Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/21/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

How on earth was Trump "reasonable"? He was advocating torture and touting his stupid, redundant wall. His comments were outrageous and just meant to feed on fears. Reasonable? Really? And Raven is a moron, plain and simple. 

• Love 15

I can't imagine how having a fire breathing, insulting, threatening President will advance our defense against terrorists. It will only encourage them. When a reasonable (I thought) person like Sunny reacts this way, it scares me to think of how many people will like the way Trump is talking. 

Yes, and a Trump presidency is what ISIS wants. More fearmongering to disguise the fact that American rights are being stripped away, creating more terrorists as a byproduct. Huge failure in logic on Sunny's part.

• Love 13

That was a nice little informercial for Trump on this morning's show.  Suddenly he is an international relations genius.  First he knew invading Iraq was a bad idea, then he saw all this coming in Brussels.  He's practically psychic.  His talk of stepping up torture gives Sunny the warm fuzzies for him.  But what about the Geneva Convention??? said no one on the panel.   Isn't it wrong to let terrorists change our most core American values in response to their actions??? said crickets. Nah, what this country needs is a rack in every basement and an iron maiden in every garage!  And while you're at it, piss on NATO!  Yay Trump! 

I expect this kind of foolishness from Paula.  It's Sunny who really disappointed me.  She is an educated, worldly woman.  She even admitted her change of heart about Trump was shocking to her.  You'd think such doubts might have given her a bit more pause before she linked arms with Miss Priss and joined in singing Trump's praises.   I wonder if she will walk back her statements about all this later in the week when she calms down a bit or watches herself on TV and hears how stupid she sounded. 

I actually found myself missing Whoopi today because she would not have let this increased torture talk go as unchallenged as it did.  Joy was at least a voice of semi-reasonableness, pointing out that torture is actually an ineffective interrogation technique.   But Joy holds back when she is the moderator, and today is not a day I wanted her to hold back.  She did put Paula in her place over one dumb thing she said, but I can't recall what it was.  There were just too many dumb things said on today's show to keep track of.

Speaking of Joy and Paula, someone said the other day that they have some kind of fun dynamic or playful energy thing going on.  Well, I have been looking for it and I have seen pretty much the opposite.  Joy is always contradicting Paula's stupid observations and assertions and I don't think she has very much respect for her opinions at all.  Joy is not as short with Paula as I have seen her be with other people, but she doesn't seem to be joking around with her from what I can see.  Frankly, I believe Joy thinks Paula is a dimwit, and I do, too.  And it pained me today to see Sunny falling in step with her. 

~edited, because when I insult people, I prefer to spell their names correctly~

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 16

That was a nice little informercial for Trump on this morning's show.  Suddenly he is an international relations genius.  First he knew invading Iraq was a bad idea, then he saw all this coming in Brussels.  He's practically psychic.  His talk of stepping up torture gives Sonny the warm fuzzies for him.  But what about the Geneva Convention??? said no one on the panel.   Isn't it wrong to let terrorists change our most core American values in response to their actions??? said crickets. Nah, what this country needs is a rack in every basement and an iron maiden in every garage!  And while you're at it, piss on NATO!  Yay Trump!

The bold is mine. Never mind that the attackers came from Belgium or that the French were searching there. No, Trump was right (not). I was just staring at the tv and not sure who said what exactly. Someone said Trump actually has a foreign policy. I have no idea what they are hearing. I really couldn't believe Sonny doing a 180. Maybe we should build a wall around Trump and make him pay for it.

• Love 16

And what the hell was it that Raven said, something along the lines of how people need to be careful about what they say that inflames the anger of the terrorists?  I noticed Paula shoot a side eye toward the producers.  My dogs shot ME a side eye when she said that.  Really?  Really Raven?

Does she seriously think everyone on earth should have to tiptoe around the feelings of these people?  And that even if we all did, it would assuage their hatred of America (or Belgium, for that matter) and the values they stand for?  I'm sorry.  But I just can't with that kid any more.

