Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/21/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

LOL  Instead of "who refuses" I first read the end of that as "whore fuses."

Hee Me too! Great minds.

It reminded me of that SNL skit of Jeopardy in which the one dude always sees the words in a certain,... way. LIke therapist as a category was "the rapist" heheheh

Three's Company did it first! When Jack was dating a sex therapist, Janet thought her dad was seeing her, and when they were all at the apartment, Janet screams the woman's name and says "THE RAPIST!" And Jake corrects her with "that's therapist."  It was hilarious.  Because then Janet's father asks his "pumpkin" what she was thinking, and Jack adds "Yes, pumpkin.  What did you think?" And Janet starts stuffing her mouth while she's explaining and the screen fades to black.

But that wasn't my intent with that looong, yet apt description of JubbaJabba.

• Love 1

I thought Paula was really channelling Bitsy today hurling out vague accusations that she then could not defend with a smirk on her face.  I really dislike her now. 

Ben Carson was treated fairly.  He was badgered by Whoopi et al because his answers were nonsensical.  Yes, Drumpf says bad things, but he's a great Dad.  Yes, he says racist things but he has black people that work for him and like him.  Nobody's perfect, but  this guy is the only candidate that can bring down the establishment.  He's a deep thinker when he is not in front of the camera.  All politicians lie.  What he says about me, the personal slurs, don't matter, because America is all that matters.

Sheesh.   

But I did enjoy the fight that Paula instigated, with Joy actually sitting back and watching it fly, and Raven hiding behind her hands.  It got very tense and snarky between Miss Whoopi and Paula.

I actually get a perverse pleasure seeing Paula challenge Whoopie, it throws her off her game and she always reacts badly. Whoopie is used to people kissing up to her and she cannot stand that. Her contempt for Paula is always on display and she is always quick to go after her, just cause...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Someone should remind Carson that Donald Trump's "wonderful" children also had a mother (one who Donald cheated on and discarded for a younger model) who deserves a lot of credit for how the kids turned out.  It is entirely possible that the elder Trump children turned out to be decent human beings despite the influence of their father, rather than because of it. 

Yes, and Trump DID once say that he liked "producing"  children,   but was not involved in raising them. 

And I'm in disagreement that any person who kills an elephant for a trophy is a decent human being. 

• Love 20

I gather Ben Carson has been offered the spot of Surgeon General in Trump's administration, because I can't think of any other reason for the pathetic tongue bath I just witnessed.  It was embarrassing to see Carson whore himself out that way.  He totally deserved the pounding he took.  He made a fool out of himself. 

Someone should remind Carson that Donald Trump's "wonderful" children also had a mother (one who Donald cheated on and discarded for a younger model) who deserves a lot of credit for how the kids turned out.  It is entirely possible that the elder Trump children turned out to be decent human beings despite the influence of their father, rather than because of it. 

The only child from his first set that I find at all admirable is Ivanka.

ba ha ha ha 3.2.1.

The elder Trump male offspring suck!  Jinx.

• Love 4

Yes, and Trump DID once say that he liked "producing"  children,   but was not involved in raising them. 

And I'm in disagreement that any person who kills an elephant for a trophy is a decent human being. 

I wish someone had mentioned what Donald said about how he would pay for his kids, but not really take care of them.  Do these women not watch the same news and see the same commercials we do?   Sometimes I just yell at my TV "but what about xyz!!!"  Maybe I should start a twitter and bombard them with my comments, lol.  I would have loved to have someone pose a question to the Gawker dude about whether Paula has forfeited her right to privacy because she talks about her "hot" sex life all the time.  Because isn't that why Hulk Hogan lost his privacy rights, according to them? 

About the trophy hunting, which sickens me ... Didn't Joy mention that the sons trophy hunt once?  I am kind of surprised more of an issue has not been made of that.  The pictures are ghastly (don't google if you are easily upset by such things).  I wonder if maybe people are saving that issue up for the general election if Trump gets the nomination.  Because while hunting may be fine with a lot of Trump's ... rural?  redneck? supports, to many of those people trophy hunting is shameful.  The image of those rich white boys looming over the carcass of a murdered leopard at some five-star canned hunt resort may not play too well.   

