Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Okay, let's see if the link works:

Right, M leBlanc, apparently you took my advice re the hair colour. Proud of you! Got a bit of that pesky brown dye leftover on top, but overall, loving the distinguished look and a nice healthy texture too.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Okay, let's see if the link works:

Right, M leBlanc, apparently you took my advice re the hair colour. Proud of you! Got a bit of that pesky brown dye leftover on top, but overall, loving the distinguished look and a nice healthy texture too.

He looks fantastic!

• Love 6

Yeah, IMO he looks a lot more distinguished with his natural color versus the shoe polish look. I think he also must've been wearing a piece in front on the show because his hairline has never been that far back. Interesting how male actors are also now under some pressure to look younger like actresses have been like forever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Damn he looks Amazing!  Really hope he keeps the blonde/gray.  Very distinguished.  

Silver fox- In the other photo he looked a bit like Jon Stewart but --- completely gray is a good look on him

He also - weirdly he looks a lot younger

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

Silver fox- In the other photo he looked a bit like Jon Stewart but --- completely gray is a good look on him

He also - weirdly he looks a lot younger

I read somewhere that lighter hair looks better on people as they age. He should have gone au naturale years ago.

• Love 5

I had no idea that Sharon Case and Mark Grossman we’re dating. How did I miss that? I know she really Michael Muhney but he was married so they were just friends but I totally missed this. I’m really slipping. Back in the day I would know this crap. Maybe, I’m just so old that I don’t care as much. LOL!!! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Y&R goes back to work next week

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-back-to-work-next-week/

The cast and crew of Y&R are heading back to work next week, sources confirm to Digest. With new protocols and guidelines for production in place, the show will join sister soap B&B, which returned to CBS Television Studio two weeks ago. “Of course, we want to take every precaution to stay healthy, so I hope it all works out,” one of the actors told Digest in a recent interview. “I think we’re all going a little stir-crazy and anxious to get back on set again.”

• Useful 5
5 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I wonder if/how they will address Covid-19?

I doubt they'll address it in the context of the show itself, but things will likely look much different. Poor widdle Dickolas won't be able to get any for a while. And Victor won't be able to get in anyone's face.  I expect real life couples like Bryton and Brytni will be fine if they want to do any love scenes. And I don't expect to see Faith or the other children on set. 

I'm actually interested to see how this works out and hoping it DOES work out.

• Love 7

I wonder if/how they will address Covid-19?

I also doubt they'll address it in the show because TPTB might deem the face mask matter to be too political, or at least regarded as political by a chunk of their audience. Back in the early days of movies and TV the producers had to find clever ways to suggest certain intimacies without showing them. I imagine the soaps will use some of those old tricks, plus some new ones like CGI.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well that should be...interesting.

But this is troublesome considering the financial state of soaps in general:

It will certainly cost more, he said. Preventing the disease’s spread is labor and time intensive

Y&R may not be affected by it, but ABC would kill GH in a heartbeat if they could find something suitable to replace it. And with costs soaring and ratings dropping, this could be the death knell. 😞

Edited by Sake614
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Well that should be...interesting.

But this is troublesome considering the financial state of soaps in general:

Y&R may not be affected by it, but ABC would kill GH in a heartbeat if they could find something suitable to replace it. And with costs soaring and ratings dropping, this could be the death knell. 😞

Oh joy, more chat shows and game shows.

• Love 2

Well they’re cheap to produce...😝

Yes, I remember when ATWT was replaced by The Talk at first the Nielson ratings of the replacement talkshow were slightly lower and some folks on Twitter were TOLD YOU SO! REGRET IT NOW CBS?! However, the COST of a static set talk show is such a fraction to what As the World Turns was CBS knew full well what they were doing.

• Love 2

Well they’re cheap to produce

Especially now since they're being done over Zoom or whatever from the hosts' homes. The network doesn't even have to provide a studio anymore. Game shows might be a different story though. The ones I've seen where they've tried to go without the studio audience don't seem as much fun to me. I guess those judge/courtroom shows can use cardboard cutouts instead of actual people in the gallery but I don't see how shows like Maury Povich or Wendy Williams would work again until the pandemic is over.

