Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: The Bitch Is Back

• Start Topic

I am really curious how this will turn out. AFAIK he hasn't gone to court; not sure if he's skipping or keeps getting it delayed, but if it's the former and he gets picked up on a bench warrant he could be really fucked. Jax can afford a good lawyer and get the felony knocked down to a misdemeanor if he handles the situation like a grown-up. If he skips out...not so much. Especially since he does already have a record.

He's so bizarre. He's got a couple of DUIs, a driving with a suspended license conviction, and a previous retail theft arrest. Given all of that why would you shoplift sunglasses, when you have the means to pay for them? He does seem to get a thrill of stealing from Lisa right under her nose. Maybe he stole the sunglasses because he hadn't been sufficiently thrilled by the trip.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

James and Lala and Jax are so messy, I can't even with their fake-ass antics. So Lala decided after their "whiskey dick" incident that she just wanted to be "friends" with James. And this all took place before Hawaii. Ok cool. But they why the hello is she practically dry-humping him on the plane ride over, and making out with him every which way?  Oh, wait, I know. SAME reason she went skinny dipping in Lisa's pool, made out hardcore with ladies at Scheanna's pajama party, and took her top off at the waterfall? Famewhoreitis

I read an interview with Jax (ok I know not the most reliable source) where he said that Lala had a steady boyfriend that night she offered to f-ck him at Lock and Key. So presumably she had a boyfriend when she was flirting and making out with James all those times too.  So she's either a) the WORST girlfriend ever or b) just completely playing a "character" for this show.  Of course, it could be secret option C: both a & b are correct.

rustyspigot, on 25 Jan 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:rustyspigot, on 25 Jan 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

We have to get back so we can see Third Eye Blind!!! Hurry get in the Delorean so we can go back to the late 90s.

Why was Lala drinking the watermelon drink with a ladle while everyone else had glasses? And when your hoop earrings get closer to the size of an actual basketball hoop maybe its time to take a step back.

I laughed so hard at this!  Who are they seeing next weekend?  Smashmouth?

ivygirl, on 25 Jan 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:ivygirl, on 25 Jan 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

I know the "b" in the title of this episode is supposed to refer to Stassi, but really? It seemed to refer to Scheana. Seriously, the way she spoke to Tom ("My problems aren't your business, but YOURS are MINE"... OK not a direct quote, a bit of a paraphrase); the revelation that she passed Stassi's video around for kicks; the minimal responsibility she CONTINUES to take for the Eddie debacle... wow. And of course, that's not to mention the way she treats and speaks to her own husband.

I'd be more upset if I didn't recognize that at some point, she'll have a reckoning of some kind.

Yes she was definitely being the worst in this episode. Did you catch that side-eye that Tom gave the camera when - after their little pow-ow - she was all: heeehee we're like brother and sister who annoy each other.  Bitch, please.

QuoteQuoteI don't know what to think about Brittany yet either. On one hand she seems so innocent and in love with Jax and all unicorns and hearts and rainbows and shit but on the other hand I'm waiting for her inner Carrie Underwood clad in leather wit a baseball bat to come out when he cheats (or when the camera shows him cheating while he vehemently denies it)

Oh, yea, and I would be cheering her fro the sidelines. And if there is a god in heaven, there will be a camera there to capture it.

The Mighty Peanut, on 26 Jan 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:The Mighty Peanut, on 26 Jan 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

I can't believe the every-other-shot addiction treatment program was not a total success. 

Right?? I mean it is such a solid, well-thought-out plan!  I can't believe that AA hasn't made it their 13th step by now.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 12

I mean it is such a solid, well-thought-out plan! I can't believe that AA hasn't made it their 13th step by now.

"Dear Scheana, help me accept the watermelon bowls I can drink, the Fireball handles I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference."

ETA:

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out just why I think Stassi looks so stinko.  I kinda like her hair color.  Her boobs & her body look good.  Her face looks OK.  So what up?  On WWHL, she was asked if she's wearing extensions & she looked wide-eyed & sighed ''Oh yeah!"  I think maybe that's it.  She's gone too overboard with the hair extensions.  They make her look like Cousin It from the Addams Family.  Scale 'em back, Stass, immediately!

I thought she looked great on WWHL but she looked off on the show itself, especially in that scene in Kristen's apartment. The white clothes and the bleached hair washed her out. IMO :)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 13

Why does Stassi look so terrible? Contouring? Lighting? Foundation color? Weight gain? She's a gorgeous woman, not sure what happened.