And yes I call her "kid" even though I know she is thirty years old.  Because there is something so naive and oblivious and childish about her thinking and her verbiage (yes, Raven you birdbrain, it's an actual word ... you almost got one right today).   She just has NO BUSINESS being on a show like this.  

• Love 14

Yes, and a Trump presidency is what ISIS wants. More fearmongering to disguise the fact that American rights are being stripped away, creating more terrorists as a byproduct. Huge failure in logic on Sunny's part.

ISIS wouldn't mind a Cruz presidency either. He says he wants to patrol and secure Muslim communities in the US. ( Next step is internment camps, I suppose). I'm sure that wouldn't stir up any animosity, would it? I hate all the knee jerk reactions after a terrorist attack by these pompous, know nothing chicken hawks. All the terrorists have to do is sit back and watch US politicians react in the most stupid way possible. (Let's hope Sunny was just temporarily stripped of her brain power today.)

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 12

And what the hell was it that Raven said, something along the lines of how people need to be careful about what they say that inflames the anger of the terrorists?  I noticed Paula shoot a side eye toward the producers.  My dogs shot ME a side eye when she said that.  Really?  Really Raven?

Does she seriously think everyone on earth should have to tiptoe around the feelings of these people?  And that even if we all did, it would assuage their hatred of America (or Belgium, for that matter) and the values they stand for?  I'm sorry.  But I just can't with that kid any more.

And yes I call her "kid" even though I know she is thirty years old.  Because there is something so naive and oblivious and childish about her thinking and her verbiage (yes, Raven you birdbrain, it's an actual word ... you almost got one right today).   She just has NO BUSINESS being on a show like this.  

My bold.  .... & I second that!!!!

• Love 8

I didn't notice Miss Whoopi being under the weather yesterday, hmmmm....take your time and feel better, please don't rush back on our account!  LOL  Raven is just too dumb for words and the person(s) who hired her are even dumber.  How many times did she ask for help with words today?!  And when one of the others is talking and the camera pans the whole table she had to widen her eyes significantly and look towards it like are y'all seein' my angry face right now!  GROW UP!

• Love 8

Okay I haven't watched today's yet, obvious reasons (at work), but based on what I've read? I hope Sunny gets bombed with Tweets on her Twitter Feed! And let's see if she'll say anything tomorrow about how she's totes okay with more torture, and how she's now on Drumpf's side.

• Love 5

Aside from the stupid terrorist conversation today I spewed coffee when they were talking about the childbirth video on FB. Raven said kids her age <snerk> need to see things like that so they know what it's all about. Again, Raven's prime source of information is social media. Unbelievable.

• Love 8

Even though Raven has the maturity of a 12 yr. old she really does need to stop referring to herself as a kid.  Just because you act like something doesn't make you that something.  If she wasn't in show business her childish antics would most definitely hinder her from having any sort of gainful employment. 

• Love 9

One other annoying thing about Raven is her puffed-up smugness when crowing that she said something before and she was the first to say it, and now it's happened! Sorry I can't be more specific but she did it twice today. I watched at lunch and was trying to rest since i was so sleepy this a.m., and now I can't remember, plus I deleted the show. I need to post asap after watching. I can't stand Raven, but her hair/rainbow wig looked beautiful texture-wise.

However, Samantha Bee had a great piece on atheism on her show on Monday night.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 7
However, Samantha Bee had a great piece on atheism on her show on Monday night.

Now there's a smart woman armed with the facts.  Mentioning Samantha Bee in a post for this confederacy of dunces is like mentioning Meryl Streep in a post about Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

• Love 12

Sunny is on for the 1885498230954867364548740540540957830767983639th time. Just add her to the opening and be done with it.

Since she is now  the "ABC" legal analyst, why does she has plenty of time for this show? Isn't Dan Abrams the ABC legal guy?

