Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I loved the masquerade ball! I didn’t remember seeing it the first time so it was brand new to me. The budget must have been huge back in the day. The costumes are gorgeous as is the set. How fab to see Katherine, Rex, Colonel Austin, Heather Thom as Vicky etc. Everyone was so young! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

Was a cast member dressed up as Little Orphan Annie or was that an extra? I was so distracted! I need to know. LOL

I believe that was Nina’s mother. Actress Sharon Farrell

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’ve set my PVR to record Murder She Wrote, which airs daily where I live. I’m watching an episode that recorded last fall (I don’t watch every day ... it’s a rainy day comfort food kind of show). It’s from 1986 and Eric Braeden is playing an East German secret police officer.

Edited by catalogrrr
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, catalogrrr said:

I’ve set my PVR to record Murder She Wrote, which airs daily where I live. I’m watching an episode that I recorded last fall (I don’t want every day ... it’s a rainy day comfort food kind of show). It’s from 1986 and Eric Braeden is playing an East German secret police officer.

Is that the one where they're all locked down in  an embassy or something? And there is something about roses?

• Love 3

OMG, "Murder, She Wrote" is my current TV obsession! I wasn't into it when it aired, but I'm loving watching it now. Angela Lansbury is a national treasure, akin to Betty White.

On topic: I forgot how spectacular the show used to be, until I saw Friday's blast from the past episode. Wow, the quality has really gone downhill in the last few decades. It was opulent. I also forgot the madass crush I had on Danny. I thought he was perfection. Gina singing, so many familiar faces from the past, it was just so nice to see. I'm glad they're sharing the past with us. 

• Love 8

Yeah I wasn't watching back then but it's fun to see the costumes and sets. I wish GH would do that but their 'classic' episodes are either from earlier this year or 2-3 years ago at best. 😞

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Yeah I wasn't watching back then but it's fun to see the costumes and sets. I wish GH would do that but their 'classic' episodes are either from earlier this year or 2-3 years ago at best. 😞

I was hooked on the whole Luke, Laura, Robert Scorpio and Blackie glamorama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I'm guessing CBS must've released a statement bts because a number of soap sites made this announcement at almost the same time. Many of these announcements have almost identical language, and as usual, the tabloid-y sites appear to be quoting each other. It's so goofy to me but I guess for the smaller sites clickbait is their lifeblood.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It's not perfect but I think I would have to go with House 6. Mostly in the hopes that Nikki will get tired of some of her jewelry and handbags and will give them to me. Kevin and Fen could be fun. I like Kevin, anyway. Lily isn't annoying this time around. Nick can be easy to ignore half the time. The only real dud is Christine but hopefully she can go quarantine in another room somewhere. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I'd choose House 4 and turn it immediately into a "Who Killed ButtBiscuit Billy Boy Nostrildumbass Abbot".  

The case would be solved immediately - unless Paul or Rey were in charge - and I'd be moved away from the rest of those nudniks.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

I'd choose House 4 and turn it immediately into a "Who Killed ButtBiscuit Billy Boy Nostrildumbass Abbot".  

The case would be solved immediately - unless Paul or Rey were in charge - and I'd be moved away from the rest of those nudniks.

It's not that you're in there with Adam but he's in there with YOU.

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, pearlite said:

House 1 for me. Alone on my island of fondness for Victor, I'll join that group and Vic and I can conspire to get rid of Amanda.

Plus, I get Traci!

I've never hated Victor. My gran, who I used to watch with, adored him. So for her, I pick house numero uno. I would be a co-conspirator. Know of any hard to detect poison?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

House 3, with Jack and Mariah.  Chloe is the only annoying person there.  The rest are inoffensive and maybe, just maybe, Chance and Chloe could reignite their epic love affair while Mariah and I tag team them with snark and Jack bites his lower lip and grimaces.  Under his mask, of course.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Sorry that people have lost their jobs but I'm honestly surprised the magazines lasted this long. How was there enough content to fill an entire magazine when ABC has only one soap and CBS has two?  Anyway, I wish the staff of both magazines all the best and hope they find other jobs.

• Love 12

Hey! Thought you all would get a kick out of this. The other half and I had a rough week while my work dried up and his (both working from home in a one bedroom apt!) ramped up a lot! He did this as a surprise for me: https://www.cameo.com/v/CLhUyPU1u?fbclid=IwAR2-AjqJkFayUUf7I9oJArA9HWWJoRrjMrpXpOX2KQb5sMdhAlOAU4E-kfk

To clarify I didn't "like" what Ashley went through in that Adam storyline but hubby only watches because of me--and he knew ED from Housewives--and I was describing that weird, twisted plot to him one coronavirus evening over wine LOL! I suspect that's when he set this up. 

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Hey! Thought you all would get a kick out of this. The other half and I had a rough week while my work dried up and his (both from home: one bedroom apt) ramped up, He did this as a surprise for me: https://www.cameo.com/v/CLhUyPU1u?fbclid=IwAR2-AjqJkFayUUf7I9oJArA9HWWJoRrjMrpXpOX2KQb5sMdhAlOAU4E-kfk

To clarify I didn't "like" what Ashley went through in that Adam storyline but hubby only watches because of me--and he knew ED from Housewives--and I was describing that weird, twisted plot to him one coronavirus evening over wine LOL! I suspect that's when he set this up. 

