Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Spinning A Web

• Start Topic

Why does anyone try to change LVP's anti-apology behavior?  She will never admit to wrong doing beyond "I'm sorry you feel that way".  If that isn't enough of an apology for you or you can't accept that's all you will ever get, you need get over it and don't look back. It's a character flaw and if it's a deal breaker for you to continue being "friends", then move on.  And don't renegotiate your contract where you will be forced to interact with someone you deem unworthy.  But, if everyone on TV behaved as rational emotionally mature adults, then we'd never have any "reality" shows.

Yolanda has become a ridiculous caricature at this point.  Is she trying to fill every role on her own private soap opera?  Doting wife and mother!  Glamorous model! Gracious host!  Poor immigrant struggling with language barrier! Doomed by disease!  Victim of bullying! It's exhausting.  And while she was teaching her children never to whisper at a table of women, apparently she neglected to teach them not to throw out threats (empty or malicious) at the same table.  I hope Yo's Lyme brain clears up long enough for her to find the key to her "vault" then lock herself in it.

Kathryn seems dumb.  I don't like Erica.  And as much as I want to see the big trip to Dubai, I don't know if I can deal with Kim & Brandi returning.

• Love 15

I think the worst thing Kathryn did was totally misquote Erika.  Even if the sentiment of what Kathryn said was the same, you can't go around putting words in someone else's mouth.  Erika never uttered the words "Don't get caught in her web".  The way Kathryn said it makes it look like Erika was calling Lisa a spider.  Hell, her husband already called her an alligator.  This isn't going to make Lisa very fond of the Girardis. 

The thing is, I don't fault Kathryn too bad on runtellingdat to Lisa.  After all, Erika has proven that she does the same damned thing.  She ran back and told Yolanda everything the others were saying about her, and now that I think about it, she did a lot of misquoting too.  Now she can see how it feels when someone does it to her.

Here's the thing I think these women are faced with.  If they film a segment for the show with just two of them, and one of the two says something that can be construed as less than favorable about another member of the cast, the one who did not say the less than favorable thing feels an obligation to tell the other cast member about the conversation.

First, they are all trying to cover their asses and protect their place on the show.  Second, they are trying to prevent being called out during the Reunions, where you know, if there was no "runtelldat" conversation, the original gossipy conversation will be shown, and both women involved would look bad.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

I am not so sure Yolanda was referring to the fourth wall and storylines, I think she really believes that Kyle and LisaV have THAT much control over the show, filming AND editing. She gets a lot of her information from Brandi (Kim) and Brandi has been telling the world that LisaV and Kyle GOT HER FIRED and I suspect that Yolanda believes every single word out of Brandi's mouth.

I agree, they have to have some conflict on the show or it would be the end of BH. LOL

I thought she was trying to say we already have a producer, who is doing a fine job, so you don't need to move the storyline along. ( I took two years of Lyme speak in high school so I am able to translate :) Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 10

LVP should LOVE the Giardi's. They've compared her to alligators and spiders, and Lisa loves animals.

Erika sweetie, straight men will be nice to you because they want to have whatever remote chance of sleeping with you in the future, and your gay-for-pay(?) male friends are being paid. So do you have ANY friends? Because straight men can be just as "MEAN" as straight women, trust and believe. However they most likely won't be mean to YOU given you're female and conventionally attractive.

Lisa looked the best I've seen her lately at the spin class. Less makeup is truly more with her face.

LVP thinks the best way to win an argument is to remain in control of herself. She will never be out of control on camera, and the other women hate her for it. Because they get so frustrated that THEY get emotional and end up looking irrational. They want to see LVP sobbing and smash glasses, but that will never happen on camera. There is a general attitude in our culture (and moreso in British culture maybe?) that feelings and logic cannot coexist at a certain point. Once someone has gotten into their feelings, they've lost perspective and the ability to rationally analyze a point of logic. It's only okay to show emotion at someone dying. (Not my personal opinion, but I'm trying to express a general attitude that many people have-- excuse the incoherent thoughts.)

Which by the way- Erika I see you. (And Katherine saying "She cried like 7 tears, her face didn't move".- Katherine I see you.) Katherine is probably married to Donnie because he's the only person she looks smart in comparison to. From their solo scenes I hadn't realized how dumb she was. Once she got around the women, she seemed...well, dumb. I think Katherine is desperate to be friends with LVP. She's a less-smart(!) Taylor in my eyes- until proven otherwise.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 16

I still love me some Erika. And it's interesting -- but maybe just real life that most of the women -- have some of the trait themselves -- that they don't like in the other women.