Good show today!!  Joy was really pissed about the Brussels bombings & that was the first Hot Topic.  I thought the whole show was good (it would have been great without Raven though).  I checked out when Oprah's favorite things started.

I completely agree MC.  It's not just Joy's excellent moderating, I think the entire tone of the show changes when Whoopi is not there.   I honestly enjoyed all the differing opinions - from logical to nonsensical [Raven] - because these four co-hosts discussed them without rancor or finger pointing or any of the other unpleasantness that always seems to happen when Miss Whoopi is at the table. 

I was even amazed they mentioned a Hot Topic (Terrorist Attack in Brussels] instead of waiting the usual two or three days. Now this is a show I could watch - still plenty to snark on but less to hate. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 10

I loveJoy, but she could have done a better job in her retorts to Paula and Sunny's tongue bath of The Donald. Ewwww. The "voice of reason" crap was just too much for me.

• Love 5

I loveJoy, but she could have done a better job in her retorts to Paula and Sunny's tongue bath of The Donald. Ewwww. The "voice of reason" crap was just too much for me.

I'm probably wrong, but I don't think Sunny called Trump "the voice of reason."  I think she said his ISIS rhetoric  "sounded reasonable"  to her today.   And I liked how Joy handled it by simply asking her why she felt that way and to picture this completely unqualified candidate as POTUS next November which gave Sunny pause and she said she couldn't even imagine that.     Whoopi would have just shouted her down with, "NO NO NO you're wrong" and then pointed and preached that "people better learn their history."    

I often don't agree with any of the co-hosts at the table but I liked how they are often different and don't always follow political lines.  And while I was surprised at Sunny's reaction to Brussels and Trump, I found it interesting because 1) I don't think she's alone in that and 2) I don't think she really thought it through until they talked about it.    Or maybe it's just the way they talked about it that I found interesting.  Joy, Sunny, and Paula are even able to listen to Raven's non-English opinions without snickering although I swear Paula looks amused everytime Raven opens her mouth.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

I'm probably wrong, but I don't think Sunny called Trump "the voice of reason."  I think she said his ISIS rhetoric  "sounded reasonable"  to her today.   And I liked how Joy handled it by simply asking her why she felt that way and to picture this completely unqualified candidate as POTUS next November which gave Sunny pause and she said she couldn't even imagine that.     Whoopi would have just shouted her down with, "NO NO NO you're wrong" and then pointed and preached that "people better learn their history."    

I often don't agree with any of the co-hosts at the table but I liked how they are often different and don't always follow political lines.  And while I was surprised at Sunny's reaction to Brussels and Trump, I found it interesting because 1) I don't think she's alone in that and 2) I don't think she really thought it through until they talked about it.    Or maybe it's just the way they talked about it that I found interesting.  Joy, Sunny, and Paula are even able to listen to Raven's non-English opinions without snickering although I swear Paula looks amused everytime Raven opens her mouth.  

BBM

I think it was Paula who used the "voice of reason" bit.

• Love 1

BBM

I think it was Paula who used the "voice of reason" bit.

What does BBM stand for?  

And yeah, I can see Paula saying that more than Sunny.   Most of the time I think Paula just likes to stir the pot and play devil's advocate regarding Trump but that may just be wishful thinking on my part because I have a very difficult time with the idea that someone that's as reasonable and educated as she seems to be anyway, supporting that crazy demagogue.   Some "poorly educated" (as Trump himself has called his supporters) middle aged white man who lost his factory job to Mexico makes more sense as a Trump supporter to me than a successful woman broadcaster with a good career going.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

UGH.  No, Sunny not only said Drumpf was the voice of reason AND that his rhetoric sounded reasonable to her today. And then Paula jumped on the bandwagon, and threw out the word "resonated" which Sunny also picked up and repeated. Which, just no. Just because that blowhard wasn't yelling and screaming, and throwing out invectives, doesn't mean he's changed. He's still a racist, bigoted, xenophobic (is that the right word?), fear mongering ASSHOLE he ever was.

