Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

On 10/23/2019 at 11:00 AM, Waldopepper said:

Adam and Danielle are ruining these kids lives for all the world to see and observe. I know that there is no manual or handbook for raising good kids let alone 5 at one time, but one thing I can say is that they are failing in a Big way. These kids are rude, nasty towards adults, show no repsect to adults, violent, the crying and whining is out of control. I dont care how well Riley does on her tests. Being book smart does nothing for their ability to interact with othe people. I know they hav 6 girls in that house but why have we never seen them playing with other kids and Their cousins dont count. 4 years and no sign of friends of any kind, or a sleepover. They dont know how to act is probably why we have never seen them playing with other kids. And next weeks episode where They are riding horses, and everyone appears to be having a great time and then there red faced Parker crying her eyes out. What is wrong with her? what kind of girl crys like that when they have a chance to ride a horse and Adam needs to stop letting her cling all over him. She needs to show a little independence and Adam needs to help her with that and put her on the ground when she is trying to hug him and is hanging all over him, and Hazel freaking out as Danielle carries her away from the table with her legs flailing in the air. My sister used to pull that BS with my mom and she would just let her crashing to the floor. that kind of activity ended real quick.

The parents need to discipline these kids. The trouble is everyone is telling them how beautiful they are, and if you say they are not disciplined, omg everyone is down your back saying you get a pass if you have quints, if not don’t comment because you have no idea what it like. Even if the normal person has 5 kids aren’t quints just a few years apart, the fans of the show say you can’t compare because your 5 kids are a few years apart. It is sickening. I don’t care if you have one or 10 or quints or kids a few years apart they need to be DISCIPLINED. Nothing is cute or beautiful about uncontrolled brats. The show is constantly showing them picking their nose. It’s disgusting to show that and the parents laugh about it. What about Hazel saying Smell my butt and one of the quints lifts her dress and smells it and says Ewww! Or one of the quints constantly talking about farting. They are gross. This family should be taken off tv.

Edited by Snow Ann
  • Love 6
On 10/22/2019 at 5:44 PM, ellenr33 said:

Am I the only one a little weirded out by Uncle Dale's obsession with Hazel? 

I have always found Uncle Dale's connection with Hazel to be at best "weird" and at worst "concerning".  And it has nothing to do with  "favoritism", though that is at the very least  inconsiderate of the other girls.  It's more than just that, however; it's uncomfortable and odd, and sometimes generates an "icky" feeling, if you know what I mean.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2019 at 1:35 PM, ellenr33 said:

Did anyone else like the super obvious ad for Red Baron pizza in the middle of the episode? Ain't no shame in their turning their kids into little cash cows game. 

I don’t think commercials should be put into the program. I always fast forward past commercials. But can’t do that if they are written into the show.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Waldopepper said:

Individual Trusts. Now that's funny. Yeah also known as Adams Camera crap fund and Danielles Makeup fund. They aint saving a damn thing for those kids.

They get boxes and boxes of free stuff. Boxes of Matilda Jane for the quints and Blayke. They get every new toy, puzzles, computer equipment you name it. They are partnered up with every company you can think of. They have their own YouTube channel, Amazon channel, Graesonbee fashions for everyone in family, CADi fitness that all three sisters opened for sports wear. Their prices are expensive. You can find great stuff a lot cheaper than what they charge, but some  will buy so they can say I got a quint shirt. FB forget it. You can’t give an opinion because they will tell you change the channel. FB they may as well not have comment boards. The Busbys had all their church community go there Thursday night and post stuff because the Busbys don’t want to hear post about the kids being their cash cows or say they need discipline so their church going friends went on their and all you hear is how beautiful the kids are and the parents are the best and don’t listen to the haters and keyboard warriors. No one else knows how to parent, did you know that? Only quint parents know how to parent. God forbid if you have children it’s not the same . Go read the baloney there. If the Busbys can’t take the bad with the good because not everyone agrees they are doing a good job at discipline then don’t put themselves on tv. Be prepared for the Busbys to go say something or get their church to. Take this stupid program off air. People should write to TLC and stop this program . They wouldn’t even be thought of if they didn’t have quints. They are living off their children. Who else could just up and quit a job with 6 kids like Adam did. While they are all goo goo over them the most family’s go out and work not live off their children. Look at Parker that poor child can’t stand cameras in her face. She has anxiety problems but the so called wonderful parents don’t care because the money from this un-reality show is allowing the parents to travel, have big beautiful houses, new cars , you name it so why should they worry that their child is having anxiety problems. Wait till they are older and they know the world saw their poop stuff and sitting on a toilet etc. They will all have major problems. The Busbys have their hands in everything and quote Bible quotes. They certainly don’t follow it because they are so GREEDY for money off the show and the fans watching it. They could put any price on their apparel and it sells out, that’s how stupid people are. The Busbys are laughing all the way to the bank while they go on lavish vacations while the fans are home writing how wonderful they are on the comments😆😆😆

