Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I hope Misheal was not badly hurt. I'm curious to see Karla in the role, she's super cute.

She is. She looks almost exactly like Veronica from Archie Comics 

F8FC10C8-3B9B-42FC-A79A-3FE18340B7CA.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

The 2021 Daytime Emmy nominations have been announced. Here are the major ones for Y&R:

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
The Young and the Restless CBS

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Melissa Claire Egan as Chelsea Lawson

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
ZERO, ZIP, NADA! None of the men on Y&R merited a lead actor nomination! Looking at you, JT. 😉

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Marla Adams as Dina Mergeron
Courtney Hope as Sally Spectra  (this is actually a B&B nomination)

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Bryton James as Devon Hamilton CBS

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES
Alyvia Alyn Lind as Faith Newman CBS

Y&R also got nominated for OUTSTANDING ORIGINAL SONG, for a tune Tessa (Cait Fairbanks) sang called "More Than a Vow." I didn't remember it so here it is on YouTube:

Congratulations to the nominees!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m bummed to learn that MM isn’t fired and will be coming back because I also prefer this current actress.

Also, did TPTB shitcan the former Chance for his irresponsible anti-COVID rhetoric? Hey, a girl can dream...

• Love 8
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

I’m bummed to learn that MM isn’t fired and will be coming back because I also prefer this current actress.

Also, did TPTB shitcan the former Chance for his irresponsible anti-COVID rhetoric? Hey, a girl can dream...

Supposedly, that's what did happen.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, boes said:

Supposedly, that's what did happen.  

Well good for them, for once they did the right thing! I thought scAbby had fine chem with her real life hubby, just put him in once I awhile, we don't need a f/t Chance, his character is boring AF.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

Well good for them, for once they did the right thing! I thought scAbby had fine chem with her real life hubby, just put him in once I awhile, we don't need a f/t Chance, his character is boring AF.

Or just kill Chance off.  Today's show with its lovey dovey everything is fine recorded speechlets for Chance by each person at the mausoleum made it seem like the usual prelude to disastrous events on this show. 

The whole episode seemed slightly off & made me wonder if they had another COVID case on set so they went back to each person standing in one spot, delivering a speechlet, then moving on to the next character.  Jack, Tara, Sharon, Faith, Moses, ReyRey, Mikey & Chelsea's scenes were delivered like that too.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

They'll probably hire Steve Burton to play Chance.  I swear Dylan and Chance are the same character.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

They'll probably hire Steve Burton to play Chance.  I swear Dylan and Chance are the same character.

Please, no, TPTB.  That would be going from Dull to Duller.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 5/25/2021 at 6:16 PM, boes said:

giphy.gif

Stupid Academy....

Dummer as best actress. Nuff said>

On 5/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, boes said:

On 5/26/2021 at 1:33 PM, gingerella said:

I didn't hate her hubby in the role.

18 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Shut your mouth! He belonga GH - he can only frack up one show at a time.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Maybe cop Chance would be an excuse to have Paul around and get rid of Rey.... or he could be a PI. Hell the way the show  works Chance will have renewed spermatozoa and he can carry the next baby or  Abby will get pregers natch. It happens - even to MO and hubby.

People adopt a baby and then get a miracle  baby.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/27/2021 at 2:07 PM, crowsworks said:

People adopt a baby and then get a miracle  baby.

I know a couple of people this happened to.  And Phyllis & Victoria were both told they couldn't get pregnant naturally or at all, but they did, in record time.  

Maybe Abby will pull a Hillary/Hilaria Baldwin and have a baby less than 6 mos from when the surrogate gives birth so the babies can grow up tighter than "Irish twins".

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I was searching Twitter for stuff regarding an awful recast Days made in the early 2000's and came across this tweet.

Edited by Jaded
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

On Wednesday, Michael Muhney posted a trailer for his new Apple TV+ series TRUTH BE TOLD:

Michael Muhney @michaelmuhney

Here it comes y’all!

Set your calendars for @TruthBeTold on @AppleTV this August 20th!!!!!!!

Woooohooo

Truth Be Told @TruthBeTold

Buried secrets are starting to come back… #TruthBeTold Season 2 premieres August 20, only on Apple TV+ #AppleOriginals

Guess I'll finally be adding Apple TV to watch 😃.  

ETA Muhney sighting: at :43 in I see Michael's blue eye spying and he's definitely playing a bad guy 

Edited by dbklmt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yay! Kate Hudson, the worst actress ever. I wouldn't miss it! I loved how horrible she was in Skeleton Key.

giphy.gif

I think she heard that......

• LOL 14

Huh, if Stitch is coming back does that mean Chance isn't? I don't see them having two guys circling Abby. Maybe he'll be for Elena instead. 😐

Wonder if Stitch's kid Damien 2.0 is coming back too? Maybe he'll push Mariah down the stairs. (I keed, I keed.) Or they could SORAS Max to a teenager and put him in Faith's orbit. He could be an interesting counterpoint to Moses.

To refresh my memory about I Stitch I had a look at his bio on SoapCentral and under children it has this line: "Female miscarriage with Abby April, 2016." WTAF? I feel like I want to track down the person (using the term loosely) who wrote that line and punch them in the face. Come at me, douchebag.

• Love 10
(edited)
24 minutes ago, deirdra said:

WHY???  We certainly don't need three doctors in GC when there is barely work for one.

