Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Horsing Around

• Start Topic

I'll admit that I kinda dig Erika so far---she's a refreshingly honest and typical Beverly Hills housewife stereotype I think this show has been sorely lacking.

Plus, she seems to be pretty sweet and easygoing so far, not a shameless social-climber like Taylor, not an elegant-yet-boring random former beauty queen like Joyce, or a gaudy/out-of-place meangirl trouble-maker like Carlton and Brandi. Much like Yolanda originally, she doesn't seem to have to prove herself to anyone and seems perfectly content doing her own thing.

I'm in total agreement that she seems like a smarter Holly Madison/"Girls Next Door" cast member((that show was my guilty pleasure))---she's definitely living the sort of life that I'm sure Holly once imagined with Hef!

Sure, she's tacky as Hell and has an awful babytalk voice, but I love how she owns how lucky she is in a nice and relaxed longtime marriage-for-money, enjoying a luxury lifestyle and a trashy pop princess gig on the side thanks to her successful older lawyer hubby. Good for her and I hope she ends up making more of a lasting, positive impression on this group than some of the other newer BH Housewives over the seasons who only lasted 1-2 seasons.

Also, that Ohio horse breeder was such lowdown trash, the way she was so shamelessly hustling Lisa to buy that poor deformed little horse---I couldn't believe how brazenly she acted about attempting to pass off that horse's lame foot as no big deal, only after putting shoes and a tutu on that limping creature to conceal its "flaws" to a potential customer/mark!! And then she could barely hide her sneering anger when Lisa decided to walk away and think it over; I loved that Lisa R. was totally onto that crook and seemed very uncomfortable with Lisa getting potentially scammed.

My husband saw Taylor cackling onscreen as he walked by the TV and exclaimed in horror, "Oh God, PLEASE tell me they didn't bring that stupid fish-lipped bitch back on here!"

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 16

About the wedding, I did not know that it was a no children wedding.    But, with that said, if two children from the family were in the wedding, that is difficult enough for the other two not to be included.    My family and people I know would never do something like that.   When all is said and done, all you have is more hurt feelings in this extremely messed up family. 

I would of made an exception for the Umansky's so the family could attend together.     This was not the wedding for the kids to learn about adult only.

Of course I would not except good manners and class from either the Dugan/Richards or the Hiltons.   Just more of the same generation after generation.

• Love 6

Erika just came along with Yolanda to get a vitamin C shot, she is just a friend and not a health advocate. Other women would have gone to get a manicure together so it wouldn't be confusing who was an employee and a friend, but since everything Yolanda does is a wacky pointless waste of money "health" procedure, it looks weird. Who goes with a friend to get a Vitamin C shot? People in BH with TOO MUCH money and are curious about all the scams out there to take their money. 

(snip)

I had to laugh at this because "back in the day" B vitamin shots were the go to thing to get. Frankly it was a pretty good bet that something else was added to them, think "Mad Men" and that Dr. who shot them all up with his designer speedball concoction. It kinda was a thing to take a friend or have someone take you to visit their Dr. but we didn't do it for our health, well we might have said so...
  • Love 3
If I were Alexis or Sophia and knew my dad wasn't invited and my mother had been un -invited and then re-invited, frankly, I'd be thinking my mom was kind of a dumbass for going.

I wouldn't be surprised if that actually was what they were thinking--which is different from them feeling like their mother had broken their heart and didn't care about them by going.

I had to laugh at this because "back in the day" B vitamin shots were the go to thing to get. Frankly it was a pretty good bet that something else was added to them, think "Mad Men" and that Dr. who shot them all up with his designer speedball concoction.

I thought that too, especially since it was Harry Hamlin who arranged the "vitamin B" shots on Mad Men!

• Love 3

I had to laugh at this because "back in the day" B vitamin shots were the go to thing to get. Frankly it was a pretty good bet that something else was added to them, think "Mad Men" and that Dr. who shot them all up with his designer speedball concoction. It kinda was a thing to take a friend or have someone take you to visit their Dr. but we didn't do it for our health, well we might have said so...

As it turns out, many with chronic Lyme are extremely low in B12 because of genetic issues and the detox necessary to rid the body of neurotoxins released as the Lyme is killed - someone like me would've done better if I had taken B12 shots previously. Who knew?!
  • Love 5

About the wedding, I did not know that it was a no children wedding.    But, with that said, if two children from the family were in the wedding, that is difficult enough for the other two not to be included.    My family and people I know would never do something like that.   When all is said and done, all you have is more hurt feelings in this extremely messed up family. 

I would of made an exception for the Umansky's so the family could attend together.     This was not the wedding for the kids to learn about adult only.

Of course I would not except good manners and class from either the Dugan/Richards or the Hiltons.   Just more of the same generation after generation.

