Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Well KM wasn't the only one throwing shade....before she deleted, Ryan Carnes commented:

DsjS0o0UUAAmMa4.jpg:largeA

I also don't think Kelly actually wants to go to this thing but BTS is a mess imo.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
On 11/21/2018 at 10:46 PM, Hater said:

Well KM wasn't the only one throwing shade....before she deleted, Ryan Carnes commented:

DsjS0o0UUAAmMa4.jpg:largeA

I also don't think Kelly actually wants to go to this thing but BTS is a mess imo.

It’s funny but I thought the Disney thing was something the cast did on their own. I didn’t know it was an invite by the TPTB. I could understand the Memphis thing though. How was nuJordan invited and not KM? Even, her on screen sisters made the cut. KM has a broader fan base with the DWTS stint then the others that were invited. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I could understand the Memphis thing though. How was nuJordan invited and not KM? Even, her on screen sisters made the cut. KM has a broader fan base with the DWTS stint then the others that were invited. 

Maybe KeMo's appearance fee is too high? The actors don't do these things for free.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Neptune said:

gh-edward-aj-alan-monica.jpg?auto=compre

Leslie Charleson Reveals Why She Stayed at GENERAL HOSPITAL (EXCLUSIVE)

https://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/general-hospital-leslie-charleson-never-left-168585

"I liked the character, and the storylines were really good. And then it was about the people I was working with, including Stuart Damon (Alan), Peter Hansen (Lee), and Susan Brown (Gail). It got to be a really good cast… why would you leave?”

This is not the first time there's been kind of a conspicuous lack of a Chris Robinson mention. Anyone else get the feeling he was kind of a dick? 

snort:

(From SB/BA podcast, with Port Chuck lol):

Scott Reeves: I'm regressing [in maturity]. I run around naked in the house now.

Bradford: Is that because you're doing you're still doing your spray tan at home? When you're doing your spray tan at home you gotta run around.

Brandon: That's how he dries off.

• Love 3

Figure out how to bring them together? That's easy. She's an obstetrician. If the show goes on for five more years and she sticks around, she should be seeing him at prenatal visits and deliveries with at least two different women he claims to hate.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

The amount of tone-deaf ignorance in this tweet is so sad, considering Felicia isn't even in this story anymore and was replaced almost instantly by Ava.

They really need to bring Felicia into this story at least somewhat.  I don't remember Ryan's M.O., but is he following that with Kiki?  Will something trigger a memory for Felicia?  These are things that only she can play out.  You can't plop Ava or Carly into this spot and have it have any sort of oomph.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They really need to bring Felicia into this story at least somewhat.

You've obviously missed the extensive, 15-second bits Felicia has had every one or three months.

They're keeping Felicia (and Lucy, for that matter) out of it because those two would—or should—figure out quickly that "Kevin" isn't really Kevin. But that would mean Carly couldn't solve the mystery, and we can never have that.

• Love 3

I mean, I have a fondness for Felicia, but let's be real...KW is a very limited actress. I'm very happy we have her to pop her head in with Mac, but I don't need her in front-burner storylines.  Maura West is killing it. 

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

I mean, I have a fondness for Felicia, but let's be real...KW is a very limited actress. I'm very happy we have her to pop her head in with Mac, but I don't need her in front-burner storylines.  Maura West is killing it. 

She'll always have this to point to as her best acting moment, though:

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

That's besides the point, though.  Ava has zero historical reference in regard to Ryan, so of course she can't see that "Kevin" is acting strange.  Same goes for Carly (I'd even argue same applies to Laura).  Felicia and Lucy should be the ones seeing that, but god forbid one of FV's pets isn't wedged into stories willy-nilly.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That's besides the point, though.  Ava has zero historical reference in regard to Ryan, so of course she can't see that "Kevin" is acting strange.  Same goes for Carly (I'd even argue same applies to Laura).  Felicia and Lucy should be the ones seeing that, but god forbid one of FV's pets isn't wedged into stories willy-nilly.

Isn't that all the more reason to keep them away from the story then, if they're going to solve it that quickly? Maybe they will bring them in once they want to wrap it up. I do think Lucy should be more involved though, since Lynn Herring is great (despite my feelings for Lucy). And Laura/GF of course. But anytime KW has more than 5 lines of dialogue I start to feel pained.

Not that I think that means necessarily that MW should be featured. I just don't think KW should be carrying anything.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Isn't that all the more reason to keep them away from the story then, if they're going to solve it that quickly? Maybe they will bring them in once they want to wrap it up. I do think Lucy should be more involved though, since Lynn Herring is great (despite my feelings for Lucy). And Laura/GF of course.But anytime KW has more than 5 lines of dialogue I start to feel pained.

