Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

On 12/31/2019 at 3:48 PM, alegtostandon said:

I am amazed at those who know which girl is which,  the only one I  know is Hazel because she wears the glasses! 

Happy New Year, everyone! 

Besides the twins it is easy to tell the other 3 apart and I don't even watch on a regular basis.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Hazel is becoming quite the little ham for the cameras and RHY!! RHY!! is doing her cocky pose as usual... Parker finally looks happy... Blayke is getting so tall.

Hazel has been a ham for the cameras for quite a while.

It wasn't PARKER who hit Blayke in the 'bus'. For a start, Parker isn't a hitter, even though she is clearly the strongest and most agile of the quints - the worst you'll ever have seen  is for her to push a sister away. But that was DEFINITELY NOT PARKER's HAIR.  It's impossible (?) to get a facial ID, but if I had to guess I'd guess Lulu from the curly hair alone. Riley, Lulu & Hazel are the hitters, kickers, pinchers and biters, but Riley, like Parker, has straight hair, and THIS hair didn't look Hazel's red. Mind you, if the video were b & w, I would have likely changed my guess to Hazel...by the look AND the fact she has the most-explosive temper born-of-frustration of the quints ... AND recent observation suggests she might have been given boxing lessons, twice landing a straight-forward jab-out-of-nowhere... once on Uncle Dale (which he FELT, despite it being 'in fun', with Adam laughing his head off), and another time on Lulu, who had walked over to a restaurant booth where Hazel was happily laughing away 'entertaining' a bored, but barely-there-smiling Parker...and told Hazel "You're NOT funny!"...3 TIMES - before Hazel, laughing expression unchanged, zapped her with a blow best resembling a'kill to the heart' in a sword fight! I agree btw about "poor Blayke" who Mom always calls FIRST in any quint battle..."BLAYKE!?" giving the impression not only that Blayke should be able to recount in detail what happened, but also that she is somehow a touch responsible for not keeping the quints under control sufficiently so that Mom may stay focused on her own 'stuff'.  JMO :)

• Love 1
On 11/14/2019 at 5:31 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, the parents need to discipline and wtf why is Hazel going around knowing that her ass stinks and her first thought is to make others smell it.... She's plenty old enough to clean her own bum and if she can't clean it good enough then she needs to ask for help not run around punking people with her stinky ass.

And yes I know kids do stuff like this but you don't let them keep doing it and giggling when they do it.  🙄

The nose picking and EATING is beyond gross... That should have been stopped dead in its tracks a long time ago.... The parents seem to think that literally everything the quints do is adorable and make very little real effort to stop them.

Every time Parker acts up Adumb scoops her up and babies her....He continuously reinforces her behaviour... I can understand and sympathize with her about being scared of a horse but it's gotten to be that almost everything and everyone other than her parents scares this freaking kid.... Adumb constantly protecting her isn't giving her the opportunity to gain confidence and realize there was nothing to be scared of...... She seems to be getting worse not better because Adumb has taught her how to get out of dealing with things... Just start fussing, crying and acting up and u don't have to do it.

All of them are bad with the slapping, kicking etc..... Even little Hazel has turned into a fighter smacking, shoving.... and red faced Parker slapping and punching at Blayke was ridiculous, Adumb should have stopped the van got out and dealt with her, tell her she's not allowed to hit her sister and it better not happen again or there will be trouble!!....The fighting should have been addressed but once again the parents like to giggle about it so they let it continue plus I think they let ALL the bad behaviour continue for the show.

I haven't been able to watch the dude ranch episode because I'm getting sick of the bad behaviour with zero consequences other then the lame "time outs" where they've learned if they get up and walk away nothing is done so there's no time out for the worst offender like Riley.

Riley is smart, she's figured out that the parents are wishy-washy idiots.