ETA:  when I referred to Donald's children as "decent human beings" I was speaking about Ben Carson's perception of them, not my own ... I agree that the words "decent human being" cannot be used to describe people who trophy hunt!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 13

Ben Carson said that there are a lot of racial minorities working for Trump who would never say a bad word against him. 

YEAH!  no shit!  First they'd be fired, then he'd launch a twitter attack, then he'd sue! Of course nobody is going to say a word against him!    PLUS -  Trump (or his companies)  hires illegal immigrants.  No way they're in a position to say anything. Who talks shit about their boss and thinks there aren't consequences?

Ben Carson defending Trump because his kids turned out OK?   WTF??!!   He must be a good person because his kids, what?   aren't drug-addicted convicts?  Have steady jobs that he gave them?  THAT'S a measure of a presidential candidate? 

THe show today was weirdly comical.  Ben Carson, who speaks slowly and carefully, and in long sentences, against a group of women known to speak in soundbytes, and all at the same time.   When he paused, they jumped all over each other to get a word in, only to find that it was just a PAUSE, he wasn't done! 

Fess up, Ben Carson -   what dirt does Trump have on you that he is withholding as long as you publicly support him?  

THIS times ten ^^^^^^

I will throw out a guess that tRump has photos of Ben compromising a goat.

• Love 6

Exactly. Donald Trump was such a role model for his children, openly cheating on his wife with Georgia peach, Marla Maples, and his kids saw the headlines about it at a young age. According to reports, the kids' maternal grandparents from the Czech Republic spent a lot of time with them and had a great influence on them. Ivana received custody when they were 6, 8, and 12.  I don't know what influence Donald had on Tiffany, Marla's daughter, but I think he wrote hefty checks for her from afar.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 6

I gather Ben Carson has been offered the spot of Surgeon General in Trump's administration, because I can't think of any other reason for the pathetic tongue bath I just witnessed.

Yep, that was my thought also.

Some people like to be fooled.

• Love 6

Exactly. Donald Trump was such a role model for his children, openly cheating on his wife with Georgia peach, Marla Maples, and his kids saw the headlines about it at a young age. According to reports, the kids' maternal grandparents from the Czech Republic spent a lot of time with them and had a great influence on them too. Ivana received custody when they were 6, 8, and 12.  I don't know what influence Donald had on Tiffany, Marla's daughter, but I think he wrote hefty checks for her from afar.

It's not even the affair itself that is so distasteful.  It's the fact that he had Marla at the same lodge his wife and family were at for a ski family vacation.  Absolutely disgusting.  So he vacationed with both his wife and mistress - at the same time.

• Love 6

It's not even the affair itself that is so distasteful.  It's the fact that he had Marla at the same lodge his wife and family were at for a ski family vacation.  Absolutely disgusting.  So he vacationed with both his wife and mistress - at the same time.

Classy... on both parts... MArla and The Donald. ugh

• Love 1

Although Marla Maples was all "Donald is such a wonderful father he farts rainbows and unicorns" when she was co-hosting, I remember reading something years ago about her daughter being basically the forgotten Trump. That the Donald had very little contact with her. Maybe things have changed but I doubt he's ever been a hands-on father. Or, a very good one, Ben. Although he probably does provide them with employment.

• Love 5

The only child from his first set that I find at all admirable is Ivanka.

ba ha ha ha 3.2.1.

The elder Trump male offspring suck!  Jinx.

I just read that Ivanka is involved with stealing another shoe designer's design.   The apple may not fall far from the proverbial tree.

• Love 1

Please don't go on political tangents. If you see an off-topic or political post that bothers you, please PM me or report it. Do not reply. It will be anonymous. I understand this is an Election year and the hot topics can incite feelings in all of us. However, please watch how you post politics and the news. This is a house party to talk about The View and not to generalize about others, including your fellow posters. Thank you.

Happy weekend.

• Love 3

I just read that Ivanka is involved with stealing another shoe designer's design.   The apple may not fall far from the proverbial tree.

Also, the shoes are made in China.

• Love 4

Whoopi's incredulous questioning about how Carson could endorse Trump due to her opinion that he's a racist made All In with Chris Hayes on MSNBC tonight.

