Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The Lady in the Lake / S02.E02: A View In The Dark

Peggy moves to the City of Angels to help Chief Daniel Sousa at the West Coast Strategic Scientific Reserve (SSR) investigate a bizarre homicide involving an alleged killer and Isodyne Energy, and reunites with some familiar faces.

Peggy discovers her murder investigation has huge ramifications that can destroy her career, as well as everyone near and dear to her.
  • Love 1

First off, every scene with Peggy and Mr. or Mrs. Jarvis was made of win.  There wasn't a single interaction that didn't leave a huge, stupid grin on my face. 

So that zero matter stuff means that there is a good chance Isodyne accidentally created the same stuff that makes up the Agents of Shield Monolith only its perpetually stuck in "liquid" and sending stuff to other places versus "solid." and now somehow infected a person.  Right?

• Love 11

Wow. Jack is an A-hole.  I enjoyed it immensely when Dottie put him on his ass. I know the fall of the SSR is what leads to SHIELD-but I really could care less about his part in that story.

Jury is out on Souza's lady friend (although I would like for her to be just a regular person) as well as the good Doctor but gems like the "You gonna punch all of LA?"  might put me in his corner (when Peg eventually rescues him from the black shifty stuff).

"He's the devil in pink."  I've missed Jarvis. He was just amazing this entire episode.  I like Mrs. Jarvis very much. Peg needs a lady friend who is awesome as her.

Also- Yay for Rose!!!

I am going to love the wardrobe this season.  

Poor Peg- she has the worst luck with men.

Also- Ray Wise!!!!

Edited by gik910
  • Love 6

Everybody loves Peggy. Sousa and Dr. Wilkes are smitten, Ana Jarvis and Sousa's girlfriend love her on sight. I loved that there wasn't even the slightest hint of jealousy from Ana during that judo scene.

I was very curious how they were going to handle the racial politics when I heard they cast Reggie Austin, after all this is the universe where Cap integrated the US Army. All my concerns were dispelled when Detective Henry called Dr. Wilkes "The Janitor". Of course that didn't stop him from running to Wilkes to fix him. It was actually fairly subtle until Peggy and Wilkes got to the bakery. I'm also fairly sure he's not dead.

• Love 7

I thought is was a great Season 2 return from where we left off in Season 1.

Peggy looks gorgeous -- even when she's kicking ass and not bothering to take names, and improvising when she's out of bullets.

That fight with Dottie was all kinds of awesome.

• Love 7

I hope Dr. Wilkes isn't dead. Since the other lady is alive, and this is the MCU, which runs on the "if there aint no body, don`t bother with the funeral" principle, I feel like he might be back. 

I am so glad this show is back! 

Jack getting his ass kicked by Dottie was amazing. And I am thrilled Kurtwood Smith is here. Hopefully he gets around to calling Jack a dumbass at some point in the near future. 

Mr. and Mrs. Jarvis are both awesome. 

Has Sousa gotten even hotter this season? California agrees with him. I like his girlfriend (Hi Mary/Aurora!) but I fear she might be shady somehow. 

Agents of Shield cross over! Glad they are connecting stuff more. Lets just hope this does not end with a space boyfriend love triangle. 

Peggy is amazing as always. 

• Love 7

Where, or rather, what building was standing in for Isodyne(?)?  The mural on the wall looked very familiar.

Don't know if it was planned or not but, nice touch there to the GMC commercial showing the black goo becoming like little spikes then into a tire/car commercial.

• Love 3

Agents of Shield cross over! Glad they are connecting stuff more. Lets just hope this does not end with a space boyfriend love triangle. 

I think it could end with someone from Agent Carter becoming a guest cast member on Agents of Shield.

Can I just say nemesis flamingo and turtle maneuver. LOL.

• Love 3

I thought this was a solid season opener--probably more engaging than last season's. I also felt like the series picked up right where it left off, which is both good and bad.