Riley going to the pantry and taking food in the night and then sneaks back to the room and wouldn't share anything, just sat in her bed gobbling all the cookies like a little weirdo and slapping the others when they asked should have resulted in punishment but nope, Adumb and Daniel think it's cute cuz "RYYY RYYYY" (why do they think that's a cute nickname?) is so cute and precocious... Ya I don't think so, she's a greedy selfish brat who needs some discipline.... She obviously sucked up more than her share in the womb (poor little Hazel was probably squashed under Riley's fat ass) and she's still sucking up more than her fair share.... Maybe she'd eat her vegetables if she wasn't allowed to steal cookies and eat all night.

I'm starting to really dislike this family except Blayke,  she seems to be a sweet little girl and the quints are disgusting little monsters.... I feel sorry for her and I wish she would have smacked the hell out of Parker and given her something to cry about. 

I couldnt have said it better myself. I have never seen such undisiplined, Rude, Pain in the ass kids in my life. The hitting and biting and just general lack of decency these girls show every single day. Thats why there is a problem downloading 6 kids at once. None of them are fully developed and they will all grow up to be white trash trailer park Meth Queens. And I have $1000 riding on that. Thats what happens when you split a brain 5 ways. You get 5 complete Morons and Oxygen Thiefs.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Danielle is so pretty to me. She's conventionally attractive and glams up well. She looks polished day to day because she has the gift of natural beauty. She's much prettier than her twin sisters,  and it looks like they put significantly more effort into thier day to day look.  Nevertheless,  Danielle's wash n wear casual looks outshine them. She's also quite a bit more beautiful than her mother.

Danielle is a kind woman with a very big heart. That said,  I've known women like her who have had the privilege of effortless beauty since childhood.  They take it for granted and are blind to the ways it has made there lives easier, better,  and tend to have high self esteem because society treats the beautiful well.

Unfortunately, this seems to have the effect of making them tone deaf/clueless when it comes to raising an daughter of average or especially of homely appearance.  They won't understand that the world doesn't welcome the plain/less attractive girls with open arms. The world can be cold place, every day for a young child,  as compared to the acceptance Danielle most likely took for granted.  

Not saying Danielle's life was perfect growing up or she never encountered insecurities or friends drama. But I don't think she conceptualized just how brutal the school yard will be for her daughters, pretty =popular it's the unfortunate truth.

I think Danielle is naive to this due to growing up pretty. Not sure how she'll handle it if/when the quints face rejection on the playground. Especially hazel, possibly Parker though I see her as either a bully/mean girl or emotionally special needs depending on how she matures. Riley I see as the classic queen bee popular girl, despite some of her difficult behavior at home, I think she'll thrive in school socially and academically. I also don't see her as a mean girl, she's seems more like a mini Danielle, pretty, popular, but oblivious to the fact that it's not so easy for everyone. 

The twins, I see as the sweetest natured, theyll find a niche and I think will give Adam and Danielle the least headache.

I mostly worry about hazel. She's quite bright and verbal, loves to play, but I just imagine her being shunned due to her usual appearance. Kids are brutal even in the young grades and it seems unfair that she'll be low man on the totem pole. And I really don't think Danielle will have a clue how to handle it,.

My aunt grew up as a popular blonde. Everything came easy in her life. Her daughter was homely and awkward. My aunt had no concept of the emotional pain and exclusion my cousin faced. She just blew it off and just acted like oh well, she has love at home , just forget school people. She just didn't and couldn't get it.

I think the quints elementary years will be a rocky road. Mainly for hazel. I hope Danielle can get out of her bubble a bit and see hazel the way her peers will, and offer the support she needs so her self esteem doesnt nosedive.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The Busby girls are about to learn that in showbiz, no matter how young and pretty you are, there's always someone younger and prettier breathing down your neck.  

Move over, girls, because I'd bet good money that TLC has already been on the phone with these people:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/4-of-a-kind-minnesota-couple-welcome-rare-identical-quadruplet-girls/ar-BB11nw68?ocid=spartandhp

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

The Busby girls are about to learn that in showbiz, no matter how young and pretty you are, there's always someone younger and prettier breathing down your neck.  

