Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Hater said:

Roger and Becky are doing a facebook live on Thursday at 1:30 pm eastern.

Will BH be allowed to answer any questions, or is she just there to wring her hands while RoHo chews scenery?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Hater said:

Wow I watched some of that Becky/Roho live chat.  Becky looked...idk if the word is uncomfortable but there was lots of odd pauses.  Just weird.

They seemed fine, imo. Unfortunately for me, alas. I think it's just neither of them is the best public speaker and same with the interviewer.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They seemed fine, imo. Unfortunately for me, alas. I think it's just neither of them is the best public speaker and same with the interviewer.

I agree it's probably because neither do much of this public stuff but it just had some moments where it was just awkward.  Very little energy.  The only FB where it seemed like the actors were enjoying themselves was Billy/Kelly and maybe Stafford/JPS.

I found it interesting how they said they basically rehearse everything and nothing is really ad libbed between them. I would have thought differently after working years together.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Hater said:

I agree it's probably because neither do much of this public stuff but it just had some moments where it was just awkward.  Very little energy.  The only FB where it seemed like the actors were enjoying themselves was Billy/Kelly and maybe Stafford/JPS.

I found it interesting how they said they basically rehearse everything and nothing is really ad libbed between them. I would have thought differently after working years together.

The weird part was Roger implying Frank woulda had him benched for 4 months if he didn't feed Becky the orange. 

18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The weird part was Roger implying Frank woulda had him benched for 4 months if he didn't feed Becky the orange. 

I mean....FV did not give Roho a contract for 4 months whatever it was...so I mean on one hand FV kisses Franco's ass on screen.

Everything was odd...these FB things are awful. Especially with a host. That's not the point of a facebook live.  It's suppose to be a live chat not someone moderating everything.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Wait, his last air date is tomorrow?  Have they been building up to an exit at all?

It's weird to me how much the article focused on Griffin being Duke's son and mentioned zero of his other stories.  Also annoying was the picture of Griffin and Lucas given that was how Griffin was brought into the show and next to nothing was done with their friendship.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, his last air date is tomorrow?  Have they been building up to an exit at all?

Yes and no. He's been out of the Friday credits for weeks now though, hilariously. 

He shoulda been canned as soon as they knew they weren't going to do some Maxie/Griffin/Nathan triangle.

• Love 1

RoHo and FV are both garbage for planning to do that to Becky.  I can't decide if I'm shocked that she actually brought it up or that it wasn't cut from the chat, because it shows that FV and RoHo are complete trash, but i guess they just don't care

• Love 3
11 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

That’s the big bad orange scene? I thought maybe he shoved the whole thing into her face the way they were acting 

For me, the point is RHo didn't bother to tell BH he was going to do it.  Is he such a fraidy cat of FV that he couldn't at least give his co-star a heads up?  Didn't she deserve the respect of being told about it even if it flies in the face of FV apparently telling RHo not to?  That scene aired more than a year ago.  There was no reason to bring it up by BH if it was no big deal, imo.  It seemed to bug her, imo, the same way the JY sticking his tongue in her mouth bugged her years ago.  

That's my take.  YMMV.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

For me, the point is RHo didn't bother to tell BH he was going to do it.  Is he such a fraidy cat of FV that he couldn't at least give his co-star a heads up?  Didn't she deserve the respect of being told about it even if it flies in the face of FV apparently telling RHo not to?  That scene aired more than a year ago.  There was no reason to bring it up by BH if it was no big deal, imo.  It seemed to bug her, imo, the same way the JY sticking his tongue in her mouth bugged her years ago.  

That's my take.  YMMV.

I don' think she meant it maliciously.  She clearly reads social media because Roger had brought this up months prior and this was directly in response to the "we rehearse everything" quote from Roho.  

I'm not sticking up for Roho, but from what I understand FV pretty much acts like a tyrant on set so I can see Roger not saying anything.  FV is more of the issue here. Not letting his actress know and all.

Frank probably wanted it to be off the cuff.  It's clear to me Becky is not a big fan of ad libbing.  She is incredibly rehearsed, so this stuff doesn't fly with her.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Hater said:

I don' think she meant it maliciously.  She clearly reads social media because Roger had brought this up months prior and this was directly in response to the "we rehearse everything" quote from Roho.  

I'm not sticking up for Roho, but from what I understand FV pretty much acts like a tyrant on set so I can see Roger not saying anything.  FV is more of the issue here. Not letting his actress know and all.

