Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E11: The Finale / S20.E12: After The Final Rose

• Start Topic

LOL.  I wrote that post about JoJo's "shortcomings," partly in response to all the people drooling over how hot, hot, hot  JoJo is and saying that Ben must surely have been more physically turned on by her than Lauren.  I agree about Lauren's chin and don't think she's a raving beauty either, but  she definitely  is taller, more slender, and has a cuter rear than the thick necked, low-browed JoJo, so I don't think it's a given that Ben only chose Lauren because she was nicer or something.  If he was really more physically drawn to JoJo then I think he would have picked her. Who picks a woman he doesn't want to sleep with? All men don't have the same taste and I know my husband would take tall and slender over short and jut-jawed any day.  I think her father's money bought most of her good looks from the implants and perma-tan, to the thousand dollar dresses.

I have to agree here.  Lauren's overall look/persona is elegant and refined--sure, she's young and could use a few style tweeks, like getting a good hairdresser and losing the shorts, but overall, I find her much more attractive.  JoJo borders on Kardashian for me--trying too hard and showing too much.  However, some people like that, so that's fine. 

• Love 7

I fully expected Ben to come back for ATFR and tell Jojo that his love for her was the Philia or friendship type of love (mixed in with a bit of Eros or physical) but that his love for Lauren was Agape* love which is what he needs to feel for a marriage partner. It's Biblical, so Jojo might appreciate the explanation.

I know Jojo shared in a talking head that her love language is words of affirmation - if she also confided this to Ben, then his declaration of love was really inappropriate.

*selfless, which I'm not sure Ben Higgins can muster, though he is a spiritual man. Clearly, he felt Eros for both women...

This is completely accurate, but I doubt Ben is sophisticated enough to put those feelings into words, even without the Greek. There was just a different type of connection with Lauren, even though I do think he really liked Jojo, too.

Ben and Lauren make a lot of sense together. Ben appears to be a quite a sensitive and neurotic person, and Lauren seems to fill his need for comfort and centering without diminishing herself, if that makes sense. (Jojo somehow always seemed to be grovelling in her efforts to fill his needs.) It's promising that she's moving to Denver, too. I turned down a job and ended up getting a different one a cool six months into a relationship to be closer to my now-husband. So I'll never judge someone for making a move for a shot at love, and she didn't even need to switch jobs! These kids may have a shot. I'm not terribly bullish, though. Having a lot in common helps a relationship, but simply because they're both very conventional and mildly above average looking hardly means they'll go the distance. Those don't seem like the most important of commonalities to me. One thing I noticed on ATFR was Lauren coming out of her shell. Her voice was a little different, and she talked a lot more than she ever did on the show.  It seems like she had been holding back the entire time to put her best foot forward on the show with Ben. But Ben also seemed not terribly into this genuine version of Lauren. He never seemed like he was listening to her. Their chemistry was not what it was on the show. Only time will tell if they have enough in common to make it work, and if they really like each others' personalities as demonstrated in real life.

I don't think that it was clear that it was Lauren from the start. Obviously he liked Lauren from the start, but he also liked at least five other girls in the beginning, namely, the final four plus Olivia and Jubilee. I think it was clear it was Lauren only by mid-season, and it was kind of due to process of elimination rather than a meteoric rise. He initially was most interested in Olivia, but after getting to know her he realized she wasn't a fit. He also seriously considered Jubilee during their brief, intense courtship before ultimately rejecting her, too, due to clear lack of fit. Amanda is an odd case...I always got the sense that she could have really been a contender if she didn't have kids. Ben knew that he didn't want an insta-family, but he also really liked Amanda. So she stayed a long time, but she was never really IN it. He knew he was never going to actually pick her. There may have been something substantial with Caila early on, before (roughly around their second 1 on 1, but probably a little before it) it became clear to Ben that it wasn't going to work, because he just couldn't relate to her. I don't know when or why it happened, but by the late episodes of the season it was clear to many that Caila was just marking time. Whereas at the beginning, some people thought Caila could be F1. So two early prospects totally crashed and burned, and Ben kept around two other girls that he liked a lot, but knew full well he wouldn't pick as F1. Lauren and Jojo were the only relevant contestants not ruled out, and he could barely choose between them! I don't say this to discount the possibility of Ben and Lauren working out (I think they have a better shot than most), or to imply that Lauren was not the best match on the show for him (I think she was). But let's not retcon that this was always apparent just because she won.