Also, I like Katie but it's obvious her issues with Lala have to do with how hot she looks in a bikini. The flash backs showing Katie is prior years aren't doing her any favors (orange hair aside).

Her face looks much more filled out than it did before.  I'd guess weight gain, but when she walked into the bar she didn't really look any heavier. Fillers, I guess? 

Scheana was ridiculous in this episode. I used to sort of tolerate her but now... Can't stand her! She's such a hypocrite. Somehow Tom and Ariana's relationship is her business but her marriage is nobody else's business. Ok then. Plus I think she has it wrong anyway, as others pointed out. Ariana has always been the smug one and is rubbing off on Tom. The way she treats Shay is abhorrent. He needs to not be drunk so she can talk to him about something that isn't her business not that important in the first place. How about helping him not get drunk in the first place? They are running with the wrong crowd if they're trying to get Shay sober. I don't think ordering 2 huge watermelons full of liquor is in the 12 steps. Next season's storyline will be them getting divorced because of Shay's drinking so much that Scheana can't talk to him.

I don't think Scheana wants Shay sober. She wants him buzzed enough so he doesn't ruin her good time. That poor dude looks miserable 24/7. 

Also, I loved Tom pointing out what a hypocrite she is - "everything you're saying about me is exactly how you treat Shay!" And it's so true. I thought it was hilarious how she tried to end it by saying they have a brother-sister thing going on. And Tom was all, "Yeaaaaa....no". 

I LOVED the look Tom gave the cameras when they walked away. Classic. 

• Love 4

Jax didn't walk out of the store with sunglasses without paying because he got really drunk, Jax walked out because he has Borderline Personality Disorder. ...He's intensely self-destructive.

YES - this is it.  He is extremely self-destructive.  If you watch the tape of the shoplifting, you will see that he appears fully-functional.  He doesn't appear to be falling down or confused.  He knew exactly what he was doing.

That's what I thought after I typed that--I didn't notice if they had bags (lots of hotels will hang on to them for you if you have to check out and wait around for a flight). If it were me though, I'd probably just pay for the room for another day; I'm not always the best budgeter, and sometimes tend to "throw money at the problem," especially when the "problem" is my comfort!

They were definitely getting ready for check out, and had a flight at night. 

You would pay for a whole extra night at a hotel???  Those hotels cost around $800/night.  I would actually bet production paid for the rooms, and they were probably NOT going to pay for another night so the idiots could lounge around and pack at their leisure.

• Love 2

Not that I'd be in an $800-per-night hotel in the first place (and the production point is kind of moot, as I'm not on a TV show) but, yes, I would definitely just eat the cost if there were several hours between checkout and my flight. I make a good salary and I don't take vacations very often, so I wouldn't find it to be a big deal. I'm also the type who arranges a car to and from the airport instead of being bothered with long-term parking or enlisting friends to drive me, and I don't really care one way or the other about luggage fees; basically, regarding travel and everyday-life stuff, I will pay for services that I either don't want to do myself or that make things simpler and faster for me.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
I don't think Scheana wants Shay sober. She wants him buzzed enough so he doesn't ruin her good time. That poor dude looks miserable 24/7.

Exactly. She wants to control him perfectly, just like every other aspect of her life. He needs to be slightly buzzed and social, but not slobbering drunk and in need of a babysitter. Clearly she has no idea how addiction works. There is no grey zone. She should be a supportive girlfriend and have some virgin cocktails with her husband. 

• Love 4

YES - this is it.  He is extremely self-destructive.  If you watch the tape of the shoplifting, you will see that he appears fully-functional.  He doesn't appear to be falling down or confused.  He knew exactly what he was doing.

They were definitely getting ready for check out, and had a flight at night. 

You would pay for a whole extra night at a hotel???  Those hotels cost around $800/night.  I would actually bet production paid for the rooms, and they were probably NOT going to pay for another night so the idiots could lounge around and pack at their leisure.

Production may have had another plan for them for the time between check-out and their flight, but those plans got scrapped when Jax landed himself in jail.  I'm surprised they couldn't at least get a late check-out, for maybe 3:00 or 4:00 pm, unless the hotel was completely booked.  

They stayed at The Modern, correct?  Nice hotel - too nice for these low-rent characters!!  