Move over, girls, because I'd bet good money that TLC has already been on the phone with these people:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/4-of-a-kind-minnesota-couple-welcome-rare-identical-quadruplet-girls/ar-BB11nw68?ocid=spartandhp

Identical quadruplet girls? And one of them is named “Lakely”? TLC has DEFINITELY been in touch! 😂

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2020 at 4:13 AM, mcacc2018 said:

Danielle is so pretty to me. She's conventionally attractive and glams up well. She looks polished day to day because she has the gift of natural beauty. She's much prettier than her twin sisters,  and it looks like they put significantly more effort into thier day to day look.  Nevertheless,  Danielle's wash n wear casual looks outshine them. She's also quite a bit more beautiful than her mother.

Danielle is a kind woman with a very big heart. That said,  I've known women like her who have had the privilege of effortless beauty since childhood.  They take it for granted and are blind to the ways it has made there lives easier, better,  and tend to have high self esteem because society treats the beautiful well.

Unfortunately, this seems to have the effect of making them tone deaf/clueless when it comes to raising an daughter of average or especially of homely appearance.  They won't understand that the world doesn't welcome the plain/less attractive girls with open arms. The world can be cold place, every day for a young child,  as compared to the acceptance Danielle most likely took for granted.  

Not saying Danielle's life was perfect growing up or she never encountered insecurities or friends drama. But I don't think she conceptualized just how brutal the school yard will be for her daughters, pretty =popular it's the unfortunate truth.

I think Danielle is naive to this due to growing up pretty. Not sure how she'll handle it if/when the quints face rejection on the playground. Especially hazel, possibly Parker though I see her as either a bully/mean girl or emotionally special needs depending on how she matures. Riley I see as the classic queen bee popular girl, despite some of her difficult behavior at home, I think she'll thrive in school socially and academically. I also don't see her as a mean girl, she's seems more like a mini Danielle, pretty, popular, but oblivious to the fact that it's not so easy for everyone. 

The twins, I see as the sweetest natured, theyll find a niche and I think will give Adam and Danielle the least headache.

I mostly worry about hazel. She's quite bright and verbal, loves to play, but I just imagine her being shunned due to her usual appearance. Kids are brutal even in the young grades and it seems unfair that she'll be low man on the totem pole. And I really don't think Danielle will have a clue how to handle it,.

My aunt grew up as a popular blonde. Everything came easy in her life. Her daughter was homely and awkward. My aunt had no concept of the emotional pain and exclusion my cousin faced. She just blew it off and just acted like oh well, she has love at home , just forget school people. She just didn't and couldn't get it.

I think the quints elementary years will be a rocky road. Mainly for hazel. I hope Danielle can get out of her bubble a bit and see hazel the way her peers will, and offer the support she needs so her self esteem doesnt nosedive.

The glasses they have Hazel in lately are awful.  I guess she broke her other ones but these are just ugly.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really wonder at the wisdom of taking a big bunch of people skiiing for filming during this time.      The Busby group must be 20 people, plus the huge film and production crew.    

That's a good point, but they did take that trip before schools began closing by us.  The posts here are dated March 14, and our school didn't announce a closing until March 13.  My guess is they had already taken their trip before the social distancing really started.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

The glasses they have Hazel in lately are awful.  I guess she broke her other ones but these are just ugly.

I agree... Hazel has beady eyes that dart around and her nose is like a bird beak..the PINK POINDEXTER glasses aren't helping.

She looks like a confused chicken.

I really wish they'd get her some cute glasses. 👓 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/21/2020 at 10:05 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really wonder at the wisdom of taking a big bunch of people skiiing for filming during this time.      The Busby group must be 20 people, plus the huge film and production crew.    