Shit-stirrer: Lisa R, Kyle, LVP have done it. And now Kathryn has done it. She didn't let Erika get it out of her mouth before Kathryn was re-telling it

And, I would NOT call what Erika did and has done (the warning about LVP and letting Yo know what was being said) shit stirring -- not necessarily….

You know what  Let me stop….It just occurred to me….the problem is. THESE WOMEN DON"T KNOW WHEN TO RUN AND TELL THAT…AND WHEN NOT TO RUN AND TELL!

There's a time TO do it, and there are times when NOT to.

It seems they're not consistent as to when they gossip or tattletale and when they don't.

That's what gets me. 

Also, Lisa Rinna made WAY too much of what Yo said about Yo not conjecturing about Lisa being bipolar because of the glass throwing in Holland. Lisa honey sweetie pie, Yolanda did NOT throw it out there that you could be bipolar --like you did with her and the Munchaussen's. Yo said that after the glass throwing she COULD have wondered about you being bipolar. She wasn't saying that as a threat you IDIOT…she was saying it to point out that when you acted a certain way she didn't conjecture about you….the way you did about her.

I love Lisa Rinna some times. But I can see her being the kind of friend I'd also have to set straight every now and then.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 3

Maybe this is a "With age/Comes wisdom" thing, but nothing fries my ass faster than women who trot out the "It's not what you said, it's how you said it" whine, or some variation thereof*.  Take the apology and drop it, fer crissakes.  You will never get the tone you're looking for, and you shouldn't have been looking for it in the first place.  I direct this at Eileen and Mrs Crunchhausen, but only because I just started watching this season.

*a variation my bff practices re: her husband's choice in gifts: "He should know what to buy me without my having to tell him!"

• Love 6

I didn't like Kathryn from the first moment I saw her and now I'm really starting to despise her. I'll be happy to compare biceps with her but would be tempted to knock her the hell out cold by swinging my underarm fat at her face. Kathryn, save your flexing bicep display for someone in Beverly Hills that gives a crap

A woman shouldn't accept an invitation to lunch with an agenda to gather ammunition to use against her. To make matters worse she actually validated Erika's feelings about women friends, she just doesn't trust them. She has a small group that she trusts, Kathryn is exactly the type of woman that made Erika distrustful of women friends in the first place. Kathryn has the audacity to say "I want to be your first genuine woman friend."  Kathryn couldn't wait to run back to Lisa and dramatize the conversation by misquoting and exaggerating what Erika had said. Doesn't she realize that Erika is actually going to watch this episode and see what two-faced troublemaker she is?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 11

Classic mean girl deliberateness with private conversation is talking about how Yolanda's ugly or whatever and then when she asks what they're talking about you say "nothing" and giggle at each other. It's about making the other person feel isolated and picked on.

Saying it privately to Lisa in the hopes that it will get brought up anyway is annoying, but it's exactly the kind of annoying the show's based on and Yolanda was thrilled to run with it herself. She managed to use her "I don't want it brought up again" speech to bring up all her own grievances again. And she got pissed off when she restated her "I COULD state that Lisar is bipolar but I won't..." and Kyle logically pointed out that this is exactly the thing she accuses Lisar of doing with her "somebody said she had Munchhausen's" stuff. Then she even managed to up the ante again by referring to dark secrets she has about Kyle in her vault--which iirc somehow jumped off of her again using her soapbox to accuse Lisa of telling everyone her kids are lying or Yolanda is lying about her kids being sick.

Whatever nonsense Kyle and Lisa (the two together) started by bringing up Lisar still being annoyed at the bipolar comment, Yolanda heard it as her cue for her own festival of nonsense yet again. She was claiming she didn't want it brought up again, but then deliberately chose not to just say "I don't want to talk about that." She made it as front and center as possible.

That's not bitch eating crackers. That's tracking how we led up to Yolanda's latest speech about all the wrongs done her and how everybody else is a morally inferior. LOL!

I know exactly how mean girl tactics work and what it looks like. Been on the not nice side of it plenty of times so I know it when I see it. It's fine if others don't but doesn't mean it isn't what it is.

I recall Yolanda repeatedly saying that things between her and Lisa R were good. And a good portion at the beginning was Yolanda trying to convince Kyle that it wasn't something that needed to be spoke on any further. She attempted to brush by it a few times before the vibe really turned intense so it wasn't like Yolanda pounced on Kyle right off the bat. She was trying to calmly lay it to rest and when it was obvious that Kyle wasn't satisfied with the amount of time being spend on the subject is when Yolanda engaged a bit more aggressively which of course is what was the goal.