And I think telling ILY to both girls was really unfair, inconsiderate, and disrespectful to Lauren. Especially if he pretty much knew he was going to pick her as of mid-season or earlier. This is the type of situation that Toni Braxton's "He Wasn't Man Enough for Me" was written about(LOL). Lauren got screwed by these shenanigans much worse than Jojo. Jojo has an ex that was rude to her. Lauren has a fiance who disregarded her feelings on national television for a slightly better storyline (at best), or who proposed only because he barely preferred her to another woman (at worst). I don't identify with Lauren as much as I do with Jojo, but I like Lauren. She seems like a kind person. So, I also think she deserves better than the Ben we saw on the show. He may well be different in real life. I hope so.

I'm psyched to see Jojo as Bachelorette! I'll definitely be watching. She was so beautiful and poised and articulate on ATFR! I probably wouldn't have watched if it were Caila, or at least I wouldn't have watched in real time.

• Love 4

LOL.  I wrote that post about JoJo's "shortcomings," partly in response to all the people drooling over how hot, hot, hot  JoJo is and saying that Ben must surely have been more physically turned on by her than Lauren.  I agree about Lauren's chin and don't think she's a raving beauty either, but  she definitely  is taller, more slender, and has a cuter rear than the thick necked, low-browed JoJo, so I don't think it's a given that Ben only chose Lauren because she was nicer or something.  If he was really more physically drawn to JoJo then I think he would have picked her. Who picks a woman he doesn't want to sleep with? All men don't have the same taste and I know my husband would take tall and slender over short and jut-jawed any day.  I think her father's money bought most of her good looks from the implants and perma-tan, to the thousand dollar dresses.

Not enough is said about Lauren's butt. It's amazing, and might just be the key to this entire season.

• Love 6

I live in Denver, I work in Englewood and apparently he lives somewhere in Parker so I wouldn't doubt I'll run into him or her at some point.

A friend of a friend named Chase also left for his Bachelorette stint on Saturday.  Which seemed quick.  How long has it been since the finale?  JoJo is movin' on people!

Filming ended on November 18th so JoJo has been 'single' for almost 4 months.   

And if you care to say anything about Chase, there is a speculation/spoiler thread for her season in the Bachelorette section.   

• Love 1

No way they last. Lauren complained on Kimmel that Ben's a heavy mouth breather, prays too loudly and tries to wake her up too early to spend time with her (but said she's trained him not to do that any more already). If that's her cute personaliity that production hid from us, I'm baffled by Ben's choice. It's way too soon to be that annoyed, especially about the way the supposed love of your life breathes. It's not like he can stop breathing...

All this really struck me too - but especially that she would choose this to complain about such a personal thing for him on a tv show broadcast to millions.  (I can only imagine his mother's reaction).

Then they both compounded it by his saying that they both pray at night in bed but that he prays longer and while she's trying to go to sleep (not a good sign for many reasons) but that she taps him to ask him not to pray so loud.

( ! )

• Love 5

I'm not sure how good paying a flight attendant job is but nothing wrong with it.  This show seems to use the same inflated job titles such as Sales Rep, Account Executive or Dentist (when she was really in dental school) and have to throw in the "dog lover", "free spirit" ones too.

And of course... "Twin"

I normally love Jimmy Kimmel but he was so unfunny last night.  He does, however, have a knack for picking the winners.  He chose Lauren, JoJo, Caila, and Olivia as his final four.  Not bad.  I trust that he doesn't have access to the tapings or insider info from production people when he makes his picks.

