Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Lindsey Pearlman was found dead. They say she was an actress on GH, and she looks vaguely familiar, but I can't place her.

She apparently was on a couple of episodes in 2020 as Maggie McMorris

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, Jma14 said:

That quote is about Nina not Sonny. 

Thanks.  My bad.  Just jumped the gun that being an unrepentant violent criminal is worse than what Nina did.  The mental gymnastics necessary to watch this character - to say nothing about his current lack of easy on the eyes... .

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, tessaray said:

She's beautiful but sheesh... she isn't even old enough to have been Tajh's babysitter.

Seriously! She looks like she should be playing TJ's sister, not his mother.

I typed that sentence before looking up her age. She's 36! And looks younger than that! I know soaps can play fast and loose with this sort of thing, but for chrissake. There are plenty of talented 40-something Black actresses, come on.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, tessaray said:

She's beautiful but sheesh... she isn't even old enough to have been Tajh's babysitter.

Per google, she’s 36. All of the the Jordan actresses have been too young to play TJ’s mother. Technically, she’s older than BNH but it’s awkward to always have her playing older because they’ll tie the character to men in that same age range. I’m assuming this is the reason Portia/Curtis suddenly decided to move in together. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Seriously! She looks like she should be playing TJ's sister, not his mother.

I typed that sentence before looking up her age. She's 36! And looks younger than that! I know soaps can play fast and loose with this sort of thing, but for chrissake. There are plenty of talented 40-something Black actresses, come on.

I guess you didn’t yesterday’s news: 35-year-old Emmy Rossum will play 25-year-old Tom Holland’s MOTHER.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Artsda said:

TJ is a doctor isn't he? He's old enough to be a doctor and she's 36? 

She had him at 13 like on The Resident.

I love Whoopi’s question about Celeste being Montana’s mother: did she have her when she was five? Ten? 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Jessie Royce Landis was only 8 years older than Cary Grant when she played his mother in North by Northwest. But that was just a movie so it was easier to get away from.

Sally Field went from playing Tom Hanks's love interest in 1988 to playing his mother in 1994. There's about ten years between them.

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Briana Nicole Henry is now 30 and Vinessa Antoine is now 38.  So this is the oldest Jordan they have casted yet.

What? Briana Nicole Henry was born in 1992!?! And Tahj Bellow in 1995!?! I remember thinking she was too young to play his mother, but that's ridiculous! Tequan Richmond (TJ2) is only a month younger than her!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I wonder about that 1992 DOB for Briana Nicole Henry. I know that's what all the usual places list, but someone on another site claimed to have found other info that she was born in 1986. It wouldn't be the first time an actor shaved years off. She started on GH in 2018, and I'd have guessed 32 then more than 26.

But who knows...there are people who don't appear their age in one direction or another. 

WR made a big deal out of cleaning out his personal area on the set last time. Sure, guy.

I'd feel more hopeful if Peter were in WEB custody. Then he could escape in a few years and terrorize me again. If he just disappears now, he could come back at any minute.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, DanaK said:

His choice apparently. He wasn’t there for very long this time around

I feel badly about this because the actor is actually pretty good if only he could have had a decent storyline.  I don’t blame him for wanting to leave. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Good.  Honestly, not sure why the character was brought back at all.  He was a mob flunky/apologist and the show has too many of them as it is.

Considering what we've read about the track record of TPTB, I wouldn't bet a lot of money, but I'd bet a little that  he might have come back because he'd been led to believe that he'd be involved in an exciting new story that involved him becoming the owner of the newspaper. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

Nothing against Sean Blakemore, he's a very good looking man and a talented actor. He's in the high end of talent at GH. But his character sucks ass.

The way they handled their "social justice" storyline was terrible and at the end of the day, it amounted to nothing. He bought a paper, but we did not see him work at this new job. They didn't even bother giving him an office. 

His return was an epic fail. I think it sucks for the actor who probably signed his contract in good faith. 

• Love 10
On 2/23/2022 at 11:26 PM, statsgirl said:

Jessie Royce Landis was only 8 years older than Cary Grant when she played his mother in North by Northwest. But that was just a movie so it was easier to get away from.

Depending on which source you believe, they may have been even closer in age than that— maybe just a few months apart. But that is not uncommon in Hollywood, where women over 30 are considered crones. Even Angelina Jolie can’t escape that— she once played Collin Farrell’s mother, despite being just a year older.

I guess GH should get some credit for still portraying some of its 50+ actresses (Maura West, Laura Wright for example) as sexually viable. But there’s no reason they couldn’t have found an actress in her 40s to play Jordan. Aside from being TJ’s mom, she’s also Police Commissioner— a job both previous actresses also seemed ridiculously young for.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Why in the world would these writers decide to make Sasha use drugs again?! Do we really need this story again?

I think the writers will try anything to make the actress/character interesting. She did is good job with the baby death storyline but other than that she hasn’t taken off in the least. I find it so odd they’ve kept her on this long. She isn’t apart of a legacy family or any family at all. She doesn’t have any chemistry with Brando either. Usually, daytime will cut an actor if it isn’t working out storyline wise or popularly wise. I don’t really see that she has either of these. At least, Willow has been lucky to have been sucked into the Quartermaine world. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Why in the world would these writers decide to make Sasha use drugs again?!

Because the show has been creatively bankrupt for years. Why write something new and interesting when you can recycle the same old crap?

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

She isn’t apart of a legacy family or any family at all.

Thank goodness. One of the bigger problems on this show is that everyone is somehow related. You have to have outsiders every so often to keep the gene pool somewhat varied.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Thank goodness. One of the bigger problems on this show is that everyone is somehow related. You have to have outsiders every so often to keep the gene pool somewhat varied.

IA on principle but you have to work on giving these characters strong non-familial ties to the canvas and honestly, the actor has to have a ton of charisma for people to care about them since being a popular character’s offspring gives them an automatic base of fans. I just don’t think the Sasha is that interesting of a character. She should have stayed a con artist but I suspect that they whitewashed her for Michael because all of his gfs are bland when they’re with him. Even Kiki and Nelle were to an extent until the pairings ended. 

• Love 4

Just making them a part of an existing family isn't enough, though. Whither Valerie? Her being a Spencer did nothing for her. She could have had an affair with Dante regardless. The writers expect the audience to do all the work when they bring in new family members, and that's not fair. It's also beyond lazy. They're getting paid to do a job, and they're not doing it.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, dbklmt said:

General Hospital's James Patrick Stuart: "Happy to Report Valentin Will be Back in March"

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2022/02/28/general-hospitals-james-patrick-stuart-happy-to-report-valentin-will-be-back-in-march

Where is Valentine, on the show? Is he still in a hospital bed? Otherwise it's odd (in terms of in-show logic) that he hasn't been part of the Peter-is-dead news network.

• Love 2

Funny coincidence. I think. Was watching the movie "Foul Play" from 1978 with Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn. Her landlord had some kind of a pet snake and he called it Esme! And our Esme character so far has been pretty much of a sneaky snake!

• LOL 5