Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Start Spreading The News

• Start Topic

It's an awful aspersion to make, but the poster who suggested Bethenny's use of "partying" when describing Dorinda's summer (as opposed to "drinking") could be onto something. People that party until the sun comes up usually have an additional boost, and I'm not talking about the kind Josh Taekman was hocking.

--

Yea, that was me. And I'm not one to make unfounded accusations. But it did seem like Beth was trying to imply something other than alcohol by the language she was using. I can't recall now, but she used a few words that *I* personally relate more to drugs than drinking.

Oh, you're absolutely right. She said "partying" specifically. Didn't she also say something about not going to bed yet at 7 AM? I'm a chronic night owl, but alcohol by itself usually doesn't make you stay up that late. I used to live with someone whose drug use went from recreational to constant, and maybe I'm a little sensitive about it right now. It'll be interesting to see Vacation Dorinda this season.

• Love 1

I saw a woman with 2 Bichon's in Barney's years ago and I'm very sure they weren't service animals. When you have money, or the appearance of it, you can break rules, like "no pets"

Dogs are allowed in Barney's tho....

and Macy's, and the Apple Store, and Sephora, and Tiffany & Co. and Restoration Hardware.

Speaking from first hand experience and online confirmation.

• Love 4
(edited)

I know. That's wrong.

I've been in stores where dirty diapers were set on counters and shelves too. Or where people scratch their ass or pick their nose then touch merchandise or counters. Or all touch every sample on the tray grab a few then walk off.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

I own a clothing store in a trendy neighborhood in Brooklyn. Every other hipster asshole has a dog that they claim is a service dog. Unless they have the black glasses to match or they are Stevie Wonder I don't let them in. 

They say "Oh don't worry I will hold it." Yeah they hold it in their hand while they touch the dresses and lingerie. Then they switch to the other hand and get dog hair on everything.

The first week I opened someone came in with a dog. It started to piss on my rug. When I went "Hey look at your dog" the hipster snot picked it up while it was still peeing and ran out the door. Never offered to clean up. Never apologized. It is the sense of entitlement that hipster morons like Carole wear like a  bear suit. They think it is ironic when it is just moronic.

Of course I do not discriminate. No service dogs. Also no cats, snakes, alligators, horses, pot bellied bigs or tarantulas. You can't even come in with a goldfish in a water filled plastic bag that you just won in the feast. Sorry. No  pets.

• Love 19

Trooper, I am pretty sure I know your store and I live a neighborhood away and I saw someone with their dog two nights ago in a grocery store.  I have a dog, a dog who does not visit retail businesses with me.  I thought I was straight-up hallucinating seeing a 30-year old blonde with no issues, no service vest (fake or not) or anything carrying a Baby-the-dog sized dog as she looked at the Amy's frozen foods. 

You cannot cure entitlement besides full-throated mockery and fines and stuff but I was super surprised and underequipped.  You guys are right that Carole should've keep her tiny ass outside with her fecal coffee cup and sweetie pie of a dog.

• Love 11
(edited)

Of course I do not discriminate. No service dogs. Also no cats, snakes, alligators, horses, pot bellied bigs or tarantulas. You can't even come in with a goldfish in a water filled plastic bag that you just won in the feast. Sorry. No  pets.

Be careful with that; it's illegal to not let in service dogs.  

http://www.tulsapetsmagazine.com/2011/09/the-laws-we-all-need-to-know-about-service-dogs/

Edited by Teddybear
  • Love 5

Oh I know. But I have investigated it. There are three websites that sell bogus documentation. I demand to see the paperwork. Not just the bullshit vest. If they don't have it I don't have to let them in. Most of them are just walking their dogs. If it is from the bogus websites I don't let them in. Some people threaten me. I do not respond well to threats. Most of them are lying idiots like Carole who have never had anyone stand up to them before. If they persist then I go nuclear.

I sic my wife on them.

I have a couple of customers who bring in their dogs. Of course they are blind and their dogs are well trained and never a problem. These are among my favorite customers because no matter what we put them in they look great!

Of course how would they know?

(just kidding)

• Love 10

Bethenny is a little pot meet kettle calling John out on his dry cleaning schtick.