13 hours ago, Waldopepper said:

Individual Trusts. Now that's funny. Yeah also known as Adams Camera crap fund and Danielles Makeup fund. They aint saving a damn thing for those kids.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Snow Ann said:

FB they may as well not have comment boards. The Busbys had all their church community go there Thursday night and post stuff because the Busbys don’t want to hear post about the kids being their cash cows or say they need discipline so their church going friends went on their and all you hear is how beautiful the kids are and the parents are the best and don’t listen to the haters and keyboard warriors. No one else knows how to parent, did you know that? Only quint parents know how to parent. God forbid if you have children it’s not the same . Go read the baloney there. If the Busbys can’t take the bad with the good because not everyone agrees they are doing a good job at discipline then don’t put themselves on tv. Be prepared for the Busbys to go say something or get their church to. 

Is that what Adam was referring to in his post about friends and family going to battle for them when they are under attack? When you put your family on a reality show people are going to critique everything you do. It's their choice and they get compensated for it.

Here is a comment from the post:
image.png.648a0316cf9a343f205854b78cd43adb.png
It looks like his father joined Instagram just to make a comment on this post:
image.png.cc23776a1caf0cae3795cb39c5b81247.png
I wonder what happened.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, druzy said:

Is that what Adam was referring to in his post about friends and family going to battle for them when they are under attack? When you put your family on a reality show people are going to critique everything you do. It's their choice and they get compensated for it.

Here is a comment from the post:
image.png.648a0316cf9a343f205854b78cd43adb.png
It looks like his father joined Instagram just to make a comment on this post:
image.png.cc23776a1caf0cae3795cb39c5b81247.png
I wonder what happened.

Yes.. they took off a lot of post since Thursday because people were posting they are name calling to. Then all of a sudden the post from others were gone. Only post staying there are from their friends and church still calling people trolls and haters and other names. They really should get off TV because they are going to hear people think they do it for money etc. especially because their little girl Parker is having anxiety problems and doesn’t like the camera. You would think they would stay off tv and get Parker some help. Their kids are their cash cows sorry to say.😟

• Love 9
On 10/22/2019 at 9:31 PM, HahYallDoin said:

It is so obvious that the girls are repeating "lines" in many of the TH. I'm sure Adam is filming them himself and this allows him, Danielle, the nanny, etc. to tell them what to say. TLC could care less as it saves them production costs if he does it and it allows the Busby's to manipulate the girls even more, in an effort to keep them 'cute' for the cameras.

Instead, the parents should focus on is the girls, at times, feral behavior. They aren't cute at all when they whine, scream, hit one another and talk back. Danielle and Adam will play hell keeping them in line tomorrow when they have trouble doing so today. I don't find sassy behavior appealing in children! There were school and neighborhood friends of our children who weren't invited to our home. If you don't have proper manners and are entitled in your dealings with adults or peers, you won't darken the doorway of our home. We enjoyed watching rambunctious, energetic, loud, non-stop playing and laughing from our children's friends but back talking and demanding behavior would result in no future invitations being extended to them and their invitations were turned down for our children. It isn't the child's fault but we didn't want our children's behavior influenced by them. Whether these girls poor behavior is played up for the cameras or because of the cameras, it isn't benefiting the children either way. 

