Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: The Big Day

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I agree that the whole story is a huge lie. Tyler was telling it to Catelynn, who seemed surprised so he was the only "witness" to this story. And the big tip off for me was when Tyler "proved" that she was talking about him and not Brandon because according to Tyler, Brandon and Teresa were "far back" and no one else was around. Does anyone else have a hard time believing that Brandon and Teresa would be more than 5 paces away from their kids at any given time during that visit (or ever, really)? I doubt Carly was out of her PARENTS' sight for a hot second during that visit.

He told the story twice to two different people, I don't remember who the second time. The first time he told Cate Teresa and Brandon were way down the beach probably because she believes everything he says without question. The second telling he changed the story to say they were just a little ways away, but not really far. Classic liar, change the story depending on who they think will call them on it.

• Love 3

He told the story twice to two different people, I don't remember who the second time. The first time he told Cate Teresa and Brandon were way down the beach probably because she believes everything he says without question. The second telling he changed the story to say they were just a little ways away, but not really far. Classic liar, change the story depending on who they think will call them on it.

It's extra weird, because wouldn't Cate think to herself, "at what point during my 2 hours per year with Carly was I that far away from her, with Brandon and Teresa?"

• Love 2

And if she said "Daddy" she was calling for HER Dad, Brandon. Probably, if any of Tyler's add up, Brandon wasn't directly next to her, she was calling for him. You are not her Daddy Tyler. 

I still think it's rude of Butch to do the one thing that was asked that he not do. And I agree, this whole wedding really did become about Butch in a lot of ways and not Tyler and Catelynn. The having to deal with Butch being uncomfortable staying in the rented house ordeal with April and the new husband- like I'm not heartless  and I understand that the situation was and while yes it's uncomfortable but Butch can't suck it up for a few days- to the rehearsal dinner in which Butch made a speech that made this all about him, to the actual WEDDING where Tyler's sister made a speech about how much Butch sucks to Butch needing to introduce himself to Carly. Like, what..? Also, I'm still kind of not okay with MTV not showing any of Cate's bridesmaids talking about her, why did Tyler get all the praise? At times, it seems like the show really is trying hard to sell the narrative of Tyler being a perfect boyfriend. Which he's not.  On a side note, I didn't even know Cate knew Kail from TM2? I mean, I know all these moms probably "know" each other, but enough to get an invite to the wedding? 

I know I said earlier about the adorness of Bentley but I still can't get over how cute he was and also when Tyler showed Maci the shows that Bentley picked out. So. Cute. 

• Love 3

A lot of fans are saying what Tyler sister did was wrong calling out butch at the wedding. But in my eyes it wasn't wrong. Butch caused pain and damage to his children. He's a deadbeat who will never change. He deserves to be called out on his bs

A lot of fans are saying what Tyler sister did was wrong calling out butch at the wedding. But in my eyes it wasn't wrong. Butch caused pain and damage to his children. He's a deadbeat who will never change. He deserves to be called out on his bs

I sort of wonder if maybe Butch is much less interested in playing the doting grandpa to her kids. She could be clued into the idea that Butch's family loyalty extends as far as the next MTV paycheck. There may be lots of conversations between her and Tyler that haven't made it onto camera. MTV has been much more candid about process the last 2 seasons, but they have stopped short of discussing who's getting a paycheck and who is benefiting from that. I don't think they actually want to make the Lohan factor of these shows a center debate.

• Love 2

Butch did a Q&A for The Ashley and he said there was some sort of stipulation in his parole about being around April...I don't think a restraining order exactly because he didn't use that specific term (and we KNOW he is familiar with what restraining orders are, lol)...he just said something about not being near her. So maybe this was the reason he went to the campground? And maybe the driveway was too near April? Just throwing that out there :-).

And Carly probably DID scream "daddy" around Tyler, but probably because creepy Ty scares the shit out of her and she was calling for her REAL dad to come save her.

• Love 9

I agree with you on him being called out but I think doing so at someone else's wedding, when it's supposed to be their big day, is pretty wrong.

• Love 8
NikSac, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:33 AM, said:

I agree with you on him being called out but I think doing so at someone else's wedding, when it's supposed to be their big day, is pretty wrong.

I agree. It was not the place/time. Butch was a guest of the bride and groom. They obviously wanted him there. The wedding party and all the guests did not need to hear him being called out during what should be a festive and happy time. Very awkward and uncomfortable.