• Love 5

Stassi's new Breck Girl look is not good. And the video story at the reunion was Schaena saw it first and when Lisa found out, Lisa bailed Stassi out by paying the dude off. If Stassi's Return is based on Schaena & Katie & a video we never heard about during the airing of the show I'm already bored.

I think my favorite part of the Jax shoplifting video is after he takes the sunglasses he doesn't even bother to try them on - he just walks over to the closest mirror and pets his pretty, pretty hair! Another thing - I have managed to develop a decent self-preservation tactic over the years: I stay away from people who begin almost every answer with "I'm not going to lie to you". Translation: Everything that comes out of my mouth is so deceptive and twisted my personality forces me to believe it in order to attempt to live with myself. At least Jax got Schaena's (and Kristin's and Kyle's and basically everyone else on Bravo's) Crying Without Tears technique down pat.

Ariana figured out a way to look good - stand next to Schaena whenever Schaena speaks. Girl is nasty, mean, self-involved and her baby-voiced vocal fry must stop. And Schaena, you can't spell redemption - much less earn it.

Kristin's happiness at Stassi's 'fallen' status was palpable. But at least she doesn't believe in cheating! Or cheaters! And the fact the VPR girls are so well-versed in botox is disturbing. Hasn't anyone told them how much it ages them? They all look like caricatures of 45 year old divorcees.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 2

Exactly.  In other words, she wants him not to be an addict.  And in her delusional, narcissistic pea-brain, that means he should do exactly what she wants. Addiction demons be damned!

And he really does look unhappy, both sober and drunk.  I wonder if he's regretting the situation he's gotten himself into with her. 

Kristin's happiness at Stassi's 'fallen' status was palpable. But at least she doesn't believe in cheating! Or cheaters! And the fact the VPR girls are so well-versed in botox is disturbing. Hasn't anyone told them how much it ages them? They all look like caricatures of 45 year old divorcees.

I know. I'm like, is it really necessary for these early 30-somethings to be getting botox on the regular? I mean, Kristen still looks ever bit her 32 years.  I don't think a few stabs of poison every 6 to 8 weeks can really do all that much to counteract the aging effect that heavy drinking and smoking have on her face. . 

• Love 5

You guys, I missed Stassi more than I thought. I love how she was all to Kristen re this new guy, "he can't pick up a phone and call an Uber for himself?" her WTF face was AMAZING. I really missed her.

Also, all the guys on this show are so whiny. Tom crying about Schena, James crying about Lala. Ugh.

• Love 10

As for Lala, she is a tease, but that's what she's being paid to be. A semi kudos to the rest of the cast for going along with the farce that she was actually hired by Lisa rather than being placed at Sur for the show by production, just like Vail was.

She really does work there as a hostess -- I think even when they are not filming.  I know someone that went in October, which I think is after filing wrapped, and she's the one that called him to confirm his reservation.  When he got there, his reservation had been lost, so she's a shitty hostess, but still a hostess.  She was probably hired more for her on camera skills than her hostessing skills.

• Love 5

Did Stassi say anything interesting on WWHL? I didn't get a chance to watch it last night.

Loved Schwartz's comment to Lala about feeling weird because she was covered up and he wasn't used to it. She looked pissed/embarassed, but it's so true. I can't decide how I feel about her -- I like how she comes across in some scenes (like when she was talking to Brittany last week), but she seems so try-hard in other scenes.  

• Love 2

Jax didn't walk out of the store with sunglasses without paying because he got really drunk, Jax walked out because he has Borderline Personality Disorder. As he explained to Brittany, "I got really drunk, went into a store, picked up the sunglasses and said I'm taking these, and walked out".  Jax seemed genuine when he said that he was embarrassed and that's not who he is.  I'm sure that part was sincere because Jax really can't control impulses the way that normal people can.

Impulse control is only one of the many manifestations of BPD. Jax has always demonstrated that he lacks the ability to regulate his emotions. Some of Jax's impulsive behaviors such as alcohol or drug use, and risky sex functions are his coping mechanisms. These behaviors of his are ways in which he tries to cope with his intense and difficult emotions. His behaviors are dysfunctional because while his behavior may make him feel relieved and better in the moment, it ultimately has harmful long-term consequences and not only to him, but to everyone in his life. He's intensely self-destructive.

Nail on the head--I was shouting at the TV "You're a freaking sociopath!!!" when he was crying his crocodile tears and insisting "he's not like that." But I would also believe BPD due to lack of impulse control. I remember watching the security footage of him taking the glasses a couple months ago, and at no point did it look like he announced "I'm going to take these" and walk out, as he claimed this episode. He also didn't look particularly inebriated, but who can really tell on that front.

