Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Funny thing is that while I liked Sasha. I actually liked the other actress who played her sister in law?! I can’t recall the actress name or the characters name but that girl had more dimension and popped off the screen. Of course, Y&R canned her because that’s what it does. They fire her and keep on Hunter King. Whatever!

I can't remember her name but I do remember the way she said Arrrrrrrrrrrrrturo. 

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Steve Burton / ex Dylan McAvoy is going viral for this

For context in a General Hospital scene actor Steve Burton rests his hand making a shape which some claim is intentionally the white power sign while he’s sitting next to black actress Vernee Watson-Johnson. 

Just for clarity I think it’s reach and am not dissing SB / ex Dylan but see how things that go viral on Tik Tok or LSA hit MSM after.

On 2/24/2021 at 10:46 AM, Runningwild said:

For those of you interested, tonight’s episode of Happy Days on METv features a very young KSJ. 

I still miss him and feel so much story is diminished without him. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Oooh is right! Loved him on Another World back in the day- he’s yummy.

I loved him on One West Waikiki with Cheryl Ladd too. I wish that show had lasted longer.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Apologies for going off topic with WandaVision and thanks for moving the posts! I thought that as I wrote them that I probably needed to head over to small talk with it. I have a couple loading issues on that thread though so don't venture into it a lot.

No worries, we have all had our own tangents.

• LOL 1
(edited)

From Soap Opera Network: Veteran Producer Susan Banks Joins ‘The Young and the Restless’ Writing Team

“The Young and the Restless” welcomed back former CBS promotions director Susan Banks to the fold, only this time as a writer on the writing team. Her first script aired today, March 1.

“Writing for the show is a thrilling ride that challenges my creative juices every week,” said Banks in a statement. “Bill and Lee [Phillip] Bell are icons of the television industry whose love, mentorship and support I have always cherished. It is an honor to be a part of their soap family and the legacy that has continued for almost 48 years.”

In 1989, Banks received a Daytime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Achievement in Graphics & Main Title Design” for her work on “Y&R.” She was also the executive producer of “CBS Soap Break,” a half-hour series aired from 1995-1996 that brought viewers up close and behind the scenes with their favorite CBS soap stars. She received a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing – Special Class in 1996 for her work. She oversaw production aspects of “The Daytime Emmy Awards” in 1993, 1998 and 2002, respectively.

“What a delight to return home to work with the amazing cast and characters of one of the greatest, never-ending stories ever told,” noted Banks of the soap’s legacy. “The drama, rich with passion, intrigue, mystery and romance has captivated the hearts of many through the years. I hope you, too, will share the magic and tune in to see my opening credit on my premiere episode. Who knows…you might even get hooked!”

Since leaving CBS in the early 2000s, Banks co-created, executive produced, wrote and was the executive in charge of production for a TV One anthology series (2014’s “Fright Night Files” and 2015’s “Fear Files”) and was the executive producer of “TV One on One” from 2004-2013. She also EP’d several TV One television movies, most recently “Coins for Love” starring Essence Atkins.

There is speculation out there that Banks is being slotted in to replace current EP/HW, Josh Griffith, eventually.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

From Soap Opera Network: Veteran Producer Susan Banks Joins ‘The Young and the Restless’ Writing Team

There is speculation out there that Banks is being slotted in to replace current EP/HW, Josh Griffith, eventually.

If true I hope she has thick skin in regards to the asshats out there especially on social media. I bring it up because of their reactions to people brining up the way the show was handling storylines involving non white characters.

• Love 2

While channel-surfing I ran across a show called The List and today it had a short segment about the four remaining daytime soaps. It featured MTS as one of the daytime soap veterans still standing after many decades:

• Love 5

Looks like our Faith will be heading back to boarding school, only this time it'll probably be farther way, like Switzerland:

From Daytime Confidential, Alyvia Alyn Lind Will Headline Syfy's 'Chucky' Reboot

The Young and the Restless' Alyvia Alyn Lind (Faith) will be squaring off with a new rival: Chucky the doll! Deadline reports that the actress has been cast as a lead in Syfy's upcoming series Chucky. Her character, Lexy Taylor, is queen of her school, bully to Jake (Zackary Arthur), and girlfriend of Jake's cousin Junior (Teo Briones).

Ordered straight-to-series in 2020, Chucky comes from the movie's creator and writer Don Mancini, also creator-showrunner. In the TV iteration, originally begun in the Child's Play films, Chucky is a doll possessed by a serial killer. A small town is turned upside down when Chucky turns up at a yard sale. Violent murders begin taking place and secrets galore will be unearthed. But Chucky has his own demons. Enemies will threaten to out him for the villain he is...and tell the truth about his shocking past.

