Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I saw the comments to NLG's post on Twitter, and could only conclude that the responders weren't thinking any harder than Haley was on the day of the accident.  There is no making of a sober choice after one has been drinking and drugging.  The tweeters want to fault her for getting into the car, but her rational mind wasn't in control at that point.  Nor was it in control over her complaining about her blouse or giving the emergency personnel a hard time. 

The choice-making ALWAYS takes place at the point of taking the drink or the drug.  If you are not reliable to stop, don't start, or Uber both to and fro, or tell your friends up front that they should take your keys after one drink.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If Molly must be recast for a longer stint...this is just a fantasy, but if the show wants Kate Mansi as Kristina, bring Lexi back as Molly. Hey, if Michael Easton and Roger Howarth can play multiple characters...

I actually had the same thought. Or make KM Molly now. 

• Like 2

NLG's comments here perhaps went a little further over the line in a very generalized defense than they should've over a girl she watched grow up, but they were very tame compared to the night she drunk-tweeted through the Emmys and whined about Viola Davis. Nancy has been a lot better behaved, in my experience at least, since then. Yes, she feels some type of way about Pullos; yes, she could've been a bit less deflecting about criticism. But she wasn't out there saying 'how dare any of you attack my sweet summer child.' I can't fault her that much personally.

• Like 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, jsbt said:

NLG's comments here perhaps went a little further over the line in a very generalized defense than they should've over a girl she watched grow up, but they were very tame compared to the night she drunk-tweeted through the Emmys and whined about Viola Davis. Nancy has been a lot better behaved, in my experience at least, since then. Yes, she feels some type of way about Pullos; yes, she could've been a bit less deflecting about criticism. But she wasn't out there saying 'how dare any of you attack my sweet summer child.' I can't fault her that much personally.

OMG.  I was online the night of Viola Davis.  She was acting the fool alright!  I told her, Nancy, you need to log off.  I am sure others told her the same.  What a mess.  And I actually like NLG, I really do, and I also see her as talented.  But boy she can get so messy on Twitter.  You're right tho, she's been a lot better since then.  But she still steps in it from time to time. 

Edit to say; it was a night my soap twitter and my political twitters crossed.  It's happened since (Ingo comes to mind) and it always feels weird to me.  

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I know I’m a cynical bitch, but why not soon after the accident? Why only when the story, with horrific pictures, went public?

I wondered about that too, that her father took her to the rehab place the day the pictures went public. Maybe it took time to get her a bed there, it's a pretty ritzy place with gourmet dining, a hot tub, yoga, horseback riding, fishing, beach access and other stuff. Or maybe I'm wishful thinking.

19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If Molly must be recast for a longer stint...this is just a fantasy, but if the show wants Kate Mansi as Kristina, bring Lexi back as Molly. Hey, if Michael Easton and Roger Howarth can play multiple characters...

If I were Lexi, I would not trust the show again under this management whether they wanted me to play Kristina or Molly. They would probably dump me again without a second thought the next time a new shiny thing showed up.

I'd also feel terrible if I took the role of my co-worker who had grown up on the show along with me.

• Like 4

Lexi Ainsworth just switching sibling roles after the better part of 20 years would be insane to me. Just wait and see if Mansi works out or not and if she doesn't, or (more likely) leaves for another opportunity sooner or later Lexi is likely to be invited back someday.

• Like 4
On 5/17/2023 at 7:00 PM, 30 Helens said:

Same here. She hasn’t really had a purpose in quite some time. How ironic that she was finally getting a storyline.  Although if Molly goes, TJ will probably go, too, and that will be a shame.

Not necessarily. He's Jordan's son so we would probably see him but even less than we already do now. Which is unfortunate as I think he's the more interesting character and they could do a lot with him.

14 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I read on another board he was showing off his new girlfriend on social media.  So, I guess they’re not together anymore.

Interesting I wonder if this led to her going off the deep end. I'm not excusing it but the timing is interesting.

• Useful 2
(edited)

I find the timing convenient of the rehab. Hours basically after TMZ and everything went public. Yet not April 30 or anytime between now and then. She gave statement to SOD even. 