Danielle and Adam often use words and phrases incorrectly and the social media posts I see posted here often have errors. For example, Danielle explained the name CADi to Adam and his response was that it's seen as a negative word. I had to think long and hard about what he meant...CATTY. Easy there, 15 Watt.

I've seen mention of the nanny here in passing. Is she new to the scene or has she been with them for some time?

People are saying they have two nannies to help care for the children. I don’t know how true that is now, but they did have nannies when they were very small. Also there are nannies now whenever they take their six girls on vacation.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, sATL said:

another thought - wouldn't some of their school troubles be solved if they sent the girls to a school that had more than one class per grade , Mon - Fri ?

Granted no  place will have 5 classes - but all of the talk about moving this one here, can't move that one, who is joining who, what will the others do if this one is doing that ??

Right now Riley is going to kindergarten where the other 4 quints go, to Pre-K. Blayke goes to third grade at the public school. The Busbys took her to school the first day, but then she takes the 🚌 usually.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Grams said:

I have always found Uncle Dale's connection with Hazel to be at best "weird" and at worst "concerning".  And it has nothing to do with  "favoritism", though that is at the very least  inconsiderate of the other girls.  It's more than just that, however; it's uncomfortable and odd, and sometimes generates an "icky" feeling, if you know what I mean.

Last year Adam posted a video of them shopping for a new van. In the video, they said they were trading in their old van (the van the Church donated to them). I wonder why they didn't give the van back to the Church so that it can go to an family that needs it. Maybe they did give it back 🤷‍♂️. Anyway here is the video. It's cute.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Snow Ann said:

Right now Riley is going to kindergarten where the other 4 quints go, to Pre-K. Blayke goes to third grade at the public school. The Busbys took her to school the first day, but then she takes the 🚌 usually.

are the other quints all in the same class ?

In our school district  - our public school has pre-k (lottery funded - I think more than one physical classroom) and K5 (more than one classroom). That is what I meant about is it possible to send to a school that would accommodate every kiddie.

D&A seem to be perplexed as to whom goes to which class b/c where they go now there is only 1. Even the teacher said when riley moved on, the twins started to show what they know.

D&A are starting to realize though that the "quint pack" is separating on their own. I wonder about the twins - how would they do separate in classes? 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I feel so sorry for Blayke; she looks so sad much of the time.  Having the quints playing with the microphone when she was trying to practice, taking them all to the guitar lesson -- ridiculous.  I realize those things were for TV, but it's still not fair to Blayke.  Everything is about her little sisters.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, camom said:

I feel so sorry for Blayke; she looks so sad much of the time.  Having the quints playing with the microphone when she was trying to practice, taking them all to the guitar lesson -- ridiculous.  I realize those things were for TV, but it's still not fair to Blayke.  Everything is about her little sisters.

I wish Blakye would say that she doesn't want to be filmed anymore. She's been an awfully good sport so far but she's inches away from those tween years...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Snow Ann said:

I'm appalled that skipping kids up a grade level is still done.  Riley is tiny and younger than the other kids, no matter how bright she is.  This is done because schools have no idea what to do with bright kids.  Instead of putting out the effort to challenge the brighter kids, it's easier to just bump them up with older kids.  My sister was skipped two half-grades and paid a price for it.  She was a senior in high school at fifteen and graduated at 16 -- right into 1969.  They wanted to skip me too, but I was small and by then my parents had wised up.  The schools need to find a way to challenge these kids at their age and maturity level.

• Love 9

I can believe Blayke doesn't want to be filmed.   I noticed when Adam did a commercial for some sponsor, that only the quints were filmed, and Blayke was a total after thought.    The quints are the draw for commercials, and not Blayke.  