Oh and that whole sidebar with Lisa V was right after she asked Yolanda how things were with her and Lisa R and then had a little facial reaction to Yolanda's answer and THEN looked over at Lisa V to start her whole "discreet" I'm not buying what Yolanda's telling me are you? conversation as Yolanda sits looking right at her. I do not believe that whole dynamic, the rude and obvious display should have just been waved off like no big deal. Nothing to be up in arms about? What In what world? Cause I know just watching that shit go down had me all kinds of incredulous instantly and had me wanting to slap the ever living shit outta Kyle. That's how that scene played out for me. IMO there's no smoothing over how that shit was initiated and I find no fault in Yolanda getting all up in Kyle's ass over it.

Kyle intended for it to be discussed and not in a good way. The fact that Kyle then tries to turn it around like Yolanda was out of line to be annoyed with her about it and was wrong to have her say is what really annoys the crap outta me. This whole pretending like there was not ill intentions involved when she pulls that sorta crap just gives me a case of the slappy's. My hands twitches and I've got the urge to swat long haired brunettes away like annoying disgusting flies. Yuck.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

I think the problem here is that, for some reason, Lisa doesn't see her blunt questioning about Eileen's dating a married man while also married as rude or offensive. Most of us do, but for some reason, this is not on her radar. Why not is anyone's guess, but I think this is the main problem. Eileen actually perceives there is a definite disconnect between the way the two see things, but even though she realizes that, she doesn't genuinely let it go.

The thing is, she did not have to answer those questions. She did, then later regretted it. I've done that sort of thing on occasion, and felt manipulated also. However, at that point, it is a bit late to go back to the questioner and demand an apology. Admit to yourself that you've allowed yourself to be manipulated into a discussion you didn't want to have, learn from it, and move on.

Because Lisa has this myopia about her approach, she will always qualify her apologies about this issue because she just doesn't get that she has done anything offensive. So at this point, it's like swankie said, "Deal with it, or not."

I think you used an important word - "manipulated." That is what Lisa does - imo she knows exactly what she's doing. But it's true, Eileen won't get what she wants or deserves from Lisa. At some point she'll have to accept, learn that some people have no empathy and cannot be trusted, and move on.
  • Love 5

Well, we had Erika pegged even before this episode as that woman who doesn't like other women, but I had no idea it was because of her experience in JUNIOR high school. Give me a freaking break Erika Jayne. Those weren't even women, they were 12 year olds. I had a horrible time in middle school, but if I were to exclude entire groups of people from a chance at friendship based on who was and wasn't nice to me in junior high school, then I guess I'd currently only be friends with home room teachers and lunch ladies. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

• Love 22

Well, we had Erika pegged even before this episode as that woman who doesn't like other women, but I had no idea it was because of her experience in JUNIOR high school. Give me a freaking break Erika Jayne. Those weren't even women, they were 12 year olds. I had a horrible time in middle school, but if I were to exclude entire groups of people from a chance at friendship based on who was and wasn't nice to me in junior high school, then I guess I'd currently only be friends with home room teachers and lunch ladies. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

On the other hand, these women behave like preteens!
  • Love 4
Kyle intended for it to be discussed and not in a good way.

So she got what she wanted when people asked her what she was saying and she flat out said it and Yolanda had to hear Lisar's pov. It's not particularly any more terrible of Kyle to want to discuss something and getting it discussed than Yolanda showing up to multiple lunches intending to discuss her own stuff, sometimes with props. Yolanda still got to lecture loudly again so she pretty much won. Though Kyle and Lisa actually managed to advance a few yards by pushing back on the "everyone says I'm not sick" line. 

Oh, and then she sent the email. LOL!

• Love 7

The montage of the ladies reading Yo's email was hysterical. I guess we know where production stands.

Earth shattering questions to follow -

Is Bambi really a girl? I recall the original Bambi being a boy.

Is Khloe a Yorki? It's hard to tell with the puppy cut.

Is Lisa's new pup a Cocker Spaniel?

Do I prefer dogs to humans?

I know I do. It may be unfair but, I don't like or trust people who don't love dogs unless they were attacked as children.

So, after the fact Eileen tells the camera she doesn't want an LVP apology, is over the apology, it's not about the apology - she just wants LVP to "own it".  Eileen just wants to beat a dead horse and talk in circles about her feels.  She should just pay a therapist, if that's the case.

