Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

If this has already been covered please point me in the right direction--but is it true during the COVID-19 Y&R will do one vintage episode a week to draw out what's filmed a little longer?

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

If this has already been covered please point me in the right direction--but is it true during the COVID-19 Y&R will do one vintage episode a week to draw out what's filmed a little longer?

That's news to me but what a good idea!

• Love 2

I haven't seen it reported on any of the reputable soap sites. Right now it's mostly just the more tabloid-y sites quoting each other, and their info seems largely based on comments I've seen on soap forums. Allegedly some of the cast is posting info about it on their twitter feeds but I don't follow any of them so....

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

Eh, the site referenced in that link is one of the tabloid-y soap sites that primarily deal in hearsay and gossip from other soap sites. That article doesn't cite anything official and mainly points to two cast members who are relatively backburnered.

I think odds are extremely good the classic episodes are indeed going to air but there does not appear to be any official word from CBS or TPTB at Y&R yet.

• Love 1

So in Canada today we got a repeat  of the ep of the first day of the 50th NE party from just a few weeks ago.  I would love to have seen the classic ep above.  I guess I will watch it on a US channel.

• Love 3
(edited)

I’ve seen the wedding before when it originally aired and several times afterwards. I remember thinking Roberta Leighton was so hot back then. I was really into more so than Nikki. Unfortunately, the last time she was on the show she destroyed her face with the plastic surgery. Just awful. 

Also, it was great seeing the Newman ranch. That was a great set. I forget who’s stupid idea it was to burn it down but I think they’re gone now.  Brenda Dickson was on fire as Jill. She played the hell out of that role. Even, when she got a little kooky at the end she was always enjoyable as Jill.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6
On 4/3/2020 at 10:22 PM, ByaNose said:

I’ve seen the wedding before when it originally aired and several times afterwards. I remember thinking Roberta Leighton was so hot back then. I was really into more so than Nikki. Unfortunately, the last time she was on the show she destroyed her face with the plastic surgery. Just awful. 

Also, it was great seeing the Newman ranch. That was a great set. I forget who’s stupid idea it was to burn it down but I think they’re gone now.  Brenda Dickson was on fire as Jill. She played the hell out of that role. Even, when she got a little kooky at the end she was always enjoyable as Jill.

I think burning down the ranch was a decision from the brain trust of Maria Arena Bell.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yep, MAB messed up Show. She messed it up real good.

and, she is actually apart of the real family who created the show. How she wasn't banished from the family after that is a mystery to me.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

MAB only married into the Bell family so it's not as if she had a chance to inherit the soap-writing gene. If there even is such a gene because if so it must've skipped a generation given the situation over on B&B. 😒

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, spinxella said:

mZCAig.jpg

I'm so happy they're all okay and so very appreciative of them sharing their story.  They seem like really nice and grounded people.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I didn't know Jordi's wife is  Bailee Madison's sister. I'm glad Jordi and his family are recovering.

I definitely thought that Jordi was closer to age 50 than 40.  He looks so much better in this vid than he does on the show.  What are they doing to him on Y and R that makes him look so old and pretty much like Mario Cantone?

This was a very real and impactful post that they made, and I think it is quite helpful.  People don't know what this disease is and means outside of having to staying home.  It is brave of them to share their story.  They are a sweet couple.  This must have been so traumatic for all of them to get the virus. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

CBS/Y&R announced another classic episode to air today (Friday, April 10):

My area is getting the COVID press conference this morning (they've usually been happening in our afternoon) so Y&R isn't airing here. I hope CBS is going to put this episode up on cbs.com like they did the wedding last week. I don't think I've seen this one.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Neil and Dru on their honeymoon. 1993. Yup! I remember it well. Good times!

These Friday shows are so much more interesting and enjoyable than anything at ALL that we’ve seen in the past 10 years. I believe that if the soaps run out of already filmed episodes before they are able to return to filming, the soaps are done. They will never recover.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, spinxella said:

It's rumored that Sasha Calle was fired. She taped her last scenes already. Lola returns to Miami.

Tyler Johnson is still here for now... but Theo's time may be running out.

I don't like this.  I liked Lola, a lot, for a long time.  Kyle ruined it with Dummer's help.  Show must know something I don't because IMO Dummer drags things down as much as Phyllis does.  