Not least because she admitted on WWHL to using his services. Apparently she had a moth problem. She did say he was a little shifty though. Nice!

• Love 4

Not least because she admitted on WWHL to using his services. Apparently she had a moth problem. She did say he was a little shifty though. Nice!

You just know she asked for a discount because of the show, I am sure she will have it all done before much more of the season airs and he hears her THs about him and Dorinda. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

I fine it amusing how the ladies think dorinda is too classy for John. Sure he not very refined or attractive but Dorinda is not classy. More noticeable by everyting she drinks, and eats. That woman can't shit her mouth when she eats. I can't stand her. I do miss Heather!

Beth is a smug asshole and she never stfu. She is rude and not funny

I see her as a person that is so very unhappy with herself, so jagged and angry. Julep husband is a better person than me because I would have said with your dark energy I'd peg you as a Darts Vader.

• Love 12
He's already gone. B said on WWHL last night that her well has been dry for quite some time. No boyfriends currently.

During Bethenny's date scene, I actually said aloud, "He is NOT into her." And oh man, her cringe-worthy, manic over-laugh when she and her date were walking down the street? Ugh. I wonder if she gets dumped a lot, or if she does the dumping?

• Love 3
I call bullshit on Bethenny not being able to control her R2D2 comment.

No doubt. And bullshit, too, on her regretting the comment after she said it, since the bitch couldn't stop laughing at her own joke. Beth had already seen/met Jules and her hubby previously at a party, so she came locked and loaded with those insults.

I would have loved for him to have just said to her, "Hey you jealous, bitter, Correctol-addicted cow with 2 failed marriages, why is it so funny that I am short? It's not like I can do something about it, like chiseling off a home-plate shaped jaw off or implanting rock hard mounds into my chest or shaving off an offensive nose that was ruined by doing coke in the '90s. So take your nasty-ass, passive aggressive comments and come back when you find some real happiness in your life which will be never."

LAWD.gif

• Love 12

First of all, Bethany does has an eating disorder. She has said in interviews that she will binge and then not eat for days. That is bulimia (fasting type). There are different ways of purging: vomiting, exercising, laxatives, and fasting. All of those, when following a binge eating episode, qualify as bulimia. Bethany is straight up jealous of Jules. She is pretty, thin, married, a mother, and rich. I'm sure Bethany just can't stand that. 

I haven't watched this episode yet, except for clips on Bravo, but it appears I'm not the only one.

http://radaronline.com/photos/rhony-ratings-season-premiere-lowest-ever/photo/1280650/

• Love 5

Jules is annoying, and seemed to be almost insulted that Bethanny thought she looked Jewish. Everything about that convo, and especially her husband needing to marry someone who looks the opposite of his own ethnicity was annoying. But their little girl is adorable.

B does not like younger thinner women, it's obvious. But I mostly liked her this episode so huge step up from last season!

• Love 2

Jules is annoying, and seemed to be almost insulted that Bethanny thought she looked Jewish. Everything about that convo, and especially her husband needing to marry someone who looks the opposite of his own ethnicity was annoying.

I totally don't want to get into a thing about antisemitism  but I can completely see why Jules would be taken aback  about the comment. I know I was pretty pissed when a total stranger at a party asked me 'are you a Hebe?' I mean--seriously? And just BTW, my looks take after my mother's total WASP side of the family. Racism, ignorance and being obnoxious isn't a good look on anyone. IMO, of course.

Bethenny just goes for the pushed buttons. She could have just as easily have insulted her about her weight, her kids, the fact that shes' a SAHM or that her shoes were flats instead of heels. It doesn't matter, just so long as B gets camera time and can pat herself on the back for being smarter and faster than the others. She's an unhappy, miserable and very unpleasant person.

• Love 4

Locked and loaded is the perfect way to describe Bethenny. She despises anyone that has what she will never have.

Carol is almost pathetic trying to relive her youth through Adam. Yes, she has been through some very tough, trying times, but seeing her riding on the handle of his bicycle just made me roll my eyes.

