Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/21/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday 3/21:  “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices. (Hoping this means it's a day of Tepid Topics)

Tuesday 3/22:  Morgan Freeman (“The Story of God with Morgan Freeman”).

Wednesday 3/23: Exclusive interview with political commentator Keith Olbermann on the heels of recent Washington Post op-ed piece, exclaiming, “I can’t stand to live in a Trump building anymore.”

Thursday 3/24: Dr. Ben Carson.

Friday 3/25: Contributor Padma Lakshmi (“Love, Loss and What We Ate”).

• Love 1

When was the last time Padma was on??

I don't think she has any View tea to spill other that what we already know. All these "contributors" have been a complete bust and all we got was airhead Sara Haines and Sunny!

• Love 2

....and the relationship expert Miss Whoopi is back. Ya know, hindsight reveals missed opportunities & anyone can offer good, sage advice, but actually living that advice is a whole 'nother thang, Whoops.

The crosstalk is extra bad for me today.

• Love 3

So Whoopi decides to make Paula’s love letters a hot topic… Welcome back, Whoopi. Seriously, she is worse than Wendy Williams at this point, dictating when a person should get married, what way they should talk when married, how they should do x, y, z when married, etc. I’m surprised Miss Whoopi doesn’t dispense advice on how every couple should do x position x number of times a week or they don’t have a happy marriage! What a bitch.

I like how Joy gives no ****s about Whoopi’s ego, correcting her right out the gate. Her comments about sex tapes are problematic—joking about Erin Andrews last week (or two weeks ago), and calling Hulk Hogan a big wuss today. I don’t get how a person feeling violated and crying is unrealistic to her? Thankfully I agreed with her most of the time on other topics to make up for that.

Looks like Michelle being serious wasn’t a coincidence; she’s really making an effort to bring more to the table. Take today’s group, have Joy replace Whoopi and add Sara, and that would be a decent panel.

• Love 6

Wonder if Miss Whoop's noticed that this panel is on to her. Not a one is intimidated by her and they're not going to let her get away with her normal BS.  They respond to her as an equal not like she's superior to them. Must really burn her. And, gag, those awful segues - leading into the landlord denying Trump supporters, Miss Whoopi says "Speaking of clouds . . . " Why can't she just say, "moving on" or "next topic"? 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 10

I still have love letters from 1000 years ago. Some memories are just very hard to discard. Whoopi says it's disrespectful to your current relationship to keep that stuff. I'm not sure that's true. I'm more with Paula that it's mainly about memories and poses no threat to 'now'.

• Love 10

Actually surprised me how deflated I felt when she walked out.

Not sure why .... perhaps it was due to the holding of my breath

hoping against hope the she monster wasn't returning yet . :-(

• Love 9

I wish they wouldn't bring up topics that they really know nothing about. The whole benevolent sexism thing only served to ridicule feminism. For Joy to say the only thing that matters with feminism is equal pay is just fucking wrong. She disappoints me daily. This reminds me a lot of a story I read on jezebel the other day about a woman who was sent in the seventies to do a story about feminism for Playboy magazine. She set out to interview the famous women from the women's movement like Gloria Steinem and Betty Frieden. She finally realized that they wanted her to do a story that would ridicule feminism because feminism was a threat to Playboy. He wanted the "kooky" women of feminism-wanted her to focus on things like this benevolent sexism issue because taken out of context and not explored thoroughly can sound ridiculous. Here is a better explanation of benevolent sexism:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/131418-7-examples-of-benevolent-sexism-that-are-just-as-harmful-as-hostile-sexism

• Love 4

@GiveMeSpace: I felt similar. Benevolent sexism is like positive stereotypes--it is still damaging in its own way to women and men. I guess I just don't think holding a door for someone is sexist though. If you refuse to hold the door for anyone but women, then maybe I'd agree. Still, I rolled my eyes to hear Paula leading the charge since sexism is a recurring theme with her.