I remember when they went on the cruise, Blayke didn't want to go on that water slide thing, and her father kept pushing her into it until she went.    That was totally unfair of him. Blayke did say she had fun, but if she hadn't I'm sure that would have been cut out.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, sATL said:

He's someone else I would have to have private conversation with - a grown-up one since he tends to have a "potty mouth" . He's been on my list since that "jerk" calling incident with Riley . During the Easter episode, he came over only to find Hazel at the dentist . He made a comment in front of Adam and all the remaining girls - that he wouldn't have come over if he knew Hazel was not there.  That is downright mean, rude and snobbish.

I would have told him "to take his a*s back home". he really didn't serve a purpose for coming over anyway. Not sure what Adam called him for. Adam was doing just fine pouring a bottle of glue on top of a balloon, and subsequently wrapped string around it to make an Easter basket.

He does play with the other girls, but I l know what you mean. It seem like the twins Ava and Olivia are left out a lot. It seems like the show has Hazel , Parker and Riley on camera all the time. Everyone wants Dale to have his own show. Most of the posters on the FB boards really hope him and Kiki get their own show. I just wonder, if they got their own show, what the heck would it be about?  It couldn’t just focus on Hazel and Uncle Dale, as that would be pretty boring in my opinion. I felt so bad when Kiki put Riley in time out because she only repeated what Uncle Dale said, and Riley said Uncle Dale was a jerk. Dale should have spoke up right away and said he had just said that but he waited and poor Riley didn’t know why she ended up on time out.

Edited by Snow Ann
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can believe Blayke doesn't want to be filmed.   I noticed when Adam did a commercial for some sponsor, that only the quints were filmed, and Blayke was a total after thought.    The quints are the draw for commercials, and not Blayke.  

I remember when they went on the cruise, Blayke didn't want to go on that water slide thing, and her father kept pushing her into it until she went.    That was totally unfair of him. Blayke did say she had fun, but if she hadn't I'm sure that would have been cut out.   

which reminded me of a commercial I saw for this week's show.

I will put it as spoiler since I don't know if we are allowed to "speak" about it until the show airs

Spoiler

Parker appears to not want to ride a horse, and is shown crying and clinging to Adam. I surely hope he does not try to talk her into riding. Not fair to her or the horse.

• Love 4
Spoiler

I was wondering how the poor horses were going to cope with the out of control quints.   I wonder how many of the sponsors of Busby vacations every do it again?    They never seem to go anywhere twice do they?    Fortunately, dude ranch horses are bomb proof, and the quints will be fine.     Plus, a lot of horses realize that the riders are little kids, and take care of them.     My guess is Parker will get tossed on a horse no matter what she says, and will probably add them to the list of things she never wants to do again.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I'm appalled that skipping kids up a grade level is still done.  Riley is tiny and younger than the other kids, no matter how bright she is.  This is done because schools have no idea what to do with bright kids.  Instead of putting out the effort to challenge the brighter kids, it's easier to just bump them up with older kids.  My sister was skipped two half-grades and paid a price for it.  She was a senior in high school at fifteen and graduated at 16 -- right into 1969.  They wanted to skip me too, but I was small and by then my parents had wised up.  The schools need to find a way to challenge these kids at their age and maturity level.

I totally agree with you.  My grandson went from kindergarten right to second grade.  I fought it,  sure enough,  as he got older,  it was more difficult to keep up.  All of his friends are older,  at 14, he thought he should be driving because his classmates were.  He just graduated from high school at 16 and has the maturity level of a 16 year old.  

I do not pay enough attention to this show to know if the girl who was "moved up"  would now continue to be a year ahead of the other girls? 

• Love 3

This is a tough decision with Parker. On the one hand, as parents you want to encourage your kids to face their fears and try new things. This way all the girls can look back someday on shared experiences such as riding a horse. I know I sort of had to be forced to try new things as a child and I'm glad. Of course we know it depends on The child's anxiety level and not having cameras stuck in your face while you try to work through it. I think as the girls get older though, their unique interests will emerge and hopeful there will be less pressure to do these things for the camera. Hope that makes sense?