Whatever his true diagnosis, the dude is clearly mentally unfit and needs a lot of help. I would hope there is SOME genuine remorse there for his actions, because him being a full blown sociopath is extra creepy, but it's often hard to tell.

Edited by Zizzlezazzle
  • Love 3

QUOTE: I wouldn't really care if it were JUST Ariana she had been talking about. Her mother DID ask, and Ariana is a smug, holier than thou bitch. However, all those things she said about Tom? I just find them so untrue, and unnecessary. I'm not sure what Scheana's problem is, but Tom has been nothing but helpful and supportive to her and Shay, and that was just low. END QUOTE

Didn't Ariana say that Sheana lied and she's the one who approached Ariana's mother? She said she had a screen grab of the text Sheana sent. She is really intolerable this season and I think when Shay's parents see the show they are going to be mad about how she is handling his problems and encouraging him to drink even though he has been allegedly been facing some serious issues.

What's up with the no Katie Schwartz sex? 

• Love 2

Stassi didn't say anything worthwhile on WWHL but she was pretty funny. They showed a clip of Jax from a few weeks ago where he talked about the sunglasses incident and how he was so sorry and Stassi said, "I felt like I was watching making a murderer just now". 

• Love 7

Also, what was with the timeline on the day they checked out of the hotel? They're all rushing to pack while hung over, but are then loitering outside without Jax, who is inside getting in trouble? It's broad daylight then but it appears that their return flight was at night? When did he take these glasses anyway, and why was he not apprehended at the time?

All I want is that watermelon concoction. I'd be able to have only about three sips but I want it nonetheless.

Others have pretty much covered it already but a good amount of the flights out of Honolulu are at night. Most hotels there are pretty set on noon checkout because the next batch of guests come in during the afternoons. So the majority of people on those evening flights have been hanging out on the beach or wherever all day, until they can check in for their flight at night. I work a lot of those flights and everyone is generally pretty cranky, dehydrated and over it by that point. Heard they flew the airline I work for, not upset at all that I missed them!

• Love 10

I love Katie. I think she's gorgeous, but I have to say that I think her animosity towards Lala has to do with the fact that Lala has a gorgeous bod and looks awesome in a bikini and Katie has put on a few pounds over the years.

• Love 10

Others have pretty much covered it already but a good amount of the flights out of Honolulu are at night. Most hotels there are pretty set on noon checkout because the next batch of guests come in during the afternoons. So the majority of people on those evening flights have been hanging out on the beach or wherever all day, until they can check in for their flight at night. I work a lot of those flights and everyone is generally pretty cranky, dehydrated and over it by that point. Heard they flew the airline I work for, not upset at all that I missed them!

The moral of this story?

Do not leave your Jax unattended on the beach. Or at the hotel. Or at the airport. Or anywhere.

This has been your TSA warning.

• Love 12

Yes! And she was mad at him IIRC because she hadn't given him her express permission to drink at the time she wanted to talk to him. Be buzzed on her schedule, be sober on her schedule, be available on her schedule i.e. all of the time. 

• Love 5

She really does work there as a hostess -- I think even when they are not filming.  I know someone that went in October, which I think is after filing wrapped, and she's the one that called him to confirm his reservation.  When he got there, his reservation had been lost

Hahahahahaha. I'm sorry for your friend, but this made my day. I have a friend who was told by Kristina Kelly that there were no seats available. So she gestures towards the entire back patio, which was completely empty. KK goes "Oh, well if you want a patio seat." 

ETA: This person is the friend of another friend who hid from Jeff Lewis when he stopped by to check on the feral cat situation outside of an apartment complex he owned at the time. All roads lead back to Bravo.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6
The Mighty Peanut, on 26 Jan 2016 - 2:28 PM, said:

Hahahahahaha. I'm sorry for your friend, but this made my day. I have a friend who was told by Kristina Kelly that there were no seats available. So my friend gestures towards the entire back patio, which was completely empty. KK goes "Oh, well if you want a patio seat." 

Oh so she IS as dumb as she looks.  I figured this, but good to have confirmation. 

• Love 4

What's up with the no Katie Schwartz sex? 

