Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 4:42 PM, druzy said:

That's what scares me about their pool- the chance of God forbid an accident. They had a video of them on a boat ride yesterday. None of them had any life vests on. Riley was even helping the captain drive the boat. Someone asked on Instagram where their life vests were and Adam answered "under the seats where they should be".

image.png.5b0c66547b49982dfce0143252d7a5d2.png

I saw that comment by Adam.  Hey Adam the jacket under your seats does very little for your child  if they happen to fall overboard.  What stupid arrogance.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 8:04 PM, eel21788 said:

She said pool cover, not fence. I'd bet they are too lazy to put a cover on the pool every time it isn't in use.

I'm a boater and an avid proponent that life jackets for all passengers are more important than seat belts/car seats and bike helmets. A head injury on dry land totally sucks. However, a head injury in a boating accident will most likely be fatal without a life jacket. When you're knocked out, even just for a second, the only thing that is going to bring you back to the surface where you have a possibility of being rescued is a properly fitting life jacket.

It is beyond irresponsible that all of them were not in jackets.  None of the kids are particularly strong swimmers and like you said if you are knocked out, it doesn't matter how strong of a swimmer you are.  The jacket becomes the lifesaver..

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 10

I'm curious to know how everyone feels about kids sticking their tongues out. When the quints do it, (especially the twins) the parents think it's cute.

(edited)

There are so many new cases in Texas, that people can't get an ICU bed.   So the Busbys decide it's a good time to go on a life jacket-less ocean trip, and two water park trips, and who knows what else.     I'm guessing not a mask in sight either.    The one I saw was with the camera crew wearing masks, and not Adam or the kids.   

And now a vacation trip for the couple, and their buddies?    I'm done with this show, and the family.  

I guess everything is a big joke to them, until someone gets sick and dies, or is permanently injured.    With this bunch, I can only imagine how many others will be infected when one of them gets sick, and spread this virus for days before anyone knows they're sick.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
(edited)
40 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There are so many new cases in Texas, that people can't get an ICU bed.   So the Busbys decide it's a good time to go on a life jacket-less ocean trip, and two water park trips, and who knows what else.     I'm guessing not a mask in sight either.    The one I saw was with the camera crew wearing masks, and not Adam or the kids.   

They are here now (just the parents and their friends)

Here are a few comments from this post:
image.png.34302472254f5702b543b63bf11c6066.png
image.png.cbe67c0ebdf619ea3749456a6671b89a.png
image.png.c1f6cad4f5a8cd795526fb71a345104d.png

Edited by druzy
(edited)
17 hours ago, druzy said:

They are here now (just the parents and their friends)

Here are a few comments from this post:
image.png.34302472254f5702b543b63bf11c6066.png
image.png.cbe67c0ebdf619ea3749456a6671b89a.png
image.png.c1f6cad4f5a8cd795526fb71a345104d.png

Wow that comment from Adam.  He is so full of himself.  And the only reason they have money is because of the girls.  There isn't  anything interesting about him in the least.   And by the way how are they able to get so many tests when  you have people who can't get 1 and are waiting a week for results?  Apparently they are "special".  And all for vacations?  

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 9
(edited)
18 hours ago, druzy said:

I'm curious to know how everyone feels about kids sticking their tongues out. When the quints do it, (especially the twins) the parents think it's cute.

Hazel actually thinks she is the baby because they keep telling her she is,  I don't get why they encourage it.  The tongue sticking out to me looks bratty and it doesn't make for a cute picture.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

And now a vacation trip for the couple, and their buddies?    I'm done with this show, and the family.  

I guess everything is a big joke to them, until someone gets sick and dies, or is permanently injured.    With this bunch, I can only imagine how many others will be infected when one of them gets sick, and spread this virus for days before anyone knows they're sick.    

It is getting obnoxious at this point.  The only reason they can take all these vacations is because of the money off the  girls, certainly not because of  him or Danielle.  They are now on a trip with just adults.  And exactly where did they leave their brood?  Apparently quarantine was so taxing for them they needed to get away.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm sure it's not a problem to have the full time nanny or nannies watch the girls.    My guess is that when they return home, there will be no isolation, so putting all six girls at risk, the nannies, and anyone else too.  

Why do I have the feeling that if something awful happens, it will be followed by "A Very Special Episode"? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

if something awful happens, it will be followed by "A Very Special Episode"?

Complete with lots of "Woe is me".  How could this have happened, we were so careful, etc.  While they're out "living their lives," they could be ending someone else's.

• Love 8

Every day I don’t think I could hate these people more, yet here I am. They act like they sacrifice their lives by both working full time and never seeing each other and never get to get away. They are so full of themselves and Adam is a cuntpickle. They are getting worse then Jon & Kate.  

• Love 17

It’s also pissing me off that they are just taking numerous tests so willly nilly. We are in the same state as them and when my bf wasn’t feeling well, we had to go stand in line for 2 hours to get a test. It also took 10 days to get results back which means no work until it came back. Curious if they’re taking up state resources just so they can get away from their “hard life” to go on vacation. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

It’s also pissing me off that they are just taking numerous tests so willly nilly. We are in the same state as them and when my bf wasn’t feeling well, we had to go stand in line for 2 hours to get a test. It also took 10 days to get results back which means no work until it came back. Curious if they’re taking up state resources just so they can get away from their “hard life” to go on vacation. 