But the Gosselins got a TLC paid Wyoming vacation! The Busby have to have one, too! This is becoming The Truman Show the same way Jon & Kate was. It will probably end up being the downfall of their marriage, too.

• Love 4

Considering the huge new house, the giant pool, and play areas, and the couple of acres they own, I think quarantine will quite confy for the entire Busby clan.    I wonder if the multiple nannies are live in during quarantine too?        I hope they enjoyed their ski vacation, and many months of home time they'll be doing.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Considering the huge new house, the giant pool, and play areas, and the couple of acres they own, I think quarantine will quite confy for the entire Busby clan.    I wonder if the multiple nannies are live in during quarantine too?        I hope they enjoyed their ski vacation, and many months of home time they'll be doing.    

They are recording every single minute of their days now. Also, they just started a Tik Tok account.

• Love 1

I dont know how or why they do it. I would have traded these little pain in the asses years ago. No discipline out of control monsters. Hazel still hs her crazy eyes. I see that hasnt been fixed.

There is very little they can do about Hazel's eyes.    I keep hoping that there will be some kind of fix someday, since a lot of people have the eye issues she does, but so far they can change glasses, and try some fixes surgically.  

• Love 7
On 5/13/2020 at 12:12 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

There is very little they can do about Hazel's eyes.    I keep hoping that there will be some kind of fix someday, since a lot of people have the eye issues she does, but so far they can change glasses, and try some fixes surgically.  

The glasses they have her in now are horrible.  From the color to the pointed frames.  They certainly should be able to find a more attractive pair.  Try a shade of blue and a different shape.  The previous ones were better looking glasses.

On 3/10/2020 at 12:20 AM, Waldopepper said:

I couldnt have said it better myself. I have never seen such undisiplined, Rude, Pain in the ass kids in my life. The hitting and biting and just general lack of decency these girls show every single day. Thats why there is a problem downloading 6 kids at once. None of them are fully developed and they will all grow up to be white trash trailer park Meth Queens. And I have $1000 riding on that. Thats what happens when you split a brain 5 ways. You get 5 complete Morons and Oxygen Thiefs.

Hazel and Parker are the babyish.  They are the ones that always look to be held.

I will not be watching the show but I do occasionally watch their youtube channel out of curiosity to see how they’re growing up. Adam and Danielle may be marginally better parents than Jon and Kate were but I agree that the girls are really undisciplined and spoiled, they whine so much (especially Riley and Hazel), Riley will throw a mock tantrum over not getting something and they will just laugh it off instead of bothering to correct her. I know it isn’t easy to have that many little girls the same age, I can’t even imagine, but they will walk all over you if you don’t nip it in the bud fast, turn off the cameras for once and make some special moments with your daughters without it having to be filmed. They passed the cute stage at like 3 ½ and it’s getting really old now.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 1:39 AM, Dreamerr said:

Does anyone know what happen to Beaux the dog? Haven't seen him in a while, his IG hasn't been active since last year.

In the Facebook photo they posted, the dog is curled up on the couch.    They had a press day via media for the season starting 2 June. 

The reason Hazel has ugly glasses is that they are flexible, and hold up to abuse from Hazel and her sisters. 

Do these people realize how entitled, and whiny they sound?   The latest commercial, with the parents complaining about being home with six kids is ridiculous.     They live in a massive house, on at least an acre, with a huge pool and hot tub, a giant play set, and trampolines, and anything the kids could ever want.   This is not a problem.   I guess having to take care of your own kids is too much for them, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they have live in help, even in quarantine.    I bet they pulled out the checkbook, and installed a giant home gym too.     

This whining about being confined with their out of control kids is boring.     

I knew the couple were clueless, but who posts a FB picture of the two in swimsuits, on the beach, and saying "Happy Memorial Day"?  Happy and Memorial Day never go together.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
On 5/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

In the Facebook photo they posted, the dog is curled up on the couch.    They had a press day via media for the season starting 2 June. 