IMO, just mine, the simple fact that the wedding was out of the country, Nicki/the Hilton's should have included the entire family (minor children/Uncle/BIL) of any guest attending and the siblings/children of family members IN the wedding party. It is arrogant to expect an Aunt to travel to a foreign country so that 2 of her daughters can be IN the wedding and then have to leave the other half of her family back at the hotel. There really was no reason that the other 2 daughters and Mauricio could not have attended the wedding itself and then take Portia back with them to the hotel after the photos were done, before the reciption/party afterwards.

• Love 10
It bothered the hell out of me last week and Kyle brought it up again this week, the wedding.

Just my opinion, but it does not matter who is fighting, who invited who and the rest....if two of your daughters and husband are not invited, you do not go.

It shows how truly classless and without values Kyle is.     It shows exactly who that family is.   Oh, she wanted to go, she did not want to miss the wedding of her niece.    Doesn't matter how her own daughters feel.

I didn't necessarily feel like the daughter gave a damn about the wedding.  It totally read to me as "you adults are embarrassing the hell out of me on national television and it was bad enough that you aired all my dog bite dirty laundry last year."  

Farrah and Nicki are personal friends, Porsha was asked to be flower girl.  We have no idea what the relationship (or not) is between the other two girls and NIcki.  It may not be particularly close.  Were they excluded, or just not invited?  There's a difference. For all we know the "excluded" girls can't stand those cousins anyway. Or ugly words were said between them and Kathy or Nicki or one of Kim's daughters after the dog bite situation.  In that case, they're both old enough to have had personal falling out with the bride that would prevent them from being invited, and not included in a blanket family policy. Or it really was as simple as the bride being close to one of the sisters, the other being age appropriate as a bridal prop, and Kyle being a guest of her mother.

There's obviously tension with Mauricio.  There's also massive tension because of whatever was going on with Kim (plus, tension in general between the 3 sisters).  They've probably learned over the years that they flare up, then are back in each others' business within weeks or months, and the less said about it, the less that has to be ignored/papered over when they actually do make up.  So if there's  a beef between certain family members, the ongoing assumption may be that those people keep their distance.  Things might be different at the next occasion.  On the other hand, if people burn bridges over it, it will take that much longer to heal.   

The horse was so sad.  Basically they're breeding for dwarfism, which comes with certain physical abnormalities.  Beyond that, people breeding anything specifically for size ("tea cup" dogs, etc.) are not selecting for health and temperament and screening for other genetic issues.   I don't even know if it was fat or whether its poor normal sized organs were busting out of its undersized abdomen.

• Love 11

As it turns out, many with chronic Lyme are extremely low in B12 because of genetic issues and the detox necessary to rid the body of neurotoxins released as the Lyme is killed - someone like me would've done better if I had taken B12 shots previously. Who knew?!

Many people, especially older people, benifit from a Vit. B12 shot BUT Yolanda was getting a Vit. C IV!, Not a shot, an IV! With ALL those suppliments she pops, she couldn't add a Vit. C pill, she just has to get via an IV! LOL

• Love 8

Kyle said in a talking head that wedding was adults only. She didn't say it at the dinner with Lisa. But it was said in the same sequence of scenes. I remember thinking I didn't buy that since adults only weddings I went to had a cutoff of 18, but someone unthread mentioned Kim's youngest did not attend. If that's the case, then I buy it.

Kyle and Mauricio seem to take the Mauricio slights because I'm sure initially they empathized with Rick when Mauricio made his move. (I do think Mauricio was right to strike out on his own. ) Kyle said at the time that Rick wouldn't be happy but would understand. She probably figured he'd get over it eventually. clearly she gave Rick too much credit.

Kyle is weird though when it comes to not putting her family over her sisters. The thing that gets me was at last years reunion when Kim minimized Alexias suffering by saying that Alexia got a little bite on her fucking finger. If someone CAUSED the circumstances that put my kid in the hospital with a potentially life threatening blood disease, then said that, I'm pretty sure there would be violence followed by a permanent shutting out of that person. It would be near impossible for Kim to make amends for that remark, in my opinion. I know it's the illness, but Kim has been nothing but her illness for decades and refuses to change. Yet Kyle still agonizes over Kim.

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Love 9

Sophia, Alexia and Kimberly were not at Nicky's bridal shower.  I think that indicates the no kid rule was being applied.  Nicky was 13 when Alexia was born and moved to New York when Alexia was very young where she attended and actually graduated high school.  Nicky has lived the last several years in Europe and New York.  So I don't see where Nicky would have been hanging around with a teenager the past couple of years.  Contrast that with Brook's first wedding Nicky, Paris and Farrah were all in Europe and didn't attend.  Kyle and Mauricio and their daughters cut short their holiday to come back for the wedding.

