Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I think Steve should've been gone permanently for what he pulled, but GH will never have the balls for that. It's always been inevitable that he'll return.

Yeah.  I am wondering who else has to go to pay for him this time.  Roho was a big one, but I suspect they'll be another.  Maybe CM even tho he claimed he was staying after signing that family network contract, they lie.  They have to lie so as not to give spoilers.  Or, it could be Easton if they finally give up on him and Liz.  

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

You can quibble with its placement, but it's a valid listing, IMO. GH did bring soaps into the general consciousness with the Luke and Laura phenomenon and then Elizabeth Taylor. My dad knew who Luke and Laura were, and he was as far from a pop culture follower as could be.

Oh, I wasn't quibbling with its placement on the list or its inclusion at all. I was surprised, because I wasn't expecting to see a soap on the list, but if they were to include one, it had to be GH exactly for the reasons given. Luke and Laura were, and are, a cultural phenomenon. My local TV news station even runs a bit of a joke about them on their promos these days.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Yeah.  I am wondering who else has to go to pay for him this time.  Roho was a big one, but I suspect they'll be another.  Maybe CM even tho he claimed he was staying after signing that family network contract, they lie.  They have to lie so as not to give spoilers.  Or, it could be Easton if they finally give up on him and Liz.  

I think CM is a goner. They’ve been taping around his schedule and Drew only functions as a Carly prop these days so he doesn’t have a place on the canvas if Jason returns. I’m pretty sure Roho and CM’s guarantees together equal SBu’s. Roger wasn’t on much his last few years and CM is gone a lot 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Maybe CM even tho he claimed he was staying after signing that family network contract, they lie.  They have to lie so as not to give spoilers. 

Cameron will be gone with the wind with Steve back. People got all pissed at me when I said Drew #1 was history when Steve first returned to the show, but show me how much lead story Billy Miller got once Jason was back in the year and a half he lingered on? Exactly.

Finn has been a dead cell for years and I think they might finally admit it if money is tight.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4

I think you are both right and it's CM.  And this dark turn he is taking is the beginning of his exit.  This was a failed recast, and CM has other fish to fry, and yeah you're right they have been filming around his schedule.  

I'm so torn here, I don't want Jason back because he eats the show, OTOH I really can't stand this Drew.  And this is nothing against CM, he was seriously miscast IMO, that's all. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
48 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I think Steve should've been gone permanently for what he pulled, but GH will never have the balls for that. It's always been inevitable that he'll return.

So do I. It's also a dangerous precedent for ABC/Disney to rehire people who did not comply with a contract -- for any reason. And, long before the pandemic there was icky stuff with Burton.

The money is better spent elsewhere. I think FV will do everything he can to keep ME employed before cutting him as I think ME's options are very limited, but CM may have read the tea leaves...

What's fascinating is I do not see the sort of clamoring one might expect on X. I don't think Burton's following is anywhere near what it was, just sentimentality for his past ships.  

• Like 8

Drew is still such a blank slate that he can always be reconceived with the right actor and story, which is what should have happened when CM first came on. He had promise. Instead they turned him into a version of his offscreen persona and let him be little more than the rictus-grinning Jason-Shaped Standee in Carly's life to give Laura Wright a romantic partner, which was bound to leave him with nothing when Steve inevitably returned.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Count me among the disappointed if SB comes back as Jason.  The character was interesting when he was still figuring out who he was, and we'd get occasional flashes of emotional memory when he was with Monica, Robin or Liz.  Once those flashes ended, he was basically an automaton, and he'd pretty much transformed his physical appearance in that direction as well.

The only possible saving grace would be if he came back to recover some of his former persona.  But he'd better do it quickly, while LC, TE and WK are around to embody the Quartermaine aspect of the story.