That is sooo cool! Your hubby is a doll!

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Hey! Thought you all would get a kick out of this. The other half and I had a rough week while my work dried up and his (both working from home in a one bedroom apt!) ramped up a lot! He did this as a surprise for me: https://www.cameo.com/v/CLhUyPU1u?fbclid=IwAR2-AjqJkFayUUf7I9oJArA9HWWJoRrjMrpXpOX2KQb5sMdhAlOAU4E-kfk

That's about as cool as it gets!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Awwwww....that was awesome!  Your hubby is so sweet to do that for you!

• Love 10

Okay, a tiny observation here, about CLB's root grow-in: I thought he wore more of a hairpiece, but look--there's a hairline.

I do agree about the oxydized reddish stuff on top when the lights hit it. Unavoidable, I guess, because grey or white hair is not very porous and won't absorb dye very easily. Not an expert, my friend/hairdresser told me.

And for those of us attuned to hair colour [my mother's sister was a hairdresser, and Ma Pearlite never went to a salon--Aunt Glamour showed up with a carton of Kools and the Roux products and they made a day of it], I refer you to the sheer magnificence of Drake Hogestyn's media-toned grey that replaced the oxy-brown. It's superb! The media-grey or white thing I learned about from an older brother who was doing a lot of TV at one point [he was blond like me], and hair and make-up toned out the yellow and upped the white sheen.

ETA: it was great to see Foghorn Leghorn the other day!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Bizarrely the CBS All Access Streaming App isn't including the vintage episodes anymore? No Friday, no Katherine series. Yet, on Twitter they (CBS All Access) are re-tweeting Y&R promo tweets!?

I wonder what the reason behind this is. I cut the cord years ago and thought I was showing my love by paying for the (at the time very new) CBS All Access streaming! If you're a tweeter feel free to tweet a complaint on my behalf...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Bizarrely the CBS All Access Streaming App isn't including the vintage episodes anymore? No Friday, no Katherine series. Yet, on Twitter they (CBS All Access) are re-tweeting Y&R promo tweets!?

I wonder what the reason behind this is. I cut the cord years ago and thought I was showing my love by paying for the (at the time very new) CBS All Access streaming! If you're a tweeter feel free to tweet a complaint on my behalf...

I'm not finding them on the CBS site either.  Like you, I cut the cord years ago.  I can only find the classic episodes on a couple of private sites as well as pretty crappy uploads on YT.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:18 PM, pearlite said:

Okay, a tiny observation here, about CLB's root grow-in: I thought he wore more of a hairpiece, but look--there's a hairline.

I thought it was a piece, too. And a bad one at that. Love CLB anyway.

2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

First I have to say thank you for sharing your ED special message. Your hubby is so sweet.

Where I live, outside of Gotham City, Y&R & B&B are preempted every day by NY's governor, NJ's governor and sometimes even NY's mayor. And my cable (Comcast - the world's worst) isn't putting up any of the vintage eps "on demand" which is how I usually watch and which I think is actually cbs' fault. I've searched online but can't find any way to see them. It really sucks. And just to add insult to injury, The Talk (and the other less offensive crap after it) is on every damn day.

• Love 1

B&B usually gets preempted in my market, but since all their "classics" go back to 2013 (or what I used to consider the lowest point in B&B until last year) so far, that's not a big loss.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 5/2/2020 at 5:31 PM, Anna Yolei said:

B&B usually gets preempted in my market, but since all their "classics" go back to 2013 (or what I used to consider the lowest point in B&B until last year) so far, that's not a big loss.

I don't consider any episode with Steffy a classic.

• LOL 10
7 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Man, I miss me some Billy Miller. I didn't recognize him at first with the darker hair but then I heard that voice. I wish he would come back to Y&R.

The real Billy. The ONLY good Billy. The one who had chemistry with CK Lily. Miss him.

• Love 14

I'd honestly take back David Tom or the Dirty Tan Sofa version of Billy back over JT. David I think got jettisoned after two weeks before he could even have a chance to gel and  IIRC the latter left because Jill Fire'em Phelps couldn't work around the fact that his wife was battling cancer at the time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I liked me some "Cowboy Billy" as I liked to call him. Maybe he didn't fit Genoa City, but he was starting to grow on me as Billy (if I couldn't have that sweet Billy Miller 😊 )

Burgess Jenkins is the actor. he's listed on Imdb as being in the role about a year and a half.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

I liked me some "Cowboy Billy" as I liked to call him. Maybe he didn't fit Genoa City, but he was starting to grow on me as Billy (if I couldn't have that sweet Billy Miller 😊 )

Burgess Jenkins is the actor. he's listed on Imdb as being in the role about a year and a half.

I liked him too. I couldn't stand DT after BM left but BJ was different. He really seemed like an Abbott to me.

• Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I liked him too. I couldn't stand DT after BM left but BJ was different. He really seemed like an Abbott to me.

Poor DT was just awful when he came back. To be fair I wasn't  really watching much the first time he was on but he just seemed to play the role as too much of a kid when he returned. To me, Billy Miller had it all as an Abbott...looks charm and that smile!😍 But yeah, I thought BJ could have been (was) a pretty good Billy. Of course the writing didn't do  him a lot of favors at the time either...nor did that nasty piece of work Jill Fire'em Phelps.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10