• Love 7
I agree that the whole story is a huge lie. Tyler was telling it to Catelynn, who seemed surprised so he was the only "witness" to this story. And the big tip off for me was when Tyler "proved" that she was talking about him and not Brandon because according to Tyler, Brandon and Teresa were "far back" and no one else was around. Does anyone else have a hard time believing that Brandon and Teresa would be more than 5 paces away from their kids at any given time during that visit (or ever, really)? I doubt Carly was out of her PARENTS' sight for a hot second during that visit.

I agree, I doubt B&T would be that far away from Carly. But even if she was, I'd bet her "Daddy" was more of a "Daddy???" - like, "Where are you?" She was not calling that idiot her father. 

• Love 4

IMO, Butch is as big of a famewhore as Tyler. I absolutely believe that he reads EVERYTHING that is written about him on the Internet and social media. His ego is super inflated so of course the wedding and everything else is all about him. Tyler is is same way. He is out jonesing for likes on facebook, and loves any media attention. Part of me is disgusted by all the TM players for turning what was initially supposed to be one episode on a reality show into a lifestyle funded by MTV, while another part of me is completely fascinated watching this trainwreck of a show chug down it's tracks.  

• Love 6

And if she said "Daddy" she was calling for HER Dad, Brandon. Probably, if any of Tyler's add up, Brandon wasn't directly next to her, she was calling for him. You are not her Daddy Tyler. 

I still think it's rude of Butch to do the one thing that was asked that he not do. And I agree, this whole wedding really did become about Butch in a lot of ways and not Tyler and Catelynn. The having to deal with Butch being uncomfortable staying in the rented house ordeal with April and the new husband- like I'm not heartless  and I understand that the situation was and while yes it's uncomfortable but Butch can't suck it up for a few days- to the rehearsal dinner in which Butch made a speech that made this all about him, to the actual WEDDING where Tyler's sister made a speech about how much Butch sucks to Butch needing to introduce himself to Carly. Like, what..? Also, I'm still kind of not okay with MTV not showing any of Cate's bridesmaids talking about her, why did Tyler get all the praise? At times, it seems like the show really is trying hard to sell the narrative of Tyler being a perfect boyfriend. Which he's not.  On a side note, I didn't even know Cate knew Kail from TM2? I mean, I know all these moms probably "know" each other, but enough to get an invite to the wedding? 

I know I said earlier about the adorness of Bentley but I still can't get over how cute he was and also when Tyler showed Maci the shows that Bentley picked out. So. Cute. 

I didn't see the speech because by that point in the episode I was bored and scrolling through my phone, but I'm guessing she was tired of all the attention he was getting and her resentment of him for being such a shitty, absentee dad finally got to be so much and she couldn't help herself.   The girl clearly has a truck load of daddy issues, she's a walking cliché.

• Love 3

RE: Carly allegedly calling Tyler daddy. Here's my take:

Carly is what 5? 6? My guess is that she is old enough that B&T have started slowly explaining to her the concept of biological parents and adoptive parents, at least to the extent of which she is capable of understanding. Or she has asked why these two people come visit her a couple of times a year and who they are. Either way, B&T have most likely told her about her bio parents, again, in a way she can understand. She probably asked if that meant she has two dads and two moms and they most likely said yes. FF to the wedding and if you haven't been around a 5 or 6 year old girl at a wedding, sometimes they get all caught up in the princessyness of it all (which is a whole other topic lol) and want to be part of it. So when Cate and Ty are the center of attention and Cate looks like a princess and Tyler looks like a prince (at least to a 5 year old), then yeah, I can see where she would run over and say dad to him and get caught up it. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 1

I didn't see the speech because by that point in the episode I was bored and scrolling through my phone, but I'm guessing she was tired of all the attention he was getting and her resentment of him for being such a shitty, absentee dad finally got to be so much and she couldn't help herself. The girl clearly has a truck load of daddy issues, she's a walking cliché.

That's exactly what I thought as well. Plus, I think she specifically mentioned how Kim was their mother AND father because she wanted Kim to have more recognition. She must've seen or felt that it wasn't fair for Butch to be a few days out of prison and still be treated like the father of the groom and equal to the mother of the groom when he hadn't been there for them most of their lives and Kim made all the sacrifices. I really think it was just as much about giving Kim a special honor for being their sole parent and making sure everyone recognized that.