I didn't fully agree with Joy, but I could see what she meant. Imo, the minor things are important, too, but something like crying sexism over door-holding really bogs down the bigger issues.

• Love 4

I am not offended when anyone holds a door or opens a door for me. I have never met any feminists who were mad about that in any way. I am not saying that they don't exist, but I felt like they brought this up as way to belittle feminism whether it was intentional or not, I don't know. If Getty was there, I would say his greasy hands were all over that topic. The thing that bugs me is that I spend a lot of time discussing feminism on various sites and in my classes for graduate school. These are not the issues that we are discussing, but we do talk about microaggressions. I had a boss in the eighties that was sexist as hell, but he always meant well. I mean I liked him and he was the kind of guy who would hold open doors for his female employees. He would also pay men more to work in our department (jewelry) because as he explained, they had to lift heavy stuff for us. Such bullshit. Jewelry is pretty light even when there is a big box of it. He also wanted female employees to cook and bring dishes for holiday meals but asked the guys to bring a 2 liter coke or paper plates. In all the seven years that I worked there, I refused to ever participate in any of those meals because I felt they were sexist. 

Anyway-the whole door opening thing is really a non-issue for the most part, but it is part of the bigger picture. When that boss opened the door for me, I would think, if he thinks so much of me that I need his chivalry, why isn't he concerned that I struggle to make ends meet while my male, lesser experienced counterparts are paid more money?

ETA-I think I missed why this topic was brought up at all. Was there a story of someone being offended by having a man hold the door for them?

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 6

Frankly I don't care if anyone keeps old love letters but I feel the panel missed the obvious question for Paula, how would she feel about her husband keeping love letters from old girlfriends?

• Love 6

I'm not sure how the door opening thing started either. I tend to zone out when Whoopi is talking. I don't mind having a door opened in the normal course of entering or exiting. It doesn't matter if it is a man or woman. I think that comes down to being polite. I hate to have a man reach around me to open a door or refuse to go through because I opened it before he could. As far as my husband opening the car door, he knows better than to do that. We met 40 years ago and he opened my car door and I closed it. I told him to never do that again, that I could open my own door. Having a man open a door that I could open myself has always bothered me. It makes me feel lesser than. 

For the record, I think the term sexist is started to get overused. We don't have to label everything. YMMV

• Love 3
For the record, I think the term sexist is started to get overused. We don't have to label everything. YMMV

I don't always refer to sexists as sexist-usually I just call them assholes.

Edited by Drogo
Quote formatting.
  • Love 9

He also wanted female employees to cook and bring dishes for holiday meals but asked the guys to bring a 2 liter coke or paper plates. In all the seven years that I worked there, I refused to ever participate in any of those meals because I felt they were sexist.

LOL, GiveMeSpace...That's a good point, but I have an even better reason for not participating in these workplace meals after watching an episode of Hoarders where the homeowner was preparing a dish for her office holiday party.  Ewwwwww...sometimes you just don't know the background of the homes where these dishes are being prepared.  Unless I know the contributor personally, I'm likely to pass.  I once worked with a gal who "presented well", but lived in filth - was not about to eat anything from her kitchen where her cats walked the counters and stove, which were disgusting to begin with.  <shudder>

• Love 6

He also wanted female employees to cook and bring dishes for holiday meals but asked the guys to bring a 2 liter coke or paper plates. In all the seven years that I worked there, I refused to ever participate in any of those meals because I felt they were sexist.

HA!    I worked at a place like that!  once a month, we had breakfast meetings, where everyone had to bring something to share.  the boss talked about how his wife would have to stay up late the night before to bake something for the meeting.   A male colleague and I were the two newest people in the department.   And the boss commented to me that what I brought to the breakfast would be a way of him knowing "how I performed".  (HUH?)   And to the guy - he said, since you're single, why don't you bring a bottle of orange juice for your contribution?  

I didn't want to NOT bring anything, so I brought blueberry  cheesecake bars, and told the boss that my HUSBAND had been up late baking them.  when he gave me a weird look, I said, isn't that what you said?  that spouses were supposed to make something?  And (new guy)  didn't have to, because he wasn't married?  

