Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

This is LVP's Achilles heel she claims gang up when in fact she does not have  unanimous support.   The others may have been  allowing Lisar and Eileen to present they did not necessarily agree with them and the time had come when the conversation needed to be finished without a bunch of people weighing in.  Kathryn was the voice of reason with her claim both  Lisas had their own perception.

She claims gang up because it seems these women can't find any courage unless they're in a large group where they can all throw their daggers at the same time. Whether she's guilty of what she's being accused of or not, it is by definition 'being ganged up' on, lol.

• Love 10

Was it just me or did anyone notice that Erikas attitude completely changed towards LisaR, once she figured our LisaR was about to feud with LisaV over Yolanda. After that she really softened up to her. She mistakenly thought it was going to be us against Vanderpump.

LisaR is the one STILL questioning Yolandas illness( which I was all for) but lets not pretend she is being manipulated to do it. While watching it my husband was constantly saying who is this woman and why does she keep bringing drama up with everyone. I answered she has pretty much said she'll do whatever for a buck, so that is what she is doing. She is classless, self-centered, dumb and annoying and what I expect someone who has survived in Hollywood this long as a c list celeb to be.

• Love 9

I think Kyle screwed LVP here. She was badmouthing her early in the season about bringing up other people's uncomfortable topics but never opening up about herself and last night threw her under the bus while tearfully admitting that she loves LVP, so she accepts her abuse because she has bigger things in life to deal with like her sisters.  Kyle was a great victim last night. "Don't run away LVP! We love you and aren't ganging up on you! You were trying to throw me under the bus like Bobby Fisher, but I put a stop to it 5 months ago and forgave you and moved on! So stay! And face Rinna and Eileen now!" All Kyle had to say to Rinna was, "LVP and I never talked about Munchhausen." If Kyle had moved on with LVP 5 months ago, why is she feeding such a hungry hungry Rinna?

Kyle knows that Lisa V is weaker than she seems (all narcissists are actually covering for a fragile sense of self) and is willing to put up with Lisa, in spite of the manipulative behavior Kyle and most of the women now see. My question is, why? Is Kyle just so used to dysfunction and her role of caring for this kind of woman - or is there a long game going on? Previews for next week show Kyle telling Lisa not to lie - should be interesting.
  • Love 5

Was it just me or did anyone notice that Erikas attitude completely changed towards LisaR, once she figured our LisaR was about to feud with LisaV over Yolanda. After that she really softened up to her. She mistakenly thought it was going to be us against Vanderpump.

LisaR is the one STILL questioning Yolandas illness( which I was all for) but lets not pretend she is being manipulated to do it. While watching it my husband was constantly saying who is this woman and why does she keep bringing drama up with everyone. I answered she has pretty much said she'll do whatever for a buck, so that is what she is doing. She is classless, self-centered, dumb and annoying and what I expect someone who has survived in Hollywood this long as a c list celeb to be.

I totally saw the change in Erika as well though Kathryn's blog suggests that both her and Erika kept looking at each other bewildered by what was going on. Doesn't mean that Erika wasn't soaking it all up inside but it's also possible that in that moment she was trying to be sympathetic to Rinna after she had that moment where Rinna seemed receptive to giving Erika and Kathryn a fair chance in the group.

• Love 3

I've certainly complained about wanting more luxury over drama, but I agree with you that the drama is integral to the HW shows and also to their success. NY is generally more fun to watch the drama unfold, IMO, because the NY ladies are generally wittier with their banter and their feuds move a lot faster. 

I feel like everything is so entrenched on BH. The constantly shifting alliances (often in the same episode!) is what makes NY's drama a lot more palatable to me. Sometimes in BH, it just feels like everyone's keeping score even after the cameras stop rolling, and that's a lot less enjoyable to watch to me. I just wish the BH ladies could move on quicker and had a little bit more sense of humor about their spats. Like when the women tossed the ice bucket on Ramona in Turks and Caicos. Everyone, even Ramona, had a laugh about it. You'd be hard pressed to see LVP or Yo laughing off the other women pranking them. We saw bits and pieces of that when the BH were in Palm Springs a few seasons ago with their drunken dancing at the house and water-throwing at a spa, and I'd like to see more of that.

I agree except that we have seen LisaV and Kyle acting all goofy and not getting upset with anyone over stuff like that since season 1. I don't think we have seen Yolanda, Erika, LisaR, Kathryn or Eileen just goofing around at all. Almost forgot, Yolanda in the golf cart races on the Ojai trip a couple of seasons ago but nothing since.

• Love 9

I totally saw the change in Erika as well though Kathryn's blog suggests that both her and Erika kept looking at each other bewildered by what was going on. Doesn't mean that Erika wasn't soaking it all up inside but it's also possible that in that moment she was trying to be sympathetic to Rinna after she had that moment where Rinna seemed receptive to giving Erika and Kathryn a fair chance in the group.