On the other hand, it is so important to validate a child 's fears and feelings to a point, but also to show them how great it feels to overcome fear and try new things.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2

What I hate is the quints are all doing the same thing, at the same time, and all for the cameras.      I hated when Parker had to go on stage at the video group stage show.     If a kid doesn't want to go perform on stage, then don't force them.    It's not as if the Busbys don't know how Parker will react either.     They tell Parker she doesn't have to do things, but then tell them to do them anyway.   The OT said not to push it, and they do anyway. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I'm not sure I understand the concern about Riley moving up just one grade. She's 4 and in kindergarten and will be 5 when kindergarten "graduation" rolls around in June. If she always stays one grade ahead, she'll be 17 when she graduates high school. Is that really such a big deal? I have a late May birthday, never skipped a grade, and had just barely turned 18 when I graduated high school. Also, I'm 4'11" and was always the shortest kid in the class. I somehow miraculously survived both my late birthday and my diminutive stature to achieve adulthood and a law degree. I'm sure someone as plucky as Riley will succeed, too, despite the formidable obstacles of being young and petite.

• Love 8

I think my biggest concern with moving Riley up is more the social effects as mentioned above. Though I never skipped a grade in school, I did move school systems (turned 5 at end of September right at cut off dates to begin with) and was a whole year younger than my peers by the time I hit middle school. I remember how frustrating it was to have all your peers drive a year before you, have the big milestone birthdays, be allowed to date, etc. Then you factor in the fact all the "missed" milestones for the quints as a whole-graduations, going to college, etc, and how her sisters will interact with her moving forward. There is definitely more to consider than just moving Riley up now, whether they have a repeat K year or not impacts the rest of her educational career until she high graduates high school!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, freebie said:

I'm not sure I understand the concern about Riley moving up just one grade. She's 4 and in kindergarten and will be 5 when kindergarten "graduation" rolls around in June. If she always stays one grade ahead, she'll be 17 when she graduates high school. Is that really such a big deal? I have a late May birthday, never skipped a grade, and had just barely turned 18 when I graduated high school. Also, I'm 4'11" and was always the shortest kid in the class. I somehow miraculously survived both my late birthday and my diminutive stature to achieve adulthood and a law degree. I'm sure someone as plucky as Riley will succeed, too, despite the formidable obstacles of being young and petite.

ITA. Also , I am sure there will be kids somewhere along the line who also are younger than the majority. I know a few parents whose kids birthday was 9/4, 9/25, 10/13 who kept them in private school until public school would let them into the grade by ability.

Also in HS - kids take different classes, so it is very possible you could be in a class with mixed ages/grades - ie not everyone takes health, spanish 1, etc as a freshmen.

I don't think she will be petite for long. Danielle, Mimi and her sisters appear to be avg height or taller. Blayke doesn't seem too petite. The quints height will kick in soon enough.

On the point about driving (since I am a little closer to this milestone) not every teen gets their license the day they turn 16.

• Some families say wait b/c of maturity.
  • Some families wait b/c finances (ie there is no car to drive, ins. etc) doesn't line up at the moment.
  • Also, some kids really just don't show the interest - the bus (school or public transportation) doesn't bother them,  kinda like the parent/sibling/neighbor chauffeur, etc.
  • There are kids in college who don't drive and that is perfectly fine.
Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, sATL said:

ITA. Also , I am sure there will be kids somewhere along the line who also are younger than the majority. I know a few parents whose kids birthday was 9/4, 9/25, 10/13 who kept them in private school until public school would let them into the grade by ability.

Also in HS - kids take different classes, so it is very possible you could be in a class with mixed ages/grades - ie not everyone takes health, spanish 1, etc as a freshmen.

I don't think she will be petite for long. Danielle, Mimi and her sisters appear to be avg height or taller. Blayke doesn't seem too petite. The quints height will kick in soon enough.

On the point about driving (since I am a little closer to this milestone) not every teen gets their license the day they turn 16.

