Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Eileen and her decade old affair is just not that interesting enough to generate any kind of visceral response in me, let alone righteous indignation on her behalf for LVP's "sorry, not sorry" fauxpology.

I'm ashamed she has the same name as my mother..........

• Love 11

This is the stupidest fight ever. I feel like Katherine might have nailed it when she said both Lisa's could be right. I think they are both remembering different things with each convinced, their version is right.

How ironic is it too, that Eileen, by trying to expose Lisa's manipulations, has herself become manipulative. Egging Rinna on to confront Lisa.

I was actually enjoying the fun parts of the show tonight. Kyle squeezing into the wet suit and goofing off. I enjoy the animal scenes. But Lord, every time these women sit down to eat, here comes the conflict. Not organic at all.

I agree with you--specially what I bolded.  What's that old saying - there are two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle?  That will always be the way conversations are remembered, and re-told.  And, the WAY things are said in a conversation will change with each person telling the story, as well.  I noticed that when Lisa Rinna was telling Eileen about her conversation with Kyle.  She changed the wording of what Kyle said about LVP, and, she changed the inflection of the comment, making it sound worse than it actually was.

And, I'm with you - I LOVED all the fun parts of this show.  Say what you will about LVP and Kyle's relationship--when those two are doing fun things together, they are hysterical.  Kyle squeezing into the wetsuit was pure comedy and gave me a good laugh.  I loved seeing them enjoying the jeep ride through the desert and shopping in the souks.

I think any pretense of meals should not even be filmed because - 1.  Most of these women don't eat much and - 2.  It only gives them a platform to be bitchy and nasty to one another.  

Keep them moving, keep them doing activities and make sure they eat all their meals by room service in their rooms - separately!!  

• Love 16

I am so disappointed in Kristen DiMera. She's been the opposite of fun this season. 

If LVP had a grand plan to get YoYo off my screen, then I wish her Good Luck and Godspeed, because I share that goal enthusiastically. 

Kyle and LVP being on the same team makes me happy. It should always be them against the world.

• Love 18

This is the stupidest fight ever. I feel like Katherine might have nailed it when she said both Lisa's could be right. I think they are both remembering different things with each convinced, their version is right.

How ironic is it too, that Eileen, by trying to expose Lisa's manipulations, has herself become manipulative. Egging Rinna on to confront Lisa.

I was actually enjoying the fun parts of the show tonight. Kyle squeezing into the wet suit and goofing off. I enjoy the animal scenes. But Lord, every time these women sit down to eat, here comes the conflict. Not organic at all.

I agree with you--specially what I bolded.  What's that old saying - there are two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle?  That will always be the way conversations are remembered, and re-told.  And, the WAY things are said in a conversation will change with each person telling the story, as well.  I noticed that when Lisa Rinna was telling Eileen about her conversation with Kyle.  She changed the wording of what Kyle said about LVP, and, she changed the inflection of the comment, making it sound worse than it actually was.

And, I'm with you - I LOVED all the fun parts of this show.  Say what you will about LVP and Kyle's relationship--when those two are doing fun things together, they are hysterical.  Kyle squeezing into the wetsuit was pure comedy and gave me a good laugh.  I loved seeing them enjoying the jeep ride through the desert and shopping in the souks.

I think any pretense of meals should not even be filmed because - 1.  Most of these women don't eat much and - 2.  It only gives them a platform to be bitchy and nasty to one another.  

Keep them moving, keep them doing activities and make sure they eat all their meals by room service in their rooms - separately!!  

• Love 3

That doesn't add up though. She first had the Manchusen conversation with a third party, not LVP and Kyle. It's not like Manchusen is some subjective thing that can be interpreted in different ways where Lisa  was influenced by LVP and Kyle's doubts. No. she engaged in a discussion about Manchusen AND then engaged in it again when she decided to discuss it with LVP and Kyle. Why did she do that? Because she knew that they had doubts about the extent of Yolanda's sickness. She chose her audience because she knew that she would have an audience that she can share that information with and wouldn't be judged for it. Lisa is accusing Kyle and specifically LVP of pinning everything on her so that she can keep her hands clean - yet LVP and Kyle have addressed their doubts in THs. LVP has even confronted Yolanda about how some of her comments are contradictory to what they know as the truth. Lisa is trying to play the victim because she is the sole person responsible for bringing up Manchusen. LVP telling her that she should talk about it doesn't mean that she was manipulated. And who did LVP tell her to talk to about it? Did she say 'save it for the cameras', 'talk to Yolanda' or was her advice simply 'talk about it'? Lisa raised the most serious allegation toward Yolanda and now that she's realized she's a lone wolf on an island she's twisting her story so that she's not the only one to take the fall. 