I'm wondering why those 2 keep throwing it out at us.  I mean, that they never (or rarely) have sex & they didn't on this vacay & (at least according to Schwartz) have not since the engagement.  Neither of 'em seem to care much.  So why should we?

Loved Schwartz's comment to Lala about feeling weird because she was covered up and he wasn't used to it. She looked pissed/embarrassed, but it's so true. I can't decide how I feel about her -- I like how she comes across in some scenes (like when she was talking to Brittany last week), but she seems so try-hard in other scenes.  

Yeah, Lala is ALL talk & NO action.  Her shtick is starting to bug me -- but only a bit.  Mostly, I'm indifferent to her.  She could be gone next ep & I wouldn't miss her one bit.  Her shtick is reminding me of the way Vail was flirty, but she remained sexless & seemingly celibate.  Same thing with Lala.  She tries to talk like a ho, but she hooks up with nobody.  I ain't buying your bullshit act, hun.  I don't think we got the whole story right on the failed sex with James either.

Seriously, what's the big deal in showing a single gal enjoying an active sex life?  Lord knows they've spotlighted Jax having sex with zillions of chicks indiscriminately since this show started.  Why do the producers seem to shy away from showing a woman in the same way -- well, except maybe being smarter & pickier & safer in who she has sex with?  Maybe Kristen can now fill this role on the show?  Kristen, please pick up the pace (for my entertainment) & quickly move on from Creased-Forehead Dude to your next hipster doofus.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
Loved Schwartz's comment to Lala about feeling weird because she was covered up and he wasn't used to it.

I thought that was hilarious!!!! But Katie didn't appear to find it all that funny. 

I'm wondering why those 2 keep throwing it out at us.  I mean, that they never (or rarely) have sex & they didn't on this vacay & (at least according to Schwartz) have not since the engagement.  Neither of 'em seem to care much.  So why should we?

On the contrary, it seems to me like Schwartz cares very much. It's Katie who doesn't appear interested. 

• Love 4

I thought that was hilarious!!!! But Katie didn't appear to find it all that funny. 

On the contrary, it seems to me like Schwartz cares very much. It's Katie who doesn't appear interested. 

Are we heading towards a "Schwartz cheats" storyline because he is sexless at home?

She really does work there as a hostess -- I think even when they are not filming.  I know someone that went in October, which I think is after filing wrapped, and she's the one that called him to confirm his reservation.  When he got there, his reservation had been lost, so she's a shitty hostess, but still a hostess.  She was probably hired more for her on camera skills than her hostessing skills.

Well, yeah, now that she's on the show she has to work there or people will know it's BS.  I still believe she was hired via production.  If she's that shitty a hostess, Lisa is just keeping her there for the show.

Yeah, Lala is ALL talk & NO action.  Her shtick is starting to bug me -- but only a bit.  Mostly, I'm indifferent to her.  She could be gone next ep & I wouldn't miss her one bit.  Her shtick is reminding me of the way Vail was flirty, but she remained sexless & seemingly celibate.  Same thing with Lala.  She tries to talk like a ho, but she hooks up with nobody.  I ain't buying your bullshit act, hun.  I don't think we got the whole story right on the failed sex with James either.

Seriously, what's the big deal in showing a single gal enjoying an active sex life?  Lord knows they've spotlighted Jax having sex with zillions of chicks indiscriminately since this show started.  Why do the producers seem to shy away from showing a woman in the same way -- well, except maybe being smarter & pickier & safer in who she has sex with?  Maybe Kristen can now fill this role on the show?  Kristen, please pick up the pace (for my entertainment) & quickly move on from Creased-Forehead Dude to your next hipster doofus.

lol this reminded me of Adam Lambert's song For Your Entertainment

Speaking of entertainment, as nasty as Stassi was at times, she was/is still more entertaining than Sheana to me

Still waiting for this season to pick up

• Love 1

Hey, thanks for the insider scoop! And, awwwww, you aren't just a little bit curious? I feel like my nosy-ass self would be full of a unique kind of immature glee!

Nope! After seeing the quick clips of gross James and Lala on the flight over, I have a feeling my love of the show would've been killed on the spot!!! Plus planes are dirty enough, I can't imagine the disinfecting process that would need to take place after James AND Jax left the aircraft. I can barely handle seeing those two through my tv screen.