• Some families say wait b/c of maturity.
  • Some families wait b/c finances (ie there is no car to drive, ins. etc) doesn't line up at the moment.
  • Also, some kids really just don't show the interest - the bus (school or public transportation) doesn't bother them,  kinda like the parent/sibling/neighbor chauffeur, etc.
  • There are kids in college who don't drive and that is perfectly fine.

I went to the first half of first grade and the second half of second grade in the same year because I was a "precocious" reader, but eventually, many of the kids my age "caught up" to the same reading level.  While it was a good decision at first, it got harder as time went on.  I did fine, but I was already a kid who put a lot of pressure on myself and it probably would have been better for me emotionally and socially to have stayed in the "right" grade and had academic enrichment.  It may work out fine for Riley, and I sincerely hope it does, but I also have concerns that Danielle and Adam wouldn't hesitate to make decisions for the girls based on what would make good show fodder rather than what's actually best for the girls.  Anyway, those are some reasons I have reservations about moving Riley up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

With the advent of so many kids taking AP/IB/Jr College courses while still in HS, many are now graduating college sooner than the traditional ages 22-23. Some go into the work force or  some go onto masters, law , medical school. 

I think tying an age to a grade is changing from what it used to be. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, sATL said:

With the advent of so many kids taking AP/IB/Jr College courses while still in HS, many are now graduating college sooner than the traditional ages 22-23. Some go into the work force or  some go onto masters, law , medical school. 

I think tying an age to a grade is changing from what it used to be. 

I'd say that makes a good case for not putting kids ahead when they're younger because school gets more flexible to meet their academic needs as they get older, but it's hard to undo the grade-skipping once it's been done at a younger age. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Who keeps telling Riley that she is soooo much smaller than the rest of the class I wonder? This isn't something that most 4 year olds dwell on I don't think? Comparing their height to those around them?

Exactly. In my opinion, her family (mother, father, Mimi, aunts and uncles) probably said Riley you are going to be so much smaller and younger than the other kids in your class are you ready for that? All of your sisters are going to be together and you are going to be by yourself. Are you scared? That teacher did not help by interrupting the class and singling out Riley to ask her how she was doing in the BIG kid class:

• Love 4
17 hours ago, druzy said:

That teacher did not help by interrupting the class and singling out Riley to ask her how she was doing in the BIG kid class:

I'm very unimpressed with how that woman runs her school. She shouldn't be allowing cameras in at all, but during testing really crosses a line. She has got to be in violation of HIPAA laws with that.

(If anyone knows how to delete the video from the response I copied, let me know).

Edited by PrincessPurrsALot
Removed video per poster's request
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

I'm very unimpressed with how that woman runs her school. She shouldn't be allowing cameras in at all, but during testing really crosses a line. She has got to be in violation of HIPAA laws with that.

(If anyone knows how to delete the video from the response I copied, let me know).

To delete the video in your response:

Click edit in the lower left corner of your post (the pencil icon) then click inside the box you quoted and backspace to delete the video.

• Useful 1

I don’t think skipping a grade is a necessarily big deal. Like anything else though, parents need to weigh the pros and cons and decide what is best for their child. I know we, as viewers, only see a small part of Riley’s life, but to me skipping a grade at this point seems a little premature. (FWIW, I was an elementary teacher many, many years ago and, as I posted previously, was also very advanced at Riley’s age as was my oldest child. I’m sure things have changed quite a bit since I was a teacher and even more since I was Riley’s age!)

I wonder if this is just a storyline for the show. Maybe they will skip Riley at the preschool but still put her in kindergarten or first grade with her sisters when she goes to elementary school. Have Adam and Danielle posted anything about Riley going to elementary school a year early? I don’t follow them on social media. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 1

I don't want to judge but sometimes they do things that are so contradicting. They know a couple of the kids are anxious and they do that whole scary easter bunny thing and laugh when they're all freaking out in tears. They are putting them on a constant spotlight not only referring to the show but in general family dynamics it's always about the quints, that has to be a lot of pressure and kids do rebel when they're under too much expectation. 

