Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Horsing Around

• Start Topic

Oh I think they had the right to bring it up to Kyle just as she had the right to be uncomfortable.  Lisar and Eileen have every reason to despise Kim, probably should not include Kyle in the conversation.  Kyle not wanting to talk about it has ZERO to do with Kim's addiction.  They are very separate issues.  Kim's addiction is hers alone.  Sorry I can't hand Kim an excuse.

Well, both LisaR and Eileen backed off when Kyle told them she didn't want to talk about Kim and the subject was changed to Yolanda. LOL I still think Kyle is wrong in her blog, she is 1 of the 2 original BH HWs left and she knows the subject of Kim would be brought up ON camera to her at some point because Kim was all over the news, not just the tabloids but the actual news. She needs to cut LisaR/Eileen some slack in her BLOG and not try to play into Kim/Kathy's demands, Kim deserves what she gets due to her own poor decisions. I think Kyle is still fighting/struggling against the families habit of ignoring Kim's behavior or at the very least, not speaking about it publicly, which will not help Kim in the long run IMO. I think she handeled it well ON camera, it was what she said in her blog that I question.

• Love 4

Well, both LisaR and Eileen backed off when Kyle told them she didn't want to talk about Kim and the subject was changed to Yolanda. LOL I still think Kyle is wrong in her blog, she is 1 of the 2 original BH HWs left and she knows the subject of Kim would be brought up ON camera to her at some point because Kim was all over the news, not just the tabloids but the actual news. She needs to cut LisaR/Eileen some slack in her BLOG and not try to play into Kim/Kathy's demands, Kim deserves what she gets due to her own poor decisions. I think Kyle is still fighting/struggling against the families habit of ignoring Kim's behavior or at the very least, not speaking about it publicly, which will not help Kim in the long run IMO. I think she handeled it well ON camera, it was what she said in her blog that I question.

They weren't nice but they were honest. Much like Yolanda's situation-walking on eggshells.  At that time Kim and Kyle weren't speaking.  SO to poke at Kim was not helpful as they all know six months later things can be different.  I don't really think they ignored Kim's behavior-Kathy dragged her on Dr. Phil Kim let it be known she was living large without Kyle.  I think Kyle has to respect Kim's boundaries when she doesn't want her in her life.  It also means Kyle needs to tread carefully because when Kim sobers up the last thing that relationship needs is more finger pointing. 

• Love 3

From someone who is "sick" and is around sick people a lot, I believe Yolanda has chosen to define herself by her illness. It is her identity now. She has defined herself in many ways, wife, mother, model. In her mind, that is all gone now. Her kids have grown up. Her modeling career is long gone, and she knew this divorce was coming... But she sick. She's latched on to it. She is sick Yolanda. It is her new identity as she has nothing left. She really is sick, but she is choosing to let it define her. If the sickness goes away, so does her identity. She has to cling to it .

ETA, It would not surprise me is she doubles down on this now. We may see her get "worse" for a while

I agree that she has chosen to define herself by her illness.  And I agree that - as you said - she is deliberately portraying herself as "sick Yolanda".  But I think what she's really going for is, "BRAVE, sick Yolanda".  She wants to be seen as a stoic figure, and she wants people to admire her for her strength, for how relentless she is in finding treatments and, for how much of a role model she is for others who are suffering with chronic illness.  She wants people to tell her how much they love her and how much they admire her.  She thrives on that stuff, and this is a perfect way to keep it coming.

Never mind that she's doing absolutely nothing to help anyone else with chronic illness!  She's not providing any helpful information or any hope or anything of value at all.  She's muddied the waters so much with her ever-changing diagnosis, flying all around the world, trying this treatment and that without giving any of them a chance, and blatantly ignoring the advice of medical doctors because she believes she knows better.  And yet she tells us endlessly how miserable she is and how awful her life has become.  All the while picking and choosing her "good days", and blatantly lying about the extent of her inability to leave her house and her bed.   I'm sure she sees herself as some kind of role model for the chronically ill, but I myself do not see that at all.  She's using LD as a catch-all excuse for all sorts of things, and she's using it as a way to make everyone look up to her.  From her first moment on this show, it was clear that she feels she's superior to the other women, and I think she has a desperate need to be admired.  If she can't get it one way, she'll just try another.  And right now this is it.