Erika's attitude toward LisaR totally changed when she and Eileen were off on their own and Eileen was filling her in on what LisaR told her. I noticed that Kathryn didn't want to engage in gossip with LisaR at the spa and we didn't hear LisaV/Kyle doing it at the sea lion meet/kiss outing. The only ones gossiping about the others were Erika and Eileen with each other and LisaR trying to but getting shut down by Kathryn. 3 of them were enjoying their experiences that day and the other 3 were talking smack about LiasV.  I also noticed that no one addressed LisaV when she and Kyle came to dinner that night, not 1 of them, they all complimented Kyle and said Hi to her but not 1 word to LisaV at all.

• Love 17

As with any fight during a HW outing/season? Alliances change and friendships are tested.

The people that sit on the sidelines are not getting involved or looking for a side to align with or will wait to align with the side that wins.

I don't put too much trust into the ever changing groups because they all will turn on each other, it's the way of the housewife? So, whatever pairs, threesomes, sides there are today? Next week they will change and we all will end up scratching our heads thinking, "what the fuck was THAT all about?"

• Love 3

I'm really, really tired of Lisa Rinna's feelings.  I'm also tired of Eileen and her this-is-not-fully-resolved bullshit.  Those two ruined this trip.  I would be so pissed if I were one of the others.  What a waste of a trip to Dubai.

• Love 21

I can script this show now:  Round 1: The women sit down for dinner.   Round 2: During a lull in the conversation, out of nowhere, Lisa Rinna brings up Munchesuan and Yolanda for the 30000th time.  Back and forth, blah blah blah until Eileen Davidson yells "Hamptons"!!!!! for the 30000th to signal the start of round 3 at which point I throw something at my TV.

This mess has to be production driven, because I can't believe the two of them are this ridiculous.

Don't forget Round 4 where Lisa V says she thinks any number of animals are sexy:  from dogs to falcons to swans to seals to camels or that they make her feel romantic.  Round 5 where Kyle cries and croaks a sad, sad story, or Round 6 where Erica tells us how fabulous she is.

• Love 5

i give up with this storyline. I can't follow anymore what Rinna is claiming anymore. She's shifting the goal post to take heat off of herself. LVP and Kyle never denied questioning what exactly was wrong with Yolanda. She's trying to use their doubts and tie it into the Manchusen thing but that was all her.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I give up too. I must be stupid because I don't even understand what Lisar is so upset about other than pot stirring for a storyline.

i give up with this storyline. I can't follow anymore what Rinna is claiming anymore. She's shifting the goal post to take heat off of herself. LVP and Kyle never denied questioning what exactly was wrong with Yolanda. She's trying to use their doubts and tie it into the Manchusen thing but that was all her.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I give up too. I must be stupid because I don't even understand what Lisar is so upset about other than pot stirring for a storyline.
  • Love 6

I think it comes down to what some call a "pile on" or a "gang up" re Lisa V because she twists the truth when individual woman confront her, leaving them confused and looking for others to say they're not imagining things. Then they share their own experiences and confront Lisa together so she can't spin it so easily - but it doesn't work because she shuts down, pretending to be a victim.

• Love 5

She claims gang up because it seems these women can't find any courage unless they're in a large group where they can all throw their daggers at the same time. Whether she's guilty of what she's being accused of or not, it is by definition 'being ganged up' on, lol.

Well LVP is the one who claims she wants it on camera and apparently advised Lisar of the same causing her to vomit up the Munchausen's statement.  After Yolanda's group e-mail. Lisar's failed attempt to get LVP to fess up, and the rest of the nonsense, LVP needs to see she had two adversaries (Eileen and Rinna) two neutral (Kathryn and Erika) and one supporter (Kyle).  The fact there is an audience is different than a gang-up. 

Ken and LVP had ZERO issues sitting around the SUR table telling, and counting Brandi's supporters to Michael and Joyce.  Talk about a really tasteless display.  Ken tried the same crap in Puerto Rico and again there were three adversaries (Brandi, Kim and Yolanda) two fact finders (Mauricio and Kyle) and finally two supporters Michael and Joyce and Ken sat there incorrectly counting. 

I just think it is time for LVP to make a definitive statement why she skirts the truth and at the same time assert her position regarding apologies. 

• Love 4

I think Kyle screwed LVP here. She was badmouthing her early in the season about bringing up other people's uncomfortable topics but never opening up about herself and last night threw her under the bus while tearfully admitting that she loves LVP, so she accepts her abuse because she has bigger things in life to deal with like her sisters.  Kyle was a great victim last night. "Don't run away LVP! We love you and aren't ganging up on you! You were trying to throw me under the bus like Bobby Fisher, but I put a stop to it 5 months ago and forgave you and moved on! So stay! And face Rinna and Eileen now!" All Kyle had to say to Rinna was, "LVP and I never talked about Munchhausen." If Kyle had moved on with LVP 5 months ago, why is she feeding such a hungry hungry Rinna?

This is a really good point, jinjer.   Why is she feeding such a hungry, hungry Rinna, indeed. I hadn't looked at it like that. She COULD have easily protected LisaV by not saying anything.  But she fed the hippo.

Kyle keeps forgiving LisaV for the sake of their super fun, speshul friendship. I was almost feeling sorry for her.  I mean, why (unless you're desperate or afraid) would you remain friends with someone who has lied to you and tried to sabotage your relationships?  There ARE people in the world who won't do to you what LisaV has done to Kyle.

