Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

This might be faint praise, but I thought he was the best of the Kyles.  

I think so, too.  I liked him with Lola, a lot.  Though I liked her more.  The better the scene partner, Jack, Dina, etc., the better he was.  He and Dummer brought out the worst in each other, both as characters and in acting.  When Lil' Hausenpheffer showed up he sank like a stone under the weight of that schmoopy sentimentality.

Edited by boes
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Michael Mealor has cut off his Kyle hair. New beginnings.

16090A98-07D3-4D60-9E6A-2711C51691E1.jpeg

11 minutes ago, rcc said:

He looks so much better.

He probably had to, couldn't get his head in the car with that bouffant.

• LOL 17
18 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

MM looks much much better!  

Is he off the show now as he hasn’t been on screen for a few days?

Not yet, he has a few weeks at least.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

How about Hunter King? Is she off-off?

For now. She landed a starring role in a prime time pilot, so if it gets picked up she likely won’t come back. For that reason alone I hope her new show is a huge success!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I guess he is done taping if he cut his hair.

Ha!  You're right.  Show should have about 4-5, maybe even 6 weeks already filmed.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

MM looks very handsome with his haircut!

I didn’t know he was leaving. Are we getting a new Kyle?

No word on that, at least that I've heard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I guess we’ll have to see how this plays (the current storyline) out if we get a nuKyle and/or nuSummer. They might replace them or give them a rest. I think they need a Summer to tie Nick & Phyllis together. They also need to add a nuKyle because once again the Abbott house will be very empty. I’m still not even sure if Hunter King is really gone. It seems like she filmed a pilot which could sell or not. It seems that Michel Mealor just totally left. I’m curious to see what happens on the casting front. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I guess we’ll have to see how this plays (the current storyline) out if we get a nuKyle and/or nuSummer. They might replace them or give them a rest. I think they need a Summer to tie Nick & Phyllis together. They also need to add a nuKyle because once again the Abbott house will be very empty. I’m still not even sure if Hunter King is really gone. It seems like she filmed a pilot which could sell or not. It seems that Michel Mealor just totally left. I’m curious to see what happens on the casting front. 

It will be a little awkward if Kyle leaves and Tara and the kid are living there with Jack.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/29/2021 at 5:58 PM, peacheslatour said:

It will be a little awkward if Kyle leaves and Tara and the kid are living there with Jack.

Can the name Harrison leave the house? That name drives.me.up.a.wall.

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

He saw an organ grinder in Milan and thought he found his long lost brother?

image.png.6e89f36f4c3548042722916cd7b1eeca.png

He better hope Phyllis doesn't see this guy next!

3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Um, where’s Nick?

He got his zipper caught in London, gonna take him a while to figure that one out.

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

He'll only be there till Tara changes the locks.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Noah Newman has been recast:

First of all, let's get Lola back now so those two can make beautiful babies. Second, scroll down that twitter feed and check out some other photos of this guy. He is gorgeous. Good job, TPTB.

• Love 11

I always like Robert Adamson as Noah but they never gave him anything to do. I know Josh Morrow really liked him and was friends with him. In fact, I know JM is friends with all the people who play his kids. He always took on the role as father/friend with all of them. I get the feeling they wanted someone younger. That said, I have no idea if he’s younger or older then RA but he looks younger too me. I guess I’ll give him a try and see who they plan to hook him up with. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Noah Newman has been recast:

First of all, let's get Lola back now so those two can make beautiful babies. Second, scroll down that twitter feed and check out some other photos of this guy. He is gorgeous. Good job, TPTB.

Well hello there. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Robert Adamson is more my type than this new guy (and yes, he's pretty) might give the writers freedom to do more. I felt they just never wrote ANYTHING for Noah. When we didn't know what was up with the new Theo character? I thought maybe making him gay and get with Noah was the way to go. Did Noah do anything of note after Tessa dumped him?

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Robert Adamson is more my type than this new guy (and yes, he's pretty) might give the writers freedom to do more. I felt they just never wrote ANYTHING for Noah. When we didn't know what was up with the new Theo character? I thought maybe making him gay and get with Noah was the way to go. Did Noah do anything of note after Tessa dumped him?

Right? Why even bother casting a character that has been ignored lo, these many years? Yay, another S/L drops out of nowhere. 

• Love 7

Okay so a three second delay is my normal operating situation. 

It took me 15 seconds to realize that Noah recast was indeed not a Kyle recast. 

I completely forgot about Noah. I was all excited and already thinking about this new cute as heck normal looking Kyle. I already had a new Summer in my head all lined up for him. And then I realized Oh, NooAAAhhh. 

sigh

• LOL 10
On 8/31/2021 at 7:15 PM, peacheslatour said:

Right? Why even bother casting a character that has been ignored lo, these many years? Yay, another S/L drops out of nowhere. 

Maybe he'll be in a romantic triangle with his Dad for Phyllis.  

After all, she IS the most desirable wombat in all of Genoa City.  

Now WHO wouldn't want to see that play out??

• LOL 13

Back when they cast Kevin G. Schmidt as Noah, I was constantly confused until he was replaced.  He looked like a young David Tom (original Billy Abbott). My jaw would drop as I asked myself why one of them was kissing his niece like this or treating his stepmother like that, then have to stop and in my mind go up, down and across the family tree with many crisscrossing branches to remember who was who and who they were related to - I missed half the dialog doing that.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8

Didn't one of the Kyles (Hartley Sawyer AKA Lurch) stop by the bar upon arrival back in GC and try to pick up Phyllis, not knowing who she was?

I liked Lachlan Buchanan as Kyle. He was the only one who looked like he could be the product of Diane and Jack's sperm sample and acted like he knew all of his cousins, with no rooster comb to constantly distract me.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 9/3/2021 at 4:23 PM, deirdra said:

Back when they cast Kevin G. Schmidt as Noah, I was constantly confused until he was replaced.  He looked like a young David Tom (original Billy Abbott). My jaw would drop as I asked myself why one of them was kissing his niece like this or treating his stepmother like that, then have to stop and in my mind go up, down and across the family tree with many crisscrossing branches to remember who was who and who they were related to - I missed half the dialog doing that.

I find myself doing the up down across family tree thing also because I always think Summer is Jack's daughter, even though I am not a teamJackisSummer'sDaddy from back in the day. They have just always seemed like father daughter to me so I always think of Kyle and Summer as kissing cousins. Not siblings because I don't really connect Kyle as Jack's son but as his nephew (born to some unknown sibling of Jack because I don't even think of Kyle as being Traci/Ashley/Billy). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

When Phyllis learned that Summer might be Jack's daughter, she tried to seduce Kyle to distract him from sniffing around his maybe-sister (and yeah, there was a ladder involved).  I think that was FrankenKyle.  The Tinny-voiced Kyle before FrankenKyle was attracted to Phyllis and flirted with her, which is odd because Kyle knew his mother hated Phyllis.  But he also knows Summer's homicidal grandmother bashed his mom's head in with a rock and doesn't seem to mind, so there's that.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/2/2021 at 12:33 AM, boes said:

Maybe he'll be in a romantic triangle with his Dad for Phyllis.  

After all, she IS the most desirable wombat in all of Genoa City.  

Now WHO wouldn't want to see that play out??

OMG NOOOO xD

I think that frankly, Show should leave that to B&B. Was never a fan of Brooke Logan's "woe is me" stumbling into destiny crap but I get why men would be drawn to her despite this.

Phyllis OTOH is grating and obnoxious and petty on her best day. Nick wanted an escape after Cassie died so I get why he dealt with her bullshit, but I don't know why anyone else would except for a bang on a dumpster.

• LOL 10