Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Spinning A Web

• Start Topic

But Eileen needs to come to the conclusion that this is as good as she's going to get...AND MOVE ON!!!  I'm starting to have a hard time remembering what she's begging for an apology for, it was soooo long ago.  She doesn't realize that every time she brings it up people are going to have her and Vince's extramarital affair on their minds again.  Had she just let it go months (lol) ago, her good traits that she displays most of the time would outshine her indiscretion.

I guess it depends on what she's trying to accomplish - could be about emotional closure (feeling like they're on the same page), or maybe Eileen meant to out Lisa. Who knows.
  • Love 3

I don't think "not to whisper" is the first thing Yo taught her kids. Probably "carbs are the devil" or "Google is considered a valid medical opinion".

Actually I think those were second and third.  The first was "mommy is the one who gave you life, and therefore it is mine."

Oh, so Erika is one of THOSE women. Who doesn't have female friends because blahblah they talk shit about me whatever and then proceeds to talk shit about other women. Got it. I see you now Erika.

Just a more convoluted way  of shifting any responsibility on to another.  You don't like something about Erika.  It is your lack, your pettiness, your inability to see the humor in her edgy alter-ego.  And even the whole Erika Jane thing is a shifting of personal responsibility.  It is a 'bit'; its not me, its 'Erika Jane'.  I wonder if she was always like this, or the way she is treated by the man who bought and married her helped hone that trait?  in any case, I wonder if, assuming we get another season, Erika and YoYo remain tight for the cameras? 

YoYo has never been that quick on her feet.  So the whole scatter and then retreat to only send out an email is so typical of her.  And she seems to have a real imperious sense of entitlement since she seems so stunned anyone push back at her.  Makes me wonder how she is preparing for the reunion.  I know she won't miss it entirely.  But maybe she'll skype from her bed with the two not-Gigi's bookending her.   I can see it now, someone starts grilling her and it will be "I deed nut hear dat.  Must be the coneckshun.   Vait ve are entreen a tunnel"

• Love 19

Okay, I finally got why Lisa said she's like a man tonight. Watching her and Eileen talk at lunch WAS like watching a couple in some kind of weird indie drama, with Eileen playing the "wife" role and Lisa playing the "husband" role. It was weird.

• Love 10

IMO, she IS saying things from Brandi but in her own words/vernacular instead of Brandi's words and she got them from Yolanda.

How many times does Lisa need to apologize to Eileen? Really, how many times? It wasn't Lisa that brought it up, it was Eileen and this third apology was still not enough for her.

Eileen brought up the origins of her marriage on the show. I just don't get what LVP  had to apologize for however; she did apologize several times.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 18
Erika's standard speech about how she doesn't have girlfriends because girls just aren't trustworthy---yeah, we all know what you mean. You don't value women and see them only as competition and you'd rather be just the one woman admired by men.

I wonder if that is the reason Erika went after Lisa V.  Maybe she was a little jelly that her husband took such a shine to Lisa on their double date.  Now she has to take her down so she can feel better about it.

• Love 22

In many ways, Erika is much like Yolanda. They both want other women to fawn over them, to give unconditional support/praise, and heaven forbid never question them or disagree with them. But THEY want to gossip/be catty about, question/disagree and judge the other women.  JMO

I think she, LisaV, is talking about Brandi not Kim.

Oh, I know that now but right when she said it, before they showed Brandi, 

• Love 4

She also laughed during at least two of the apologies, which sort of negates any pretense of sincerity.

Like the pretense that Eileen had moved on? She's happily attended multiple filming locations since the Hamptons jaunt and gave no indication that the situation hadn't been resolved to her satisfaction . . . even though, you know, lack of resolution and closure has compelled to initiate public confrontations about disputes that don't even involve her.

Lisa smiled, delivered the first "I apologize" in a chirpy voice, and then, when Eileen revived the disagreement and accused Lisa of making her feel like she had done something wrong by expressing her grievance (funny how Lisa has the power to make other self-proclaimed "grown ass" women feel so bad about themselves), Lisa still replied in a modulated tone until Eileen cut her off.