The reason Hazel has ugly glasses is that they are flexible, and hold up to abuse from Hazel and her sisters. 

Do these people realize how entitled, and whiny they sound?   The latest commercial, with the parents complaining about being home with six kids is ridiculous.     They live in a massive house, on at least an acre, with a huge pool and hot tub, a giant play set, and trampolines, and anything the kids could ever want.   This is not a problem.   I guess having to take care of your own kids is too much for them, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they have live in help, even in quarantine.    I bet they pulled out the checkbook, and installed a giant home gym too.     

This whining about being confined with their out of control kids is boring.     

I knew the couple were clueless, but who posts a FB picture of the two in swimsuits, on the beach, and saying "Happy Memorial Day"?  Happy and Memorial Day never go together.  

I've just come to the conclusion that they generally suck as humans.  Maybe if they spent more time parenting and less time away, their kids wouldn't be so difficult to deal with and they might enjoy them more, especially since they're getting older and don't demand so much physical caretaking.

• Love 6
(edited)

the Busbys had a little segment just now on the Tamon Hall show. They had to film a couple themselves of episodes themselves during the COVID quarantine, as the crew had to leave out.

Tamron asked about the upcoming birthdays (among other questions like the male postpardum). Danielle said they are used to having a big family around so they just had a celebration within their home.

Sooo it took a pandemic for Danielle to figure out how (and if she could) function without her family posse around ???   My God....

I expected her to at least say either (1) they broke quarantine or (2) Mimi moved in the 1st day (or sooner) during the shut-down process, so she became part of their household or (3) they did it outside 6 feet apart...full LA Creole Cajun party style

And Blayke is either 9 or 10... at what age can she start dressing in an outfit that doesn't match the quints??

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
(edited)

I just cannot handle these people!  I saw their commercial the other day, wondering "what are we going to do with SIX kids stuck indoors?!". They don't have to stay indoors.  They have a huge yard with more equipment than a park!  Maybe they can't go on a Disney cruise or a trip to Hawaii,  but you're not stuck indoors! I'm not going to be watching. Maybe one of these days they'll go away! 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 14

They were quarantining after a TLC ski trip with the whole family, the husband's parents, Mimi, and who knows how many others, just as Texas was starting restrictions.      They live in a house that most would call an estate, they have a giant pool, all kinds of playground equipment, and a huge yard.    That's not suffering.    I wonder if their full time caretakers moved in too?   

I'm sure a lot of others who have a few kids, no jobs right now, and a tiny place would be glad to trade places with them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
10 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I just cannot handle these people!  I saw their commercial the other day, wondering "what are we going to do with SIX kids stuck indoors?!". 

I don't know. Maybe be forced to actually take care of your own children? I know that is a novelty (and considered a huge sacrifice) for them. They've practically admitted that Blake was raised by her preschool teacher. Figuring out parenting isn't easy, especially this late in the game. Quarantine may be the nail in the coffin for their marriage. Hopefully, that will end the show and give their kids some sort of chance at a normal life. 

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I just cannot handle these people!  I saw their commercial the other day, wondering "what are we going to do with SIX kids stuck indoors?!". They don't have to stay indoors.  They have a huge yard with more equipment than a park!  Maybe they can't go on a Disney cruise or a trip to Hawaii,  but you're not stuck indoors! I'm not going to be watching. Maybe one of these days they'll go away! 

Given what the country/world has been through, I find Danielle's comments a little insulting.