It doesn't matter to me how often someone says they love you - doesn't trust have to factor in somewhere?  And I don't think either one of them really trusts the other.  How could they when they both know what the other is really all about? 

• Love 4

We all know the drama on these shows is manufactured, so my following commentary applies to real life vs. Real Housewife life...

When someone offends you by word or by action, and you let that person know in a mature manner that you were offended, there are only a limited number of scenarios to play out...

1) the offender can offer a sincere apology, "I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings.  It wasn't my intention, but I can see how it affected you. I hope you accept my apology & please know I won't do/say that again.".  The offended party can either accept or reject this.

2) the offender can offer a lame non-apology, a la "I'm sorry if you felt that way" or "I'm sorry you misunderstood...". The offended party can either accept or reject this type of apology too. 

3) the offender can choose not to apologize at all.  Again, this is on the offended party to accept or reject.

But if you choose accept it, move the fuck on, and do not rehash the past. You can not have a do-over and demand a new & improved "I'm sorry". You cannot make people apologize in a custom designed manner to meet your specific criteria.  People either know how to apologize with empathy and sincerity or they don't.  If someone builds a reputation of being an insincere (or non-) apologist, then, again it Is you who is in the position to make a choice. You either deal with it or you disengage if you can't tolerate that in a friend/acquaintance. Do not expect constant haranguing over getting the apology you think you are "owed" is going to change the other person's response.  It won't.  Ever.

This is what I was taught by my mother and it is what I have passed on to my daughter.  It would save a shit-load of unnecessary drama and resentment if people could figure out the only behavior you have control over is your own.

Your mother is one smart cookie. It really is that simple.

• Love 1

I am so done with this season. What are they all fighting about? I can't figure it out and I don't even remember what caused Eileen's beef. Holy hell.

I would rather have seen an entire hour of LisaV's golden retrievers romping around her yard.

• Love 9

Although it's sad, it makes me kinda happy that I don't have a lot of female friends, if this is what it's all about.

It's not.  I just wrote, above, that there are people who don't treat others the way that LisaV and Kyle treat others and each other.  I've got friendships that are 20+ years old that have never gone through the bickering and backstabbing bullshit that these 'friends' go through.  Ever. 

I understand how you feel and think this is what Erica is alluding to when she says she doesn't have a lot of female friends.  But good friends are out there.  I've just never seen a true friendship between HWs. Heather and Carole from NY come close.

• Love 5

I think I've found the fun in this fight for me.  To me it's all predicated on Rinna's fear that people will sympathize with Yolanda and therefore she'd be a villain for questioning her.  Hence all the "I'll take you down with me" stuff, like they're all going to face wrath for using the M-word.  

Might partly be fear of viewer reaction, and partly fear of real-world impact.  Although it seems like the real world is gossiping so they wouldn't be all that terrible for doing it too, even though they'd have added authority as people who "know" Yolanda.  Point is, I wonder if things would have played out differently if the season somehow filmed and aired live so that Rinna could see how many of us aren't automatically Team Yolanda because she's sick.

The weird part for me is- all these women who complain should realize that while Vanderpump may not pick their favorite topics she's giving them possible character development and storylines. Eileen was pretty unknown as an actual person after her first season, still kind of is, and Vanderpump asked a question that could've helped with that.  Same with the questions she asked of Erika- they help us get to know people.  It's kind of a favor.  A fucked-up favor, maybe (depends how they play it back) but it helps them earn a paycheck.  And really, doesn't it have to be a little twisted/negative to make it to air?

I guess it's clicking why I can't get all agitated about Vanderpump.  She's manipulative, she lies about it, imho, but it seems to be without any malice, or even pleasure at watching the results after she winds people up.  I can't get hot and bothered about the behavior without that dark, nasty edge.

Good on Kyle for showing some actual growth (thus far).  That's rare on a reality show, usually people go the other direction.

• Love 6

Although it's sad, it makes me kinda happy that I don't have a lot of female friends, if this is what it's all about.

I 'grew up' in a predominately female work place and I have more female friends than male friends. But when I hung with the guys?After a while, spitting, crotch scratching, plumber's ass, raunchy jokes, farting and making kissy noises at women got old.

A good catfight, home made cookies or a soft shoulder to rest my head on isn't a bad alternative?

• Love 3
Frankly, if Lisa saying "When did you know you were in love?" brought on the pain and shame blah blah...wasn't there also happiness then and since? If your first recollection of your longtime husband is of a completely dark period in your life, lady, that's on you.

bette+davis+amen.gif?token=DMNZRs6Ad85r4

• Love 11

I love that our recappers are just as confused as the rest of us.  I really have no idea what LVP is supposed to be guilty of doing. Or why Rinna is so "enraged" about it. I would have to be deaf, dumb and stupid not to know what ED is pissed about because she has brought it up so, so many times. LVP may not ever admit it when she's wrong but she did apologize and she has not brought it up again but ED has, over and over. Tiresome.  I really don't know what ED is expecting of LVP. It was not a secret that LVP let loose on the world. It was fairly common knowledge. (Thanks Brandi!) I think ED still carries (and probably should) some shame about it but it was a long time ago and no one except the ones involved really give a good damn about it. IMO. Thirsty woman. I suspect her hubby is stepping out and she's overly sensitive. JMO

• Love 11

No judgment on those who have or would, but I would never vacation in Dubai.  As someone pointed out last week, the conspicuous consumption is obscene.  But even worse is their record on human rights - women, gays, and immigrants.  No thanks.