The Good: everything to do with Jarvis, Mrs. Jarvis, and Peggy-Jarvis-Mrs. Jarvis. The Peggy-Jarvis team-up continues to be the heart of the show; Atwell and d'Arcy have wonderful chemistry. (Also, in the face at least, he looked swoonworthy in the judo scene.) Thus far, at least, Mrs. Jarvis seems to be a wonderful third wheel. I like her friendship with Peggy (though I do miss Angie).

Bridget Regan continues to be creepy as FUCK as Dottie and she and Peggy are totally believable as nemeses.

Dr. Wilkes! He had great romantic chemistry with Peggy, better romantic chemistry than she's had with anyone except Captain America. No way he's dead. Also, along with Jarvis, he's bringing the eye candy like WHOA.

The Bad: Basically everything having to do with the SSR that isn't Peggy. The SSR needs to completely die off already, it's just.not.interesting.at.all. Thompson is an obnoxious waste of space.

Sousa still has zero romantic chemistry with Peggy and jfc, who thought giving him an almost-fiancee would make him look anything but bad? There's no way he doesn't come out of this looking unworthy of Peggy. Just drop the romantic Peggy/Sousa plotline, writers. It's not working. And I've never seen him in anything else, but Enver Gjokaj just doesn't have much screen presence in this role.

Basically drop Thompson and Souza and the SSR and get to the founding of SHIELD already, dammit. The fix is so obvious.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 4

Peggy was awesome as usual, and looked gorgeous as usual.

Mrs Jarvis was awesome, no wonder Jarvis fell in love with her and risked everything for her.

Sousa was Sousa, Dottie's back, the flamingo was nice comic relief, we should at least see Bucky this season (the frozen lady was loaded into the same thing Bucky was in in that photo at the end of Winter Soldier, along with the freezing), and we'll get more Howard working with Peggy and the SSR, perhaps Sousa will let Howard help him with his leg.  I liked this episode, and I'm looking forward to this season.  There is one bad thing, where is Angie?

• Love 6

Great to have the show back and the two premiere episodes were fun and set up the season well. I just love Peggy. Hayley Atwell plays her with such genuine spirit and courage. It doesn't hurt that Peggy is lovely and charming. Her outfits at the race track and at the club were flattering and stylish.

I hope that Wilkes isn't dead. The other people were sucked in, maybe he was also. He can return with powers and become a superhero. He has great chemistry with Peggy.

What is Daniel doing? I don't understand why he is rushing headlong into a marriage with the nurse when he has unresolved feelings for Peggy.

Jarvis has always made my gaydar ping so color me surprised when his wife turned up. 

Anyone surprised Thompson got ahead by nepotism? He is such a douche bag. I was disappointed that we were not rid of him. I hope that he does not become part of SHIELD.

It was great to see Howard in the previews. I did laugh at his seduction car.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I adore this show.  Peggy and Mr. Jarvis are perfection as always, and Mrs. Jarvis seems like she'll be a lot of fun too.  Loved seeing Dottie back as well, and I'm glad they're keeping her in reserve.  The new conspiracy is promising (I had the same thought that the Zero matter might be related to Agents of SHIELD's monolith).  I thought things were moving pretty quickly between Peggy and Wilkes, so I wasn't surprised when he (seemingly) died.  I fully expect him to return.  I like him all right as a character, though jury's still out for me whether he's the "right" match for Peggy (but I'd need more than two episodes in any case).  Sousa still seems to have some feelings there, and I don't entirely trust his new girlfriend.  There was something a little bit off about that scene at the end that I can't quite put my finger on.  Maybe her  nurse's uniform is just too blindingly white.

• Love 3

The Bad: Basically everything having to do with the SSR that isn't Peggy. The SSR needs to completely die off already, it's just.not.interesting.at.all. Thompson is an obnoxious waste of space.

I'm going to give this a little longer because Peggy needs opposition and they use Thompson for that.  He's clearly now visible to the LA power club that Dottie was trying to steal from and counting on them to advance his career.  So he'll temporarily deny and subvert Peggy's attempts to stop their nefarious schemes.  So that piece has marginally more possibility to become interesting than Sousa.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

Season 1 of this show had its pluses, principally Atwell, but it always felt to me like it was just shy of being the show it wanted to be.  This season is off to a much stronger start.  In part I think the change of setting helps; since they're filming in LA, there's way more outdoor scenery they can use without blowing the budget, whereas fake 40s New York was kinda limiting.

