Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Just found out my hubby (who works from home but for a Canadian company--travels for work a lot) scored us tix for Kate Valentine's charity event in Calgary this April. Sharon, Adam, Devon, Elena, and Michael (and of course Esther) are the featured Y&R players scheduled as of now.

So that's two sets of dating costars then? Is it confirmed Grossman and Chase are a couple? Should make for an interesting dynamic---I'll report back here! Trying to think of a burning behind the scenes question I've always wanted to know...

And of course if anyone else from these boards is going make sure to let me know so I can say hi!!

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Just found out my hubby (who works from home but for a Canadian company--travels for work a lot) scored us tix for Kate Valentine's charity event in Calgary this April. Sharon, Adam, Devon, Elena, and Michael (and of course Esther) are the featured Y&R players scheduled as of now.

So that's two sets of dating costars then? Is it confirmed Grossman and Chase are a couple? Should make for an interesting dynamic---I'll report back here! Trying to think of a burning behind the scenes question I've always wanted to know...

And of course if anyone else from these boards is going make sure to let me know so I can say hi!!

That's awesome!

• Love 8

Hunter King (Summer, Y&R) has landed the lead role of Abigail in the new ABC pilot PROSPECT, deadline.com is reporting exclusively. She will be playing Abigail Lansing, a young woman from Boston who becomes a teacher in the western prairie town of Prospect. 

https://deadline.com/2020/02/hunter-king-star-cast-prospect-abc-western-comedy-pilot-1202857658/

Good luck to her. Maybe she'll leave Y&R if it gets picked up! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

The Daytime Emmys have found a new, permanent home as the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) introduces its own streaming app, reports variety.com. NATAS will now be the official site to view the Daytime Emmy telecast. The new platform is expected to go into effect in the first quarter of 2020, several months before this year’s ceremony. The show last aired on broadcast television in 2015. 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-daytime-emmy-app-launches/?fbclid=IwAR350ejHGiWPHnelk_VWJgk3f-4bMD8WmYfDw9BWK23giAOxUiUCHJqZMVw

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

so over on the Y&R FB page, some fans are saying that Summer and Kyle are the new Victor and Nikki, ie, destined to be together. Personally, I don't think anyone should aspire to be the new Victor and Nikki. Unless of course the woman has a desire to be verbally abused and cheated on.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Donny Boaz has a small role as a Romulan in the newest ep of Star Trek: Picard, released today.

I barely recognized him at first. He had some heavy duty prosthetics going on to look like a Romulan thug. His voice and overall body movements were pretty identifiable though. It's funny, that one line of his seemed tacked on to me. Maybe it was added later after the network figured at least a few people would make the connection.

Kyle and Summer as the new Victor and Nikki? Please, it is to laugh. The thing with Niktor is that they both came from the wrong side of the tracks and rose to become the pinnacle of an international social and business dynasty. (Just ask them. 😉) Kyle and Summer were both born on third base with silver spoons in their mouths. Their only destiny is to become more wealthy and elite, largely aided by their trust funds and family memberships.

Meh, trash with money is still trash, even three generations in. I think if there's a new Nikki and Victor it will come from the ranks of Johnny, Katie, Connor, Christian, and Bella. Maybe little Moses Winters will be back in GC too.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I barely recognized him at first. He had some heavy duty prosthetics going on to look like a Romulan thug. His voice and overall body movements were pretty identifiable though. It's funny, that one line of his seemed tacked on to me. Maybe it was added later after the network figured at least a few people would make the connection.

I wouldn’t even have known it was him if I hadn’t been looking at the episode page on IMDb 😄

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I barely recognized him at first. He had some heavy duty prosthetics going on to look like a Romulan thug.

I completely forgot about this and missed it.  Can you recall which scene he was in?  Thanks.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Found it!  I cannot  believe I didn't recognize him when I watched it the first time.  He sounded exactly like Chance! He is right after the scene below.

Fight Me Star Trek GIF by CBS All Access

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I got the commercial free CBS All Access...but I'm not sure how they are billing me? I've had it over a year, I think it may be wrapped into my Amazon Prime account somehow. 

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

YIKES!

