Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

There is a terrible article from the New York Post with the details of Billy Miller’s suicide. I will not share it and I do not recommend reading it. I am sorry for Billy’s family that the Post decided those details are our business.

• Sad 12
On 12/3/2023 at 3:40 PM, ComeWhatMay said:

This guy… He can’t have known Tyler would die just over a week later, but still wow. I want to tell the fans chatting with Martines about returning to hit up Google. That memorial post for Tyler should have stayed in his drafts too.

Hopefully the shot SM took at Frank V. afterward about characterization indicates the show has no interest in his services.

I don’t want another Nik period, but bringing this individual back would be absolutely unfathomable to me. No offense to the Nik and Gia fans on here, but I just cannot with this guy. 

IMG_2103.thumb.jpeg.b5223d8de8d5280575459de241faf703.jpegIMG_2103.thumb.jpeg.8762024b041d1b2c40f201f845e811ee.jpeg

I can’t imagine they’re bring him back especially considering his bizarre legal troubles. I think they’d Marcus  back over him, at least Marcus had good chemistry with Maura. Hell I would take RoHo back for his fourth iteration over this Nik. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

There is a terrible article from the New York Post with the details of Billy Miller’s suicide. I will not share it and I do not recommend reading it. I am sorry for Billy’s family that the Post decided those details are our business.

I saw that and was mortified! We all know he took his own life, and his family surely knew at least some of those details. Why sensationalize it for the masses? I feel so sad for his family having to see that in print. :(

• Sad 6
23 hours ago, racked said:

I can’t imagine they’re bring him back especially considering his bizarre legal troubles. I think they’d Marcus  back over him, at least Marcus had good chemistry with Maura. Hell I would take RoHo back for his fourth iteration over this Nik. 

I misread this as you think RoHo should be Nik as his fourth iteration and while he doesn't have the right look he would do well with the dark Cassadine stuff. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

The Daytime Emmy Awards was tonight. GH won for best soap and the late Sonya Eddy for best supporting actress plus was given a tribute, Robert Gossett (Marshall) won for best supporting actor, Eden McCoy for best young performer and Alley Mills for guest performer. The show also did a tribute to Tyler Christopher

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daytime-emmys-2023-winners-list-1235760191/

It's weird that they honored the first and latest of this slew of GH losses, but did little or nothing for Jackie and Billy?

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It's weird that they honored the first and latest of this slew of GH losses, but did little or nothing for Jackie and Billy?

It was also cringe to me to have Valenti (looking like a ghost and seeming to have concentration issues) acknowledge Sonia and a BTS person who died this year, but not TC, BM, or especially JZ.

Robert Gossett saying his son passed this year, with Kristina Wagner (and Jack) also losing their son just over a year ago, the show has had so many terribly sad events.

On another note, it was lovely to see Kelly Thiebaud looking gorgeous happy to be there, acknowledging a vet.

I wasn’t a fan of how her ark ended, but Alley Mills looks fantastic and in a good place accepting her award. “A serial killer with a heart of gold” does sum up Heather pretty well 😂. (I would’ve liked to see her acknowledge Robin Mattson along with Valenti (and IIRC, he wasn’t the character creator at all, but that’s just me being picky.)

Thinking of JJ York and hoping for his continued good health, the original clips of him and Felicia followed by a current scene of them together was lovely.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Eden McCoy and hat man won? What the hell  could she possibly have submitted that was Emmy worthy? And while I was moved by what I saw of his speech I’m not quite sure what he did that was so great either.

ithought Y&R won best soap? Or did they take the writing award? I saw the whole cast on stage.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
41 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Eden McCoy and hat man won? What the hell  could she possibly have submitted that was Emmy worthy? And while I was moved by what I saw of his speech I’m not quite sure what he did that was so great either.

ithought Y&R won best soap? Or did they take the writing award? I saw the whole cast on stage.

Well, EM won for Outstanding Younger Performer against two pre-teens so not a real surprise there.  I assume the awards were decided back before the strikes, so her reel was likely pre-Dex.  I thought her acceptance speech was quite gracious, even if it sounded really scripted/rehearsed.