Frank probably wanted it to be off the cuff.  It's clear to me Becky is not a big fan of ad libbing.  She is incredibly rehearsed, so this stuff doesn't fly with her.

RHo has zero reason to fear FV.  FV has catered to his work schedule so that the "actor" can commute from NYC.  Many complained SBu didn't get the same consideration from FV in 2012.  I cannot stand SBu, but the double standard afforded RHo reeks.  FV and RHo are equally to blame, imo.  

I do think she did it with some intent to remind him that his "stunt" (who cares if FV told him to do it) went over like a lead balloon with her.  BH and RHo have been working together for a few years now, so if he wants claim "my boss made me do it" then she should wonder if he really has her back on anything.  She's been burned before by this sort behaviour with SBu.  Favored pet of an EP.  

Don't misunderstand, I know FV has no use for BH, but him using RHo to do "something off the cuff" at her expense and RHo not giving her a heads up?  She can hold him accountable too.  Equal share of blame, imo.  

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

RHo has zero reason to fear FV.  FV has catered to his work schedule so that the "actor" can commute from NYC.  Many complained SBu didn't get the same consideration from FV in 2012.  I cannot stand SBu, but the double standard afforded RHo reeks.  FV and RHo are equally to blame, imo.  

I do think she did it with some intent to remind him that his "stunt" (who cares if FV told him to do it) went over like a lead balloon with her.  BH and RHo have been working together for a few years now, so if he wants claim "my boss made me do it" then she should wonder if he really has her back on anything.  She's been burned before by this sort behaviour with SBu.  Favored pet of an EP.  

Don't misunderstand, I know FV has no use for BH, but him using RHo to do "something off the cuff" at her expense and RHo not giving her a heads up?  She can hold him accountable too.  Equal share of blame, imo.  

I don't necessarily agree about Roho/FV.  Sure he has catered to him with his schedule but Burton wanted to stay on the show with the same high ass minimums and also get a cushy schedule to fly from Tennessee to California.  That isn't possible.  Roho has much lower episode counts than Burton.  So yes it is easier to give Roger a schedule like that when he isn't on the show 141 times a year. What Scammer Steve wanted was the same adulation as Jason Morgan but with his preferred schedule.  Burton and his flop return have shown that he wasn't really needed on this show, so I don't think FV was wrong in letting him walk in the first place.   

I think Frank likes Roger but likes the character of Franco more.    He let Roger go four months without a contract.  If he liked Roger so much a contract would have been done immediately. It wasn't.  Franco was off the show for months.

Edit: I could be wrong but I get the sense Becky much prefers working with Roger these days than wanting anything to do with Steve Burton and his bullshit scamming techniques getting his fanbases to buy his awful products.  That's what Burton does.  He uses his female co stars to sell his garbage.  But at the end of the day it's about having a job for her.  I think she kind of implied that in this interview where she said something about how she understands her fans not liking the relationship or Liz being supporting and she said "I don't mind it" aka I need a job.  

At least she's honest in that regard and is not telling her fans bullshit like some other actors on this show.  She's going to play what's on the script even if some don't like it.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 9

it’s a role that Genie Francis is so darn good at, this character that is the matriarch of the show. That’s what she is.

IF ONLY.

Digest: I wonder if this ordeal will shift how people in Port Charles view Ava, if they might have a bit more compassion for her.

West: I wouldn’t bet on that. Come on, now! Every town needs a whipping girl.

I'm kind of surprised MW is okay with Ava being the town whipping girl, but maybe she gets enough juicy stuff to counteract it. Frank seems to like her enough personally that maybe Ava will never turn into AJ.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed her comment about genie being the matriarch of the show. I just wonder what LW thought of it...

Probably doesn't mind it, since being a matriarch isn't young and sexay like reading Rand by candlelight. Now, if MW had called GF the female lead? I think she'd mind that

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed her comment about genie being the matriarch of the show. I just wonder what LW thought of it...

I saw this posted a long time ago (on TWOP probably, to be honest), but someone once said that while LW may very well be threatened by women in her own age range who might challenge her place as the supposed female "star" of the show, she is perfectly fine to defer to Genie overall, probably because she grew up watching all of the ABC soaps and knows what she (Genie) means to the show.

I can buy that, actually. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4

LW might secretly be bitching but in public will say "RAH RAH GENIE IS GEEH." 

Then tweet some garbage about her and Maurice #bestteamintown #themaster

Then follow it up with a tweet about Burton #bestieback #realjason #myjason

And of course end with #wesramsey #thisisus

But in all seriousness maybe I am giving LW the benefit of the doubt but I idk if she would complain so much.  

