Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 8/23/2020 at 8:28 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Glad to see MTS has a sense of humor about the dragging Nikki's been getting over her hair/wig:

Our long national nightmare will be over soon, lol!

Yes but will they have a proper burial for the dead carcass know as Wig?

• LOL 7

You know you're watching too much Y&R when you see this:

yn.jpg.e49304239eac2c048e8d7d010d0b89c1.jpg

and you immediately wonder when Phyllis will be seen wearing them. 🤗

Actually, the new actress coming on board, Courtney Hope, would slay in those pants. Grandma Phyllis is slim but maybe not quite enough, IMO. 😼

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

You know you're watching too much Y&R when you see this:

yn.jpg.e49304239eac2c048e8d7d010d0b89c1.jpg

and you immediately wonder when Phyllis will be seen wearing them. 🤗

Actually, the new actress coming on board, Courtney Hope, would slay in those pants. Grandma Phyllis is slim but maybe not quite enough, IMO. 😼

"Wake up the gimp."

• LOL 7

Y&R/CBS has announced that Courtney Love Hope will be reprising her B&B role as Sally Spectra on Y&R. Guess that means she'll be interacting with Chelsea and Lauren. Wonder what guy they'll hook Sally up with? Hmm, Theo's available. So is Jack but she's way too young for him. Uhhhh, Billy?

Sigh, I was hoping they'd make her a new character. Sally comes to GC with some loser baggage, unfortunately. Here's hoping she'll take GC by storm!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
lol, hole?
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Courtney Hope is so talented and full of life. Her boyfriend is Chad Duell, the most boring person on the planet who couldn’t act his way out of a paper bag. Go figure. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

didn't Sally have some fatal illness on B&B?

It is also confusing because Darlene Conley played Rose (unwed mother Nina's baby stealer) on Y&R before playing Sally Spectra on B&B (and Darlene died in 2007). Courtney Hope looks young enough to be her granddaughter. And they both have red hair.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

It is also confusing because Darlene Conley played Rose (unwed mother Nina's baby stealer) on Y&R before playing Sally Spectra on B&B (and Darlene died in 2007). Courtney Hope looks young enough to be her granddaughter. And they both have red hair.

Courtney Hope is Darlene’s granddaughter.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I’m in Canada so I can’t see the vid. Could someone please describe it in undercover as a spoiler?

Spoiler

A couple of flashbacks showing that she was a rebel and a tough cookie. That she loved Ashley and didn't regret sleeping with Brett. Then they current Abbotts toast her for having lived a good life so I assume Dina is dead? Then Marla makes a charming speech while cast and crew applaud. Very touching and well done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It would be the perfect time to bring John back for a final moment.  

ICAM. I even checked on IMDb to see if Jerry Douglas is up to anything acting-wise. Unless he's doing theater, it doesn't appear that he's busy. It would be wonderful if they showed Dina and John reunited in the afterlife.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Right now I'm watching a Lifetime movie called "Adopted in Danger" that came out last year, and I was surprised to see Theo in it.

He's still lookin' greasy as always in a leather jacket, lol.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Haven't seen today's show yet but I did watch "Adopted in Danger," the movie referenced upthread. The IMDb description is:

When a DNA test helps Candace connect with her birth parents, she realizes some family histories are better left untold.

My takes:

• A poor level of acting by most of the cast, including some of the leads. Most of the actors would be laughed off a daytime soap. Tyler Johnson (Theo) was actually one of the better performers IMO.
  • There were plot holes so wide you could drive the space shuttle through them. I found an enormous suspension of disbelief was required at times to stick with the movie.
  • One actor was clearly wearing lifts in his shoes. He had that weird lean forward with his knees locked that usually gives it away. I was surprised he let them film him standing like that but maybe he didn't have the clout to prevent it.
  • One actress was trying rather hard to emphasize her thigh gap. Her legs were kind of thin and shapeless relative to the rest of her body so she often resembled a double-stick Popsicle to me. 😼

And again I noted TJ's gigantic hands. In this movie sometimes it seemed like they had a life of their own and he didn't know what to do with them. Hee.

Verdict: 4/10, would not watch again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I see Jason Brooks was one of the leads. He was on DOOL back in the day -  I think he and Melissa Reeves were having an affair and her husband Scott Reeves (Ryan from Y&R) caught them in flagrante delicto, and because of it she left the show and broke her contract.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

One actor was clearly wearing lifts in his shoes. He had that weird lean forward with his knees locked that usually gives it away. 

Ah yes, the classic " centaur with no back legs pose" that men who wear lifts adopt to keep from falling on their faces.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Haven't seen today's show yet but I did watch "Adopted in Danger," the movie referenced upthread. The IMDb description is:

When a DNA test helps Candace connect with her birth parents, she realizes some family histories are better left untold.