No, you're not saying the opposite. Jojo prefaced her statement by saying she has looked at other people's relationship and been envious of what they had, meaning she would love to have a happy, healthy relationship like theirs. Then she said she would like others to look at what she and Ben have I feel the same way. That's how much she believed that what they had was a good thing and maybe others would want it too. Isn't this the essence of role-modeling. What is wrong with that? Why are people manufacturing reasons to demean and hate Jojo? I also didn't think her family was as bad as others make them out to be. Her brothers are protective of her, so?

When I see happy couples, Ben and Lauren for example, I am not envious. I am happy for them. I am not even thinking of myself in that moment. Do you see the difference?

• Love 5

No, you're not saying the opposite. Jojo prefaced her statement by saying she has looked at other people's relationship and been envious of what they had, meaning she would love to have a happy, healthy relationship like theirs. Then she said she would like others to look at what she and Ben have I feel the same way. That's how much she believed that what they had was a good thing and maybe others would want it too. Isn't this the essence of role-modeling. What is wrong with that? Why are people manufacturing reasons to demean and hate Jojo?  I also didn't think her family was as bad as others make them out to be. Her brothers are protective of her, so?

I think you are giving Jo-Jo way too much credit. Maybe others would want a good relationship based on her supposed good relationship with Ben? Who doesn't want a good relationship? No one I know. I want everyone to have the type of relationship I have and certainly don't want my friends to be envious if I have a happy healthy relationship and they don't. Sometimes it is just plain luck. Sometimes it is waiting for the right person and not getting into a relationship just for the sake of having a relationship (which unfortunately many women do).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I don't think anyone is "manufacturing reasons to demean and hate Jo-Jo". There are plenty of people who don't like Lauren who I have liked from the start. But I would hardly consider their opinions to be based on manufacturing reasons to demean and hate her. They are entitled to their opinions, just like we all are.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9

Couple of questions

2) When Lauren made a bunch of complaints about Ben on Jimmy Kimmel, was she at least ASKED to complain, and she kind of had to search for examples?! Don't tell me she brought these examples up out of nowhere!

Haha yes she was asked. Jimmy asked if they discovered any annoying habits of each other's yet. She mentioned the heavy breathing and he mentioned how she nitpicks him when he prays loudly before bed.

I really didn't like the "training" comment. I don't know why a man would let a woman emasculate him like that. It's not cute and it gets old after a while, I'm sure.

• Love 5

Good season. Not the best evah but lightyears ahead of the steaming piles of poop that was Soules and Kaitlyn last year.

I think the producers are scum of the earth but they seem to be on their game these days. I think Jojo is a great choice as TB, just like Ben was. And great job pulling controversy and conflict when it was obvious that Ben fell in love at first sight even from the SM pix way before the season even started airing.

• Love 3

Lauren's overall look/persona is elegant and refined--sure, she's young and could use a few style tweeks, like getting a good hairdresser and losing the shorts, but overall, I find her much more attractive.  JoJo borders on Kardashian for me--trying too hard and showing too much.  However, some people like that, so that's fine.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this. Lauren maybe taller but I didn't see how she was more refined. She wore the tackiest outfits. Those tight two-pieces with the slits spell cheap and trashy. Let's also not forget the too-tight, wedgied jeans shorts she couldn't walk in. If anyone showed too much it was Lauren, maybe trying to make up for the lack of a personality. She got the guy in the end, so fair play on her part with the tackiness.

Edited by comosedice
  • Love 7

Do the final picks on The Bachelor really wear their own clothes?  The show doesn't provide those dresses?

They usually do but not always. Sometimes, it's real obvious like when they do a theme and BOTH are wearing gloves. 

I think that whether it's paid for not, both dresses last night was totally in each woman's style.

