Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Hater said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MauriceBenard/status/1087082979707572224

Everything wrong with the show and it's never changing until it goes off air.

Agreed. And why is Mo kissing FV's a$$?  I thought they hated each other due to that period of time when FV tried to replace Mo/SB as the leads with his OLTL pets RoHo & Me?

do any of these actors actually think they are getting Emmy noms with the horrid writing?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, makelemons said:

Agreed. And why is Mo kissing FV's a$$?  I thought they hated each other due to that period of time when FV tried to replace Mo/SB as the leads with his OLTL pets RoHo & Me?

do any of these actors actually think they are getting Emmy noms with the horrid writing?

I think Maurice hated Ron not Frank.

26 minutes ago, UYI said:

"Hello, welcome to Walmart."--What BA's blue blazer is saying to me.

Also: Yes, plenty. 

What an awful photo.

Why not just put Jason as the one for this week?  I am sure he took an individual shot.  No we need to include the grown ass dweeb who actually lives up Burton's ass in real life.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, UYI said:

"Hello, welcome to Walmart."--What BA's blue blazer is saying to me.

Also: Yes, plenty. 

Well, let's see. Just speaking of GH, "dynamic duos" I'd rather see: Mac and Felicia, Mac and Robert, Robert and Anna, Luke and Laura, Dante and Nathan, Dante and Lucky, Lucky and Nik, Lucky and Luke, and even Sonny and Jason. Not that I like those last two but they do annoy me slightly less than Jason and Spinelli.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hater said:

No we need to include the grown ass dweeb who actually lives up Burton's ass in real life.

Are you confusing BA with Spin? Why call him a dweeb? Did he do something to you personally? And it's called being friends. BA and SBu are good friends. It's not about "living up his ass." And, why not post a pic of them together? You may not like him - or a lot of people here - but plenty of people did/do like Spinelli.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Are you confusing BA with Spin? Why call him a dweeb? Did he do something to you personally? And it's called being friends. BA and SBu are good friends. It's not about "living up his ass." And, why not post a pic of them together? You may not like him - or a lot of people here - but plenty of people did/do like Spinelli.

I've said this before about actors but last time I checked I don't need to know someone personally to find their behavior offline to be either obnoxious or a dweeb.  I think BA and Burton are both dweebs because they act like 12 year olds on their lame ass podcast and pimp out a shitty cover band.  That's dweebish to me.  

And your bold is precisely whats wrong with this show, them being good friends has zero to do with on screen GH and the show promoting it.  Spinelli and his three visits a year....yet he gets his own personal picture?  That's why this show continues to suck because it caters to a select few and the others get garbage.  Tell me when Liz and her three sons got a photo maybe then I'll take this crap serious.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Just speaking of GH, "dynamic duos" I'd rather see: Mac and Felicia, Mac and Robert, Robert and Anna, Luke and Laura, Dante and Nathan, Dante and Lucky, Lucky and Nik, Lucky and Luke, and even Sonny and Jason.

Nathan has never been dynamic in his life. But yes to all the rest of them - except Sonny/Jason.  Or maybe 90s Sonny/Jason? I haven't found them watchable in several decades

• Love 1

Unfortunately they got another one out with SBu & his bootlicker while Tragically teasing some shit which seems to probably be BA return. 

Jesus take the wheel if he is returning full-time. Isn't PLP/WR bad enough? How many cowardly punk ass asexual manchild's does GH need? I can count on 3 fingers or less how many likeable decent men GH has & 2 of them barely get airtime

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Nique said:

Unfortunately they got another one out with SBu & his bootlicker while Tragically teasing some shit which seems to probably be BA return. 

Jesus take the wheel if he is returning full-time. Isn't PLP/WR bad enough? How many cowardly punk ass asexual manchild's does GH need? I can count on 3 fingers or less how many likeable decent men GH has & 2 of them barely get airtime

Well his best friend has been fighting for him get a contract on the show.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Hater said:

Well his best friend has been fighting for him get a contract on the show.

I wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm not. FV Once again letting the insane asylum run the show

Edited by Nique
Add Quote
  • Love 2

I doubt he'll get one, because who else could he be paired with besides Maxie, and Maxie is paired with Peter right now. I don't dislike BA/Spin but that's probably precisely because he's not on contract. And there's no reason for him to be on full time.

• Love 2

I only find Spin annoying now because the ridiculous plot point of him living in Portland when he just flashes over to PC any old time is stupid.  Let him live in PC and just... not be around.  It works for Brad and Lucas most of the time.  It bugs.

• Love 1
On 1/21/2019 at 10:40 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

Oh, yeah! Something to look forward to...... He also just tweeted that he's about to be a grandfather, so congrats to TR!

Screenshot 2019-01-21 at 10.38.52 PM.png

Yowza! Finally something to look forward to :)

• Love 2

As if I needed any more reasons to dislike MB

General Hospital's Steve Burton reveals that had it not been for Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos), he might never had gone on to play Jason Morgan after playing Jason Quartermaine.

Burton, also known as The Young and the Restless' Dylan McAvoy, reveals that shortly before Jason Quartermaine got into the car accident that affected his memory, he had planned on walking away from GH. But then, "Maurice Benard really took me under his wing," he tells Soaps In Depth, adding that the subsequent conversations the pair had led him to stay with the show and continue on in the character of Jason Morgan.

"Maurice and I didn't really talk that much at first, but we saw each other around, and one day, we started talking," Burton recalls. "I was actually about to leave the show, and he said, 'I've seen some of your work. You're really good. Do you have a technique?' I said, "I have no idea, man.' And he said, 'Man, I'd love to help you!' I was like, 'Awesome! Let's do it!'... So I'd go to his house, and we'd rehearse and rehearse, and he'd teach me. I spent a lot of time with him and his family. I didn't really have a teacher before, and it was like I was in acting class all the time."

Burton isn't 100% sure whether or not the real-life bond between himself and Benard inspired the writers to rework the character of Jason and turn him into Sonny's protégé, but he has a feeling it was part of the decision.

Edited by statsgirl
appeared twice
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

As if I needed any more reasons to dislike MB

I'm always torn on stuff like this.  On the one hand, MB IRL seems a very decent fellow, and I will always admire him for his openness about his struggles with being bipolar.  Anything that helps to reduce the stigma of mental illness is a good thing.  On the other hand, the character that MB plays is a loathsome POS that has been dragging GH down for decades now and should have been killed off years ago.  It's a bit of a conundrum.

• Love 11

I guess I can credit MB with once having been a generous and helpful actor and member of the GH cast. He apparently understands, or at least understood, the craft. But I think he's become so comfortable in his role that he's forgotten the "work" part of being an actor and is now relying on a few stock expressions, gestures, and tics instead of trying to stretch himself and/or the character. 

• Love 8

"Maurice Benard really took me under his wing,"

Great strategy by MB.   What better way for the thug to get staying power by nabbing a Quartermaine?  Worked out well for both of those characters.  Horrible result for those of us that do not want to tune in to watch the daily 'struggles' of vile thugs - and their enablers - who threaten, extort, beat, destroy, maim, and kill for a chosen profession. 

• Love 7

I think where the characters of Sonny and Jason went wrong is just the longevity factor. I don’t think what occurred in the ‘90s was bad, I liked it and it’s still one of my favorite time periods of GH, but when the writers then allowed these actors and characters to continue their control throughout the 2000s and refused to use their pens creatively to move on to something different? That’s what sucks. I say this all the time but the fact that Jason is still wearing literally the same outfit that he did in 2000 is a complete disgrace. 

• Love 15

Ratings....