That's what this is. Lisa misjudged just how far on a limb Kyle and LVP would go. LisaR is the third mean girl in that clique except no one actually invited her into Lisa and Kyle mean girl peanut gallery. LisaR tried to invite herself and in the scene where she brings it up it's like she thought she had the in. In her mind she was all "these two talk shit about Yolanda all the time they are gonna love this and we are gonna have a good go at Yolanda and BAM I'm in".  LisaR is stupid. You can even SEE IT on her face when she doesn't get the reactions she stupidly thought were going to be an automatic. Ummmmm dumb ass, there's a certain equation to the mean girl shit you don't just pull any ole thing out of the air and pounce fucktard. Those are the looks she was on the other side of and she completely caves and crumble in point two seconds flat. Every since then she's be drowning, treading water, drowning, while Eileen floats by sorta keeping her afloat but only on her terms... I'll say it again. Lisa R is stupid. So now she's just spinning it and spinning it trying to get out from under the embarrassing mistake she made when she tried to use some fucked up topic to get in with the cool kids and solidifying her position on the show not realizing that they don't lap just anything up and just get THAT reckless when it comes to filming. At least they TRY not to be. Some lessons were learned season after season. LisaR is just so bad at being a "shit stirring" RH and Eileen is a close second.

• Love 4

Eileen really needs to get over the deep shame she feels for how she and Vince got together. It's eating her alive.

I'm sure she does feel some guilt, but I don't think it's eating her alive.

IMO Eileen is pissed that LisaV brought it up after Eileen had already discussed it with Brandi last season. Eileen explained what happened. Then Lisa brings up the affair again... Why? Eileen didn't lie or hide from it. LisaV wanted to talk about the affair not the love Vince and Eileen share. Then LisaV acted like she had no idea what bothered Eileen about it. (side eyeing LVP Mmmm hmm) Eileen, I'm sure was bothered because she saw Lisa as a friend and it made no sense that a friend would bring up something that hurt people and happened many years ago. LisaV isn't an idiot she was trying to start a conversation that made the other person uncomfortable. LVP makes me laugh at times, but come on. Eileen does needs to let it go.

• Love 12

In the words of Bethenny Frankel--this is not about what it's about. 

It's not about LVP's apology or lack thereof. Eileen (as another poster pointed out) carries a deep shame about how she and Vince got together.

It's not about Kyle letting LVP get away with things. It's about coming to the realization that she needs LVP as an ally in her business and personal relationships and whether it's because at the end of the day (tm RHOA) she really likes LVP, or because she's made a devil's bargain, she's willing to accept a certain amount of bullshit.

Lisa R, I don't know wtf is up with her but I think she's still mad on some level about being shushed. Kyle and Lisa poo-pooed the M-word, no one really wants to talk about Kim except for her, and Ericka and Eileen have both said in so many words (rightly IMO) that it's ok to have an opinion but there's no need to make a sort of endless opinion campaign. They're really shutting down all her story lines because she doesn't share much about her own life.

I read on gossip sites that the real reason Lisa R was "enraged" is because everybody agreed not to film with Brandi and production kept it a secret that she'd be filming a scene with Yo. 

Lisa Rinna is totally getting on my nerves. Let it fucking go because in the end, who really cares? She's acting like a child.

Totally agree with what you said about Eileen, Lisa has apologized/ Let it fucking go because she doesn't care enough about you to actually feel really bad but is polite enough to say sorry she hurt your feelings. She's acting like a child.

I think that Kyle and Vanderpump are genuinely friends and Kyle knows her friend, knows she can't change her and doesn't think this bullshit is worth making a big deal.

The idea of camel milk seems a bit eww to me, in part because I'm not a milk person to begin with, but if I'd already been drinking it unbeknownst to me, I probably would have carried on. I totally would have tried the camel meat, though.

I kind of like Rinna but if she were to leave, I probably wouldn't care as she's a pain in the butt. It's like, shouldn't she have been worrying about her dying father more than bloody Lisa Vanderpump?

• Love 13

So I went on that exact tour the ladies did, even rode in the exact same Land Rover. They have a fleet of beautiful land rovers some valued up to a quarter millon. It was the highlight of our Dubai trip. It was on the land owed by the Saudi Family. ( my falcon picture did not look that good!!)
I did taste the camel meat, it was in a stew and had lots of flavor. I actually liked it but was psyched out and couldn't finish it because we had just rode some camels. I thought the ladies reacted respectful enough.  They didnt act like OC ladies who would have screamed and gaged out loud.

• Love 24

All she has to say is, I realize you do not have M, but it crossed my mind when your facts did not line up.  Let's get off of the faking aspect, we all know you are not.  But we question your claim of being bed ridden for 18 months, not wearing make up for 11 months to name two.  Boom, new direction established.  Won't happen though.  