"The Young and the Restless aired four days this week with no Thursday episode. For the four aired episodes, Y&R averaged 3.485 million viewers per day, which represents a week to week decline of 280,000 viewers and a stroke-inducing loss of just over ONE MILLION VIEWERS year to year"

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2020/02/16/ratings-rants-and-raves-young-and-restless-loses-a-million-viewers-over-a-year?fbclid=IwAR1gjhW1z6lkYY1rAF3LEpfivlVH_ABldCZeTUms6yxvqyPZ4OgRRz4k8uE

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

Well, the Reptilian Phyllis and Silly Billy trying to find himself are not the way to pull in viewers.  Add on the dullest party ever on a soap for Victor...more tuning out.  So it is no wonder the ratings are dropping.  Terrible writing for the most part; and bad acting for the second part.  

Seeing Chelsea getting revenge on Phyllis would make me tune in.  Hiring a really good actress to be Jack's new love would be a ratings grabber - at least I think it would.  At the end of the day, the simplest thing is to get rid of the Phyllis and Billy characters; let them be gone for awhile and then recast.  I am saying this as one who doesn't mind the actor playing Billy; but the writing is so terrible there is no saving him.  With a different actress, Phyllis might be interesting and fun.  Or how about just hiring better actors for the recent recasts.  Theo and Chance come to mind.  Chance always looks like he is ready to drop his jaw and say "duuh" - no expression on his face and an awful hairstyle.  Theo is Phyllis-territory creepy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

I feel so bad for Shemar it was always apparent he loved his Mom a lot especially when he talked about her. It was cute when he'd bring her on shows with him at times when he was being interviewed. I remember him doing so at least once. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Ashley's hair looks great. So less harsh than that platinum, IMO.

I think the colour is better, the fried blonde was awful.  It's the style that is so unflattering now.  These people spend hundreds, thousands, on their hair.  It cannot be that difficult to get it right.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

With hair (especially on those 'of a certain age') what you want and what looks good and/or appropriate on you are sometimes two vastly different things.

And that's exactly what people said to me about my mullet in the 80's.....

• LOL 17
On 2/20/2020 at 6:58 PM, basiltherat said:

With hair (especially on those 'of a certain age') what you want and what looks good and/or appropriate on you are sometimes two vastly different things.

That’s why we have talented hair stylists to guide us to find the color and style that best flatters our skin tones and face shapes. I live in a small town in TN and have found one who can do this for me. ED can’t find a stylist who can do this for her in LA?! BS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Dear Josh, yanking Devon's billions and giving them to a couple of Australian cattle thieves was your way of catering to the haters who couldn't stand Devon having that kind of money. Stop patting yourself on the back and acting like you created some amazing story that doesn't dishonor (IMO) Kay Chancellor/Jeanne Cooper's memory. Plus, making Devon take the blame for it by "choosing" to be okay with it is the rancid icing on a crap-filled cake. Oh yeah, and don't get me started on Lone Star Chancellor riding in to be Devon's savior. Maybe. Whatever, there's a term for the role you have PC4 playing in this mess. Feel free to google it.

I'd tell you to go right ahead and eat a heaping big helping of that poop cake but you are already so filled with sh!t that you would turn into a one-man hazmat site. Probably the only reason you still have a job at Y&R is because TPTB have already run through the shrinking pool of known soap writers and don't want to go back to the ones who've helped get this show into the mess it's in now.

FOH will your barely-veiled self-aggrandizement at a dead woman's expense and almost complete destruction of Y&R's only legacy Black family. Happy Thursday!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I don't follow the ratings numbers....so are the latest ratings up or down?  I am kind of hoping for "down" ... maybe that will prompt a change.

Like bringing MS back to the show?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

The problem is that I don't think Phyllis has chemistry with any of the men on the show; it's her horrible acting choices.  When you are constantly trying to force your sexiness onto someone, it gets old and tiring.  The vamping, slinking, whispering, smugness, clothing, slithering, etc... all past their sell-by date.  I understand she probably has no choice on wardrobe...but all the rest is on her.  Plus her role is badly written.  If she would just tone things down it would go a long way to making her character palatable.  

I am surprised that Victoria didn't wake up with amnesia and think she and Billy were still happily married.  With regard to barring visitors to Victoria's hospital room....how does Victor have the right to do that?  Are she and Billy officially separated?  If not, I would think decisions like that would be up to Billy.  Lord help everyone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11