Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

This whole thing is so strange.  I don't believe that CYA late-in-the-game press release at all.  He realized he hurt his chances of getting another job.  To me it's also glaringly obvious that none of the younger actors said a word on his Instagram posts.  Two of those are his major screen partners, Esme and Spencer.  Again, I would rather they taped the BTS stuff and aired it.  I have a feeling it would be riveting and juicy. 

• Like 8
36 minutes ago, CeChase said:

This whole thing is so strange.  I don't believe that CYA late-in-the-game press release at all.  He realized he hurt his chances of getting another job.  To me it's also glaringly obvious that none of the younger actors said a word on his Instagram posts.  Two of those are his major screen partners, Esme and Spencer.  Again, I would rather they taped the BTS stuff and aired it.  I have a feeling it would be riveting and juicy. 

It’s especially strange because he and NAC seemed very close, especially on social media. Ah well, soap actors have such juicy scandalous lives but then just ignore the scandal? Steve Burton is over on Days, and his wife having a late in life baby with another man is just ignored. Hell even Melissa Reeves went back to Days eventually. What I would really like to know is if Nikolas is going to disappear for six months while this story plays out without him or what. 

• Like 3

I thought Marcus looked unwell in many scenes I saw him in recently. My guesses (I know nothing) would be repeated Covid infections and refusal to take precautions around others on set or substance abuse.

Both would explain his repeated absences over the past months and result in a firing.

• Useful 7

Presumably Coloma had to get vaxxed despite his objections this time last year. I assume he could not have lied about that, but the fact that his exit seems once again linked to COVID is strange.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

Presumably Coloma had to get vaxxed despite his objections this time last year. I assume he could not have lied about that, but the fact that his exit seems once again linked to COVID is strange.

Maybe they aren't as vigilant at making sure people get their boosters which would mean Coloma would be more vulnerable to it again especially the newer variants.  I only watch GH every so often because I usually get sick of so much Sonny, Carly and their scene chewing ability. Especially when they have Sonny "defending his territories" like he was doing just recently which makes me roll my eyes so hard I'm surprised they don't get stuck.  I have been tuning in a bit more because of what's been going on with Britt because I really like the character.

I agree with you @Desperado when you mention Coloma not looking so well. I peeped at his IG not long ago and he didn't look well in his recent posts over there either. If you compare him now to when he started his GH run three years ago it's easier to tell the difference. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, jsbt said:

I mean, it never even crossed my mind anyone on any tv show would dare to fake their vax card.  And yet...I know people not on tv who definitely did it.  And I know for a fact they did it.  I'd need to see evidence before I believed anyone would be stupid enough to try and pull this with Disney.  Because that's who you're dealing with here, when push comes to shove.  So, no opinion since we don't know, it's just a rumor, and who knows who started it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

A comment from Parry Shen (Brad) on a social media account of his re: a potential on air tribute to Sonya Eddy. 

Sonya passed in mid-Dec, and then we went on a 2 week hiatus for the holidays (in fact, we're still not back!), and we film a month or so in advance - so we've actually got about 2 months of material already in progress. I don't think anyone wants to see something hastily shoe-horned, so all I can say is give it time for them to figure it out in the existing logistics. She meant a lot to everyone but even the earliest something can get on air will be in 3-4 weeks (the stuff we will be filming starting this week).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

A comment from Parry Shen (Brad) on a social media account of his re: a potential on air tribute to Sonya Eddy. 

Sonya passed in mid-Dec, and then we went on a 2 week hiatus for the holidays (in fact, we're still not back!), and we film a month or so in advance - so we've actually got about 2 months of material already in progress. I don't think anyone wants to see something hastily shoe-horned, so all I can say is give it time for them to figure it out in the existing logistics. She meant a lot to everyone but even the earliest something can get on air will be in 3-4 weeks (the stuff we will be filming starting this week).

That obviously makes a lot of sense. They can probably do an on screen In Remembrance blurb before that but it will take time for the show to address it in the storylines

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, justduckey said:

Just curious how GH has all the story for Joss but not Cam assuming they’re both still attending college.

Because the actor playing Cam, is on recurring status, while Eden is on contract.

But, as @jsbt stated up thread, the writers, if they were interested, could make it work and make his limited screen time more substantive. But clearly, they don't give a shit.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because the actor playing Cam, is on recurring status, while Eden is on contract.