I completely agree with you but LVP tried to do this with Yolanda herself and Yolanda wasn't hearing it/bulldozed over it. I think it was during the lunch when Yo brought "da tests" from Yo's quack doctor and accused LVP of talking shit about her kids. My memory sucks so this might be the wrong fight (maybe it was Ericka's bbq--God, too many fucking events from hell), but at some point LVP said very articulately that no one doubted Yo was sick, they had only taken issue with her grand statements about being bedridden and unable to read or write during periods when they had witnessed her very active and capable. Yo just kept going on and on about the kids.

Yo would be so much easier to take if she didn't claim these vast periods of glamorous agony during which she was all but in a comatose state in hospice. I personally don't think she intends her statements to be taken literally and I do have some sympathy for her because I don't think she's a happy or healthy person. It is so strange though that she has this aversion to saying something like "For the better part of the year I battled constant lethargy and confusion despite putting up a strong front when I was around other people." The more grandiose statements are so easy to disprove.

Rinna said in her blog last week that from what she hears "a lot of doctors are confused about Chronic Lyme as well." So, I wonder if this is one of the real issues that comes up at the reunion. The fact that chronic lyme is a controversial diagnosis rejected entirely by a lot of people in medicine. To me, more than the m word, this is the elephant in the room.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 11

Just my opinion (on drinks), though.  There's probably no good answer.

Your opinion (on drinks) is just as good as anyone else's. If you happen to watch the show (after burning self rolled cigarettes) it's way funnier and entertaining.

• Love 6

On a side note, I get that production can edit in reaction shots to make it appear like a castmember is reacting a certain way when someone is speaking. It seemed to me, however, that last night there were more than a few shots of Eileen looking giddy over the prospect of Rinna's interrogation as well as in response to some of Rinna's more damning accusations. Reveling in someone's discomfort tells me a lot about a person.  In her blog Eileen stated, "How can Lisa V. ask to have a real friendship with any of us, when we are the only ones taking responsibility for our words and actions?"  Were I LVP I wouldn't want a real friendship with anyone who was so gleeful over the prospect of seeing me raked over the coals.

In Kathryn's blog today, she pretty much says that the pile on LisaV was preplanned before they all showed up for that dinner, that everyone except LisaV knew what was going to happen. And YES, I agree with you, Eileen took delight in hurting LisaV and IMO, it is a trait she shares with the likes of Brandi and Kim.

• Love 12

Personally I think that Lisa Vanderpump is a lying liar that lies. She lied to Kyle in Puerto Rico about telling Brandi to put that magazine article in her suitcase regarding Mauricio cheating. Then she and Ken left under the cover of dark under the pretense that she was insulted that Kyle didn't believe her. She did the deed but she deflected the blame.She denied that she told LisaR to get Kyle in on the Munchausen thing. She carries a deep grudge against Yolanda because Ken said 'you're so stupid' to Yolanda.

Kyle had every reason in the world to distrust Lisa Vanderpump, but she chooses to overlook all the negative in exchange for being friends with a very rich and very influential woman. Kyle believes the old saying 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'. Erika is very astute and saw LisaV for what she really is. She's a woman that does spin a web of deceit and she's very good at it. She's had a lot of practice. Lisa Vanderpump wants to project a public image of being a righteous, honorable, fair person but it's nothing a smoke screen for what she really is. An ambitious, narcissistic, person who has an omnipotent sense about herself.

This! Yes, 100%. I was so glad they showed the old footage about the Puerto Rico tabloids in the suitcase caper. Lisa is a lying liar who lies.

• Love 6

Eileen and her decade old affair is just not that interesting enough to generate any kind of visceral response in me, let alone righteous indignation on her behalf for LVP's "sorry, not sorry" fauxpology.

Two things that bother Eileen are - in no particular order - the fact that lisa made her look into the mirror about having an affair, the divorce and remarrying and the 'apology' was the laughter attached to it.

Lisa got Eileen to look at exactly WHAT she did - She cheated, divorced and went on with her business...so what? Because lisa has had a marriage of enduring love and light, she made Eileen feel like shit - then she apologized not for what Eileen felt, but for making her feel dirty (asking questions) - followed by a laugh.

I guess no one told this bunch that 'no one can make you feel'?

• Love 10

I realize that the drama is intentionally brought forward and exaggerated for the pleasure of viewers and to satisfy Bravo. I do wish that these women and Bravo had chosen to be more discrete when filming in a place like Dubai. The Arabic culture is one in which a person’s dignity, honor and reputation are of paramount importance. It's very important in their society to behave at all times in a way which will create a good impression. To have these 'rich' American woman publicly disrespect themselves and others by their bad behavior just leaves the impression among this Arabic culture that all Americans are rude, uncivilized people. The people in Dubai are very accustomed to hosting Kings, Presidents and Heads of State. A handful of spoiled American woman aren't going to impress them in the least.

