Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

(edited)

first installment was posted yesterday but I didn't see the notice until just now.

Y&R is bringing back GC Buzz — with a twist. Camryn Grimes (Mariah) and Mishael Morgan (Amanda; ex-Hilary) are taking over hosting duties from their alter egos for special episodes of the chat fest. The two-part special will post on Y&R’s social media platforms on Thursday, May 7, and Friday, May 8, and feature appearances by the Y&R cast. The fictional talk show was hosted by Mariah Copeland and Hilary Curtis from 2016-18 and was a backdrop for many of Genoa City’s shocking moments.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gc-buzz-returns-to-yr/?fbclid=IwAR25cVs7gxNFvhusCHlL0PwnyHONBhhxpCrU0Q_lSewf5vjSrdItuCdeIhY

Edited by Sake614
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

well okay then...

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-stars-launch-new-app/?fbclid=IwAR2dIdWHBNr6AA1Y1gq7yjwkSXl_whCVWi9uvWZuRedDsFiPuoJniMcTtrM

Y&R’s Bryton James (Devon) and Daniel Goddard (ex-Cane) have conceived, developed and designed a new social media app called BILDBORD, that officially launches on May 11. Goddard shares with Digest the genesis of their “lifestyle” tool. “From all the years I’ve spent meeting soap fans, I realized how many friendships and relationships have been made between them,” he explains. “I wanted to find a way to bring the fans together as one group so they could share their individual love for the soap genre, the shows, the characters and the actors. So, Bryton and I decided to build an app that would unite soap fans from all over the world. That way they could find and be found by other fans who are into the same interests and passions besides just soaps. And from that the idea for BILDBORD was born, but it became much bigger than that.” BILDBORD will give users the ability to create a profile where they can not only list all their social media accounts, music playlists and photos, but also add up to 50 hashtags that will connect members globally with any of those hashtags in common. The live launch will begin at 12p.m. P.T./3p.m. ET on www.facebook.com/officialdanielgoddard, with Goddard and James personally demonstrating how to download, set up and use the app.

• LOL 3

“From all the years I’ve spent meeting soap fans, I realized how many friendships and relationships have been made between them,” he explains. “I wanted to find a way to bring the fans together as one group so they could share their individual love for the soap genre, the shows, the characters and the actors. 

Um...

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

well okay then...

Y&R’s Bryton James (Devon) and Daniel Goddard (ex-Cane) have conceived, developed and designed a new social media app called BILDBORD, that officially launches on May 11. Goddard shares with Digest the genesis of their “lifestyle” tool. “From all the years I’ve spent meeting soap fans, I realized how many friendships and relationships have been made between them,” he explains. “I wanted to find a way to bring the fans together as one group so they could share their individual love for the soap genre, the shows, the characters and the actors.

Not-very-subtext from DG: "And my agent said it'd be a good way to keep my face in front of fans."

Sidebar from PL: And, sure, sure you built it all your own little self...

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

well okay then...

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-stars-launch-new-app/?fbclid=IwAR2dIdWHBNr6AA1Y1gq7yjwkSXl_whCVWi9uvWZuRedDsFiPuoJniMcTtrM

Y&R’s Bryton James (Devon) and Daniel Goddard (ex-Cane) have conceived, developed and designed a new social media app called BILDBORD.....

The live launch will begin at 12p.m. P.T./3p.m. ET on www.facebook.com/officialdanielgoddard, with Goddard and James personally demonstrating how to download, set up and use the app.

What a shame I can't be there for the launch.  That's when I wash my hair.....

Now we know what living without any sense of shame whatsoever looks like....

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Not-very-subtext from DG: "And my agent said it'd be a good way to keep my face in front of fans.

well sure but what's BJ's excuse? 

• Love 8

well sure but what's BJ's excuse? 

IKR? Now I'm wondering what kind of dirt DG must have on BJ. Looked to me like CK moved to whole other state to get out of playing Lily as Cane's wife. Then presto chango, after they dump his stupidass she's back as Lily and everything's fine. And BM's still on board so clearly TPTB made their choice regarding DG's refusal to have Cane romantically paired with Traci. Way bigger Hollywood (and soap) stars have fallen from grace than him so what makes him think he's so special? Ugh, what a douchebag.