If I had Vanderbucks, I'd need animal sanctuary zoning, because I'd have a hundred times more critters than Lisa & Ken!   :-)

Me too. Critters are my joy.

I think the problem here is that, for some reason, Lisa doesn't see her blunt questioning about Eileen's dating a married man while also married as rude or offensive. Most of us do, but for some reason, this is not on her radar. Why not is anyone's guess, but I think this is the main problem. Eileen actually perceives there is a definite disconnect between the way the two see things, but even though she realizes that, she doesn't genuinely let it go.

The thing is, she did not have to answer those questions. She did, then later regretted it. I've done that sort of thing on occasion, and felt manipulated also. However, at that point, it is a bit late to go back to the questioner and demand an apology. Admit to yourself that you've allowed yourself to be manipulated into a discussion you didn't want to have, learn from it, and move on.

Because Lisa has this myopia about her approach, she will always qualify her apologies about this issue because she just doesn't get that she has done anything offensive. So at this point, it's like swankie said, "Deal with it, or not."

I didn't think what she was asking was offensive. Eileen went there with another man while she and he were both married to others. She was open about that on the show. She seemed reconciled about it. How was LVP supposed to know it was a sore spot with her?

• Love 12

So Kyle and Lisa whispered at the table in an obvious shit-stirring move, and then Lisa deserted her partner when things didn't go the way it was supposed to. Even though Kyle commented on that, I think she sees Lisa clearly now and knows how to safely team up with her for fun and tactical moves. That's progress I guess.

• Love 2

So far, to me, this season seems to be all about hurt feelings, apologies needed and disagreements over perceptions. 

Eileen perceived that Lisa's questions to her were wrong, and out of line, although she did not express that to Lisa when the questions were asked--instead, Eileen answered them, and then, (with some prodding by Lisa Rinna), perceived Lisa was out of line.  

Yolanda perceived that the conversation (where she wasn't even present) about the non-Gigi's was also out of line.  Kyle and Lisa were the instigators of the that conversation, and Yolanda was informed misinformed of the context of that conversation by Erika.  

Even if the clips of these conversations are shown to these women over and over and over again, they will never change THEIR perceptions of what was said and how or why it was said.  

Eileen needs to move on...she has been apologized to, several times.  She is never going to get more than what she has gotten from Lisa.  Lisa feels she did nothing wrong (and I kind of agree with her), because the entire conversation was a two-way one - Eileen never once attempted to shut Lisa's questions down.  Lisa did not browbeat Eileen to get the answers to what were, to her, just inquisitive questions trying to understand Eileen's past history.

And, Yolanda, well, as we all have said, is just delusional and living in her own little Lymeworld.  Lisa was asked a specific question regarding Yolanda's kids, by Kyle.  I do believe that Lisa answered honestly, and, unlike usual, she answered before thinking about her response.  I do believe that Lisa regretted her choice of words and bringing Mohammed into the conversation, but that was also her way of removing her opinion from the conversation.  Yolanda being all angry and insulted at Lisa and Kyle is wrong on so many levels, and definitely mis-directed anger.  If she should be angry at anyone, it should be Mohammed, because he is the one who told Lisa that the "kids were fine".  

But no, now we have to listen to everyone whine, demand apologies and then demand "better" apologies about perceived insults.  

Please - let's get these ladies to Dubai, so I can see what I dream of....I'm bored with the endless "I'm sorry" and "No, you're really not sorry, but I'll accept that, but not really" conversations.

• Love 14

Kathryn did not say that she was subpoenaed by the defense in the OJ trial. She said that she was subpoenaed, period, and fought it. It could have been for the prosecution. And, she refused to say OJ was guilty. After seeing her on WWHL, and on episode last night, I'm convinced she's a complete idiot and way out of her league. And, she also said she's forgiven Faye Resnick, so, so much for that big deal.

This.  She kicked off WWHL by mentioning Big Ang who isn't even on Bravo.  I thought she said the defense wanted her to testify.  She had no reaction when Andy mentioned that Marcus hit on Heather Dubrow during his marriage to Kathryn.  You could tell she was getting annoyed with all of the OJ questions.  It didn't help that Debra Messing wasn't afraid of expressing her opinions.