I don't think people should make exceptions to the no kid rule.  So Nicky and James should hurt the feelings of all the other relatives of children to appease Kyle?  I think not.  These folks have enough dough to arrange for minor wedding party members to be removed once they have completed their duties.  The kids don't get bored and guests aren't subjected to the minors. 

Just for the sake of this discussion, say the rest of the family was not in Europe on vacation at the time of the wedding.  Kyle and her two daughters simply traveled to London for the wedding.  I don't find anything odd about it.  I think Lisa should stick to the old adage it is not polite to ask why someone is not invited.  It does make for good reality TV though-better than IV Vitamin C.

There are only five people needed for a wedding the bride, the groom, an officiant and two witnesses so there is no need of someone being at a wedding but as Vanderpump has said, years later when the feud blows over there will be regrets.

Many people, especially older people, benifit from a Vit. B12 shot BUT Yolanda was getting a Vit. C IV!, Not a shot, an IV! With ALL those suppliments she pops, she couldn't add a Vit. C pill, she just has to get via an IV! LOL

Yeah, I was really commenting on how things come back around. IVs are not for me - or shots either - I can't even watch when they stick me for blood tests. But in some circles it's trendy to get all kinds of vitamins by IV - reminds me of the oxygen bars that were popular a while back.
  • Love 3
Farrah and Nicki are personal friends, Porsha was asked to be flower girl.  We have no idea what the relationship (or not) is between the other two girls and NIcki.  It may not be particularly close.  Were they excluded, or just not invited?  There's a difference. For all we know the "excluded" girls can't stand those cousins anyway. Or ugly words were said between them and Kathy or Nicki or one of Kim's daughters after the dog bite situation.  In that case, they're both old enough to have had personal falling out with the bride that would prevent them from being invited, and not included in a blanket family policy. Or it really was as simple as the bride being close to one of the sisters, the other being age appropriate as a bridal prop, and Kyle being a guest of her mother.

There really is a lot we don't know about the situation. It's also quite possible that Nicki has zero problems with any of the Umansky family, but was already under a ton of wedding stress and capitulated to Kathy's demands. Perhaps Kyle and her girls knew this was mainly Kathy's doing and didn't want to upset Nicki on her big day. It's possible that Mauricio and the middle daughters are pissed/hurt/embarrassed about the situation, but still encouraged Kyle to go. 

• Love 11

She did say that she was 44.

What bugged me was how she was all, "I look great...why wouldn't I?  I have the means to."

I mean, on one hand, if you (think that?) you look fabulous, own it.  But even Alexis Bellino humble-bragging about all the time that she spent on her appearance was more dignified.

Yes, I just used "Alexis Bellino" and "dignified" in the same sentence.

I definitely didn't mind it because, really. If you're the wife of a multi-millionaire(and otherwise healthy) you really should be attractive.  You have no real financial stress and access to every spa, stylist, makeup artist, trainer and chef possible.

• Love 10
AnitaKnight, on 16 Dec 2015 - 2:02 PM, said:

oh, ok.  Thanks for clearing that up.  I thought she was the blonde from Yolanda's side.  So, where did she (Erika) come from?  Is she someone's friend, or just someone new added to the mix? 

I told you I was confused ;)

She's a new cast member... she's in the opening credits.  Therefore she gets paired up with a housewife who she might have even the slightest connection to, and they make it out as though they are "friends."  In reality, she probably met her once, at a party, for 2 minutes - 10 years ago.  In this case, it was a "David and Erika's husband" connection.

LydiaOhLydia, on 16 Dec 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

Bothers me too. I've 4 sisters and when referencing one to a friend I say my sister (then name which sister). I often wonder too if she's meaning Kim or Kathy, then have to wait for the rest of the story to put my best guest on it. 

Given the context of the story she is telling, it has always seemed pretty clear to me which sister Kyle was referring to when she says "my sister." 

dolphincorn, on 16 Dec 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

The Billboard Dance Club Songs chart. It's totally legit. I visit the charts on a regular basis looking for songs to use in my classes because I'm a group fitness trainer and Erika makes the sort of music that you would hear in a fitness class. At the moment, remixes of songs by Adele, Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are in the top-five, so having eight number-one entries is a genuine accomplishment.

LOL, I think the poster was being facetious when she asked about the Billboards, saying, what are they the Billboards .... in Greenland?  Because really, nobody has heard of this chic before.

heatherchandler, on 16 Dec 2015 - 1:49 PM, said:

YES - she is acting as if witnessing the wedding (walking down the aisle, specifically) of her niece is MORE important than the feelings of her daughter.  How does she not see this?

Watching someone walk down the aisle seems like a "memory" she wants to have, just to have it.  Not like it actually matters, but like it is something her idiot mother instilled in her.