I wonder if anyone involved in production at Bravo or any one of the wives had done some homework about the Arabic culture. This particular civilization believes that good manners constitute an important factor in evaluating a person’s character. The embarrassing display during the desert tent dinner and then the dinner outside on the sand at night was just cringe-worthy to watch. I was embarrassed for them and embarrassed that the people waiting on them were imagining all Americans to be just like this bunch of pretentious spoiled women. The ugly scene outside at the dinner one the sand could have been filmed indoors in opulent surroundings. The fact that this ugly display was outdoors made it even worse because in that culture this sort of public display of emotion is just not acceptable.

This culture is not reverent.  They are power crazed, brutal, sexist pigs who view women as possessions who must obey.  Most of the rules are made to restrict them, not for the men.  The culture is to be avoided by staying in western conclaves to avoid prison and death in some cases.   I have no doubt the cast and crew were  protected by staying in westernized environments.  They are not a culture to respect.   You just stay the fuck out of their way.  Horrible place. 

Read # 42 for starters. 

http://www.realityviews.in/2010/01/going-to-dubai-know-41-laws-do-and.html

Edited by wings707
  • Love 22

When Kathryn was freaking out over the bug in the kaftan, I had my usual reaction to women freaking out about bugs which is "yeesh, dial it back." Until they said it was a roach. I would probably have run out of there with the thing still on and then burned it. Roaches are my kryptonite.

At first I thought Kyle was the only one who got henna, but then then it looked like Erika had some on her hand at the take down dinner. I'd love a chance to get some henna.

Y'all have done a good job covering everything else I was going to comment on. Erika's desert outfit and makeup - your glam squad was mad at you girl. Maybe they figured out that couldn't leave the hotel for fear of criminal punishment. And the camel's milk incident - c'mon. You've had milk from a cow. And I bet you all eat goat cheese, guess where that started out.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 7

I think LisaV says thing in a bit**y way jokingly and people will laugh if they are her friend or hate her if they already hate her. She says mean things constantly, if you even pay attention to the comments her and Kylie say, one in particular is that LisaR and Yo were going to kiss, and one had her hand up her skirt, they laughed and it was over. I can imagine if she told Brandi or Eileen that, they would have came back later and said LISAV claimed so and so had her hand up her skirt. Then Lisa would say I didn't say that I was kidding, and the Hate Vanderpump clique would attack and say she meant it.

That is my take on the tabloids too, I can see Lisa laughing at Kyle because they were in a bad place and had hurt each other and saying oh bring the tabloids, stuff them in your suitcase, laugh and never really mean it. I think LisaV doesnt like to be called out on her mean girl jokes because it makes her sound petty, which she can be. So she simply denies.

• Love 8

I choose to beleive Erikas makeup was a political statement made by her glam squad to the country of Dubai.

Well, they can stay there and do the camouflage makeup on our soldiers should we have to go back to the M.E.?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 1

In Kathryn's blog today, she pretty much says that the pile on LisaV was preplanned before they all showed up for that dinner, that everyone except LisaV knew what was going to happen. And YES, I agree with you, Eileen took delight in hurting LisaV and IMO, it is a trait she shares with the likes of Brandi and Kim.

She never says anything about a pile on.  That is being unfair to Kathryn. 

From her blog:

"So we made it to the beach. . . we all needed a drink because we knew what was coming."

"It felt like an accosting to me once we were all seated and the conversation began.  Lisa R. and Eileen came to dinner with nothing other than wanting to make Lisa V. fly the white flag." 

She goes on to criticize Lisar and Eileen for not accepting the fact Kyle said she was okay.

This is LVP's Achilles heel she claims gang up when in fact she does not have  unanimous support.   The others may have been  allowing Lisar and Eileen to present they did not necessarily agree with them and the time had come when the conversation needed to be finished without a bunch of people weighing in.  Kathryn was the voice of reason with her claim both  Lisas had their own perception.

My complaint is Eileen doesn't want resolution she wants capitulation and humiliation for LVP or pretty much anyone else she is at odds with.

• Love 10

From Eileen's blog post :

How can Lisa V. ask to have a real friendship with any of us, when we are the only ones taking responsibility for our words and actions? After trying to get this point across for so long, and Lisa V. continuing to own up to nothing, I reached my breaking point. I could not handle another dinner where things were brought up and nothing got owned up to or resolved. And if I have to come down harder to get to the truth, I will.

Argh!