Interested to see where they're going with Peggy's romantic life (Jarvis' joke about not having found the right actor was funny).  I'm not sure what to make of Sousa's fiancee (going by standard TV rules it'd be about 50/50 that she's evil or will die), or that whole situation; I guess Peggy continued her UST with Daniel for a while, then he moved out to LA and it's been, what, six months?  That seems kinda quick to be at the point of proposing marriage, particularly when he pretty obviously is still attracted to Peggy.  Wilkes had a strong debut, too, as another potential suitor.  Obviously not dead, though I'm not sure where he is (we weren't shown that Frost had him, but that would be the most obvious conclusion).

That Dottie is still in the game is interesting.  I wonder how she'll tie into everything else?  I could quite figure out what Jack's motivation was supposed to be for sending Peggy away.  Though I somehow doubt this association with Kurtwood Smith is going to work out well for him.

Jarvis' wife fits into the series nicely.  If she and Edwin were still around when Tony was a kid, I'm sure he'd have found her amusing.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 4

I disagree that Peggy and Souza don't have chemistry, but I also think Hayley Atwell has chemistry with just about everyone. Souza is clearly far too by-the-book to act on his feelings. I do think, however, that Enver Gjokaj is woefully underutilized here. He was by far the best thing about "Dollhouse." That being said, I don't think Wilkes is gone and I think he's a great match for Peggy.

Speaking of actors I'm particularly fond of, I'm tickled pink to see Lotte Verbeek as Mrs. Jarvis. She is just a delight.

• Love 10

First off, The Peggy/Dottie feud is awesome.   Dottie pretty much single white femaleing her wardrobe was a really good trick.   And their showdown in the bank was awesome.  It was interesting to see how they match up when Peggy isn't caught off guard by just how skilled Dottie is.   I thought that gave Dottie more of an edge in her fight with Peggy last year, so seeing Peggy fully aware and expecting, of how skilled Dottie is, made the fight a little more even, though I still think minus Peggy's improvisation, Dottie comes out ahead.   A bag of coins. LOL.

It's such a shame that Peggy and Jack Thompson will never be cohesive (due to him) because they both have skills the other lacks.   He's a slime but he seems to be shaping up to be someone that can handle inter-agency politics and that is something Peggy lacks.   She seems to be a head on kind of girl.   Calling out your supervisor on his insecurity doesn't resolve anything to a subordinate's satisfaction Peggy, but I'm glad she's not perfect.

Dottie's grudge against Peggy does verge on the side of scary.   I was afraid for Peggy when she uncuffed Dottie and told her "I'm not afraid of you".

I can't help it, I really like Sousa and Peggy.  Maybe it's the actor who I've seen in a few things.   When he first saw Peggy in LA I expected to see cartoon hearts swirling out of his eyes.    And he moved out to LA to develop a personal life and he's kind of built one but he is drawn to Peggy no matter what.   When he touched base with Jarvis and they returned from discovering the bullet holes all over that place and Peggy was missing.  WHOA.    I'm interested to see if anything finally develops between them.   

I also liked Dr. Wilks.   He and Peggy developed a really nice chemistry in the 2nd hour.   I just can't see Peggy ending up with a  civilian.   Though strangely if Dr. Wilks is alive and they don't go any further, I feel like it will be his choice.   Can't say why though.

Love Mrs. Jarvis and Mr. Jarvis is always awesome.   Her blasé reaction to the judo match between Jarvis and Peggy displays a very confident woman.

Mr. and Mrs. Chadwick seem like they will make very good villains.   And how awesome was it to see Ray Wise again.   I love the continuity of the Agent Carter Mini-Series.   I feel like this show has the Marvel Movies beat in terms of casting memorable villains.   Dottie, Dr. Venchenko (???), now this council (super creepy when they were all putting out the candles).

LOVE Peggy's outfits, HATS and her american accent.   And love that the previews showed her in a LOT of disguises.  I can't wait.

