Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

The person currently playing Chance is an actor and can have a level of ability to pretend to be something he is not under certain circumstances. He can also have a level of ability to avoid expressing bigoted beliefs and opinions on some social media while perhaps feeling freer to do so on others. He is known to have had to delete problematic Twitter posts which were called out not long after he was hired. He may have done that again. I think it's telling that he apparently doesn't back down from his bigotry, he just tries to get better at making his views less public and then painting himself as the victim who shouldn't have to face any criticism.

Every time I find myself wondering why TPTB haven't fired him, I remind myself that this is CBS, the network with its its own long record of inadequate treatment of racial minorities and other historically marginalized people.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Every time I find myself wondering why TPTB haven't fired him, I remind myself that this is CBS, the network with its its own long record of inadequate treatment of racial minorities and other historically marginalized people.

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

• Love 9
10 hours ago, boes said:

In the nicest way possible, what a dick.  He doesn't "believe" in masks.  Seems Covid doesn't give a rats ass what he "believes".

How do we know he doesn't believe in masks? I have gathered he is an asshole, so I could jump to that conclusion. But has he actually said this?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

How do we know he doesn't believe in masks? I have gathered he is an asshole, so I could jump to that conclusion. But has he actually said this?

Facebook posts.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, weathered1 said:

The particular bit re: Cait and Camryn was in response to what I believe was the official Y&R twitter account trying to get some love for Chance after he was shot. Both of them replied to that tweet in a less than warm and fuzzy way. The other stuff to which I was referring was, at least at one point, on Twitter as well. I don't know if it still is or not, but it irrevocably changed my view of the guy.

Well Camryn’s personal response to me as well as being one of the many in Hollywood who think they can tell Americans how to vote has irrevocably changed my opinion of her. So there’s that. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The person currently playing Chance is an actor and can have a level of ability to pretend to be something he is not under certain circumstances. He can also have a level of ability to avoid expressing bigoted beliefs and opinions on some social media while perhaps feeling freer to do so on others. He is known to have had to delete problematic Twitter posts which were called out not long after he was hired. He may have done that again. I think it's telling that he apparently doesn't back down from his bigotry, he just tries to get better at making his views less public and then painting himself as the victim who shouldn't have to face any criticism.

Wow. If you’re going to call someone a bigot, you should back that up with facts. Twitter is a cesspool. I left long ago  

I’m ready for Donny Boaz to come back as Real Chance. Not of fan of Fake Chance. 

I wonder if TIIC have a plan to keep shooting   Maybe move production somewhere else. I heard LA county was going to lockdown again.

Edited by Runningwild
  • Useful 3
On 12/1/2020 at 10:07 AM, Capricasix said:

Fake Chance is Melissa Ordway’s husband.

I liked Donny Bitchass as Chance but now that I know he’s an anti-masker douchenozzle, I’d be happy with any replacement, and I mean any...like even the worst actor would be fine with me if it means this asshole isn’t back.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Oh wow what's Evil Lives Here? It's a current anthology show? 

He grew up not far from me in Wisconsin, and when Facebook was new we added each other. Every so often he'll "like" a photo of mine or something and it'll surprise me because I forgot we were "friends" LOL

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Oh wow what's Evil Lives Here? It's a current anthology show? 

He grew up not far from me in Wisconsin, and when Facebook was new we added each other. Every so often he'll "like" a photo of mine or something and it'll surprise me because I forgot we were "friends" LOL

It's on the ID cable channel. It's a nonfiction documentary/reenactment true crime deal. I like it when there's not too much else on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yes. It was very sad. His brother was seriously messed up.

Where I live in Canada, it will be on ID on December 9th. The episode is called "The Soap Star's Secret" on Evil Lives Here. Thanks for the heads up, Peaches.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Any of those cheesy Hallmark or Lifetime movies recommended starring the Y&R cast? I saw one a couple years ago that had Jess Walton and Patrick Duffy (Bobby from Dallas) that was actually pretty cute. Not so interested in watching any with Donny Boaz.

Any word on if Theo will be recast of written off? Is there any dirt on why they let him go?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JasonCC said:

Any of those cheesy Hallmark or Lifetime movies recommended starring the Y&R cast? I saw one a couple years ago that had Jess Walton and Patrick Duffy (Bobby from Dallas) that was actually pretty cute. Not so interested in watching any with Donny Boaz.

