Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, JasonCC said:

I think Esther dating someone would be nice too!

I don't know...... I honestly can't see her with anyone other than a horny Oompah Loompah.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.......

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, boes said:

I don't know...... I honestly can't see her with anyone other than a horny Oompah Loompah.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.......

If ever there was a need for brain bleach, the thought of Esther and a horny Oompah Loompah would be it!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, catalogrrr said:

‪If Abby’s restaurant, Society, is supposed to be this fancy, upscale place then why are Phyllis and Hilary eating their meals in the restaurant with plastic cutlery? 

it looks like an airport lounge.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

@LucindaWalsh yes that green tight fitting dress is the hotel uniform. There have been a couple of extras seen wandering the set in the same dress. I think it’s pretty but not really appropriate for hotel staff. Wait staff at a dinner restaurant perhaps. But not lobby staff.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

OMG! SOD did a poll on whether Phyllis and Nick should reunite. Some posters want her with Chance, others want her to stop trying to be sexay.  But then there are these:

She's to old for both Nick and Chance, they're around Daniel's age.

She’s old enough to be his mother. Put her with Jack.

Phyllis is too much for Nick, he's soft

Not sure why anyone would wish her on Jack...

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

OMG! SOD did a poll on whether Phyllis and Nick should reunite. Some posters want her with Chance, others want her to stop trying to be sexay.  But then there are these:

Not sure why anyone would wish her on Jack...

How about Phyllis leaves the show and never comes back!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19

Ray Wise Alert!

He's in a movie called Liz; The Elizabeth Taylor Story. On Movies! at 5 pm PT. He plays Mike Todd.

Edited to say that was the dumbest made for tv crap I've ever seen. Jeez.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Amelia Heinle interview

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-amelia-heinle-interview-2/?fbclid=IwAR3qVhIC5Ir_MPFj-1u0O0QUBZqZt64klCIolPtU2Z5J7aq6o3xeb61LalI

Talks about her career from the start but this stood out for me:

Digest: This was your first time as a recast. What was it like to sort of step into this role knowing someone else had memorably played it? How did you approach it?

Heinle: There was an element of wanting to be the strong [one] that everyone told me about, like, “Oh, she was very strong.” I was like, “Okay, well, that’s not really who I am.” It took me a little while. I tried to be that and it wouldn’t work. Honestly, it just took time. I didn’t read any people’s reactions. I didn’t want to know ’cause you can’t really compare yourself. I know Heather now. We see each other all the time. She’s awesome. I really, really like her. But there’s no way I could’ve played the character the way she played it. Ultimately, they wanted this strong character and ultimately I found my own strength. It may not have looked like hers, but it was mine.

Isn't that why it's called ACTING? And I don't see Victoria as a strong person. I didn't see HT as Victoria, but AH just doesn't exude strength to me. A lot of it is certainly the writing, but it's also just how she plays the character.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Amelia Heinle interview

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-amelia-heinle-interview-2/?fbclid=IwAR3qVhIC5Ir_MPFj-1u0O0QUBZqZt64klCIolPtU2Z5J7aq6o3xeb61LalI

Talks about her career from the start but this stood out for me:

Isn't that why it's called ACTING? And I don't see Victoria as a strong person. I didn't see HT as Victoria, but AH just doesn't exude strength to me. A lot of it is certainly the writing, but it's also just how she plays the character.

As a long term viewer I will say this was one of the most baffling recasts of all time. I remember other names mentioned were Gina Tognoni (ironic considering she became Phyllis!) and Carrie Genzel who played Skye on AMC. Victoria and Nick were originally written to be similar to their namesake. Obviously Victor is no pushover, so Victoria wasn't either. She was initially very insecure about sex, but ended up becoming a very sexual woman and she was strong, particularly in business storylines so when they recast it was like an entirely different person. It took YEARS for Amelia to get a handle on the character. I don't think I started to like her until 2 or 3 years ago. Now the character is strong and less of a weepy heroine and she plays the role just fine. I think she was probably her own worst enemy by assuming what she can and cannot do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Guess Sharon needed something to take her mind off the cancer. Did Dylan come back to do the work? Did the coffee shop close for three months while they remodeled or did it happen overnight? 😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, spinxella said:

V6qhYS.jpg

Sneak Peek at the new Crimson Lights remodel.