I honestly don't think her daughters are going to hold a grudge against their mom for going to the wedding. Personally, when I was 15 and 19, I'd have much rather been doing my own thing than hanging out with a bunch of adults.  All of Kyle and Mauricio's children are extremely well-loved, well-cared for and treated as priorities.  I don't think either of the "uninvited" daughters are going to be scarred for life by not attending the wedding.   

• Love 9

There really is a lot we don't know about the situation. It's also quite possible that Nicki has zero problems with any of the Umansky family, but was already under a ton of wedding stress and capitulated to Kathy's demands. Perhaps Kyle and her girls knew this was mainly Kathy's doing and didn't want to upset Nicki on her big day. It's possible that Mauricio and the middle daughters are pissed/hurt/embarrassed about the situation, but still encouraged Kyle to go. 

I actually think that this or even maybe Nicky didn't even know her mom suggested that Kyle not attend and maybe it wasn't even Kathy maybe it was Kim.  There is just so much we don't know.  Kyle said she wasn't going to the wedding because it was "suggested" that it would be better if she didn't attend.  She never said who exactly said that to her. (But she claimed it was more because of the series she signed up to do not the Agency thing).  She then said she received an email from Nicky and her sister, Kathy saying she was welcome and her husband urged her to go.  For all we know, Nicky may have gotten wind of Kyle thinking she was not wanted and Nicky's email said no - that was never the case.  (which would have backed up Nicky's tweet that she was shocked when it was talked about on tv). Kathy could have also not have known (but I think she did) and maybe Kim said - well, no one wants you there anyway, they all hate you.  Who knows in that family.

• Love 8

Frankly it was a pretty good bet that something else was added to them, think "Mad Men" and that Dr. who shot them all up with his designer speedball concoction. It kinda was a thing to take a friend or have someone take you to visit their Dr. but we didn't do it for our health, well we might have said so...

If only Yolanda would get up and do a tap dance like Ken Cosgrove then maybe I would care about watching her with an IV every episode. It would be a bonus if she tap danced with the IV stand.

• Love 12

One thing about Erika, though, is that I'm going to need her to get her bio info correct. In her bio, it says that she is 29. But on the show, she says that she is 44. I can see pushing her age back a few years so she can have a career as an entertainer, but it's quite a stretch to say you're 15 years younger than you actually are.

LOL they started lying about her age too late.  Her husband gave an interview last summer, and the article discloses her true age as 46.  The "29" is from Wikipedia, obviously that number is self-reported/ she paid for someone to edit Wikipedia thusly.  I say the "44" was an attempt to concoct a more believable, but still false, younger age.  She's been married to Tom Girardi for 15 years.  

Clearly, she's put a lot of money into plastic everything.  Someone upthread said they liked how she shows herself naturally (without makeup).  Ain't nothing natural about how that woman looks, but she's had believable work done and it looks good on her.  I think even her hair is enhanced/ weaved/ etc.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 6

I think I am going to like Ericka.  She appears to be honest and not wrapped up in what others think.  She is beautiful without make up, too.  I would love to see more of them less done up.  Seeing Lisa and Lisar in jeans was a treat but still they did not look all that casual.  How about a pony tail Lisa and less make up?  She is only 56 and looks much older.  Lisar's hat was very nifty!  

• Love 2

LOL they started lying about her age too late.  Her husband gave an interview last summer, and the article discloses her true age as 46.  The "29" is from Wikipedia, obviously that number is self-reported/ she paid for someone to edit Wikipedia thusly.  I say the "44" was an attempt to concoct a more believable, but still false, younger age.  She's been married to Tom Girardi for 15 years.  

Clearly, she's put a lot of money into plastic everything.  Someone upthread said they liked how she shows herself naturally (without makeup).  Ain't nothing natural about how that woman looks, but she's had believable work done and it looks good on her.  I think even her hair is enhanced/ weaved/ etc.  

It makes more sense if she said they married when she was 29. She did say they've been married for 15 years? Which would make her 44 now if she was being truthful.

Funny, I have a crap immune system and no doctor ever told me to get a colonic(No pun intended).

Yolanda makes lif with HIV look like a walk in the park.

Your doctor is smart.  Most of the bacteria in our colon is bacteria our bodies need and use.  Yolanda is probably destroying her immune system with all this crap.  I would have thought she was smarter than that. 

• Love 8

I love Eileen. She has such a great personality and someone you'd want to be friends with. And though she's been a soap star for eons she is down to earth. She looked stunning at the party. Totally agree about Ken getting pushed in the pool - that was scary.

Okay - not liking the new girl already, but will try and reserve judgement to see how she interacts with the group.