But, as @jsbt stated up thread, the writers, if they were interested, could make it work and make his limited screen time more substantive. But clearly, they don't give a shit.

In this case, I do think his availability is extremely limited. He said originally that he planned to leave altogether but changed his mind at the last minute and asked to stay on recurring. Cam going to Stanford was originally supposed to be his exit SL.

SM asked to switch to recurring at the same time as him but said it was too much for her after 1 semester and left the show. I suspect it was because Trina had a SL and they needed her for more time than WL. Even with the reduced screen time and times the character clearly should have been on but wasn’t, it was too much time for her so she bounced. Now if the show was more invested in Cam, they would just recast but I honestly think they were mostly interested in him because of Franco. He stopped getting material once Franco’s death stuff wrapped up.  

• Useful 5

I think that's a convenient reality which, while possibly true for Lipton (or not), also suits GH's priorities and interest. When Frank wants to feature an actor who is on recurring (Valentin, half the cast), he makes the time and allows the expenditure.

Nor do I think Sydney Mikayla was a huge priority for Frank either. I knew she would leave no matter what they claimed. The fandom surrounding Spencer and Trina is organic with both actors and popular among fans, but the show is clearly terrified to allow them to be intimate and has drawn the story out well beyond the normal Agnes Nixon "make 'em wait" soap timespan. Frank's priority, from what I can tell, remains white or white-passing performers of his choice, like Eden McCoy, etc. If a Black performer who happens to be popular wants to go on recurring that suits GH's interest, because they are not invested in characters of color having A-story. And when they are forced to be, like with Tabyana Ali and the Trina recast retaining popularity, you see the result: A lot of dragged-out story and a betting pool if, two years in, they will allow her to kiss Spencer.

Edited by jsbt
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Valentine is recurring??

By the actor’s choice. JPS doesn’t want to sign a contract because he works on other projects and I guess doesn’t want to potentially have to turn work down because of his GH contract . The main reason Vanna are on like once every 2 weeks right now is he’s taping his other show. This will probably continue for a few months judging by how they used him last year when they taped the first season. 

• Useful 4

They always find more time for Valentin to play piano and cry, though!

I know people loved Will Cortlandt on AMC 30 years ago but Valentin brings nothing to the canvas for me. It's one of the weirdest and most convoluted and bipolar characters I've ever encountered outside of a Dena Higley soap.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
10 hours ago, jsbt said:

Valentin brings nothing to the canvas for me. It's one of the weirdest and most convoluted and bipolar characters I've ever encountered outside of a Dena Higley soap.

They have no idea what to do with him, which is also the case of 95 percent of the characters on this fakakta show.

• Like 7

There was a TCA event going by Twitter and Frank and a bunch of the cast were on the panel. I’m sure there’s articles floating around about what was said in more detail but main points are that they are doing a tribute for Sonya Eddy at the end of March and Nurses Ball for the 60th anniversary of the show starting 4/3. A bunch of former cast including Jane Elliot is expected to return 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Today's episode had a nice tribute to Eddy at the end of the show. I'm not sure I need to see more, tbh.

I felt mean saying it but I feel the same way. I don’t know if she was ever an integral enough character to warrant one and it just makes the bigger characters who were ignored all the more glaring. The only character Pip was close to that wasn’t a dayplayer is Liz and she doesn’t have any family in town. I’m sure the tribute will be a whole episode of Sonny and Carly wailing about their good friend Epiphany. 

It’s reminds me of how they gave KT this giant send off. It’s more for the actress and those who love her bts than the audience so I don’t know how interesting it’ll be

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

I don't need a whole episode of tribute to Eddy (I didn't even like the character, too judgey, too much mob apologist) but she was a part of the show for years, including the Night Shift series.

But givein what the character Britt got, I think that Eddy should have more than the clips on today's show. Unlike Stuart Damon, whose segment was way, way too short, she was an active cast member at the time of her death.

• Like 8

Allegedly Jane's return is 'long-term.'