At this point, Eileen is reaching really hard to criticize and attack Lisa in her own home about a subject that was completely unrelated to her own beef, one that she had supposedly moved past. If Eileen is dissatisfied with Lisa's concessions to her and doesn't regard the apologies that Lisa has so far issued as adequate, that's no different from Yolanda lecturing Rinna about how "sorry isn't good enough!" If mea culpas aren't sufficient the first time - and continue to be lacking the fifth - what exactly is the objective in continuing to belabor the point?

In the previews, Eileen yells, "just say you're sorry!" Lisa has, many times.

I'm uncertain about this, but has Eileen ever issued an unqualified apology herself? Something like, "You know, Kim, I realize that you feel I acted inappropriately in asking you about your sobriety sponsorship. It wasn't my intention to make you uncomfortable but I did, and I apologize"? Like Lisa, Eileen has her rationalizations and justifications as far as I've ever seen - that doesn't mean she isn't correct in those rationalizations and justifications but it does make her hypocrite as far as the pearl-clutching over Lisa's approach.

And the entire imbroglio discounts the fact that Eileen's ire is over the accurate use of one word to describe the beginnings of her marriage - beginnings that she detailed at length of her own volition without any involvement from Lisa.

(I also remember that Lisa's insistence that the conversation occurred between "just the two of us" was an issue for some viewers since it transpired in front of a camera and at a party but then Eileen proceeded herself to talk to Rinna about it before perpetuating it over the course of many episodes and taking Lisa aside along with a camera man to lay out her feelings "privately")

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 15
Eileen brought up the origins of her marriage on the show. I just don't get what LVP  had to apologize for. However; she did apologize several times.

Yeah, one of the problems with Eileen making this the hill she keeps charging up is that it's actually pretty reasonable for Lisa to have asked questions like that given Eileen had already brought it up. Sorry if Eileen started to feel too confronted but there's nothing in it that's really cutting.

The best part of the night when LVP called Brandi "The town alcoholic"

That was awesome.

• Love 14

Like the pretense that Eileen had moved on? She's happily attended multiple filming locations since the Hamptons jaunt and gave no indication that the situation hadn't been resolved to her satisfaction . . . even though, you know, lack of resolution and closure has compelled to initiate public confrontations about disputes that don't even involve her.

Lisa smiled, delivered the first "I apologize" in a chirpy tone, and then, when Eileen revived the disagreement and accused Lisa of making her feel like she had done something wrong by expressing her grievance (funny how Lisa has the power to make other self-proclaimed "grown ass" women feel so bad about themselves), Lisa still replied in a modulated tone until Eileen cut her off.

I thought LVP was pretty condescending throughout every conversation she had with Eileen, so mileage varies on this one. I don't think it is anything like the Yolanda situation because Lisa R actually issued a sincere apology and took the situation very seriously. Eileen is not the first person to have issue with the fact that LVP never takes responsibility for anything - Kyle herself has been known to ask, "Can you admit to doing one thing wrong?" I personally love seeing someone who keeps calling Lisa out.

• Love 16

I don't think that if you break up 2 marriages and go on a reality show, where no one is really your friend, you can really be all self-righteous if it's brought up. You did it, it wasn't a big secret, own it and move on.

• Love 23

I don't think that if you break up 2 marriages and go on a reality show, where no one is really your friend, you can really be all self-righteous if it's brought up. You did it, it wasn't a big secret, own it and move on.

But - but - won't someone think of Eileen's child? And by "someone," I mean Lisa, because Jesse is apparently her responsibility, irrespective of whether or not Eileen is a "grown-ass woman" or not.

• Love 5

The thing is, these women want to try to change a person's whole persona. Kyle is friends with Lisa because she accepts that Lisa is a chess player. You make a note of it and move on. Once you do that, you can enjoy a friendship with her. All of these women have quirks about them that would make a person be on their guard around them. If you can't handle that trait in that person, choose to be an acquaintance instead of a friend. If you feel you can't trust them, keep them at arms length. For instance, I see Yolanda as a vapid asshole. But apparently Erika does not. She can be friends with Yolanda, but there is no way in hell I could ever be in the same room as that bitch-on-wheels. Everyone has their threshold of tolerance. Deal with it, or not.