• Love 4

I agree. It was not the place/time. Butch was a guest of the bride and groom. They obviously wanted him there. The wedding party and all the guests did not need to hear him being called out during what should be a festive and happy time. Very awkward and uncomfortable.

I understand the unusual circumstances, but this is why I was also just a little bit disappointed that Brandon and Theresa decided only certain family members were allowed to meet Carly at the wedding. They chose to attend with her and I think its kind of rude to make your own rules at someone else's wedding about who is allowed to talk to you or your family, isn't it?

If it's about safety then should all of the parents of children at C&T's wedding have a right to tell Tyler that his dad is not allowed to talk to their family at the reception either?

I don't know, seems complicated.

• Love 2

Ugh, Daddy-gate... I am of the school of thought that it didn't happen, but if it did it was aimed toward Brandon. 5/6 year olds don't always understand distance and what can/cannot be heard, if they were still within eye shot (which I doubt they would let her out of their sight) she likely meant Brandon. Just because she said "daddy" in your presence does not mean she was talking about you Tyler.

Also he kept going on and on about it, he kept saying it wasn't a big deal, that he didn't say anything about it at the time, yet he told the story to anyone who would listen. He told it twice in the show alone, I'm sure he told it numerous times on his own too.

It's been said many times that Catelynn is a reason that B&T still have a relationship with them, and I agree... They have a strong bond and Teresa is very maternal toward Catelynn, despite Tyler. At this point whether it's good or not I don't really see them cutting off contact, but that doesn't mean that Tyler should keep tempting fate and pushing the line. for the most part I think Catelynn has a healthy grasp of the adoption (well as much as anyone in this unhealthy dynamic can have) sure sometimes she seems to have perhaps less than realistic ideas or aspirations, but I kinda feel like Tyler is the one more so fueling those... In general she just seems grateful to have a relationship with Carly's family, they asked for no pictures, Catelynn agreed to it with no real argument of it being fair or not, she just wants to keep the relationship, while Tyler threw that fit about "his" kid and how they owe him.

• Love 4

Even if she did ACCIDENTALLY call Tyler dad it's not the huge deal he seemed to think - I remember a few times classmates calling our teacher "mom" on accident in elementary school. I also watch my friend's daughter once a week and she has accidentally called me mom before. It happens.

• Love 12

Butch did a Q&A for The Ashley and he said there was some sort of stipulation in his parole about being around April...I don't think a restraining order exactly because he didn't use that specific term (and we KNOW he is familiar with what restraining orders are, lol)...he just said something about not being near her. So maybe this was the reason he went to the campground? And maybe the driveway was too near April? Just throwing that out there :-).

And Carly probably DID scream "daddy" around Tyler, but probably because creepy Ty scares the shit out of her and she was calling for her REAL dad to come save her.

I think he's full of it.  If there was a stay away order, he wouldn't have been allowed to be around her at the bachelor/bachelorette party (I'm still in shock he was even allowed to go to a club on parole, that is strictly forbidden in California) or at the wedding.  And he sure as shit wouldn't have allowed it to be captured on film.  I think he was just making excuses, frankly.  I wouldn't trust Butch as far as I could throw him.

RE: Carly allegedly calling Tyler daddy. Here's my take:

Carly is what 5? 6? My guess is that she is old enough that B&T have started slowly explaining to her the concept of biological parents and adoptive parents, at least to the extent of which she is capable of understanding. Or she has asked why these two people come visit her a couple of times a year and who they are. Either way, B&T have most likely told her about her bio parents, again, in a way she can understand. She probably asked if that meant she has two dads and two moms and they most likely said yes. FF to the wedding and if you haven't been around a 5 or 6 year old girl at a wedding, sometimes they get all caught up in the princessyness of it all (which is a whole other topic lol) and want to be part of it. So when Cate and Ty are the center of attention and Cate looks like a princess and Tyler looks like a prince (at least to a 5 year old), then yeah, I can see where she would run over and say dad to him and get caught up it. 

He said she called him that during their visit, not at the wedding. 

• Love 1

IMO, Butch is as big of a famewhore as Tyler. I absolutely believe that he reads EVERYTHING that is written about him on the Internet and social media. His ego is super inflated so of course the wedding and everything else is all about him. Tyler is is same way. He is out jonesing for likes on facebook, and loves any media attention. Part of me is disgusted by all the TM players for turning what was initially supposed to be one episode on a reality show into a lifestyle funded by MTV, while another part of me is completely fascinated watching this trainwreck of a show chug down it's tracks.