ETA: Don't want to get too off topic but I thought I would share out of amusement. I am the biggest Bravo whore in my circle of friends and acquaintances. And I also do a lot of LA and OC flights. Sadly, my only Bravo airplane encounter was with Vicki from RHOOC. She walked on (in her gross fur coat that Brooks rented that was a hot button issue a few seasons ago) and I blurted out, "Hey Vicki!", like I knew her personally! I was expecting some "Vicki antics", but sadly she was pretty quiet. Lots of "tap, tap, tapping" and "WORKING!!!" on her laptop. She ended up in first class by pure coincidence. The man she was sitting next to in coach wanted to sit with his wife, who was also in coach. So he gave Vicki his seat, having zero clue who she was.. I told him he had just further fed the ego of a starving egomaniac!!

Edited by LoveMyVike
  • Love 9

NOT THAT I'M DEFENDING JAX but he does look drunk to me in the TMZ video. He looks like he's trying hard to appear alert and walk in a straight line, I've been there (don't judge me) except not in a Sunglass Hut stealing. So, I can see him either forgetting he has the glasses or drunk-deducing that it's ok to take sunglasses if the glare is really bad and he gives them back later. Which it isn't, of course.

• Love 2

I had a hunch someone would say this, but my impression is different.  I see Schwartz as commenting/observing on the lack of sex & in his usual way, making light of it.  But is he really so bothered by it?  I'm not seeing it.  My theory is they might be well-matched in their non-interest in sex.  At this point, Schwartz knows exactly what he's getting with Katie.  If their interest in sex was significantly mismatched, would this relationship have proceeded to the engagement?  Doesn't make sense to me, but who knows?  

So why is Schwartz commenting on the non-sex?  Maybe cuz he knows people around him know about it (and of course viewers too) & might think it's strange/weird, so he's making light of it before others do?

• Love 2

I picture some poetic justice:

Shay's mother, concerned, sends a text to Tom and asks if Shay's "in a good place."

Tom responds by unloading on what a self-centered woman Scheana is, and how she puts her need to get drunk in front of Shay's desire to stay sober, a yada yada yada.

Pop some corn and wait for Scheana to learn about it.

• Love 14
ghoulina, on 26 Jan 2016 - 4:45 PM, said:ghoulina, on 26 Jan 2016 - 4:45 PM, said:

I feel like Schwartz has probably been rebuffed so many times that he can't work up a passionate outcry about the lack of sex. It's like he's bothered, but also resigned to it.

There is a chance I'm remembering it wrong, but I swear that last year it was Katie complaining to their couples therapist that it was Schwartz was the one with the low sex drive... ?  So IDK what the real story is there. 

ETA: ahh found this recap from Season 3, episode 8: Mind the Jax

She says she’s had some insecurities because they don’t have sex and says she misses feeling desired. Tom says he’s aware of it and feels bad about it. He says he wants to be more intimate. He says he thinks as bad as all this is, it’s instrumental in moving their relationship forward. He says he’s feeling more desire toward her lately now that he’s got some stuff off his chest. Engler says they need a new narrative as two strong people who respect each other.

So maybe she's rebuffing him now as payback...  or their sexual clocks just aren't syncing up.  OR it's just a storyline...

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5

That ponytail he was sporting reminded me of Pebbles from The Flintstones. I wouldn't have sex with a guy sporting a baby Pebbles ponytail either.

I keep getting the sense Scheana is trying to fill the queen bee role left behind by Stassi but now that Stassi is back, it's apparent how much better she us at that role than Scheana. If I have to listen to that nasal vocal fry for another second I'm going to stab my ear drums. Shay must have incredibly low self esteem to put up with any of her shit.

That ponytail he was sporting reminded me of Pebbles from The Flintstones. I wouldn't have sex with a guy sporting a baby Pebbles ponytail either.

I keep getting the sense Scheana is trying to fill the queen bee role left behind by Stassi but now that Stassi is back, it's apparent how much better she us at that role than Scheana. If I have to listen to that nasal vocal fry for another second I'm going to stab my ear drums. Shay must have incredibly low self esteem to put up with any of her shit.

• Love 5

Jax didn't walk out of the store with sunglasses without paying because he got really drunk, Jax walked out because he has Borderline Personality Disorder. As he explained to Brittany, "I got really drunk, went into a store, picked up the sunglasses and said I'm taking these, and walked out". Jax seemed genuine when he said that he was embarrassed and that's not who he is. I'm sure that part was sincere because Jax really can't control impulses the way that normal people can.