I was certainly surprised Hatman won given NAC and JL were in the same category.  

Y&R did win for best writing, but I think the all-cast moment was in conjunction with a brief 50th anniversary tribute.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Which for me makes Robert Gossett's win more inexplicable, because Hat Man's introduction was terrible. I couldn't stand him for at least six months. I don't really like him now, but he's much more tolerable than when he was skulking around town making cryptic statements and intimating shocking secrets that were garden variety, especially on soaps.

• Like 7

I bailed on the Daytime Emmys after the year Las Vegas sponsored the show and it was just an add for tourism. (I think Erika Slezak presented with either Cirque du Soleil or Stomp). But not acknowledging Jackie is blasphemous. A new low. And these are the folks who gave an award to Natalia Livingston. For Acting!

• Like 2

I like that Robert Gossett won, he's been a stalwart actor for years. He's been nominated for SAGs and a previous Emmy but at 69, this is his first win of an award.

Eden McCoy on the other hand is still hasn't figured out the meaning of 'nuance'.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 12/17/2023 at 9:39 AM, Mirabelle said:

Chad Duell has also won. I'll just leave it at that.

I think he earned that Emmy.  He won for when Michael held the gun on Sonny after he found out that Sonny killed AJ.

Anyway.  Jon Lindstrom was robbed.  And it was probably his last chance since they killed Ryan and all.

• Like 5

I thought Eden McCoy looked especially beautiful on the Emmy broadcast.  I felt for her, having so recently lost her mother and thereby unable to share the win with her.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 12/16/2023 at 1:10 PM, Sake614 said:

Eden submitted material having to do with the sex tape & it being released. I'm no fan of Joss & Eden isn't my favorite but I thought her & William were very good with the material. Along with there breakup 

• Like 4

Hey, we’re back!

The show will mourn Bobbie Spencer and her portrayer Jackie Zeman on January 10 and 11. The characters will learn of Bobbie’s death the week of New Year’s

https://people.com/general-hospital-says-goodbye-to-bobbie-spencer-and-actress-jacklyn-zeman-8419040?utm_term=658461f77c6b5f00016c30b8&utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_medium=social&utm_content=new&utm_source=twitter.com

Ryan Carnes, who played Lucas, will return as Lucas mourns his mom

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ryan-carnes-returns-to-general-hospital-for-its-good-bye-to-bobbie/

Edited by DanaK
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 5
11 hours ago, DanaK said:

Good on TPTB for bringing both Lucas and Ryan Carnes back, since I feel like this tribute will be just as much (or more) for JZ as for Bobbie.  As much as I bitch about the writers, I do have faith that these episodes will be very well done.

• Like 4

As long as they actually let other characters reminisce about Bobbie and don't completely center Carly. I'll hold my breath on that until the episodes actually air. I'm still mad Stuart Damon got nothing more than picture. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

So, no Anthony Geary? Or will he be the “surprise/shock”?? I noticed Rick Springfield will be in the prime time special, but won’t be on the show for Bobbie?!

Like @Mirabelle, I don’t trust this show to do Jackie or Bobbie justice and will make it all about the SHEBEAST.

IF they don’t, maaaaaybe I’ll give them a nod. Why give credit for something they SHOULD do?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I hope KS was able to film for the Bobbie episodes. I don't want any rememberence of BJ done with a temp recast and I expect that to be a part of the tribute.

KS is in the picture of for Bobbie's funeral in the People article above.

• Like 6

It's a long delay for the memorial, but geez, right after Christmas?  Yes, IRL people don't wait for the timing to be right to die.  They could have pushed it back another few weeks.

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 1/1/2024 at 5:32 PM, ciarra said:

It's a long delay for the memorial, but geez, right after Christmas?  Yes, IRL people don't wait for the timing to be right to die.  They could have pushed it back another few weeks.

I'm just glad they waited until AFTER* Christmas this time. I remember a teary SL a few years back about a character's death that was right before the holiday. Maybe Oscar? Not that I cared about that character, but the actors reacting to it were really good and endless mourning just wasn't what most people need this time of year!