They clearly did a great job with Blayke, she's very well behaved and thoughtful and they've showed footage of Blayke as a baby being super sweet and all the family always mention how good she was so I'm guessing the fact that it's 5 more is just too much to handle most of the times PLUS anytime there are tons of kids constantly together, they do amp each other up. 

I do notice Danielle's mom Mimi can be very resentful/mean towards her and seems like an emotionally manipulative person so maybe Danielle just wants to do the opposite and be more loving to her own kids. Also, Adam does seem very concerned for the girls well being. They are a sweet bunch but man can they throw tantrums and Parker really seems to have an issue beyond being shy. It's kind of annoying sometimes. 

On the other hand, another famous TLC mom of 8 was overly strict with her kids and now they have all kinds of issues so again, trying not to judge. 

Edited by SilverScreen
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, SilverScreen said:

I don't want to judge but sometimes they do things that are so contradicting. They know a couple of the kids are anxious and they do that whole scary easter bunny thing and laugh when they're all freaking out in tears. They are putting them on a constant spotlight not only referring to the show but in general family dynamics it's always about the quints, that has to be a lot of pressure and kids do rebel when they're under too much expectation. 

They clearly did a great job with Blayke, she's very well behaved and thoughtful and they've showed footage of Blayke as a baby being super sweet and all the family always mention how good she was so I'm guessing the fact that it's 5 more is just too much to handle most of the times PLUS anytime there are tons of kids constantly together, they do amp each other up. 

I do notice Danielle's mom Mimi can be very resentful/mean towards her and seems like an emotionally manipulative person so maybe Danielle just wants to do the opposite and be more loving to her own kids. Also, Adam does seem very concerned for the girls well being. They are a sweet bunch but man can they throw tantrums and Parker really seems to have an issue beyond being shy. It's kind of annoying sometimes. 

On the other hand, another famous TLC mom of 8 was overly strict with her kids and now they have all kinds of issues so again, trying not to judge. 

That's kind of why we're here though...to judge and discuss the show, so don't feel too bad.  Many thing of which you discussed have been mentioned on the past few pages.  You got the right idea.  

• Love 2
On 10/22/2019 at 6:07 PM, druzy said:

Danielle practically shoved the front of that pizza box in front of the camera. 

That part made me cringe. And Riley ran over with the pizza box saying "we have pizza!" which makes me wonder like others if the girls are being told what to say. 

Another problem I have is that Riley had a meltdown and she's just brushed off like the "bad one", Adam acted like he was over her. If it had been Hazel or Parker throwing a fit, he'd be coddling them in seconds. 

• Love 4

My daughter started Kindergarten a year early. Riley reminds me of my daughter so much. My kid was then bored to tears in first grade so a suggestion was made to move her to second.  We kept her in first and told the school to figure it out. Starting in 4th grade, she was in gifted and AP classes. She did fine and even graduated high school a year early. She was in college at 16. We had temper tantrums with mine too but once she was challenged in school, the behaviors went away.  It really depends on the parents and the school putting the needs of the child first. Some kids are ready, some aren’t. 

i agree it’s time for D and A to get the kids out of the spotlight. You’d think they’d have learned by seeing what a shit show the Gosselin family has become. With all the free toys, clothing and vacations they get, they should have been able to put away a nice little nest egg by now. Somehow I doubt they have. 

• Love 5

The poor dude ranch animals probably have ringing ears after the shrieking kids.    And they needed to leave the poor chickens alone.       I hope they stop the 'we have to sell the old house or else' routine.    

Spoiler

So next week are the parenting secrets of D & A?   Solid pass for me.      From other posters, they bought the rental/pool house in February, and the other house isn't on their records now, so they can stop with the story line about the financial risk of not selling the mold house.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
On 8/29/2018 at 2:25 AM, sATL said:

Project Coordinator at AP Networks, 10 yrs.. according to linkedIn  ( link ).