Impulse control is only one of the many manifestations of BPD. Jax has always demonstrated that he lacks the ability to regulate his emotions. Some of Jax's impulsive behaviors such as alcohol or drug use, and risky sex functions are his coping mechanisms. These behaviors of his are ways in which he tries to cope with his intense and difficult emotions. His behaviors are dysfunctional because while his behavior may make him feel relieved and better in the moment, it ultimately has harmful long-term consequences and not only to him, but to everyone in his life. He's intensely self-destructive.

Spot on. 1000x agree with this. Borderline Personality Disorder is often overlooked in men or diagnosed as something else because their acting out can have more physical aggression than self injury, however, I have always viewed Jax as BPD. It is not just impulse control, he has difficulty with emotion regulation and he feels very dysregulated and out of control when he does not have at least one woman in his life telling him he is attractive and worthwhile.

He also majorly does not believe the rules apply to him. He has a deep insecurity combined with a great sense of arrogance that he can get away with anything or talk his way out of things and he is constantly pushing boundaries to get caught at things-- yet terrified that people will discover how worthless and unlovable he secretly feels he is. It is a complex disorder. The compulsive shoplifting is very typical. It is like his interface (his personality) with the world is broken. He is superficially charming, but I don't see straight sociopathy. He is a mess and his wounds are deep and BPD or any personality disorder is EXTREMELY difficult to treat outpatient, without a structured program. Jax needs a lot of treatment for impulse control, emotional regulation, managing effective interpersonal relationships, and restructuring some of his major cognitive distortions-- all of which affect his behaviors. It is so hard to find this specialized treatment when you are actually seeking it.

For me, it is hard to see Jax continue to self-sabotage. Many people do it on many levels. Yet his tend to escalate to involve the legal system. He is feeling happy in a stable relationship with a girl that doesn't want to start fights on vacation and before they can make it to the airport, he has to go and sabotage and thrill seek-- just to see if he could. Now he has to deal with everyone's disappointment in him and the shame. Feelings he doesn't handle well and cause him to act out.

• Love 10

Idk, just when I think Schwartzie is about THE most passive dude I've ever seen (well, maybe not THE most passive), he shows us he's not really.  I mean, there he was, kinda/sorta "complaining" about not having sex with the woman he just got engaged to & has been living with for years & just gave a 7 thou ring to, and I'm thinking, sheesh, what a schmuck.  Sure, he's a nice guy, but what a passive schmuck.  And yet, while all the other chucklefucks were clucking uselessly about & doing absolutely nothing useful to help their supposed friend Jaxie-poo when he really needed help, Schwartzie really came thru for Jax.

Whether Schwartz & Katie are or aren't having sex doesn't interest me much -- well, maybe only in terms of the state of their relationship.  Notice Scheana never mentions ANYTHING about sex with Shay?  Er, thanks for that, Scheana.  Anyhoo, I like Schwartz & Katie -- mostly because, of all the chucklefucks, these 2 both make for very loyal & kind friends.  I haven't forgotten how asshole Stassi threw away Katie.  I hope she doesn't forgive her -- or at least not before making Stassi squirm but good.

• Love 6

Lala is like a cast member from a late season "Real World," when everyone knew what kind of "character" you had to be to get cast and it was a race to see who could be the first person to make out in the hot tub with one eye trained on the camera, trying to create enough drama to lock up a spot on the "Real World/Road Rules Challenge."

In other words, Lala is Trishelle.

• Love 17

I know. I'm like, is it really necessary for these early 30-somethings to be getting botox on the regular? I mean, Kristen still looks ever bit her 32 years. I don't think a few stabs of poison every 6 to 8 weeks can really do all that much to counteract the aging effect that heavy drinking and smoking have on her face. .

Pretty much every professional, 30-something+ woman I know gets Botox. None look older than their years. If you get it in small amounts it is fantastic at allowing facial movement while preventing unintended "resting" expressions that cause wrinkles. Also, I have never heard of anyone getting Botox more frequently than every six months. Not six weeks. That is madness. Good Botox is not about trying to look decades younger. It just helps maintain what you have and prevent new aging. The VPR casts' hard partying lifestyles mean they probably need even more help than usual in that department. Edited by jkitty
  • Love 2
In other words, Lala is Trishelle.