• Love 9

I totally don't want to get into a thing about antisemitism  but I can completely see why Jules would be taken aback  about the comment. I know I was pretty pissed when a total stranger at a party asked me 'are you a Hebe?' I mean--seriously? And just BTW, my looks take after my mother's total WASP side of the family. Racism, ignorance and being obnoxious isn't a good look on anyone. IMO, of course.

That, to me, is incredibly different from Jules announcing she's Jewish and proclaiming she doesn't look it, and B saying she actually does. The word "Hebe" itself is offensive. I think Jules just likes to think of herself as being an exotic flower, it was clear in the way she described her husband marrying her because she doesn't look Jewish. Anyway that was my take on it.  It's dumb all around because Jews can be any variation of hair/eye/skin color. I think both B and Jules looked bad during that conversation. 

• Love 5

I agree with you Racked. And, again IMO, pigeon-holing someone, Jew, gentile, Muslim, agnostic or whatever based on  looks let alone the idea of the whole  'ying is good and yang is bad' BS is, to quote the Countess, uncool. FWIW, my favorite dumb comment directed at me was, again, a total stranger at a different party--clearly I need to avoid parties, I guess--asked me if I'm a Jew. Why, asks I. Because you're smart. Honest to god. I'm only 1/2 so I guess I'm only a bit smart...

Bethenny spouting her crap or the newbie spouting her own...like they say, you can't fix stupid. Insecure, nervous, social climbing, money hungry and so on, maybe, but dumb is dumb. Of course, B seems to laughing all the way to the bank.

Apologies for edging the thread OT...not intended.

• Love 3

I agree with you Racked. And, again IMO, pigeon-holing someone, Jew, gentile, Muslim, agnostic or whatever based on  looks let alone the idea of the whole  'ying is good and yang is bad' BS is, to quote the Countess, uncool. FWIW, my favorite dumb comment directed at me was, again, a total stranger at a different party--clearly I need to avoid parties, I guess--asked me if I'm a Jew. Why, asks I. Because you're smart. Honest to god. I'm only 1/2 so I guess I'm only a bit smart...

Bethenny spouting her crap or the newbie spouting her own...like they say, you can't fix stupid. Insecure, nervous, social climbing, money hungry and so on, maybe, but dumb is dumb. Of course, B seems to laughing all the way to the bank.

Apologies for edging the thread OT...not intended.

People seem to think if it's a complimentary stereotype it's okay, when it's really just as offensive. 

Of course, B would never think in these terms anyway. She lives to be offensive! Diagnosing Jules with an eating disorder when she's been accused of having one herself, it's not even surprising at this point. 

• Love 1

You could send me a PM.  Life it way too short?

When I get upset about a post I remember what my mom told me.

I just can't remember what that was.

I have a feeling I would be wasting my time.  

Back to the thread topic...I was watching this episode again this weekend and was struck by something.  I noticed it a couple of times last year but thought maybe I was imagining it but saw it again in this episode.  Dorinda always looks disgusted or embarrassed by John.  When they were outside the restaurant for their monthly anniversary dinner and then when they were at dinner inside...she had this look of complete disgust.  Perhaps this is part of what the other ladies are picking up on and why they dislike John?  Did anyone else see this?

• Love 6

I notice that too, slitz. It's kind of a weird disconnect, because when they're out together and he makes his stupid little jokes, she always has this super annoyed look on her face. She's always telling him to "Stop!" doing something. But if anyone else criticizes him, she explodes. Now, I get the whole defensive thing - I can bitch about my sisters, but don't you dare. But several of the ladies have approached her in a more concerned, than critical way, and she still flips out. My takeaway is she must be getting one major thing out of this relationship that makes her okay with putting up with everything else. So it's like she knows what a boar he is, and doesn't want to hear it. 

• Love 4

John, and in a very real way Dorinda also, would fit right in with the Jersey crew. I think Dorinda has no problem with John UNTIL the cameras start rolling and then she literally cringes when he speaks. She absolutely sends mixed messages to the other women regarding John. She claims she adores him when they can clearly see nothing but her distain, annoyance, and embarrassment towards him. I feel sorry for John. He just seems like that guy; a harmless mook.

• Love 11

Locked and loaded is the perfect way to describe Bethenny. She despises anyone that has what she will never have.