Because I'm a major animal lover and want to know how the little horse is doing - does anyone have any idea the name of that horse farm/ranch? I really kind of wish Lisa had taken her and gotten her to a good vet to see what the problem was. But I also understand how hard it would have been if there was nothing that could be done.

http://allstarfarm.wix.com/miniaturehorses#!ourfarm/c1jla

The farm is for sale...Rosebud WAS listed under Dwarf horses this morning but has vanished as the day has gone one. It did state that she was a rescue.  The farm is also for sale.

• Love 2

Your doctor is smart.  Most of the bacteria in our colon is bacteria our bodies need and use.  Yolanda is probably destroying her immune system with all this crap.  I would have thought she was smarter than that. 

It isn't about being smart with Yo.  She is pathologically obsessed with her health, along with a strong aversion to western medicine.  The fact that she is not exploring both says a lot.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

http://allstarfarm.wix.com/miniaturehorses#!ourfarm/c1jla

The farm is for sale...Rosebud WAS listed under Dwarf horses this morning but has vanished as the day has gone one. It did state that she was a rescue.  The farm is also for sale.

The miniature horses are beautiful.  The dwarf horses are not and look like a breeding mistake.  I suppose they are.  ***shrug***

An "on purpose" mistake.  

Why didn't they show their other horses to see if she would be interested?  Maybe they did.  I suppose she was hell bent on buying "the smallest horse in the world."  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
OhGromit, on 16 Dec 2015 - 5:12 PM, said:

Wiki has her age listed as 44. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erika_Jayne

That's why I'm curious where the "29" came from.  If she said on the show last night she is 44, I doubt she's trying to lie and say she's 29.

• Love 1

I actually think that this or even maybe Nicky didn't even know her mom suggested that Kyle not attend and maybe it wasn't even Kathy maybe it was Kim.  There is just so much we don't know.  Kyle said she wasn't going to the wedding because it was "suggested" that it would be better if she didn't attend.  She never said who exactly said that to her. (But she claimed it was more because of the series she signed up to do not the Agency thing).  She then said she received an email from Nicky and her sister, Kathy saying she was welcome and her husband urged her to go.  For all we know, Nicky may have gotten wind of Kyle thinking she was not wanted and Nicky's email said no - that was never the case.  (which would have backed up Nicky's tweet that she was shocked when it was talked about on tv). Kathy could have also not have known (but I think she did) and maybe Kim said - well, no one wants you there anyway, they all hate you.  Who knows in that family.

We know from Kyle that Kathy was upset at her because of the new show Kyle was doing about her life as a kid BEFORE the wedding, so IMO, BOTH Kim and Kathy said it would be better if Kyle didn't attend, I just don't think Nicki was in on the fact that her mother and Aunt Kim said anything to Aunt Kyle, hence why she was "shocked" when she saw the episode aired. JMO

• Love 5

I agree with this.  I don't have a lot of feelings for Kim one way or the other.  But to hear Eileen say at lunch, seeming out of the blue: "Kyle, I have to ask you what the hell is going on with your sister?" made me go, "WTF, Eileen?"   So I imagine for Kim it would really suck.

Just...everyone stop talking about Kim on camera.  And Kim and Kyle.  And Kyle and Kathy.

I suspect the question about Kim was production driven to address what Bravo thinks is the elephant in the room.  Unnecessary since every viewer knows the story, but Bravo seems to like doing that. Or maybe Lisa R and Eileen wanted to make the point - "hey we were right about her all along".  I could see Lisa R doing that, but not Eileen.   I did like that when Kyle said Kim was in rehab, both pointed out that she had left.   Come on Kyle, the whole world knows she beat a path out that door as soon as she could.  

If I never hear Kim Richards discussed again, I would be happy, but since we're going to be "treated" to an appearance by her this season, I guess that won't be possible.

• Love 3

I could hardly enjoy this episode because of that poor horse. Breeders like that are irresponsible but if people buy them it continues. Same with trying to breed these teacup dogs. These animals have all sorts of problems. It's hard not to be taken in by the cute factor though I'm sure for a lot of people.

I don't know what to think of Erika. She seems pretty upfront and doesn't put on airs at least. When she said she was all ass and class, I had to think, well, you've got the ass thing down pat.

I enjoyed Lisa r on this episode which I usually don't. She was funny during the trip to Ohio. I hope Lisa v gives rosebud a home.

Yolanda suffers from affluenza. She's got more money than sense and all these quacks are happy to take it from her. I'm not sure who she would be if she didn't focus so much on herself and illness. I think she enjoys getting treatment because of the care, concern and validation she gets from the practitioners who encourage her to stay in this state. She needs to streamline her treatment. There is no way all that shit she does isn't making her sicker. I have met a lot of people who are always trying new supplements, iv drips, chelation, injections etc and they've been the sickest people I know.