THANK YOU!!

This all of it. I am the type of person who doesn't accept apologies easily and when wronged doesn't forgive often. But I know this is my fault (or trait) and its on me on whether I wanna move past a matter or not. As you touched on, each of the women have flaws and they harp on each others so much. It's almost intolerant.

I am also like Lisa in that I don't issue apologies lightly. If its not sincere i don't. And if I never meant malice or understand what someone is making a thing about I make a conditional apology or laugh off the matter in the face of drama. I think people paint Lisa as much worse than she is which is funny since there have been some seriously nasty and fucked up HW, as well as felons, and casual violence that's moved past easily, but that's just my opinion.

• Love 17

This is how good Lisa V is at her game - people think she has apologized several times, but she has never actually apologized. She's sorry IF she asked too many questions hahaha, etc. Eileen operates heart to heart - LVP has no clue what that even means. She's all about keeping the perfect image of herself in place.

Yeah, adding "if"'defeats the purpose of an apology in my book. What's to say "if" about when the other person is saying clearly "You did/said this thing about me/my husband/my family that offended me."? Responding with "I apologize *if* I offended you" just says that either 1) you aren't listening or 2) you don't give a rat's behind that the person was bothered by your statement/actions.

On top of that Lisa started getting sarcastic with that non-apology, again, which doesn't help move anything forward in a positive direction.

Oh, so Erika is one of THOSE women. Who doesn't have female friends because blahblah they talk shit about me whatever and then proceeds to talk shit about other women. Got it. I see you now Erika.

Yeah, I'm always wary of women who claim not to get along with other women or who say that they prefer men because women [insert ridiculous excuse here]*. It's like, Honey, I know you think you're some unicorn, but really you aren't. You engage in the very behavior you claim is specific to women so please stop.

*Especially when that excuse is something like "Women are petty that's why I don't have a lot of female friendships." I always want to respond, "Have you met a man? Men can be equally as petty."

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 20

Geez, I wouldn't want Kathryn for a friend. So no wonder Erika doesn't trust women for friends.

And here we go with the stupid drama between Eileen and LisaV again! I thought that had been laid to rest. These women are all such ding bats!

Kyle made a good point about Yo's email message; if Yo's brain is so badly affected by her Lyme disease why was the email so articulate. Oh, and she did remember how to send an email too.

Yes - and at 3:00 in the morning, no less...AND, she also knew how to send it not only to Kyle, but to all of the other ladies, too.

And, I am not buying the "I haven't worked out in three years" bullshit, either.  Maybe one year, but not three.

• Love 16

I thought Eileen was the first person to actually call LVP out in an articulate, cogent way.

I agree.  I love LVP, but I didn't think any of her apologies were actual sincere apologies.  They seemed more like, "Okay, you whiny little bitch, I apologize for fuck's sake.  Ay yi yi."  And that's what I took away from the first apology.  

Is it really *that* hard to say, "I"m really sorry, Eileen."  And leave it at that?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 22

Yes - and at 3:00 in the morning, no less...AND, she also knew how to send it not only to Kyle, but to all of the other ladies, too.

And, I am not buying the "I haven't worked out in three years" bullshit, either.  Maybe one year, but not three.

We saw her with the yoga instructor and she claims to have a modified Pilates routine.

• Love 10

But Eileen needs to come to the conclusion that this is as good as she's going to get...AND MOVE ON!!! I'm starting to have a hard time remembering what she's begging for an apology for, it was soooo long ago. She doesn't realize that every time she brings it up people are going to have her and Vince's extramarital affair on their minds again. Had she just let it go months (lol) ago, her good traits that she displays most of the time would outshine her indiscretion.