Filming will kick off next month in Toronto. Produced by UCP, Chucky will be executive produced by Mancini, David Kirschner, Nick Antosca (creator of horror anthology series Channel Zero), Harley Peyton, and Alex Hedlund via Antosca's production company Eat the Cat. Mancini will direct Episode One.

Congrats to her!

• Love 4

All I think about w her, despite her work on Y&R and the Dolly Parton movie, is this is Deb from One Tree Hills rl daughter. While her baby was at work being a cute kid for Sharon; she was setting asshole husband Dan on fire and banging 22 year old basketball player Skillz. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
35 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

All I think about w her, despite her work on Y&R and the Dolly Parton movie, is this is Deb from One Tree Hills rl daughter. While her baby was at work being a cute kid for Sharon; she was setting asshole husband Dan on fire and banging 22 year old basketball player Skillz. 

She is??? 🤯 Oh, Deb.  

• Love 2

And on another tangential note:

wumt.jpg.1b3aae53f315939c13944e7d9402cb66.jpg

The one thing I got from that bio for the new writer is that- she doesn’t write? Seems like all her credits are for producing.

I think most TV and movie producers probably started out as writers or actors. Whatever, I think she's likely being brought in to bring some cultural sensitivity and awareness to the portrayal of certain characters and their storylines. Something that's been somewhat lacking, I'd argue, since Bill Bell was no long writing the show. CBS is making an effort I guess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

According to Soap Opera Network the SORASed role of Moses Winters has been cast:

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2021/03/jacob-aaron-gaines-moses-winters-the-young-and-the-restless

This is the photo of the actor attached to the article:

jacobaarongaines_01_1200x675-780x439.jpg

Cute kid, and he does resemble Neil IMO.

I sure hope though that Moses isn't Faith's mystery admirer. How about they let him get on board and mix it up with a few characters before they pair him off romantically with somebody?

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

According to Soap Opera Network the SORASed role of Moses Winters has been cast:

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2021/03/jacob-aaron-gaines-moses-winters-the-young-and-the-restless

This is the photo of the actor attached to the article:

jacobaarongaines_01_1200x675-780x439.jpg

Cute kid, and he does resemble Neil IMO.

I sure hope though that Moses isn't Faith's mystery admirer. How about they let him get on board and mix it up with a few characters before they pair him off romantically with somebody?

I can't tell how old he is but if he's older than 15,16, he's too old to be paired with Faith. 

• Love 5

Is there even any character in his age range rn? 

I think Faith is leaving anyways. And this is off topic but I think she’s gay or questioning. When she comes back from boarding school or whatever I would not be surprised if she comes out.  If Sharon’s and her flat hair still flopping around I hope she doesn’t act all “ooooo” her trademark flustered by everything and make Japanime eyes like always

👁  👁

👄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

So they replaced Alyvia Alyn Lind with a new actress. You’d think they’d wait to see if her show tanks first before replacing her. She’s been playing Faith since she was 3 years old. Of course, nuFaith is now 18. It’s not like they aged her to 30 years old but is still a good jump from 13 to 18. I would have waited a bit. I like to see soap kids age in real time. 

• Useful 2
18 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So they replaced Alyvia Alyn Lind with a new actress. You’d think they’d wait to see if her show tanks first before replacing her. She’s been playing Faith since she was 3 years old. Of course, nuFaith is now 18. It’s not like they aged her to 30 years old but is still a good jump from 13 to 18. I would have waited a bit. I like to see soap kids age in real time. 

Got a link?

Soap Central is reporting it too:
The Young and the Restless recasts Faith; Reylynn Caster to replace Alyvia Alyn Lind

So they replaced Alyvia Alyn Lind with a new actress. You’d think they’d wait to see if her show tanks first before replacing her.

Perhaps it was the actress' choice. Maybe she wants to move on and will do so even if her new show doesn't pan out. (Odds are it'll be fine though.) Plus AAL's been making good inroads into movies so she'll also have that as an option.

The actress is at the age where shows typically want to SORAS their character so they can put them into more "mature" situations. Since Faith is going to be older now I wonder if they are indeed going to have her in a romance with Moses Winters?

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Does this mean Faith will be in a car crash requiring plastic surgery, like "Gabriel Bingham"?