They are at a beach house now with their family 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, druzy said:

They are at a beach house now with their family 🙄

Houston has just decided that any CV patient with a poor prognosis will be sent home to die instead of receiving any hospital treatment. Ex-preemies who had respiratory problems at birth (under developed lungs, collapsed lungs, reactive airway disease, etc) could easily fall into the poor prognosis category.  I really hope Addumb has thought this through.

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 5
(edited)

Adam explained on his Insta Stories why they HAD to get a beach house for a few days when they came back from their vacation. They are in the middle of renovation and their stairs were being redone and all the girls rooms are upstairs (their Master Bedroom is on the main floor).

source.gif

ETA: The family is going on another trip next week.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 5
(edited)

This was Adam's response back in May, when TX just lifted their lockdown restriction and they just had to go to the beach as soon as it open. Not sure if he meant 1% or 0.1% here 

Screenshot_20200510-220024_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Dreamerr
  • Love 1

All I'll say is that if Adam doesn't want criticism or people complaining about them and dislikes how TLC instigates drama and portrays their family, he should stop putting them in the public eye so much and quit the show (hopefully this will be their last season). Easy solution.

• Love 14
(edited)

So they probably paid $600k or more for that estate, have now redone the kitchen, including ripping out at least one wall, and now they have to redo the stairs too?    My sarcastic side is coming out over them having to suffer through the renovation to their huge house.   With a place that big, don't they have two sets of stairs?   So three weeks of vacation?    

When I redid my kitchen, a couple of houses ago, they put the fridge, and microwave in front of the fire place, and moved my table and chairs right next to them.   I didn't have to go on vacation for two weeks.  I hope the hurricane or tropical storm that landed on the Gulf coast there didn't interfere with their vacations (yes, that was totally sarcastic).

I don't think even ending the show would end the endless sponsorships, and advertising using the kids.  As long as there's someone who is willing to spend money for the kids to wear or use their product, then the ad filming and posting on social media will continue.    

There must be another season, because they were filming a few weeks ago, with the little ones riding bikes with training wheels, the camera crew members were wearing masks, and were the only ones.   I'm betting the filming for sponsors will continue with Adam doing the filming, the way they do in the off-season, unless the sponsors, and network move on to other people.     I bet the water park, and ocean cruise were part of the filming too, and all of the beach vacations.  

How nice, now they can enjoy their RV trip, and meet all kinds of people, and share germs with them.  Is it two RVs, or does the camera crew get a motel room?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, overtherainbow said:

All I'll say is that if Adam doesn't want criticism or people complaining about them and dislikes how TLC instigates drama and portrays their family, he should stop putting them in the public eye so much and quit the show (hopefully this will be their last season). Easy solution.

Except then the 2 of them might have to get real jobs and take care of their kids on their own without frequently jetting off on couples-only vacations.

• Love 13
(edited)
On 7/24/2020 at 2:03 PM, ShaNaeNae said:

Couldn't agree more.  Here he is talking about multiple tests when others are begging for 1.  And while your boyfriend missed work, they were on another vacation.  Do they even recognize how obnoxious they come off?  BTW, hope the BF is ok.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

Couldn't agree more.  Here he is talking about multiple tests when others are begging for 1.  And while your boyfriend missed work, they were on another vacation.  Do they even recognize how obnoxious they come off?  BTW, hope the BF is ok.

Thank you @justdoit10! He’s ok. He did test positive but quarantined and just got back to work. We live together and I thankfully tested negative, but quarantined as well. I appreciate you asking! 

• Love 13

I stopped watching the show.  I find the family unwatchable....just stopped by after posting on the new thread about the new TLC show on multiples, that I’m not watching either.  These families share a lot of common traits and they aren’t good.  I have zero sympathy for people like Adam. 

• Love 9

Saw this on Instagram.  Why would she take pics of the girls in their t-shirts and panties to post on the internet? Do these people stop to think of the predators out there? Or allow their children any freedom? Also, seems a few pics have a bit of a “soft” filter on them (the first one of Riley and the last one with Danielle). These kids don’t need a filter! 

I think the girls had on dark blue shorts in those photos.  But yeah, it's hard to tell that they're fully clothed.  Certainly no worse, though, than in their bathing suits.  Creepy men are going to be creepy no matter what.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, camom said:

I think the girls had on dark blue shorts in those photos.  But yeah, it's hard to tell that they're fully clothed.  Certainly no worse, though, than in their bathing suits.  Creepy men are going to be creepy no matter what.

Not in that 2nd pic of Riley and one of the twins walking. There are no pants. Creepers gonna creep but A&D should still be taking precautions. 

