Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Spinning A Web

• Start Topic

Yes, I know what was conveyed. But the original post was saying that Kyle and Lisa were denying that a conversation happened and they're not. Lisa has agreed over and over that she was asked how Mo said the kids were and that she relayed that Mo told her the kids were fine. She didn't literally repeat that "He said Yo was the only one who has it" but this is the implication in this case of "they're fine." Nobody has denied that exchange.

When Lisa says she's not telling anybody her kids are not sick and Yo's a liar, she's saying that she's not claiming that she's got medical knowledge that the kids aren't sick. Nor is she saying "In my opinion those kids are fine and Yolanda is just a liar." That's what she means when she claims she never said the kids weren't sick--she's saying she herself has no way of knowing one way or the other. She told Kyle that Mo gave her the impression that the kids did not have Lyme disease--he either said "Yo is the only one who has it" or he simply talked about Yo having Lyme disease without ever suggesting the kids had it too. 

So Lisa and Kyle were not denying some conversation happened. They've admitted to the "And now the kids have Lyme too--what did Mo say about that?" "He's said they're fine--that Yolanda is the only one who has it" conversation. (They haven't repeated Lisa's exact words but Yolanda has taken it to mean that Lisa said Mo said the kids weren't sick so she's correctly understood it.) They're saying that they themselves aren't making a case that the kids aren't sick. Lisa repeated the impression/information she got from Mo.

Yolanda's free to be angry about that too, but there's no denial that the conversation happened with anybody. 

And yeah, I do think that Yolanda considering it underhanded for Kyle to say, "And Yolanda has just told me that children have been suffering from Lyme too and we didn't know it---Has Mohammed said how they're doing?"--even if Kyle is totally bringing it up so that Lisa can tell the world that Mo says it's bullshit--shows how threatening Yolanda finds it to not be in control of any conversation involving the stuff she's saying. 

So there was no implied doubt with that conversation? The reason it was even brought up had nothing to do with finding out whether Mohammed is also making these claims and therefore can back up what Yolanda is saying about her own children. There wasn't any vibe or energy within that conversation that suggested  that there was a strong need to hear it come from Mohammed before it could be taken as legit?

What I got from that conversation was that Kyle needed proof. And THAT'S where Yolanda's problems with that whole conversation mainly stems from. But it's gotten so convoluted and different things are being put at the center of it. Derailing the initial issue and confusing the situation and what's being focused on. That's what happens. It takes on a life of its own and instead of the initial intent being questioned a whole new host of inaccurate slights and understanding and grievances sprout up and turn into a mad gab of what each person is accusing, defending, offended by and informed about. That's why I stick with the initial tone of the conversation and what was said and not all the mess that's come after that.

Yes, I know what was conveyed. But the original post was saying that Kyle and Lisa were denying that a conversation happened and they're not. Lisa has agreed over and over that she was asked how Mo said the kids were and that she relayed that Mo told her the kids were fine. She didn't literally repeat that "He said Yo was the only one who has it" but this is the implication in this case of "they're fine." Nobody has denied that exchange.

When Lisa says she's not telling anybody her kids are not sick and Yo's a liar, she's saying that she's not claiming that she's got medical knowledge that the kids aren't sick. Nor is she saying "In my opinion those kids are fine and Yolanda is just a liar." That's what she means when she claims she never said the kids weren't sick--she's saying she herself has no way of knowing one way or the other. She told Kyle that Mo gave her the impression that the kids did not have Lyme disease--he either said "Yo is the only one who has it" or he simply talked about Yo having Lyme disease without ever suggesting the kids had it too. 

So Lisa and Kyle were not denying some conversation happened. They've admitted to the "And now the kids have Lyme too--what did Mo say about that?" "He's said they're fine--that Yolanda is the only one who has it" conversation. (They haven't repeated Lisa's exact words but Yolanda has taken it to mean that Lisa said Mo said the kids weren't sick so she's correctly understood it.) They're saying that they themselves aren't making a case that the kids aren't sick. Lisa repeated the impression/information she got from Mo.

Yolanda's free to be angry about that too, but there's no denial that the conversation happened with anybody. 

And yeah, I do think that Yolanda considering it underhanded for Kyle to say, "And Yolanda has just told me that children have been suffering from Lyme too and we didn't know it---Has Mohammed said how they're doing?"--even if Kyle is totally bringing it up so that Lisa can tell the world that Mo says it's bullshit--shows how threatening Yolanda finds it to not be in control of any conversation involving the stuff she's saying. 

So there was no implied doubt with that conversation? The reason it was even brought up had nothing to do with finding out whether Mohammed is also making these claims and therefore can back up what Yolanda is saying about her own children. There wasn't any vibe or energy within that conversation that suggested  that there was a strong need to hear it come from Mohammed before it could be taken as legit?

What I got from that conversation was that Kyle needed proof. And THAT'S where Yolanda's problems with that whole conversation mainly stems from. But it's gotten so convoluted and different things are being put at the center of it. Derailing the initial issue and confusing the situation and what's being focused on. That's what happens. It takes on a life of its own and instead of the initial intent being questioned a whole new host of inaccurate slights and understanding and grievances sprout up and turn into a mad gab of what each person is accusing, defending, offended by and informed about. That's why I stick with the initial tone of the conversation and what was said and not all the mess that's come after that.

• Love 1

If Bella even had Lyme  Yoyo set up that super styled picture of Bella (with artistic contrasting of pink against the grey and white) with the vitamin C drip (antibiotic my ass) to reinforce the idea that it was Lyme and not Bella's actions that was the cause of her DUI.

I don't believe they had it or have it. She never said anything until she had to reinforce the idea of her own "illness" and "suffering".

Mo is backing up his ex for his kids sake because they love their mother and he doesn't want the blowback.