And of course "millions" (rolling my eyes at Raven's choice of the number) are voting for him, because "WE" finally can "SEE" what his supporters have seen ALL.THIS.TIME. But WE are such racists, and haters, that we could only "SEE" the vile, racist, bigoted shit coming out of his mouth. So 'WE' have been wrong, and his racist followers are RIGHT. Which is such UTTER BULLSHIT.

I'm going to try and be reasonable and say that Sunny is reacting to fear--that this attack in Brussels, makes her fear that ISIS may soon one day attack the U.S. And remember how we all reacted after 9/11. To HIT BACK at that which ATTACKED and murdered so many of our citizens. But I still hope her Twitter feed got bombed. Because, just no. 

I LOVED how Joy just hit out there and stuck to her guns and asked them all, and Sunny, how she would feel if Drumpf is President in November.  And her reaction? Just further proves her nonsense and 360 about this dangerous asshole is an automatic fear reflex.

And Raven can shut it. Yeah, let's all try and understand the terrorists, sing "Kumbaya" and "Can we all just get along?" naivete.

Paula can also shut up. And Sunny. About how Drumpf "called it" back in January. His spouting off about what a hell hole Brussels has became wasn't a hellhole because of the terrorists who took over and decided to bomb it. It took time for it to become what it did. He just got lucky. Because all he can do is talktalktalktalk and not have a single fucking answer as to HOW and WHAT we should do, if anything.

Sunny did redeem herself to me, when she adamantly said "NO" to having fences, walls and borders.  yes Paula, let's let the US just close itself off from all other countries, so we'll be safe. And no one will ever, ever hurt us again! How stupid is that kind of thinking?

And as soon as the sun will rise tomorrow, the fucking Drumpf will use this in his ads, should be become the nominee and against Hillary.

Yeah, I do wish Joy had hit back harder at them. But at least she didn't let them "convince" her to think as they do.

Whew.

That said. I'm with Sunny when it comes to showing your fucking BIRTH and all the bodily fluids, body parts that come with it on social media. I don't CARE that it was on a private page. All it would take is for one friend to copy and paste and Share it with others and soon it could become public. And it's not sexualizing it, either,, Paula! Sunny was right--With the advent of social media-Face Book, Tumbler, Instagram, Twitter, society is too much into oversharing. Nothing is ever fucking private anymore.  And it's NOT the same as breastfeeding, unless you're not covering most of your boob, but letting it all hang out, and letting the public see your baby suckling you?

Raven proves herself to be an idiot again. Hey! Did y'all know? We humans created ourselves! And it's up to us to know what we want to believe in and since she had issues with God, she doesn't invoke God, and doesn't believe in God, but in...synergy!!!!

And again, Paula is trying too hard to show how she and Joy are buuuuuuds, with that line she threw out about how gorgeous Joy is and will still be when she dies. Uhhhh, yeah. Okay.

Morgan Freeman!!!!! He's like my honorary Grandpa now! He entertained me as a child on Electric Company, and then when he segued to Hollywood, with his many wonderful roles.

And I will end with (because I'm still watching Morgan) that this horrific thing that happened in Brussels? It's for our current president, President Obama to handle. Neither Hillary or that Blowhard Orangutan Drumpf have any say on how it should be handled, or what we should do.  Just like Romney shoud have kept his PIE HOLE SHUT when the attack in Benghazi happened four years ago.

And now, I'll shut MY Pie hole.

• Love 13

UGH.  No, Sunny not only said Drumpf was the voice of reason AND that his rhetoric sounded reasonable to her today. And then Paula jumped on the bandwagon, and threw out the word "resonated" which Sunny also picked up and repeated. Which, just no. Just because that blowhard wasn't yelling and screaming, and throwing out invectives, doesn't mean he's changed. He's still a racist, bigoted, xenophobic (is that the right word?), fear mongering ASSHOLE he ever was...