Agree with the point of why indoors? Yes - Houston gets chilly but I don't recall an order to "never go outside", and they had better weather than most of the country in late March/early April. Don't get me started on a list of what you can do with a basketball/ small soccer team of five, 5 yr olds outside.

first of all - Blayke is in school - 3rd grade I guess. Yes, it probably took a few days for her teacher(s) to get a rhythm, zoom, lesson plans, but Blayke should have had something to do for at least part of the day, M-F.

second - many of the after-school, extra curricular activities, converted over to online. I know for a fact, scouts (boys & girls) met via zoom. A friend of mine still held a children's weekly faith study. The sports sent emails on exercises/skill drills, to be done at home, with little/no equipment.  Music teacher's gave lessons online. I sent gym class exercises, from one of the plethora of emails I received to someone who's daughter wanted to show she was doing exercise for middle school gym class .I will share an example below for amusement 🙂 . The point is if Danielle didn't somehow get in touch with the outside world, that is her fault. 

third - the quints . Yes, the worksheet/zoom class world is tough for k4/k5. But what about devising a school schedule at home?   The fancy pre-school teacher couldn't drop a note on what she does with the quints all day? Neither Danielle or Adam was juggling a full time job that converted to work at home, as many parents had to. Still doing. But getting those girls to sit down for any kinda of lesson - requires a little pre-planning, work, structure, and discipline, which Danielle probably didn't want to do.

fourth - and I know this is a little old school - but I know a few parents, who upped the chores. Sometimes in the name of learning a new life skill, but mostly in the name of keeping busy. Teach Blayke a new dish to cook.  The quints are old enough to set/clear the table, fold clothes, minor cleaning, take stuff out of this drawer/bin/closet to sort for donation, empty wastebaskets, strip and make beds, teach the dog a new trick, etc. I know Danielle had a chore chart - maybe it needed to be updated and expanded.

fifth - I pretty sure Danielle whipped out a sewing machine one the episode when Bylake went to the father-daughter dance. make masks. She is going to need plenty. would have been a good time to teach Blayke to sew and for the quints , again find an activity they could also do to show support for the community.

Reserving the right to add to this list later..

image.png.ca39fab725d0067869f26450bafcb8df.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 9
On 5/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, sATL said:

Given what the country/world has been through, I find Danielle's comments a little insulting.

Agree with the point of why indoors? Yes - Houston gets chilly but I don't recall an order to "never go outside", and they had better weather than most of the country in late March/early April. Don't get me started on a list of what you can do with a basketball/ small soccer team of five, 5 yr olds outside.

first of all - Blayke is in school - 3rd grade I guess. Yes, it probably took a few days for her teacher(s) to get a rhythm, zoom, lesson plans, but Blayke should have had something to do for at least part of the day, M-F.

second - many of the after-school, extra curricular activities, converted over to online. I know for a fact, scouts (boys & girls) met via zoom. A friend of mine still held a children's weekly faith study. The sports sent emails on exercises/skill drills, to be done at home, with little/no equipment.  Music teacher's gave lessons online. I sent gym class exercises, from one of the plethora of emails I received to someone who's daughter wanted to show she was doing exercise for middle school gym class .I will share an example below for amusement 🙂 . The point is if Danielle didn't somehow get in touch with the outside world, that is her fault. 

third - the quints . Yes, the worksheet/zoom class world is tough for k4/k5. But what about devising a school schedule at home?   The fancy pre-school teacher couldn't drop a note on what she does with the quints all day? Neither Danielle or Adam was juggling a full time job that converted to work at home, as many parents had to. Still doing. But getting those girls to sit down for any kinda of lesson - requires a little pre-planning, work, structure, and discipline, which Danielle probably didn't want to do.

fourth - and I know this is a little old school - but I know a few parents, who upped the chores. Sometimes in the name of learning a new life skill, but mostly in the name of keeping busy. Teach Blayke a new dish to cook.  The quints are old enough to set/clear the table, fold clothes, minor cleaning, take stuff out of this drawer/bin/closet to sort for donation, empty wastebaskets, strip and make beds, teach the dog a new trick, etc. I know Danielle had a chore chart - maybe it needed to be updated and expanded.

fifth - I pretty sure Danielle whipped out a sewing machine one the episode when Bylake went to the father-daughter dance. make masks. She is going to need plenty. would have been a good time to teach Blayke to sew and for the quints , again find an activity they could also do to show support for the community.