• Love 14

In normal life? There's plenty of reason. If someone's wife tells you their kids have Lyme and you're talking to someone who knows their father of course you might say "How are they doing according to their dad with whom you're in frequent contact?"

Even if you totally believe that Kyle is stirring shit in normal life there is nothing automatically shady about that question. Mom gave one vague report about how they were, and someone asked how they were doing (are they responding to treatment? getting treatment? feeling better? etc.) Most people have probably done that at some point!

See this would make more sense if it were LV in that scene with Yolanda telling her about the kids having Lyme and then LV seeing Mohammand and asking him about it. Ya know along the lines of "Mohammad I recently spoke with Yolanda and I'm shocked to hear about Bella and Anwar having Lyme as well,  how are you all doing? THAT would be a normal progression of conversation in that situation. I fail to see how Kyle fits into that whole exchange or how her insertion in the matter (with regards to Mohammeds) side is natural at all. To me that's a bit of a stretch.

This conversation about Yolanda and her lymekids has gotten me thinking a lot about the subject in general and how it's been approached on the show.

I recently got into RHoBH and binge-watched all the seasons up until now in the span of a few weeks. I did not read any message boards, and I certainly didn't read any supplementary blogs, news articles, etc. All I had to go on were my own opinions on the show as it was presented.

And here's the thing - the lyme is never really touched too hard upon, at least on the show/reunions. The first time it popped up was in one of those season-ending recaps where it said that Yolanda was battling with lyme. And I'd heard of lyme before - how it's transmitted by ticks and that it was some kind of serious disease. But that's about it. And since then the viewers are never really educated on what it is aside from Yolanda's handwaving about lower brain function and not being able to talk/speak/walk/whatever. 

That's where it gets confusing. How bad is it? I mean, it sure sounds serious. Especially as the seasons go on you see a lot of revisionist history from Yolanda - statements like "I've been in bed for the past 9 months" when it's clear that she seemed perfectly able to do things a season before during this supposed time period. Then we get to the current season where she's walking around without makeup trying to look like she's dying, and like... okay? Once again, as far as I understand lyme is not a deadly disease even if it is debilitating, so I'm not sure what's with this escalation. I guess we are meant to believe that no treatments are working and in the past 3 years (or however many she's had this lyme for) she has not found a way to stabilize it. Regardless it's very confusing as to how she claims to be in bed for half a year while clearly having been fine filming earlier.

Then there's the whole "sick selfie happy selfie!" thing which, like, I get it. I don't have experience with chronic diseases but I imagine that people with them have good and bad days - days where they really do lie in bed all day in pain and days in which they have the strength to be out and about and whatever. But instead of it being addressed it turns into this whole big thing. I think a big part of it is because Yolanda just launches into her "if you're not 100% trusting me as a friend and believing me then you're against me and discrediting my journey!" tirade but even as a viewer, we don't really seem to get that much insight/information on what lyme disease actually entails so it's no wonder that there's all these questions floating about. I don't think there's ever been a scene where someone sits down with Yolanda and asks her to lay out in detail what exactly LD entails.

Which leads me in my very roundabout way back to her lyme diseased children. And it sure as hell is confusing, and I can 100% see why Kyle and others would be questioning it. Because Yolanda has been acting like she's on death's door with her lyme, and how horrible and debilitating it is, and then she just drops the bomb that two of her children have it as well. Shocking news! Then of course the questions would pour in - are they okay? They seemed healthy, so how did this fly under the radar? And as a viewer it totally muddies up the whole lyme disease thing as well - so okay, there are different severities then? You can have it and not really be affected by it? How do two of her children even get it if it's usually gotten from tick bites? 

Basically I don't feel any more educated on lyme and how it works after watching the show, and unfortunately instead of going into it, we just see Yolanda giving inconsistent statements and then getting into weird slapfights about it. Not to mention all her holistic treatments, which, well, I don't really believe in that quackery - basically if alternative medicine worked it'd just be called medicine, ya know?

I get what you are saying and both the editors and Yolanda herself haven't been very good at education anyone. If you have a free day, I suggest reading/skimming Yolanda's thread. I just started coming to this site last season and it really opened my eyes. The other users post links to articles and social media posts that are helpful/informative.

Welcome;-)

• Love 4

Then you have to go back to when Yolanda first told Kyle the kids have it. Kyle was shocked and surprised to hear that Bella and Anwar are "suffering" from LD as well and that Yolanda credits a weak immune system from breast feeding them when she had silicone breast implants (even though they were NOT leaking back then) to them getting LD. That was THE initial conversation and Kyles "initial tone" was shock and surprise.

See this would make more sense if it were LV in that scene with Yolanda telling her about the kids having Lyme and then LV seeing Mohammand and asking him about it. Ya know along the lines of "Mohammad I recently spoke with Yolanda and I'm shocked to hear about Bella and Anwar having Lyme as well,  how are you all doing? THAT would be a normal progression of conversation in that situation. I fail to see how Kyle fits into that whole exchange or how her insertion in the matter (with regards to Mohammeds) side is natural at all. To me that's a bit of a stretch.

Didn't Yolanda tell ALL of them, except LisaR and Kathryn, about the kids shortly after the walk with Kyle/Erika? She sat and chatted with the others, made that announcement and then left. This is when Eileen let the cat out of the bag about LisaR bringing up Munchausen Syndrome.

• Love 10
So there was no implied doubt with that conversation?

That's irrelevant to whether or not Lisa and Kyle are lying about the conversation having happened. I'm just saying they never denied that the "Mohammed said Yolanda's the only one who had it" conversation happened. 

See this would make more sense if it were LV in that scene with Yolanda telling her about the kids having Lyme and then LV seeing Mohammand and asking him about it.