This era of the Marvel U only has 10 episodes of history, yet I feel like just about everyone is a fully realized character.   I get a sense of the motivations or motivating frustrations of just about every character on the canvas.

Edited by Advance35
  • Love 14

That Dottie is still in the game is interesting.  I wonder how she'll tie into everything else?  I could quite figure out what Jack's motivation was supposed to be for sending Peggy away.  Though I somehow doubt this association with Kurtwood Smith is going to work out well for him.

You may have noticed this.  But that pin/key thing Dottie was trying to steal had the same emblem as the club where the Chadwick met Ray Wise's character etc.  Those are the guys that Kurtwood Smith said are aware of Thompson.  And its going to turn out badly because they are up to no good.

I think Thompson sent Peggy away just because the other agents would not shut up about her skills.  He was feeling inferior because he knows (and they know) he took credit for what Peggy did to advance in his career.

• Love 6

First off, The Peggy/Dottie feud is awesome.   Dottie pretty much single white femaleing her wardrobe was a really good trick.

I enjoyed how her face fell after Thompson told her that Peggy was off doing something else.

• Love 4

So the Council is supposed to be part the ancient group that lead to Hydra, right?  The symbol they showed outside the council room (and on the pins) looked like the a variation of the NASA ram symbol.  

tedious.  

I can't keep ll the comic plots straight, but I thought the Zero Matter acted more the gravitronium from AoS than the monolith.  And on last season, Ray Wise's character was working with some sort of gravity matter too.  

The Thompson / New York plot is painfully dull.  I''m also finding this unresolved tension schtick between Peggy and Sousa tedious.  Otherwise, great show.

• Love 2

Carter has some bad luck with men, one gets frozen and the other gets sucked into a black hole. I guess Sousa's in love with her even though he's attempting to marry another woman. Then there's Dottie who seems obsessed with her. Peggy gets all sorts of fans. 

And I guess were up for another round of men that feel inferior because Cater is better than them with Jack and Red Foreman. 

It's weird to see Geillis from Outlander playing Mrs. Jarvis. I do love her confidence and her making Peggy garters with holsters. 

And Peggy mentioned her brother which is I suppose how we get Sharon Carter. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

There is a lot to like in this episode, and I'm certainly glad to have the show back on the air, but something about this episode feels a bit too cutesy and almost smug, and it's turning me off. 

Going to watch the second hour now, so hopefully it was just a one-off thing.

• Love 1

Nice for Agent Carter to continue to raise the bar for Agents Of SHIELD. Peggy is awesome, and the action is still frantic. Sure, we have to deal with monolith goo again, but at least we have a prospective origin: atomic testing.

Nice to see Mrs. Jarvis. Also nice that Sousa has somebody special. It sucks that Peggy can't find a guy without an expiration date. How long did she know Jason . ..  .two hours? Three?

So the Council is supposed to be part the ancient group that lead to Hydra, right?  The symbol they showed outside the council room (and on the pins) looked like the a variation of the NASA ram symbol.

I'm with you on the Hydra connection. I binge-watched AoS to catch up a couple of weeks ago and think the lapel pin and logo is close to some of those pre-Hydra drawings FitzSimmons found.

Is Ms. Frost (haha) now zero matter? I love almost every character in this show other than Thompson because he's an ass. When he uncuffed Dottie, I said "I give her 1 minute to take him out". I think it took 2 to allow for his posturing. Great start!!

• Love 1

It seems like Sarah Bolger's turn to be all over tv like Bridget was last couple of yrs. Jarvis was cracking me up with the flamingo, but I think it would've been hilarious if he had to deal with a peacock from The Arboretum since they went to Santa Anita Park. Love seeing Ray Wise again and the fight scene with Dottie. Currie Graham makes a good shady guy. Took me the entire 1st ep for me to figure out I'd seen Ana Jarvis on Outlander and already loving the Peggy/Ana friendship. I like how Rose maybe getting more screen time this season since it's a small office. Heh Souza in a Hawaiian shirt instead of a sweater vest. I did lol at seeing the LA river and the same underpass that every LA production seems to use.