Not that I think that means necessarily that MW should be featured. I just don't think KW should be carrying anything.

I didn't say, nor do I think, KW should be carrying the storyline, but she's essentially had a cameo in it.  I understand the whole "don't solve it that quickly" angle, but for her (and Mac and Lucy) to be almost 100% absent seems dumb, too.  Then, again, GH doesn't do balance, so...

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I didn't say, nor do I think, KW should be carrying the storyline, but she's essentially had a cameo in it.  I understand the whole "don't solve it that quickly" angle, but for her (and Mac and Lucy) to be almost 100% absent seems dumb, too.  Then, again, GH doesn't do balance, so...

And, also, if we’re only granting storylines and screen time to those with “talent,” um....I’m not sure if that is a model that can work on General Hospital considering the lack of skills of 95% of the cast.

Also, Ava is played out and has been for years.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And, also, if we’re only granting storylines and screen time to those with “talent,” um....I’m not sure if that is a model that can work on General Hospital considering the lack of skills of 95% of the cast.

Hey, you know I think 75% of this cast should be outta here. :p

• Love 2

That account he is responding to has posted many false spoilers but also posts BTS "gossip."  Varni's name is tossed around a lot on that twitter feed, so is he implicating himself?  "Please, don't leak stuff."  Boy oh boy.

That man is a moron.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

I don't think Kristina is that bad, lol. I think she should be involved but then I ain't really watching so idk. Leaving Lucy, Felicia and Kevin's kids out is all very stupid.

Have they explained a) how Ryan survived, b) how long Kevin's had him, and c) how he's either dropped Felicia or fixated on Ava? I saw the bit with Ava finding out about Kiki and Dr. Must Be Fired didn't seem remotely surprised to find married man "Kevin" in Ava's apartment.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I don't think Kristina is that bad, lol. I think she should be involved but then I ain't really watching so idk. Leaving Lucy, Felicia and Kevin's kids out is all very stupid.

Have they explained a) how Ryan survived, b) how long Kevin's had him, and c) how he's either dropped Felicia or fixated on Ava? I saw the bit with Ava finding out about Kiki and Dr. Must Be Fired didn't seem remotely surprised to find married man "Kevin" in Ava's apartment.

I was more surprised that Scott didn't say anything when he found Kevin at Ava's.

Like @Cheyenne and @dubbel zouthave said upthread it stinks and smacks of favoritism that all the characters with decades-long relationships with Kevin AND knowledge of Ryan have been unceremoniously dropped from this story for two women that would never have any clue when or why "Kevin" was acting strange. Even Kevin's current wife isn't a key player in this story. 

If they had to get Ryan away from the Felicia obsession he should have transferred his obsession to Maxie. But that wouldn't work either because there would be even less of a reason for Ava and Carly to be around.

29 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

If they had to get Ryan away from the Felicia obsession he should have transferred his obsession to Maxie.

Oh God. No. Gross.

I think Ava works with Ryan - they're both great villains, but I'm tired of the show wanting it both ways with Ava. I just want to know what happened to his prior obsessions.

And I'll say this for him: If Ron Carlivati was still around he'd probably try to get KM to pull double duty as Livvie Locke from PC for this. She knows about Kevin's past too. I was not some big Livvie fan by any stretch of the imagination but she is Kevin's daughter from his very dark first marriage and knows his family demons intimately, just as Lucy does. I still believe the character exists, weird PC retcon magic ring and all.

I still don't like the Laura/Kevin marriage but if nothing else this should be plum material for GF. Laura has mental illness from her own past, and now knows Luke allegedly had his bullshit Fluke DID throughout a long period of their life together which would explain some of his bad behavior. This should also be the story to fracture that marriage and reunite Kevin and Lucy, but the younger characters that should be attached to these vets (Maxie, Lulu) are too busy shoring up the likes of Nina, Chase (I don't care!) and Valentin.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

Well at first Ryan kept trying to meet with his good friend Felicia and help her deal with the anniversary of Ryan terror on Port Charles. She kept talking about grandbabbies that he got sidetracked by Ava who went to see Kevin about her need to get revenge and destroy Kiki and Griffin's lives. Ryan was amused and started to see Ava as a kindred spirit.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Well at first Ryan kept trying to meet with his good friend Felicia and help her deal with the anniversary of Ryan terror on Port Charles. She kept talking about grandbabbies that he got sidetracked by Ava who went to see Kevin about her need to get revenge and destroy Kiki and Griffin's lives. Ryan was amused and started to see Ava as a kindred spirit.