• Love 8

Still not decided on the new girl. I live in LA, and frequently hang out in West Hollywood (which directly borders BH). Besides access to true wealth and lots of plastic parts, Erika is very much NOT Beverly Hills. Beverly Hills types tend to be more like Lisa V., Camille, Yolanda and Eileen (and yes I realize those others actually all live in Malibu, but there's a lot of crossover in the "types" of both places). BH women are looks-obsessed, lots of plastic, but are "classy" to the point of stuffy / uptight, often snobby, etc. They are very much NOT former cocktail waitress-types that just stepped out of a strip club. Erika's Toddlers In Tiaras look in her TH just felt so NOT Beverly Hills. Even though she is a grifter / social climber / wannabe, Taylor is much more Beverly Hills than Erika.

I realize I'm generalizing here, but Erika just seems very out of place to me on the show. She's the type you'd find down in Orange County in Newport Beach, or out in Rancho Mirage near Palm Springs. She lacks a certain refinement that you encounter more often in Beverly Hills. But anyway, she's loads better than broke-ass Brandi, and maybe she'll be the yang to the more traditional ladies' ying.

Also want to add that I have never heard of her music career. I'm a gay man, and it appears based off some of my friends' FB posts that she may have a following in the gay community, in which dance music plays a big part. But I can't say I recognize her name right away. I'll have to listen to some of her songs; maybe I've heard them in a gay dance club without even knowing it. But to me it seems like she plays to the same gay audience that loves really cheesy, over-the-top, drag queen type stuff (including "Don't Be Tardy" and the like). And that's not all of us!

• Love 16

IMO, most don't think she is "faking" being ill but that she is playing it up/exaggerating it for sympathy, more camera time and recognition beyond the show, her marriage to DF and her famous daughter(s). I also think she is really pushing for her own show about HER and her famous/almost famous kids and their friends. JMO though

Yes, I don't think she is faking anything. It does seem that she loves the attention it gives her. Idk what is going on with her health but I do find it interesting that Kyle has brought up her own depression (twice now) and how that brought on alot of physical pain that she didn't realize was in reality her depression and it's affect on her body. Of course kyle will never say, but I wonder if kyle knew/heard things weren't so perfect with David and Yolanda.

Taylor please go away!

Loved the hats. Agree whoever pushed Ken in pool, complete ass.

I wish these women would not bring up Kim to Kyle. Let it go. She's (Kim) not your friend, kyle will feel terrible/guilty discussing Kim with them, they have to know this. Just don't bring her up. I'm sure no one except Kyle is staying up worrying about Kim.

• Love 7

OH NO! It looks like this season is going to be my worst nightmare. Yolanda will be the focus by others questioning whether she has Munchhausen Syndrome (similar to Brooks Ayers cancer-no cancer debate) and we'll all be regularly treated to watching a buxom blonde strutting her boobs and crotch all season. NO THANKS BRAVO! Is Erika Beverly Hills alternative to Tamra Barney from Orange County?

And as far as the intravenous Vitamin C injections, this is purely a celebrity based sideshow to science-based health care. Vitamin C is water soluble, which means that if you take more than your body can use, the excess is excreted in urine. There is no credible evidence to suggest that routine vitamin infusions are necessary or offer any meaningful health benefit. Vitamin infusions are a marketing creation, giving the illusion you’re doing something for your health, but lacking any demonstrable efficacy. Yolanda can well afford to pay from $50 to $250 for a few pennies worth of vitamins delivered intravenously. Any person can get the same amount and efficacy of Vitamin C by simply swallowing a pill every day. Strangely missing is an explanation of why pushing mega-doses of vitamins directly into a vein (and bypassing the liver’s first pass metabolism) is somehow still considered a “natural” treatment.

• Love 14

I wish these women would not bring up Kim to Kyle. Let it go. She's (Kim) not your friend, kyle will feel terrible/guilty discussing Kim with them, they have to know this. Just don't bring her up. I'm sure no one except Kyle is staying up worrying about Kim.

IMO, I don't think any of the HWs could just ignore Kim, never talk about her as soooo much was in the press about her during filming. Asking Kyle about Kim, someone they worked with and got to know, is expected and something most of us would do if in the same situation with a friend/close co-worker who's sister we knew was in enough trouble it made to the local press.

• Love 2

She's definitely got a weave. A cheap plastic barbie doll looking one like Holly Madison and Kim Zolciak used to wear. She needs to step up in that department, she has the money to buy the very best hair out there. 

Agree whoever pushed Ken in pool, complete ass.

My first thought when I saw that was "oh no, watch the hipppppp!!"

• Love 8

It's weird how the RHoBH cast always consists of a relatively normal group of women (Kyle, Yolanda, Lisa, Eileen, LisaR) with a crazy (Kim, Brandi, Erika, Taylor) randomly tacked on.