I'm just talking about life outside the show, though. I'm disagreeing that there's no reason to ask after a child's health if their mom told you they had Lyme disease for 2 years. Whether or not the person you're talking to had told you they just saw the kids' father and he just gave them new information.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 2

Then you have to go back to when Yolanda first told Kyle the kids have it. Kyle was shocked and surprised to hear that Bella and Anwar are "suffering" from LD as well and that Yolanda credits a weak immune system from breast feeding them when she had silicone breast implants (even though they were NOT leaking back then) to them getting LD. That was THE initial conversation and Kyles "initial tone" was shock and surprise.

And the tone that I got while she was sitting with Lisa was doubt. And what better way to satisfy her doubt, one way or the other, by getting second hand proof from Lisa who is good friends with Mohammad? I mean not for nothing, the conversation happened and it is what it is but what's really at the crux of it all is their need to force some innocent blanket over that exchange when in my opinion it wasn't innocent. I mean it could have been addressed and moved on from by now if everyone involved weren't so hell bent on justifying portions of the conversation or hanging on to certain semantics but as usual it's an offense in itself when you call someone out about having suspect conversations behind another persons back.

Hey, if ya gonna do it fine but don't act completely baffled that someone isn't too happy about it no matter what kind of spin you want them to believe about the conversation had. When someone is not present to read body language, tone, and assess the intent of someone's actions then it's only natural that any negative output, no matter how minor is going to manifest into hard feelings. That's why most people know it's not a good idea to talk about people behind their backs and for the sake of this show of course it's a part of the job but then don't pretend that the obvious consequences of such behavior is such an outrageous imposition put upon you when the situation calls for it. Their ridiculous defense of shit they know damn well will get them in hot waters is what really annoys the crap outta me.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

I don't fault Kyle for brining it up to Lisa at the "bbq" because it's fucking confusing and even if she was stirring the pot, it's a TV show and she's asking exactly what viewers are thinking. Yoyo just randomly bring up that the kids have Lyme and when Kyle asked her more, in a confused non-shit-stirring way, Yo dismissed her entirely. The only thing she's bringing awareness to at this point is her greasy ponytail.

The more I hear about the kids' chronic Lyme, the more I think the conversation in the park between Yo and Kyle was filmed after the fact. Yoyo was acting so odd then, more than usual. The Lyme controversy drives me mad because Yo can't give a straight answer to a simple question. But I have a gut feeling that Yo brought up the kids' Lyme off camera and when Kyle brought it up at the bbq, they scrambled to rewrite history. 

Whatever the case, I don't have any more sympathy for Yolanda. Lyme already gets a bad rap and she's not doing anything to set the record straight. Instead she tried to blame the kids' Lyme on her faulty breast implants. That's only spreading more minisinformation and I'm glad Kyle asked her to explain because it is fucking confusing. 

• Love 17
When someone is not present to read body language, tone, and assess the intent of someone's actions then it's only natural that any negative output, no matter how minor is going to manifest into hard feelings.

Yoliar should take note of that, given how she twisted the situation into Lisa "talking shit" about the non-GiGis, which never happened.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 12

Yoliar should take note of that, given how she twisted the situation into Lisa "talking shit" about the non-GiGis, which never happened.

Exactly! LOL Yolanda didn't even ask either LisaV or Kyle what was said, she ASSumed that it was nefarious from the get go.

• Love 15

And the tone that I got while she was sitting with Lisa was doubt. And what better way to satisfy her doubt, one way or the other, by getting second hand proof from Lisa who is good friends with Mohammad? I mean not for nothing, the conversation happened and it is what it is but what's really at the crux of it all is their need to force some innocent blanket over that exchange when in my opinion it wasn't innocent. I mean it could have been addressed and moved on from by now if everyone involved weren't so hell bent on justifying portions of the conversation or hanging on to certain semantics but as usual it's an offense in itself when you call someone out about having suspect conversations behind another persons back.

Hey, if ya gonna do it fine but don't act completely baffled that someone isn't too happy about it no matter what kind of spin you want them to believe about the conversation had. When someone is not present to read body language, tone, and assess the intent of someone's actions then it's only natural that any negative output, no matter how minor is going to manifest into hard feelings. That's why most people know it's not a good idea to talk about people behind their backs and for the sake of this show of course it's a part of the job but then don't pretend that the obvious consequences of such behavior is such an outrageous imposition put upon you when the situation calls for it. Their ridiculous defense of shit they know damn well will get them in hot waters is what really annoys the crap outta me.

It wasn't as if Yolanda just casually said the kids have it, she said they were "suffering (as in ongoing) from CLD" AND that they got it 2-3 "YEARS" ago. That would throw anyone that knows the kids for a loop IMO and the simple fact that Yolanda never even mentioned they were sick at all makes her comment all the more confusing. Especially in light of the fact of Bella's DUI occurring after she was diagnosed with LD and yet her mother doesn't relay that about Bella when she tells Kyle about the DUI while on the yacht in Spain. Then factor in that during this time, when 2 of her children are sick and suffering from CLD, she is out and about traveling all over the world leaving said sick kids at home with only the housekeeper on hand and she advises said housekeeper to let Bella do whatever she wants to do.

• Love 19

But that's the point She wasn't there to assess the tone of the conversation Herself however enough information was put out there for it to end up getting back to her. It's like this, you risk having a conversation about someone else's business without said person present then you risk the information getting back to them and received in a manner that it "wasn't" intended. If you can't control how someone will read your involvement in a conversation it is usually best to stay mum about sensitive topics, let alone bring them up. Now we all know that ain't gonna happen, shit will be spoken, cause that's the whole point of this show HOWEVER that still doesn't negate what the natural response is going to be for deciding to talk about someone's situation behind their backs. Kyle's confusion just HAS to be satiated. That's so much more reasonable to accept than just not gossiping about it? Anyway, to me, to deny this very simple and justifiable reaction Yolanda had is what is the true thorn in my side. Lyme disease or no lyme disease.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1

It wasn't as if Yolanda just casually said the kids have it, she said they were "suffering (as in ongoing) from CLD" AND that they got it 2-3 "YEARS" ago. That would throw anyone that knows the kids for a loop IMO and the simple fact that Yolanda never even mentioned they were sick at all makes her comment all the more confusing. Especially in light of the fact of Bella's DUI occurring after she was diagnosed with LD and yet her mother doesn't relay that about Bella when she tells Kyle about the DUI while on the yacht in Spain. Then factor in that during this time, when 2 of her children are sick and suffering from CLD, she is out and about traveling all over the world leaving said sick kids at home with only the housekeeper on hand and she advises said housekeeper to let Bella do whatever she wants to do.