What are all these words and actions Eileen is taking responsibility for? Is she admitting she listens to Lisa R venting her various incoherent complaints about LVP, Yolanda, Erika et al. and then encourages/orders Lisa R to say them on camera to the women's faces? When the other women, trapped in another vortex of LisaR's repetitive complaints, ask LisaR why she is bringing stuff up again that had previously been re-hashed at length, does Eileen take responsibility for winding LisaR up yet again, in the name of Eileen's "truth?" Has she taken responsibility for meekly responding to what she now characterizes as LVP's highly offensive questioning, not getting angry until after-the-fact that she didn't shut LVP down at the time, and now making it her mission to shut LVP down in a big way, apparently to repair the self-inflicted damage to Eileen's self-image as a bad ass truth-teller who stands up for herself?

And no, Eileen, the saying is not someone can have one's own opinion but there is only one truth. The saying is one can have their own opinions, but not their own facts. Truth in human relations is never absolute. What LisaR thought she heard can quite easily be different from what Lisa V thought she said. Memories can vary. Nuances can be overlooked. One person's sarcastic humor can be another's deadly insult.

I’m pretty sure even those who think LVP was rude and dismissive of your complaints and requests for an apology would be willing to pass on your plan to “come down harder.” We all know what you want ain’t gonna happen and the only thing hard will be sitting through yet another attempt to force it.

Shut it down, please. And while you’re at it, shut down LisaR. You know you can!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 22

cooksdelight:

Eileen is one of those people who will come to your deathbed in the hospital and remind you of the time you stole her lunch money in first grade.

LOL! And then she'll say you never said you're sorry. You'll protest that you did, but she'll say, "Oh, no, you didn't! You say you did, but your front teeth were missing and you lisped. So you really said, 'I'm thorry.' That's not going to cut it with me."

• Love 22

I liked Katherine this episode for a couple of things, eating the camel and saying she thought each Lisa was correct in what they thought went down in that conversation.  

I also loved seeing them all in caftans but the shoes were just silly.  There are plenty of stylish flat sandals much better for walking in the sand.  

ETA.  I lived in FL for 10 years and cockroaches are just a bug, nothing to freak out about.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

Felt bad for Kyle - she's so used to dysfunction that she's willing to look the other way when her "friend" screws her over.

I think Kyle screwed LVP here. She was badmouthing her early in the season about bringing up other people's uncomfortable topics but never opening up about herself and last night threw her under the bus while tearfully admitting that she loves LVP, so she accepts her abuse because she has bigger things in life to deal with like her sisters.  Kyle was a great victim last night. "Don't run away LVP! We love you and aren't ganging up on you! You were trying to throw me under the bus like Bobby Fisher, but I put a stop to it 5 months ago and forgave you and moved on! So stay! And face Rinna and Eileen now!" All Kyle had to say to Rinna was, "LVP and I never talked about Munchhausen." If Kyle had moved on with LVP 5 months ago, why is she feeding such a hungry hungry Rinna?

• Love 10

She never says anything about a pile on.  That is being unfair to Kathryn. 

From her blog:

"So we made it to the beach. . . we all needed a drink because we knew what was coming."

"It felt like an accosting to me once we were all seated and the conversation began.  Lisa R. and Eileen came to dinner with nothing other than wanting to make Lisa V. fly the white flag." 

She goes on to criticize Lisar and Eileen for not accepting the fact Kyle said she was okay.

This is LVP's Achilles heel she claims gang up when in fact she does not have  unanimous support.   The others may have been  allowing Lisar and Eileen to present they did not necessarily agree with them and the time had come when the conversation needed to be finished without a bunch of people weighing in.  Kathryn was the voice of reason with her claim both  Lisas had their own perception.

My complaint is Eileen doesn't want resolution she wants capitulation and humiliation for LVP or pretty much anyone else she is at odds with.

Pile on were my words not Kathryn's otherwise I would have used quotation marks. LOL The sense was still the same, they all knew that LisaR and Eileen were going to go in on LisaV except for LisaV herself.

Funny, how Eileen has counseled everyone to talk to the person they are mad/upset/worried about one on one but that is not what she wanted LisaR to do with LisaV, that she feels that LisaR backs down to whomever she is talking with at the time but doesn't place herself in that same category as she does LisaV, Kyle, Erika, Yolanda...whomever it is. LOL Also, why did LisaR feel comfortable talking to LisaV/Kyle about Yolanda but not Eileen who she professes to trust sooo much? LOL

• Love 5

We all know the drama on these shows is manufactured, so my following commentary applies to real life vs. Real Housewife life...

When someone offends you by word or by action, and you let that person know in a mature manner that you were offended, there are only a limited number of scenarios to play out...

1) the offender can offer a sincere apology, "I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings.  It wasn't my intention, but I can see how it affected you. I hope you accept my apology & please know I won't do/say that again.".  The offended party can either accept or reject this.

2) the offender can offer a lame non-apology, a la "I'm sorry if you felt that way" or "I'm sorry you misunderstood...". The offended party can either accept or reject this type of apology too. 

3) the offender can choose not to apologize at all.  Again, this is on the offended party to accept or reject.