I think that's the point. The rest can be fun and fairly "normal" and the random outsider or interloper can bring the fake drama. It's clear Taylor was there to cause trouble. She even mentioned the storm coming, or something like that. I know, it was about the weather but not really. She was SO envious of her replacements, IMO. She was less than warm to the "new" girls who are very well received and accomplished in their own right. I was so glad that the old crew was gone when I saw them interact with the Lisa R and Eileen. I don't miss the old gang at all.

I love that Harry Hamlin rarely shows up. That makes me happy as he's an actor who isn't interested and has better things to do. That's how it should stay for my liking. Lisa R needs to stop with the daughters. They are not likable and seem less so each time they show up. Again, Lisa, let the girls go be teens in private. They just don't come off well and teen girls get enough abuse from peers. They don't need the world judging them. I think it could get more ugly by the moment.

Eileen is so damn beautiful and cool and real all at the same time. To quote one of my favorite songs of all time, "If I Didn't Love You, I'd Hate You"! I think it's great that she's a mom with a husband who can be rude and does nothing and a kid who's self absorbed and she's responsible for everything....oh, and has to get to the set to work on Y&R! She's the best. I know, I'm biased. 

The Kim talk was beyond awkward but I love that Lisa was speaking the truth about Kim. It's time and it's refreshing. But poor Kyle. What's she supposed to do there? I'm sure she was told this would be brought up and there was nothing she could do. But I did love the two girls dishing on Kim. She deserved it. She was horrible to both of them. But Kyle did get caught in the middle.

Ken seems off to me. Or maybe he's really just an ass and I'm seeing it. I don't know but he doesn't seem to be all there to me. 

I feel bad about the horse, too. I'd have taken it home and dealt with it's problems. It was sad.

And the comment about about Ken Cosgrove makes me miss Mad Men so much. I have to go watch it all over again. That's where I want to see Harry Hamlin. He's smart enough to know that.

• Love 5

Besides access to true wealth and lots of plastic parts, Erika is very much NOT Beverly Hills. Beverly Hills types tend to be more like Lisa V., Camille, Yolanda and Eileen (and yes I realize those others actually all live in Malibu, but there's a lot of crossover in the "types" of both places). BH women are looks-obsessed, lots of plastic, but are "classy" to the point of stuffy / uptight, often snobby, etc. They are very much NOT former cocktail waitress-types that just stepped out of a strip club.

If that's true, I'd have to take Camille out of the Lisa V, Yolanda and Eileen group and put her in the same category with Erika.  Not a Beverly Hills type at all.  She married money just like Erika did.  Imo, her class is questionable based on some of her behavior and the men she chooses.  Camille was a stripper and a nude model.  She just dresses better than Erika.  If great clothing buys class then she's got it in spades.  She certainly dresses well. 

It's weird how the RHoBH cast always consists of a relatively normal group of women (Kyle, Yolanda, Lisa, Eileen, LisaR) with a crazy (Kim, Brandi, Erika, Taylor) randomly tacked on.

I'd rearrange your groups, too. LOL.  LisaR belongs with the crazy.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

Don't forget Carlton!

Have we learned nothing from RHOC? I apologize in advance, N.Bluth, if you don't watch the dreck that is RHOC, but, we learned from Shannon that if you eat an orange you'll bloat and need an enema, if you have an enema at home, the tip may get lost in your ass and then your husband, who not so secretly hates you, will have to go on an anthropology ass dig for the tip. No. It's much better to have vitamin C administered intranenously.

Bwahahaaha! :)

• Love 3

I don't think people should make exceptions to the no kid rule.

I think everyone is down for a no-kid wedding. Nothing wrong with that. No one needs to make an exception.

Mauricio is not a kid. Alexia is not a kid. Kyle (herself invite, then uninvited, invited again) is not a kid. Sofia is the only kid who was not invited.

The non-invites and the dis-invites were due something bigger than the no-kid-rule. We know its true but we just don't know the specifics.

Kind of bullshit animal lover Lisa didn't want the horse because of the limp.

On watch what happens live, Behati Prinsloo and Seth Meyers were upset that Lisa didn't get the horse just because it was lame. Seth was like, "who cares, so it can't pull the plow?" Behati offered to buy the horse herself.

• Love 6

Isn't vitamin C one of the easiest vitamins to get? Can't Yo get 100% of her body's daily requirement by eating an orange? I do realize that's about a whole 80 calories though...

I don't think the Lady of Lemons is lacking sources of Vitamin C.

• Love 10

Eileen in the car asking her son if he knew where to meet Dad and he was just uh huh'ing and then when Eileen finally got his attention he said he was never told where to meet Dad.....the look on her face!  LOL!!!  Been there!

