Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Lante fans getting these BTS pics a certain fanbase wishes they could have (posted on instagram where it counts, ya'll).  I laugh.

Anyways, I guess this narcissist wasn't getting enough attention lately....

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

Why has Dom looked so sad in the couple of photos we’ve seen in the past few days? Is it because he’s only going to be on GH for a few episodes? I always liked his character and his acting so I wish he’d come back for good.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Why has Dom looked so sad in the couple of photos we’ve seen in the past few days? Is it because he’s only going to be on GH for a few episodes? I always liked his character and his acting so I wish he’d come back for good.

He looks tired to me not sad.  He probably had 200 pages of dialogue to memorize.

4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Maybe he'd vowed to himself when he left that he'd never return, so he's rueful that he's had to eat his words?

• Love 5

Jaime Ray Newman just won an Oscar for Best Live Action Short Film. She's certainly come a long way from Kristina 1.0, hasn't she? 

Just now, ouinason said:

And... Big Kristina Cassidine just won an Oscar.

Jinx! 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ouinason said:

And... Big Kristina Cassidine just won an Oscar.

Good for her!  I'm always happy to see her when she pops up.  She was a great femme fatale on "Veronica Mars" in season three and she's recently been on "The Punisher" and "Midnight, Texas".

• Love 1

I didn't like her much as Kristina, but her work after GH has been pretty good. Her excitement at the Oscars was really fun, though I thought the person filming the whole thing with his phone was kind of obnoxious. I get it—it's a huge moment—but it seemed disruptive to me.

• Love 2
(edited)

Last year, “General Hospital,” for example, told tales of gender identity, cults, #MeToo and Alzheimer’s.

“The stories arise from the characters who are primed to be involved in very contemporary conflicts,” says “General Hospital” head writer Shelly Altman.

Adds Altman, "We write them as shallowly as possible so we don't have to do any extensive research, and we center them around our main character, Sonny Corinthos, so the attention stays where it should."

Edited by dubbel zout
why won't this format properly?!?!?!?!?!
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Yeah, funny how there's no mention of that very "contemporary, relatable" beat in the Alzheimer story where Mike faked that he was having an episode to get out of a mob-related crime. 

Ugh, Shelly Altman really thinks her show's writing is sooo groundbreaking and progressive, she is really fooling herself.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

There shouldn't be apostrophes in there, right? LOL.

There should not be apostrophes in there, no. 

Also, for a show that regularly calls women bitches/sluts/whores (though that has been toned down, admittedly) and regularly writes them as weak and unable to think for themselves, I find this tweet very smug. You have a ways to go, GH, before you can celebrate women. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, for a show that regularly calls women bitches/sluts/whores (though that has been toned down, admittedly) and regularly writes them as weak and unable to think for themselves, I find this tweet very smug. You have a ways to go, GH, before you can celebrate women. 

They had like a 10 seconds spot yesterday during the commercials with LW, Carly Corinthos, and a happy international women's day written below. 

It was anger inducing for me. Carly sucks a donkey's ass as a character and even more as a female character. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It was anger inducing for me. Carly sucks a donkey's ass as a character and even more as a female character. 

What do you mean, Carly's all about empowering other women, look at all the positive female relationships she has! #eyeroll

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Very sad.

(I never warmed to his Edward.)

But he was one hell of a definitive C.C. Capwell (the 4th and last actor in the role, but the one that made the character pop!) on SB. I know A Martinez and Nancy Lee Grahn both had nice things to say, as did Michele Val Jean, who was a writer on SB before GH.

• Love 4

None of this matters but the tanking ratings:

GH
Monday: 1.54/2,039,000
Tuesday: 1.73/2,297,000
Wednesday:
Thursday: 1.67/2,271,000
Friday: 1.72/2,342,000

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,346,000 (-191,000/+150,000)
2. B&B 3,309,000 (-312,000/-150,000)
3. GH 2,237,000 (-194,000/-269,000)
4. DAYS 2,171,000 (-119,000/-72,000)

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2019/03/ratings-report-for-the-week-of-february-25-march-1-2019

• LOL 1

Bringing it back to Jed Allen, I had 100% forgotten that he was on "Port Charles" as well!  He was the head angel that sent to Rafe to town, and then he was a big part of the "Secrets" book with Casey/Amy/Paige!

• Love 1

“I shared the news with [Executive Producer] Frank Valentini, but what was funny, he knew before I knew,” she chuckles. “In fact, it actually came out a little more prematurely than we hoped.”

LMAOOO. Frank is always a step ahead, isn’t he? 

• Love 1

I wonder if he told her he had all sorts of plans for Valerie, the way he does for every actor who leaves. "If you'd just stick around a bit longer, we'll have a really great story for you."

Valerie was yet another wasted opportunity.

• Love 5

The character of Valerie was screwed from the get-go the second she appeared on-screen and her main purpose was to come between a major pairing. Then on top of that, had Valerie attack Lulu even after the cheating was exposed. No character on paper can recover from that unless the actor is already respected by the audience and gives some type of special performance that out shines the main actors.

• Love 2

I think they still could've redeemed her if they'd gone in the obvious soap direction of having her fall for Dillon while they were scheming together. They had more chem together anyway - and it might've kept FV/RC from dropping Valerie and Dante into the black hole they disappeared into when the affair tanked

Valerie/Kristina were also viable. FV just wasn't interested.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think they still could've redeemed her if they'd gone in the obvious soap direction of having her fall for Dillon while they were scheming together. They had more chem together anyway - and it might've kept FV/RC from dropping Valerie and Dante into the black hole they disappeared into when the affair tanked

Valerie/Kristina were also viable. FV just wasn't interested.

They would have had to attempted Val and Dillion after the first time. They also made the mistake of having Dante cheat more than once. They reaaaaallly tried to trash Lante and if JMB would have still been in the role, Dante never would have recovered in MY eyes. 

• Love 2
On 3/11/2019 at 2:07 AM, WendyCR72 said:
On 3/10/2019 at 6:06 PM, dubbel zout said:

Very sad.

(I never warmed to his Edward.)

But he was one hell of a definitive C.C. Capwell (the 4th and last actor in the role, but the one that made the character pop!) on SB. I know A Martinez and Nancy Lee Grahn both had nice things to say, as did Michele Val Jean, who was a writer on SB before GH.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:37 AM, dubbel zout said:

I thought he was miscast as Edward Quartermaine. It's no reflection on his abilities.

Jed Allen was a great actor.  I remember him on Days of Our Lives when he played Don Craig.  He was brilliant as CC Capwell.  His stint on GH was horrible but it was not his fault.  Jed Allen was only 2 years older than Stuart Damon, who played his on screen son, Alan Quartermaine.  There was no way it was going to work.  Jed should have been cast as a Quartermain cousin.  

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

They reaaaaallly tried to trash Lante and if JMB would have still been in the role, Dante never would have recovered in MY eyes. 

Totally agree. I actually think that's one of the reasons Valerie could've recovered. Also:

- NuLu/Dante didn't have the history or the chemistry of Lulu/Dante

- RC/FV were obviously trying to match up NuLu with someone else - first Cheetwood Jr, then NuDillon

- it was all so wildly, stupidly ridiculously OOC for Dante that it was hard to take it seriously.

• Love 3