• Love 2

I think Eileen scored a few points by demonstrating that LISA WILL NOT EVER GENUINELY APOLOGISE TO ANYONE, EVAH!. Lisa came off like an asshole when she pretended to be confused. She absolutely knew what was bothering Eileen, both initially and how her apologies were bullshit "if you were offended" apologies, and that's why Eileen wasn't accepting them.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8

I have a headache from all this. If Brandy and Kim are back in the next episodes, I'm out. I don't watch these,shows for the arguments and gamesmanship; I have enough stress in my own life right now. (Fully understanding that some people CAN relax and just sit back and enjoy the ridiculousness!! lol)

• Love 6

Eileen is playing this apology thing as if it was a story line in a soap except the season is 20 or so episodes long and not day in and day out, year in and year out Monday through Friday.

She is doing it because it is her only story line much like Yoyo's and her never ending issues. 

She and Yoyo both need to be told "Accept it or don't, I don't care, but I am getting off this merry go round."

Agreed--and I think this is, in part, why LVP was so pointed in her "Look! The ponies!" distraction strategy. 

Yes, it's part of Lisa's MO to avoid direct questions and give "sorry if" apologies... but at the same time, I'm guessing that she sensed this was going to be some sort of Eileen-driven, multi-episode Apology Plea Ride that she could never get off. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 8

let's get these ladies to Dubai, so I can see what I dream of....I'm bored with the endless "I'm sorry" and "No, you're really not sorry, but I'll accept that, but not really" conversations.

I'm definitely ready for that. BH hands down has the best house and travel porn. I live for it (vicariously).

• Love 5

Maybe there can be issues translating one language to another....but YoLemonLymes has lived in the US for a long time. She can't use that ol language excuse any more! When you visit or move to a country with another language you try to learn about the language asap! (Been there done that which is why I am commenting on this language issue). Her mispronouncing Munchhausens is all pretend.

Not to mention Munchausens Syndrome isn't an exclusively English expression. 

• Love 4

I have a headache from all this. If Brandy and Kim are back in the next episodes, I'm out. I don't watch these,shows for the arguments and gamesmanship; I have enough stress in my own life right now. (Fully understanding that some people CAN relax and just sit back and enjoy the ridiculousness!! lol)

This.

All I've really heard so far this season:

Hey, Hey, bitch, new girl, money, money, Hanky, Panky, Jiggy, DAHLING, LYME ME, liar, liar, liar, drink, drink, OJ OJ, Faye, Faye, APOLOGIZE, no you, no you, no YOU, my kids, whisper, whisper, friend, not friend, Bitch.

• Love 6

I know I do. It may be unfair but, I don't like or trust people who don't love dogs unless they were attacked as children.

Me too. Critters are my joy.

I didn't think what she was asking was offensive. Eileen went there with another man while she and he were both married to others. She was open about that on the show. She seemed reconciled about it. How was LVP supposed to know it was a sore spot with her?

Last year at the Reunion Eileen made it very clear it was a subject not to be discussed.  She told Brandi that after her bringing it to the forefront, Betsy received calls and that she was going to do what Betsy did and hang up on the conversation.  There is just no way anyone could interpret Eileen's statement (almost a rant) as notice it was not be discussed publicly because of the child(ren).  Also, Eileen told LVP she was grilling her, Kyle intervened trying to derail and LVP continued.  I think LVP had too much to drink.  I like both Eileen and LVP and cannot understand what else there is between them that keeps them from enjoying each other like they did last year. 

Maybe  it is me I just can't see how it isn't  in poor taste to discuss romance when another's spouse knowing spouses got kicked to the curb in the process.  It is not appropriate for the adulterers to bask in the glow or for strangers to pry.  I guess in a fantasy land it would be nice to think the ditched spouse gets to retain some dignity.  I will exclude Brandi because six years later she is talking to a remarried LeAnn's ex about the genesis of the affair between Eddie and LeAnn.   

I too think the critters add to this show and no franchise comes close to RHOBH with their critters.

• Love 6

Eileen is trying too hard to be relevant. Let it go-!!! Good grief woman. She is becoming Yolanda, jr.

LisaR is grossing me out. Her strap on comment, pussy comment....with those lips...ugh!!

Kathryn.......you suck being a friend.

Erika.....YAWN

Yolanda, you are tiring me out, but thanks for putting Kyle on the hot seat.

Kyle, loved seeing you so uncomfortable. You look horrible in your TH's.

LisaV, keep doing you....I love you! The girls can make fun of you in spinning class, but you look damn good and are doing something to keep that figure. I love, love, love your house.

Oh, who gets thrown out by Mr Asshole next week.

This show is boring................ : ((

• Love 7

Not to mention Munchausens Syndrome isn't an exclusively English expression.