But if you choose accept it, move the fuck on, and do not rehash the past. You can not have a do-over and demand a new & improved "I'm sorry". You cannot make people apologize in a custom designed manner to meet your specific criteria.  People either know how to apologize with empathy and sincerity or they don't.  If someone builds a reputation of being an insincere (or non-) apologist, then, again it Is you who is in the position to make a choice. You either deal with it or you disengage if you can't tolerate that in a friend/acquaintance. Do not expect constant haranguing over getting the apology you think you are "owed" is going to change the other person's response.  It won't.  Ever.

This is what I was taught by my mother and it is what I have passed on to my daughter.  It would save a shit-load of unnecessary drama and resentment if people could figure out the only behavior you have control over is your own.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 20

Did Eileen apologize to her ex-husband or Vince's ex-wife for the affair?  What kind of an apology was it?  

These are the kinds of questions I would be shooting back at Eileen if I was LVP.  

The pile on at dinner was hard to watch and I felt genuinely bad for LVP.  If I was her I would have gotten up and left.  Rinna and Eileen weren't interested in doing anything for Kyle's benefit, they just wanted LVP to admit she did something.  Which both of them should have known it wasn't going to happen.

• Love 16

You know what I don't understand? People bemoaning the drama on RH. RH hasn't been drama-free in eight years. It's never going to be housewives just sitting, laughing, having fun in exotic locations. It's never going to be that. That's not what the show was about, nor has it been for 8 years!

Complaining about the drama on RH would be like me watching football complaining that there's too much roughhousing.

No one is complaining about having drama on RH shows.  What I'm hearing is that this so called "drama" is boring, repetitive, and basically all bullshit no one cares about. 

Drama is fine, endless gossip about whether or not one housewife is sick, and who said it first, and who prompted whom to bring it up, and who witnessed that and on and on and on and on.  NO ONE CARES!

Actual drama?  Welcome.

I agree with the bit in bold. The frequent complaint that I've never understood when it comes to RH shows (at least with BH and NY since those are the main ones I watch) is the complaint that we should be seeing more big houses, glamorous parties, and shiny baubles. To me those things are necessary and welcome but at the end of the day this is a character/personality driven franchise and each show emphasizes "drama" whether it's major or minor. I don't think that the fights and conflicts however major or minor are ever going to go away because they're a large part of every single RH show. There are no exceptions. 

I personally thought this episode was great and I thought it contained the right amount of fun and drama. There was also the bonus of it being Yolanda free even with the argument about who all said what. We got to see them shop and bargain (I thought there were lots of hilarious moments here. Erika's gift for Kathryn? The roaches? Rinna saying "Sarah Jessica" multiple times?), three separate duo activities, the falcon stuff, the very revealing lunch at Nobu, and of course the dinner where LVP was called out. Not only did I think this week's episode was enjoyable but I'm very much looking forward what's coming up next week. IDK I've been entertained.

I feel this episode delivered in terms of bringing actual drama because I feel like these conflicts, however minor are a great way of showing the "real" personalities of the women on the show. Aside from Kathryn who didn't really participate in much of the discussion, I feel like I got interesting tidbits about the other women through the discussions.

Seeing LVP look amused at first and then increasingly tense while she figures out how she's going to spin her version/lie, and later being flustered now that she knows it's going to be one of those trips; seeing Kyle jumping at the opportunity to appear magnanimous with Lisa; also, touchingly seeing that Kim isn't far from Kyle's thoughts; Eileen again being more than happy to perpetuate the petty drama and revealing that she herself seems to not be comfortable when it comes to the facts of how she and Vince got together; Rinna clearly going from supporting LVP earlier in the season to not having any firm alliances with the other women anymore. Eileen's the only one who hasn't been hugely tweaked by her and they don't see eye to eye on a lot of the Yolanda stuff.   

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 10

It would save a shit-load of unnecessary drama and resentment if people could figure out the only behavior you have control over is your own.

Unless, of course, you are Lisa Vanderpump. :-)
  • Love 1

Midnight at the Oasis

Midnight at the Oasis

That IS camel your fed

Grimace painting you faces, traces

of disgust inside your head.

This group is a bunch of buffoons

shinin just for us

The pick fight on sand dunes, in their room

The don't pat on the puss......

You don't have to answer

There's no need to speak

Around the topic they dance-a

hear some truth and they freak......

Please....I beg of you....send this to Andy. Tweet it, email it, post it to Facebook... whatever it takes.... he MUST have this for the reunion!! I don't care if it's already filmed, we all know they can dub it in. Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 1

Looks like they are trying for another pile up against LVP like a few seasons ago.  Only this time LVP has Kyle on her side.  Katherine is neutral.  The rest wanna bring her down for some reason.  I don't know why.  It didn't work last time and it's not gonna work this time.  Eileen needs to put on her overalls and heehaw her way on outta here.  She's a pain in the ass.