Carol is almost pathetic trying to relive her youth through Adam. Yes, she has been through some very tough, trying times, but seeing her riding on the handle of his bicycle just made me roll my eyes.

And as a viewer, unfortunately for me, she rests loosely in the arms of Dick Cheney as we head out a crisp Autumn morn to go hunting.

• Love 3

Carole continues to think VERY highly of herself. I'll be honest, I don't get it. Just don't find her that attractive. I guess she is trying to become the hipster she always wanted to be. We know she wasn't always one. Those pictures of her back in the Carolyn Bessette bestie days show her as looking positively bookish and schoolmarm.

But hey! She snagged the dude TWENTY-TWO years younger (I am all for women dating younger men and having fun. Bring it! But twenty-two years younger?? Wow.) and that cute Aerosmith guy too. Not too shabby. Still don't get it.

Yea, naming the dog "Baby" isn't going to save you if Adam decides he wants a real baby Carole. Hope it works out for you.

• Love 4

I miss Heather. *small voice* Holla... 

*even smaller voice* Hey mama...

I truly didn't think I'd miss her because I wasn't that into Heather. I did think she was a genuinely nice person with good intentions, and when she got snarky it was usually pretty warranted (eg. the F U dinner), but sometimes she just bugged the hell out of me with her "I'm the boss" scthtick and I tended to side with Bethenny last season about how she was just a lot sometimes.

But now I'm liking Bethenny less and less, her one-liners aren't funny any more as much as plain mean, and it seems like the other women are just being lined up for Bethenny to take shots at them. She seems to be a very bitter and hypocritical person at times and I don't like that there's nobody around to truly challenge her anymore. Carole, Dorinda and Ramona seem to be wedged firmly up her ass and even Luann to an extent. Jules is too new to tell but I can't see her holding her own against Bethenny and I'm not sure Sonja even knows what's going on anymore. Heather was never afraid to go up against her, which I miss. The dynamic where everyone unanimously defers to Bethenny is already getting old.

Edited by neatoburrito
  • Love 9

Jules seems very hard edged to me. I would have preferred someone lighter in spirit, like a Kristen. She had a sweet side. I wish she was still on, mainly to see what happened with her douche husband Josh. Please let her have left his ugly and smarmy ass.  

Bethenny is very self-important, much like Carole, just different deliveries. I couldn't believe how much Bethenny's date did indeed resemble Jason Hoppy.

• Love 3

Jules seems very hard edged to me. I would have preferred someone lighter in spirit, like a Kristen. She had a sweet side. I wish she was still on, mainly to see what happened with her douche husband Josh. Please let her have left his ugly and smarmy ass.

For me, Jules seems like she's trying so hard to give off the fun, carefree, downtown vibe (albeit not quite as hard as Carole's trying). But it's just not working for her because she comes across as kind of highly strung, and really defensive at times, like when she started saying she would earn a bigger salary than her husband if being a SAHM was a paid job. If I remember correctly, nobody even challenged her? Maybe they did and it was edited out, but it seemed like she started popping off before the other ladies even commented.

I generally wasn't a fan of Kristen but she had some lighthearted, funny moments that were pretty relatable. I would have been curious to see how Josh and Kristen are after the whole Ashley Madison thing.

Edited by neatoburrito
  • Love 3

*even smaller voice* Hey mama...

I truly didn't think I'd miss her because I wasn't that into Heather. I did think she was a genuinely nice person with good intentions, and when she got snarky it was usually pretty warranted (eg. the F U dinner), but sometimes she just bugged the hell out of me with her "I'm the boss" scthtick and I tended to side with Bethenny last season about how she was just a lot sometimes.

But now I'm liking Bethenny less and less, her one-liners aren't funny any more as much as plain mean, and it seems like the other women are just being lined up for Bethenny to take shots at them. She seems to be a very bitter and hypocritical person at times and I don't like that there's nobody around to truly challenge her anymore. Carole, Dorinda and Ramona seem to be wedged firmly up her ass and even Luann to an extent. Jules is too new to tell but I can't see her holding her own against Bethenny and I'm not sure Sonja even knows what's going on anymore. Heather was never afraid to go up against her, which I miss. The dynamic where everyone unanimously defers to Bethenny is already getting old.