Münchausen is a German proper noun. Yolanda not pronouncing it correctly is no worse than English speakers not pronounce it correctly. Dutch, German and English are West Germanic languages. English speakers usually botch the pronunciation. Why can't a Dutch person?
  • Love 2

My favorite part of Yo popping her top was when she screamed to Lisa, "I don't need you to defend my children!" Just last week, wasn't she outraged that Lisa hadn't stood up and hissed "how dare you" the moment Rinna brought up Munchausen. If Lisa doesn't defend Yo, she wrong, and if she does, she's still wrong. Yo is textbook borderline.

• Love 19

So you guys know me, we've all mostly been around for a while and all of your names and opinions are as familiar to me as I'm sure mine are to yours as we watch this ultimately silly, silly show.

I have always known in the back of my mind that pretty much all of the drama is manufactured and these women are playing parts, except for the cast members who are delusional, addicted, or just plain nuts.  And I also know we all have our opinions on who those labels should hang on.  

But really, what are these shows about?  I honestly can't think of anything about the people.  It's a chance to see inside the "fabulous" homes and stuffed closets of millionaires, who are earning more money to show them to us.  It's a chance to laugh at their ridiculous snobbish behavior, fashion choices, and dubious standards.  It's a chance to snark - and I think we all know that's what draws us back.  

I've been realizing how little this show gives us in the way of reality, although it purports to be a "reality" show.  This season has been especially sparse, it almost seems flat after the shit show of B&K.  Nothing really happens, and the heavy hand of the producer is becoming more and more obvious.  I swear, when I watch each episode, I'm thinking about coming here and seeing what you all have to say more than what is actually going on on screen.  It's way more entertaining, guys.  Way more.  

• Love 16

So she got what she wanted when people asked her what she was saying and she flat out said it and Yolanda had to hear Lisar's pov. It's not particularly any more terrible of Kyle to want to discuss something and getting it discussed than Yolanda showing up to multiple lunches intending to discuss her own stuff, sometimes with props. Yolanda still got to lecture loudly again so she pretty much won. Though Kyle and Lisa actually managed to advance a few yards by pushing back on the "everyone says I'm not sick" line. 

Oh, and then she sent the email. LOL!

Hear LisaR's POV from someone other than LisaR? That's the main ingredient of these ridiculous "showdowns". I'm tired of the obvious plants. From that gathering we now have a mad Lisa V. LisaR who's gonna need clarification and another Yolanda confrontation that NO ONE wants to see. uggghhhhhhh Deliver me from evil Please!!!

She's not pronouncing it incorrectly, she's pretending she can't pronounce it by intentionally changing it to make the point that the disease has nothing to do with her and it's ridiculous.

I agree she's trying to make Münchausens seem like an insane accusation, and an incredibly laughable accusation. I don't blame her, it isn't true. The Lyme also isn't true.
  • Love 5

Here's the thing I think these women are faced with.  If they film a segment for the show with just two of them, and one of the two says something that can be construed as less than favorable about another member of the cast, the one who did not say the less than favorable thing feels an obligation to tell the other cast member about the conversation.

First, they are all trying to cover their asses and protect their place on the show.  Second, they are trying to prevent being called out during the Reunions, where you know, if there was no "runtelldat" conversation, the original gossipy conversation will be shown, and both women involved would look bad.

I agree with this. My issue is why haven't the women learned to diffuse the situation right there in the moment. If I am talking to Ericka and I ask her about her impression of Lisa V, and it is a negative one. I would say then and there, that I haven't gotten that impression from my interactions with LisaV. Maybe you should spend some time with her and get to know her. Or, i would say something like, "wow, I haven't felt that she is XYZ. Is that just a general impression, or has she said/done something to specifically make you feel that way?" That way it is very clear that even though I am engaging in the conversation, I am not backing the negative response and instead saying upfront that I disagree with the assessment. I get that this was probably a rookie mistake on Kathryn's part, but all of the women have fallen victim to runtelldat syndrome at some point, and it seems like they would have figured out a way around it by now.

• Love 10

Yolanda just like last season, has HUGE issues with LVP and wants to take her down.  It almost seethes from her, she's just having Erika do her dirty work, like she did Brandi last year.

At least Kyle wised up and realized that it's better being on LVP good side, than lumped in with the group that just comes off as petty or jealous because of LVP's fan-favorite status.

Kyle made the point years ago that LVP is cunning and will not admit she is wrong.   And as we have seen, that is abundantly true. HOWEVER, she still makes for fun TV, and it's smart for other housewives of align with her, and play her game.... otherwise they become the target.