These women never have anything good. In LVP's entire run on the show, whoever is going after her is bringing something that ultimately isn't that big of a deal. When I think of the list of things over the years, Giggy 'tweeting things that were inappropriate', LVP closing the door on Kim, magazine gate, living deep in the valley, not attending the tile painting/graduation party, the puppeteering accusations (to me it only says something about the puppets if that's even what's happening in every scenario), saying that she heard from Mohammed that the non-Gigis are healthy, asking Rinna why she didn't bring Kyle in--how is it that the people trying to put LVP on blast can so rarely come up with anything that doesn't seem super petty and ultimately insignificant?

• Love 18
All Kyle had to say to Rinna was, "LVP and I never talked about Munchhausen." If Kyle had moved on with LVP 5 months ago, why is she feeding such a hungry hungry Rinna?

I think that just encourages LisaR and keeps everything more vague. LisaR was referring to a specific exchange of words, Kyle said she had actually heard the words and wasn't bothered by it. There's no reason for Kyle to pretend she can't believe Lisa would ever say such a thing and protect her honor to that extent. She didn't act like a victim about Lisa, she played it off like no big deal. She only got upset when Eileen tried to force her to feel like a victim about it. I don't think she did feed LisaR--she shut her down. LisaR was trying to bring out some new shocking crime that Lisa had committed and Kyle said it wasn't news and it wasn't a big deal. That's why Eileen had to switch gears and try to create a new drama about how Kyle ought to be upset about it (as opposed to LisaR who just gets upset on Erika's behalf over Yo not coming to her dinner party).

I also think it was better to keep Lisa for doing one of her dramatic runaways. If Lisa had run away everybody would have talked about her more and tried to get Kyle to see how terrible she was blah blah blah. Meanwhile Lisa would be the super victim with everyone ganging up on her to the point where she had to leave. Kyle actually cockblocked both of them!

• Love 11

I used to like Eileen and Lisa R.  I can barely stand seeing either on the screen after this episode.

It is like producers told them if you want to continue on this show you better make a "it happen"...bring something to the table. ACK!  I like Eileen so it is sad to see her become "one of them".

As for Yolanda do you think the women, at this filming, knew that Yo and chuckle head were heading towards divorce? Can't figure out the timing of the filming and their announcement. If they did know do you think any of them would mention it on camera? I hope they would take the high road..now if Brandy was on the show and was on the outs with Yolanda she would spill it in a drunken binge.

• Love 5

I agree with the bit in bold. The frequent complaint that I've never understood when it comes to RH shows (at least with BH and NY since those are the main ones I watch) is the complaint that we should be seeing more big houses, glamorous parties, and shiny baubles. To me those things are necessary and welcome but at the end of the day this is a character/personality driven franchise and each show emphasizes "drama" whether it's major or minor. I don't think that the fights and conflicts however major or minor are ever going to go away because they're a large part of every single RH show. There are no exceptions. 

I personally thought this episode was great and I thought it contained the right amount of fun and drama. There was also the bonus of it being Yolanda free even with the argument about who all said what. We got to see them shop and bargain (I thought there were lots of hilarious moments here. Erika's gift for Kathryn? The roaches? Rinna saying "Sarah Jessica" multiple times?), three separate duo activities, the falcon stuff, the very revealing lunch at Nobu, and of course the dinner where LVP was called out. Not only did I think this week's episode was enjoyable but I'm very much looking forward what's coming up next week. IDK I've been entertained.

I've certainly complained about wanting more luxury over drama, but I agree with you that the drama is integral to the HW shows and also to their success. NY is generally more fun to watch the drama unfold, IMO, because the NY ladies are generally wittier with their banter and their feuds move a lot faster. 

I feel like everything is so entrenched on BH. The constantly shifting alliances (often in the same episode!) is what makes NY's drama a lot more palatable to me. Sometimes in BH, it just feels like everyone's keeping score even after the cameras stop rolling, and that's a lot less enjoyable to watch to me. I just wish the BH ladies could move on quicker and had a little bit more sense of humor about their spats. Like when the women tossed the ice bucket on Ramona in Turks and Caicos. Everyone, even Ramona, had a laugh about it. You'd be hard pressed to see LVP or Yo laughing off the other women pranking them. We saw bits and pieces of that when the BH were in Palm Springs a few seasons ago with their drunken dancing at the house and water-throwing at a spa, and I'd like to see more of that.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 9

Did Rinna say she's known Lisa for twenty-six years? I didn't think the VP-Todds had been in California that long.

She [Kyle] knows LVP tries to orchestrate certain things.

​That's because Kyle does her own share of orchestrating, with or without LVP. Game recognizes game.

