Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

A plea bargain is pretty standard, though I hope she gets some sort of punishment—house arrest, community service, court-ordered therapy, etc. I hate that DUIs have so few consequences for the drivers. That's the fault of legislatures, of course, not the DAs.

And of course the civil suit is a separate problem for her.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate that DUIs have so few consequences for the drivers. That's the fault of legislatures, of course, not the DAs.

Me, too.  The reason there are so many repeat offenders is because there are barely any consequences until you kill someone.  An automatic month in prison, $5,000 fine and loss of license for a year on the first offense, would probably give a lot of people pause to even try to decide if they're sober enough to drive before just calling a cab or whatever.

• Like 4

Well the fan wars have started in earnest on Twitter. Jarly, Liason, Jasam…and LW is being soundly thrashed for her enthusiasm over SBu’s return. There’s definitely a large group who doesn’t want Jason back at all and couldn’t care less who he’s paired with, unless it’s a cement block when he’s dumped in the lake but it’s interesting to read…🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

Burton: Listen, I’ve never been a guy to dictate story. I’ve never been somebody going, “Hey, I can’t or won’t do this.” 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

They all make this same claim.  I imagine for one or two of them, it's even true.  lol

• Like 3

I saw a comment on a YouTube video last week where someone said 98% of fans are happy with Jason coming back.

The YouTuber they were commenting on isn't a fan, and they're so wrong for that lol. I told them they need to visit some other forums/social media, and you'll see that there are a lot more people than you think that share his opinion. 

Of course these are the same people that think you're trolling if you comment that you're team Nina. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Burton: Listen, I’ve never been a guy to dictate story. I’ve never been somebody going, “Hey, I can’t or won’t do this.” 

😂😂 What a crock. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I wish they would force him to wear other clothing and colors for awhile. 

They always have Jason whine about it, which I find so tiresome. Oh, poor baby has to throw on a tie for a couple of hours because he's going to an event where his stupid black T-shirt isn't appropriate. Ugh.

• Like 8

In fairness, someone mentioned it elsewhere and having revisited the '90s recently they're right: The way Steve has played Jason Morgan has atrophied over the decades. In the first 5 or so years he was more emotional, more dynamic in behavior. Once Steve came back from his shot at Hollywood it was pretty much the black t-shirt and one gear performance-wise all the time. He could still occasionally do a very good job onscreen but he rarely bothered, because he knows he doesn't need to and he was focused on making his money for retirement. I don't think that's changed in at least 20 years.

If Steve is serious about retiring soon having made his nest egg and wanting to stretch himself before he goes, great. I'll believe it when I see it. I just hope the new scripts challenge him in some way, whether he can tolerate it or not is immaterial to me since I never wanted him to come back.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They always have Jason whine about it, which I find so tiresome. Oh, poor baby has to throw on a tie for a couple of hours because he's going to an event where his stupid black T-shirt isn't appropriate. Ugh.

The last time he came back from the dead, he was wearing some nice baby blue sweaters and such for a week or two (I think Ava got them for him?).  But of course once everyone believed he was really Jason, Carly brought him over a leather jacket and that was the end of that.

• Like 2
(edited)

Slightly OT but since people were speccing if MVJ was leaving Bold for GH, doesn’t appear to be the case. Good for her though!

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Yeah, I think everyone assumed anything but CBS investing in a new soap in 2024. Good for her and good for this show.

• Like 5

This is shocking - in a good way. And P&G are involved as well. Never thought they'd get back in the biz. Curious what this portends for B&B with their writers jumping ship and Y&R getting a 4 year pickup but not them.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

This is shocking - in a good way. And P&G are involved as well. Never thought they'd get back in the biz. Curious what this portends for B&B with their writers jumping ship and Y&R getting a 4 year pickup but not them.

Between that Y&R pickup, GH hiring Mulcahey and this, I think it may be early signs of a shift back to investing in soaps as dependable year-round moneymakers for the networks/conglomerates, following the streaming crash and their burning good money after bad for much of the 2010s and then the shock of the pandemic.

But I may be extrapolating too far. If Y&R finally changes creative hands and ousts the somnambulant Josh Griffith we'll know something is up.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Even Y&R seems be getting a little buzz lately with the Aunt Jordan stuff (though my perspective may be skewed as a Colleen Zenk fan)

I hope you are right @jsbt and this is a glimmer of hope. Certainly nothing else they have tried (outside The View) has worked.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Like the new emoji faces! Thanks!

Sorry, I had to stop at the line about “ Their integrity ….”  . Bwahahaha Jason and Carly have integrity!!!! 😜

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

Maurice Bernard described Jason as a "sweeter bad boy" and called him an honest character who has a lot of integrity." Referring to Burton as a "damn good actor," he shared that having him back felt like "old times.

Well this just kind of sums it all up…😳

• LOL 6
13 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

“It’s perfect. It’s home. It’s safety.”

Good grief, Laura. ;-) 

Is it really such a surprise? She's always played the game.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Is it really such a surprise? She's always played the game.