Eileen is right about Lisa, but she still comes across looking bad, because it just wasn't that big of a deal.  Lisa was trashy to bring it up in a salacious way (which she would deny), but it was a very minor reality TV sin... especially since nothing she asked about was false.  Eileen being all butthurt that Lisa asked about her steamy affair, is hard to care about when she did infact have a steamy affair.

• Love 15

Yolanda just like last season, has HUGE issues with LVP and wants to take her down.  It almost seethes from her, she's just having Erika do her dirty work, like she did Brandi last year.

At least Kyle wised up and realized that it's better being on LVP good side, than lumped in with the group that just comes off as petty or jealous because of LVP's fan-favorite status.

Kyle made the point years ago that LVP is cunning and will not admit she is wrong.   And as we have seen, that is abundantly true. HOWEVER, she still makes for fun TV, and it's smart for other housewives of align with her, and play her game.... otherwise they become the target.

Eileen is right about Lisa, but she still comes across looking bad, because it just wasn't that big of a deal.  Lisa was trashy to bring it up in a salacious way (which she would deny), but it was a very minor reality TV sin... especially since nothing she asked about was false.  Eileen being all butthurt that Lisa asked about her steamy affair, is hard to care about when she did infact have a steamy affair.

• Love 1

Eileen has a bad habit of "beating around the bush" when she tries to explain her "feelings".

She does. She's also playing therapist -- "You deflect, you minimize!" -- to give herself a leg up. She needs to say something crystal clear and forthright  -- "You hurt my feelings. And I need to hear you say you're sorry you hurt my feelings, so I can trust you again." If LVP prevaricated around that, then the deflection and minimizing become self evident.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

Agreed--and I think this is, in part, why LVP was so pointed in her "Look! The ponies!" distraction strategy. 

Yes, it's part of Lisa's MO to avoid direct questions and give "sorry if" apologies... but at the same time, I'm guessing that she sensed this was going to be some sort of Eileen-driven, multi-episode Apology Plea Ride that she could never get off. 

Last week I posted something about my amazement that these women could keep a straight face and not burst into giggles at the stupidity/insanity of it all and then low and behold, LVP gets the giggles. I totally would have laughed at Eileen since I don't really think she was hurt by the story SHE KEEPS BRINGING UP...the story about her not wanting it on camera that she keeps bringing up on camera...LOL.

• Love 16

This.  She kicked off WWHL by mentioning Big Ang who isn't even on Bravo.  I thought she said the defense wanted her to testify.  She had no reaction when Andy mentioned that Marcus hit on Heather Dubrow during his marriage to Kathryn.  You could tell she was getting annoyed with all of the OJ questions.  It didn't help that Debra Messing wasn't afraid of expressing her opinions.

And somewhere Marcus Allen is curled up in a fetal position murmuring " I thought this was over" repeatedly to himself.

• Love 4

I just think they are on for one episode. My understanding is that Kim shows up for the Season Finale. Not sure when we will see Brandi, but I think it is just the one or two scenes with Yo. 

Last year at the Reunion Eileen made it very clear it was a subject not to be discussed.  She told Brandi that after her bringing it to the forefront, Betsy received calls and that she was going to do what Betsy did and hang up on the conversation.  There is just no way anyone could interpret Eileen's statement (almost a rant) as notice it was not be discussed publicly because of the child(ren).  Also, Eileen told LVP she was grilling her, Kyle intervened trying to derail and LVP continued.  I think LVP had too much to drink.  I like both Eileen and LVP and cannot understand what else there is between them that keeps them from enjoying each other like they did last year. 

Maybe  it is me I just can't see how it isn't  in poor taste to discuss romance when another's spouse knowing spouses got kicked to the curb in the process.  It is not appropriate for the adulterers to bask in the glow or for strangers to pry.  I guess in a fantasy land it would be nice to think the ditched spouse gets to retain some dignity.  I will exclude Brandi because six years later she is talking to a remarried LeAnn's ex about the genesis of the affair between Eddie and LeAnn.   

I too think the critters add to this show and no franchise comes close to RHOBH with their critters.

Just as Kim made it clear her sobriety was something she did not want to be a topic of discussion.

• Love 3

but Eileen is the one constantly bringing it up. Eileen inserted herself into the Hamptons conversation about divorce and participated in that conversation. She probably regrets it but she is now bringing it up at two more events whereas if she left it at the Hamptons it would be over. Also, it is old news and they can all continue to hang up phones (I doubt they are still ringing...well maybe they are now since Eileen is turning it into an issue). It was Eileen's poor tastes inserting herself into the divorce conversation in the Hamptons and for not shutting down questions at that time if they bothered her. I would have thought she was ok with it all since she initiated it by joining the conversation and participating in it and for not steering the questions the way she wanted or shutting down the questions.