...I'm going to try and be reasonable and say that Sunny is reacting to fear--that this attack in Brussels, makes her fear that ISIS may soon one day attack the U.S. And remember how we all reacted after 9/11. To HIT BACK at that which ATTACKED and murdered so many of our citizens. But I still hope her Twitter feed got bombed. Because, just no. 

I LOVED how Joy just hit out there and stuck to her guns and asked them all, and Sunny, how she would feel if Drumpf is President in November.  And her reaction? Just further proves her nonsense and 360 about this dangerous asshole is an automatic fear reflex.

Bolding mine.  Thanks for the clarification on who said what, GH.   You said what I was trying to say about Sunny's comments only so much better and I think by the end of the conversation, she realized it too.   

I wish someone would have taken Sunny's point about fear, the fear that comes from an attack, like Brussels, like Paris, like 9/11 and remind them this is exactly what the Bush Administration used to get people [the Senate] to support invading Iraq.  Which by the way, was the genesis for ISIS.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

GHScorpio said:

Morgan Freeman!!!!! He's like my honorary Grandpa now! He entertained me as a child on Electric Company, and then when he segued to Hollywood, with his many wonderful roles?

I so agree! I love his voice and Shawshank Redemption is one of my very favorite movies of his. My husband, son and I have a running joke about "There's Morgan Freeman again - he's everywhere!!" Because, honestly, he pops up so regularly on stuff we watch on TV, movies, read and hear. He does voice over on lots of commercials, documentaries, etc. We went to see a movie about penguins and my son yelled out "Mom, it's Morgan Freeman" in the theater when he heard the narrator. If you are interested Google"Facts about Morgan Freeman" to find a hilarious YouTube video about his omnipresence....

Edited by CathinAZ
  • Love 6

And I love to travel.

I was Instanbul in Oct 2015 - lovely people, beautiful city.

Ditto Brussels, if you haven't seen Manniquin Pis (sp!) it is the cutest thing ever!!1!!

Do not miss it.

My entire family knows, if something happens on a trip, then it happened to me doing something I love- - -an d that would be traveling and seeing the sights the world has to offer and meeting those who live there.

PS, yes indeed, it could happen here - and has if anyone remembers Oklahoma City.

Homegrown terrorists are the ones we should fear the most, not "the other". Altho' we seem to create "the other" due to our exclusion policies.

• Love 17

I could not agree more Kay. I traveled a lot and even traveled to China 1 year after Tianamen Square

and 1 year after the Bali bombings.

We cannot live in fear....btw - I would love to visit Istanbul!

• Love 8

Aside from the stupid terrorist conversation today I spewed coffee when they were talking about the childbirth video on FB. Raven said kids her age <snerk> need to see things like that so they know what it's all about. Again, Raven's prime source of information is social media. Unbelievable.

Yeah, kids need sex ed, not to see their friend shoot out a placenta on Twitter. Not that I’m falling in line with Sunny’s ultra conservative skin-is-a-sin attitude either. If it bothers her that much, she can scroll down, drop the friend from her social media, get a life, etc.

• Love 3

What really bothered me today was how knee-jerk reacting they all were (except Joy) to the bombings in Brussels.   Let's analyze what Drumpf said. He said he would go after ISIS big time.  No more "tiddly-winks" (implying this is what the US gov't is doing today).  He would waterboard and do even more torture than that.  

Seriously?  That is a plan?  I lost all respect I had slowly gained for Sonny Hostin.  If she thinks that sounds reasonable?  WTF.  Should the US President, or in my case, the Canadian Prime Minister, engender fear and random aggression a la "24"?  No.  That is not what I am looking for from my leader.

The View crew should do a bit of research.  The fact that Brussels would be hit has been well understood.  Well before the recent arrest of the terrorist behind the France attacks.  Drumpf is no genius here.

It pains me that the only person on the panel that actually understands this stuff is Joy.