• Like 4

Steve has always adamantly refused to play Jason re-Qed, which is one of many things that should've gotten him fired years ago. Of course he also once adamantly refused to play a Jason and Carly romance.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, ComeWhatMay said:

What's fascinating is I do not see the sort of clamoring one might expect on X. I don't think Burton's following is anywhere near what it was, just sentimentality for his past ships.  

Most were glad he was done by the time he left. His return quickly grew stale and his most of his more ardent fans want him with either Liz or Sam. Doesn’t seem like they’re too interested in him solely being Carly and Sonny’s lapdog and Jarly 2.0 was a gigantic flop which even the actors have recently admitted. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Jarly 2.0 was a gigantic flop which even the actors have recently admitted. 

Have they? I'd like to see those statements.

22 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Have they? I'd like to see those statements.

It was on his podcast. LW was his guest a month or 2 ago

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

So do I. It's also a dangerous precedent for ABC/Disney to rehire people who did not comply with a contract -- for any reason. And, long before the pandemic there was icky stuff with Burton.

The money is better spent elsewhere. I think FV will do everything he can to keep ME employed before cutting him as I think ME's options are very limited, but CM may have read the tea leaves...

Frank will never let him go.  He’s like, the ultimate favorite.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Frank will never let him go.  He’s like, the ultimate favorite.

It’s so strange to me. He is not remotely a leading man. FWIW, I FF when I see him. Becky is really a pro because I could not do it. I guess his contract renewals are not stressful, so that’s something. 

• Like 2

I have to admit I have always wanted to see Jason and Drew interact as brothers. There was writing toward that just before Jason "died." Even if it ends up being a Drew recast, it's just something that's interesting to me, for whatever reason.

It WOULD be kind of funny if SBu finds himself desperate enough that he can't dictate the character, and the bricks falling on his head turned him back into a Quartermaine.

• LOL 6
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Hopefully it's bye CM. 

HAHAHAHA!!! Drewfus get ready to be dumped!!! You sacrificed all of your previous relationships for NOTHING.

Edited by mariah23
  • Like 2

As much of a waste of space as Cam's Drew is I still prefer him immensely to Burton or Jason. His absence has been one of the few consistent bright spots these past two years. 

• Like 13

LW's face says "OH YEAH!!! I'M FINALLY GETTING MY JASON/CARLY!!!"*

SB's face says "I'm back."

KeMo face says "PleaseOhPleaseDoNotPutSamBackWithJasonPleaseOhPlease"

*My face to LW:

matthew perry shut up GIF

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

So how will they twist it so they can blame Nina for Jason’s “death” and 2 year disappearance?

Just another Carly to pile on Nina. Can’t. Wait.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Welp, between that and the treatment of Nina, guess GH and I are breaking up again.

Yeah.  I was so disappointed to see Mo retweeting Carson reunion and Dark Sonny stuff last night.  I was like, okay, I got the message.  I didn't mind Sona being over, it's Cynthia's Nina that I love.  But I see where this is going.  GHBaby! got her wish list filled.  That means the show is not for me.  Again. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

As much of a waste of space as Cam's Drew is I still prefer him immensely to Burton or Jason. His absence has been one of the few consistent bright spots these past two years. 

I can’t think of a character I hate more than his Jason. Even Carly, because he’s one of the main reasons Carly became the sainted version she is.  What a bummer. But I kind of hope they force a Jason/Carly romance on him, only because Steve seems so opposed to it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Bet Jason is the one who took that shot at Anna and Sonny, and paralyzed Curtis in the process. His ass is probably brain washed and working for Pikeman.

Jason is a character that looks really big and you wonder how the show will be without him. Then he leaves and he isn't missed at all.

Bye CM. I'm sure Carly will kick Drew in the teeth on his way out. Scout has Dante. She doesn't need the deadbeat.

• Like 1

I would prefer Carly/Jason to her reuniting with Sonny because they’re more insufferable as a team and they could too easily gang up on Nina. I don’t think the Jason character would care beyond keeping her away from his people. He also usually tampers down Carly and she can make him come alive a bit more. (Do I sound delusional?)