I was worried that the camels would suffocate behind their muzzles.  I assume that's to prevent them from spitting on the wealthy tourists.

"It's her word against mine." Those words uttered have never inspired in me confidence from the person speaking them. I don't know; I just tend to classify that phrase as one a liar would use, so, yanno, Lisa Vanderpump...

I agree.  It's only a step away from "prove it".

• Love 11

Well LVP is the one who claims she wants it on camera and apparently advised Lisar of the same causing her to vomit up the Munchausen's statement.  After Yolanda's group e-mail. Lisar's failed attempt to get LVP to fess up, and the rest of the nonsense, LVP needs to see she had two adversaries (Eileen and Rinna) two neutral (Kathryn and Erika) and one supporter (Kyle).  The fact there is an audience is different than a gang-up. 

Ken and LVP had ZERO issues sitting around the SUR table telling, and counting Brandi's supporters to Michael and Joyce.  Talk about a really tasteless display.  Ken tried the same crap in Puerto Rico and again there were three adversaries (Brandi, Kim and Yolanda) two fact finders (Mauricio and Kyle) and finally two supporters Michael and Joyce and Ken sat there incorrectly counting. 

I just think it is time for LVP to make a definitive statement why she skirts the truth and at the same time assert her position regarding apologies. 

I don't think either LisaV or Kyle knew that LisaR was going to say Munchausen before filming. I do believe that LisaR did that all on her own at that lunch at LisaV's house. LisaV's blog is interesting and it looks like the reunion will be explosive and include texts that LisaR sent to both LisaV and Kyle and according to LisaV, there was more texting between Kyle and LisaR than those to her.

From LisaV's blog.....

"A text had been sent from LR (I bring this up at the reunion), to Kyle and I that was extremely aggressive towards YF, questioning why YF wouldn't go to NY to see her kids in a fashion show but could go to accept an award for Lyme, a rant that was asking for a response as she was unduly concerned in regard to YF's choices. It seems much enrages LR that has little to do with her, as we have seen in regard to YF not being present at the disastrous EJ dinner. She stated she was "enraged" by that, she was also enraged by a picture with YF and BG at lunch. Nt a lot "enrages" me, so go figure.

I responded I had no thoughts I was willing to share with her, as she would accuse me of "manipulating" her, LOL. I was being sarcastic but really didn't feel comfortable engaging in this tone of conversation with LR. She responded, "I can only be manipulated if I am manipulable, and I want your thoughts." I curtly responded, "OK you want my thoughts?...I don't like this one iota." And that is when everything shifted between LR and me. I believe when I chose not to support LR’s accusations against Yolanda, she then began targeting me. Kyle also defended YF as she was also still included in the group text. I have to say LR should've been grateful I had such loyalty to her and didn't show YF the lengthy text which was pretty nasty and unfairly judgemental."

Interesting and if true, damming to LisaR.

• Love 13

Don't forget Round 4 where Lisa V says she thinks any number of animals are sexy:  from dogs to falcons to swans to seals to camels or that they make her feel romantic.  Round 5 where Kyle cries and croaks a sad, sad story, or Round 6 where Erica tells us how fabulous she is.

Round 7 where Yoyo chastises everybody once again for not supporting her through her never ending Munchausen-frausen journey and not donating enough money to her bitchy dying euro-trash friend before saying that she has to go back and make the next day's spoons with daisy. Round 8 where nosey parker Eileen announces everybody needs closure over some imagined slight but she is gonna once again beat a dead dog to a bloody pulp whining about  Lisa V and her apology. Round 9 where Ken shows up with Giggy. Round 10  Kim and Brandi sneak on to the set bent on stealing half drunk glasses of alcohol and shaking the last drops of from empty bottles but are chased off by rent a cops.

• Love 10

I guess it's clicking why I can't get all agitated about Vanderpump.  She's manipulative, she lies about it, imho, but it seems to be without any malice, or even pleasure at watching the results after she winds people up.  I can't get hot and bothered about the behavior without that dark, nasty edge.

I think you may have hit on something?

She really doesn't have any reaction to any of the tussles - more often than not? She's taken up the chair near the side door - an easy exit and can say that she didn't know what was going on after she left?  We don't know what goes on or how they act after the cameras leave. I am thinking that there might be another side to some of the HWs that we don't get to see or that they are able to separate?

• Love 4

My complaint is Eileen doesn't want resolution she wants capitulation and humiliation for LVP or pretty much anyone else she is at odds with.