He didn't get it.

Anyway - the whole "hold the door open"  thing is just what men who don't want to treat women as equals say to dismiss concerns.  they say that feminism is about doing away with chivalry, that women want to be treated like men. Benevolent sexism is treating women like they are not as capable of thinking, working, making decisions.     it's   bullshit!  Equal pay, equal opportunity, treat me like I'm worthwhile because of my skills and experience, not based on my attractiveness or skills in the kitchen .  Whoever gets to the door first, hold it open for the person behind you!

• Love 10

Personally, I like a man who opens doors & stands when I come & go from a table.  I also open/hold doors for men & women if circumstances allow.

I agree about people bringing "home made" stuff to work.  If I don't know you well, I'm not eating anything you cooked.  I've been to too many co-workers homes & cats on the counter is the least of it.  LOL.

• Love 10

Personally, I like a man who opens doors & stands when I come & go from a table.  I also open/hold doors for men & women if circumstances allow.

I agree about people bringing "home made" stuff to work.  If I don't know you well, I'm not eating anything you cooked.  I've been to too many co-workers homes & cats on the counter is the least of it.  LOL.

It's funny you say that about people who let cats on the counter. Just this morning a friend said the exact same thing to me after we were discussing eating food from a church function. She knew that one of the women lets her cat sit on the counter while she prepares food. Yuck! Cat hair all over the brownies! LOL

• Love 3

It's funny you say that about people who let cats on the counter. Just this morning a friend said the exact same thing to me after we were discussing eating food from a church function. She knew that one of the women lets her cat sit on the counter while she prepares food. Yuck! Cat hair all over the brownies! LOL

My bold.  Now that's a real coincidence!!!  I was speaking with my sister yesterday who's very active in her church.  She was telling me this is "her month" to organize the church ladies to provide sandwiches, etc., for functions like after-funeral gatherings, wakes, etc.  She was saying that all of the ladies knew the members of the church that provided food tainted with cat hair or not prepared in the most hygienic circumstances.  My sister told me that one lady bought "expired" sandwiches from a local deli, unwrapped them & put them on a plate like she'd made them.  Gag a rat!!!

• Love 2

Recipe for blueberry cheesecake bars please!!!!!!  YUMMO!

Sorry, it was a long time ago, and I gave up baking - because it was making me fat.

Working at a mental health center, I would get home made goodies  as gifts.  I always thanked the person, and told them I would share it with co-workers.  Then I'd put the goodies in the employee break room on the "share"  table.

I've always been especially cautious  due to what people posted above -  cats on counters. I'm deathly allergic to breathing cat dander, I don't know how I'd react to ingesting it.

• Love 4
Anyway - the whole "hold the door open"  thing is just what men who don't want to treat women as equals say to dismiss concerns.

It's also brought up by born-again Christian talk show hosts who hate the idea that men and women should be treated equally.

• Love 6

My bold.  Now that's a real coincidence!!!  I was speaking with my sister yesterday who's very active in her church.  She was telling me this is "her month" to organize the church ladies to provide sandwiches, etc., for functions like after-funeral gatherings, wakes, etc.  She was saying that all of the ladies knew the members of the church that provided food tainted with cat hair or not prepared in the most hygienic circumstances.  My sister told me that one lady bought "expired" sandwiches from a local deli, unwrapped them & put them on a plate like she'd made them.  Gag a rat!!!

Wow! That is a real coincidence!

• Love 1

Thank goodness I tuned in today to hear Whoopi explain that sometimes emails that say they are from Apple are not really from Apple and she knows this because once it happened to her and she checked with them and they said, "No it wasn't us."  haha Otherwise how would I ever know that my computer could be hacked?  Gee, thanks for the info from 2003 Whoopi.  But  I'm sure anyone that hacked into Whoopi's computer and found private pics would immediately go blind though so she's probably safe.

