Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

don't understand why they didn't think Lexi could handle it?

From what was in the soap news earlier, it seems LA brought the surrogacy idea to the writers, and she didn't the direction the story was going to take. It wasn't exactly a mutual parting, but LA wasn't summarily fired.

If this is the direction the story was going to take with a falling out between Molly and Kristina over a conversation that Molly overheard, then I'm fully on Lexi's side. 

These writers are not creative in the least and can't write their way out of a paperbag.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Based on how the surrogacy story has been going so far, I don't blame Lei one bit.

It's also obvious how much the show plays favourites. Kate Mansel is not only getting two storyline, the surrogacy and the Corinthos0Davis House, she also appears to be getting a relationship. The show never gave Lexi that much presence.

• Like 4

Gladys put in a solid performance.  But am not

Spoiler

sorry to see her depart.  Also the article about Roho - glad to see that he is feeling better and look forward to seeing him more often than just in the opening shot of Hulu.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Gladys put in a solid performance.  But am not

Hide contents

sorry to see her depart.  Also the article about Roho - glad to see that he is feeling better and look forward to seeing him more often than just in the opening shot of Hulu.

Yeah, time to update that Hulu shot. That was like three RoHo characters ago! Seriously! I remember being on vacation in 2019 and when I got back suddenly Drew's mind was in Franco's body???

• LOL 1

Just an FYI in terms of sources of soap news, Soap Opera Digest is ending its weekly print edition after nearly 5 decades. It will still do special editions 4 times a year

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/soap-opera-digest-discontinuing-weekly-print-edition-1235770929/

Surprising yet not given the problems magazines are having right now trying to survive and the reduced world of daytime soap operas. I quit subscribing when AMC and OLTL ended

• Useful 8
32 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Just an FYI in terms of sources of soap news, Soap Opera Digest is ending its weekly print edition after nearly 5 decades. It will still do special editions 4 times a year

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/soap-opera-digest-discontinuing-weekly-print-edition-1235770929/

Surprising yet not given the problems magazines are having right now trying to survive and the reduced world of daytime soap operas. I quit subscribing when AMC and OLTL ended

I haven't subscribed in nearly 30 years, but still sad.

But you know money/circulation was bad when the mag stopped doing photo shoots for stories/covers and started the horrible PhotoShop every issue.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
17 hours ago, DanaK said:

Thanks for the heads up. This is really going to disappoint my mom. She's 92 years old and does not do digital. She's remarked over the years how the magazine has diminished, but she still enjoys it.

• Hugs 4

I watched Minority Report yesterday. I hadn't seen it since it was new. Its worst futuristic prediction is that people would still be reading newspapers in 2054. Yes, I know they were futuristic newspapers that looked just like the old kind but auto-updated, but still. Print has been on the terminal list for more than 15 years.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 1

Tyler was so talented, even when he visibly was struggling for years on and off onscreen. Even when he was at times checked out or impaired, there was a core of integrity and intellect to Nikolas as a character that no one else has ever touched. I was touched by his blunt honesty and candor in his recent interview given his BTS issues in the last decade, and I always have hoped he would get well enough to return someday when it was right for him. I just hope he's at peace.

• Like 13
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

GOD. First Matthew Perry. Now Tyler.😓😓

And my reaction to both was my mouth hanging open, after a shocked gasp. Both men had demons, both were insanely talented, and now both are gone.

It's tragic, sad, depressing...and even a little eerie.

Like Matthew, I hope Tyler finds peace wherever he is now. 😢

• Like 9
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 4

This year has been an all around tragic one. Tyler was undeniably talented and seemed like a nice guy. While this is a very sad turn of events, I can't say that I'm shocked that he is gone, which makes the whole thing sadder.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

I am not shocked, but I really held out hope he'd beat his addictions and one day return to GH especially with Nik off screen now. 

Really sad to have lost someone who was a talent and sad for his children. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

Wow.  This one hurts.  When TC was at his best, I found Nikolas to be such a compelling, charismatic character.  I felt like I was on that journey of trying to figure out a place in the world given a weird family situation right there with him, and TC is what made that possible.  I really think the man was extremely talented as a performer, legit one of the best in the show's history when he was "on".  

NGL I also wanted to see him back on GH one day.   This is is terrible- God bless him and his family.

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4

It was really tough to lose Jackie Zeman, but Sonya, Billy and Tyler all being younger makes it extra hard. I can't imagine what it's like for the cast, especially the vets. 

I know we've given the actors currently playing Drew and Nicholas a hard time, and Bobbie's out here giving away her diner for $1 -- but I'm actually glad the characters haven't died, so the cast doesn't have to do more onscreen funerals. 

• Like 13
8 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I know we've given the actors currently playing Drew and Nicholas a hard time, and Bobbie's out here giving away her diner for $1 -- but I'm actually glad the characters haven't died, so the cast doesn't have to do more onscreen funerals. 

There's absolutely going to be a funeral for Bobbie when the WGA strike material ends - they're just waiting on that, IMO. And they better bring back both the main past Carlys, Ryan Carnes, Brad Maule, ideally Rick Springfield and Sam Behrens, and yes, Tony Geary.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5

I’m still trying to process Matthew Perry and now this? This is heartbreaking. I know it’s been a while since he was on the show but I just could never accept anyone else in the role. He was always THE Nicholas Cassadine for me. 

The GH cast has certainly suffered a lot of loss this year. I’m sure this is taking a toll on them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 17
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

There's absolutely going to be a funeral for Bobbie when the WGA strike material ends - they're just waiting on that, IMO. And they better bring back both the main past Carlys, Ryan Carnes, Brad Maule, ideally Rick Springfield and Sam Behrens, and yes, Tony Geary.