I don't need an entire episode devoted to Epiphany, but a decent onscreen tribute is warranted. Certainly more than the Kelly Thiebaud's Childhood Powerpoint Experience for Britt. I do think with both the anniversary and Nurses Ball coming up, you cannot fail to honor head nurse Epiphany, who often was featured heavily in it, during the Ball in a real way. Not dissimilar to the wonderful thing they did in its first year back in 2013, when Lucy made a point to show gigantic pictures of the late Emily McLaughlin and Shell Kepler (Nurses Jessie Brewer and Amy Vining, who had been on the show close to thirty years each) and honor both them and their characters. I never forgot that.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
8 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I do think with both the anniversary and Nurses Ball coming up, you cannot fail to honor head nurse Epiphany, who often was featured heavily in it, during the Ball in a real way.

I'm okay with that as an in-show tribute, as long as things don't get excessive. Britt/KT's Childhood Powerpoint Experience (hee) was a bit much, especially as it was continually banged into us that Britt had a terrible childhood. But whatever.

• Like 5

This is aimed at the lazy writers, not at the actress, but GH has inadvertently created a paradox for itself. They can't have a traditional Port Charles funeral for Epiphany, because they've become so dependent on Epiphany singing at funerals.

But something related to the Nurse's Ball sounds just right. (I hope Lucy Coe is back by then.)

55 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

There was a TCA event going by Twitter and Frank and a bunch of the cast were on the panel. I’m sure there’s articles floating around about what was said in more detail but main points are that they are doing a tribute for Sonya Eddy at the end of March and Nurses Ball for the 60th anniversary of the show starting 4/3. A bunch of former cast including Jane Elliot is expected to return 

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/01/11/general-hospital-celebrates-historic-60th-anniversary-on-april-1-2023-361210/20230111abc08/

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't need a whole episode of tribute to Eddy (I didn't even like the character, too judgey, too much mob apologist) but she was a part of the show for years, including the Night Shift series.

If they're going to kill the character off--which I'm assuming they are--it will need to be addressed, but agreed that it doesn't need an entire episode.

And, ITA about Epiphany.  

• Like 5

From KT's interview: 

My return to the show [in 2020] was only supposed to be temporary and to be quite frank, it was only because of my relationship with Steve [Burton, ex-Jason] and our characters falling in love with each other and having something really magical happen between us that made me want to stay, so I agreed to stay longer. I was very clear with the writers and Frank [Valentini, executive producer] about that. We were all really excited to go on this journey, and then the whole bomb dropped [with Burton departing the show in 2021] and I was really disappointed about that. It was like, “What just happened? I stayed on the show for this storyline!” But it was always going to be a temporary thing for me because I really want to do films and theater and all sorts of other things. It was always something that I knew would happen, I just didn’t know quite how it would happen until this beautiful soul came into my life and it kind of made the decision for me, in a way.

Later she talks about the character's other relationships, and the ones she names are Obrecht, Maxie, Brad, and Austin. I think we can assume she was not a fan of the Cody character or the relationship. 

It reminds me of when Maria Bello asked out of ER after a single season. She said in an interview that there wasn't much for her character to do on the show, and she mentioned that they had initially teased something between her and George Clooney before reuniting him with Juliana Margulies. Nothing about her own love interest, Noah Wyle (who has since admitted he was a jerk to newer cast members in those days). 

• Useful 3

I never saw anything that special between Britt and Jason to think that was something worth staying on the show over. Guess it was because he was one of the leads because the dude is a robot and lacks charisma. Their romance was a ONS that didn’t have a ton of build up. I know they had fans because people have always hyped up Jason centric pairings and I’ve long thought why? 

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I never saw anything that special between Britt and Jason to think that was something worth staying on the show over. Guess it was because he was one of the leads because the dude is a robot and lacks charisma. Their romance was a ONS that didn’t have a ton of build up. I know they had fans because people have always hyped up Jason centric pairings and I’ve long thought why? 

Not to mention, it seemed like the show zagged and was going to go with Carly/Jason and that only got derailed by him leaving.  IDK that Jason/Britt was ever going to materialize again, so maybe KT should blame the writers and not SBu leaving for that.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

This is the second time I’ve seen KT refer to what might have been with RH/Austin. If the writers had ever pulled their heads out of their asses and scripted what everyone else but them could see, maybe she’d have wanted to stay and play it out. She did it for Jason.

Ah well. She clearly left on excellent terms, so it won’t surprise me if she comes back at some point, even for a short stint. Let’s just hope it’s not to help usher in Jason’s inevitable return.

• Like 8