Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, deirdra said:

I thought Nikki Newman (Y&R) was the longest-running serial killer on soaps. She's been killing people since she was 5.

Whoa! Y&R has a Bad Seed thing going? Am I watching the wrong soap? 😂 

6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Whoa! Y&R has a Bad Seed thing going? Am I watching the wrong soap? 😂 

Someone else will remember the circumstances better, but if I'm not mistaken whatever the SL was, they actually used old film from when MTS was a child actor in gothic-type movies.

20 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Someone else will remember the circumstances better, but if I'm not mistaken whatever the SL was, they actually used old film from when MTS was a child actor in gothic-type movies.

It’s Alfred Hitchcock’s Marnie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/19/2022 at 1:41 PM, mariah23 said:

It’s Alfred Hitchcock’s Marnie.

I thought so! But when I saw child actor Melanie Griffith was listed and MTS wasn't (for main cast) I thought it must be another movie so I didn't mention it. Thanks!

On 6/21/2022 at 10:18 PM, Grinaldi said:

I didn't realize the TWoP forums were available like that. Off to spend the next several days trying to find the scathing dialogues I used to write between JFP and McTavish when they were running this show. (It's faint praise, but the show is better now than those days. Oof.)

Oh my god, the gossip HoYay! speculation about Jacob Young and Colton Scott when they were Lucky and Nikolas, geez. I hope it was true. Something fun needed to come out of that generally awful time in GH history.

Faint praise, but the show was at a nadir- Laura being written out in her cuckoo for cocoa puffs storyline, Faith walking around in lingerie with this show under the impression that they could attract straight guys, the phasing out of Stefan Cassadine, trying to justify Lucas being attracted to his cousins, the rise of She Who Shall Not Be Named, the beginning of the deification of Carly/Sonny as the show desperately wanted to be the Sopranos (still does to some extent), and the Wonderful World of the Scorpios being kinda dry because Anna was still on All My Children.

The show, in my opinion, was saved by the Robin/Patrick storyline, and generally when  the show added in their Grey's Anatomy wannabee stuff to (somewhat) balance out the Sopranos stuff.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

Hey, do we know Kin Shriner's last day on air? 

I love Scotty Baldwin. I loved hos Lee and Gail both always seemed so exasperated by his behavior. Going to miss him. Legend character.

Just now, seasons said:

Hey, do we know Kin Shriner's last day on air? 

I love Scotty Baldwin. I loved how Lee and Gail both always seemed so exasperated by his behavior. Going to miss him. Legend character.

Edited by seasons
Crap. Hate virtual keyboards.
  • Love 1

I will forever be BITTER!BITTER!BITTER! That Frank's ass couldn't fork up the money to try and get Jonathan to make an appearance to celebrate Becky's anniversary.

He's apparently got the moolah, to bring on all these other people.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

https://www.vulture.com/2022/08/nbc-days-of-our-lives-moving-to-peacock.html

I don't know what it means for GH and the CBS soaps, but Days of Our Lives is moving to Peacock. 

Shocked but it also seemed inevitable at some point. Given its poorer ratings, I guess this is an attempt to try something short of cancelation. I’ll bet the other networks will watch to see how it goes. The years ago attempt to stream the short revived All My Children and One Life to Live on Hulu was a little too soon, but might have worked if it were done now given the greater acceptance of streamers (and assuming the given production company was competent)

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I will forever be BITTER!BITTER!BITTER! That Frank's ass couldn't fork up the money to try and get Jonathan to make an appearance to celebrate Becky's anniversary.

He's apparently got the moolah, to bring on all these other people.

FV didn’t even try to bring him back for Luke’s funeral. He has endless money to add 350 other random actors though. 

The Peacock thing doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. The line btwn streaming apps and traditional tv stations is pretty much gone. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, racked said:

The Peacock thing doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. The line btwn streaming apps and traditional tv stations is pretty much gone. 

But you have to pay for it right?  I would be pissed off if I had to pay a monthly subscription to watch a show I’ve been watching for free for 30+ years.

• Love 6

Peacock is $5 a month which is very reasonable compared to the other streaming services. The issue NBC has with launching Peacock is that it doesn't have that intellectual property with the devoted fanbase to lure subscribers. Disney+ has Marvel and Star Wars and their back catalog. HBO Max has Friends and Harry Potter. Paramount+ has Star Trek.  What does Peacock have?  What NBC should have done during the Olympics was to offer one or two months free so people would sign up and once they saw what else was on Peacock they might decide it was worth the $5 and keep subscribing.

I literally subscribed to Paramount+ when they started streaming Picard. I was fine watching Discovery via DVD from my library but Picard was enough to get to me subscribe and now that I've seen what other stuff is on Paramount, I'm willing to keep subscribing. Even if I'm not watching it every day, my nephews enjoy their children's content so I feel I'm getting my money's worth.