Agree about Butch. Can't stand him...

Also think he was rude to approach Carly when he was told not to

Even if she did ACCIDENTALLY call Tyler dad it's not the huge deal he seemed to think - I remember a few times classmates calling our teacher "mom" on accident in elementary school. I also watch my friend's daughter once a week and she has accidentally called me mom before. It happens.

Lol I wish I had a dollar for every time one of my sister's 4 kids have called me mom...

• Love 2

I can believe that Carly called Tyler "daddy" by accident, but yeah, Tyler is making it into something else entirely. Just like he does with everything-also now that I think about it, the moment in which Butch, knowing full well that Teresa and Brandon didn't want him to talk to Carly, he DID IT ANYWAY is sort of like when Tyler knowing that posting a video montage on his facebook when B&T asked them to not post pictures anymore is somewhat similar. It makes me sad because I think Cate really does accept the boundaries placed with the adoption but it seems Tyler keeps pushing the envelope. 

• Love 4

Tyler probably wants the adoption to close so he can play the victim. I honestly don't understand why he continues to act the way he does with his attitude and passive aggression towards B&T. I think all of their requests have been perfectly reasonable. They didn't know that this damn show would go on for so long. They just wanted a baby and were nice enough to let them see her yearly (some open adoptions, the birth parents don't even see the children for several years and only get pictures). But that's not enough? You also want to show off her pictures on the internet, have her there at any minor event, etc? If he honestly believes that he has been wronged, he needs a stay in a psych ward (which he should probably do anyways).

Which btw, I think that story about his alleged suicide attempt is bullshit. I think most of the shit he says is complete bullshit. And I also don't think Carly asked to dance with Tyler. I think SHE was asked if she would like to dance with Tyler.

Most people found that scene adorable but I was cringing the entire time. It was so akward, they were all just standing around while Tyler was wobbling with Carly in his arms with a creepy look on his face.

• Love 5

Glad you've embraced it!  I'm short and appreciate you tall types more than you know.

I agree with everything except your last sentence, Brandon and Theresa's little girl should be nothing short of perfect in their eyes (and his, but mostly theirs).  (ETA: in my opinion, of course)

I'm pretty sure Tyler was talking about Nova and when someone commented she was big/tall he agreed and then made the comment about hoping she will grow up to be tall but not "too tall."   Ugh.  Doesn't really matter though who he was talking about  - it was a terribly thoughtless comment either way.  

Tyler probably wants the adoption to close so he can play the victim. I honestly don't understand why he continues to act the way he does with his attitude and passive aggression towards B&T. I think all of their requests have been perfectly reasonable. They didn't know that this damn show would go on for so long. They just wanted a baby and were nice enough to let them see her yearly (some open adoptions, the birth parents don't even see the children for several years and only get pictures). But that's not enough? You also want to show off her pictures on the internet, have her there at any minor event, etc? If he honestly believes that he has been wronged, he needs a stay in a psych ward (which he should probably do anyways).

Which btw, I think that story about his alleged suicide attempt is bullshit. I think most of the shit he says is complete bullshit. And I also don't think Carly asked to dance with Tyler. I think SHE was asked if she would like to dance with Tyler.

Most people found that scene adorable but I was cringing the entire time. It was so akward, they were all just standing around while Tyler was wobbling with Carly in his arms with a creepy look on his face.

I agree I think B&T's requests have been more than reasonable, a lot of people would not have put up with this pony show. I mean Brandon had people track down his work, and harass him about being "so mean", I would have closed the adoption so fast if I were them. I get that in that case it was not Cate and Tyler harassing Brandon, but at the same time if they (more so Tyler) weren't constantly bemoaning how unfair it is to not let them post on social media, or not come to graduation, etc the fans most likely wouldn't have gone so far as to find Brandon's work.