Any word on if Theo will be recast of written off? Is there any dirt on why they let him go?

image.thumb.png.28b116a8b8e3faba462c6768bc27aa1e.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

That chart is so true!!  Plus...heroine must have long hair, usually with the two sausage curls hanging over each shoulder.  And good-looking male love interest (with maybe a couple exceptions) should have zero sex appeal.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Thing2 is an aficionado of broadcast TV Christmas movies. While we were cleaning up the kitchen after Thanksgiving dinner, 12 Pups of Christmas was droning in the background ... or should I say groaning in the background. Donny Boaz (Chance Chancellor) was the romantic male lead. Terrible movie. 

Incidentally, there's a Christmas Specials Wiki loaded with holiday treacle for every taste.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Thing2 is an aficionado of broadcast TV Christmas movies. While we were cleaning up the kitchen after Thanksgiving dinner, 12 Pups of Christmas was droning in the background ... or should I say groaning in the background. Donny Boaz (Chance Chancellor) was the romantic male lead. Terrible movie. 

Incidentally, there's a Christmas Specials Wiki loaded with holiday treacle for every taste.

In my family it's my DH. He just eats that shit up with a spoon. Meanwhile I'm in the other room watching my favorite Christmas movie - Die Hard.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

New Sally had a bit part in one I saw the other day.  She was the vapid current girlfriend that the blandly handsome guy dumps for the heroine.  And I was also half-watching Double Jeopardy (that 90's movie with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones), and Phyllis has a bit part in it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

New Sally had a bit part in one I saw the other day.  She was the vapid current girlfriend that the blandly handsome guy dumps for the heroine.  And I was also half-watching Double Jeopardy (that 90's movie with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones), and Phyllis has a bit part in it!

I saw that too! My god, TV really is a vast wasteland, isn't it?

• LOL 7

Detective Hard-On was in one of those Christmas movies!  He played the self-absorbed job-obsessed big-city boyfriend of the heroine before she dumps him for the blandly handsome earnest small-town guy.  I can't remember the name of the movie, but I'm pretty sure "Christmas" was in the title.  And there may have been a Tree-Lighting Festival involved in the plot.  Hope that narrows it down.    

• LOL 9
31 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Detective Hard-On was in one of those Christmas movies!  He played the self-absorbed job-obsessed big-city boyfriend of the heroine before she dumps him for the blandly handsome earnest small-town guy.  I can't remember the name of the movie, but I'm pretty sure "Christmas" was in the title.  And there may have been a Tree-Lighting Festival involved in the plot.  Hope that narrows it down.    

GoogleFu to the rescue!

Holiday Engagement

J'adore Detective Hard-On! Fascinated by Black Irishmen.

ChrisMc.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 12/8/2020 at 10:52 AM, peacheslatour said:

In my family it's my DH. He just eats that shit up with a spoon. Meanwhile I'm in the other room watching my favorite Christmas movie - Die Hard.

It ain't Christmas unless I hear Layla

When is Theo's last day? I keep reading he's leaving and yet I keep seeing him on the screen. I was worried that Sally was going to get stuck with him. 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

It ain't Christmas unless I hear Layla

When is Theo's last day? I keep reading he's leaving and yet I keep seeing him on the screen. I was worried that Sally was going to get stuck with him. 

Oddly, among all the items that stupify me into boredom on show at the moment, young Mr Bachelorette [never typed that before] Party Stripper isn't one. I'll miss him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I am stoked that Theo (aka dirty dickcheese because he always looks unclean, blerg!) is leaving and after yesterday's epi my guess is that he skulks away with the Paris company and 'leaves for Paris' and we'll get a recast at some point.

Sally is a fucking bitch and I don't need another Red Menace to grace this show, so no MWTs, send her back to B&B m'kay?!? Wait, before she goes she can implode Kummer, that would be nice. It's amazing how much more I liked Kyle with Chefy, and how much I loathe him with Dummer. And speaking of Dummer, Lauren, READ A ROOM BITCH! Jesus, it was like a neon sign the back and forth passive aggressiveness between Sally and Dummer.