And that thing they're launching sounds like just another soap forum to me, except with a greater opportunity for the people behind it to broach the usual privacy/anonymity aspects.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

greater opportunity for the people behind it to broach the usual privacy/anonymity aspects.

yeah that was my first thought too. Well, okay my second thought. My first was WTF? I mean, if people want to connect with other like-minded people, there are plenty of ways to do that. They don't need DG creating an app for it!

• Love 7
On 5/15/2020 at 4:37 PM, CountryGirl said:

Not a fan of Tracey's get-up but she has amazing legs (body in general).

Agree on both - it was a pillow challenge, not a puffer vest challenge!  But she does have a great figure!  And her hair doesn't look too bad here, either!

• Love 7

The Young and the Restless

Watch tomorrow’s episode of Y&R with Bryton James and Brytni Sarpy. 👏 They’ll be going live on Bryton’s Instagram tomorrow at 2:30 pm ET/11:30 am PT to answer your questions!

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Soap Opera Digest

47TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS TO BE TELECAST ON CBS

May 20, 2020 2:37PM

The 47th Annual Daytime Emmy® Awards will be presented in a two-hour special on Friday, June 26 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, CBS and the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) announced today. This will mark the 14th time CBS has broadcast the Daytime Emmys®, more than any other network. “The Daytime Emmys are coming home,” said Adam Sharp, President & CEO of NATAS. “For generations, daytime television has been a source of comfort and continuity that’s never been more important. We’re delighted to join with CBS in celebrating the programs and professionals who never cease to brighten our days.” “As a leader in Daytime, we are thrilled to welcome back the Daytime Emmy
Awards,” said Jack Sussman, Executive Vice President, Specials, Music and
Live Events for CBS. “Daytime television has been keeping viewers engaged and entertained for many years, so it is with great pride that we look forward to celebrating the best of the genre here on CBS.” Awards will be presented in leading categories during the telecast, with recipients and other special guests appearing from home in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Additional categories will be announced simultaneously on Twitter (@DaytimeEmmys), and others will be presented in a separate ceremony in July. Nominees will be announced tomorrow, Thursday, May 21,
on THE TALK and ET Online.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Daytime Emmy noms are out. Y&R got a nod for show, along with the other 3 soaps.

https://tvline.com/2020/05/21/daytime-emmys-nominations-list-2020-nominees-kelly-clarkson/

LEAD ACTOR:
Jason Thompson (Billy, Y&R)

SUPPORTING ACTOR

Mark Grossman (Adam, Y&R)

Bryton James (Devon, Y&R)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Christel Khalil (Lily, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR OR ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Sasha Calle (Lola, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING GUEST PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES
Elissa Kapneck (Sasha, Y&R)
Eva LaRue (Celeste, Y&R)
Jeffrey Vincent Parise (Simon, Y&R)

Edited by Sake614
  • LOL 3
44 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Daytime Emmy noms are out. Y&R got a nod for show, along with the other 3 soaps.

https://tvline.com/2020/05/21/daytime-emmys-nominations-list-2020-nominees-kelly-clarkson/

LEAD ACTOR:
Jason Thompson (Billy, Y&R)

SUPPORTING ACTOR

Mark Grossman (Adam, Y&R)

Bryton James (Devon, Y&R)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Christel Khalil (Lily, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR OR ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Sasha Calle (Lola, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING GUEST PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES
Elissa Kapneck (Sasha, Y&R)
Eva LaRue (Celeste, Y&R)
Jeffrey Vincent Parise (Simon, Y&R)

So, judging by the nominations, I take it only people who haven't watched the show are allowed to vote?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, boes said:

So, judging by the nominations, I take it only people who haven't watched the show are allowed to vote?  

Sounds about right to me. Although I am pleased that Sasha Callie got a nod.

• Love 8

Sounds about right to me. Although I am pleased that Sasha Callie got a nod.

I'm happy about Sasha, too!  

• Love 5
On 6/1/2020 at 6:30 AM, Jaded said:

Never mind. It looks like FB videos won't embed here anymore. 😞

You have to copy the link in FB and then post it here. At least that's what I've had to do. And sometimes that doesn't work either...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/5/2020 at 2:25 PM, Sake614 said:

You have to copy the link in FB and then post it here. At least that's what I've had to do. And sometimes that doesn't work either...