And that both non-gigi's had "severely compromised immune systems."  She made it sound like they were living in those plastic bubbles for kids who really do have severely compromised immune systems and could die from a cold.

• Love 11

The only information given to Yo about the conversation about the kids' Lyme came from Erika.  And Erika's information was inaccurate.  Yo drew her conclusion from that.  No one at that table said in that conversation that the kids didn't have Lyme.  Lisa said Mo said they didn't.  And even with that said, none of the women said that they agreed with him.  Did they express confusion?  Sure.  Wouldn't pretty much anyone be after Lisa said that?

Kyle asked a simple and IMO an understandable question:  What's going on with Bella and Anwar and their Lyme disease?  The women on the show are no different from any of us and most of us were pretty shocked when Yo declared the non Gigi's have had CL for two years.  If you don't want people to talk about your children's private issues, then don't put it out there.  You can't have it both ways.  Just like Yo can't expect people on the show to not talk about her when it is, in fact, a reality show.  

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 18
It's like this, you risk having a conversation about someone else's business without said person present then you risk the information getting back to them and received in a manner that it "wasn't" intended.

It ceased being just Yolanda's business once she told her children's business to the other ladies and the viewing audience. Yolanda needs to take it up with Mohammed if she wants total control of their children's lives and narrative.

If you can't control how someone will read your involvement in a conversation it is usually best to stay mum about sensitive topics, let alone bring them up.

​If that's the case, then Erika should've kept her mouth shut.

Yo brought up the non-Gigi's non-Lyme to gain sympathy.

Exactly. If it had gotten back to Yolanda that Kyle and Lisa were discussing how hard the non-GiGis' LD must be on their poor, sickly mother, Yo would've been creaming her white jeans in delight.

• Love 11

All this commentary about what Mo might have been trying to do through Lisa, and how Yo must be jealous of Lisa's relationship with Mo, etc., etc., etc. is nothing but speculation - wishful thinking perhaps, but nothing based upon known facts or anything Mo has said.

• Love 2

So, I just read the blogs. I am back to not trusting Ericka and stand by my original stance that LisaV thought they were on the way to becoming friends and that this episode is the moment when they become enemies.

From LisaV's Blog:

Kathryn relayed her conversation with Erika with, I believe, good intention. She has been critiqued immensely for this, as if she was creating drama, but no, she was absolutely cognizant of the fact that I was enjoying my friendship with Erika and was blissfully unaware of the antagonism that Erika was spewing. She was well aware that I would hear it later, so she repeated the statement Erika had made. She was looking after my welfare, so she repeated the statement Erika had made. I don't know why it hurt me so much. Maybe because I had hopes of a friendship with her, but obviously she thought otherwise. Perhaps I envisioned a repeat of an ugly experience I endured before, an experience that cut to the quick. I think Kathryn was baffled why she was so negative in her attitude toward me, and I felt the same. I couldn't understand it, because at the initial dinner with Erika and her husband Tom, I took it in good humor--his assertion that I was akin to an alligator. I never met him before that dinner, complimented him and was gracious. Now my perception is different. I understand now how I misinterpreted that...

From Ericka's Blog:

What I said to Kathryn at my home about Lisa Vanderpump is how I felt and is based upon my in-person observations of her behavior. Let's see if Lisa will take my opinion like the man that she claims to be.Something tells me she probably won’t.

So, Ericka was obviously putting a different face on things when interacting with Lisa V. Yet, she never once said any of this to LisaV, leaving her to believe they were actually building a friendship. I know I keep harping on this, but that extra footage of the women on the hoverboards, had me truly believing that these two were actually enjoying each other's company and that any pretense at there being this ongoing drama between them had been created in the editing room. Now, I am wondering if Ericka had been saying negative things about Lisa all along and this was just the first time, LisaV was made aware of it. It does explain Lisa's point above about how she realizes she misinterpreted Tom's "compliment."

This irritates me because I want to like Ericka, but I just can't get a bead on her true personality (the sniper pun was unintended, but I'm leaving it there). Is she just Yolanda's hired gun at this point? Did she ever have any intention of engaging with and getting to know the women without Yolanda's influence? Something isn't right with this chick. 

I do disagree with Lisa's assertion that she didn't think Kathryn had ill intent by telling her what Ericka said. Kathryn was practically salivating at the opportunity to report back about what Ericka said. I'm seeing shades of Brandi in both of the newbies. Ericka acting as a spy/pitbull for Yolanda and Kathryn sidling up to Lisa and telling her that people are plotting to bring her down behind her back. 

• Love 18

It ceased being just Yolanda's business once she told her children's business to the other ladies and the viewing audience. Yolanda needs to take it up with Mohammed if she wants total control of their children's lives and narrative.