So Whoopi decides to make Paula’s love letters a hot topic… Welcome back, Whoopi. Seriously, she is worse than Wendy Williams at this point, dictating when a person should get married, what way they should talk when married, how they should do x, y, z when married, etc. I’m surprised Miss Whoopi doesn’t dispense advice on how every couple should do x position x number of times a week or they don’t have a happy marriage! What a bitch.

Oh  I think Whoopi is ten times worse than WW because WW is just her and her opinions alone.   Whoopi is supposed to be sharing with the table with four other co-hosts.   It seems to me she will disagree with Paula no matter what she said.  On the love letters, if Paula had said people shouldn't keep them, Whoopi would say, "That's why I'm single - I can do what I want including keeping old love letters!!"  

I still have love letters from 1000 years ago. Some memories are just very hard to discard. Whoopi says it's disrespectful to your current relationship to keep that stuff. I'm not sure that's true. I'm more with Paula that it's mainly about memories and poses no threat to 'now'.

Same here - I have love letters from the days before email and cell phones.  I haven't looked at them in almost 20 years but I keep them for all the reasons Paula mentioned. 

I did feel bad for Michelle saying she doesn't have old love letters only love emails.  Then Whoopi told her that those will just "vanish" one day.   Uh, nope.   I guess computer expert Whoopi knows as much as parent expert Whoopi.   I was duly impressed that Sunny's old flame wrote her a BOOK of poetry.  

Wonder if Miss Whoop's noticed that this panel is on to her. Not a one is intimidated by her and they're not going to let her get away with her normal BS.  They respond to her as an equal not like she's superior to them. Must really burn her. And, gag, those awful segues - leading into the landlord denying Trump supporters, Miss Whoopi says "Speaking of clouds . . . " Why can't she just say, "moving on" or "next topic"?

I love this too. Whoopi may still be there but the Whoopettes have all left the building.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

Ay yi yi!!!!!!!

First Michelle: being a blogger is NOT the same thing as being a journalist!  And I wasn't really paying attention to the specifics of the Hogan case, but I thought the stuff about him saying the n-word came out awhile back, and when it was released, the WWE kicked him out. So Whoopi, that part of the "news" was already taken care of.  This lawsuit had to do with gawker releasing the sex, which apparently, he wasn't cheating, because, supposedly/allegedly, the woman in question, his best friend's wife, and best friend, had an "open marriage" so if true, technically, she wasn't cheating. Now, I don't know if Hogan is married, so he could be the adulterer, unless he and his wife have the same type of marriage.

And Jeebus Cripes on a Cracker!  My morning show did a better job of explaining the hacking of Adele's Facebook account, than the women on this show. I have to say, again, Sunny, who I expect much better from, disappointed me today.  Apparently I think it was Adele's significant other's account that was hacked and then the sonogram of her baby posted on Face Book. Now, a devoted fan of Adele's, who "knew" that Adele would never post this publicly anywhere, got in touch with Adele's people and let them know what had happened so they could look into it, and that's how the public found out that Adele's account had been hacked.  But what do we get here? That Adele has always been private and has been upfront about keeping her child/children? out of the limelight. And that's it.

But what else is new?

And SHADDUP Whoopi. As if you know how Sunny or Paula's husbands feel. They could have their own love letters for all you know. And I'm with Paula here (AAACK!!!) that it's memories and nostalgia. If everyone did what Whoopi was advocating, we would never know about the many wonderful love letters written by and to the famous people in history! It's not as if those letters are stating that these old boyfriends want Sunny and Paula to leave their husbands and children and come back with them!  Whoopi's jes jealous, because I doubt she has any of her own. To you know, take out and read and reminisce about the first boyfriend you had who you exchanged mushy letters with; or maybe your only serious boyfriend in school, or college.