Eileen's son looks just like her.  What a cutie patootie!  He's going to break some hearts in the future.

I thought she was a bit over the top when she was demanding that Lisa V get her off the horse ranch/farm/whatever. The people that owned or worked for the place were standing right there!!! Calm down.

LisaR mentioned that they had been there for 5 hours.  I probably would have been demanding to be taken home too.  I could see LisaV kissing and petting that horse for 5 hours trying to make a decision on whether to take it with them or not.  She gets in a zone when it comes to animals.  As a friend who was just along for the ride, I would have been bored to tears at that pony mill for 5 hours.

• Love 4

I don't think Kim had said anything about Kyle coming to Nicki's wedding.  Was she and Kyle even talking at the time?  I think the 'maybe you shouldn't come' came directly from Kathy.  Why?  Maybe it was about Kyle's deal for the scripted show.  Maybe it was about Kyle saying something about her two daughters not being invited and her husband.  Maybe it was about Kathy suddenly being responsible for Kim.  Bottom line - IMO, this was about Kathy throwing this out to Kyle.  Did Nicki even know?  Probably not.  Did Nicki know that her two cousins and uncle weren't invited?  I don't know.  I think it was very much probably a situation of Nicki putting her list of names and mom handled the rest but I reserve my right to change my mind.

I think in the end that Kathy is ' the queen Hilton bitch'.  And because she IS the Hilton, she's used to ruling her younger sisters.  Kim is an alcoholic who Kathy pacifies because she thrown the responsibility for the day to day crap to Kyle.  And how dare Kyle become successful and how double dare Mauricio become successful.  It will never be ok between the two of them because Kathy lost her power.   And Kim, well, she will always resent Kyle because she the 'younger' sister who stole her house and caused the outing of her secret.  They'll have periods of being ok but in the end, she resents Kyle as much as Kathy.  The best thing Kyle can do is keep her distance and realize that it's not her 'problem'.  It's theirs.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 13

Kyle and Mo have gone to enough parties over the years, I'm sure the kids understand adult only events.  However, this event had a little more family baggage than those parties. 

If I were Alexis or Sophia and knew my dad wasn't invited and my mother had been un -invited and then re-invited, frankly, I'd be thinking my mom was kind of a dumbass for going.  It would be like what Lisa Vanderpump was trying to convey.  "Gee, mom, how much crap are you going to take?"  Secondary, would be my own hurt feelings. I'd be thinking, "And how much crap are you going to allow them to shovel our way, too?"

I'm sure Kyle's girls aren't all brand new when it comes to conflicts with the Hiltons.  When I was young there was always some conundrum between my mom and her two younger sisters and us kids would just shake our heads and tsk tsk the whole situation because we knew it was just the nature of their relationship.  If my mom fell out with one of her sisters we knew it would blow over with time and life would get back to normal again.  It didn't affect our relationships with our cousins or make our family get togethers awkward in any way.  As far as weddings, most are kid free that I've attended because of the cost of feeding everyone.  Of course, I doubt that was a factor with the Hilton clan, but it just makes since to limit the amount of children who would probably waste the food plus, I think its best not to have kids around if the reception is going to include alcohol.  Kyle's girls shouldn't complain too much if you ask me.  They still got to go to London after all.  Let them pout and carry on if they want to.  I'm sure it isn't something that's going to cause them mental anguish for the rest of their lives.

Farrah's there to watch her, along with a myriad of other cousins and family members - before and during the ceremony.  After the ceremony and pictures, I'd pick her up. What the Hiltons did was a big Eff You to Kyle's family.  I would have let my kids participate in the ceremony but there is no reason I, (Kyle) would need to go.  None whatsoever.

There would be NO WAY I would miss this special moment in my child's life if I had a chance to be there.  And I'm sure Portia wanted her mother there.  I have had two of my kids requested to be a part of weddings that I wouldn't necessarily be invited to but I went because I knew my kids wanted me there.  My little girl wanted her mommie there to see her in her formal princess dress placing pebbles on the floor one at a time.  If I had missed that, I would forever be saddened whenever it came up at family functions.  But I was there and me and my grown daughter still speak of it lovingly to this day.  And my son has been ring bearer for friends of the family as well as family members' weddings and I was there to witness my little man in his tux walking like a little soldier down the isle.  Me and my grown son speak of those occasions fondly and I'm glad I was there to witness it.  I'm sure Kyle felt the same way about Portia being in that wedding.  Some things take precedent over the dumb stuff.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 6

Wait.  When is a nineteen year old a kid?  She's of age, especially in the UK where she's legally allowed to drink and vote.  I say BS on this whole thing about not inviting 'kids' to the wedding.  I think it more of a power play by Kathy and Rick over Mauricio and Kyle.  Sad.

• Love 19