Contrarily, I feel that Eileen was publicly humiliated by Lisa Vanderpump's out of line questioning in front of a camera to be seen all over the civilized world. This wasn't merely an error on Lisa V's part, it was planned and very intentional. No matter what Eileen feels about people feeding on the details of her affair with Vince while she was still married, the fact is that Lisa Vanderpump took it upon herself to reveal these details to the world. Sorry, but that's just wrong. To make matters worse, Lisa Vanderpump really didn't apologize to Eileen. What she said is 'I apologize for asking too many questions', she followed with a chuckle. That is not an apology, that's a backhanded way to avoid taking responsibility for distasteful behavior. Eileen was offended and all she needed was a genuine apology. Lisa Vanderpump kept saying 'it wasn't a big deal, it was out there'.

If Lisa Vanderpump really wanted to offer a heartfelt and sincere apology it would have gone something like this. "Eileen, I'm so sorry that I asked pointed questions that intruded into your private life. It was mean and I intentionally did it  to cast a negative and derogatory shadow on your character intentionally. I'm truly sorry and will never do that to you ever again."   See? THAT would be a real apology.

• Love 6

Did Rinna say she's known Lisa for twenty-six years? I didn't think the VP-Todds had been in California that long

I think she was talking about Eileen, which would make sense since they've been acting in soaps or on TV shows that long.

• Love 2

My complaint is Eileen doesn't want resolution she wants capitulation and humiliation for LVP or pretty much anyone else she is at odds with.

Contrarily, I feel that Eileen was publicly humiliated by Lisa Vanderpump's out of line questioning in front of a camera to be seen all over the civilized world. This wasn't merely an error on Lisa V's part, it was planned and very intentional. No matter what Eileen feels about people feeding on the details of her affair with Vince while she was still married, the fact is that Lisa Vanderpump took it upon herself to reveal these details to the world. Sorry, but that's just wrong. To make matters worse, Lisa Vanderpump really didn't apologize to Eileen. What she said is 'I apologize for asking too many questions', she followed with a chuckle. That is not an apology, that's a backhanded way to avoid taking responsibility for distasteful behavior. Eileen was offended and all she needed was a genuine apology. Lisa Vanderpump kept saying 'it wasn't a big deal, it was out there'.

If Lisa Vanderpump really wanted to offer a heartfelt and sincere apology it would have gone something like this. "Eileen, I'm so sorry that I asked pointed questions that intruded into your private life. It was mean and I intentionally did it  to cast a negative and derogatory shadow on your character. I'm truly sorry and will never do that to you ever again."   See? THAT would be a real apology.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 6

I think she was talking about Eileen, which would make sense since they've been acting in soaps or on TV shows that long.

No, LisaV and LisaR have know each other for that long. I would call them "real" friends but that they were "friendly" with each other. I think LisaV has known her longer than Kyle has known LisaR.

• Love 1

So I spent a lot of time confused about exactly what LisaR was accusing everyone of. From what I understand...everyone was talking about Yolanda’s illness, including Lisa and Kyle. <snip for space>

Sister Magpie, that was masterfully done.

• Love 2

Eileen and her decade old affair is just not that interesting enough to generate any kind of visceral response in me, let alone righteous indignation on her behalf for LVP's "sorry, not sorry" fauxpology.

I'm ashamed she has the same name as my mother..........

Try growing up with a dad named "jesus".

That is a total mindfuck - you'd think the nuns would have cut me some slack?

• Love 5

Interesting and if true, damming to LisaR.

I believe it.   All you have to do is read Rinna's social media to see that she is callous and ugly.  I've said it before but I believe, in addition to lack of talent, that the reason she is a C list actress, is because people just don't like her once they get to know her and don't want to work with her.  She's loud and trashy and thinks she's cute. She feels phony from head to toe.

I know Kim was hated last season and Lisa was a fan favorite, but the tweets she admittedly sent to Kim that were revealed at the reunion were nasty and threatening.  But she got away with them by throwing her dad under the bus and because she was generally liked and Kim wasn't.  It will be interesting to see this happen again and what the reaction will be.

• Love 8

So LisaR has known LVP 26 years but never knew she was a liar or manipulative? 
And Kyle has known LVP all these years and calls her Bobby Fischer?

Well, why the heck would anyone want to be friends with someone like that for all those years?

And the only thing "rotten in Denmark" is YO?

It just keeps getting better and better

• Love 6

If Lisa Vanderpump really wanted to offer a heartfelt and sincere apology it would have gone something like this. "Eileen, I'm so sorry that I asked pointed questions that intruded into your private life. It was mean and I intentionally did it  to cast a negative and derogatory shadow on your character intentionally. I'm truly sorry and will never do that to you ever again."   See? THAT would be a real apology.

But, but, Eileen had already revealed the details to the world last season before Brandy tossed wine in her face, and wasn't it already revealed years ago when it happened? It wasn't exactly a secret. 

• Love 11

I think the problem with Eileen is she made this boring conversation her story line. Probably to defer from her out of date home decor, boring looking marriage and knock off movie premier.  I wonder how things would have played out if she would have said those questions bothered her because it diminishes the life she has made with her husband and felt Lisa owed her an apology, vs beating this dead horse. I think Lisa laughed or scoffed at her because if I said something that offended you so much because it was on camera why would you bring it up on camera again instead of down playing it so it doesn't make the cut?