• Love 1

Yay, Agent Carter is back!  I missed Peggy.  And Jarvis.  Daniel too.  Even missed seeing Jack being an idiot and getting his ass kicked.  But mainly Peggy though.  One of my favorite lead characters out there.  And Hayley Atwell continues to be extremely gorgeous and captivating to watch.

So far, I like the new LA setting and the changes that come with it, like Daniel being Peggy's "chief" now, and the differences between the LA civilians and the NY civilians.  A lot of new characters too, and most of them were good.  Already loving Mrs. Jarvis and the way she plays off Jarvis and Peggy, Whitney Frost and her husband might be solid enough antagonists, Kurtwood Smith being Kurtwood Smith, and I really enjoyed Dr. Wilkes.  I don't think he is dead since Whitney survived the explosion, so I'm curious to see where they are going with him.  I liked him and Peggy, but I'm not sure if he will end up being her future husband.  Of course, I'm still on the "Along as it isn't Jack, I'm fine" category.

Thrilled that Dottie isn't out of the picture, and seems to have taken her Peggy obsession to another level.  I get being smitten with Peggy, but calm yourself, Dottie!  Bridget Regan continue to be perfectly unhinged in this role.  I'm so glad she ended up having a good post-Legend of the Seeker career.  I guess the FBI has her now, but I'm sure she'll be back.  Either she'll escape, or Kurtwood Smith's agent is up to something that involves her.

Daniel's girlfriend being played by a well known actress like Sara Bolger makes me think she is going to end up not being a mere nurse. Won't say she'll end up being evil or anything, but I'm keeping my eye on her.

Jarvis pretty much begging Peggy to accompany her after months of dealing with Howard's shit, was hilarious.  James D'Arcy is perfection in this role.

So, this Council group is apparently some kind of shady organization that is responsible for a lot of bad stuff, like the Stock Market Crash.  Oh, and Ray Wise is back and in the group, after briefly appearing in season one.  That was a nice touch.

Tuesdays have gotten so much better now!

• Love 3

The second hour was better, pacing wise. I think the first hour just felt a little too frenetic, and that is what made the cutesiness a little unbearable to me.

I hope they don't go the Hydra route with the secret conglomerate; I'm getting a little tired of Hydra being behind everything. They're not Nemesis.

(I miss you, City of Heroes.)

I'd much rather this be something Roxxon related (and given the return of Hugh Jones- yay! I love Ray Wise- and Roxxon's ties to Darkforce in the comics via Black Mamba- I'm hoping that it turns out to be just Roxxon, or Roxxon and some other wealthy industrialists not formerly Nazis.)

• Love 3

I can't keep ll the comic plots straight, but I thought the Zero Matter acted more the gravitronium from AoS than the monolith.  And on last season, Ray Wise's character was working with some sort of gravity matter too.

Yes! I yelled "Graviton!" when Wilkes first looked over at the container. The DH said, " Well, not him." and I amended my statement, but I was surprised (happily) that they are going into the background of that stuff. ( Yes, Wilkes had best not be hurt, or too hurt.)  Also, the footage Wilkes showed Peggy was very much like the implosion bomb Peggy and Jarvis barely escaped last season. Peggy may have been playing things close to the vest due to not fully trusting Dr. Wilkes, but it was something she'd seen up close. It seemed like the script had her act as if she hadn't seen that type of thing before genuinely, though.

Yeah, Daniel and the file cabinet scene. Dude, fish or cut bait. I had an hour of that stuff over on the CW. It was annoying to get it on this show. Timing, I guess.

Can we have Ana's thread subtitled " She's A Hugger?" Because Ana is awesome and deserves a thread for being awesome. And she sews garter holsters! But, that's me.

Rose! And the clown bit! And Rose, looking like she's gonna be more involved! Yay, Rose!

Hopefully, Jack is playing a long con just to see where his dad's friend is leading him. Maybe with Peggy gone, Jack figured that the group would feel it would have an easier time trying to recruit Jack?  I think Jack is more patriotic than folks give him credit for being. Not that he can't do the political thing, but he isn't a total fool. Jackass, sure, but not a fool.