When my worlds collide.

I don't watch that show. What did he/they say? (Not sure if it has to be said in the Media thread or not.)

Edited by TheGreenKnight

I don't watch that show. What did he/they say? (Not sure if it has to be said in the Media thread or not.)

I figured since it related to the show it went here.  It was a quick thing, he just commented about it how weird it is that Carson endorsed tRump because of what seems to be obvious racism.

Edited by NextIteration

Carson and Nick Denton actually made a pretty good show for once.  Paula called Hulk Hogan having sex with his friends wife "deplorable," which I think is a bit harsh.  I'm actually a prude myself, but I'm pretty open to how other people want to live their lives.  They were consenting adults and I'm not about to tell other people what rules they should have in their own marriage.  I think it's freaky deaky, but freaks make the world go round.  He's as just a victim as Jennifer Lawrence to me but gets none of the sympathy.  I can see how he isn't a great victim, but Gawker should have just reported the existence of the tape like Whoopi said.

For real, Carson is such a mealy mouthed creep.  It was nice to see the ladies go in hard with him, but I always think it could be harder haha and they should have just called him scum.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 5

I can see how he isn't a great victim, but Gawker should have just reported the existence of the tape like Whoopi said.

We (Americans or maybe people in general) always have problems with imperfect victims.  It's not cool.  Justice is justice.

• Love 3

Also, the shoes are made in China.

So are the "Make America Great Again" hats.

"As a journalist," does Paula equate "fairness" with only softball questions?  Isn't it the job of a journalist to get the answers the public is looking for?  For once I was rooting for Whoopi.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8

Paula could not have made it more obvious that she didn't want Drumpf to be asked the hard questions. That Whoopi, Joy, Sonny, would have attacked him like rabid dogs or something, when, please, he's "resonattttttting" with the PEOPLES! And hello! He did call in! And never answered a blasted soft ball question which was lobbed at him. Paula really looked close to tears when Whoopi laid into her. I could see she wanted to say something. Seriously, be "fair" to a racist, bigoted, xenophobic, asshole who sees NOTHING wrong with the kind of violence that goes on in his rallies?  And you're NOT a journalist, Paula!  Like Drumpf is like some special snowflake that can't be asked hard questions.

Ben Carson. I have no words. Wait, yes I do. He sees nothing wrong with the racist shit that Drumpf has spewed.  And was he saying that there was violence at the Democrat candidates' rallies, but not at Drumpf's? He has that backwards.  Then again, this is guy who called President Obama Hitler, right? And that is healthcare plan was worse than slavery?  I loved Whoopi going after him, again, and again, and the look of disappointment on her face.  And of course Carson tweeted how "great" it was to be on the show.

Shut UP, Raven. Excusing Drumpf because that's "who is audience is" and so we no one should get upset at the shit he spews on Twitter.  I don't give her any passes when she talks about growing up in the industry and she's just now learning about the political process.  There's another one or two actresses who grew up in the industry and got educated and were and continue to be smart to this day: Jodie Foster and Brooke Shields.

I wanted to punch that guy from Gawker. There was nothing newsworthy about Hulk Hogan having sex with his best friend's wife. The way he kept comparing it to Jennifer Lawrence, and how they wouldn't touch her, because Hulk was more famous? So the fucking what if he talked about his sex life.  What he was doing wasn't in the public domain. It was in the privacy of his own home. You want to talk about the shit he said? Then report that. He was trying to act as if Gawker wasn't a tabloid piece of shit, when what he did is exactly what tabloids do! And excuse me, but Hilton and Kardashian's sex tapes being leaked are NOT the same thing.

They should have gone after him harder. I did love though how when Sonny was asking him questions about the minor who was raped, it was just like a prosecutor.  Now I wish I could have seen her in action when she was in the courtroom.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

Paula could not have made it more obvious that she didn't want Drumpf to be asked the hard questions. That Whoopi, Joy, Sonny, would have attacked him like rabid dogs or something, when, please, he's "resonattttttting" with the PEOPLES! And hello! He did call in! And never answered a blasted soft ball question which was lobbed at him. Paula really looked close to tears when Whoopi laid into her. I could see she wanted to say something. Seriously, be "fair" to a racist, bigoted, xenophobic, asshole who sees NOTHING wrong with the kind of violence that goes on in his rallies?  And you're NOT a journalist, Paula!  Like Drumpf is like some special snowflake that can't be asked hard questions.