I know hindsight is 20/20, and we'll never know if this is the case, but I kinda wonder if casting C&T on teen mom made this adoption situation worse... I'm (legally) hopped up on pain meds so I'm not sure how well I can articulate what I'm thinking... But I can understand 16 & pregnant wanting to air the adoption angle, but I think as far as casting them on teen mom maybe wasn't the best decision, because I feel like this has caused some of the trauma of the whole adoption to be magnified. Like I'm sure regardless it would have been hard, I don't believe had they not done the show it would have been easy by any means, but I just think that being that teen mom is a show to show case what happens in the aftermath of a teen pregnancy, meaning producers in some cases are telling them what to talk about, feeding story lines etc, so maybe there were times where they in real life maybe would not have brought Carly up, but because she is part of the story line the producers had her mentioned... I don't feel like I'm explaining it well, so I'm going to make up a completely hypothetical example. Say at Christmas, without the show, they would be together opening presents...someone may think of Carly, and what she may or may not be doing in that moment, but they may not bring it up and have a whole discussion about it, or C&T may have a private conversation about it, but it wouldn't be a running theme... But with the show, same situation opening Christmas presents, but now production wants them to throw in how they miss Carly and how they hope to one day spend Christmas with her, thus constantly reopening the wound. I think the wound also gets reopened by the sheer fact of it being an open adoption, but I think it all playing out on a tv show makes it that much worse, and makes it hard for C&T to truly move on.

• Love 7

I agree I think B&T's requests have been more than reasonable, a lot of people would not have put up with this pony show. I mean Brandon had people track down his work, and harass him about being "so mean", I would have closed the adoption so fast if I were them. I get that in that case it was not Cate and Tyler harassing Brandon, but at the same time if they (more so Tyler) weren't constantly bemoaning how unfair it is to not let them post on social media, or not come to graduation, etc the fans most likely wouldn't have gone so far as to find Brandon's work.

I know hindsight is 20/20, and we'll never know if this is the case, but I kinda wonder if casting C&T on teen mom made this adoption situation worse... I'm (legally) hopped up on pain meds so I'm not sure how well I can articulate what I'm thinking... But I can understand 16 & pregnant wanting to air the adoption angle, but I think as far as casting them on teen mom maybe wasn't the best decision, because I feel like this has caused some of the trauma of the whole adoption to be magnified. Like I'm sure regardless it would have been hard, I don't believe had they not done the show it would have been easy by any means, but I just think that being that teen mom is a show to show case what happens in the aftermath of a teen pregnancy, meaning producers in some cases are telling them what to talk about, feeding story lines etc, so maybe there were times where they in real life maybe would not have brought Carly up, but because she is part of the story line the producers had her mentioned... I don't feel like I'm explaining it well, so I'm going to make up a completely hypothetical example. Say at Christmas, without the show, they would be together opening presents...someone may think of Carly, and what she may or may not be doing in that moment, but they may not bring it up and have a whole discussion about it, or C&T may have a private conversation about it, but it wouldn't be a running theme... But with the show, same situation opening Christmas presents, but now production wants them to throw in how they miss Carly and how they hope to one day spend Christmas with her, thus constantly reopening the wound. I think the wound also gets reopened by the sheer fact of it being an open adoption, but I think it all playing out on a tv show makes it that much worse, and makes it hard for C&T to truly move on.

I totally understand what you are saying. It's how I feel a lot of times watching Catelynn and Tyler. I don't doubt that they miss Carly at times and grieve and get sad and think of the what ifs, I bet anybody in this situation would, no doubt about that, and adding up the fact that Catelynn and Tyler are teenagers or were when this started and emotions are rampant during the age, but I think the show does more or less make them grieve more. I also agree that because of this, they can't move on. Because the show's storyline is that they are the couple that gave the baby up for adoption.  All of their stories link up to Carly because the show brings it back there. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

I totally understand what you are saying. It's how I feel a lot of times watching Catelynn and Tyler. I don't doubt that they miss Carly at times and grieve and get sad and think of the what ifs, I bet anybody in this situation would, no doubt about that, and adding up the fact that Catelynn and Tyler are teenagers or were when this started and emotions are rampant during the age, but I think the show does more or less make them grieve more. I also agree that because of this, they can't move on. Because the show's storyline is that they are the couple that gave the baby up for adoption.  All of their stories link up to Carly because the show brings it back there. 

I agree, if it wasn't for the show, they (or at least Cate) would be farther along in the letting go process. The problem is while the other TMs deal with the kids, the exes, etc and we all watch that, C&T's storyline is the adoption. If the adoption is in the rearview mirror, what's their storyline? THey have to keep the Carly thing going or they are just another couple with a kid and dysfunctional relatives.

• Love 1

YES! I was wondering if he was going to let Cate have a dance with her, you know since she carried her for 9 months and all. But nope, all about Tyler

Edited by rainbowbanana
  • Love 5

I

It has been driving me crazy for years who he reminds me of...your post was genius. Now, I expect Tyler to come out with a completely lame rap song before long.

