Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: The Big Day

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Farrah's scenes really were the saddest thing I have seen on TV in a while.  All of those messages she is sending, as discussed above--teaching her daughter to be disrespectful, encouraging the behavior, demonstrating the behavior on a daily basis.... it was truly awful.  I felt so much for Farrah's mom, as she is no saint, but she didn't deserve to be embarrassed and harrassed on television.  I think the producer talking to her was expressly to show Deborah some support, knowing how hurtful all of this would be while happening and then again when it showed up on TV.  The list of things that Farrah did here were just so much I can't even express them all--trying to get Sophia to favor one grandparent, and dislike the other, teaching Sophia how to treat Farrah later on in life, not showing a bit of human compassion and teaching Sophia what that is.

No wonder Sophia sticks her tongue out at her grandmother..she is learning from the best, and the fact Farrah didn't care just proves that she is trying to get Sophia to dislike her grandmother and use that as a way to create distance.

• Love 16

So "Taylor's always had a dream to own a clothing line"? Yea, you and all the other Teen Mom participants. Way to be original, Taylor. And it looks like he didn't even design the t-shirts he's selling? He just bought them from someone else? Okay. Good luck with your leather pocket shirts, dude. 

So Amber can't get out of bed before 10, to feed her daughter - but she can get off the couch to go look at houses? Yea, I really see those two, with their matching Beatles shirts, becoming some industrious house flippers. NOT. Amber will pull one nail from the wall and call it a day. 

Farrah's scenes were really disturbing and probably should not have been included on a mostly "happy" episode, featuring Cate and Tyler's wedding. First they terrorized another hired driver, by fighting in the car. They can't even wait until they get to the "comfort" of their own home! Then Farrah proceeds to fight and cry in front of Sophia, even though she cited Deb's outbursts as the reason SHE can't watch Sophia. That girl is a whole ball of hypocrisy. I, honestly, think she just likes to play games with her parents and make sure they know that SHE is in control. She probably never had any intention of having Grandma watch Baby Goo (worst nickname ever). But then she proceeds to say she's leaving a million times, "I won't do this in front of Sophia" - then she keeps doing it.

I did feel, in the beginning, Deb was trying to stay composed. But Farrah almost seemed to be trying to force to say how she was feeling, thus ensuring the entire blow-up.Farrah should have had the entire conversation, about who is watching Sophia, AWAY from Sophia. How frightening to a child, to have these back-and-forth fights about her arrangements. I bet it would make her feel very interchangeable, like an object, not a person. And the entire thing is very unstable.  But Deb can be very very immature and passive aggressive. She also sometimes emits this quiet rage that scares me. When she got up from the table and started clearing, there was just something about her demeanor that sent chills down my spine. I get the impression she's a lot nastier, but contains it when the cameras are there. 

How I wish some fly on the wall would reveal all the Abraham family secrets, because I bet there is SO much more there below the surface. 

Anyhow, onto the wedding. I don't really want to snark anything, because I felt like, while not entirely my taste, it was a very lovely ceremony and everyone looked happy. Tyler comes off as a douche to me most of the time, but I have to say, maybe I've been a bit too hard on him. His vows were incredibly touching, as was the way he could barely contain his tears. I think he really and truly does love Catelynn, but he just needs to work on being more supportive and less selfish. In general. 

I LOVED Teresa coming in and giving Catelynn "the mom speech". I've no idea if April did anything similar and we just didn't see it, but it's interesting that Teresa has only been in their lives 6 years, but is so much more maternal to Cate. It was very sweet, as was the group dance with Carly. B&T really are good good people, and bless them for being so open and supportive in this whole adoption thing. 

Butch! I couldn't believe he went up to Carly, even though it had been established her parents didn't want that to happen. Sure, it was no biggie, Carly likely didn't even know who he was. But still....you just showed B&T that you don't respect them and can't be trusted, and that might damage further relations they have with your son. Very uncool.

I feel badly for him sometimes, because he's an addict. And that's such a hard life, such a struggle to try and overcome. Sometimes you can see the regret just oozing out of him. I REALLY hated when Tyler's sister shaded him during her wedding toast, because it literally had nothing to do with Tyler or his marriage. It was literally - "We had no dad growing up. My mom is awesome". Do what now? Very true, but....time? Place? I don't think so.