The thing is I don't believe "the rules of reality show tv" really factor into their in the moment, real life reactions. Yes, they understand that they are on a show but they aren't necessarily following a steadfast script At. All. Times and considering this, that or the other about reality show antics so of course Yolanda (as well as the others) are going to also have natural reactions that Do Not take into account what "reality show nuances" are expected of it's cast members. Yolanda's reactions, on this subject, to me, are natural. Kyle's deliberate shit stirring isn't and yet I'm supposed to believe that Kyle's behavior is more authentic than Yo's? Or isn't a part of the reality show "wash, rinse and repeat" Nonsense?  At least it makes sense why Yolanda's annoyed. For me it's harder to get on board with Kyle's oh so innocent curiosity and burning confusion of it all that leads to her very frequent habit of bringing things up at the table for awkward discussion. It's happened how many times this season about a variety of subjects?  I believe half of Kyle's "bringing shit to the table" is about earning her paycheck and the other half is that she just plain ole' likes being mean and smirking across tables.  This season alone has made it pretty evident.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

So, I just read the blogs. I am back to not trusting Ericka and stand by my original stance that LisaV thought they were on the way to becoming friends and that this episode is the moment when they become enemies.

From LisaV's Blog:

From Ericka's Blog:

So, Ericka was obviously putting a different face on things when interacting with Lisa V. Yet, she never once said any of this to LisaV, leaving her to believe they were actually building a friendship. I know I keep harping on this, but that extra footage of the women on the hoverboards, had me truly believing that these two were actually enjoying each other's company and that any pretense at there being this ongoing drama between them had been created in the editing room. Now, I am wondering if Ericka had been saying negative things about Lisa all along and this was just the first time, LisaV was made aware of it. It does explain Lisa's point above about how she realizes she misinterpreted Tom's "compliment."

This irritates me because I want to like Ericka, but I just can't get a bead on her true personality (the sniper pun was unintended, but I'm leaving it there). Is she just Yolanda's hired gun at this point? Did she ever have any intention of engaging with and getting to know the women without Yolanda's influence? Something isn't right with this chick. 

I do disagree with Lisa's assertion that she didn't think Kathryn had ill intent by telling her what Ericka said. Kathryn was practically salivating at the opportunity to report back about what Ericka said. I'm seeing shades of Brandi in both of the newbies. Ericka acting as a spy/pitbull for Yolanda and Kathryn sidling up to Lisa and telling her that people are plotting to bring her down behind her back. 

I agree that Erika was putting one face on when she is with LisaV and another with everyone else, I also think LisaV liked Erika from what SHE saw/heard when with/around Erika. I will go one step further though and say that Erika was doing everything she could to keep Lisa believing that they were "friends/friendly" while she helped Yolanda to set Lisa up for a major fall.

As for Kathryn, she had a stupid grin on her face when she told Lisa about the conversation but I am not sure yet if she smiles when nervous like some people do or that she enjoyed telling Lisa because she gets that same grin on her face when things get nasty between the others in group settings. For me, the jury is still out on Kathryn.

• Love 21

This conversation about Yolanda and her lymekids has gotten me thinking a lot about the subject in general and how it's been approached on the show.

I recently got into RHoBH and binge-watched all the seasons up until now in the span of a few weeks. I did not read any message boards, and I certainly didn't read any supplementary blogs, news articles, etc. All I had to go on were my own opinions on the show as it was presented.

And here's the thing - the lyme is never really touched too hard upon, at least on the show/reunions. The first time it popped up was in one of those season-ending recaps where it said that Yolanda was battling with lyme. And I'd heard of lyme before - how it's transmitted by ticks and that it was some kind of serious disease. But that's about it. And since then the viewers are never really educated on what it is aside from Yolanda's handwaving about lower brain function and not being able to talk/speak/walk/whatever. 

That's where it gets confusing. How bad is it? I mean, it sure sounds serious. Especially as the seasons go on you see a lot of revisionist history from Yolanda - statements like "I've been in bed for the past 9 months" when it's clear that she seemed perfectly able to do things a season before during this supposed time period. Then we get to the current season where she's walking around without makeup trying to look like she's dying, and like... okay? Once again, as far as I understand lyme is not a deadly disease even if it is debilitating, so I'm not sure what's with this escalation. I guess we are meant to believe that no treatments are working and in the past 3 years (or however many she's had this lyme for) she has not found a way to stabilize it. Regardless it's very confusing as to how she claims to be in bed for half a year while clearly having been fine filming earlier.

Then there's the whole "sick selfie happy selfie!" thing which, like, I get it. I don't have experience with chronic diseases but I imagine that people with them have good and bad days - days where they really do lie in bed all day in pain and days in which they have the strength to be out and about and whatever. But instead of it being addressed it turns into this whole big thing. I think a big part of it is because Yolanda just launches into her "if you're not 100% trusting me as a friend and believing me then you're against me and discrediting my journey!" tirade but even as a viewer, we don't really seem to get that much insight/information on what lyme disease actually entails so it's no wonder that there's all these questions floating about. I don't think there's ever been a scene where someone sits down with Yolanda and asks her to lay out in detail what exactly LD entails.

Which leads me in my very roundabout way back to her lyme diseased children. And it sure as hell is confusing, and I can 100% see why Kyle and others would be questioning it. Because Yolanda has been acting like she's on death's door with her lyme, and how horrible and debilitating it is, and then she just drops the bomb that two of her children have it as well. Shocking news! Then of course the questions would pour in - are they okay? They seemed healthy, so how did this fly under the radar? And as a viewer it totally muddies up the whole lyme disease thing as well - so okay, there are different severities then? You can have it and not really be affected by it? How do two of her children even get it if it's usually gotten from tick bites? 

Basically I don't feel any more educated on lyme and how it works after watching the show, and unfortunately instead of going into it, we just see Yolanda giving inconsistent statements and then getting into weird slapfights about it. Not to mention all her holistic treatments, which, well, I don't really believe in that quackery - basically if alternative medicine worked it'd just be called medicine, ya know?

I'm a new viewer of the show and one of the first things that drew me in was Yolanda and her Lyme disease, because I have a cousin who suffers from this disease, but as I've watched, I'm left scratching my head at the differences between my cousins journey with Lyme & Yolanda's.