Exactly! Lisa V has the state of mind like a Tiffany Pollard/New York "I don't apologize because I don't make mistakes" attitude. Her questioning Eileen's affair LVP probably felt she was perfectly in the right especially since it was the topic of convo brought up by Brandi and that she/Eileen were friends. Then again it also goes back to the old saying if you dont want your skeletons to come out or old wounds to be revealed then don't come on reality tv. Because they always come out.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 11
I thought LVP was pretty condescending throughout every conversation she had with Eileen,

Yeah, adding "if"'defeats the purpose of an apology in my book. What's to say "if" about when the other person is saying clearly "You did/said this thing about me/my husband/my family that offended me."? Responding with "I apologize *if* I offended you" just says that either 1) you aren't listening or 2) you don't give a rat's behind that the person was bothered by your statement/actions.

On top of that Lisa starting getting sarcastic with that non-apology, again, which doesn't help move anything forward in a positive direction.

Exactly. I often have enjoyed Lisa's no bullsh*t personality but tonight I wanted to throw my remote through the TV watching and listening to her. She came across as very condescending toward Eileen. Should Eileen have maybe just dropped it after a while? Possibly, but at the same time...she never got mean or sarcastic or really shouty with Lisa. She relatively calmly tried to explain to Lisa why she was upset, which Lisa validated at every point in the conversation. She was sarcastic, dismissive, and IMO completely insincere in her "apologies".  She is VERY adept at turning every situation into one in which SHE has the upper hand: SHE is the one being offended; SHE is the one being persecuted; SHE is the one being misunderstood. 

I'll give her credit for being a master at the game, but as much as I wanted to throw my PHONE at the TV listening to Erica tonight, she isn't completely wrong in her assessment of Lisa V. 

And god, don't get me started on Yolanda.  That woman would have worn out my last nerve long ago.  I honestly find myself wondering just how far off the "munchausen" comments were.  And I think someone upthread said she was narcissistic... oh so true. She's another one who has mastered the self-rightous, holier-than-though faux outrage.  

This show is like a car accident along the side of the road.  I have no reason to really care, but can't look away. 

• Love 19

I can't see or hear Kathryn without seeing Aviva from RHNY. I'll never like her.

Amen.  Both have a horsey sort of look to them.

She's another example of a woman who had beauty but did too much plastic surgery/fillers or whatever it is that makes her facial skin look unnatural.  

• Love 5

I think it was a series of questions and terms LVP should have weighed before heading down the path.  It was almost like a tolerance test for Eileen.  There was a halftime where Eileen said to LVP she was being grilled.  Kyle tried to pull enlighten LVP but she kept at it.  I guess LVP can't see past it and I don't think she would hurt someone's child but LVP needs to listen at the Reunions.  Eileen was pretty clear about the entire subject matter at the Reunion. 

It is too bad these two had a falling out but I am seeing quite the race for the throne this year-lot's of ladies running for Prom Queen and nobody wants to be a runner up.

• Love 4

Saying "IF" means that she is unsure of what she did wrong to offend Eileen, Lisa said that she meant NOTHING offensive to begin with and was unsure how it was taken the wrong way. Eileen wasn't very articulate when she whined to Lisa the first time, the second time or even this last time. For an actress, she sure has trouble expressing her own feelings IMO.

I think there is a difference in apologies.  If Lisa had said "I'm sorry you were offended by what I asked/said/did", then, she is not apologizing for what she asked/said/did, because she would be putting the fault at Eileen.

IIRC, Lisa said something similar to "I'm sorry if I offended you by what I asked/said/did", so she is apologizing and accepting blame for being wrong, but not understanding why she is apologizing, because she had already said she was sorry to Eileen before.  Lisa doesn't think she did anything wrong by asking the questions she asked.  

I actually got tired of this whole thing back when it first happened in the Hamptons, and actually, I think it is all producer-driven, and that is why Lisa doesn't give it much credence or thought.  She apologized, over and over again, so move on, already!!  

• Love 16

I think it was a series of questions and terms LVP should have weighed before heading down the path. It was almost like a tolerance test for Eileen. There was a halftime where Eileen said to LVP she was being grilled. Kyle tried to pull enlighten LVP but she kept at it. I guess LVP can't see past it and I don't think she would hurt someone's child but LVP needs to listen at the Reunions. Eileen was pretty clear about the entire subject matter at the Reunion.

It is too bad these two had a falling out but I am seeing quite the race for the throne this year-lot's of ladies running for Prom Queen and nobody wants to be a runner up.