• Love 14

I wish someone would have taken Sunny's point about fear, the fear that comes from an attack, like Brussels, like Paris, like 9/11 and remind them this is exactly what the Bush Administration used to get people [the Senate] to support invading Iraq.  Which by the way, was the genesis for ISIS.   

EXACTLY!!     IF we give in to the FEAR, then Trump and Cruz's dream of having anyone who is Muslim be segregated and "watched"  will be the reality.  

And what did Drumpf say that was so important?  That he's in favor of torture.  that was in response to being asked what his plan would be, if he were president when Brussels was attacked.  I'm sorry, but how is that a plan?  WHO exactly was he going to torture for info, and what info?

I don't understand Raven and Paula LIKING the childbirth photo on Facebook.  Raven saying "her generation"  doesn't have so much modesty, and want the information about childbirth.    Yes, there are childbirth videos - if you're pregnant, you can take a class, there's a video of what happens, so you can be prepared.  BUT -  there's a big difference, at least to me, between seeing a video of some stranger I don't know giving birth, and  seeing a co-worker, friend, or, husband's cousin.   For ME, I would have a hard time the next time I saw that woman,  getting the image out of my mind.  Poor Raven, though, isn't aware that there are other ways to get information besides facebook.

I am eternally grateful that my kids were born before videotaping births became a big thing.   Nobody needs to see me screaming my head off about those big-headed babies that kept refusing to come out!

• Love 7

Watching the show late,  I wonder -  did The View get some negativity about their political leanings?  And, since they had Morgan Freeman, a huge Hillary Clinton supporter, on, were they  told to start the show with SOME positivity about Trump?  I don't know, I just thought they might have been getting some flack.  I noticed a lot of the tweets they show on the bottom of the screen are pro-Trump. 

Morgan Freeman was brilliant in saying that different religions have more in common than they have differences. 

One last thing -  I HATE, absolutely HATE the Twitter feed n the bottom of the screen. (unless, of course, someone from here wants to post their thoughts, I would love that!)  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 8

The media has been falling over themselves to cover Trump since Day One. Tonight I heard some analyst say he has received the equivalent to 400 million dollars worth of air time in something like six weeks without spending a dime.  Some attribute it to the crazy cable news media, some to Trump's superior media strategy. Personally, I think it's our celebrity obsessed culture but whatever it is this show is doing it too.  

Poor Raven, though, isn't aware that there are other ways to get information besides facebook.

Unfortunately, I think that's true.   I don't believe Raven is dumb,  but she is extremely ignorant.  I credit her childhood/young adulthood spent in TV studios for this.   I mean the main thing I learned in college was How to Learn.  Raven spent her life learning how to perform on camera. 

One last thing -  I HATE, absolutely HATE the Twitter feed n the bottom of the screen. (unless, of course, someone from here wants to post their thoughts, I would love that!)

Oh backformore, our tweets would never get through whoever screens them!  But  I hate them too and I mostly just ignore it.

• Love 6

First (and still) Paula and now Sunny prove how pathetic an age we live in when simple accountability for the facts becomes onerous and even offensive.  It should be common knowledge by now that the people who actually performed "enhanced" interrogation as well as the people who train our armed forces on how to behave when captured by hostile forces as well as the intel operatives that did extract information regarding pending terrorists plans have all said repeatedly that torture does not work.  It simply does not.  This has been a fact for some time since even before the Cheney era of bloody rule ended. 

No one was tortured which told of plans to attack the World Trade Center.  No one was tortured to tell us they were planning on using hijacked planes as weapons.  Yet we knew.  And ignored it.  Yet somehow Sunny thinks how wonderful and apt the bluster and bravado from someone who has never worked with the intelligence community, armed forces or the government except cashing in on loopholes to save his sagging to the back of his knees ass*** when he does yet another foolish grab for more wealth beyond his financial intellect and ken. 