If you notice when the ladies were trying to take Kyle down over the affair rumors she answered them once and then kept it moving for the most part, until they again brought it up in order to take Vanderpump down.  The less reaction you have to the bait the less chance for a storyline. Just make a note to (motherfawking tm Karen) self, that Vanderpump came for you and start the game of chess. The reason they hate Vaderpump is because she does keep her hands cleaner then they do. 

• Love 5

We all know the drama on these shows is manufactured, so my following commentary applies to real life vs. Real Housewife life...

When someone offends you by word or by action, and you let that person know in a mature manner that you were offended, there are only a limited number of scenarios to play out...

1) the offender can offer a sincere apology, "I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings.  It wasn't my intention, but I can see how it affected you. I hope you accept my apology & please know I won't do/say that again.".  The offended party can either accept or reject this.

2) the offender can offer a lame non-apology, a la "I'm sorry if you felt that way" or "I'm sorry you misunderstood...". The offended party can either accept or reject this type of apology too. 

3) the offender can choose not to apologize at all.  Again, this is on the offended party to accept or reject.

But if you choose accept it, move the fuck on, and do not rehash the past. You can not have a do-over and demand a new & improved "I'm sorry". You cannot make people apologize in a custom designed manner to meet your specific criteria.  People either know how to apologize with empathy and sincerity or they don't.  If someone builds a reputation of being an insincere (or non-) apologist, then, again it Is you who is in the position to make a choice. You either deal with it or you disengage if you can't tolerate that in a friend/acquaintance. Do not expect constant haranguing over getting the apology you think you are "owed" is going to change the other person's response.  It won't.  Ever.

This is what I was taught by my mother and it is what I have passed on to my daughter.  It would save a shit-load of unnecessary drama and resentment if people could figure out the only behavior you have control over is your own.

I agree with every word.  I have lived like this (bold) and I taught my sons the same wisdom.  They are grown now and fine young men.  Sprinkled throughout the threads I have mentioned my shock that none of these women have the slightest clue about this or the basics of conflict resolution.  We wouldn't have a show if they did, of course, but it never ceases to amaze me. 

• Love 4

I just want Eileen to shut up about the affair business.  If she had just let it go it would be over.    She's a nag.

Erika looks so much younger when she's not wearing all that makeup.  I thought the black eyes looked hideous.

LisaR,  you keep picking at that scab it's never going to heal. 

I want LVP to just lie and apologize with feeling then go on her way and dismiss Eileen and Rinna.  They are not her friends and never will be.  She would not hang around with them if not for the show.  Maybe that's why she dismisses them.  I feel they are trying to get her to like them and that's not going to happen.  Sure she wants Yo off the island.  Lots of rivalry there.

Kyle is friends with LisaR so she should know that woman can't let anything go.  Maybe that's why she's not playing. Plus, even though she told LisaR more than once she doesn't want to talk about Kim, the lips just keeps on talking.  (see the scab picker).  I wish Kyle would speak up and not just walk away but leave when this happens.  The caftans she wears make me think about "when you get home the shoes come off and you change into something comfy". 

Katherine is too down to earth to hang with these women.  They don't listen to common sense.

Yolanda, lies, manipulation.  Drama queen.  As someone mentioned in another post, there is a cure for lyme disease.  How about fundrasing for research for a vaccination.  Tired of Yo.  She's out to get LVP because of the relationship with her ex and jealousy.  Get over it!

Couldn't care less about the other bleached blond addicts.

IIRC, there is a vaccine for lyme disease but the anti-vaccine groups won that round. Now your dog can get the dog version of the vaccine but humans can't get the human version.

In Kathryn's blog today, she pretty much says that the pile on LisaV was preplanned before they all showed up for that dinner, that everyone except LisaV knew what was going to happen. And YES, I agree with you, Eileen took delight in hurting LisaV and IMO, it is a trait she shares with the likes of Brandi and Kim.

I thought it was strange that Erika goes from saying she won't open up about herself (pissed that Rinna judged her) to being on Rinna's side of the argument ("well, she feels strongly about it" then LVP replied something like "well, so do I"). Is the first sentence of your post below where that shift occurred?

Erika's attitude toward LisaR totally changed when she and Eileen were off on their own and Eileen was filling her in on what LisaR told her. I noticed that Kathryn didn't want to engage in gossip with LisaR at the spa and we didn't hear LisaV/Kyle doing it at the sea lion meet/kiss outing. The only ones gossiping about the others were Erika and Eileen with each other and LisaR trying to but getting shut down by Kathryn. 3 of them were enjoying their experiences that day and the other 3 were talking smack about LiasV.  I also noticed that no one addressed LisaV when she and Kyle came to dinner that night, not 1 of them, they all complimented Kyle and said Hi to her but not 1 word to LisaV at all.

see above

But, but, Eileen had already revealed the details to the world last season before Brandy tossed wine in her face, and wasn't it already revealed years ago when it happened? It wasn't exactly a secret. 

What purpose did it serve to rehash it then?