Reserving the right to add to this list later..

image.png.ca39fab725d0067869f26450bafcb8df.png

One would think that since the quints are FIVE, Adam and Danielle might stop with the bewilderment they seem to have about parenting 6 kids.  I get that at first, that's a lot to get used to, but their seeming inability to get the idea that they have 6 kids that THEY need to actually parent is no longer believable and makes them look really lazy and unwilling to do what it takes to raise their kids.  I'm sure it's not easy, but it's definitely necessary when you make the deliberate choice to have 6 kids.  

• Love 14

I actually enjoy this show for the most part.  I think all six of the girls are so cute and yes, kids eat boogers.  My biggest issue with that is that some day in the future Hazel's booger eating will come back to haunt her.  I hope her parents have done a good enough job of building up her self-esteem that she will be able to deal with it.  Having worn ugly glasses most of my childhood I do feel bad for her and her eye issues but most of us survive and become (relatively) normal human beings.  Being surrounded by loving parents and family members doesn't hurt.

I think Danielle copes fairly well with living in the midst of six very loud children.  You just can't fight every battle so sometimes you just let the chaos carry on and take care of the important things.  At the end of the day her children appear to be clean, well fed and clothed, and make it to school on time and ready to participate in class (and kudos to having each of the quints in separate groups this year - it will help them to develop their own identities).  I have a friend who has triplets who are almost teenagers and they still dress the same all the time - I'm uncertain at this point as to whether it is their choice or their mom's.  Whatever - not my kid not my problem!

I think Adam is a bit of a drama queen, but last night even he admitted to this.  

Sorry to see that Danielle had to have a hysterectomy at a relatively young age.  I guess carrying five children at once can do serious damage to your uterus.  Hope she feels a lot better.  I think as women we all go through a little mourning period when we realize that the door has shut for having more children, even if we really didn't want anymore.  It's just sad to have that choice taken away from us.

I think Hazel has gorgeous hair, as do several of the other quints.  Last night she said her hair was fire colored - obviously she is proud of her red hair.  It is cute to see that as they get older their differences are more accentuated.

• Love 11

This was one of the more enjoyable episodes for me.  I'm glad they just mentioned Danielle's hysterectomy and didn't spend an episode on it.  I thought they did a pretty good job with the fire education (although how could her sister and BIL be so clueless?).  The backyard dance looked like fun for everyone and was a good alternative to the daddy-daughter dance.  Assuming the daddy-daughter dance happens every year, why not just take two girls every year for three years?  I couldn't understand why Danielle thought it was a good idea for Adam to take all of them, and he was right that it would just end up with Blayke trying to help corral the quints.  I also liked Adam taking them out for ice cream and telling each of them why they are special.  Parker saying that Adam makes her feel safe was both sweet and sad.

• Love 4
On 6/3/2020 at 12:33 PM, RoxiP said:

I actually enjoy this show for the most part.  I think all six of the girls are so cute and yes, kids eat boogers.  My biggest issue with that is that some day in the future Hazel's booger eating will come back to haunt her.  I hope her parents have done a good enough job of building up her self-esteem that she will be able to deal with it.  Having worn ugly glasses most of my childhood I do feel bad for her and her eye issues but most of us survive and become (relatively) normal human beings.  Being surrounded by loving parents and family members doesn't hurt.

I think Danielle copes fairly well with living in the midst of six very loud children.  You just can't fight every battle so sometimes you just let the chaos carry on and take care of the important things.  At the end of the day her children appear to be clean, well fed and clothed, and make it to school on time and ready to participate in class (and kudos to having each of the quints in separate groups this year - it will help them to develop their own identities).  I have a friend who has triplets who are almost teenagers and they still dress the same all the time - I'm uncertain at this point as to whether it is their choice or their mom's.  Whatever - not my kid not my problem!

I think Adam is a bit of a drama queen, but last night even he admitted to this.  