• Love 1

Well sure, that's how a stylist works.  The stylist picks a bunch of choices for you and you pick the one that you feel is your own "style".  I was just curious if it was that situation or if Jojo wore her own (amazing IMO) pink gown.

• Love 1

When I see happy couples, Ben and Lauren for example, I am not envious. I am happy for them. I am not even thinking of myself in that moment. Do you see the difference?

Well, that's nice. Of course there's a difference, you are not envious of other people's happiness. Some of us are. We are not taking anything away from the other couple. We would just like to have that happiness as well for ourselves. It doesn't make you any better than the envious ones. How many people have said they would love to have a marriage like their parents or to find long-lasting love like so and so? That is envy without using the word envy. Good on you for never feeling it.

• Love 2

I haven't noticed the S's, but I've been annoyed by Lauren's pronunciation of "you." Sometimes it's fine (pronounced "U"). Other times it sounds more like "yeouw".

My god, yes, that drove me mad! It seemed to increase as the episodes went on. 'Hello-uh. Yes-ugh! I know-ah.' What is that?? That, plus the vocal fry...

• Love 3

Do the final picks on The Bachelor really wear their own clothes?  The show doesn't provide those dresses?

People Stylewatch interviewed the show's stylist about the final rose dresses and wrote a couple of articles (yes, the show provides them now):

The Bachelor Finale: The Surprising Reason Each Contestant Keeps Her Dress and 9 Other Style Secrets From the Show

The Dresses Rejected from The Bachelor Finale, Plus 5 More Style Facts From the Big Night  (with pics of the alternates)

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 2

I assume that Jimmy Kimmel reads the Reality Steve spoiler site, just like millions of other people do.  Then Jimmy throws in a wrong pick to make it look less obvious that he reads the spoilers.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6

No way they last. Lauren complained on Kimmel that Ben's a heavy mouth breather, prays too loudly and tries to wake her up too early to spend time with her (but said she's trained him not to do that any more already). If that's her cute personaliity that production hid from us, I'm baffled by Ben's choice. It's way too soon to be that annoyed, especially about the way the supposed love of your life breathes. It's not like he can stop breathing...

Wait...what? Is that a joke? He prays too loudly?! Wth...who prays loudly?! Prayer is meant to be silent (unless he's singing Buddhist mantras at the top of him lungs or getting the spirit or something like that lol!)

• Love 3

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Maybe if as many people complained about it on social media as they did against Caila the producers would listen and suggest to her that they really think she needs a fresh new hairstyle to start her "journey".

Middle parts are so terrible! A side part looks better 98.8% of the time. The stupid Kardashians probably think they started the trend, but more and women are wearing their hair that way. It's very severe looking.

• Love 1

Well sure, that's how a stylist works.  The stylist picks a bunch of choices for you and you pick the one that you feel is your own "style".  I was just curious if it was that situation or if Jojo wore her own (amazing IMO) pink gown.

It said in some article that the show's stylist picked 18 options for each woman. I disliked both dresses so can't imagine how bad the rest were.

I think Lauren is stunning. Especially now that she's lost her Bachelor pounds, her face is just flawless to me. Cute and beautiful at the same time. I'm also envious of her slender figure, though I like a bit more hip on a woman.

Jojo's face isn't as flawless, but she's very pretty too. I also wish she'd lose the middle part though. She's definitely sexier than Lauren and I'm not referring to the fake chest area. She just carries herself differently and she's warmer and more affectionate, whereas Lauren is more cool and reserved. I don't think Ben could go wrong either way though, since they're both catches, especially compared to him.

Thanks Dejana and MsPH!  I've loved Jojo's fashions this season, even if I thought a couple of outfits were inappropriate ( ---- for me to wear -- I don't really care what she does.) Yet another reason to be excited for May!

I feel bad for saying this, but Lauren was a really un-pretty crier.  Every time she took off her makeup or didn't look incredibly happy she just looked bad to me.  She's very cute when she smiles though; her face is made for smiling.