I know, for me, and Whoopi would probably think I deserve to be stoned, but I have a letters from a guy who I was friends with, and though I haven't read them in years, it makes me smile, for what could have been? Because by the time we realized our feelings for each other, it was too late for us. I was just married (arranged marriage, folks! Hey, I'm from India, and I was raised that way, so no judging!), and the timing just wasn't right for us. Not the same thing as with Sunny and Paula, but I still don't see the harm. It's like going back through your photo album from your high school years. You gonna take out, cut up all the prom pictures of you and your boyfriend because there's a chance your hubby may not like it? What about all the mementos? The movie ticket stub, the stuffed animal he won at a fair or carnival or Kings Dominion, Hershey Park, or Busch Gardens or Six Flaags? So STFU Whoopi.  I hated how Sunny and Paula were listening to her, as if she had made a valid point. UGH.

And sometimes, you just have to STOOP to that level to make the bully feel what he's done to you and others. So, shut up, Paula.

How STUPID is Whoopi? Wait, don't answer that. Emails just "disappear" all by themselves? Not unless you actually do the deleting, you NIMROD. I have emails that date back 10 fucking years in my yahoo. And the only emails that get trashed/deleted, are the ones in my trash bin in my gmail, because after a set period of time, it automatically, permanently deletes them. But only because that is how I have set it up!!!!!

And now, I"m gonna watch the rest of the show.

EGADS. God, give me STRENGTH.

All I have to say is, I am SO GLAD Raven wasn't on today.

• Love 7

GAH! Please, someone tell me, that it didn't sound like what I thought it sounded like when Paula was saying what President Obama should "do" regarding Cuba.  Please, someone tell me she wasn't advocating that the United States had to "tell" Cuba how to rule itself.  Because that worked SO well when we tried that with Iraq.

Oh boy, was Joy EVER WRONG about what feminism means. They need to get Gloria Steinhem back, STAT! to give them all a quick lesson on what it means!

Everything else? Don't care. Wait, I do. I actually like it when men open doors for me--be it cars or the door going into a restaurant, etc.  Why? Because I never had that during my teen early 20's years. Of course, there's chivalry and then there's selective chivalry. Because except for ONE TIME, about this time last year, when I'm riding the train, and it's full, not one MAN, not a single one, who was sitting, got up to offer me, or any other woman who was standing up, clutching at the pole, or edge of a seat, trying not to fall over, when the train halts to an abrupt stop.  Just sayin'.

Oh. And SHUT UP, Lena Dunham! I know it's difficult to tell from my posts, but I am a nice AND Kind person. It's not fakey, like the impression Michelle gave. I am just naturally nice. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.  Is that the right phrase, when one is trying to say you can be both?

ETA: I've since been corrected that Lena didn't say that, it was her character, Hannah, on Girls who said. Thanks for making me look like a bonehead, Whoopi!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

GAH! Please, someone tell me, that it didn't sound like what I thought it sounded like when Paula was saying what President Obama should "do" regarding Cuba.  Please, someone tell me she wasn't advocating that the United States had to "tell" Cuba how to rule itself.  Because that worked SO well when we tried that with Iraq.

Oh boy, was Joy EVER WRONG about what feminism means. They need to get Gloria Steinhem back, STAT! to give them all a quick lesson on what it means!

Everything else? Don't care. Wait, I do. I actually like it when men open doors for me--be it cars or the door going into a restaurant, etc.  Why? Because I never had that during my teen early 20's years. Of course, there's chivalry and then there's selective chivalry. Because except for ONE TIME, about this time last year, when I'm riding the train, and it's full, not one MAN, not a single one, who was sitting, got up to offer me, or any other woman who was standing up, clutching at the pole, or edge of a seat, trying not to fall over, when the train halts to an abrupt stop.  Just sayin'.

Oh. And SHUT UP, Lena Dunham! I know it's difficult to tell from my posts, but I am a nice AND Kind person. It's not fakey, like the impression Michelle gave. I am just naturally nice. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.  Is that the right phrase, when one is trying to say you can be both?

My bold.  I know a few people that are nice & kind.  I also know people who are only nice & kind to people that matter to them, not everyone.  Just sayin'.