Laura is a survivor, no doubt. She saw GL was going down and hightailed it out of there. As much as MB and SB have, she’s built a nice life in Daytime and I don’t see any regret or what might have been in her performances, I give her that… Staying is a choice. How you feel about it is on you and letting us see it in your performances is too.

Over four soaps she saw many come and go and have things not turn out the way they wanted and as the late Jeanne Cooper noted, they don’t always take you back. She’s unapologetically all about GH and it’s her world, not just Carly’s, I strongly suspect. ;-)

She may be Frank’s eternal employee of the month, but I think Laura needs to stay out of the way of progress in the same way MB and SB do. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

She may be Frank’s eternal employee of the month, but I think Laura needs to stay out of the way of progress in the same way MB and SB do. 

I don't think she's ever been in the way, personally. Or controlling GH in any way. The women don't do that there and never have, except Gloria Monty. Genie has a lot to say about that (as would Finola Hughes). But yes, LW is a tough and shrewd customer. And I don't hold that against her.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
56 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

according to Radar online, Haley Pullos is still refusing to take responsibility for the car crash. She’s now blaming the other driver and arguing that he doesn’t deserve any compensation and the lawsuit should be tossed.

https://radaronline.com/p/general-hospital-star-haley-pullos-blames-other-driver-civil-lawsuit-2023-crash-arrest-dui-charges-court/

She clearly hasn't learned anything from this and whoever her lawyers are, they should be fired for even thinking that blaming the victim is a good idea. 

• Applause 1
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She clearly hasn't learned anything from this and whoever her lawyers are, they should be fired for even thinking that blaming the victim is a good idea. 

Your honor, the other guy made me drive under the influence, speed, cross over into the opposite lane of traffic and hit his car head on. You see it really is all his fault. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Somehow I missed the detail that Haley had a second job as a lounge hostess, and that's where she had just been?

Such a fucking grim business. (Acting in LA, not hostessing but well, that too I guess.)

And yeah, that's a uh, legal approach I guess. Good luck with that!

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
(edited)

I think it's standard practice for the defense in civil suits to request that the suit be dismissed, even when the judge is unlikely to go along. When the defendant is famous, whether minor-famous like Haley Pullos or major-famous like Lizzo (whose team tried the same tactic in the lawsuit brought by her dancers), this makes for good headlines ("[celebrity] ASKS JUDGE TO THROW OUT LAWSUIT!"), but I think it's just preliminary maneuvering. It can result in some individual claims within a larger case being ruled out.  

From the Burton interview:  

I guess Chad Duell [Michael] and Josh Swickard [Chase] are like my two sons, apparently. They’re such great guys and such kids at heart, still, and I see them as kids even though they’re, I don’t know, 30-something. We just had Josh on our podcast over at Daily Drama. Big Labrador Retriever, like every time I come in the building he’s like [adopts excited tone], “Hey, Steve! Hey Steve!'”

So...Swickard is a lot like his character. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 3/7/2024 at 10:44 AM, Sake614 said:

Maurice Bernard described Jason as a "sweeter bad boy" and called him an honest character who has a lot of integrity." Referring to Burton as a "damn good actor," he shared that having him back felt like "old times.

Well this just kind of sums it all up…😳

In all fairness, Bernard has always been effusive in his praise of his fellow actors.  

On 3/4/2024 at 10:41 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Me: Listen Steve, I’ve never been a gal to rewatch a thirty year old Frasier rerun for the hundredth time rather than watch GH. I’ve never been somebody going, “Hey, I can’t stand to watch another episode of this shit-fest today.”

• LOL 8

She's also the RL sister of Crystal Bernard(Helen on Wings)

https://tvline.com/news/robyn-bernard-dead-general-hospital-actress-terry-1235187883/https://tvline.com/news/robyn-bernard-dead-general-hospital-actress-terry-1235187883/

Robyn Bernard, General Hospital’s Terry Brock, Dead at 64

Actress Robyn Bernard, best known for her ’80s stint as aspiring singer Terry Brock on the ABC daytime drama General Hospital, has died. She was 64.

According to TMZ, Bernard’s body was found Tuesday in San Jacinto, Calif. A cause of death is pending.

Bernard joined General Hospital in 1984 as Terry, the daughter of David Groh’s villainous D.L. Brock, and remained on the venerable ABC soap for six years before exiting in 1990.

As TVLine’s Matt Mitovich previously reminisced, Bernard’s General Hospital story arc kicked into high gearing during the semi-great Laurelton murder mystery, in which Terry was famously gaslit into thinking she had knifed to death a man named Neil Johnson, after which other bodies piled up. The ongoing mystery featured the reveal of why Terry had been banished from small-town Laurelton in the first place (involuntarily drugged, the face of Purity Water Company had strolled down Main Street naked, singing “His Way Is My Way”) and culminated with a deadly chase across Catalina Island, filmed on location.

Prior to landing GH, Bernard guest-starred on a number of primetime series, including Simon & Simon and The Facts of Life.

• Sad 6
  • Love 1

She was really good in that role. I've thought about her over the years. She was in the same SL as Lucy Coe's intro to GH, and was Bobbi's stepdaughter, so it's a shame she couldn't have had more longevity like those two characters.

• Like 4