Other than missing Angie, it was a great kick-off to Season 2.

• Love 3

I'm still hoping Wilkes isn't dead but trapped in another dimension!

So glad for the return of very British Peggy and Jarvis repartee, this time in 40s era LA.

Anna Jarvis is awesome.

Dottie Underwood is back and even more crazy and dangerous. I love it!

Damn it Souza why couldn't you just tell Peggy about your new girlfriend(who's obviously going to realize he still has feelings for Peggy).

Whenever Hayley Atwell speaks in an American accent I become happy.

• Love 3

It was refreshing to have women not being jealous in situations where they likely would have IRL, although Ana planting a hot kiss on her husband in front of Peggy kept it real.

And I loved Ana's floral print top in her first scene of playing fashion advisor to Peggy.

I stopped watching AoS at least a year ago and can't recall the specifics of the anti-matter or whatever it is, but since it's now residing in Currie Graham's character's wife, I probably don't need to know any more than I see on this show, right?

• Love 1

Welcome back, show! The opening fight with Dottie was gold.

Mr. and Mrs. Jarvis are just awesome. Died laughing at the flamingo scene, as well as Jarvis showing Peggy Howard's leisure mobile. Howard really does get more ridiculous every time we hear about him. Now the question becomes who was the lady that actually got him to marry her (and have Tony)?

I loved Dr. Wilkes, but if he's alive, I'm afraid he's going to wind up a superpower end villain.

Am I the only one that isn't hoping Souza winds up with Peggy? He's nice and all (even if he's using Violet as a rebound), but u don't want Peggy to marry the first guy who showed an interest in her RIGHT AFTER Cap's demise. It's just so trite.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

There is a lot to like in this episode, and I'm certainly glad to have the show back on the air, but something about this episode feels a bit too cutesy and almost smug, and it's turning me off. 

It doesn't bother me as much, but I think its the Peggy and Jarvis interaction that that is at the root of this.  Its much more screwball comedy between them than last season.  I don't know if you've seen the Agent Carter vs. Agents of Shield dubsmash war, but I thought about it a lot during the episode.  I think last season they wrote less of the actors sense of humor (or at least willingness to act like a goofball for comedies sake) into the roles. especially D'Arcy.. 

• Love 1

It doesn't bother me as much, but I think its the Peggy and Jarvis interaction that that is at the root of this.  Its much more screwball comedy between them than last season.

I love humor interspersed with drama and action. It's use on this show is a reason to keep watching, for me. The way the actors connect is another plus, and I suspect getting to do bits of humor helps them to bond.
  • Love 2

Yes, I got that feeling, too. And it started when Peggy went through the clandestine entrance for the LA SSR office, behind the wall of file cabinets, where we find :

1. Windows. Not very secretive when people can see you from the street.
  2. Dozens of people working in dozens of offices. Everyone comes in through the fake talent agency file cabinet entrance every day?
  3. A member of the local police department is there....who turns out to be one of the bad guys. 
  4. Dr. Wilkes and everyone else involved in the case is brought into the office at some point. 

I feel the show loses a lot because of the LA setting. New York still had that post WW2 feel, with the diners, night clubs and single-women-only boarding houses. LA in the 40's feels just as detached from the real world as it does today. 

And basically it just feels like laziness when tv shows are set in LA. 

What made Agent Carter stand out in the first season was how Peggy was able to overcome the social conventions of the day and still  get the job done. Sometimes it was heavy-handed, but it was fun to see how Peggy dealt with being ahead of her time. Things seem pretty easy for her in LA. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 4

Really enjoyed the premiere and glad to have Agent Carter back.  I agree that Haley Atwell seems to have chemistry with everyone.  She was great, Jarvis was too and I really like Mrs. Jarvis.  Love the LA setting...this show always does the 1940s very, very well.

Jack is a jackass and he would have failed miserably with Dottie, who definitely seems to go the single white female route with Peggy.  That fight with her in the beginning was awesome.

What the hell is Anna Jarvis' accent?

Depending on the line, I think English, Scottish, or Russian.