• Love 3

LOL - at 69 and sometimes having a balance problem I was at the grocery store and they were out of carts. So I started over to one left outside and this young punk runs past me and grabs it. I said "that is a nice thing to do for a senior. He immediately apologized but I said no problem and woobled across the car lane for another cart.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4

Oh  I think Whoopi is ten times worse than WW because WW is just her and her opinions alone.   Whoopi is supposed to be sharing with the table with four other co-hosts.   It seems to me she will disagree with Paula no matter what she said.  On the love letters, if Paula had said people shouldn't keep them, Whoopi would say, "That's why I'm single - I can do what I want including keeping old love letters!!"  

What’s even more mind-boggling about it was that isn’t what she was arguing against the opposite of her book title, “If Someone Says You Complete Me, Run” anyway? Someone you’re married to should be secure enough to know your life didn’t begin and end with the moment you met them, and not be bothered if you have a few old, love letters.

• Love 6

Oh. And SHUT UP, Lena Dunham! I know it's difficult to tell from my posts, but I am a nice AND Kind person. It's not fakey, like the impression Michelle gave. I am just naturally nice. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.  Is that the right phrase, when one is trying to say you can be both?

Not surprisingly, I think Whoopi messed this up because Lena Dunham did not say that, her character said it on Sunday's show.  Lena and Hannah are not the same.  But I doubt whoever wrote the topic (or read it) bothered to learn the character's name.  

And Jeebus Cripes on a Cracker!  My morning show did a better job of explaining the hacking of Adele's Facebook account, than the women on this show. I have to say, again, Sunny, who I expect much better from, disappointed me today.  Apparently I think it was Adele's significant other's account that was hacked and then the sonogram of her baby posted on Face Book. Now, a devoted fan of Adele's, who "knew" that Adele would never post this publicly anywhere, got in touch with Adele's people and let them know what had happened so they could look into it, and that's how the public found out that Adele's account had been hacked.  But what do we get here? That Adele has always been private and has been upfront about keeping her child/children? out of the limelight. And that's it.

But what else is new?

Ha!  The crack production strikes again.   Whoopi actually read this off the teleprompter:    "According to...... someone, Adele's computer was hacked...."     Hmmmm, according to someone else Whoopi, you suck. 

But my favorite part of the of the show today was when in response to Paula's question about door opening, Miss Whoopi told us:

"I don't think about it, that's not what my day is about.   My day consists of How Do I Not Fall Off The Sidewalk and Not Screaming at People on the Street That Barrel Into Me With a Double Stroller.  My day is really all about how do I live in a world other people who were not raised the way I was raised, how do I deal with them?  Because everyone has cameras now, you can't really get mad, it's a whole thing.  So that's what I think about." 

Hahahaha   Classic Whoopi.  The only thing keeping her from screaming at people are camera phones, but she doesn't seem to think it's a big deal to scream at co-hosts and the audience on network TV. 

ETA:

Is it just me or did it seem Paula was wearing the same dress as Michelle Obama's arrival in Cuba?

I went back and checked; the dresses looked similar but they were different. 

I'm sorry but I don't understand WW...

Wendy Williams.  Sorry, my original post was a reply to a post that spelled it out. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

My boyfriend doesn't hold car doors for me anymore but he usually clicks the remote far enough ahead so the door is unlocked by the time I reach it.

(We have been together, on and off, almost 50 years.)

• Love 4

Not surprisingly, I think Whoopi messed this up because Lena Dunham did not say that, her character said it on Sunday's show. Lena and Hannah are not the same.  But I doubt whoever wrote the topic (or read it) bothered to learn the character's name.

Figures. Because I'm pretty sure that Whoopi said, "Lena Dunham, who appears on the show Girls..." said that thing about being nice. I did not hear Hannah. And no one else spoke up to correct Whoopi. Were they all drinking the Stupid?