Ben Carson. I have no words. Wait, yes I do. He sees nothing wrong with the racist shit that Drumpf has spewed.  And was he saying that there was violence at the Democrat candidates' rallies, but not at Drumpf's? He has that backwards.  Then again, this is guy who called President Obama Hitler, right? And that is healthcare plan was worse than slavery?  I loved Whoopi going after him, again, and again, and the look of disappointment on her face.  And of course Carson tweeted how "great" it was to be on the show.

Shut UP, Raven. Excusing Drumpf because that's "who is audience is" and so we no one should get upset at the shit he spews on Twitter.  I don't give her any passes when she talks about growing up in the industry and she's just now learning about the political process.  There's another one or two actresses who grew up in the industry and got educated and were and continue to be smart to this day: Jodie Foster and Brooke Shields.

I wanted to punch that guy from Gawker. There was nothing newsworthy about Hulk Hogan having sex with his best friend's wife. The way he kept comparing it to Jennifer Lawrence, and how they wouldn't touch her, because Hulk was more famous? So the fucking what if he talked about his sex life.  What he was doing wasn't in the public domain. It was in the privacy of his own home. You want to talk about the shit he said? Then report that. He was trying to act as if Gawker wasn't a tabloid piece of shit, when what he did is exactly what tabloids do! And excuse me, but Hilton and Kardashian's sex tapes being leaked are MOT the same thing.

They should have gone after him harder. I did love though how when Sonny was asking him questions about the minor who was raped, it was just like a prosecutor.  Now I wish I could have seen her in action when she was in the courtroom.

Paula IS a journalist and she stands up to the bully and gives her own opinions. I didn't see Paula "near tears". She was just struck with the viciousness and rudeness of the moderator and was trying to be professional. Hard as it is when dealing with the likes of Miss Whoopi when she is on a rant. Joy is the better moderator. When she and Paula disagree it doesn't resort to what happened yesterday. 

The reason for the Emmy nomination yesterday has nothing to do with Miss Whoopi. It has to do with the professionalism, some more than others, of that panel of women. No matter what spin anyone else puts on it.

• Love 3

Paula IS a journalist and she stands up to the bully and gives her own opinions

The problem is journalists arent' supposed to give their opinions.  IMO once a journalist gives their opinion on a story they are reporting then they are no longer a journalist regarding that particular story. 

• Love 14

I'm now wondering if Michele and CCB are out for next season and Sunny (which we already know) and Jedi are in. There has been way too much Jedi lately and Sunny already acts like she in going to accept the Emmy.

Thoughts??

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1

I can’t believe they had Padma in the building, but we were still inflicted with Raven and Jedidiah. I wish they would stop trying to make fetch happen with those two.

I’m like Joy, I just never got the appeal of drinking or drugs. I mean, I don't care if other people want to do that, but I didn't get anything out of it. As for Raven trying to hook her up something from Whoopi… Uh, I’m pretty sure Joy’s tried everything in her life, she just doesn’t get it.

Really awkward when Joy said Raven should pretend she's turned straight to dissuade come-ons...

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 3

I'm now wondering if Michele and CCB are out for next season and Sunny (which we already know) and Jedi are in. There has been way too much Jedi lately and Sunny already acts like she in going to accept the Emmy.

Thoughts??

I noticed the past couple of days that Sunny is making herself at home. She is pandering to Whoopi and Joy too. She reminded me of Nicolle yesterday.

Really awkward when Joy said Raven should pretend she's turned straight to dissuade come-ons...

That was truly awkward and I hate when Joy says stuff like that.

At least Raven has dropped the air of ambiguity and admitted she is lesbian. Good for her.

• Love 2

The problem is journalists arent' supposed to give their opinions.  IMO once a journalist gives their opinion on a story they are reporting then they are no longer a journalist regarding that particular story. 