It's adorable, don't get me wrong, but I can't tell if it's just bad accent work or deliberately Tommy Weisau-ing.

Lotte Verbeek is Dutch.  I don't know if that's her normal accent or not.

What the hell is Anna Jarvis' accent?

Depending on the line, I think English, Scottish, or Russian.

It's adorable, don't get me wrong, but I can't tell if it's just bad accent work or deliberately Tommy Weisau-ing.

In the first season Mr. Jarvis said  he lost his Army commission getting Ana out of Budapest and went to work for Howard  Stark.. So a Hungarian Jew is the back drop.

Everybody loves Peggy. Sousa and Dr. Wilkes are smitten, Ana Jarvis and Sousa's girlfriend love her on sight. I loved that there wasn't even the slightest hint of jealousy from Ana during that judo scene.

I was very curious how they were going to handle the racial politics when I heard they cast Reggie Austin, after all this is the universe where Cap integrated the US Army. All my concerns were dispelled when Detective Henry called Dr. Wilkes "The Janitor". Of course that didn't stop him from running to Wilkes to fix him. It was actually fairly subtle until Peggy and Wilkes got to the bakery. I'm also fairly sure he's not dead.

The racial reboot was kind of jarring to me. In the first episode Dr Wilkes is openly flirting with Agent Carter in front of a 1940's LAPD detective. And then halfway through the second episode came the retcon with the good doctor having a hard time coming out of the Navy, and "the Janitor". But not so much that he was warned away, even in the safe space of the club at the Dunbar Hotel.

• Love 1

Good premiere! Very entertaining. I don't think there was any portion where I was looking at the clock wishing they'd get on with it.

...Interested to see where they're going with Peggy's romantic life (Jarvis' joke about not having found the right actor was funny).  I'm not sure what to make of Sousa's fiancee (going by standard TV rules it'd be about 50/50 that she's evil or will die)...

Jarvis' wife fits into the series nicely.  If she and Edwin were still around when Tony was a kid, I'm sure he'd have found her amusing.

And if we can get Angie to show up as a newly discovered film ingenue, that'd be righteous.

About Violet- if Sarah Bolger isn't an agent, I'm gonna seriously question her choices. She practically had "B. Widow" stenciled on her lapel. Never trust the blond chics in AC-ville.

I like CMM's Thomson. They provided him with depth last season and I'm gonna trust this season will be similar. ITA to above posters that believe he's playing along with Hyd... ack-hum... I mean, the contacts in the FBI that are thwarting his investigation in order to expose them and meet the goals of justice. He's a proud ambitious bastard, but he hasn't been corrupt (ummm, I'll gloss over the nuances of corruption and beating suspects for information).

Yay Ana! Yes to the confident woman that is secure enough in her relationship to allow her husband to hang around the likes of Peggy, Howard, and Howard's innumerable entourage without insecurity. Sock on the doorknob indeed.

So I guess the Not!Stark wanna be senator only wears his He-Man Woman Haters Club pin when he's at meetings? So who was dumb enough to leave the pin in the car for Peggy to find? Maybe I should just let that one go as a mcguffin.

I like the gravi-goo as a plot device so far. Nice way to bring the MCU together and fill in part of the timeline.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if at the end of the second episode, when the zero matter falls after Whitney and Dr. Wilkes fight, what did Whitney mean about only her knowing what the zero matter really was?  I get the feeling that she may have been using the zero matter for something (looking or staying young maybe) and hubby was in on it.  But now it's gone and she's locked herself in her dressing room panicking even before her husband came by to tell her the bad news.  Why would Chadwick be telling his wife anything about the zero matter in the first place?  She's an actress, not part of Isodyne.  The mark on her head may be a crack in her veneer that the zero matter was helping to keep hidden.

• Love 1

Dottie's grudge against Peggy does verge on the side of scary.   I was afraid for Peggy when she uncuffed Dottie and told her "I'm not afraid of you".