That's what I did and it didn't work.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Flash's Hartley Sawyer (ex-Kyle, Y&R) Fired for Racist, Homophobic and Misogynistic Tweets That Left Showrunner 'Mad as Hell'

The tweets were made around the time he was on Y&R. He apologized on his IG account saying he's changed. A part of me does wonder how much he's changed if they ended up firing him. Hopefully he really has. His Twitter is deactivated now. With others in show business getting fired for things they've said on social media in the past he really should have cleaned up his Twitter especially once he was enlightened enough to know the awful things he said were wrong. There are screenshots of other tweets with things just as bad out there if you look.

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just don't agree with firing someone for comments they made a full three years before joining the show. And if he hasn't said or done anything in the three years since joining, what difference does it make? Were the comments stupid? Absolutely. Should he have known better? Without a doubt. But I really believe we've gone way overboard with political correctness. Unless a cast or crew member complained about him, it shouldn't matter. And I feel the same about anyone in that situation. YMMV of course...

Edited by Sake614
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Fist off, I didn’t even know that HS got another job after Y&R. Secondly, he said this years ago and has been on his current show for several years and they just find out about it now?!?!? It was dumb and bad to say but I don’t know if he needs to be fired. Actually, I don’t know what the rules are in the real world about social media stuff. Can’t they fire you for anything you have posted? I’m older and they didn’t have social media in the 80’s when I was in High School. I don't have Twitter   but I do have Facebook. Just curious. Also, I’m glad he cleaned up a bit because he looked awful on Y&R and not to mention miscast. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Fist off, I didn’t even know that HS got another job after Y&R. Secondly, he said this years ago and has been on his current show for several years and they just find out about it now?!?!? It was dumb and bad to say but I don’t know if he needs to be fired. Actually, I don’t know what the rules are in the real world about social media stuff. Can’t they fire you for anything you have posted? I’m older and they didn’t have social media in the 80’s when I was in High School. I don't have Twitter   but I do have Facebook. Just curious. Also, I’m glad he cleaned up a bit because he looked awful on Y&R and not to mention miscast. 

I guess it depends on his contract. In these days, there are probably clauses that relate to things that the actor says or does, or did, that violate the values of the employer. Not a lawyer, so not sure, but they wouldn't have fired him if they weren't sure they could.

His comments were pretty egregious.  They should never have hired him.

• Love 10

Yeah......not a lot of sympathy from me for FrankenKyle losing his job. 

20 years ago, okay, he's had time to grow up, to mature, to expand his understanding of the world and the people in it, to be conscious of the effect words have and how they precipitate action.  There's really no excuse for the crap he said, at least none I would be interested in - these posts were put up long after he should have known how offensive they were.  Enough with the bad manchild behavior.

His apology, to me, smacks of "I got caught", more than anything else.  

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, boes said:

His apology, to me, smacks of "I got caught", more than anything else.

Yeah I have no idea if he's really sorry. Maybe he isn't. And I'm certainly not excusing his comments. I'm just not sure something he said 3 years BEFORE he joined the show should be cause for termination 3 years AFTER he joined. These tweets are 9 years old. You don't like them? That's your right. You don't want to socialize with him because of it? Again, fine. No one said you have to like all of your coworkers. You just have to work with them. Come in, do your job, go home. Ignore him when you're not on set. ::shrug::

• Love 3

The tweets may be up to nine years old, but the guy is 35. If you’re still that ignorant at age 26, then I have no sympathy.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hartley-sawyer-fired-flash-misogynist-tweets-surface-1297483

Among the tweets users surfaced in the past two weeks are one from 2012 in which Sawyer wrote "The only thing keeping me from doing mildly racist tweets is the knowledge that Al Sharpton would never stop complaining about me." In 2014, he wrote, "Enjoyed a secret boob viewing at an audition today." Several tweets refer to assaulting women, and one reads, "Date rape myself so I don't have to masturbate."

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Anyone know when this shit show will be starting taping again? I've totally checked out...

No one really knows. Apparently, the tv business is sort of open in California but it’s just in the beginning phases and no clear set rules of what can and cannot be done have been explained. I guess June could be the planning month and perhaps they might get back to taping in July or August. That’s purely conjecture on my part though. Even if they do return no one knows exactly what we’ll see. It could be 2 person scenes of people sitting around the kitchen table drinking coffee like they did in the 50’s. I can’t imagine any kissing and such going on for a while. Unless, the actors themselves are game for it. There are so many unknown factors. 

More up to date info:

https://deadline.com/2020/06/los-angeles-mayor-eric-garcetti-film-and-tv-production-can-resume-in-the-city-on-friday-gives-more-specific-number-in-rise-of-cases-1202956232/

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5