At the time my cousin was infected by the Tick there was little to no support for the Lyme community, she suffered from many of Yolanda's ailments.. BUT when my cousin finally did find a doctor who validated that she was in fact sick, he told her , "yes, you do have a serious illness and you can be treated"  She started to get better, will she ever be 100% herself again?  No, she still gets bouts of fatigue, BUT she's out and about living life and not letting anything stop her. In the beginning my cousin had to take close to 50 different medications, a majority of them homeopathic, and it was very expensive and my cousin and her husband who were surviving on one income, they are not rich by any means... so it leaves me scratching my head that Yolanda's is taking a closet full of pills, she can afford to go to any doctor and have all these different treatments and procedures and is still not getting better.  

So while Yolanda may be suffering from Lyme disease, I believe the bigger issue is that she may be suffering from depression (just my opinion) and if her marriage was on the rocks, and she was feeling isolated, this could factor in on a big part of her demeanor, she can blame the Lyme all she wants, but I'm thinking she needs to take a closer look at what's really ailing her and not in the physical aspect.

Again just my opinion, I believe that Yolanda has Lymes disease, but I think there is more to the overall situation than is being told.

Edited by Mckinnonsgirl
  • Love 17

Look Dahlings, the ponies are near the pool!

Thank you LVP for the perfect line to use when our board has opposing opinions and it's time to congenially disagree  about something else.

Don't forget "The ponies are in the wine room!".  Those ponies are so adorable.  I love the way they herd together all the time.  It was great of Lisa to get two of them to keep each other company.

• Love 11

Yolana no more has lyme then I do. Her husband left her, she had to sell her house, her kids grew up , and she had leaky implants and probably menopause. She just wants to act like a victim so everyone will coo all over her and tell her how brave she is. UGH. 

Then she compounds it by saying her kids have it, it's fatal (lie), etc., etc,

Then she puts even more fuel on the fire by jetting all over the dang place while claiming she's in bed. She's a LIAR.....

This chick needs mental help and fast. I don't blame David Foster AT ALL. RUN from the crazy. Run.....

• Love 12

Didn't Yolanda file for divorce?

Yes, it is a tour de force for Yolanda to make David appear to be the good one,yet she managed it!

The guy is a pompous douchebag yet I strongly feel sorry for him.

At least with Linda, they had a common interest in music.

What on earth did he find in yoyo?

• Love 7

I think Kyle's intent was to find out how the "kids" are doing.  I don't see any malice in her intent or her question. I don't think Kyle decided to out the kids as healthy since I think Kyle is fairly gullible and seems to want the best for people (kind hearted....she even helped Brandi, her "enemy", look for her dog). I do think she is finally starting to see inconsistencies in Yo's stories but I don't think there was any ill intent.

I agree with this. We have to remember that the conversation around the table at the time was what Yo was doing to make herself feel better (yanking out teeth and leaky breast implants). They were expressing the hope that these things would make her better. Since they had just learned that two of her children were suffering from the same disease for two years, why would it be unusual for someone to ask what was going on with them and their disease? It just seems like a logical question. It would certainly be the one I would ask in the same circumstance. If someone who had more knowledge of the situation said "only Yo has it", I would certainly dig deeper. Of all the questions and conversations that erupt from the mouths of these chicks, this seems the most realistic to me.

• Love 16

Didn't Yolanda file for divorce?

Yes, it is a tour de force for Yolanda to make David appear to be the good one,yet she managed it!

The guy is a pompous douchebag yet I strongly feel sorry for him.

At least with Linda, they had a common interest in music.

What on earth did he find in yoyo?

She was willing to worship the ground he walked on until the "invisible" illness took over her life. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 7

Look Dahlings, the ponies are near the pool!

Thank you LVP for the perfect line to use when our board has opposing opinions and it's time to congenially disagree  about something else.

You can lead a pony to the pool, but you can't make him drink.

• Love 7

Season 4, when they ran the trailer, there was a scene in Puerto Rico, where Yolanda and the town drunk Brandi, were walking along and Yolanda said something about LVP "blackmailing" the Umanskys.  During the season, LVP and Kyle had pretty much made up and neither Brandi or Yolanda were too thrilled. When it came time to view the Puerto Rico scenes, the "blackmail" comment was removed.  Also there were photos of the ladies at the airport in Puerto Rico and on lookers had photos of LVP and Yolanda in a heated exchanged.

Missing from the trailer was also the heart to heart to heart Brandi and LVP had at the finale with Brandi saying, "checkmate, bitch," to LVP. 

I bring up the blackmail comment because I believe that is what Yolanda had in "the vault". 

Wire, if you are out there I am relying on your memory of the forgotten trailer scenes.

• Love 8

The person who annoyed me the most this episode was Eileen. If somebody was a guest at my house and keep yammering on and on about some imagined slight that happened several weeks ago that was supposedly resolved -- I'd ask them to leave. DROP IT!!!  If Eileen is so astute, then maybe she could have figured out on her own (in private) that she and Lisa V just don't click and leave it at that. I also don't understand what Eileen wants. Lisa apologized, and as insincere as it might have appeared, sorry, but from that bird, that's about the best you're gonna get.

A close second ... Now Kathryn not only seems stupid and shallow, but mean and untrustworthy as well. I'm sure that Erika will find some way to pay her back for her disloyalty. I think that she should throw a book-signing party for Faye. Maybe Faye's publisher will issue a hasty reprint for that book, now that the OJ trial is back in the spotlight with the FX mini-series. That, and having the book make #1 on the NYT best-seller list. (Even if Mr. Erika Jayne has to buy 1,000,000 copies himself.) Now, THAT would be karma.

I love watching and listening to Kyle and Yolanda have nonsensical circular arguments. It's hard to tell which one is the most illogical and stupid.