Her own opinion meaning that Paula thought that the interview with Carson wasn't done professionally. That's what I meant. Whatever Carson says doesn't mean the moderator should be rolling her eyes at him. Journalists are trained how to conduct an interview. The EGOT has no clue how to conduct an interview. She's there for the money and to get her sorry ass on television. I don't think Paula supports Trump, she just wants to keep everything fair and balanced as a journalist is trained to do.

• Love 3

GreenKnight Just google "Whoopi Carson The View". Lots of sites (right leaning, left leaning) are reporting the play by play.

And once again, the show, The Spew became the story - which I believe was the whole point of that "interview" with Carson and as Paula tried to point out, the opposite of what Whoopi calls journalism.  I guess Whoopi can add 'broadcast journalist" to her resume of computer expert and parenting expert.  

Didn't Whoopi say something like, "That's what we do, ask the hard questions!!"   Except not.  Most of the time I watch this table hand out tongue baths to politicians who appear at the table.   Carson is an easy target because he's not running and rarely makes any sense.    And even though he said, "that's not my point" 72,000 times I'm still not sure what his point was except trying to stay relevant when he needs to go away.   But it seemed to me Whoopi was just being her rude self to another guest - trying to "make sparks" so the show would be mentioned and it worked.   

I did think finding out that Sunny and her husband see the Carsons socially was interesting.   I wonder if that's how they got him to appear on the show? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

And even though he said, "that's not my point" 72,000 times I'm still not sure what his point was except trying to stay relevant when he needs to go away.   But it seemed to me Whoopi was just being her rude self to another guest - trying to "make sparks" so the show would be mentioned and it worked.   

Carson repeating over and over "that's not the point" started to irritate the hell out of me.  In the first place, he was being very condescending, especially to Joy at one point.  I really wanted her to ask him to please explain just what the hell his point actually was, specifically, since everyone was apparently too dumb to get it.

Oddly, for a man with such an awesome point to make, he never did get around to saying what this great point of his was.  The closest he came was saying he wasn't going to let the overt racism and sexism Trump has displayed deter him from supporting him because (he seemed to suggest) there is some other thing about Trump that is so appealing.  But he never really said what he found so appealing.  And he seemed to be suggesting that Trump being as asshole wasn't going to deter him either, since he has arrived at the conclusion being an asshole is the only way to get anywhere in this election.  Even though he himself would never engage in that type of behavior, he is willing to overlook it in another candidate because it has worked for him  -  this although Trump's behavior is alienating to many people, women in particular, and the idea of him representing the United States is embarrassing to many Americans.  Carson is the honey badger of the Republican candidate drop outs - he just doesn't give a shit. 

The only point I took away from his visit to The View is that Ben Carson is in all likelihood a bitter man who refuses to support Ted Cruz after being shanked by him in Iowa, and who (like Chris Christie) will sell his soul to the Devil for a spot in the Trump administration.  I am not surprised he opted not to come right out and admit it.  Because he should be ashamed of himself.

• Love 10

Paula calling out the show was semi awesome, semi cringe worthy. I wouldn't say she's wrong at all but when you have Carson and Co. saying some of the things they are saying how is one supposed to react?

• Love 1

I was very disappointed that Paula went off about her own show at the end yesterday. Basically saying Trump would be treated horribly if he came on the show, and he's smart to not want to. Sorry Paula, first, don't trash your own show, and second, if any Presidential candidate cannot handle some questions from The View panel, then he/she has a serious problem.

• Love 21

Paula calling out the show was semi awesome, semi cringe worthy. I wouldn't say she's wrong at all but when you have Carson and Co. saying some of the things they are saying how is one supposed to react?

That's a good question.  On the one hand, I thought Whoopi's behavior was her basic rudeness but on the other, Carson is publicly supporting Trump and cannot even explain why exactly.    I would have snarked if they were all ass kissy to him so I guess there was no winning.  I'm sure my bias against Whoopi factors into my opinion as does my belief that Carson is effing nuts.   He may be a brilliant surgeon (at least by his own accounts) but he doesn't know much about anything else, especially how government works (or the pyramids, lol)  I just can't take him or anything he says seriously.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 10