The only reason she's doing this now is because of the media attention and her job on the line. Run to rehab before ABC fires her. 

NLG is a huge hypocrite. She'd attack others for drunk driving and done so, but defending this one.  She attacks over Covid vaccines but this she defends. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I find the timing convenient of the rehab. Hours basically after TMZ and everything went public. Yet not April 30 or anytime between now and then. She gave statement to SOD even. 

The only reason she's doing this now is because of the media attention and her job on the line. Run to rehab before ABC fires her. 

NLG is a huge hypocrite. She'd attack others for drunk driving and done so, but defending this one.  She attacks over Covid vaccines but this she defends. 

Yeah it’s not cynical to assume she’s only off to this celeb rehab because of the press, it’s just rational. I don’t hate this girl and I hope she gets her act together but she very likely ruined someone else’s life because of her selfish destructive behavior. Saying she wasn’t in control is meaningless- our legal system thankfully still finds culpability in those who chose to impair themselves. I hope this results in jail time because harsher sentences are the only way people will take this seriously. 

I was happy to see SB and Ingo go, but I can only imagine what NLG would be be saying if they had done this. So I agree she’s a hypocrite. 

Edited by Semiglued
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4

We should stop passing judgement. Haley was hospitalized also. Maybe her injuries prevented her from entering rehab immediately. Nor do we know exactly when she went into rehab.

I’ve been lucky and never lost anyone to drunk drinking, so as others have said, I can’t imagine how painful that is or how triggering it must be to hear of others drinking and driving. And this is no way trying to excuse her behavior or stupidity to get behind the wheel, but she isn’t the devil. She is only 24 years old. Hopefully this will be a wake up call and she gets help. A small amount of compassion never hurts. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
17 hours ago, Artsda said:

NLG is a huge hypocrite. She'd attack others for drunk driving and done so, but defending this one. 

She did not defend Haley— her tweet specifically said she does not condone the act. She simply asked for compassion, which is never a bad thing. 

It is very possible to despise what someone did while at the same time feeling compassion for that person, especially if it’s someone you know and love. Nothing hypocritical about that.

What Haley did was despicable. That’s inarguable. Does that mean she’s a terrible person? I can’t say, I don’t know her. Nancy clearly thinks she isn’t, and I think her tweet was just pushing back on those who feel inclined to judge the totality of a person they’ve never met.

Should she just keep her thoughts and feelings private? Probably. But so should everyone else on Twitter. And we know that’s never going to happen.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

She did not defend Haley— her tweet specifically said she does not condone the act. She simply asked for compassion, which is never a bad thing. 

It is very possible to despise what someone did while at the same time feeling compassion for that person, especially if it’s someone you know and love. Nothing hypocritical about that.

Agreed. This is not that deep.

What HP did is indefensible, and she's very lucky to be alive and to have (thus far) not killed anyone else. It's also clear she's an addict, she's not well, she's a very young woman and I am willing to have some sympathy for that and hope she gets the help she needs while looking harshly on her actions. I can walk and chew gum at the same time. I also don't need to clown Nancy for daring to have feelings for the young woman she's worked with since childhood. She is not out there attacking fans, denying Pullos' actions or blaming the victim.

There are plenty of times to clown a soap actor for being foolish online. I led the charge on here with Nancy that fateful night of the Emmys. This isn't one of them because she really hasn't done something terrible, unlike Pullos. Like, we really don't need to try to teach celebrities 'humility' everyday on forums they have no idea exist just because they empathized with a co-worker who's in a dark place. Nobody is watching.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I know I’m a cynical bitch, but why not soon after the accident? Why only when the story, with horrific pictures, went public?

I assume the delay was due to finding, then meeting with a lawyer, who probably advised her to enter rehab because it will help when it comes to sentencing. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Nancy clearly thinks she isn’t, and I think her tweet was just pushing back on those who feel inclined to judge the totality of a person they’ve never met.

Except that's all Nancy does to others. Judge, attack on twitter . Then she has   to apologize or delete after. Like Viola, like her drunk comments to Jack Wagner, like so much other drama she found herself in. She judged people she knew and worked with longer than Haley over  not getting a vaccine injection into their own body. 