But he's sober now and he's got to take ownership for the things he's ruined in his life. The only way to make amends is to work hard to earn people's trust back, not just continue to do whatever you want. 

Also, what is up with Catelynn's dad? I want to know more about him. He seems so normal. Like, I can see a younger Kim with Butch. But when I look at Cate's dad and April, I'm like - huh? And where was he when Cate was growing up? Was going to live with him ever an option????

Okay, that wasn't really snark, but I did get a bit too negative. Overall, sweet ceremony. I actually teared up a few times. I'm happy for those kids, hope they can make it work. Tyler, treat Catelynn like that every day and you'll have my approval. 

Best moment? Nick tearing up over how pretty Catelynn looked. What a sweet, sweet boy. I hope that family doesn't break him. 

• Love 18
Best moment? Nick tearing up over how pretty Catelynn looked. What a sweet, sweet boy. I hope that family doesn't break him.

I think if Nick has made it this far okay, he has a pretty good shot...hopefully the worst of his family issues are behind him!  :-)

• Love 5
Seriously. When Tyler said something like "If I ran away, you'd NEVER be able to find me" it didn't even sound like a joke

Wait, when did he say that? I'll admit I had trouble staying awake through the whole thing, and kept having to rewind parts. But I didn't hear that. Do I need to amend my previous nice words about him????

. I will agree that the kiss was lame. Like it was meant to be a peck on the cheek, but they both missed and wound up kissing on the lips by accident.

I had to wonder if it was the lipstick. My husband would NOT want to kiss me if I had that much color on my lips. 

Debra: "Jerk"

Farrah: "Don't be saying that around Sofia"
Sofia: "Jesus Grandma!"
Debra: "Don't say that baby goo!"
Farrah: "Well stop causing it."
Sofia: "Don't say bad words to people."
All: "bickerbickersnakesbickerbickerstopitbickerbicker"
Driver's face: "Shoot me, please."

Someone needs to make a Mean Girls inspired meme - "How many hired drivers have felt personally violated by the Abraham family?"

Also, I'm from the lovely suburbs of NJ where a simple ranch house with not much of a yard in a good neighborhood is going to run in the $300Ks. Is this a thing? Can you buy houses for $18K?

My husband and I bought our house for $27,500. At that time it was an 880 sq ft, 3 bedroom house. It has some foundation issues and the bathroom/kitchen needs to be completely re-done. But it was liveable when we moved in. It wasn't some burned down wreck like Amber was looking at. But, the reason it's so cheap is - we live out in BFE Iowa. Town of 200 people. Farms all around us. Nearest decent sized city (Farrah actually went there last night, get out!!!) is 50 miles away. So if that's seriously their budget, around $20,000, they're going to get way away from the city or else they;re going to end up with something that's a complete nightmare. 

• Love 5

Farrah thinks it's so funny to mock grandma in front of Sophia now but just wait because ten years from now it's going to be her crying while her ungrateful bitch of a daughter treats her like shit.

Does Sophia go to school? We're like five episodes in this season and Farrah has dragged that kid all over America. She's been to Nebraska, Missouri, San Diego, Las Vegas and Seattle (I may be missing some place too.)

Anyway, Ryan can't even fake five minutes of enthusiasm while doing a wholesome activity with his son. That guy is like a walking Valium.

I was literally yelling at Butch to leave Carly alone at the wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if B and T don't show up at anymore family events because Cate and Tyler's people have no concept of boundaries.

I loved the Bud Light can in the background while Cate and Teresa were having their special moment. Stay classy Cate.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 8

Could Maci not be bothered to make a Target run for a dress that she could sit down in? I guess she was too busy becoming a mogul.

Amber and Matt are going to continue to blow through Amber's money. It's hard to watch the lack of ambition in these kids to do anything outside of what they consider "easy money." I wish there was some way MTV could've set up trusts for them, but that doesn't make for good tee eve.

It was really hard to watch Farrah eat with those lips.

• Love 9

Until I started reading these forums, I didn't really notice the way Tyler treats Catelynn.  Then all of a sudden it was like the glass crashing on How I Met Your Mother and it's all I can see.  Like during the wedding when Catelynn says, "I do....right?"  She needs him to confirm that she does, in fact, want to marry him? Then the other Teen Moms reinforced how ridiculously lucky Catelynn is to have locked down Tyler. 