And sadly enhanced interrogation did not stop the London attacks did they?  The ones Cheney conveniently ignores because they did not happen on US soil. 

Also what I found odd in Sunny was almost the idea she had that all you need is one terrorist and you will crack every plot that group has or will have.  She needs to have someone ask her just who are we supposed to torture?  Every ethnic group member we see as a threat until we get a plot?  Even many of the terrorists who carry out the deeds are unaware of actual plot details until the last moment.  But she conveniently ignores that the man she is saying is wise on the matter does pretty much think entire ethnic groups of people should be treated as enemies no matter their ideas on their own faith or others let alone their nationality.  Because at the root of the idea of enhanced interrogation is the idea of profiling, bigotry and cultural hate.  Something five minutes of actual thought on the matter might have filled Sunny in.  Instead she went with easy, dumb and ignorant.  She should watch out because if you take the same path enough it starts to define you in its entire no matter how you might try to change later on. 

It used to be that people who got put in the information medium of media held themselves to a standard of at least striving to be factual.  To have some notion of how things actually work.  Instead we get littered, as on this show, with people more interested in just being in front of a camera.  Not even having the tiniest bit of self-respect to raise one's own standards of responsibility to the job once they have it. 

***because of his history of saying looks are the sole measurement of one's worth I have no problem putting it right back on his ugly disgusting chicken anus lipped face and gestating a full grown demon gut.

• Love 14

Sure hope Joy comes armed today. RW media and Republican candidates are going nuts over PBO attending baseball game instead of rushing home to . . . do what? personally waterboard suspected terrorists, imprison their families, bomb ISIL wherever? What a bunch of morons. 

• Love 13

Shaddup, Jedediah! What an a-hole! You cannot honestly think that it makes sense for the President to jump on a plane to deliver a speech in Brussels. Only in the Fox bubble. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 14

Hulk Hogan's lawyer seriously needs to invest in a better wig. HH is, and always has been an AHole.

When the lawyer started talking and the camera focused on him I woke my cat up from his slumber with my reaction to that wig/toupee.

• Love 3

Joy is crushin' it! As the kids say.  NO way should the POTUS jump on any plane bc of any terror act. That gives control to the enemy.  Freaking out is what they want (after death of as many as possible) 

• Love 13

As soon as the Pres said he wouldn't change his schedule and planned to attend the baseball game I knew Republicans would have a field day with the optics.

That Trumplike hair was scary. It distracted me from the story.

So The View is paying people to watch? I'll be waiting for my check. <snerk>

• Love 4

Since I have no doubts that were President Obama immediately go to Brussels as the new conservative talking point is shoving, the meme would flip and decry his impulsive behavior that is costly and puts him and the nation at greater risk as well as panders to foreigners in some way shape or form.  The meme would be that he is more worried about those nations than his own (Benghazi!).  Or that he simply acts without thinking.  After all, Fox leads the charge on Opposite President Obama Eight Years.  Whatever he does is going to be wrong. 

I think the response to stupid people like Jed is simply asking "what does Belgium and Brussels want?"  Do they want to have the huge manpower and money outlay to accommodate the President of the United States?  Second question "does the CIA and FBI and Secret Service consider going there RIGHT NOW to be safe in the nation's best interests in regards to keeping our leader secure?" and third question "are you comfortable, no matter how you feel for the people of Brussels, having our nation's leader simply react to Terrorists committing mass murder and not acting in our nation's best interest first and foremost"  And when answering any of those questions do not follow opinion or play games, Jedidiah, as to what you would like, feel or think.  Stick to the facts please.  And if you can't, shut your pie hole and go back to screaming about Hillary's emails.  Because the people of Brussels certainly aren't feeling you and your meme that is for sure.  Even though that is the false theme of how disrespectful it is to them. 

As feel good as a united front of world leaders marching hand in hand might be, it also stands it might be harmful too.  It might show how much an impact such attacks have and only strengthen the resolve of committing the next one.  I'm glad I don't have to make pragmatic choices that might make me look cold or unfeeling but be in the best interests of our nation.  That is why we have a President after all. 