It's kind of sad when the highlight of the show is when you're rooting for Lisa Rinna to not put her feet in her mouth.

• Love 10

Season 4, when they ran the trailer, there was a scene in Puerto Rico, where Yolanda and the town drunk Brandi, were walking along and Yolanda said something about LVP "blackmailing" the Umanskys.  During the season, LVP and Kyle had pretty much made up and neither Brandi or Yolanda were too thrilled. When it came time to view the Puerto Rico scenes, the "blackmail" comment was removed.  Also there were photos of the ladies at the airport in Puerto Rico and on lookers had photos of LVP and Yolanda in a heated exchanged.

Missing from the trailer was also the heart to heart to heart Brandi and LVP had at the finale with Brandi saying, "checkmate, bitch," to LVP. 

I bring up the blackmail comment because I believe that is what Yolanda had in "the vault". 

Wire, if you are out there I am relying on your memory of the forgotten trailer scenes.

I do remember the season previews and the scenes you listed but, like you said, they never included any of them in an episode. I suspect that the Yolanda "vault" had something in it on Kyle, not LisaV, and they were trying to use it to keep Lisa/Kyle from making up. I also think they tried to blame LisaV for giving them whatever that info was but I suspect it really came from Kim and that Kyle knew or suspected that. Something pushed Kim over the edge in PR AFTER Lisa/Ken left and it may have been that Kyle confronted her about giving that ammo to Brandi and therefore to Yolanda so they could use it against her/Lisa for nefarious reasons. As for the finale, I think Brandi still thought they could turn Kyle against LisaV but they didn't count on not just Lisa/Kyle making up but also Ken/Mauricio making up.

ETA. Here is THAT promo.....

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

So, I'm watching the episode with the Lyme disease talk at the Kathryn vs. Faye BBQ, and this is exactly what is said:

Kyle: What's going on with Bella and Anwar's Lyme disease? (To no one in particular)

Lisa: I never heard that, sooo (Lisa puts her hands out and is looking down at table and shaking her head when she says this, as though she didn't believe the story)

LisaR: What do you mean you never heard that? (LisaR looks around, stunned)

Lisa: I don't knoooow. If she says it's true then... (Her tone comes off as though she doesn't believe it)

Kyle: What does Mohammed say?

LisaV: Well, No! (She flies her hands out from her face, as though she talked to Mohammed and he protested, saying, NO!)

Kyle: Mohammed said no? (she is incredulous with huge wide eyes)

Lisa: Well, he just said, "No!" and that she is the only one that has it, but I don't want to come between a husband..."

Kyle: That's not her husband anymore

Lisa: Well, he is one of my best friends.

SOOOO. There is nothing there that suggests they are concerned about the kids and Lisa was just saying they were healthy. She told the story as though she asked Mohammed and he said that kids did not have Lyme. Now she and Kyle are trying to make it seem like they were just asking about the kids in general because of stuff they said later when Kyle kept pressing and LisaV backpeddled. 

In any case, this is where Erika is getting the LisaV is manipulative. She definitely doesn't believe the kids have Lyme. 

• Love 4

So, I'm watching the episode with the Lyme disease talk at the Kathryn vs. Faye BBQ, and this is exactly what is said:

Kyle: What's going on with Bella and Anwar's Lyme disease? (To no one in particular)

Lisa: I never heard that, sooo (Lisa puts her hands out and is looking down at table and shaking her head when she says this, as though she didn't believe the story)

LisaR: What do you mean you never heard that? (LisaR looks around, stunned)

Lisa: I don't knoooow. If she says it's true then... (Her tone comes off as though she doesn't believe it)

Kyle: What does Mohammed say?

LisaV: Well, No! (She flies her hands out from her face, as though she talked to Mohammed and he protested, saying, NO!)

Kyle: Mohammed said no? (she is incredulous with huge wide eyes)

Lisa: Well, he just said, "No!" and that she is the only one that has it, but I don't want to come between a husband..."

Kyle: That's not her husband anymore

Lisa: Well, he is one of my best friends.

SOOOO. There is nothing there that suggests they are concerned about the kids and Lisa was just saying they were healthy. She told the story as though she asked Mohammed and he said that kids did not have Lyme. Now she and Kyle are trying to make it seem like they were just asking about the kids in general because of stuff they said later when Kyle kept pressing and LisaV backpeddled. 

In any case, this is where Erika is getting the LisaV is manipulative. She definitely doesn't believe the kids have Lyme. 

Wouldn't the fact that Lisa asked Mohamed about his kids say that she is concerned about them? And I believe that LisaR actually said "That's what I heard" when LisaV said "No" to Kyle's question.

• Love 14

Yolanda only has her illnesses/cures and conflicting actions for her storyline. It has given the HW plenty of fodder and intrigue. The producers have relied heavily on this issue to drum up the negativity between the ladies this season and now the town drunk, Brandi, will be showing up to come to Yolanda's side. Personally I've had enough of this story arc. It's insulting to the viewers.

• Love 12

I personally think that Lisa has a life that she enjoys and enjoys showing to the audience, but everyone on the show keeps trying to make her enjoyment of her life a weapon against her. And it seems like she is just tired of it to me. I totally get that. If I had her life, I would totally be like "look at the ponies" instead of engaging in some bs conversation that she already apologized for multiple times and thought was water under the bridge.

I also think that most of the women are very jealous that Lisa has another very successful show on Bravo. They all want that desperately. None of them have been able to achieve that. I'm sure they think Andy Cohen "favors" Lisa. Let's face it, they're all famewhores or they wouldn't be on the show. Only LVP has been able to parlay her restaurant business and reality TV together into one great big success for herself! You go, LVP, and all your ponies, swans, doggies and what ever other menagerie you have going on over there at Villa Vanderpump.