Yet could be production who wanted more tea about Eileen's affair. We have all said here that Eileen is "perfect" but production could be trying to show a different side to Eileen than we're not use to seeing. Why not use one of the best reality tv game players in LVP to bring that out? It's not like LVP will go down in flames, her popularity is way too big. Fans of this franchise will be quick to side with LVP before Eileen. I can go either way but some there is no changing ship. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Erika: I haven't changed much. Unless we're counting your (original) nose and lips, or the contacts and veneers, no. It's like Lisa is ... *waves hands* moving people around? Kinda like chess pieces? it's okay, you can say it. We already don't believe for a minute that you never watched the show before coming on. *giggle*

Eileen - while I very much appreciate your taking Lisa on ... I have to agree, that was a reaching-ass move - "Maybe she thinks you're spinning a web because you never properly apologized in the Hamptons!" Yeah, that was it. Lisa called it out dead on.

Kathryn - stop acting like you're so appalled to be "dragged" into drama. You love it, you couldn't look more excited when it's going on. I always appreciate when Kyle gets exasperated, she drops the niceties she starts going for the jugular a little more. Ha, chew on that, Yolanda.

Yolanda is always dictating what people can say and do. She always throws me because she speaks exactly like my Dutch friend, who was my fr/enemy for a long while. Listening to Yolanda was worse than normal at that point.

Lisa, just apologize and stop being such a fucking martyr. And you're the one being overly emotional Lisa, and kind of a bitch, too. Boo fucking hoo, you didn't get a card. You also didn't tell people, 'cause you didn't want a fuss, remember? But I do so appreciate you bringing up Brandi and the alcoholism accusation. Kudos!

LisaR: You didn't do anything tonight, but I'm annoyed at you for going on that horrid Kardashian Kocktails show. I know you'll do anything, but damn, have you no shame?? 

• Love 5

I can't see or hear Kathryn without seeing Aviva from RHNY. I'll never like her.

I'm not a huge fan of Kathryn, but I'd never tell her that to her face...did you see those arms?  She'd punch someone through a wall with those things, if she got mad enough!!  ;-)

• Love 6

When she first said "town alcoholic" I wondered which one. I was like damn LVP, her sister is sitting right there and than I realized she was talking about Brandi.

They used the flashback to support it was Brandi. LOL. Still funny.

• Love 8

I agree.  I love LVP, but I didn't think any of her apologies were actual sincere apologies.  They seemed more like, "Okay, you whiny little bitch, I apologize for fuck's sake.  Ay yi yi."  And that's what I took away from the first apology.  

Is it really *that* hard to say, "I"m really sorry, Eileen."  And leave it at that?

IMO, she really tried to tonight but she saw Eileen roll her eyes when she said "I am SORRY for what I asked/said/did". Lisa became dismissive at THAT point, not before but only when she saw that nothing she said was ever going to be good enough for Eileen.

• Love 15

Eileen - while I very much appreciate your taking Lisa on ... I have to agree, that was a reaching-ass move - "Maybe she thinks you're spinning a web because you never properly apologized in the Hamptons!" Yeah, that was it. Lisa called it out dead on.

Seems quite strange that BOTH Erika and Eileen used the Hamptons argument as THE reason for Erika's "spider/sniper" accusation! I suspect that Erika and Eileen discussed this BEFORE Erika made the comment to Kathryn and used Kathryn to set this all in motion. LOL 

• Love 8

The best part of the episode:  The woman at Lisa's house imitating Lisa and asking for the animals.

Oh God, Yo, I can't.  How dare two people at a table for five talk to just one another for a couple of minutes.  Talk about nitpicking.  And let's see.  For a person who did not witness the conversation that Kyle and Lisa had about 'the children', she sure has no problem drawing conclusions and making judgements.  I don't blame Lisa for leaving but she did leave Kyle in a mess.  Yo was totally chronic disease free for the whole lunch but the true Yo isn't that intelligent.  She did threaten Kyle.  Why?  I have no idea.  She knew she lost in that conversation so it's amazing how the 18 hour a day bedridden Yo can write a coherent email at three o'clock in the morning.  Yo is incredible at overcoming her dead brain when she doesn't 'win'. 