- Manage, organize and coordinate British Petroleum 's (BP) Executive Commercial Leaders and Mid-Level Operation Leaders participation in safety trainings globally focusing on Continuous Improvement, Process Safety and Leadership
- Plan and implement safety training across all BP's segments worldwide for over 1200+ delegates at 45 seminars totaling over 3000 training hours across 6 countries
- Experienced procurement professional skilled in managing inventory, supply orders, contracts and approving project payment
- Responsible for coordinating the activity of training personnel and staff regarding arrangements for training conferences
- Perform on-site logistics, registration and conference support for part of BP's Safety & Operational Risk Capability development offering, which also includes Operations Essentials and the Operations Academy
- Maintain detailed project schedules, meeting notes & minutes, and serve as a supporting liaison to the custome

this experience led to a self employed business selling workout gear.

• LOL 3
On 10/27/2019 at 6:59 PM, brilliantbreakfast said:

As a NY teacher, I'm shocked.  It isn't done here. 

• Love 1

It bugs the heck out of me that they so openly talk about where to place the girls in school in front of them.  Talking about holding Parker back or moving Riley up, including saying what their weaknesses are, is just wrong.  Was it Parker who pushed the camera out of the way in the car?

Why why why isn't there a fence around that pool?!?

Edited by camom
  • Love 13
On 10/30/2019 at 11:59 PM, camom said:

It bugs the heck out of me that they so openly talk about where to place the girls in school in front of them.  Talking about holding Parker back or moving Riley up, including saying what their weaknesses are, is just wrong.  Was it Parker who pushed the camera out of the way in the car?

Why why why isn't there a fence around that pool?!?

I also noticed Parker pushing the camera down.  I wonder if she did that on her own or was told to off camera.

Why are the girls' faces always so red.  Riding in the car I've noticed really red cheeks on some of the girls.  Filming after a temper tantrum?  Too hot in the car?  Skin condition?

5 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Cute, but wonder how many actually wanted to dress like that versus what Danielle wanted because it all went together.  Also wondering if those were freebies because that can get expensive!

Good call on both points @ShaNaeNae. They posted a video on their YouTube channel of them going to the store ( advertising in exchange for free costumes) and choosing (telling the girls which costumes would be cool) the costumes they want.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Parker is smiling in the picture, and looks genuinely happy. God bless her.  Hazel is doing her side-eye thing, due to her eye condition ... I do hope her eyes and her neck (and everything) will be OK. How did they get Adam up that high? I don't see a box or stool, but there must be.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Parker is smiling in the picture, and looks genuinely happy. God bless her.  Hazel is doing her side-eye thing, due to her eye condition ... I do hope her eyes and her neck (and everything) will be OK. How did they get Adam up that high? I don't see a box or stool, but there must be.

There's something weird going on with that photo.  Do you see where Adam's foot is behind Blayke's leg?  He looks like he's hanging there.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, my3sons said:

I also noticed Parker pushing the camera down.  I wonder if she did that on her own or was told to off camera.

Why are the girls' faces always so red.  Riding in the car I've noticed really red cheeks on some of the girls.  Filming after a temper tantrum?  Too hot in the car?  Skin condition?

They are so red because all they do is pitch fits, temper tantrums, fighting, biting, and all kinds of other unacceptable behavior.  Parker despised the camera. It's as obvious as can  be. I cant believe they let a 4 year old run the show when it came to riding that horse. the quints have no say in the matter. If you let them run the show and decide what the family is going to do nothing will get done. You are not endangeraning her life. She needs to try it out and if she doesnt like it then she can move onto something else that she may like. Not participating in the family activity is not an option. There are so many fun activities that we participate in as adults that if we were always too scared to at least check it out as kids what fun would that be..

I know someone said that they will all have a growth spurt since Riley is very small. I hate to say it but there is no growth spurt coming. I dont care how normal or above normal Danielle Adam and Blake are in size. The quints are a totally different situation. 5 girls sharing the space reserved for one and they were all born weiging about the same as a small bird at 2+ lbs. 

I dont think they are going to be super short but if you have a short family or a tall family this will definitely be a short family. Parker will be 5Ft 5inches and Hazel will be 5 ft even. with the twins and Riley in between. There are no tall girl clothes in their futures.

• Love 2