To me, even if I suspect some work done, Jojo is flawless.   And I like her croaky voice.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

I'm sure she's a lovely woman, but Lauren played a long game - played a bit distant, a bit hard to get. And she won herself a child-man! With a slight anger issue! The flare of anger in his eyes at one point as she said something he didn't like, while they were sitting like a couple who've been together a long time now and have no intimacy whatsoever on the couch, Lauren still with her legs crossed away from him, her back turned slightly away. It's not boding well...

I am thrilled JoJo escaped that mess, though it was very upsetting to watch, and even more thrilled she's the new B'ette. (And glad Ben's sulking about that. I don't think it was a joke, or entirely a joke, when he said he was still relevant for the next ten minutes - and Chris H cast him a swift side-eye. Ben looked genuinely sad, not amused, as he said that.)

Lauren B is probably a better fit for him. I could never see her appeal. Vocal fry, roots, that huge forehead like a giant child. Plus, perhaps she has an issue with her hips and it is mean of me to comment? But I noticed more and more in that last 'romantic' ep that she was walking as if she had a huge carrot stuck up her bum and/or was trying out a new set of badly fitting prosthetic legs. Sort of cute, really, but also kind of disturbing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

It just seemed weird to send home 'the girl I have the deepest relationship with' (Caila), and then 'the one I feel most myself with' (JoJo) for someone who seemed to be playing a game.

Anyway, JoJo will have the last laugh. So happy about this for her, plus I get to watch a season with a lead I like.

• Love 8
We were both appalled that any pastor would endorse a last minute wedding plan.

I'm deeply entrenched in Christian (Protestant) circles and I know no minister worth my respect who would agree to marry a couple without first engaging them in several weeks of pre-marriage counseling, or ensuring they have done so elsewhere.  And eight weeks of The Bachelor does NOT count as pre-marriage counseling!

I also believe Bachelor in Paradise will take place before her season does, but on that one I'm less certain.

Unless they are doing things way differently than the past, BiP will air in the late summer (July-August), after the Bachelorette finishes its run (May-July).  We will have a two month break from the Bachelor franchise between now and late May.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 6

No comments about Ben's "Woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!" while simultaneously fist pumping the air and doing a little spin after speaking to Lauren's dad?  What a dork.

Ben would have been wiser to call Lauren's father before letting Jojo go, just in case he didn't get her dad's approval.  It would have been hilarious if he had said, "Hell, no.  You can't have my daughter." 

Speaking of awkward - that whole bit towards the end with Jimmy Kimmel and the Barbie dolls was one of the strangest things I've ever seen on this show

and so not funny.

I don't have a problem with Ben or anyone saying they are a Christian. Since when did it become shameful to be a person of faith?

Thank you.

• Love 7

Wait...what? Is that a joke? He prays too loudly?! Wth...who prays loudly?! Prayer is meant to be silent (unless he's singing Buddhist mantras at the top of him lungs or getting the spirit or something like that lol!)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thrown by this.   I had assumed she must have been talking about group prayer or saying grace in restaurants, I've never know anyone over five who said bedtime prayers out loud.  Who knows, though, I'm not in that many people's bedrooms, maybe it's the done thing.  Anyway I'm glad Ben was the one to bring that up because it would really have been awful if Lauren had said it. 

• Love 2
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thrown by this.   I had assumed she must have been talking about group prayer or saying grace in restaurants, I've never know anyone over five who said bedtime prayers out loud.  Who knows, though, I'm not in that many people's bedrooms, maybe it's the done thing.  Anyway I'm glad Ben was the one to bring that up because it would really have been awful if Lauren had said it.

I just assumed that was a euphemism for beating-off.

• Love 7

I'm deeply entrenched in Christian (Protestant) circles and I know no minister worth my respect who would agree to marry a couple without first engaging them in several weeks of pre-marriage counseling, or ensuring they have done so elsewhere.  And eight weeks of The Bachelor does NOT count as pre-marriage counseling!