• Love 6

I love that our recappers are just as confused as the rest of us.  I really have no idea what LVP is supposed to be guilty of doing. Or why Rinna is so "enraged" about it. I would have to be deaf, dumb and stupid not to know what ED is pissed about because she has brought it up so, so many times. LVP may not ever admit it when she's wrong but she did apologize and she has not brought it up again but ED has, over and over. Tiresome.  I really don't know what ED is expecting of LVP. It was not a secret that LVP let loose on the world. It was fairly common knowledge. (Thanks Brandi!) I think ED still carries (and probably should) some shame about it but it was a long time ago and no one except the ones involved really give a good damn about it. IMO. Thirsty woman. I suspect her hubby is stepping out and she's overly sensitive. JMO

Young Wise Owl maybe Tamara Tattles can break it down:  http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-season-6-episode-18.html  She seems to think Vince is on the prowl.  My thought Vince was dealing with the loss of his father and traveling for work and family. 

Let's start with the term "enraged" apparently Lisar anger stems from some sort of agreement the others agreed not to film with Kim and Brandi.  (I seriously doubt Kyle agreed not to film with her sister.)  I think Erika did a good job of addressing it and Lisar even commented she made a good point.  Brandi and Kim were past RH, let's focus on Kathryn and Erika.  What Erika, and Eileen failed to address is that Rinna runs on 98 octane and doesn't realize her exaggerations are not all that different than Yolandas.  Lisar may be ones of perception while Yolanda exaggerates facts.  It is far more difficult to call someone out for being over the top expressive (although I think terms like halle-fucking-lujah should be put to rest).  Interesting that neither Rinna or Erika hd any problems calling Kathryn out on her over the top personality at Erika's dinner.  So we have some fourth wall stuff that Yolanda apparently violated and justified with the two outcasts have been far better friends than the rest of the cast combined.   It was an idiotic ride that Rinna took us on with her "enragement". 

Next is Rinna apparently feeling that Kyle and LVP were not good wingmen.  Well Rinna it is one thing to talk about selfies and Instagram phots and it is a whole different layer to start talking psychiatric diagnoses-something best left apparently Yolanda and Rinna exchanging barbs.  Perhaps if the conversation would have led with the myriad of treatments and inconsistent statements your wingmen might have been able to contribute to the conversation.  But no. . . .Rinna decided she not only was going to make public an off camera conversation but fall on her sword over it, knowing Yolanda is incapable of listening.  She wonders why Kyle and LVP weren't along for the ride.  She and Eileen effectively made the whole conversation about Rinna and her complicity.  When the chips were down, and Rinna was getting dressed down by Yolanda but Kyle and LVP were there to defend her.  Twice.

As to the conversation about dropping Kyle in the mix-isn't it totally on Rinna to make that decision?  There are just too many ways that conversation could have gone and taking the path of least resistance, it sounded like people pleaser Rinna assured LVP she was going to speak to Yolanda from a solo viewpoint.  So regardless of whether or not LVP re-wrote history it was still incumbent on Rinna to write the script for her talk with Yolanda-the talk  she did not need to have.

So after things hit the skids for Eileen and LVP it becomes a big deal this Munchausen issue is rehashed.  It was no one's issue but Rinna's.  Kyle and LVP copped to not vigorously defending Yolanda when Rinna threw it out there.  Big deal.  Ship sailed and no one really cares or dares state it was Rinna's diarrhea of the mouth that got her in the place she is in, just like repetitive use of the word addict, and who is an addict on the show and in her life and her husband's life.

Eileen  might want to learn how to ask for an apology-hint don't imply LVP's comments are in the same league as Brandi's and expect her to apologize and especially don't say you are being oversensitive-obviously LVP agreed, Eileen was being overly sensitive, so no apology needed. 

As to Kyle, when things really matter, Faye being attacked, her sister being called vile and gross, her other sister not inviting the middle children to the wedding, Kyle takes a stand.  When Kyle was asking for some empathy for getting a cc'd scolding from Yolanda-Eileen stopped and went into some ridiculous BS about Yolanda taking an inventory.  So to now ask Kyle to upset her friendship with LVP because Rinna and Eileen are unhappy with the way things are going is just absurd. 

• Love 6

If Kyle will put up with the Puerto Rico tabloids thing plus LVP substituting the word Moritz-io for Mauricio for years she'll take anything from LVP. 

The henna lady in the oasis in the full burqua bothered me quite frankly. It is a reminder to me of where they were. Yet, Vyle throws the F bomb around like candy at the beach dinner. Seriously can't you get in some real shit for that in Dubai?

I don't think Kyle is very intelligent. I cannot follow her. She lives in fantasyland with no consequences, a bit like her sister. Same church, different pew.

• Love 6

What purpose did it serve to rehash it then?

Storyline probably. Who knows why she keeps bringing it up, or why she even felt offended in the first place. Originally, I thought it was because she figured if she talked about it the first season it wouldn't get brought up again, but, she's the one that keeps bringing up now so I have to go with she needs a storyline. 