• Love 7

Ugh why did Farrah have to come back? Her segments are just impossible to watch (yet, I still can't bring myself to FF through them. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess). I am going to come out and say that for a long time in the past, I was a total Farrah apologist. I felt for her for having to deal with Debra, mostly because I think Debra reminds me of my own mother. This episode kind of reminded me why I used to be so totally "Team Farrah". Now don't get me wrong, Farrah is heinous. She treats everyone so terribly, she is rude and nasty and the worst. But Debra bugged this episode. Big time. Her tantrum really was child like to me and again, it reminded me a lot of how my mom reacts to things especially if she thinks it's a slight against her as a person no matter how calmly I try to explain it. If I didn't know how awful Farrah was, I'd feel bad for her. But honestly, she brings it solely upon herself. When my mom and I start butting heads, we give each other a break. We don't talk for awhile and I certainly don't go over to her house for an awkward dinner. Once we both have had some time to calm down we apologize and move on (for a few months haha). But Farrah and Debra continue to be up each other's butts constantly. Farrah maybe because of the free babysitting (although, since she wouldn't even let Deb babysit, I don't know why she keeps interacting with her) and Debra because of Sophia and the money Farrah must be giving her.

I live in Michigan, not to far from the Indiana border, and the city I live in you can definitely find a house for 21k. I looked at a bunch of them while we were house hunting and they are pretty much just as gross as the one Amber and Matt looked at. There are just a lot of foreclosures in this particular city, making them pretty cheap. I can't for the life of me picture these two lazy, unemployed (Amber's response to what you do for work had me laughing out loud. The realtor's "that's nice" reaction to that was gold) slugs flipping houses. Where are they at with this in real time? Almost done I'm sure, right?

Maci and Taylor? Snore. Taylor and Bintley looked adorable at the wedding though but Maci....I mean she looked FINE for a backyard barbecue or something but I think she should have at least met the "fanciness" of her boyfriend and son.

I teared up at Cate and Ty's wedding. A lot. I am a softie. Although their little bench chat prewedding was cringeworthy for me. Cate saying she would track Tyler down and Tyler saying she would NEVER find him if he were to run away seemed like a strange conversation to have the day before your wedding. I started crying when Theresa came in to see Cate, that was such a "mom and daughter" moment and it really made me see why the adoption has not been closed yet. I really think that they have a real bond. And I also think it was sweet that they let Carly be involved with the special dance, that was nice.

Like others, little Nick really got me too. What a sweet, sensitive little soul. I've always worried about him. He always has struck me as very sensitive and emotional. I think he'll be alright.

I thought that the vows were pretty good and sincere too. I don't know if they are going to be in it for the long haul, I can see Tyler feels trapped and wishes he could have dated around a little bit more but I do think he genuinely loves her. Maybe as just a best friend, but I think there is definite love there.

Oh....and yeah wtf was up with Amber's speech? That was weird and I actually felt bad for Butch. I also cringed and actually said "NO!" out loud when Butch approached Carly. I actually got uncomfortable whenever anyone came up to talk to Carly at the wedding. I mean, I guess BrandonandTheresa had to have expected that would happen but it just seemed like Carly was being overwhelmed by people telling her how pretty she was and whatnot. It just made me feel really protective of her.

• Love 11

Also, what is up with Catelynn's dad? I want to know more about him. He seems so normal. Like, I can see a younger Kim with Butch. But when I look at Cate's dad and April, I'm like - huh? And where was he when Cate was growing up? Was going to live with him ever an option?

I wondered the same! I've never seen Catelynn's 16 & P so I wasn't sure if he had been on it all. Based on the way April looks and that she ended up with Butch, I'm gonna assume drugs came into play for her at some point but it was hard to imagine Cate's dad ever being part of a matched set with her.

Is it wrong that I was sad we didn't get to see Farrah whine about not being invited to the wedding? Anyone know the actual timing - would she have been in the UK when the wedding happened?

Answering my own question - looks like Farrah left for the UK same day as the wedding. So, she probably was invited but couldn't come. So, I guess no drama there.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 3

I've been hard on Tyler but he really did seem to care and love Cate... those were great vows.

Tylers mom looked better than Cate though, Cate's lipstick was horrendous. After the wedding when she was talking to Amber, Maci & Kail, she looked MUCH better without that makeup. No one could have told her to put on something softer and more natural?