If that doesn't work simplify Joy's excellent stance.  Every time the likes of Jedidiah opens her trap simply go "and then the Terrorists win".  We had that shoved down our throat to goad us into a false and bloody war in Iraq as well as let the Bush White House whittle away right after right so we might as well dust it off to some good use now, right?

• Love 15

Shaddup, Jedediah! What an a-hole! You cannot honestly think that it makes sense for the President to jump on a plane to deliver a speech in Brussels. Only in the Fox bubble. 

Yeah, but her HAIR looked fantastic. 

Raven's point about police patrolling black neighborhoods, and comparing that to profiling Muslims, didn't make sense. 

Police DO put more patrols in neighborhoods where there is gang violence on the street - high crime neighborhoods, where people are being shot. 

Muslim neighborhoods? I am not aware of there being a lot of gang violence in neighborhoods around a mosque.    or is the idea that they are plotting against the U.S.  in these neighborhoods?  Because if we start "patrolling", which to me means surveillance on religious meetings,  that is one way to cause more Muslims to think that America is the enemy. 

• Love 5

I'm confused. Why would President Obama fly to Brussels? Makes no sense to me. I do remember being in DC on 9/11 and Bush flying around the country for hours without addressing the country. That day I thought - where's the President? Not - where's the leader of Brussels? Why isn't he here?

• Love 17

One last thing -  I HATE, absolutely HATE the Twitter feed n the bottom of the screen. (unless, of course, someone from here wants to post their thoughts, I would love that!)

No one HATES that more than me!!!

Hate, hate, hate it!!

• Love 2

Since I have no doubts that were President Obama immediately go to Brussels as the new conservative talking point is shoving, the meme would flip and decry his impulsive behavior that is costly and puts him and the nation at greater risk as well as panders to foreigners in some way shape or form.  The meme would be that he is more worried about those nations than his own (Benghazi!).  Or that he simply acts without thinking.  After all, Fox leads the charge on Opposite President Obama Eight Years.  Whatever he does is going to be wrong

As feel good as a united front of world leaders marching hand in hand might be, it also stands it might be harmful too.  It might show how much an impact such attacks have and only strengthen the resolve of committing the next one.  I'm glad I don't have to make pragmatic choices that might make me look cold or unfeeling but be in the best interests of our nation.  That is why we have a President after all. 

BBM

THIS ^^^^^ exactly!

Be united, but don't put it on the effing news. TERRORISTS WANT A REACTION.  Sheesh. Why cant that table of twits see that? (Joy excluded from the twit list)

• Love 2

What we have to do is take the payoff out of this terror thing. Take the thrill out of it. Mention it once on the news and STOP TALKING. They effing love that. (imo) They especially love it  when they see their names (or family member's name) and photos blasted all over the world. Stop feeding these idiots.  And they are not real Muslims anyway. They are murderers. Real Muslims live in peace. Oh let me shutty

BBM = ????

Bold By Me.... I used the bold. not the OP (Original Poster)

for emphasis and quick skimming.

• Love 3

From what I read, the terrorists in Brussels were careful not to attend mosques and shaved their beards so they would blend in with an average male European.  I think Trump and Cruz picture terrorists running around neighborhoods with alarm clocks taped to their chest.  They are after a holy war, so I think Raven was getting at we need to be careful what we say because Trump and Cruz are giving them what they want.  I live in Cleveland, so the RNC is coming up this summer, so I keep wondering how much Trump and Cruz are inviting the crazies to do something crazy there.  And I agree, they are probably encouraged with the press coverage in a similar way mass shooters are.  I think Obama has the right idea, keep doing what your doing and don't allow them to alter your plans, the same way posters here have said they are still willing to travel internationally.  I can see how having fun at a ball game is in poor taste, but he's a human being afterall, and terrible shit happens everyday.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 8