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2019/01/ratings-report-for-the-week-of-january-14-18-2019

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,236,000 (+45,000/-606,000)
2. B&B 3,423,000 (-20,000/-515,000)
3. GH 2,343,000 (-85,000/-391,000)
4. DAYS 2,292,000 (-39,000/-243,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.05/11 (-.01/-.38)
2. B&B 2.47/9 (-.05/-.37)
3. GH 1.72/6 (-.07/-.24)
4. DAYS 1.69/6 (-.02/-.12)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 461,000 (+19,000/-55,000)
2. B&B 395,000 (+27,000/-30,000)
3. GH 368,000 (-10,000/-44,000)
4. DAYS 339,000 (-31,000/-35,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 0.71/7 (+.03/-.09)
2. B&B 0.61/6 (+.04/-.04)
3. GH 0.57/5 (-.01/-.07)
4. DAYS 0.52/5 (-.05/-.06)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. B&B 111,000 (same/same)
2. Y&R 111,000 (-9,000/-32,000)
3. GH 83,000 (+10,000/-24,000)
4. DAYS 73,000 (+4,000/-2,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.32 (-.03/-.09) <—— ties low *
1. B&B 0.32 (same/same)
3. GH 0.24 (+.03/-.07) <——— ties low (2nd straight week) **
4. DAYS 0.21 (+.01/-.01)

* Rounded to 0.1
** Rounded to 0.2

Women 25-54 Viewers
1. Y&R 672,000 (+29,000/-139,000)
2. B&B 557,000 (+22,000/-119,000)
3. GH 502,000 (-20,000/-108,000)
4. DAYS 469,000 (-14,000/-58,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
1. Y&R 1.1 (+.05/-.22)
2. B&B 0.91 (+.04/-.19)
3. GH 0.82 (-.03/-.18)
4. DAYS 0.77 (-.02/-.09)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

GH
Monday: 1.74/2,389,000
Tuesday: 1.69/2,302,000
Wednesday: 1.75/2,373,000
Thursday: 1.68/2,280,000
Friday: 1.72/2,370,000

There are also tributes from Wally Kurth and Jon Lindstrom within this piece.  

https://deadline.com/2019/02/kristoff-st-john-hollywood-reactions-yvette-nicole-brown-alice-hunter-young-restless-1202549067/

It is just heartbreaking. I used to watch Kristoff St. John and Anthony Addabbo as Adam and Jason, respectively, on Generations. They were two of the young male leads on that bravely diverse, ahead-of-its-time soap. Now they're both gone, only in their fifties.

Generations.jpg

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This chick ain’t ever leaving. 

In all seriousness, I bet that is why Laura was hired as Carly and Emme was hired as Lulu, regardless of if they fit the roles: Because then TIIC would not have to recast ever again.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

In all seriousness, I bet that is why Laura was hired as Carly and Emme was hired as Lulu, regardless of if they fit the roles: Because then TIIC would not have to recast ever again.

Maybe for LW. I think FV just wanted ER because it was kind of a "get" and she could do soap pacing. I doubt they would give a shit if she left. I don't think they would have recast. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe for LW. I think FV just wanted ER because it was kind of a "get" and she could do soap pacing. I doubt they would give a shit if she left. I don't think they would have recast. 

If that were the case, though, why even negotiate this contract, you know?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

That's what I'm wondering lol. Although I doubt there was any negotiating, just take it or leave it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

In one of the interviews after ER was hired, Frank came out and said it was because she had soap experience, and they needed someone who could jump in with both feet.

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Although I doubt there was any negotiating, just take it or leave it.

Yeah, I'm not sure anyone really negotiates anymore. Maybe for a different start/end time? ER has small kids. Certainly not for more money.

33 minutes ago, Hater said:

Nope...just like Kelly, Becky, etc won't ever leave either.

I think BH may leave if they lowball her again. It sounded like she was close to walking last time. 

KeMo won't leave cause her time to do it was after her DWTS stuff and she choked on the high, other soaps and Hallmark know she can't act so. No dice. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, makelemons said:

I think BH may leave if they lowball her again. It sounded like she was close to walking last time. 

KeMo won't leave cause her time to do it was after her DWTS stuff and she choked on the high, other soaps and Hallmark know she can't act so. No dice. 

My thing with KM is and I could be wrong and probably am but she looks incredibly unhappy and needs a break. Sam NEEDS a break.  The character is lifeless and has a stupid storyline about being a con from 2 decades ago.  Whether she's fine or not, she's been on this show consecutively for years and years.  Even Maurice took a break once upon a time.  Ugh. At least LW acts even though I cannot stand Carly. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8