I don't really watch GH any longer, but I did back in the 1980s and 1990s (probably late 70s too thinking about it - boy am I old).  I was wondering the other day if they had had a funeral for Bobbie because that's one episode I want to make sure to watch.  

As far as Tyler, I hope he is at peace now.  I remember the early scenes with him, GF, SN, and JJ.  

• Like 4

I hate that this is the reason I come back here now. It's all been said - incredibly talented, too young, and too soon. Heartbroken for the cast, crew, and his fanbase in addition to his family and friends. I know what it's like to lose a dad as a child. There have been some nice tributes on social media. I was lucky enough to get to meet him but that also just feels eerie now. Like I look at a picture of me and him and just can't get past the unfairness and cruelty of it all.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 3

I always believed he'd be back, I guess because I wanted it so  much.  There has never been another real Nicholas for me.  He was very talented and just had something.  50 is far too young to die.  He will be so missed.  He knew he was loved by the fanbase, and even tweeted about it earlier this year.  So at least there is that.  RIP Tyler.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3

I remember Tyler’s first scenes on GH and I can’t say that about many characters. He had great presence and his scenes with GF and SN were especially good.

I started watching DOOL again when he was on as Stefan.

I wanted success for him, it didn’t have to be as Nik. Heartbreaking. 💔 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This year has been an all around tragic one. Tyler was undeniably talented and seemed like a nice guy. While this is a very sad turn of events, I can't say that I'm shocked that he is gone, which makes the whole thing sadder.

I know. This is exactly how I feel. I have so much respect for how hard he worked at his sobriety. Addiction is a hell of a disease, and it can do so much damage.

• Sad 10

Wow 😢 I’m feeling the way I did after 3 of the Golden Girls died one after the other and we were all like ‘can someone please make sure nothing happens to Betty White???’

I can’t even imagine how sad the cast and crew of GH are right now…

RIP Tyler… and Billy.. and Sonya… and Jackie…. ❤️

• Sad 5
13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It was really tough to lose Jackie Zeman, but Sonya, Billy and Tyler all being younger makes it extra hard. I can't imagine what it's like for the cast, especially the vets. 

Annie Werschling also passed she had cancer was only 45

• Sad 5

The last chapter of a sad story that goes back a while. I didn't have any expectation that TC would be back on GH or one of the other surviving daytime soaps, with his history, but I hoped he'd find something, in or out of the entertainment business, that would give him a fresh start.  

One of the first things to come to mind when I heard the news was Nancy Lee Grahn's scolding of the TMZ people for their lighthearted reporting on TC's 2019 bender. She wrote, "I say this with love but I can assure you that Tyler wasn't out having 'birthday fun'. He has a horrible disease. Tyler is at risk of losing his life if he doesn't get help, maintain treatment & work a program and there's nothing fun about it. He needs help not exposure."

I'm sure she wishes she hadn't been so right.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The last chapter of a sad story that goes back a while. I didn't have any expectation that TC would be back on GH or one of the other surviving daytime soaps, with his history, but I hoped he'd find something, in or out of the entertainment business, that would give him a fresh start.  

I wasn't shocked by his death given the many serious medical issues he'd talked about in his recent discussion with Maurice, but I was still stunned, if that makes sense.

I did not rule out his coming back upon recovery, because I've seen it happen many times before. Daytime has forgiven so often for good (or bad!) people in time. Even the late great Michael Nader from AMC, who burned his bridges at the network more than once in spectacular fashion due to drug abuse and a string of major arrests to the point that he was finally excommunicated in the early 2000s, still got a chance to return again over a decade later on the Prospect Park version of the show which was divorced from the network. Clean and sober if physically very changed, he was still a strong, warm presence onscreen who had lost none of his talent or charm. That made me believe anyone could come back under the right conditions. I knew it was definitely not right for him yet, but I held out hope that a Tyler committed to recovery could return to GH someday. I'm just sorry he never got the chance for it, or for a better tomorrow.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Desperado said:

I remember Tyler’s first scenes on GH and I can’t say that about many characters. He had great presence and his scenes with GF and SN were especially good.

He won me over the second he showed up and started talking to Baby Lulu while she was in the nursery waiting for a bone marrow transplant. I am not surprised but I was hoping he'd find some stability and at least get to see his kids finish childhood. His son is 14 and his daughter is 10 or so. I really hope he's at peace. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
15 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

He won me over the second he showed up and started talking to Baby Lulu while she was in the nursery waiting for a bone marrow transplant.

I remember those scenes as well, though I'm pretty sure the transplant had already happened. Then the confrontation when Lucky came in and then the conversation afterwards in the limo with Stefan. ("[Lulu] looked up at me like she knew me. Do you think she recognized my bone marrow?") I was fascinated.

Tyler changed his name pretty quickly (I think within a year or two of taking the role), but in the beginning he was Tyler Baker and I can remember SOD articles titled things like "The Fabulous Baker Boy." He was very well-received and rightly so.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Tyler changed his name pretty quickly (I think within a year or two of taking the role), but in the beginning he was Tyler Baker and I can remember SOD articles titled things like "The Fabulous Baker Boy."

Didn't Vanessa Marcil make him change his name because they were engaged?

This Halloween show was very painful to watch. I do love when the kids are on for a short time but the script reciting was just awful. And Valentin? Get a damn clue. Your daughter is the devil.

• Like 4