If this was SB would she be asking for compassion or calling for his immediate lock up and throw away the key? She's a hypocrite. 

Yet she wants compassion for someone who if could afford 400 dollar shirt and that Malibu rehab could have got an uber. Haley showed no compassion for the person she hit, 2 accidents, a felony and almost killing someone who is alive, but look at those cars they could have so much other injuries we're not aware of. Plus the attack on the front line workers she physically assaulted. 

6 hours ago, ciarra said:

assume the delay was due to finding, then meeting with a lawyer, who probably advised her to enter rehab because it will help when it comes to sentencing. 

Hours after TMZ and all the media reported it? If she had time to give comments to SOD, she had time to go to a rehab or address what she did before it was public. She probably got advised by her agent or manager, run to rehab to save your career and image since she was outed by the press. The timing is too convenient. 

Hopefully she is actually going to take this seriously to get help and not doing this just because she was told. Because she'll come out and be no different. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 4

Look, the vaccine has become too political for me to even respond here the way I would like, because I would be the one to get banned.  I had no problem with her behavior regarding that is all I would say.  Now, Viola Davis and her drunk tweeting is a different matter.    I watched her Viola Davis meltdown happening in real time and was flabbergasted and I still can hardly believe she said that shit.  And that she didn't understand just how clueless it was. 

Oh and let me add, I don't give two SHITS about either Burton or Ingo.  Just because Ingo is really low, people like to forget about Burton and his clanging with his clown sidekick.  But I don't forget.  When people show you who they are...you know the rest. 

• Like 18
(edited)

Hopefully the other driver fully recovers and doesn’t have permanent injuries.  

I do judge HP harshly here as there’s no reason she needed to be driving herself in that state.  If she’s struggling with addiction, that’s sad but the other driver doesn’t deserve to suffer for it.  

That said, I don’t expect her friends and cast mates to scold her publicly or not feel bad for her if they think she’s got a problem.  Though I do see why people find it annoying NLG is urging “compassion” for everyone involved in the crash — a lot of people justifiably don’t feel like extending compassion beyond the badly injured other driver who was just a bystander, and are in no mood to feel lectured about it.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Like 3

Stephen A Smith has decided to devote more time to acting, because eventually, he wants to be recognized as “arguably the greatest talent in television history”.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/stephen-a-smith-recognized-arguably-greatest-television-talent-history.html 

🤣🤣 🤣

How does his head fit through the GH studio doors? And why has he never been Emmy nominated for his stellar work as Brick? It’s a travesty.

• LOL 18
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Stephen A Smith has decided to devote more time to acting, because eventually, he wants to be recognized as “arguably the greatest talent in television history”.

Would the people who don't watch ESPN and/or haven't been particularly impressed by his interpretation of the Brick character please raise their hands? 

• Like 6
On 5/5/2023 at 8:47 AM, ffwbe said:

LA’s video sounded diplomatic but I don’t think it was truly mutual. Her energy in that video doesn’t match that. It screams I was fired and don’t want to burn a bridge and rant about it. I wonder if she was even formally told about her exit or found out the role was being recast when a new one started taping. 

I don't think we will know if LA decided to move on in the same way that KMc did, fired or got sick of never getting any screen time. It feels the same with Ryan Carnes. Not really sure he left because he wanted to pursue other things or if it was the shit writing, or some combo. There was a ton the show could have done with her character (with Lucas) but choose not to. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Desperado said:

The Soap Opera Digest podcast interviewed Billy Warlock, former AJ.