Same thing goes in my experience for Catholics. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

While watching last night as the two women struggled with Ben's mood and feelings toward them, I found myself yelling at the screen, "WHY WOULD YOU WANT HIM?"   I think my neighbors are probably worried about me.  :-) 

• Love 10

I live in Denver, I work in Englewood and apparently he lives somewhere in Parker so I wouldn't doubt I'll run into him or her at some point.

A friend of a friend named Chase also left for his Bachelorette stint on Saturday.  Which seemed quick.  How long has it been since the finale?  JoJo is movin' on people!

Ben said on Kimmel that the engagement happened on November 23rd. That seems like enough time to get over someone you went out on two or three dates with and fooled around once with.

Ben really was me me me during the after show. Coupled with his mom saying that he needs a lot from the person he's with and he comes across as not partner material at all. Doubt this one will last unless he's willing to grow up to hang on to her. It helps that they won't live near his family. They seemed overly involved like  parents of only children sometimes are.

• Love 5

Well, that's nice. Of course there's a difference, you are not envious of other people's happiness. Some of us are. We are not taking anything away from the other couple. We would just like to have that happiness as well for ourselves. It doesn't make you any better than the envious ones. How many people have said they would love to have a marriage like their parents or to find long-lasting love like so and so? That is envy without using the word envy. Good on you for never feeling it.

Thanks :) But I'm not saying I've never felt it. I feel it less as I've gotten older, as I've gotten more comfortable with myself and also develop a stronger trust in God.

Maybe JoJo meant it in a way that you are saying. I hope so.

Edited by AllyCat7
  • Love 1

I'm proud I had predicted for a long time that Jojo would be the Bachelorette and someone had told me that they haven't chosen the runner up for many seasons now so why would they do it now? They always want the "party girl who is ready to get serious" as the Bachelorette cause they want a free spirited season with someone who is open to everything, pool parties, sexy one-on-ones and so on. That's why they chose Kaitlyn last time. Joho is lovable by women and is open minded without being a "slutty" character per se. She is the girl next door who still wants to party, in other words.

And I will go as far as to say that Jojo knew Ben would choose Lauren but she played along with the script of "two girls he said I love you to" so she would get dumped and become the Bachelorette. And nobody will convince me that this didn't happen.

Ben's parents were right. Lauren. is too polished and she always says what they want to hear. If she does love Ben (which I think she does in her own weird way) she is cold so to speak imo. Ben will spend some years trying to win her over and finding this a challenge until he will be tired and sick to chase the uncatchable.

• Love 1

Sorry if this has been asked. How much does the bachelor/bachelorette get paid for the season?

I don't think its a set sum and I've never seen it really talked about.    I'm guessing around $50,000-$100,000 plus some new clothes for the bachelorettes.   What comes from it is where the real money is:

-dancing with the Stars--Sean, Farmer Chris

-TV shows--Ali, Jillian, Jesse Palmer

-write a book I won't read-Emily, Andi, Sean

-social media followers to sell shitty stuff: EVERYONE

And I will go as far as to say that Jojo knew Ben would choose Lauren but she played along with the script of "two girls he said I love you to" so she would get dumped and become the Bachelorette. And nobody will convince me that this didn't happen.

100 % agree with you. I feel like a reality tv expert. Every season of every show I know who the winner will be each season. I wish I could use this gift toward other things lol.

That being said, I know how these shows and producers work by now. They had a boring finale planned so they needed to spice it up and do the storyline of " I love you" to two women. Do i believe JoJo was upset by the choice Ben made? No , I don't think so . Because 1 ) she went along with the storyline knowing this is the type of thing that would easily make her bachelorette when people felt bad for her for getting dumped and 2) because she knew early on that he looked at Lauren much differently and liked her more than everyone and she even told him that.. She's not stupid

• Love 2

And eight weeks of The Bachelor does NOT count as pre-marriage counseling!

Eight weeks of The Bachelor barely counts as dating, let alone pre-marriage counseling.