• Love 1

I kind of find it refreshing that they are still living their lives. I haven't stopped living mine. My husband and I have been going to work since this started, just limited days in the office (we work together), but still in the office 80% of the time, my husband and I go out to eat on Saturday like we have always done, we grocery shop together. We postponed our Gatlinburg trip from April-September, and won't be canceling it. We wear our masks, we don't have underlying medical conditions, we take our own precautions. We aren't going to lock ourselves in our home, becoming more and more depressed and angry at those that have continued to live. My parents have an RV, they've been able to continue traveling since they control their environment better than in a hotel. As for them getting tested, since filming has resumed, it is part of their contract I am sure. I know the Ghost Hunter shows I watch have all made comment on FB that they have been tested because of the filming. It is part of the contract for Disney performers going back to work. It isn't because they are bored and just heading out and getting tested. They were on a dolphin tour in that pic on the boat. I have been on quite a few in different areas, and I've never seen a child or an adult, wearing a life jacket on them. Same with the water taxi in my city. They are under the seats in case the boat is in trouble. You don't see them walking around with them on cruise ships either. I 100% understand the snark, that's what this place is for, and I respect all of your opinions, I am just sharing mine, and a different perspective. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dsnygrl33 said:

I kind of find it refreshing that they are still living their lives. I haven't stopped living mine. My husband and I have been going to work since this started, just limited days in the office (we work together), but still in the office 80% of the time, my husband and I go out to eat on Saturday like we have always done, we grocery shop together. We postponed our Gatlinburg trip from April-September, and won't be canceling it. We wear our masks, we don't have underlying medical conditions, we take our own precautions. We aren't going to lock ourselves in our home, becoming more and more depressed and angry at those that have continued to live. My parents have an RV, they've been able to continue traveling since they control their environment better than in a hotel. As for them getting tested, since filming has resumed, it is part of their contract I am sure. I know the Ghost Hunter shows I watch have all made comment on FB that they have been tested because of the filming. It is part of the contract for Disney performers going back to work. It isn't because they are bored and just heading out and getting tested. They were on a dolphin tour in that pic on the boat. I have been on quite a few in different areas, and I've never seen a child or an adult, wearing a life jacket on them. Same with the water taxi in my city. They are under the seats in case the boat is in trouble. You don't see them walking around with them on cruise ships either. I 100% understand the snark, that's what this place is for, and I respect all of your opinions, I am just sharing mine, and a different perspective. 

Thanks for sharing your perspective. I never thought about the cruise ship comparison. 

Generally on a cruise ship, you have more time to don vest than on a ski boat that can overturn quickly.  Not wearing life vests seems fine, because people are having fun, until there's a tragedy and then it's not.  Usually, there are laws about who must wear them and sadly, they aren't always followed. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 16

I watch this show from time to time and always thought they were pretty down to earth and normal. I liked watching them. I did notice how very lovely their houses were/are and a few of the shopping trips they did that money was never a concern. Of course I recognized that these were some of the perks and payoffs for having the show. However, reading above just how many vacations and things they do and feel entitled to, I am turned off as well.

Re the kitchen renovation, we just did one too and it was less disruptive than I dreaded ( it was very disruptive don't get me wrong!). We didn't have to move out though it sure would have been nice! I do think though, that with so many littles I can understand not wanting to be around The truth is though I think there's really only a handful of days that are really crazy so you just stay out of the house or off that floor.  The need for a vacation is a bit of a stretch.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the beach vacations and RV trip are all for filming, just like everything else on this show.   

I agree. They had pictures on their Insta Stories with cameramen in the background. Also their extended family was there during those trips.

I guess Riley is back in kindergarten with the rest of the quints:

I was thinking about them yesterday, knowing they are from Lake Charles and still have family members living there.  I am sure Adam's parents and grandmother still live there.  Not sure where crazy Mimi is at the moment.  I wonder if they were filming during this time and we'll see an episode about their reaction and the aftermath next season.

Talking about Hurricane Laura btw.

Mimi lives in Houston permanently, and still sells real estate. 

The grandparents in Lake Charles (Adam's parents) said something about the family having more help on hand soon, so I thought that meant that Adam's parents would be moving to Houston also.    I don't know that they did, but my guess is when they retire they will, so I'm hoping they sold that lovely house there, and moved.    I'm glad Adam's family is with them in Houston.  Lake Charles looks absolutely devastated.   

• Love 1

Just popping in to express my sympathy to the residents, extended family and friends of the Busby's who are still living in Lake Charles.  What devastation,  no water, no electricity in August - we only see the little on the news. Afraid to think of other areas that didn't get shown.

All of them (sisters and I think their husbands) are from Lake Charles , so the memories of different places and along with a host of friends/family, I'm sure are on their hearts and mind. 

I hope the beautiful land/home of  Busby Sr was spared from damage.

We didn't see any of the Lake Charles residents that were affiliated with the Busbys, but they did mention quite a few people over the years that crossed my mind. I remember the episode when Mini made a quick trip home to Lake Charles before a Thanksgiving to stay with a friend who obviously gave her a tough love speech that sent her in enroll in real estate school. Mimi co-workers of 25+ years at the school. The relatives we didn't meet at Cajun Christmas. The 30+ years coworkers of Adam's father when he shared his work-life with Adam, who was contemplating leaving his job,

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2