She is Trishelle! But sadly, I don't think it fits in with this show. For some reason, anytime there's a plot that has Lala/James and by extension now Lisa's son and Faith, it doesn't fit in with the show to me. My narrative is the drama going on with the originals. Lala and James just have very generic problems and like you said, we have the Real World for that type of nonsense. I want to watch Kristen running around all clockwork orange on these people and flying in girls from other states to get the truth revealed! I also want Stassi showing up with wine bottles and just talking and making the whole cast celebrate her birthday for a whole entire week. And I somehow want this show to end with someone getting punched in the face, mostly Jax but sometimes Schena since she has not gotten injured yet this season. That is why I watch Vanderpump Rules. 

• Love 8

I feel like Schwartz has probably been rebuffed so many times that he can't work up a passionate outcry about the lack of sex. It's like he's bothered, but also resigned to it.

He's attractive and had the face and body of a man, but the affect of a 7 year old. I don't know how any adult woman could be attracted to him once they really got to know him.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 5

Forgot to mention ditto to everyone else on having to look at Jax in his underwear. Somebody asked if he stuffed something down there and I immediately thought the same thing. Everything seemed packed in there tight. Ew.

Tom's eyeroll to the camera after Scheana's dumb "we're like brother and sister" comment was classic. Bahahaha! And yeah Scheana and Shay really should be nicer to him, considering he tried to help them with Shay's addiction problem (unlike someone else *cough*) and showed them how to make a healthy omelette. He's only out for himself, eh? Ironically, even though he's had his share of fuckups (cheating on Kristen) he's one of the few cast members who I would say is not self serving or self centered like so many of them are. He seems like a good friend, helping Schwartz choose his ring, what to wear, and letting him have the limelight during his birthday dinner to propose and he looked proud of Schwartz when it happened. He's arrogant about his relationship with Ariana, but I wouldn't say he only looks out for himself or that he's selfish in any kind of way.

• Love 6
jkitty, on 26 Jan 2016 - 7:15 PM, said:

Pretty much every professional, 30-something+ woman I know gets Botox. None look older than their years. If you get it in small amounts it is fantastic at allowing facial movement while preventing unintended "resting" expressions that cause wrinkles. Also, I have never heard of anyone getting Botox more frequently than every six months. Not six weeks. That is madness. Good Botox is not about trying to look decades younger. It just helps maintain what you have and prevent new aging. The VPR casts' hard partying lifestyles mean they probably need even more help than usual in that department.

Wow really? Do you live in LA or maybe New York? I lived in the DC area for 15 years and never knew anybody who got botox until they hit their 40s.  And even then it's just a small handful of people. Interesting though.

Yeah... 6 weeks, 6 months, I have no clue how often it's injected, as I've never gotten it. (not ruling it out once I hit 40 though!).  My point is that I don't think Botox can counteract the physical effects of a hard-living lifestyle, even if you're starting in your early 30s or late 20s or whatevs. If I were Kristen I'd cut out the cigs and the heavy booze to get her $$$ worth.

• Love 3

Here in the Midwest I don't know a single person who has gotten Botox, at any age. I live near a large city/metro area.

When Scheana was telling Lala that "these people" aka the cast, have made her cry and were mean to her when she was the new girl too I couldn't help but think, so now you're trying to be the most awful? I felt like Lala was thinking wtf too since Scheana has probably treated her the worst of all of them. So if Scheana knew what it was like to be the outcast why the hell would she jump at the chance to be a huge bitch to the next "new girl"? Scheana is one of the most self absorbed people I've ever seen..she just keeps showing it over and over. I think she's jealous that Lala is the "hot one" now; they all are.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4

I thought for sure that when Schwartz picked up the phone to call the bail bondsman, they were setting up a Dog the Bounty Hunter crossover special. Oh, well, I'm presuming Jax will just not show up in court (because traveling back to Hawaii isn't cheap) and then maybe Dog will be on the hunt. But I suppose as long as they can film it a la Teresa Gudice coming and going from court, Bravo will spring for it.

• Love 5

Can we talk about Max? That kid was STONED out of his gourd. And I don't mean a little weed smoking. I mean serious drugs. He was sitting there with his sunglasses on and his mouth 1/2 open. Muppet Baby was talking to him and there was NO response. Like he didn't even hear it. I've seen people on heroin and that's actually what they look like. Then when they left for dinner--no Max. Watch the dinner---you do not see Max anywhere, not even a glimpse. Looks like he was to wasted to get up and go to dinner. I fear Max is more then a little "naughty". He's had drug problems all his life and restaurant work is notorious for drugs and alcohol. 

• Love 6