I don't think its a set sum and I've never seen it really talked about.    I'm guessing around $50,000-$100,000 plus some new clothes for the bachelorettes.   What comes from it is where the real money is:

-dancing with the Stars--Sean, Farmer Chris

-TV shows--Ali, Jillian, Jesse Palmer

-write a book I won't read-Emily, Andi, Sean

-social media followers to sell shitty stuff: EVERYONE

Melissa Rycroft also did DWTS, and I think was on some TV shows.  And Dr. Travis Stork has a TV show, although I kind of shake my head every time I run across it.  Same with Jesse Palmer.

I get a "Brad/Emily" vibe from what I've seen of Ben and Lauren which is not a good thing.  I think both men picked the "normally unattainable, pure pretty princess" rather than the person with whom they might have had a real relationship.  Perhaps Ben and Lauren have a better chance, since it seems like she actually has some feelings for him rather than immediately looking for the nearest exit the moment the ATFR ended as Emily did.

• Love 2

Unlike Ben's mother, JoJo just isn't my style, so I may not be able to watch a whole season of her trying way too hard to be sexy.

This. I honestly do not understand the "JoJo is sooooo sexy" thing. IMO showing your knockers every chance you get reeks of desperation and, as JudyObscure says, trying way too hard. Again just my opinion, but someone who is truly sexy would be sexy in jeans and a flannel shirt...it's like JoJo is afraid she needs to overdo the tight dresses with all the boobage.

No secret I'm not a JoJo fan, so I did enjoy the dig (probably unintentional, to be fair) by Ben's dad when he and his mom were talking about how JoJo and Lauren are similar but so different, to which dad said that Lauren is very polished. I don't want to say JoJo comes across as crass (she's no Kaitlyn), but there's just something off putting that has nothing to do with her wardrobe.

I'm curious how long Lauren and Ben are going to last. All of Ben's mom's talk of making him feel "safe" and "talking him off a ledge" was very strange. Yes, I get the concept of feeling safe, in a "nothing bad can happen to me when I'm with my partner" sense. I think that's pretty normal in a committed relationship, so the way Ben's mom stressed that point makes it sound like one of two things, that either Ben has some kind of disorder (which would be really sad and I hope isn't the case) or he's a spoiled brat prone to tantrums at the age of 26 (which again would be really sad and I wouldn't wish on Lauren).

Well, despite its flaws, I think it's been a fun season!

• Love 9

The random shots of the pastor were so ridiculous and funny.

You mean you didn't know that ministers do nothing but pace back and forth while reading Scripture??? :)
  • Love 3

I know I can't convince either of you but just wanted to say that I don't agree. I don't think any of the contestants are good enough actors to have pulled these claims off. I do sincerely think Ben loved both women...whether he was IN love with both I don't know. But it's possible to love two people at once, just as how we can love more than one friend or family member. As someone stated in a past post, he could have had more of a friendship love with JoJo and more of a romantic love with Lauren. And I think both of them loved him, too, and both wanted to marry him. JoJo seemed genuinely upset when he dumped her. And, as has been reported in numerous outlets, Caila was the original pick as bachelorette and they made a last minute switch when they saw the social media backlash against that choice. JoJo, while not perfect, was more popular than Caila, so they went for that to get better ratings. They also probably realized that the unwritten rule they to never choose the runner up as the next lead was silly. And they made more wiggle room in production schedules to accommodate what, in their minds, was a better choice.

• Love 4

I do sincerely think Ben loved both women...whether he was IN love with both I don't know.