My favorite part of Yo popping her top was when she screamed to Lisa, "I don't need you to defend my children!" Just last week, wasn't she outraged that Lisa hadn't stood up and hissed "how dare you" the moment Rinna brought up Munchausen. If Lisa doesn't defend Yo, she wrong, and if she does, she's still wrong. Yo is textbook borderline.

You know how Yolanda is a topper or one upper....she always has something worse or sicker or taller or etc... now she not only has narcissistic and histrionic personality disorders but we can also add borderline pd to the list! LOL

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 5

Oh, LVP, you passive agressive little devil, you. 

Lisa to Eileen: So, are we good, then?

Eileen: We're good

Lisa: extending her arm and pointing her finger at Eileen,  Are you sure? Because I need to know that we are really fucking good

Eileen: We're fine

LOL, well that was convincing, Eileen. Something tells me she's still not ready to let it go. She's  pissed at herself for not being quicker and telling Lisa to mind her business at the very sign of feeling uncomfortable with Lisa's questioning. Now you know better, Eileen. Time to move on.

• Love 14

I agree with this. My issue is why haven't the women learned to diffuse the situation right there in the moment. If I am talking to Ericka and I ask her about her impression of Lisa V, and it is a negative one. I would say then and there, that I haven't gotten that impression from my interactions with LisaV. Maybe you should spend some time with her and get to know her. Or, i would say something like, "wow, I haven't felt that she is XYZ. Is that just a general impression, or has she said/done something to specifically make you feel that way?" That way it is very clear that even though I am engaging in the conversation, I am not backing the negative response and instead saying upfront that I disagree with the assessment. I get that this was probably a rookie mistake on Kathryn's part, but all of the women have fallen victim to runtelldat syndrome at some point, and it seems like they would have figured out a way around it by now.

This is what I *really* find fascinating about the HW shows and probably what keeps me coming back: Watching the mechanics of how they navigate the unspoken rules of a reality-show relationship. (It's also why I generally can't get too pressed with any of them, unless you're committing fraud or something equally criminal in your off-camera life.)

Kathryn's scrambling to get a foothold in this group is rather interesting to me to watch. For as much issue as some people might take with Erika, I think she's already secured her place for next season if she wants it. I'll be really fascinated to watch how Kathryn settles into the group over the latter half of the season, because at this point she could go either way, and seeing how the newbie HWs fare in this established system is always its own storyline to me. I think Rinna and Eileen were kind of outliers/exceptions to this because of their pre-existing name recognition (unlike, say, a Joyce or a Carlton), but I'll be curious to see how things end up for the two newbies by the end of this season.

• Love 3

Eileen brought up the origins of her marriage on the show. I just don't get what LVP  had to apologize for however; she did apologize several times.

Really, she made it a topic of conversation by even discussing it. Why is she surprised that someone is curious about it?  If she didn't want to answer the questions she should have refused and changed the subject. Instead of being annoyed/offended by Lisa's questioning, she should have been annoyed at herself for answering the questions.

• Love 11

I was more interested in hearing Eileen talk about Ashley Abbot's plot lines. Last time I watched Y&R, Ashley didn't even have kids. Now she's got a daughter old enough for her to have an affair with her husband. Ha! Soaps have that magical time machine where they send a 5 year old off to boarding school and they return two years later as a 40 year old working in the mail room of Newman Enterprises.

Did the ladies eat at the restaurant? When Kyle asked for the check, I was thinking for what? Water, chips...almonds?

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 4

From Yoblanda's blog:

"I am 100% Dutch and proud of it, any one that was raised with a Germanic language will agree that our tone is strong especially once translated into English."

And yet, she cannot spell "Munchausen", a German word. (And Moses on one of LVP's ponies, is that game getting old. Her blog post has two more rounds of Medical See and Spell -- Manshausen and Munchhausen -- cousins of the Baron, I suppose --  but she sure can spell this Lyme related word correctly, and in all caps: NEUROBORRELIOSIS.)

She also can't spell Erika (Erica), Kathryn (Katherine), Eileen (Eilleen) or Craig (Graig).  I want to know who's writing her Bravo blogs cuz it ain't her.  Maybe Daisy's earning her keep.  

• Love 7