Max and Demi make a beautiful couple. Congrats to them. Maybe he could get her to do an appearance on Y&R? (Right. Gone are the days when soaps would have actual known recording artists on the show. There's not much appeal for the artists given all the other alternatives on social media platforms.)

• Love 2
On 6/11/2020 at 4:35 PM, spinxella said:

Is it just me that finds these social media posts that smack of "Hey look at me, I'm protesting!" are really distasteful? First of all, the chances she just happened to run into her mother while protesting, yeah...um...No. Then the footage of her prancing and dancing around like she's at a dance party instead of a BLM march? Yeah...um...No. It's not Mardi Gras FFS.

ETA: There's no way that Max Erlich, a two bit temporary/part time character on Y&R, can afford a ring like that. My bet is she paid for it. And it's sad because it looks ridiculous on her hand, it's way too big for her.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Runningwild said:

So did they save some episodes that were filmed before social distancing?

Also, I think it’s hilarious that Lily is back now that Cane is gone. Is her return related to his exit in some way?

I think she required multiple exorcisms and flea baths before she was finally free of any lingering infection.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, dbklmt said:

Anyone looking for a bungalow in the Hollywood Hills? Michelle Stafford has listed her second home for a measly $950,000 😮

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/home-and-garden/soap-star-michelle-stafford-lists-l-a-bungalow/ss-BB184qWb?ocid=msedgntp

I love that shower in the bathroom and that it has a seating area too. I'm not a bathtub person so it looks like heaven to me. If the kitchen in that bungalow had more storage available along with a bit more counter space it wouldn't be a bad main home for one person or a couple.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I have watched a zillion house shows and I don't think I have ever seen a dishwasher under a wall oven under a microwave. Would that even pass a building inspection? I am flabbergasted at seeing that dishwasher right under the oven. 

BB184qVJ.img?h=582&w=1119&m=6&q=60&u=t&o

You're right!  I didn't even see that.  From the picture it looks like each one is stacked on another, too.  Plus, who can reach that microwave?

What a disaster.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

How many times did she leave something in the microwave above her head to reheat it and forget it was up there?  The range also is oddly installed.  If you were standing at the end of the counter, you'd have to reach over the burners to turn down the flame. 

The outside of the house is interesting.  It looks like something that dates back to old Hollywood.  But it was renovated cheaply and probably not up to code.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, boes said:

You're right!  I didn't even see that.  From the picture it looks like each one is stacked on another, too.  Plus, who can reach that microwave?

What a disaster.

I didn't notice that stacked up mess at first either. I just want that damn shower in the bathroom.

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, boes said:

What a disaster.

Somebody missed the "form follows function" section at design school.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Somebody missed the "form follows function" section at design school.

My mom owned a kitchen and bath remodeling business. There is such a thing in kitchen design as a "work triangle". The triangle being composed of the range/oven, sink and refrigerator. This is more like a work ping pong ball.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, peacheslatour said:

My mom owned a kitchen and bath remodeling business. There is such a thing in kitchen design as a "work triangle". The triangle being composed of the range/oven, sink and refrigerator. This is more like a work ping pong ball.

And there is a reason dishwashers are put next to the sink - so you don't drip water on the floor while loading the dishwasher.  Someone is likely to slip, fall & crack their head open.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And there is a reason dishwashers are put next to the sink - so you don't drip water on the floor while loading the dishwasher.  Someone is likely to slip, fall & crack their head open.

It also has to do with plumbing. You put the things that are plumbed to the waterline next to each other.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

It also has to do with plumbing. You put the things that are plumbed to the waterline next to each other.

Yes, and can you image how many plumbing & electrical connections are behind that stack of appliances?  The current code in my area requires each of them to be on its own circuit.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Shame on B&B for letting her go, but good for Courtney!

I wonder if she’ll be playing Sally. I know Eileen Davidson & Kimberlin Brown were on Y&R originally and they landed at B&B playing their characters. Of course, I think they were around the Bill Bell days and he “owned” the characters. Now, Brad Bell’s team created Sally so I wonder if they would allow it. Either way she might do well there but Y&R has a boatload of woman characters now and they don’t even write for them. 

• Love 4

The two shows were pretty separate entities by the time Amber came to Y&R, weren't they?  I hope it's Sally, too, but I love CH, so I'm good either way!  Maybe Sally will de-shmattafy Chelsea 2.375.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2