• Love 2

But my favorite part of the of the show today was when in response to Paula's question about door opening, Miss Whoopi told us:

"I don't think about it, that's not what my day is about.   My day consists of How Do I Not Fall Off The Sidewalk and Not Screaming at People on the Street That Barrel Into Me With a Double Stroller.  My day is really all about how do I live in a world other people who were not raised the way I was raised, how do I deal with them?  Because everyone has cameras now, you can't really get mad, it's a whole thing.  So that's what I think about." 

Oh, yeah, that reminds me how Whoopi kept talking about how nice she is.  Everything I've heard about her in real life completely contradicts this.  Unless you are a celebrity and worth her attention (or being paid) she is not nice.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5

Joy is so wonderful. She needs to take over the reigns of the show from the movie stah..I groaned when I saw her come out yesterday and as usual she was pontificating to the masses about life according the Whoopster..It is very tiresome..She makes a federal case about something as harmless as old love letters...Ditto on her nastiness towards Paula. I like Paula, there is something sweet  and endearing about her. I may not always agree with her politics. However, I will take her over Bitsy any day of the week and twice on Sundays..Michelle could be good if she would stop derailing the flow of discussion with her lame jokes..She tries too hard, but, she is harmless. Sunny is fine when she she is in lawyer mode..

I hope the producers are taking note on how excellent Joy is as a moderator...I cannot say it enough, Shut up Raven, she is out of her league...She has such a simplistic view of life and she reminds me of Sherry, in that they have no intellectual curiosity whatsoever..It is infuriating to me...I will get off my soapbox now...I have missed you guys on here....I love the snark better than the actual show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

I had to stop watching after Miss Whoopi took over and of course reminded the viewers she had been away prompting welcome back applause she desperately needed..no you were not missed Miss Whoopi!  I am missing so much of the show as a result of FF'ing her rants I wonder why my dvr is set!  Oh yeah because I want to see Joy on Fridays!  The other thing I noticed was how often Michelle looks into the monitor.  Sometimes the camera is slow to go to the person speaking after her and you can see her look at it.  Weird.  Her eyeliner on her lids is too much and makes her eyes look closed!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 4

Good show today!!  Joy was really pissed about the Brussels bombings & that was the first Hot Topic.  I thought the whole show was good (it would have been great without Raven though).  I checked out when Oprah's favorite things started.

• Love 4

So Sunny was impressed by what Donald Trump said? Were we listening to the same thing?

ETA: I see that Hulk Hogan will be on The View tomorrow. I wonder if Paula will implore him to "do good things" with his settlement.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 10

So Sunny was impressed by what Donald Trump said? Were we listening to the same thing?

ETA: I see that Hulk Hogan will be on The View tomorrow. I wonder if Paula will implore him to "do good things" with his settlement.

Yeah, all I heard from what they played was more extreme and inhumane methods of torture. I'm not sure how the latter can coexist with American values, and I'm surprised nobody on the panel brought it up. I did like Joy prompting her, "It's November and Trump is president. How do you feel, Sunny?" I doubt "safe" would be what she'd feel. Of course Paula was all smiles. Ugh. I was scared to death Jedidiah would be there today for the Brussels discussion.

Maybe Paula thinks only women should do good things with their settlements? Raven is so annoying and stupid, shut up! She talks a mile a minute like she's trying to get as much out there as possible, and still her "points" are nonsensical. There's no reason Trump should get a pass for the offensive, disgusting things he says. I loved Joy saying her curtains are probably rainbow-colored, too. LOL

• Love 8

I can't believe Sunny approved of Trump's statement about Belgium and terrorists. First of all, should Brussels be called a hellhole, because there are some terrorists living in the suburbs? I'm sure that people who live in Brussels don't appreciate these derogatory statements. What about expanding torture? Sunny approves of that? Hillary's response was too muted? I can't imagine how having a fire breathing, insulting, threatening President will advance our defense against terrorists. It will only encourage them. When a reasonable (I thought) person like Sunny reacts this way, it scares me to think of how many people will like the way Trump is talking. 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 17