I say interviewed lightly, because once he got started, he just told fun stories chronologically. 😁

He was a ski instructor and manager for many years, now retired on a golf course in Colorado.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-billy-warlock-guests-on-digests-podcast/

It's an excellent interview. And very educational on a number of things:

• BW was a last minute replacement for the original A.J. recast following Sean Kanan's firing. Whoever it was taped for a week but was deemed unsuitable, so Billy got handpicked by Barbara Bloom. He was not the choice of Wendy Riche or Bob Guza, who did not embrace him. He was never happy with the storylines in much of his run but loved the actors he worked with, up to and including Burton and Benard who used to apologize for having to bully him day in and day out onscreen. He was also very, very close with John Ingle and Stuart Damon, and was with Ingle the day he died.
  • When Billy returned in '05 GH wanted him back full-time, promising him the moon story-wise. Billy was in NYC at this point doing theater and was loath to return, but committed to a short run and says he was very happy with the writing at that time. Then DAYS offered him 'an ungodly amount of money' to return as Frankie Brady and stole him out from under GH, only for him to having nothing to do there.
  • Bob Guza later apologized to BW for having 'underestimated him' and not written for his talent.
  • Christopher Atkins from The Blue Lagoon, of all people, auditioned for A.J. along with Billy in the late '90s!
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2

I never felt like BW was a great fit for AJ but he sounds like a good guy bts. 

No matter who played him, Alan and Monica's only bio child should still be on the canvas.  I will always be mad about it. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I always liked BW in the role, but it's Sean Kanan for me from now on. He reinvigorated the part and made him a major player again, for the brief moment before the production team decided they hated him too.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2

I'll never understand why the show had it in for AJ the way it did. It was not entertaining to watch him get continually shit on by every single character on the show. We think Tracy is badly treated by her family—AJ never ever got a break from anyone.

It's nice that MB apologized to BW for having to bully him every day. That's got to take its toll, especially if you like your screen partner.

• Like 16
  • Love 2

Well, we already knew she was in big trouble.

Though I dispute the caller's assertion that you can tell what kind of person someone is when they're drunk. I've known a couple of truly awful, evil people who were sloppy, sentimental drunks. 

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Though I dispute the caller's assertion that you can tell what kind of person someone is when they're drunk.

I think that was pretty dumb. 

I'm also not really sure that HP knew which way was up or down by the time she was taken out of her car.

• Like 6
On 5/28/2023 at 1:02 PM, dubbel zout said:

I'll never understand why the show had it in for AJ the way it did. It was not entertaining to watch him get continually shit on by every single character on the show. We think Tracy is badly treated by her family—AJ never ever got a break from anyone.

It's nice that MB apologized to BW for having to bully him every day. That's got to take its toll, especially if you like your screen partner.

I think Lois was the only one that liked him and Jason Q I guess. However yes he got the brunt of it from everyone else.

• Like 1
On 5/28/2023 at 3:48 PM, YaddaYadda said:

First of all, I was wondering what happened to Nancy Grace not too long ago. Obviously she's still peddling the cheap outrage. I'm not excusing this crime at all, but when these two are feigning confusion about how they can't believe she did this, and then this, and then had that kind of attitude -- obviously the same inebriation is going to be at play with all of it.

• Useful 1
On 5/27/2023 at 9:53 PM, jsbt said:

It's an excellent interview. And very educational on a number of things:

• BW was a last minute replacement for the original A.J. recast following Sean Kanan's firing. Whoever it was taped for a week but was deemed unsuitable, so Billy got handpicked by Barbara Bloom. He was not the choice of Wendy Riche or Bob Guza, who did not embrace him. He was never happy with the storylines in much of his run but loved the actors he worked with, up to and including Burton and Benard who used to apologize for having to bully him day in and day out onscreen. He was also very, very close with John Ingle and Stuart Damon, and was with Ingle the day he died.
  • When Billy returned in '05 GH wanted him back full-time, promising him the moon story-wise. Billy was in NYC at this point doing theater and was loath to return, but committed to a short run and says he was very happy with the writing at that time. Then DAYS offered him 'an ungodly amount of money' to return as Frankie Brady and stole him out from under GH, only for him to having nothing to do there.
  • Bob Guza later apologized to BW for having 'underestimated him' and not written for his talent.
  • Christopher Atkins from The Blue Lagoon, of all people, auditioned for A.J. along with Billy in the late '90s!

It's telling that the nickname for Guza and his writing partner at the time was "The Boys". Might as well have spelled it with a "Z".