I think I’m more pissed at the old mobster Sonny being back than Jason’s return because the show will again be unwatchable for me.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I thought of ya'll as soon as he borg'd out the door....I thought it would have been Anthony Geary coming out to say a few snarky words.

Should have known better, especially seeing Laura's smirk.  But Kelly looked like she would rather be waxing her armpits, lol.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 11
On 12/18/2023 at 7:56 PM, Nique said:

Eden submitted material having to do with the sex tape & it being released. I'm no fan of Joss & Eden isn't my favorite but I thought her & William were very good with the material. Along with there breakup 

While Joss is mostly useless I have to say I do like Eden and think she’s a decent actress.  She was very good during the Oscar storyline and also the sex tape stuff.  Also I don’t know if she’s actually studied LW or if it’s just due to osmosis of proximity, but she has nailed Carly and even has some of her mannerisms.  Joss and Carly really seem like they could be mother and daughter.

• Like 5

Problem with that is this show already has one Carly and does not need a Carly 2.0 who is exactly the same. Their dynamic would be a lot more interesting if the show had gone the Dorian/Cassie route - Cassie loving her mother but fully aware of the type of person she is. If there is one thing we can count on with this show, it's for them to do the least dramatically interesting thing.

• Like 15
  • Applause 5

This news is also sort of ironic, since she created Santa Barbara, a GH time-slot competitor [and that both NLG and Robin Mattson were on!], but it definitely is GH connected, via the fact that she was the daughter of Frank and Doris Hursley, GH creators, but Bridget Dobson has died:

• Sad 9
16 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Problem with that is this show already has one Carly and does not need a Carly 2.0 who is exactly the same. Their dynamic would be a lot more interesting if the show had gone the Dorian/Cassie route - Cassie loving her mother but fully aware of the type of person she is. If there is one thing we can count on with this show, it's for them to do the least dramatically interesting thing.

The whole problem with your post is that the show doesn't think there's anything wrong with Carly. They think she's perfect even though she's a complete asshole.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
On 1/6/2024 at 4:54 PM, WendyCR72 said:

This news is also sort of ironic, since she created Santa Barbara, a GH time-slot competitor [and that both NLG and Robin Mattson were on!], but it definitely is GH connected, via the fact that she was the daughter of Frank and Doris Hursley, GH creators, but Bridget Dobson has died:

I had no idea she was their daughter! SB was such an intelligently-written show, especially when it came to couple banter.

• Like 2
(edited)

I knew the Dobsons the last couple of years and learned this a few hours after it happened. Her mind was still sharp all the way to the end. I haven't spoken to Jerry, but I know he is absolutely devastated. They were as in love as ever.

Edited by driver18
  • Sad 8

This news is also sort of ironic, since she created Santa Barbara, a GH time-slot competitor [and that both NLG and Robin Mattson were on!], but it definitely is GH connected, 

Jack Wagner (ex-Frisco) was also on Santa Barbara; he played "Warren" who was NLG's character's nephew. A. Martinez (ex-Roy) was on Santa Barbara as well.

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

This news is also sort of ironic, since she created Santa Barbara, a GH time-slot competitor [and that both NLG and Robin Mattson were on!], but it definitely is GH connected, 

Jack Wagner (ex-Frisco) was also on Santa Barbara; he played "Warren" who was NLG's character's nephew. A. Martinez (ex-Roy) was on Santa Barbara as well.

Yep, forgot Jack Wagner. And yes, he and A Martinez were also on the show. As was Joe Marinelli, who played Sorel on GH around a decade ago. On SB, he played cross-dressing mobster, Bunny Tagliatti, involved with Gina's (Robin Mattson's) storyline.

• Thanks 1

I do remember him saying he’d like to finish his career at GH. I’m surprised Frank is okay with the idea of Burton only staying for a couple of years. Unless Frank doesn’t expect the show to last beyond that…

• Useful 1