I wasn't, but I figured that while Dottie might be able to win a fight with Peggy, her SWF obsession wouldn't let her kill our gal quickly and there was no way she'd be getting out of SSR headquarters with an unconscious Peggy in tow. I did wonder if they were going to let her decapitate Thompson, though. You'd think after his adventures with the Howling Commandos last year he might be more mindful of the fact that there's a whole world of people out there way more badass than he is. He should know Dottie isn't some Manhattan gangster's moll that he can intimidate.

• Love 2

Things I liked (pretty much everything):

Everything Jarvis. And Anna Jarvis.

Jarvis is a literal cinnamon roll. The fact that he's attempting some form of combat training because he wants to help out on the missions is adorable. He better get to beat someone up before this show ends!

Also, I bet between Tony and Bernard, Bernard was probably Howard's favorite.

Howard wasn't even in this episode, but I still love him. i don't care.

Rose!! She's a peggysous shipper!

All the peggysous!

I liked Dr. Wilkes well enough.

The opening fight scene with Dottie was great.

Disliked:

Couldn't care less about Agent CMM. Boo hoo, get over yourself already.

I'm hoping Dottie's reappearances and obsession with Peggy don't get too tedious. I'll start to get bored with her character.

Overall, it was a wonderful 2 hrs.

Also, this is probably an unpopular opinion (very, very unpopular on tumblr for sure): I don't miss Angie. At all. I'm sure we'll see her again someday and I like her character well enough...I just don't miss her. The tumblr fandom is already beginning to ruin my enjoyment of this season because a ton of them are whining about Angie not appearing. Didn't her actress have scheduling issues? It's not the writers' fault.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 4

I enjoyed the double episode season opener.  I like that Peggy is in L.A. this season.  But I don't like that it seems there is going to be a love triangle between Sousa, Peggy and Wilkes.  Must there always be a triangle?  In the comics, it is well known that Peggy

marries Gabe Jones, one of the Howling Commandos, and therefore the character Antoine Triplett that was on Agents of SHIELD that was said to be a grandson of a Howling Commando was widely assumed to be Peggy's grandson as well.

So since Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter are set in the same universe and continuity, I'm not sure what to make of all this.

Wilkes had Peggy meet him at a club frequented by blacks, because he said he didn't want him talking to her to attract a lot of attention.  But yet neither he nor master spy extraordinaire Peggy notice the single creepy white guy drinking alone at the bar, in a bar almost entirely filled with black patrons.

I'm excited to see Whitney Frost, and whether she is going to be the same person as the comics character.  Could have potential.

Loved Sarah Bolger on "The Tudors".  I was sad that they wouldn't continue "The Tudors" beyond the death of His Royal Poopypants Jonathan Rhys Meyers.  A series focusing on Mary Tudor would have been awesome.  I feel bad for her here though, as she is clearly cast in the role of the third wheel.  I'd love to see her as an agent.

Chad Michael Murray just sucks all around.  Hate him and hate his character.  Can they just leave New York completely behind this season?

Lotte Verbeek's accent is all over the place.  I don't find it an excuse that she is Dutch.  The character is supposed to be an Eastern European Jew.  But when she showed up in the morning and asked Peggy if Jarvis was using his patented tortoise of fury, she sounded English.  Then when she asked Peggy if she wanted to go another round with her husband, she sounded Russian.  Later, when she was first talking to Peggy about the dresses, she sounded American.  She needs to pick one accent and stick with it.

• Love 1

Lotte Verbeek's accent is all over the place.  I don't find it an excuse that she is Dutch.  The character is supposed to be an Eastern European Jew.  But when she showed up in the morning and asked Peggy if Jarvis was using his patented tortoise of fury, she sounded English.  Then when she asked Peggy if she wanted to go another round with her husband, she sounded Russian.  Later, when she was first talking to Peggy about the dresses, she sounded American.  She needs to pick one accent and stick with it.

Has the show totally ruled out that she could be a spy?? I don't know but after the Dottie incident I don't think Peggy should trust friendly women.

In the comics, it is well known that Peggy...

Both Dr. Wilkes and Sousa were not saved by Captain America in Europe... So CA:Winter Soldier exposition excludes them as "Mr. Carter". Not to eliminate the possibility that those kids in her bedside photos had a different bio-dad than "Mr. Carter" ....