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 5/29/2023 at 6:23 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Lois was the only one that liked him and Jason Q I guess. However yes he got the brunt of it from everyone else.

I guess Hannah Scott was pretty peripheral in the scheme of things, as a failed Sonny love interest who hung around for a little while after Carly "won" Sonny, but she liked him. They tried to salvage Hannah by putting her in a triangle with Taggert and AJ. I'll never forget AJ's gift to Hannah: a gorilla bumping and grinding to Prince's "Kiss" right in the middle of the police station. (A guy in a gorilla suit, I mean. Or was it AJ himself in the gorilla suit?) 

• LOL 4

It's so sad about Tyler. I was encouraged by his appearance on Mo's dumb show and thought he sounded very honest, clear and committed to getting well. I even entertained his return in the future. It seems he still has a long way to go.

58 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I'll never forget AJ's gift to Hannah: a gorilla bumping and grinding to Prince's "Kiss" right in the middle of the police station.

What!!

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

It's so sad about Tyler. I was encouraged by his appearance on Mo's dumb show and thought he sounded very honest, clear and committed to getting well. I even entertained his return in the future. It seems he still has a long way to go.

Me too.  I really had hoped he could return and that he was doing really well.  So sad.  Addiction is such a tough thing to really beat. 

• Like 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, dear: Tyler Christopher was arrested again for public intoxication at an airport.

He's really had a struggle with alcoholism, poor guy.

I am relieved he at least was taking a nap and not behind the wheel.

However I do wonder if Jackie's death may have caused a relapse. I think that was the last thing he posted on his IG.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, dear: Tyler Christopher was arrested again for public intoxication at an airport.

He's really had a struggle with alcoholism, poor guy.

That's so sad. I hope he re-commits to sobriety.

I know some still hope for him to return, but frankly, the level of his addiction - for me - makes me believe acting may not be the right path for him.

Whatever the case, I hope things improve for him.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

They tried to salvage Hannah by putting her in a triangle with Taggert and AJ. I'll never forget AJ's gift to Hannah: a gorilla bumping and grinding to Prince's "Kiss" right in the middle of the police station.

13 hours ago, jsbt said:

What!!

Indeed. Here's some detail from the Soap Central recap. It's another good example of the music they would pay to license in those days.  

Hannah.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2023 at 4:05 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I know some still hope for him to return, but frankly, the level of his addiction - for me - makes me believe acting may not be the right path for him.

That was definitely my opinion based on his very candid interview with Maurice a while back. He seemed very clearheaded and honest about his limits and triggers, and it sounded to me like TC also didn't think he should be working in the business any time soon for the good of his recovery. In its own way, however naive, that honest appraisal of himself encouraged me to think he could return someday when he was in a better and more solid lasting place. Now that may be shot for good, who knows. I just hope he gets well.

19 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Indeed. Here's some detail from the Soap Central recap.  

I definitely do not remember this and I was watching at the time. Amazing.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1

I was going to joke that an airport is the only place where it's understandable if you do get messily drunk. But, yeah -- sleeping on the floor and "not being able to care for himself" (which sounds like it might be code for pissing himself again) is a bridge too far. I feel so bad about this. I hope it's just a temporary detour. He's got a nice little thing going with his disaster movies and what sounds like a very supportive family.

• Like 4
On 5/28/2023 at 10:02 AM, dubbel zout said:

At least Tracy gets the good lines (although for all I know the writers just type in "Tracy says something clever" and let Jane Elliot do the work); after a certain point AJ never got to win anything, even a dialogue exchange with another character.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, giovannif7 said:

Yeah I just saw that…wasn’t he a lawyer? I watched AMC back in the 70s so I only know his name, and that he was married (along with almost every other man in Pine Valley) to Erica.

EXCLUSIVE: WALT WILLEY TO GH!

June 5, 2023 1:47PM

Digest has learned that ALL MY CHILDREN alum Walt Willey will be doing a stint on GH in July. During his appearance in Port Charles, he will reprise the role of Jackson Montgomery, his Pine Valley persona from 1987-2011. Willey has done one other ABC crossover as Jack, playing the part on THE CITY in 1996.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1