Could Faith have hired a hit man for Adumb?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

With constant changes in her freakish facial expressions, Sally is going to be a mass of wrinkles by 40.  We already have arm-flailing Phyllis and we certainly do not need two over-acting dyed redheads.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

DIdn't see where this was posted but

I didn't know there was an original Mamie I thought the second one was the original all this time. Regardless RIP.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/marguerite-ray-dies-the-young-and-the-restless-actress-89-1234653702/

Marguerite Ray Dies: ‘The Young And The Restless’ Actress Was 89

Marguerite Ray, an actress who had a 10-year stint on The Young and the Restless and was a regular on Redd Foxx’s 1980s  Sanford and Son sequel series, has died. She was 89.

The East Bay Times posted an obituary for Ray disclosing that she died November 18 in Los Angeles.

She was born in New Orleans in 1931, graduating from Berkeley with a degree in Recreation and Theatre Arts before breaking into screen acting with roles in Bewitched, The Bill Cosby Show, Ironside, The Odd Couple and other popular series.

She appeared on Sanford and Son and was a regular on its 1980-81 sequel series Sanford, playing the wealthy widow girlfriend of star Foxx. Ray also appeared in three episodes of Dynasty before landing her key role as Mamie Johnson in The Young and the Restless, running from 1980-90.

She leaves behind her sister, Jacqueline Jackson, and sister-in-law, Cynthia Ray.

• Love 2

In the early days, Mamie2 wore her hair, clothes & demeanor a lot like Mamie1.  I was amazed that Marguerite Ray was only on Y&R for 10 years since she was such a fixture in my mind.  But she was probably on more as she was the Abbott children's mother figure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/7/2020 at 6:43 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Y&R/CBS has announced that Courtney Love Hope will be reprising her B&B role as Sally Spectra on Y&R. Guess that means she'll be interacting with Chelsea and Lauren. Wonder what guy they'll hook Sally up with? Hmm, Theo's available. So is Jack but she's way too young for him. Uhhhh, Billy?

Welp 😂👀

Given the options, Sally seems to be making the right choice. Cursed idea or not, Jack is 1000 steps up from Wyatt (I'm seriously blown away at how he made the most boneheaded romantic decision of 2020 and that is saying a lot when his brother is Liam motherfuckin' Spencer of all people) and has his sanity intact. I'm sure Y&R will screw it up but I'm willing to entertain it for a bit 👀

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yikes...

From SOD

THE LATEST

DONNY BOAZ OUT AT Y&R

January 31, 2021 7:21PM

In a lengthy Instagram post, Donny Boaz revealed that he has been let go from the role of Y&R’s Chance and his last airdate is tomorrow, February 1. “I’d love to say that this was my choice, that I’ve booked the next big project and leaving of my own accord… but that wouldn’t be the truth,” he posted, then detailed the timeline of his ouster. “Regardless the reason… I am not angry or bitter. I am sad. I invested a year of my life into a storyline and didn’t get to see it through. Overall, I am grateful and thankful for this amazing opportunity… I want to thank #yr for this amazing opportunity. I want to thank the fans. You all have been AMAZING. Thank you. I want to thank everyone associated with Y&R, my cast mates and the crew. You will be missed. I want to thank my agents and manager for bringing this opportunity into my life. We are optimistic for what is to come.” 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Yikes...

From SOD

THE LATEST

DONNY BOAZ OUT AT Y&R

January 31, 2021 7:21PM

In a lengthy Instagram post, Donny Boaz revealed that he has been let go from the role of Y&R’s Chance and his last airdate is tomorrow, February 1. “I’d love to say that this was my choice, that I’ve booked the next big project and leaving of my own accord… but that wouldn’t be the truth,” he posted, then detailed the timeline of his ouster. “Regardless the reason… I am not angry or bitter. I am sad. I invested a year of my life into a storyline and didn’t get to see it through. Overall, I am grateful and thankful for this amazing opportunity… I want to thank #yr for this amazing opportunity. I want to thank the fans. You all have been AMAZING. Thank you. I want to thank everyone associated with Y&R, my cast mates and the crew. You will be missed. I want to thank my agents and manager for bringing this opportunity into my life. We are optimistic for what is to come.” 

That's AMAZING!

I just watched a pretty bad movie today where Donny Boaz was one of the leads (Killer Cove, don't waste your time) and the entire time he was on screen he annoyed me just like he did on Y&R. So this is great news!

• Love 11

I like the chemistry between him and Melissa Ordway,  but after his COVID diagnosis, I’ve felt bad for her. It has to be very awkward being in scenes with someone who is as reckless with his and others’ health as he appears to be. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6