I'm with jewel21 - lose Kyle and Dummer if the herd needs thinning.  And it goes without saying that Theo can be dismantled for parts ASAP.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 4/10/2020 at 2:26 AM, bannana said:

I definitely thought that Jordi was closer to age 50 than 40.  He looks so much better in this vid than he does on the show.  What are they doing to him on Y and R that makes him look so old and pretty much like Mario Cantone?

My guess?  Probably the same thing that ages women on TV, too much stage makeup.

• Love 8

I was actually warming to the "Theo" character; and there could have been a story to be mined with Theo and Lola...Kyle getting jealous.  Maybe with a different Kyle - this one is really dull.  I guess now we know who wins the competition Jack set up between Theo and Kyle.  And didn't the actress who plays Summer get a show that will air on prime time? I much prefer watching Lola to Summer.

• Love 11

Meh, that rumor about the actress who plays Lola has circulated once or twice before. The Theo actor may be contract renegotiations. I'll believe it when I see this news reported on a reputable soap media site. (Also, the site I usually go to for the BTS dirt is silent on this.)

Have to say though, it does look like the MWTs are running out of storyline for Lola. I think Kyle needs a foil though and putting him up against Billy (again) or Adam would not be believable to me. He's still wet behind the ears. They probably need to do more with Theo than have him be the thorn in Kyle's side.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Gam2 said:

These Friday shows are so much more interesting and enjoyable than anything at ALL that we’ve seen in the past 10 years. I believe that if the soaps run out of already filmed episodes before they are able to return to filming, the soaps are done. They will never recover.

Oddly enough Days won't have this issue as they have new episodes till October.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

I was actually warming to the "Theo" character; and there could have been a story to be mined with Theo and Lola...Kyle getting jealous.  Maybe with a different Kyle - this one is really dull.  I guess now we know who wins the competition Jack set up between Theo and Kyle.  And didn't the actress who plays Summer get a show that will air on prime time? I much prefer watching Lola to Summer.

Hunter King (Summer) says she'll be doing both shows.....and since this primetime show is just a pilot, there's no guarantee it will be picked up.  Just my opinion, but the premise of the show she's going to be starring in sounds really dumb.....I can't believe it would gain any sort of popularity and actually be picked up, but stranger things have happened, I guess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Sasha has totallty wiped her IG and twitter accounts of anything to do with YR. I think she is a goner and thought as soon as they mentioned a restaurant in Miami. I sure won't miss her, I do wish Theo was going with her too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think the handwriting was on the wall for Lola and Theo when the writers tore Lola/Kyle apart in a week after their epic love story. One week Kyle was totally in love with his wife and the next he was “Who”? I had whiplash from the story change and knew then that these writers didn’t have the talent to write for these younger actors. A pox on them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

During this shelter in place, quarantine we were watched some old America's Next Top Model when they did the first (2nd?) season that included male models. This was pretty far into the show's run when the initial buzz/guilty pleasure aspect had kind of run its course. Current Adam (Mark Grossman) was in the first episode auditioning! He was of the models who didn't even make the cut to get into the house and the competition proper. He pretty much looked exactly the same as he does now on the show.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 4
On 4/11/2020 at 2:33 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

the premise of the show she's going to be starring in sounds really dumb

From the little I read it sounds like a Dr. Quinn, medicine woman type of show. And that only worked because of Jane Seymour and Joe Lando. Plus Orson Bean 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

From the little I read it sounds like a Dr. Quinn, medicine woman type of show. And that only worked because of Jane Seymour and Joe Lando. Plus Orson Bean 😄

It does sound like that!  Except I think in this show, she's a teacher.

I couldn't tell if it was pioneer days or more "modern" times.....but I just can't imagine it being picked up.  Stranger things have happened, though.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Did they have boobs in the Old West?!?

Oh yeah! Just check out Gunsmoke. Miss Kitty and her girls were all rather zaftig. And TAWP Colleen on Dr Quinn? Dayum she was gifted lol!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So tomorrow (Friday, US) the classic episode to be aired will be a 1991 masquerade ball:

Not sure if I've seen this episode. I'll be curious to see what the big deal was.

I think it's a good one!  Lots of gone but not forgotten people in it!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3