She claims not to have exercised in three years.  I guess yoga isn't exercise.  And how long ago was it when she made Brandi go running with her in Paris?

I get Eileen being upset with Lisa.  The apologies were condescending.  You don't apologize and say 'but' or chuckle afterwards.  Lisa can't handle humility.  She can't handle being wrong.  But she sure can hold a grudge when she's upset about something.  How many times did Kyle apologize to Lisa in past seasons.  

Erika doesn't have girlfriends because she can't relate to women.  She has a wall of insecurity and having gay men fawning over her is so much easier.

Kathryn claimed on WWHL that she told the other women about what Erika said because of Erika's statements about Lisa.  Yes, she wanted to be Erika's friend but realized that after Erika's statements, no.  I don't know what the truth is here.

Please Lisar, TMI about your marriage. 

• Love 8

This is how good Lisa V is at her game - people think she has apologized several times, but she has never actually apologized. She's sorry IF she asked too many questions hahaha, etc. Eileen operates heart to heart - LVP has no clue what that even means. She's all about keeping the perfect image of herself in place.

LVP asked a lot of nosey questions about an aspect of Eileen's life that most people who are not on reality shows would consider a sensitive topic. I believe LVP didn't consider it particularly sensitive because it was public information and Eileen had spoken openly about it. Moreover, she and Eileen were on a reality show and LVP had probably been prompted by a producer to get the "juicy" stuff from Eileen on camera for viewers who didn't know much about her.

Eileen, however, apparently did consider the topic a sensitive one, but for some reason was unable to speak up and tell LVP to stop. In her subsequent "confrontation" with Lisa, Eileen told LVP that she was hurt and upset by the on-camera questioning. LVP, who didn't see what the big deal was, also didn't understand why, if Eileen didn't like her questions, she didn't say so at the time and not answer them.

Eileen wants Lisa to apologize for bringing the topic up in the first place. She wants to hear Lisa acknowledge that it was insensitive and rude to even mention the scandal on-camera. She wants "I'm so sorry, Eileen, I should have kept my mouth shut and not put you in such a painful position. Please forgive me."

Eileen is not going to get what she wants. LVP is one tough cookie. She was doing the job that a reality "star" does. She doesn't see any reason to tiptoe around a topic that is not a secret and is not even a particularly unusual situation. Oh my! A married actress fell for a married athlete and they had an affair and they both divorced and now she's married to him! If Eileen didn't want to talk about it, fine, she should have just said so. I'm guessing Lisa was first bemused and then irritated by Eileen's insistence that Lisa's questioning inflicted some level of trauma on her. She doesn't believe it, she doesn't understand it and she isn't going to, no matter how much Eileen tries to make her.

Didn't she say that she hadn't been to the gym?

Didn't we see Yolanda practically strangling the trainer at the gym in Season 4 when the ladies took a boxing class together?
  • Love 21

I feel like Eileen truly does have a very cogent point to make, and I get her total frustration with LVP acting like she's an obsessive maniac for still trying to make it, but I think the thing that Eileen is going to have to just accept is that LVP doesn't do empathy if the reason for a person's upsetness or discomfort doesn't make sense to her. I think all Eileen is looking for is for LVP to at least be sorry she made Eileen upset, even if she thinks Eileen got upset for a silly reason, instead of trying to make Eileen feel or look crazy for being upset in the first place. And I think Eileen would accept more easily that she may have misread LVP's intentions if LVP would just at least act like she gives a shit about Eileen's feelings at all, instead of being super-dismissive of them from the jump because she feels Eileen read her wrong. And I guess just like even a stopped clock is right twice a day, even Kathryn might have accidentally backed into a good point when she said that Eileen should just catch the snap after three tries have only made things worse that LVP just may never get it, and maybe that's OK.

• Love 15

I'm still annoyed they spent more time on the cyclist instructor instead of the boxing instructors. I might need to take up fake boxing.

In this episode Lisa said, "Come on Eileen".

I would have liked it better if LVP was on a street corner in overalls when she said it.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 16