Well, he did say, almost to the point of it turning into a drinking game "I love you and I'm in love with you" to JoJo.
  • Love 1

I think Jo Jo was genuinely hurt. She may have been more wrapped up emotionally in Ben than she would have been in "real life" because he was the "prize" and there wasn't anything else to occupy your time like friends or your career or even tv. I don't think she's that good of an actress either. Her surprise at his I love you was IMO very genuine. I think most do want to win for what comes after (and I'm not talking about the engagement).. the People magazine covers, the D list fame, having their partner on DWTS etc.  It can open a lot of doors for some people. I bet Becca is kicking herself somewhere very upset that Jo Jo is the Bachelorette and wishing she was in her place. I think Jo Jo is a good choice. Caila was very pretty but she was just so..simple and bland and boring. The date she had with the guys from Ride Along.. all she did was sit there let her hair blow in the wind and giggle a lot. She was cute and perky but there wasn't much substance there. She was horrible at articulating anything. I'm sure she'd be a better Bachelorette than raunchy Kaitlynn but I don't see her carrying a show by herself. When she and Ben were on their final date she could barely string two sentences together. They just sat there in bored uncomfortable silence.

I don't think Jo Jo was the prettiest girl on the show and she sometimes reminds me of a prettier Khloe Kardashian but she has a nice body and I loved most of her wardrobe. She also seems very warm and wasn't (that I remember, I could be wrong) one of the catty girls) I think a lot of guys will be lining up for her

• Love 4

I know I can't convince either of you but just wanted to say that I don't agree. I don't think any of the contestants are good enough actors to have pulled these claims off. I do sincerely think Ben loved both women...

Anyone can become a good actor when there is a whole production supporting you and expecting you to succeed. Do you find it THAT hard if you were in her position to act surprised, in love, broken hearted, desperate and so on when you knew a whole show will be made for you, the money and the fame you will win and so on? I am a lousy actress but I think if I have the chance to do it over and over again so I seem real, I will do it perfectly in the end.

Or maybe I've watched too much Unreal.

• Love 3

No secret I'm not a JoJo fan, so I did enjoy the dig (probably unintentional, to be fair) by Ben's dad when he and his mom were talking about how JoJo and Lauren are similar but so different, to which dad said that Lauren is very polished. I don't want to say JoJo comes across as crass (she's no Kaitlyn), but there's just something off putting that has nothing to do with her wardrobe.

I don't think this was at all what Ben's dad meant. There was no dig. Polished also means confident and rehearsed. Jojo was nervous and emotional. The dad even said she came across as more "real" than Lauren. Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 6

Now we know why Caila looked so forlorn last week during WTA. While I love JoJo and think she'll make a wonderful B'ette, I do think that Caila would've been a good pick, had she kept up her Night One persona throughout the season. She seemed funny ("50 shades of crazy!"), relatable, and Ben and her seemed to have decent chemistry at first. I don't know what vibe she was going for (or what the producers were telling her to go for) with all of the strange comments, but I can't help but feel like she was playing a role (trying to come across as deep and complex?), and came off poorly because of it. 

Lauren B. winning was no surprise. I still don't buy that Ben was in love with JoJo too, and torn between the two women - I think he was sure that he would be picking Lauren in the end and it's been rather obvious since the pig date. I think this "in love with two women" gimmick was producer-inspired, and I think it sucks that Lauren will have to field questions about it for some time, even though, for those of us watching closely, it's clear that Lauren was it. 

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 5

Finally got  my PC fixed.......

Anyway, the whole idea of Ben being so torn down to the last minute (no, wait, until the ugly Neil Lane ring made him realize who he really loved more) is ridiculous.  If you are so torn, then tell both ladies that you just need more time to figure things out and date both of them for a while (if they are then still interested in you).

Why does there have to be a proposal?  How often does it actually work out?  You don't really know the first thing about the other person yet.........

How long was it since Jojo broke up with the boyfriend that called her?  Although it seemed very staged, if it wasn't all that long, was she really ready to find love again?

I don't know if I am looking forward to her as the B'ette, but I could do without all the jumping at guys and straddling them.  That just seems like a very tacky move to me.

I hope her family does not play a big part in the show. Not liking her brothers and I imagine her mother must be uncomfortable with all the criticism she's gotten for her looks and her guzzling from the bottle.

• Love 4