Taylor wanting to have his own clothing line, and then just buying someone else's design and inventory was kinda funny...lol

Amber & Matt... man, why does Matt not work or even seem to look for work? Dude is sponging off Amber and he's gonna blow through the little money she has left. What do they know about houses? And offering 18k on a 31k house? Seems they are just throwing shit at the wall... A house is not worth what you can afford, it's worth what the market dictates.

Edited by EDTV
  • Love 5

I'd give Amber credit for wanting to invest her money, but omg, flipping houses? That's a risky endeavor period, let alone by two people who know absolutely nothing about carpentry, structural requirements, plumbing, electrical wiring, city codes- particularly in cases that they were looking at, where there is potential fire or water damage. Not to mention they have done no research on the housing market to know if flipping a property is even feasible in their area. One my clients specializes in real estate investments and their clients had a pretty good run, that field is drying up now, at least in our region.

Really, it's a hard time for investing right now, but there ARE options, and far more sound ones than buying distressed properties that no mortgage lender is going to touch, and no regular consumer could afford to pay cash for (I would imagine the average resident of Anderson, IN doesn't have $30K cash lying around). She's going to buy a shitty house, slap a coat of paint on it, and while she may get some "fan" traffic, I would imagine any house she purchased that only had cosmetic upgrades would fail any home inspection, thus making it impossible to sell.

• Love 7
Does Sophia go to school? We're like five episodes in this season and Farrah has dragged that kid all over America. She's been to Nebraska, Missouri, San Diego, Las Vegas and Seattle (I may be missing some place too.)

Given that the wedding was the end of August, it's possible all these trips took place during the summer. 

• Love 3

I'd give Amber credit for wanting to invest her money, but omg, flipping houses? That's a risky endeavor period, let alone by two people who know absolutely nothing about carpentry, structural requirements, plumbing, electrical wiring, city codes- particularly in cases that they were looking at, where there is potential fire or water damage. Not to mention they have done no research on the housing market to know if flipping a property is even feasible in their area. One my clients specializes in real estate investments and their clients had a pretty good run, that field is drying up now, at least in our region.

Really, it's a hard time for investing right now, but there ARE options, and far more sound ones than buying distressed properties that no mortgage lender is going to touch, and no regular consumer could afford to pay cash for (I would imagine the average resident of Anderson, IN doesn't have $30K cash lying around). She's going to buy a shitty house, slap a coat of paint on it, and while she may get some "fan" traffic, I would imagine any house she purchased that only had cosmetic upgrades would fail any home inspection, thus making it impossible to sell.

What, buying a house that needs major renvovations, when it's almost winter in Indiana, and right when oil prices are at a low, isn't a fantastic get rich quick scheme?

Maci, Amber, Kail, and their formal shorts show up to make this a full-on Teen Mom extravaganza.

http://previously.tv/teen-mom/tyler-and-catelynn-finally-get-married-instead-of-just-talking-about-it/"> Read the story

"There is SO MUCH CRYING, including from your normally jaded ("jayded"?) correspondent."

Lol!

• Love 7

Fan traffic can help you sell your shitty ghostwritten books, waist trainers, sauce and tshirts with leather pockets, but I don't think it's enough to sell a house!

In reality though, I do think it's tough for Amber to find a job, what with being a felon and all. (I also don't believe that she tried too hard to look but whatever) So maybe being self employed is a good start. The problem with that is her lack of motivation in general.

• Love 4

Given that the wedding was the end of August, it's possible all these trips took place during the summer. 

Farrah's show in the UK started on Aug 27 (live program)and she said this week that she was leaving on "the 22nd" so it was still summer holidays in Austin.  School started the week she left.

• Love 3

The wedding was nice.  Not going to snark on it.  I didn't have a problem with Butch telling Carly she looked beautiful.  He didn't tell her he was grandpa or anything.  I know he wasn't supposed to talk to her, but it's Butch and you have to have low expectations. 

Farrah is such an ass.  Why is Deborah back in Iowa?  I thought she was on the west coast?  She's worried about dying in obscurity?  Honey, most of us are worried about dying alone, not dying without the spotlight.  What drives me crazy about therapists is that they just go along with the client's interpretation of things and don't call their clients out on their bullshit.  Surely, Farrah's therapist has seen TeenMom and knows how distorted Farrah sees things.