Or unseen footage of him singing at the reception. "You're so precious to meeee. Am I pre-eh-shez to yooouuu?"

• Love 5

The only reason they were casted on Teen Mom is because their lives were trainwrecks and trashy. Great drama and all.

Edit because I posted too fast

I think MTV just wanted to show them like see look at what they're able to do because of adoption, but they never did anything. The only interesting thing about their storylines are their trashy ass families.

Edited by langway
  • Love 2

I agree, if it wasn't for the show, they (or at least Cate) would be farther along in the letting go process. The problem is while the other TMs deal with the kids, the exes, etc and we all watch that, C&T's storyline is the adoption. If the adoption is in the rearview mirror, what's their storyline? THey have to keep the Carly thing going or they are just another couple with a kid and dysfunctional relatives.

I always feel like they think they're dropping subliminal messages for when Carly gets older and rewatches. She'll see their creepy Carly photoblanket and know they always loved her.

Even the weird masks at the wedding, I think were for Carly. They needed a way to obstruct her face, so they all wore masks so that she would blend. It's very thoughtful, but they continue to plan their lives around Carly and I agree, if not for this show, they would be much further in the healing process.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure Tyler was talking about Nova and when someone commented she was big/tall he agreed and then made the comment about hoping she will grow up to be tall but not "too tall."   Ugh.  Doesn't really matter though who he was talking about  - it was a terribly thoughtless comment either way.  

Ohh okay, I may have misunderstood and don't have it to go back and watch it again. And you're right, extremely thoughtless comment either way. Especially when he added that whole "Amazon woman" comment to it. Blech.

• Love 1

Ohh okay, I may have misunderstood and don't have it to go back and watch it again. And you're right, extremely thoughtless comment either way. Especially when he added that whole "Amazon woman" comment to it. Blech.

Sorry to quote myself, but there's a marathon on right now so I just saw the scene again. He was most definitely talking about Carly. It was also even worse than I remembered. He was making fun of her walking into a room someday with a very masculine voice saying "hi I'm Carly."

• Love 1

Sorry to quote myself, but there's a marathon on right now so I just saw the scene again. He was most definitely talking about Carly. It was also even worse than I remembered. He was making fun of her walking into a room someday with a very masculine voice saying "hi I'm Carly."

Obviously Carly got the masculine voice from Butch, or even April because she sure as hell didn't get it from Richard Simmons (Tyler).

• Love 5

Since he isn't her parent, its not his place to even think of something like that. It's not his concern whether she's five or seven feet tall because he's not her dad!

It's disgusting that they think they'd be doing such a great job with Carly when they can't be bothered with the baby that's right in front of them.

• Love 6

WHAT. AN. ASSHOLE! That kind of shit just messes with kids' heads. SO WHAT IF SHE IS TALL? Is she going to feel uncomfortable in her own skin because someone who's, unfortunately, opinion she respects thinks this makes her unacceptable?

Someone needs to neuter and spay all these people...

• Love 6

I don't even believe she'd be tall anyway.  It's not like Tyler or Cate are remotely tall.  Not that it matters, just throwing it out there.

I was thinking that too...where did she get the tall gene?

Also, you can't always tell how tall an adult will be based on their size at age 6.

And finally, TYLER, with the "man" voice imitating an adult Carly, are you insinuating that being tall makes you manly? In that case you must be feeling really good about yourself right about now.

• Love 3

Ewww, that really is disgusting. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel it's worse that he said it about Carly instead of Nova. She's not even his kid. That's just uncalled for. Plus, no matter how awesome B&T are (and they ARE), Carly may have some doubts and insecurities later in life about why she was given up for adoption. And now she can see her biological father on camera, mocking her height and speculating she will have a manly voice - and she may just think, "Is that what's wrong with me? Is that why he didn't want me?" 

Tyler is just incredibly immature and superficial, and for someone who is on tv, he sure doesn't think before he speaks. 

• Love 4

OK, clearly Brandon & Teresa did not want Carly's face on the show which I totally agree with. But did they keep her face out of the wedding photos on social media and if so, how? Did all the wedding guests have to surrender their phones before the ceremony and reception?

• Love 2

Right after the wedding there was a picture of carly's face while dancing with tyler on this site. Later it was removed at theresa and brandon's request. Fairly quickly.

In the picture where carly is facing the the wedding guests while dancing with tyler...and he is facing the photographer...several guests are clearly shown taking pictures with cell phones.