• Love 20

Yolana no more has lyme then I do. Her husband left her, she had to sell her house, her kids grew up , and she had leaky implants and probably menopause. She just wants to act like a victim so everyone will coo all over her and tell her how brave she is. UGH. 

Then she compounds it by saying her kids have it, it's fatal (lie), etc., etc,

Then she puts even more fuel on the fire by jetting all over the dang place while claiming she's in bed. She's a LIAR.....

This chick needs mental help and fast. I don't blame David Foster AT ALL. RUN from the crazy. Run.....

You said everything I was thinking so thank you for saving me the typing. I think she's suffering from depression and menopause, but all of these cures she's been using has only made it worse. Funny how she's deathly ill one minute, but able to sit in a restaurant and dish it out with glee when needed.

• Love 14

Again just my opinion, I believe that Yolanda has Lymes disease, but I think there is more to the overall situation than is being told.

It seems to me that literally EVERYONE BESIDES ERIKA thinks this exact same thing about Yolanda. Which is why everyone was happy when she got her implants taken out and seemed like she was in better spirits.  You know, before she remembered da lymes was what would be keeping her down.

• Love 13

Well if that's the case, I'm not gonna care what I say about them. I try to be somewhat nice about them when I post but if they're just playing fictional characters, forget that!

I put them in the same category as pro wrestlers although pro wrestlers may have more say in the characters they portray. So snark on!

I think if Kyle or LisaV is your "bitch eating crackers" then sure bringing up the non-gigis could seem nefarious and mean. If they are not then it seems like normal concern for children you may know.

I never watched Aviva so I kind of like Kathryn. I think she went to Erika with good intentions and found out the shit was deep there and spilled her guts to LisaV so she would not get taken in by Erika. I thought LisaV and Erika would get on well because LisaV appreciates a raunchy gal and Erika certainly is that. I don't mind that Kathryn did the runtelldat because we saw Erika do it first. Turnabout is fair.

• Love 13

At least they gave. I'm sure they get hit up all the time for donations for every cause under the sun. I know someone quite well off. They have one major charity that they really donate to both in time and dollars but will also give smaller token amounts to a few other charities. They get all kinds of requests but realize that they can't help every cause.

As I said in a different post, I like to think that rich people make all kinds of donations we never hear about.  Maybe Kyle just needs a better publicist because the donation we DID hear about was a whopping $5,000, or approximately the cost of her purse.  And since she and Mauricio were the organizers of this shindig, it appears this isn't one of those charities they give token amounts to.

Maybe I'm biased because I don't like charity fundraiser where the donors do things they enjoy.  I can just picture people in a refugee camp in Africa watching a bunch of Americans pedaling like mad on bicycles, going nowhere, and being told they're raising money for charity.  At least with a gala, they'd see them getting fed and might think, "Okay, I get it."

• Love 4

As I said in a different post, I like to think that rich people make all kinds of donations we never hear about.  Maybe Kyle just needs a better publicist because the donation we DID hear about was a whopping $5,000, or approximately the cost of her purse.  And since she and Mauricio were the organizers of this shindig, it appears this isn't one of those charities they give token amounts to.

Maybe I'm biased because I don't like charity fundraiser where the donors do things they enjoy.  I can just picture people in a refugee camp in Africa watching a bunch of Americans pedaling like mad on bicycles, going nowhere, and being told they're raising money for charity.  At least with a gala, they'd see them getting fed and might think, "Okay, I get it."

I may be wrong, but didn't Mo say the amount raised from the event was $5000, and then added that he and Kyle would donate $5000?  To me it sounded like Mo and Kyle may have offered to match the amount raised.  Maybe I'm giving them too much credit. 

Agreed about how they can spend thousands on handbags without batting a false eyelash, but their charity events, that several expensive (hand)bags attend, don't seem to raise a proportionate amount of money.

• Love 3

Kathryn always looks so dopey. Mouth open, eyes bugged out. She's like Mr. Furley.

She said she's deaf in one ear, and I wonder if her dopey look is because she's having to concentrate extra hard to understand people.  I have noticed that she tends to look directly at people speaking, like across a table, more than the others do.

You'd think someone in her position would flourish on a show where people love to scream like these women do, but it doesn't really help, especially when everyone is screaming at the same time.

Then again, Kathryn may just be a dope.  It happens. 

• Love 4

I may be wrong, but didn't Mo say the amount raised from the event was $5000, and then added that he and Kyle would donate $5000?  To me it sounded like Mo and Kyle may have offered to match the amount raised.  Maybe I'm giving them too much credit. 

Agreed about how they can spend thousands on handbags without batting a false eyelash, but their charity events, that several expensive (hand)bags attend, don't seem to raise a proportionate amount of money.

They are trying to look aspirational while still being relatable to the viewers, imho.
  • Love 2

The amount the Umanskys donated for that mornings event was $5,000.00.  To participate each person paid $250.00 and may or may not have contributed more.  The Agency, its employees and directors donate far more to this particular charity including actually helping build homes in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity.  For those familiar with Madison Hildebrand he is also huge in the charity-and regularly helps with projects.  Give back Homes, enlists real estate agency and agents to give $50.00 a month for publicity and donate a portion of their commissions to the cause.  So for this particular event they raised at least $10,000.00.   it was more than writing a check, it was taking time away from work to attend the event. 

This event was just one of many sponsored by The Agency and Mauricio personally to raise money for the cause.  Surest way to turn off donors, the word is donors, and volunteers is tell them their donation is insignificant or could have been bigger because they have so much.  This was only one event, there are a half dozen or so on The Agency's site.   

• Love 20

While I see the correlation, comparing the two really does a disservice to the people who did lose their lives in Benghazi due to the ineptitude of the AMERICAN government, politics be damned?

No. I was using satire to exaggerate a point and meant no disrespect to those who lost their lives. As for politics: the ponies are by the pool.

• Love 11