A pox on Tyler for worrying about his daughter being too tall.  I'm 6' and didn't appreciate it. 

Amber and her nails are never going to flip a house.  The house they bought was a rental at best--there's an industrial complex right across the street.  CAN'T WAIT for next week when the news of Matt's seed spreading ways hits the fan. 

Maci is very boring.  Just what exactly is her full time job?

Edited by MerryMary
  • Love 10

Then the other Teen Moms reinforced how ridiculously lucky Catelynn is to have locked down Tyler.

That was so cringeworthy, for multiple reasons. 1) it just shows that all four of those girls (and thousands more across America that idolize Catelynn and Tyler as #relationshipgoals) have fucked up ideas about what a good relationship is. Like I said before, I do believe that Catelynn and Tyler have genuine love for each other. They've been through a lot of shit, and they've always been able to count on each other through it all. But they're missing that compatibility and respect that it takes to make it work. Reason 2) is that like 95% of Catelynn's identity is wrapped up in Tyler. Being Tyler's girlfriend. Being Mrs. Ball-terra (I don't care what they say. They're pronouncing their own last name wrong.) Having Tyler's kids. Being half of the Catelynn and Tyler power couple. Being adoption spokespeople with Tyler. Being on the show with Tyler. The list goes on. 3) I feel like every time anyone talks about how "lucky" Catelynn is, it's in reference to her weight and how she landed a guy who might be considered out of her league.

• Love 10

I was literally yelling at Butch to leave Carly alone at the wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if B and T don't show up at anymore family events because Cate and Tyler's people have no concept of boundaries.

I think them showing up at the wedding was a one time kind of thing, and other than that they stick to their annual visits. I know it's been hotly debated whether or not they should have gone, but I think that it would have come off as kind of cold if they hadn't, especially considering the more personal relationship Catelynn and Teresa have built over the years. So I get why they went, even though I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they dreaded it.

Slow clap for April being more appropriate than Butch. Way to go, girlfriend, you've come a long way. She was friendly but not too weird to Carly. Honestly, she's been more respectful of Brandon and Teresa than either of Tyler's parents have. Remember when C&T invited them to graduation and they said no, and Kim called them to complain?

• Love 10

Answering my own question - looks like Farrah left for the UK same day as the wedding. So, she probably was invited but couldn't come. So, I guess no drama there.

No, she wasn't invited. I'm not sure if it was on a past episode or one of the Aftershows, but Caitlyn specifically said they did not invite Farrah.

• Love 4

Last episode I think it was, the producer with them asked, "do you think Farrah's going to take it like a diss or something?" and Cate and Tyler were kind of like, "no, I don't think she expected to be invited" . There was no aftershow last night-unless it was online-because that would have been so awkward. The big topic would have been the wedding and since Amber and Maci were both there, it would have been the most awkward thing ever. 

I sort of laughed at Butch introducing himself to everyone and Bentley and talking about how he knows him from watching him on tv! FROM JAIL! I'm sure Maci loved that.  Also, Tyler's sister's speech, honestly had about nothing to do with the actual wedding, was more like a diss to Butch and I don't think Tyler's sister has ever liked Catelynn much. Also, is it just me or did we get a plethora of speeches about what a great guy Tyler is but hardly anything about Cate? His mom made a speech about him and said nice things about her but where was her maid of honor talking about her and how wonderful she is?

I love it when these Teen Moms decide to start dreaming big. Amber's flipping houses! And Maci and Taylor are getting a t-shirt company. A t-shirt company that will be seen now on every episode of this show. 

• Love 6

No, she wasn't invited. I'm not sure if it was on a past episode or one of the Aftershows, but Caitlyn specifically said they did not invite Farrah.

I think it was in an episode, Kiki came right out and asked them. I'm sure all of production cheered. It looks like Heather was stuck with Farrah. And then I'm sure all of the cameramen and sound guys had to draw straws or something to see who would be stuck with her.

• Love 4

I have to admit, the wedding was way nicer than I would ever have anticipated, although Caitlyn's makeup was dreadful. As another poster noted, why didn't someone tell her to change that lipstick? Maybe the photographer can do something to adjust that in the photos.