And finally, TYLER, with the "man" voice imitating an adult Carly, are you insinuating that being tall makes you manly?

It obviously did not work for Tyler (assuming that he is tall, I have no idea).

• Love 1

I don't even believe she'd be tall anyway. It's not like Tyler or Cate are remotely tall. Not that it matters, just throwing it out there.

Butch is pretty tall so I guess it's possible that Carley will be on the tall side...which is great! And doesn't matter because tall/short is just a thing without value like blond/brunette. It just is.

The thing that infuriated me was that I got the feeling that Tyler was somehow criticizing Brandon and Teressa. Like if he and Cait were raising Carley she would top out at an acceptable 5'4". Which considering the nutritional quality of their food and all the second hand smoke, maybe...

• Love 3

Tyler is a sack of crap for saying that. He prizes himself as such a mature adult but no mature adult would make fun of a child like that. Especially their biological one. He just makes my blood boil. So happy Carly is with B&T.

• Love 3

I'm way late to the game but i never noticed this until just now, at Cate and Tyler's wedding when Butch goes up to Carly the MTV cameras show Brandon and Teresa's reaction, and the labels with their names say "Carly's adoptive parents"... No, the are Carly's PARENTS that's it...no adjective. I shouldn't be surprised since this show has been milking the Carly stroryline for 6-7 years now.

• Love 7

I finally just now watched this episode. I thought the wedding was beautiful and I'm very happy for them. I am not a Tyler fan and agree with those who say his vows could have been written to make him sound like the perfect husband. But if that's the case he's a great actor because he really did seem to be excited and choked up etc. In fact during all the pre-wedding stuff he seemed to me to be very happy to be getting married to Catelynn... even when she showed up unannounced at his bachelor party at the strip club, which seemed tacky and weird to me.

I was wondering what happened to Catelynn's other brother? I didn't see him at the wedding. He used to be in a wheelchair and always around when the dad was around (I think he lives or lived with the dad).

The "best woman" Ashley seemed to come out of nowhere and confused me. Why have we never heard of this person before?!

In pictures I saw that the adoption counselor was at the wedding, but I don't remember seeing her there on the episode. (Bonus picture of Nova right after the wedding, wearing only a diaper, as usual, but with the addition of pearls).

http://candiest.com/more-photos-of-catelynn-tyler-wedding-her-dress-the-guests-the-venue/

I did wonder about Tyler's story of Carly calling him daddy. And I wondered about Catelynn's version of events for the impromptu wedding dance: Would Carly really have been the one to ask to dance with Tyler? But I think as some others have posted, Carly is at that age where she is starting to understand and it's probably been explained to her. So she could be wanting to know more about her birth mom and dad and wanting to develop more of a bond with them. I have younger siblings who are adopted and they were like this. It was an open adoption and they are blood related to me (their birth father is my birth father/their adoptive father's nephew... my cousin). They called their birth parents Daddy Bobby and Mommy Melissa, whereas our parents were just Mommy and Daddy. So that might have been a key difference, but at around that age they did start asking to talk to and see Daddy Bobby and Mommy Melissa more often, and asked more questions etc. It was important to them to have a relationship with their birth parents and if there is an open adoption I'm not sure how else it would work. It seems to me that a child would naturally want to know about and be around their birth parents even if they are very happy with and adjusted to their adoptive parents.

The "best woman" Ashley seemed to come out of nowhere and confused me. Why have we never heard of this person before?!

Breaking my lurking streak to say I recently rewatched Catelynn's 16 & Pregnant episode (I know, I know) and spotted a long-haired Ashley shooting hoops with Tyler and discussing the pregnancy.  So she goes back at least to that point.  I don't recall seeing her in previous seasons of Teen Mom, though.

Regarding Dawn's presence at the wedding - could it be that if they showed her, they would have to pay her?  Meanwhile, I hope and assume that she was there because of her importance in C&T's lives, though a part of me wonders if she didn't also want to be there for the big meeting just in case anything went wrong....

• Love 1

Breaking my lurking streak to say I recently rewatched Catelynn's 16 & Pregnant episode (I know, I know) and spotted a long-haired Ashley shooting hoops with Tyler and discussing the pregnancy. So she goes back at least to that point. I don't recall seeing her in previous seasons of Teen Mom, though.

Nice detective work! Hopefully she hasn't been around because she went to college.

• Love 2