There was also that scene early on where he saw Ava from behind at the floating rib and thought she was Felicia. I don't really see a resemblance from any angle, but I think they are going with this being a platinum blonde thing. 

11 hours ago, jsbt said:

I just want to know what happened to his prior obsessions.

When the show deigns to have Felicia in a scene with Ryan, he stares at her a bit longer and with more intensity than necessary, but I'm sure that's all JL.

14 hours ago, Hater said:

That account he is responding to has posted many false spoilers but also posts BTS "gossip."  Varni's name is tossed around a lot on that twitter feed, so is he implicating himself?  "Please, don't leak stuff."  Boy oh boy.

That man is a moron.

And I wasn't even aware of that Twitter until now. My very first data point about it is that it gets under Varni's skin enough for him to personally write, "Please, don't leak stuff." Leak. Not "disseminate unreliable information," et cetera, but leak. I'm sure however many readers it had last week will be multiplied.    

I wish everyone who plans to work in the entertainment industry in any capacity, whether acting, singing, writing, producing, publicizing/representing, anything, had to take a short course on The Streisand Effect and get a certificate showing they understand the material.  But then I'd get fewer laughs.   

That’s a laugh, thinking MV and KW could be mistaken for each other.

KW conveys an inherent sweetness and caring that MW could never hope to. 

Meanwhile, I feel nothing for Ava. She was just far too nasty and vengeful against her own daughter, never minding the fact that it was Ava herself who showed Kiki that nothing was off limits, while she was fucking Morgan behind Kiki’s back. She can cry all she wants now that Kiki’s dead, it doesn’t change how she treated her while Kiki was alive.

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, katie9918 said:

Meanwhile, I feel nothing for Ava. She was just far too nasty and vengeful against her own daughter, never minding the fact that it was Ava herself who showed Kiki that nothing was off limits, while she was fucking Morgan behind Kiki’s back. She can cry all she wants now that Kiki’s dead, it doesn’t change how she treated her while Kiki was alive.

Felicia looks like Ryan and Kevin's mother, but as you describe Ava, Ava acts like their mother. 

2 hours ago, katie9918 said:

I guess it's a good thing that even a soap that is at far less than its best can provoke a range of interpretation. What you see as sweetness and caring from KW, I see as ditziness and overly broad playing. I'm not saying she's an airhead in real life, but I think there are limitations on what she's capable of doing as an actor, and she hasn't developed over 30+ years. And something that might be kind of charming from a newcomer in her twenties is...less so as the decades pile up.   

The affair with Griffin is exactly when Kiki, whom I'd liked pretty well opposite Morgan and Dillon and as an aspiring doctor, lost me.  I thought it was a sleazy pairing, and her personality turned on a dime. When it had just been the one-night stand, she acted (appropriately) guilty about it. When it came to light and was a full-fledged affair, she became unapologetic, even vicious. I know about Ava and Morgan, but in the years between that and this, I never had had the sense that Kiki was still fuming over it, waiting for an opportunity for payback.

I couldn't figure out the writing, other than that it was bad and it wasn't protecting anyone. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Well, her mother is Ava.

And it came about because Ava wanted the truth to be revealed during the Kiki's case against Bensh. It was more important to Ava for her to find out if Griffin slept with Kiki no matter how damaging that information could have been.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:57 PM, jsbt said:

Have they explained a) how Ryan survived, b) how long Kevin's had him, and c) how he's either dropped Felicia or fixated on Ava?

There's been nothing that I've seen regarding a or b.  As for c, I think for once GH actually went too subtle. 

Ryan, all enamored with Felicia, approached her at The Floating Rib in completely smitten mode.  But by the end of the conversation (and Lindstrom did a great job with the transition using only facial expressions) Ryan had fallen out of love / obsession.  Felicia spoke of herself as a grandmother, talked about how much she loved her life of family and domestic bliss.  The more she talked about how happy she was and that her adventure seeking days were behind her, the more Ryan's face began to harden.  Felicia was now nothing but a disappointment, a fallen idol.

Story wise, I think if he hadn't already met Ava and been drawn to her, we might have had a Felicia as a murder victim.  BTS, perhaps HE's exit changed the direction.  At the time, I did think they were using that scene to set that in motion and then the story changed course.  And I'm hoping the course stays changed.  Even though we hardly see her, I would be sad if they killed off Felicia.  Sentimental reasons, I guess.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 6

Even I wouldn't want Felicia murdered by Ryan, and she's not someone I get any pleasure from seeing. Just keep her out of front-burner stories and bring her out once in a while for a few lines in big group scenes, and I'm okay with that. Killing her, especially that way, would be needlessly mean-spirited.  

• Love 2