Butch is going to definitely end up back in jail because he's a selfish prick who doesn't think the rules apply to him. I think he was jealous that so many other people were able to say hello to Carly. But, he was told to stay away from the child and what did he do? That will be the end of her attending any more of their family gatherings, especially if he's going to be there. It's a perfect excuse for B&T to slow things down and take a few steps back. I know Teresa adores Cait, but surely once she sees these episodes she'll realize that they are doing more harm than good to Caitlyn, who is still too attached. 

WTF were Maci and Kailyn thinking with those outfits? Especially Maci. That girl is totally classless. Taylor takes the time to make sure that he and Bentley are appropriately dressed with their little bow ties and Maci wears something I wouldn't wear to go shopping at a mall. And she knew it because the silly cow said something when Taylor showed her the shirts and ties about how underdressed she would be by comparison. Doesn't the stupid bitch own a dress? Javi wore a suit, too, while Kailyn was totally casual. Amber looked better but could have made more of an effort

The mothers-in-law looked great.

I dislike Tyler, but kudos to him for putting some effort into his vows.

Tyler's sister's speech: WTF? Why recount your sordid family history instead of just toasting the happy couple? Maybe she spoke immediately after the mother, but still… That said, after what Butch did, approaching Carly, he deserved that shaming.

Nick is so sweet. When I first saw my BFF in her wedding gown, I burst into tears, too, just as he did. He's adorable.

I think Cait mentioned her father eons ago and if I'm recalling correctly, which I may not be, he was living in another state. But, who knows.

That's it for me. I've got work to do.

• Love 7

I was really offended by Tyler aiming to pick Catelynn up and struggling with it. He knew good and damn well she was out of his weight class and I'm sure it didn't help her self esteem to have all of the Americas see him damn near break his back to lift her.  Not cute. Not cute at all.

• Love 16

My parents had a reception in a volunteer firehouse, my grandmother made ALL the food, and my mom decorated. 10 grand for everything, and it still looked nicer than...whatever that reception was. All over the place.

A previous poster said Maci was looking for the kegs, my parents got 15 kegs for their wedding and they were gone before the night was over, lol. Kegs are awesome.

Tyler's vows were really sweet. I didn't like how everyone spoke about just Tyler at the reception. At my cousin's wedding, literally the entire thing was about him. His sister, who was MOH, whole speech was about how much she loves her big brother and it came off super incestuous. Oh and during the vows, when the preacher said something like "forever" the bride goes "well maybe we'll stay together forever" lol that marriage lasted 6 months, fyi and was 30,000 dollars.

Did Carly stand up, facing the other way, the whole ceremony?

I'm only up to the Tyler-Cate rehearsal dinner, and I just can't stand Tyler...he's such a know it all little ass!

Butch is a lot more likable, I'm really hoping he'll stay clean and out of trouble.

Tyler loves to talk down to people, Cate and Butch especially...and I just can't deal with that walk of his, why does he shake his ass like that??? that's not cute, attractive or anything of the sort on a man, ugh!

I'm thankful to the inventor of the FF feature, I just can't watch that she-beast Farrah, not for a single second!

• Love 3

Seriously. When Tyler said something like "If I ran away, you'd NEVER be able to find me" it didn't even sound like a joke. 

If i were Cate I'd tell his stupid ass to hit the road, run away Tyler and I won't find you because I will not be looking for you!

Cate thinks so little of herself, the shit she puts up with from that weasel is unbelievable.

• Love 5

Are Amber and Matt trying to be the next Jeff Lewis and Jenni Pulous or Tarek and Christina? I doubt this houseflipping thing will go well for them.

Catelynn and Tyler: Bawled during pretty much the whole ceremony. Kail looked very sour when they showed her. I guess she's angry that her marriage isn't like Cate and Ty's. The family dance was adorable. Also. did anyone see that Teresa was helping Cate put on her veil? Shouldn't that have been April's job?

Farrah: Still a bitch. And her nastyness is rubbing off on Sophia.

Maci: How's that clothing line going?

• Love 6

Farrah thinks it's so funny to mock grandma in front of Sophia now but just wait because ten years from now it's going to be her crying while her ungrateful bitch of a daughter treats her like shit.

Anyway, Ryan can't even fake five minutes of enthusiasm while doing a wholesome activity with his son. That guy is like a walking Valium.

I loved the Bud Light can in the background while Cate and Teresa were having their special moment. Stay classy Cate.

Council Bluffs is in Iowa. It sits next to Omaha with the Missouri River separating them.