Had to edit that in -- makes a big difference!

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm just glad they waited until Christmas this time. I remember a teary SL a few years back about a character's death that was right before the holiday. Maybe Oscar? Not that I cared about that character, but the actors reacting to it were really good and endless mourning just wasn't what most people need this time of year!

Well, Original Georgie was strangled around Christmas, so the show has no qualms about foregoing holiday cheer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Variety magazine has compiled a list of the 100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time (English language shows, anyway.) It's the usual sort of thing, with glaring omissions (Homicide didn't make the cut? Really?!) and glaring inclusions that I wouldn't even have considered for the list, but there was one surprise. 

Coming in at 88, General Hospital.

Soap operas are an American art form, having begun on Chicago radio in 1930. And on TV in the 1950s and ’60s, they became a popular method of delivering products on the daily to housewives (giving the genre its name). But “General Hospital” took the format to stratospheric heights in the early 1980s, because of supercouple Luke (Anthony Geary) and Laura (Genie Francis). The pair married before tens of millions of viewers on Nov. 16 and 17, 1981, an event that transcended daytime TV (and included Elizabeth Taylor as a guest star), and made the show a zeitgeist phenomenon. One of four soaps left, and the longest-running scripted TV series on the air, “General Hospital” turned 60 on April 1, 2023 — a feat.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm just glad they waited until Christmas this time. I remember a teary SL a few years back about a character's death that was right before the holiday. Maybe Oscar? Not that I cared about that character, but the actors reacting to it were really good and endless mourning just wasn't what most people need this time of year!

There was that one storyline where Sasha's baby died around Christmas I think.

I personally don't mind these stories because I think that there is an inherent darkness to Christmas and the holiday season, so it makes for good dramatic storytelling in that sense.

• Like 3
On 12/24/2023 at 10:53 AM, Mirabelle said:

As long as they actually let other characters reminisce about Bobbie and don't completely center Carly. I'll hold my breath on that until the episodes actually air. I'm still mad Stuart Damon got nothing more than picture. 

SD got a :15 montage. What more do you want? He was only a cherished vet and a core member of the cast long before the mob took over the show. <sarc>

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

There was that one storyline where Sasha's baby died around Christmas I think.

I personally don't mind these stories because I think that there is an inherent darkness to Christmas and the holiday season, so it makes for good dramatic storytelling in that sense.

That's what I was thinking of, thanks! I had a feeling it was more recent than Oscar. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Coming in at 88, General Hospital.

You can quibble with its placement, but it's a valid listing, IMO. GH did bring soaps into the general consciousness with the Luke and Laura phenomenon and then Elizabeth Taylor. My dad knew who Luke and Laura were, and he was as far from a pop culture follower as could be.

5 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I agree. I don't need the tragedy to happen in an episode when we see everyone getting together and opening gifts and stuff—we need a bit of sentimentalism—but I don't think the holidays should be off-season for something bad happening.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

ou can quibble with its placement, but it's a valid listing, IMO. GH did bring soaps into the general consciousness with the Luke and Laura phenomenon and then Elizabeth Taylor. My dad knew who Luke and Laura were, and he was as far from a pop culture follower as could be.

Tony and Genie were on the cover of TIME magazine (with ET), so yeah, the lead-up to the wedding was intense and not just limited to entertainment outlets.  

• Like 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Guys, Burton is out at Days.  I had a bad feeling when Roho was let go.  Now, it's getting to be a worse feeling. 

I’ve long accepted he’s coming back at some point. I don’t care for him and think he’s a limited actor who will once again be inserted into every storyline but it is what it is unfortunately. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 8
8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’ve long accepted he’s coming back at some point. I don’t care for him and think he’s a limited actor who will once again be inserted into every storyline but it is what it is unfortunately. 

Yeah, same. 

• Like 1

I think Steve should've been gone permanently for what he pulled, but GH will never have the balls for that. It's always been inevitable that he'll return.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1