Edited by Rainny
  • Love 6

If Lisa Vanderpump really wanted to offer a heartfelt and sincere apology it would have gone something like this. "Eileen, I'm so sorry that I asked pointed questions that intruded into your private life. It was mean and I intentionally did it  to cast a negative and derogatory shadow on your character. I'm truly sorry and will never do that to you ever again."   See? THAT would be a real apology.

It doesn't help matters that Eileen wasn't able to effectively communicate to LVP what it was that upset her. Eileen was the one that brought up the fact that she's twice divorced, and on her 3rd marriage with a man she had an affair with, so I'm not entirely sure why she's so upset with Lisa asking questions about when she knew he was "the one".  If she thought the questions were intrusive or offensive, she didn't let Lisa know until later, which, imo, confused Lisa, so she apologized for what she thought Eileen was upset about.

Maybe LVP should have been more sensitive to Eileen's feelings?  Maybe Eileen needed to accept apology #1 or #2 for at least being apologies on some level even if they were for the wrong thing? I'm not convinced there was malicious intent.  I think it was a whole bunch of major misunderstandings and misinterpretations on both parts.  Kathryn was right, these two just don't "get" each other.  I don't think they ever will.  They're just so very different.

• Love 14

I wish we could get a show about Lisa Vanderpump, Kyle and some classy friends of theirs, having parties and going on fun glamorous trips. That is a show I´d watch.

I don't think you could find a cast of Lisa V and Kyle's classy friends.  If Faye Resnick and the woman that Kyle swings around a pole with at the gay bars, showing her underpants are any indication of the classiness of Kyle's friends....  And Lisa V?  I think the only real friends she has are Ken and all her sexy, sexy animals.

So LisaR has known LVP 26 years but never knew she was a liar or manipulative? 

And Kyle has known LVP all these years and calls her Bobby Fischer?

Well, why the heck would anyone want to be friends with someone like that for all those years?

And the only thing "rotten in Denmark" is YO?

Exactly.  Birds of a feather, stick together.  They hang together for a reason.  This is why, when they eventually fight, teeth are bared and secrets are spilled. Betraying a friend is sick.  And the hilarious and sad part is, they will always find their way back to the fold again.  They kind of deserve each other.  Lisa's entire staff at SUR are like this, too.  I would never go so far as to say this is an "L.A. thing".  But I would go so far as to say it's a fucked up character flaw thing.

• Love 5

LVP SPILLING THE TEA!:

" text had been sent from LR (I bring this up at the reunion), to Kyle and I that was extremely aggressive towards YF, questioning why YF wouldn't go to NY to see her kids in a fashion show but could go to accept an award for Lyme, a rant that was asking for a response as she was unduly concerned in regard to YF's choices. It seems much enrages LR that has little to do with her, as we have seen in regard to YF not being present at the disastrous EJ dinner. She stated she was "enraged" by that, she was also enraged by a picture with YF and BG at lunch. Nt a lot "enrages" me, so go figure. I responded I had no thoughts I was willing to share with her, as she would accuse me of "manipulating" her, LOL. I was being sarcastic but really didn't feel comfortable engaging in this tone of conversation with LR. She responded, "I can only be manipulated if I am manipulable, and I want your thoughts." I curtly responded, "OK you want my thoughts?...I don't like this one iota." And that is when everything shifted between LR and me. I believe when I chose not to support LR’s accusations against Yolanda, she then began targeting me. Kyle also defended YF as she was also still included in the group text. I have to say LR should've been grateful I had such loyalty to her and didn't show YF the lengthy text which was pretty nasty and unfairly judgemental."

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 10

I believe it.   All you have to do is read Rinna's social media to see that she is callous and ugly.  I've said it before but I believe, in addition to lack of talent, that the reason she is a C list actress, is because people just don't like her once they get to know her and don't want to work with her.  She's loud and trashy and thinks she's cute. She feels phony from head to toe.

I know Kim was hated last season and Lisa was a fan favorite, but the tweets she admittedly sent to Kim that were revealed at the reunion were nasty and threatening.  But she got away with them by throwing her dad under the bus and because she was generally liked and Kim wasn't.  It will be interesting to see this happen again and what the reaction will be.

I tend to believe it too. First of all, I don't think LVP cares that much about this petty stuff.    She knows whether she brings the drama or not, her place on RHOBH is pretty secure - she's not going anywhere unless she wants to. 

As far as Rinna - she can cry "manipulation" as loud and as long as she wants to.  No one made her say what she said on camera. It's her second season on the show, she knows how it works and she had to know that saying that on camera would have repercussions.

If Kyle and LVP were snickering about Yolanda (and they probably were), they were smart enough to do it off camera and smart enough to not be "manipulated" into saying something on camera that they knew would come back and bite them in the butt.   Lisa R is right about one thing - you can only be manipulated if you allow yourself to be.

As for LVP and Kyle's friendship - I don't think it extends beyond the show.  They may see each other a couple of times when they're not filming, but I doubt it's frequent. And they tweet, etc.  But Kyle is not stupid.  She was involved in the atttempted LVP takedown 2 seasons ago and saw what a colossal fail that was.  I think she realized at that point, it was better to be "friends" with LVP than to not be. I think they like each other, but I wouldn't call it a friendship in the true sense of the word.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 9