Brooklynista, on 25 Jan 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

Tyler dropping that ring means something. And that kiss was wack.

Not even church tongue. There's no hot bedsheets action happening there.

Tyler having a "Best Woman"?...just sayin

YES!!!!!!

I have been thinking something is just not right about them in the "romance" department all along.

There is just no passion, all I see is Cate being so needy and starving for attention and affection from Tyler, while he acts like he's just not into her.

I wish she'd taken the time to find love with someone else, instead of sticking around and putting up with sugar pants Tyler---as we say in the South "That boy just ain't right" *wink, wink*

• Love 4

I was really offended by Tyler aiming to pick Catelynn up and struggling with it. He knew good and damn well she was out of his weight class and I'm sure it didn't help her self esteem to have all of the Americas see him damn near break his back to lift her.  Not cute. Not cute at all.

OMG! I'm so glad I read this before I got to that part, nope! not watching that fiasco.

That was not necessary, why put her through that on camera? yeah it's tradition and all but...Tyler looks like he could barely lift Nova in a few months.

• Love 5

That makes sense. I was confused about the time line since Leah and Bentley are in school in their segments and I was assuming that Mtv was showing everyone in the same order. Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 1

Do any of these "great" mothers understand that children have ears?! I wouldn't allow my children to hear me talking the way Farrah does to anybody, let alone their grandmother! She's absolutely despicable and she disgusts me more each week. Vile.

What about the fathers or other adults?  Poor Nick.  He's sitting there overhearing Tyler's speech about attempted suicide, and even piped up and Tyler was like, "Oh, I forgot he was here," and then he continued on with comments about rope burns around his neck.  WTF?

And then in the car, Nick was in the back seat when Tyler and Butch were talking about BrandonandTeresa not wanting Butch to meet Carly, etc.  Why is he hearing all that?  Because he's so used to watching Butch and April fight, or Butch and Tyler fight, or April and Caitlyn fight, that they figure he can take it? 

I love the kudos Maci gives herself....look at all we've done in the past year....we bought a house, we had Jayde, Bentley's playing baseball (um...wtf?), I have a job in the career I want to work in (I thought she had a job at a check cashing place)...at our age!

Maci...hon...you do realize all of that is because of MTV and nothing you've done, right?

That is so annoying.  I was just picturing all these teenagers thinking, "Wow, if I have a baby I'll get to start my own business and have photo shoots and have my friends be the models!" 

Seriously. When Tyler said something like "If I ran away, you'd NEVER be able to find me" it didn't even sound like a joke. 

And I don't think he was joking when he said he'd run off to "Baruba."

Why was Harrah wearing a peignoir to go boating? When she was putting that garish makeup on Mowgli, I thought,oh,okay,she's going to put on some clothes before she leaves the house. But, no. She's got godawful taste. Those earrings- teh suck.

Peignoir!  That's exactly what she was wearing.  Still doesn't explain "why," but at least we know "what."

My favorite character in this show is Nick (April and Butch's son). For two people who were such a hot mess they created the sweetest little boy!

I don't think Butch is Nick's father.  I can't swear to it because every time I try to untangle that whole mess my brain hurts, but I'm pretty sure.  And he is a very sweet boy, which also makes me think he's not related to Butch.

Also...I think there's more going on with the Debra vs. Michael staying with Sophia thing. Obviously the conversations we see are at least edited, if not re-created, so you can never know for sure.  But Debra said Michael couldn't watch Sophia full time, presumably based on what he told her.  And when Farrah got Michael on the phone when they were at Debra's house, she started, in true Farrah fashion, with, "Did you lie to me earlier and say you can watch Sophia?"  He said, "My job stuff, don't worry.  I can do everything I can here and I will work something out."  And then, "Take a breather, when we talk we'll work things out."

So what's to be worked out?  Apparently it's not the case that he'll just fly down to Austin and take care of Sophia.  So Debra has a point.  Unfortunately, she's also vile and insane, so if the point of her having a point is to be able to watch Sophia, then it's a moot point.  Or it would be for me because I wouldn't let her near my kid.  But it's Farrah we're talking about, and for some reason these three people just cannot stay away from each other.

I just find it so ironic that Debra and Michael take all this shit from Farrah, I assume mostly because they don't want to lose Sophia.  But I think they need to be mindful of "Watch out what you ask for because you just might get it."