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I went in the other direction and wondered what Leslie Charleston thought about it! Although in terms of actual seniority, she and Genie arrived the same year.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I went in the other direction and wondered what Leslie Charleston thought about it! Although in terms of actual seniority, she and Genie arrived the same year.

Actually, Genie arrived in 1976, a year before Leslie. She was 14 at the time, granted, but still. 

• Love 1
Just now, Auntie Velvet said:

Shows what I get for trusting Wikipedia.

Hmm, I just went to her page there and that's definitely what it says! Maybe she went on contract in 1977 but recurring the year before? I don't know. 

Didn’t actually mean to cry like they were sending Dante to the abattoir.. but it could be our last scene together.. who knows..? #GH

LOL. Olivia often gets on my nerves, but I love how self-aware LiLoC is about her.

And Billy Warlock looks about 12 in that photo with Kin, who doesn't look more than 21, ha!

• Love 4
On 3/25/2019 at 10:11 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

Shows what I get for trusting Wikipedia.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:12 PM, UYI said:

Hmm, I just went to her page there and that's definitely what it says! Maybe she went on contract in 1977 but recurring the year before? I don't know. 

Okay, here we go, courtesy of the GH Wiki page:

https://general-hospital.fandom.com/wiki/Laura_Collins_(Genie_Francis)

Genie Francis filmed her first scenes on December 28, 1976 and made her onscreen debut on February 8, 1977.

Sometimes, even my excellent memory/gift for remembering dates has its holes. -_-

OTOH, I guess we could both be right, as she taped her first scenes in 1976 but they aired for the first time in 1977. 🙂 

• Love 1
Just now, makelemons said:

Shocked the Killys didn't just go ahead and tag the big Mouse.   Yeeesh. 

They weren't even the first ones to catch onto the comment...it was WUBS.

But not shocked on who said it...

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

They weren't even the first ones to catch onto the comment...it was WUBS.

But not shocked on who said it...

Yep. I saw a vague WUBS twitter thread and went digging. 

Not shocking at all. Well kinda shocking a little it made it to air..... since apparently Brad was aware enough to try and cover.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, makelemons said:

Yep. I saw a vague WUBS twitter thread and went digging. 

Not shocking at all. Well kinda shocking a little it made it to air..... since apparently Brad was aware enough to try and cover.

I mean this is not the first time Burton has said something stupid...but this takes the cake.  Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, how tone deaf do you need to be to say something like that given the current climate of the country?  Like WTF?

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, Hater said:

I mean this is not the first time Burton has said something stupid...but this takes the cake.  Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, how tone deaf do you need to be to say something like that given the current climate of the country?  Like WTF?

I'm shocked not one of those attendees leaked it. Like even if you're oblivious enough to not pick up on the racial insensitivity .... wouldn't you at least be offended that you dropped all that cash on that event and your host thinks the venue and food is not 5star? Im offended for them that they dropped all that money and didn't get a plated dinner!

• Love 1

I am shocked.  I can't stand Burton, but I would not have thought he was quite that stupid.   He should absolutely be fired for those racist comments, and they are racist af, but I feel like nobody even watches GH anymore so it won't make that big of a splash. 

I mean, chicken and watermelon?  Seriously????

• Love 2

Others at the Mouse House have been fired for their comments, if they keep him around, legally, wouldn't they be setting themselves up for a lawsuit by others who were fired? And they knew it was wrong because Bradford went back and edited it out. 

He should've just sat there and ate his food....

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Others at the Mouse House have been fired for their comments, if they keep him around, legally, wouldn't they be setting themselves up for a lawsuit by others who were fired? And they knew it was wrong because Bradford went back and edited it out. 

He should've just sat there and ate his food....

This man will never get punished. I believe NLG said some tasteless comments awhile back and went to diversity training on her own (FV didn't step in there either)  However, Burton can seemingly get away with making dumb comments on a consistent basis as well as giving away spoilers on his podcast and at events.  Yet nothing ever happens.  He gets more airtime.  Meanwhile other actors are 'scared' of Frank.  Becky and Roho were scared to give away spoilers....Burton does it all the DAMN TIME!

I'm waiting for this man to admit his comments were stupid....instead Bradford is out there defending him.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

Is SBu fucking kidding me rn!? There’s no benefit of the doubt in this case. This is completely inappropriate and he absolutely needs to answer for this. This is not OK in any sense of the word.

• Love 13