My takes:

• A poor level of acting by most of the cast, including some of the leads. Most of the actors would be laughed off a daytime soap. Tyler Johnson (Theo) was actually one of the better performers IMO.
  • There were plot holes so wide you could drive the space shuttle through them. I found an enormous suspension of disbelief was required at times to stick with the movie.
  • One actor was clearly wearing lifts in his shoes. He had that weird lean forward with his knees locked that usually gives it away. I was surprised he let them film him standing like that but maybe he didn't have the clout to prevent it.
  • One actress was trying rather hard to emphasize her thigh gap. Her legs were kind of thin and shapeless relative to the rest of her body so she often resembled a double-stick Popsicle to me. 😼

And again I noted TJ's gigantic hands. In this movie sometimes it seemed like they had a life of their own and he didn't know what to do with them. Hee.

Verdict: 4/10, would not watch again.

I would make these points about most of the Lifetime movies.  I watch them when there's not much else on tv (I don't stream anything) and watching the D-level actors do crazy stuff.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I would make these points about most of the Lifetime movies.  I watch them when there's not much else on tv (I don't stream anything) and watching the D-level actors do crazy stuff.   

They were having Rizzoli and Isles for a while. That's the only thing I watched on there.

• Love 3

Long ago Lifetime used to have a range of original movies then they started churning out these "thriller" TV movies as fast as Hallmark's never ending "romcoms". When people used to make fun of Lifetime advertising themselves as a channel for women at least they had watchable programming. 

It all reminds me of the downturn in quality soaps have been on for so many years when at one time they were able to tell social issue stories without them turning into a disaster of their own. I hate that Theo became a victim of one RC tried to write. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Long ago Lifetime used to have a range of original movies then they started churning out these "thriller" TV movies as fast as Hallmark's never ending "romcoms". When people used to make fun of Lifetime advertising themselves as a channel for women at least they had watchable programming. 

It all reminds me of the downturn in quality soaps have been on for so many years when at one time they were able to tell social issue stories without them turning into a disaster of their own. I hate that Theo became a victim of one RC tried to write. 

Yeah, their police procedurals used to be laughable but in recent years, they've made them a lot more believable.

• Love 2

Well I for one will be sorry to see TJ/Theo go, especially since he's apparently about to climb up some Abbott a$$ over the way they've treated him during Dina's departure. Guess the show had to get rid of somebody to pay for Nina's return. (Which presumably will include more visibility for her pal Christine too.)

ETA: Wow, fans on another soap forum are already making a case to bring Tyler over to B&B as Deacon's long-lost son. That would connect him to Hope without making him a romantic possibility for her and give an alternative to Liam and Wyatt. I could get behind it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11

From Deadline Hollywood:

EXCLUSIVE: Production on CBS’ daytime drama The Young and the Restless is slated to proceed as planned despite two people testing positive for the coronavirus, I have learned.

According to sources, an email was sent to production crew yesterday informing them that the “production received two new positive test results for COVID-19 on November 1, 2020 and the individuals have begun self-isolation.” Additionally, “the affected areas of the production will be deep cleaned and disinfected,” the letter said. “Contact tracing has been completed and those individuals who were in who were in close contact with the affected individuals have been notified. The production will take steps to respect all affected workers’ privacy.”

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 6

Art sort of imitating life? From SOD online:

Y&R’s Donny Boaz (Chance) Reveals Covid-19 Diagnosis

In a post on Instagram, Donny Boaz (Chance, Y&R) revealed that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus and had to take a short break from the show. “I have a little news to share,” he wrote. “A few weeks ago, I tested positive for COVID 19. Thankfully, I did not have any symptoms. In following guidelines, I quarantined at home so you may not see me on Y&R for a bit. I’m happy to say I’ve returned to work and will be back on the air very soon. Thank you for your continued support.”

Here's the link to the actor's Instagram post.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2020 at 10:04 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Art sort of imitating life? From SOD online:

Here's the link to the actor's Instagram post.

In the nicest way possible, what a dick.  He doesn't "believe" in masks.  Seems Covid doesn't give a rats ass what he "believes".

• Love 15

In the nicest way possible, what a dick.  He doesn't "believe" in masks.  Seems Covid doesn't give a rats ass what he "believes".

And if only that were the worst of it. I'd be surprised if some of the cast haven't refused to work with him given some disparaging stuff he allegedly posted on social media.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And if only that were the worst of it. I'd be surprised if some of the cast haven't refused to work with him given some disparaging stuff he allegedly posted on social media.

Yeah. I don't usually post here (though I often lurk), but I had to chime in because I've seen some of the things he's posted and liked on social media, and he seems like a really nasty piece of work. I know that recently Cait and Camryn have made it pretty clear that they don't think highly of him, and I can't imagine that they're the only ones who feel that way.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I think Donny seems like a really nice guy. I didn’t see anything on his Instagram that was negative. About anyone or anything. Not even Camryn. 

The particular bit re: Cait and Camryn was in response to what I believe was the official Y&R twitter account trying to get some love for Chance after he was shot. Both of them replied to that tweet in a less than warm and fuzzy way. The other stuff to which I was referring was, at least at one point, on Twitter as well. I don't know if it still is or not, but it irrevocably changed my view of the guy.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I think Donny seems like a really nice guy. I didn’t see anything on his Instagram that was negative. About anyone or anything. Not even Camryn. 

Facebook has tons, not about cast members though.

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

So who was the second Y&R member who got COVID?

So far, that's been kept private, as far as I know.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2