Okay, this will be a UO, I can see. I'll be glad to see the remodel--I could never stand the Crimson Lights set. I didn't mind the strange indoor/outdoor patio space, but the ratty details of the set ...

Be back when strike-out stops striking me out. Apparently it liked the old Crimson Lights too.

Edited by pearlite
strike-out malfunction
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Do not like.  At all.  Just my personal crank, but I dislike those faux sentimental sayings on walls, unless it says Exit.  Crimson Lights is in an old brick building, this looks like it could be in any mall.

Plus, I liked that creepy ventriloquist's dummy with the dead eyes and creepy smile - and I don't mean Kevin.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Let's try to wear on with my rant:

...like the can of Chock Full o Nuts coffee [does it still exist?] near the espresso machine, the display rack of crumpled-looking Bigelow tea boxes, the presumably forever-fresh cakey-things in the giant cup, and migawd, those horrible table covers with FRINGE... Didn't like the colour of the wood, and there was just too damn much of it. Mind you, I suspect from a production design viewpoint, that it was supposed to be linked to Sharon's house [don't get me started on how much I loathe the decor] as part of her environment. 

I know, I know, these are sacred-cow sets, but Ole Grumpy Pants here just never liked them--I'm really anti-nostalgic. And we can tell how show's boring me by the fact that I'm thinking about the props and nasty wood panelling. Just gimme some nice English chintz slipcovers and Big Blue Plate of sacred memory.

And oh boes, CS's tchochke fest also has the weird Mr Roboto/Tin Man thing, too.

Edited by pearlite
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

That does look like Tessa to me, just more dolled up than she usually is. Odd that they wouldn't have her standing next to Mariah though. Maybe it's this new influencer character I read about elsewhere. Meanwhile, I'm surprised Lily is in there. Is she coming back for more than a short visit?

That shot is full of Photoshop. There are a few people I don't think were there when the majority of them were.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

That does look like Tessa to me, just more dolled up than she usually is. Odd that they wouldn't have her standing next to Mariah though. Maybe it's this new influencer character I read about elsewhere. Meanwhile, I'm surprised Lily is in there. Is she coming back for more than a short visit?

That shot is full of Photoshop. There are a few people I don't think were there when the majority of them were.

Yep, looks like Tessa to me, too, just glammed up.  Sorry to see Oily Balls hasn't been snipped.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, boes said:

She even types everything twice.  

That photo was so disgusting. I do not want to see anyone’s open mouth and tongue! This woman needs to remember that she’s a MOTHER to two young children. Blech!!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

What a great philosopher Michelle Stafford is......

image.png.d8a8ec8a62ef98e3677a78b7ed3e18c3.png

She's right up there with Gladys Kravitz and Frank Costanza - though she, unfortunately, lacks their innate charm and sensuality.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4

We’ve gotten just the first 30 minutes of this show since the hearings began. I haven’t missed it one bit in the past two (?) weeks.  We also haven’t gotten B&B or GH. Guess what? Same, same. This is really sad to someone who has watched soaps for almost 50 year. They are doomed.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

We’ve gotten just the first 30 minutes of this show since the hearings began. I haven’t missed it one bit in the past two (?) weeks.  We also haven’t gotten B&B or GH. Guess what? Same, same. This is really sad to someone who has watched soaps for almost 50 year. They are doomed.

Ten years ago, after GL was cancelled, ATWT was on it's last legs and the ABC line up was on the bubble, I didn't think we'd have ANY soaps in 2020. Rather than waking up and taking more risks, TIIC decided to double down on the same dreck with the same cliches and the same showrunners like Jill Firin' Phelps-Burton, who pulled the exact same crap she did on AMC. The only reason Katherine didnt die on-screen is because Jeanne Cooper beat her to the punch.

Instead, it reminds much of what happened with Star Trek  in the late 90s/early 2000s, and it was tiring and stale. The last season of the last series brought in a new producer/writer and then OH SHIT people started getting interested again...not enough to save that show, but enough for Paramount to greenlight the Abrams flicks, and those led to the two shows we have now.

I dunno, maybe I'll pitch a Y&R reboot. Show could use more lens flare and mystery plots about smoke monsters anyway. 🤔

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8