• Love 2

Does ABC have a streaming platform?  I’d be extremely upset if this happened to GH. The only saving grace was that I read the entire back catalog of DAYS episodes are on Peacock as well.  That would be fun to have all the episodes of GH in one place.  I might be more interested in paying to see those than current content actually.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, mostlylurking said:

Does ABC have a streaming platform?  I’d be extremely upset if this happened to GH. The only saving grace was that I read the entire back catalog of DAYS episodes are on Peacock as well.  That would be fun to have all the episodes of GH in one place.  I might be more interested in paying to see those than current content actually.

GH gets streamed on Hulu

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, DanaK said:

GH gets streamed on Hulu

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You can also get it on the ABC app, but there are time locks and such.

But you can also just watch on ABC with regular cable right?  I have Hulu.  I’d love if they added in all the old episodes.

I get so fucking confused with all these new services.  Gosh.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

But you can also just watch on ABC with regular cable right?  I have Hulu.  I’d love if they added in all the old episodes.

I get so fucking confused with all these new services.  Gosh.

Yes.

I do have the feeling though that GH (and probably the 2 CBS soaps) will go streaming only in the next few years if Days does well enough and possibly do their storylines in spurts several episodes several times a year instead of daily all year round

• Mind Blown 1
55 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I don't think the entire catalog is, or at least I haven't seen it. They do have the last 2 years-ish. 211 eps of S57 and 35 of S56. 

CBS Paramount+ has the last year of both B&B and Y&R.

I would subscribe to any service that would put up the old soaps. I'm not even picky which ones, though OLTL could get top dollar from me.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

I don't think the entire catalog is, or at least I haven't seen it. They do have the last 2 years-ish. 211 eps of S57 and 35 of S56. 

CBS Paramount+ has the last year of both B&B and Y&R.

I would subscribe to any service that would put up the old soaps. I'm not even picky which ones, though OLTL could get top dollar from me.

Oh yes. As great as it is to find complications on YouTube I would pay quite a bit to watch the catalog of Santa Barbara and Guiding Light. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

such fond memories of SoapNet!  I loved watching Another World from the 80s and Ryan's Hope on there.  Some of these old episodes of soaps are definitely out there and could definitely be put up for us to watch.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, tessaray said:

Yes that would be awesome. I would pay for that. AMC, OLTL, and GH for me.  I’d even like to revisit Port Charles.  And how cool would it be to chat about all of it with this amazing group!?

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I don't think they have the older eps of GH on Hulu anymore. I certainly can't find them. I tried to get a friend to start watching but she wanted to go back a bit, and yeah. I didn't realize that Peacock had older Days eps, I'm excited about that. I refuse to watch current Days -- they burned me back, but I will happily watch older stuff. I have Peacock.

If they decide to add Santa Barbara, and other former NBC properties I would be over the moon! (I too miss Soapnet.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, driver18 said:

I don't think they have the older eps of GH on Hulu anymore. I certainly can't find them. I tried to get a friend to start watching but she wanted to go back a bit, and yeah. I didn't realize that Peacock had older Days eps, I'm excited about that. I refuse to watch current Days -- they burned me back, but I will happily watch older stuff. I have Peacock.

If they decide to add Santa Barbara, and other former NBC properties I would be over the moon! (I too miss Soapnet.)

The older episodes only go back to April 2021, so...a lie in the write up. Maybe Peacock WILL add from 1965 on...but right now? No dice.

10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The older episodes only go back to April 2021, so...a lie in the write up. Maybe Peacock WILL add from 1965 on...but right now? No dice.

Meh. Lame. I stopped watching waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before them. I want to watch Jack/Jennifer heyday stuff, prime Ejami, early Hope and Bo, Patch and Kayla (I never saw the beginning of the latter two), just bits and pieces.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Kelly Thiebaud leaving GH

November exit, going back to Station 19. They're both ABC shows, but they're not saying if she'll be allowed to do both.

With the article saying she’s concluding her run in November and that the character appears on Station 11 on 10/6, sounds like she’s exiting to me rather than doing both. Either way, good for her. I like snarky Britt but lately all she’s been doing is crying about Jason, the great love of her life, and starting up a terrible romance with Cody the bum. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

I’m sad because I like Britt but yeah, I can see why Kelly would want to leave.  Some actors want more than just a paycheck.  She could have a great storyline with all her family connections on the show and having a terrible disease to deal with.  But they’ve wasted her in favor of building up a completely new character who is thoroughly unlikeable.  Wasted opportunity.  Reminds me of when Shawn left, he had potential and the actor was good but they did nothing with him.

• Like 1
  • Love 8