And, the plastic surgery will age her, too. That’s one surgery I don’t want. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I will be sad to see her go. She has been Faith all along and has blossomed into a young woman before our eyes. I think she’s very talented and she should have a terrific future.  Her last day will definitely be bitter sweet. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I will be sad to see her go. She has been Faith all along and has blossomed into a young woman before our eyes. I think she’s very talented and she should have a terrific future.  Her last day will definitely be bitter sweet. 

I agree. I can still see her as that tiny girl with the blond ringlets fresh in my mind each episode. I think she’ll be fine she and everyone in her family have worked consistently for decades, they have hustle, so it’s extremely likely her career will thrive. 

new Faith is pretty and it’s interesting she reads tarot cards, maybe they’ll make her version of Faith into that type of stuff 

• Love 10

She actually looks a little like Summer, but with normal-human-sized lips.  

4 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

new Faith is pretty and it’s interesting she reads tarot cards, maybe they’ll make her version of Faith into that type of stuff 

I really like that deck with all of the animals in the last picture.  Do you know what it's called?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I really like that deck with all of the animals in the last picture.  Do you know what it's called?

It looks vintage or custom. The art work is detailed and elegant. 

I agree about Summer. She’s always listed and had naturally full lips I don’t know why she’d pump them with filler. That artificial trout mouth w her flowy big hair, clothing choices, jewelry are too much. She, Lauren, Phyllis and Nikki often look like bottle girls at the club or working a car show when they’re supposed to be in corporate office or hanging around coffee shop. The guys they always style classy and really polished. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I agree about Summer. She’s always listed and had naturally full lips I don’t know why she’d pump them with filler. 

Her lower lip was naturally fuller than average but her upper lip was average in fullness with a prettier than average "cupid's bow" that needed no help but has since been ruined by fillers.  Most peoples' upper lip is ~half a big as the bottom lip; hers was about 1/3 the size, like Angelina Jolie's & Lisa Rinna's original lips. After years of inflating the upper lip so that it is the same size or bigger than the lower lip, it gets wrinkly when the fillers start resorbing, which makes them want to get them re-bloated.

• Useful 4

I'm beyond bummed that Faith is being re-cast. I am hoping it was the actress' choice and not TPTB wanting to SORAS her. She's been around since she was a child and losing her is making me sad. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 3/30/2021 at 10:09 PM, Snaporaz said:

13 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

It looks vintage or custom. The art work is detailed and elegant. 

I did a little GooglyWoogly and found it.  It's called Spiritsong Tarot, by Paulina Cassidy.  It's really nice.

10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm beyond bummed that Faith is being re-cast. I am hoping it was the actress' choice and not TPTB wanting to SORAS her. She's been around since she was a child and losing her is making me sad. 

I'm disappointed, too, but it does look like the choice was hers.  She got a part on a new show on SyFy channel, so it should be good for her.  Those shows often develop cult followings.  At least this SORAS isn't too too crazy.  Summer went from 7 years old to 16 overnight, and so did Charlie and Maddie.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 6

Do any Preverts here follow the official Y&R Twitter account? I've seen around the soap interwebs that yesterday they posted a congratulatory message to Abby about the pregnancy and there was such a massive wave of negative responses that they deleted the tweet. If true I hope TPTB realize the mistake they've made with this storyline and end it soon. Apparently they're also casting for a character who sounds a lot like a replacement Chance. Maybe they can fast-track that and get out of this hole they've dug with Devon and Mariah as Abby's baby factory workers. 😐

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Do any Preverts here follow the official Y&R Twitter account? I've seen around the soap interwebs that yesterday they posted a congratulatory message to Abby about the pregnancy and there was such a massive wave of negative responses that they deleted the tweet. If true I hope TPTB realize the mistake they've made with this storyline and end it soon. Apparently they're also casting for a character who sounds a lot like a replacement Chance. Maybe they can fast-track that and get out of this hole they've dug with Devon and Mariah as Abby's baby factory workers. 😐

So how do they write this going forward since the storyline is unpopular?  Have Mariah lose the baby and then have Chance be the one to donate his sperm? Maybe his sperm count is okay now.  Geez, I cannot believe I just typed this stuff.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

A couple of days ago Devon speculated that Chance would return home to a baby.  If Abby knows nothing, why would he assume Chance will be away for at least 8.5 more months?  That just brings to light how stupid this rushed surrogacy to single motherhood story is.  

If TPTB want to end this story, why not go all out, with Abby interfering with Mariah & Tessa's privacy so that they move out of Grand Central Baby Station and Mariah goes to work on her career for a change, then Devon wants to keep his firstborn since he has no luck with women.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7