Does Rinna start shit at every single meal so that no one will notice her not eating?

​Well, starting/making a scene at dinner is a good way to avoid eating (for whatever reason). Maybe Rinna got the idea from watching Bethenny, who seemed to have perfected the maneuver on RHoNY last season.

Once again, Erika directs the convo to the Rinna-Yolanda beef, then slides her puss away. Girl, you can put on a raccoon mask, but...

1404361303989406503.gif

• Love 7

I think Kyle screwed LVP here. She was badmouthing her early in the season about bringing up other people's uncomfortable topics but never opening up about herself and last night threw her under the bus while tearfully admitting that she loves LVP, so she accepts her abuse because she has bigger things in life to deal with like her sisters.  Kyle was a great victim last night. "Don't run away LVP! We love you and aren't ganging up on you! You were trying to throw me under the bus like Bobby Fisher, but I put a stop to it 5 months ago and forgave you and moved on! So stay! And face Rinna and Eileen now!" All Kyle had to say to Rinna was, "LVP and I never talked about Munchhausen." If Kyle had moved on with LVP 5 months ago, why is she feeding such a hungry hungry Rinna?

I think expressed herself appropriately-Rinna came with newly discovered information regarding LVP lying about wanting to bring Kyle into it.  The bigger question if it was such an effed up thing to do-why didn't Rinna go to Kyle sooner and tell her what her BFF was saying about her?  Apparently, Kyle was willing to let Rinna slide as well.   Kyle did face them and repeated the earlier conversation-one they had no previous knowledge of.

I so agree with Kyle compelling LVP to stay-it made for such a ragged  Season 4 with LVP jump and run.  She is six seasons in and has to realize  she has to be willing to discuss certain things on camera.   There will come a time she can't avoid it and it isn't hoping for bigger issues come Reunion time.  LVP cannot expect others to defend and forgive if she isn't willing to stick around. 

• Love 6

It is like producers told them if you want to continue on this show you better make a "it happen"...bring something to the table. ACK!  I like Eileen so it is sad to see her become "one of them".

I agree that this is part of it and it makes me sad because I was Tyra Banks rooting for Eileen to not become 'one of them'. 

That being said, I really, really, really, really want Eileen to buy a couple of bags in the next episode. I'm crossing my fingers that this happens since they're having a shopping day. 

• Love 4

Oh those ladies eat, it's just bullshit sandwiches self-made to order for themselves and the shit soup that is always on the menu because there is always someone to stir the pot. 

• Love 5

I thought all that stuff was fun, but it was ruined by the constant interspersing of Rinna and Eileen talking heads droning on and on and on about their pain against LVP.  I would have loved all that other stuff, without the incessant talking heads, and could ff through the dinner pile-up, which I mostly did.  But I had to fucking listen to Rinna and Eileen putting their Emmy reels together in the midst of the Dubai hijinks, and it was hard to ff through those two.

• Love 9

Well, how do you think I feel? My name is Lisa  :P

• Love 7

LVP and Kyle seemed to really be having so much fun with the sea lion.

Erik's eye makeup lol, loved her braid.

Loved them in the desert, they looked like they could have been in a Duran Duran video!

I don't like to judge what people eat, but wth, you can eat lamb chicken cows pigs but not camel? I don't get it. I don't eat meat, so eating one animal and being too disgusted by another seems silly.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

I heard Lisa apologize at her tea or whatever it was and it sounded sincere to me. Frankly, if Lisa saying "When did you know you were in love?" brought on the pain and shame blah blah...wasn't there also happiness then and since? If your first recollection of your longtime husband is of a completely dark period in your life, lady, that's on you.

And another poster pointed out that Lisa was happy to confront Yo and Yo deflected. Unlike Eileen, Lisa has no need to revisit unproductive discussions. She's the goddamn star of the show and cannot be bothered.

And she can't be "taken down." And, to what is Lisar referring about "going down"? Who is punching her? And, if, in fact, you are drowning, is it your impulse to pull others down with you? I mean, is the prosecutor offering you a deal if you turn in your boss? And why you so damn scared of Yo that you can't take it up with Yo?

None of it makes any sense to me. Motive is hazy and ill-defined and execution is ludricrous. If, in fact, producers are writing scripts, you are being puppeted, Lisar. Don't sweat it so much. Pays the bills.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 20

LisaR is over the age of 15 - if she is so gullible that she allows herself to be manipulated so easily- that is on her.  I would have her ass cleaning my house for free if she was that easy to manipulate.  She needs to grow the f up. 

Erika thinks she is edgy but I find her just boring and the fakest of the fakey-fakes. 

Love how LisaR and Eileen are trying to break up LisaV and Kyle's friendship - talk about manipulative.....

That is it - that is all I have - still like Kathryn though.

Edited by st.louielouie
  • Love 14