Sorry to see that Danielle had to have a hysterectomy at a relatively young age.  I guess carrying five children at once can do serious damage to your uterus.  Hope she feels a lot better.  I think as women we all go through a little mourning period when we realize that the door has shut for having more children, even if we really didn't want anymore.  It's just sad to have that choice taken away from us.

I think Hazel has gorgeous hair, as do several of the other quints.  Last night she said her hair was fire colored - obviously she is proud of her red hair.  It is cute to see that as they get older their differences are more accentuated.

I am surprised they don't make better looking glasses for kids these days.  The pink pointy ones are particularly ugly.  I think they should try another shade, maybe blue, instead of always pink

• Love 5
On 6/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, RoxiP said:

As someone with curly hair, I wish someone would show Danielle how to care for and style Hazel’s, Ava’s and Olivia’s hair. I cringed a few times last season when I saw her brushing their dry hair with that big, flat brush. Their hair would look so cute if Danielle didn’t brush out half the curl. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 11/16/2019 at 4:29 PM, readheaded said:

They also can’t be acting in the girls’ best interests if they’re focusing so hard on their on-camera presence and brand.  It’s really sad. 

We adults get to pick and choose what we do and don't want to do, to some extent. No one can make me go white water rafting, which would be very scary for me. Let Parker develop at her own rate. Think how big that horse looked to a 4/5 year old. I seem to be in a minority here, because I think Danielle and Adam are good parents. I especially think Danielle is great.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, EVS said:

As someone with curly hair, I wish someone would show Danielle how to care for and style Hazel’s, Ava’s and Olivia’s hair. I cringed a few times last season when I saw her brushing their dry hair with that big, flat brush. Their hair would look so cute if Danielle didn’t brush out half the curl. 

Doesn't her sister own a hair salon and is a hair stylist?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/3/2020 at 9:20 AM, ellenr33 said:

I was hate watching the show the other note and I realized why Parker has "anxiety". Point blank she doesn't like a camera shoved in her face. 

Exactly. She probably also doesn’t like being singled out and taken to doctors for questioning about her “problem”.  She’s an introvert in a family of extroverts. As a kid, I remember wondering whether I was adopted because my parents and older brother were boisterous people and there I was hiding under the table just wanting to read my books and be left alone. 

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 5:16 PM, EVS said:

I could barely do my own daughter's hair and get her out of the house in the morning in time for school...I can't imagine getting 6 little girls awake, dressed, fed, and out of the house in time for school...much less doing their hair!

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:04 AM, winsomeone said:

Did Riley say she was in kindergarten, and her sisters in pre-school?

Riley tested out of pre-k way before her sisters so she was moved up to kindergarten.  It probably has helped her behavior issues - she was probably bored in pre-k, and a bored kid can be a lot of trouble!  (Riley is actually my favorite but she was a PITB at times!)

• Love 2

Did Riley say she was in kindergarten, and her sisters in pre-school?

And yet didn't they post that all the girls were going into kindergarten?  Perhaps the other girls were still in a traditional preschool program and Riley was in a more academically centered pre-k class.  I like that they split the girls up.  I'm sure that won't be completely possible in kindergarten (what school has 5 kindergarten classes?), but at least they will probably not all be together.

(edited)

I'm reasonably sure that Riley is in kindergarten, and will therefore be in first grade next year (okay, I just found an article about it and that is still up in the air - although why would they make an already thriving kid repeat a grade unnecessarily?).  She (and her parents) have commented on how much bigger the other kids are than she is, and it also appears that all of the other girls are in another room where the classes are divided up whereas Riley is in a totally separate room.  The important fact is that Riley appears to be thriving in this environment.  She just may be one of those kids who skips grades because of her intelligence.

https://www.thelist.com/170011/heres-how-outdaughtereds-riley-busby-is-doing-since-skipping-a-grade/

Edited by RoxiP
I added a link confirming.