Agree.  Bethany has become very, very one note. One knows exactly how she will react and what she will say from week to week. She has become like that obnoxious child you may notice but you give no attention to and wish they would go away or that you have to spend as little time in their presence as possible.

She is constantly massaging Andy's prostrate so as long as he is in afterglow we will be subjected to her tiresome quips.

• Love 9

Be careful with that; it's illegal to not let in service dogs.  

http://www.tulsapetsmagazine.com/2011/09/the-laws-we-all-need-to-know-about-service-dogs/

Is Carol's dog a service animal? I'm asking because I don't recall her saying so, and am not saying that it isn't.

I love, love animals (except small dogs, save a min-doxie) and as a customer, if it is a service animal I wanna see proof, a pet vest that says service animal, a visible  id hanging from the person at eye level. It wouldn't bother me to be asked to show id if I required a service animal.  I'm tired of all these purse dogs and sometimes non purse dogs being in places where they should not be.

No id, so sorry but please leave, we would be happy to serve you when proper id is shown. Thank you, please come again.

And don't give me the rant that I am singling disabled people out by requesting required id. Most true service animals already wear some form of identifying vest or harness. I won't buy it.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

I haven't watched this show in ages and ages. I do not know most of these HW's (I only recall Ramona, Bethenny, and Luann). I stopped watching because of Ramona and Bethenny.

OMG, Sonja said so much racist and offensive stuff. I can't even deal with it.

Carole: carrying your dog's poop in a coffee cup and bringing into a camera store? So gross.

The jury's still out on the other HW's.

I don't know if I can watch this. Sonja is so off-putting and Bethenny is acutely self-aware that I don't think a single thing about her is genuine. It's not entertainment.

Edited to say: I meant to say that Bethenny is so "self-promoting", not "self-aware". She is also incredibly obvious and as subtle as a sledgehammer, and she gives off such a mean girl vibe. I really dislike Bethenny.

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 2

Man, I really missed Heather. I waited nearly a week to watch this episode, where last season I tuned in on premier night. Really not crazy about any of these girls now. I guess Carole is the most likeable by default, but she's not that entertaining. However, I may warm to her if she doesn't end up sucking up to B as much as had been expected. Ramona's wackiness makes for good reality TV, so I guess I'm staying on the train to see what she, Lu and Sonja get up to. Beth is obnoxious and has completely taken over this show, but I actually find Dorinda to be the most awful. Jules made no impression on me whatsoever.

• Love 1
Is Carol's dog a service animal? I'm asking because I don't recall her saying so, and am not saying that it isn't.

She said it was, but I think most people took it as a joke. Adam made a comment about her bringing Baby into the camera store, and that's when she quipped that he/she was a service dog. 

• Love 2

She said it was, but I think most people took it as a joke. Adam made a comment about her bringing Baby into the camera store, and that's when she quipped that he/she was a service dog. 

Yeah right, and for $50 bucks a doctor advertising in the back of a free weekly rag can say you have a medical condition and give you a prescription for pot.

Service dog my ass.

• Love 2

Yeah right, and for $50 bucks a doctor advertising in the back of a free weekly rag can say you have a medical condition and give you a prescription for pot.

Carole's probably got that, too. ;)

• Love 1

In a different world, if ever offered the opportunity, I for one would never visit. I hate the smell of that stuff. Can't stand it.

Edited by Giselle

In a different world, if ever offered the opportunity, I for one would never visit. I hate the smell of that stuff. Can't stand it.

That's why edibles exist.

• Love 3

That's why edibles exist.

Won't touch that either unless I truly medically need it and it is a last resort.

I voted for the medical marijuana laws that passed specifically because I saw how it helped my dad's boss cope with what became terminal cancer.

My drugs of choice are sugar,carbs, red wine, Irish whiskey and Guinness Draft in moderation.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1

I love marijuana. I love the smell, the taste and the effect. I do not love edibles. I come from a family of potheads. No drinkers, except for my mother and she's pretty much quit. Yeah!!!! I think alcohol is so much worse than weed.

• Love 5