He's just moving back for the free donuts in the break room.  All the other Doctor goodies, like that engagement ring and the plethora of teddy bears have been scarfed up by St. Elena of the Pursed Lips and Sexual Healing.

Stitch loves Donuts...Season 5 Eating GIF by The Simpsons

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

To refresh my memory about I Stitch I had a look at his bio on SoapCentral and under children it has this line: "Female miscarriage with Abby April, 2016." WTAF? I feel like I want to track down the person (using the term loosely) who wrote that line and punch them in the face. Come at me, douchebag.

Um, yeah, murder by a bad seed psychopath kid. I don't feel bad typing that because Stitch's kid was psychopath, and probably still is.

• Love 9

Stitch loves Donuts...

Aw, ease up on my guy Stitch. I think he has a fine body for a guy pushing 50. It's a typical dad bod, or at least it was. I guess we'll have to see how it looks now when he's back in GC.

I keep checking back on SC to see if they've changed that description on Abby's miscarriage and nope, it's still there. Am debating whether I want to go Karen on their a$$es,,,

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I know I'm at a table for one but I always enjoy a good psycho kid story line.

Now if they would get the OD boy from the clinic and Granma Phil's little ginger (Daniel's) grand baby Lucy. Who was originally adopted by Mop and Billy and taken from them - mostly by Phyliss, as a red-haired cray raped Daniel and he wanted to leave the child with them.

I could see a bitter teen Lucy insinuating herself into Mop's family. She could be the bad girl plotting against Faith too.

Nah, that might be good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I know I'm at a table for one but I always enjoy a good psycho kid story line.

In that case, how about if it's lil' Hausenpheffer who is the mastermind in his own "Who's the Daddy" storyline, and he's the one controlling Ashland and Tara?  He has a pathological dislike of men with bouffants and he's going around the country, eliminating them one by one.....

When he finally forces Kyle to get a buzzcut and just for kicks, shoves soccer balls up ButtBiscuit's proboscis, he and his parents leave town to bring justice and decent hair care to another town in need of a short tousle-headed overlord.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

When he finally forces Kyle to get a buzzcut and just for kicks, shoves soccer balls up ButtBiscuit's proboscis, he and his parents leave town to bring justice and decent hair care to another town in need of a short tousle-headed overlord.

I for one, welcome our Tousled Headed Overlords.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 5/25/2021 at 12:52 PM, peacheslatour said:

You've got to be kidding me!

Late to this party but if MCE was Jacqueline Wood's stiffest competition, it's no wonder she won! Dear Lord. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Major announcement from Michael Muhney today:

On Friday, Michael made a major career announcement that he'll be appearing in Wes Anderson's new movie FATHER'S DAY. Anderson directed major films like THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS, RUSHMORE, & GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL.

Michael Muhney @michaelmuhney

Very happy to announce I’ll be starring for Wes Anderson as Officer Silverstein in an upcoming film titled “Father’s Day”

He even got his hair cut getting rid of the long hair that he's had.

image.png.52db3c477360e113c752addce60ba4c2.png

image.png.c11590b291b0aea4a5d4a6e449217cbc.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Hmmmm. I am not up on actors in his age range that could replace Kyle. I didn't not like this actor, his face just irked me. I didn't mind his Johnny Bravo bouffant though. 

Michael Muhney is a weirdo freak dumbass. Ah-hem, carry on.

• Love 4

I thought of someone for nuKyle. I nominate Robert Palmer Watkins. He even worked with Richard Burgi on General Hospital playing father and son. Of course, Jason Thompson also worked with him but I’ll give him a pass on that. LOL!!!!

• Love 7

Prime Time Emmy Awards nominations have been announced.

Guest Actress in a Drama Series

Alexis Bledel (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)

Claire Foy (“The Crown”)

McKenna Grace (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)

Sophie Okonedo (“Ratched”)

Phylicia Rashad (“This Is Us”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Prime Time Emmy Awards nominations have been announced.

Guest Actress in a Drama Series

Alexis Bledel (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)

Claire Foy (“The Crown”)

McKenna Grace (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)

Sophie Okonedo (“Ratched”)

Phylicia Rashad (“This Is Us”)

McKenna was terrific in it.

Claire Foy?  Her role as Queen Elizabeth seems so long ago for her to be nominated now.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, boes said:

Claire Foy?  Her role as Queen Elizabeth seems so long ago for her to be nominated now.

She got nominated because they had one episode in the current season that involved the fiery death of Lord  Mountbatten who was related to both Prince Phillip and Queen Elizabeth.  Prince Charles was thinking about him at his funeral and the memories were recreated using the original people that played Prince Phillip (Matt Smith) and Queen Elizabeth (Claire Foy).  That's why she was nominated as a Guest Actress as was Charles Dance who played Lord Mountbatten for Guest Actor.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, dbklmt said:

She got nominated because they had one episode in the current season that involved the fiery death of Lord  Mountbatten who was related to both Prince Phillip and Queen Elizabeth.  Prince Charles was thinking about him at his funeral and the memories were recreated using the original people that played Prince Phillip (Matt Smith) and Queen Elizabeth (Claire Foy).  That's why she was nominated as a Guest Actress as was Charles Dance who played Lord Mountbatten for Guest Actor.   

Thank you!  Now I remember.  She was so good in that (and everything).

• Love 4