• Love 4

They can both do better, and should have gone their separate ways to get a life rather than stick around in a poor, codependent relationship. He stays out of guilt, she stays out of insecurity. Giving the baby up for adoption should have enabled them to NOT spend the rest of their lives with the person they chose at 14. Of course if they weren't getting lots of tv money/employment due to staying together, I'm sure the relationship would be long gone by now.

• Love 4

Matt and Amber flipping houses is funny. Can she do that from the couch?

Does Matt own a hammer?  Does he know which end of the nail to strike?  "We'll knock out this wall here for a closet, and put a bathroom in over there.  Plan Approvals? Permits?  Building Codes?  What are those?"  If they saw an episode of a car restoration show, would they decide to "invest" her money in an empty garage and go into the car repair business?

And they're going to parlay their flipping empire into sober living houses?  What the fuckity fuck?  Don't they need to be staffed by, you know, licensed counselors who made it beyond high school?  

• Love 9

I wish she'd taken the time to find love with someone else, instead of sticking around and putting up with sugar pants Tyler---as we say in the South "That boy just ain't right" *wink, wink*

There was a from-the-rear camera shot of him sashaying through the house at the beginning of the episode -- oh my!  

• Love 7

I read most of these comments before I watched the entire episode (just like you Ghoulina, I kept falling asleep.  Actually I would fall asleep WHILE rewinding and ending up at the start again!). So I was expecting the Butch encounters Carly thing to go something like this:

Butch:  CARLEEE!!!  My grandbaby!!!

Carly:  Umm what?

Butch:  I'm your grand daddy!!  **sweeps Carly up** See this tattoo??  It proves I am your natural born grand daddy!!

IMHO?  What actually transpired was very low key and non-intrusive.  I think Butch is showing a lot of impulse control, but the things Tyler and his daughter are saying to him?  I have little confidence he can stay sober.  Shit like this is why people self medicate and can't stay off drugs!  A little tact family members please.

Edited by Trace
  • Love 6

There was a from-the-rear camera shot of him sashaying through the house at the beginning of the episode -- oh my!  

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that. The previous episode had a long shot of Tyler walking out to the RV to talk to Butch, and he was swinging it like crazy! LMAO!!

• Love 5

I'm only partway through but I think Amber's segments may have been my favorites so far.

As truelovekiss mentioned, there was the "what do you guys do for a living?" part with the realtor that was hilarious. And then there was her whole discussion with Matt about opening a sober living house while she's standing next to a wine bottle and what looked like probably a vodka bottle, and he was drinking something out of a Solo cup. Not that you can't put water in those but c'mon... an awful lot of people associate them with kegs.

I'm sure there will be more great moments, but these alone were worth noting.

• Love 5

And they're going to parlay their flipping empire into sober living houses?  What the fuckity fuck?  Don't they need to be staffed by, you know, licensed counselors who made it beyond high school?  

Wait...I FF through most of this mess so I missed a lot, so Ambi and Matt are going to build and run Sober Living facilities???

Are they hoping to revive Dr. Drew's (thankfully) canceled sober living show?

That's one way to keep the gravy train rolling, but we all know these two sleestacks will never get off the couch or bed, to make anything happen.

• Love 6

Did anyone notice the look on Sophia's face when Farrah had Michael on speakerphone and he said "Farrah, calm it down" like she was shocked anyone would dare speak to the almighty Farrah in that tone. I think it's very rare that anyone actually defends themselves or sticks up for themselves around Farrah. Then, of course, her hanging up on him as he was saying "Love you."

Edited by Pdxblonde
  • Love 5

IMHO? What actually transpired was very low key and non-intrusive. I think Butch is showing a lot of impulse control, but the things Tyler and his daughter are saying to him? I have little confidence he can stay sober. Shit like this is why people self medicate and can't stay off drugs! A little tact family members please.

I agree that Butch was pretty reserved, I was holding my breath expecting it to be much worse, but it still bothered me that he approached her. Although we didn't see her say it, Cate did rely the fact that Theresa did not want Butch to talk to Carly and he should have respected that. If he really, really wanted to talk to her he should have waited and talked to Cate and Tyler like Kiki advised and had them see if it was ok.

I can definitely understand that it must have hurt his feelings that he was the only one not able to speak with her but that doesn't mean he gets to disregard B&T's wishes no matter how subdued he was IMO.

• Love 4