And I agree - She may get "worse".   I think she gets better and worse based on how much attention she's getting.  If not enough she ramps it up.  I really feel for her friends.  And her kids most of all.   I'm sure they're used to how high-maintenance and manipulative she is, but I think it must be especially tough for them now.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 24

I thought it was ironic to have Taylor calling out Yolanda because in some ways Yolanda is starting to remind me of Taylor Season 2. Taylor hijacked Season 2 by using the fact of her domestic abuse to control everything around her. Her stories about the abuse were so magnified and had so many lies built in, it was hard to know what was true and what wasn't. Yet there was no doubt that something was going on, and so the women during the season were hesitant to attack her because they didn't want to look like they were being insensitive to victims of domestic violence. Lisa even made friends with her, I think primarily because Taylor was attacking Lisa as being insensitive to Taylor's suffering and Lisa was nervous about her own image. Taylor used her terrible situation to excuse her terrible behavior, and to build public sympathy for herself as a victim. In Taylor's case it backfired because the lies and manipulation became more powerful than the abuse (and possibly because we SAW the lies and manipulation on camera, whereas all the abuse took place off camera.)

It occurs to me that I have some of the same dynamics are in play with Yolanda. I have no doubt, as I've said, that Yolanda has an illness of some kind. (She is definitely not Brooks.) But she is using this illness to control everyone around her - from her husband to the cast of her show. And built into this illness is so much malingering and lying and weird behavior that it's almost impossible to know - as it was with Taylor and Russell - what's really going on. And what becomes more tricky, mostly for her cast mates but even for viewers, is that criticizing Yolanda can come across as being insensitive to people living with illness. For my part, I want to be really clear. I have tremendous sympathy for those living with chronic illness. I think a lot of times the world can treat people living with illness as "less than" and can discount their experiences, and discount the value of their lives. That is a terrible thing to endure and I don't want to contribute to anyone's pain.

Nor can I say precisely what Yolanda is feeling, because I'm not Yolanda. But when I look at her behavior, the behavior I see is someone who is using their situation to control people around them, to draw attention to themselves, to earn a "get out of jail free" card because of all their "suffering". Since her first moment on the show, Yolanda's distinguishing trait has been her moralizing and judgmental behavior, her sort of constant refrain of telling other people how to feel and act, what is right or wrong. And now it feels almost like she is using her illness to insulate herself from the judgment that she is constantly doling out to others (all her bad behavior is tracked back to Lyme Brain), and as another weapon in her arsenal that she can wield in pointing out other people's shortcomings - who is not being sympathetic, because they didn't bring her Starbucks when she was trapped in bed for eighteen months. This is one more way for her to point out how much better she is, and how much worse everyone else is, and it is all according to Yolanda's Moral Code of Right and Wrong. (The irony that she is trying to paint herself as the moral authority when her best friend on the show is the most vile person who ever graced the franchise, that is something I cannot even begin to understand.)

I think Taylor was finally taken down by the public scorn. I see the public now still split on Yolanda - between empathy (especially from those who know firsthand the toll that illness can take) and anger (from those who see her manipulations and don't like it, including some people who know true suffering and see something different in Yolanda). I am interested, I admit it, to see how it plays out over the course of the season.

P.S. Has anyone ever been more desperate in a scene on this show than Taylor, so incredibly thirsty to be let back into the circle? It made me nervous and I would have felt bad for her, did I not so thoroughly dislike the woman.

ETA - To be clear, I agree that I don't want to see this hijack the Season, as Taylor did in Season 2. I wish that they had not brought her back, I DOUBLY wish they had not cast the show around her, and I TRIPLY wish that they were not setting this up as the main storyline. I guess we are being punished for the high ratings the OC got in the Season of Brooks.

THIS is just EXCELLENT!

• Love 8

The producers at BRAVO seem hellbent on forcing a trailer trash gold digger on RHOBH. First Brandi, now this "Cocktail Waitress". Why? To shake it up a bit? If the other cast mates aren't interesting enough to watch on their own, then they should get new cast mates. All this forced drama is not entertaining and the "fish out of water" storyline has been done to death with this cast already.

• Love 3

Re Lisar's daughters - many of their interactions with Lisar just seem like average interchanges between Mom & perennially bored teens to me (bad mom that I must be.)  I appreciate that Lisa is obviously trying to smooth over earlier bad impressions & that she wanted to establish that she at least tries to set some boundaries for her girls, re the curfew convo (groan) & that deli work is required to help pay for the new Ferrari in Delilah's future. IMO, not that it's important, both these girls look to be future beauties - we're seeing them at classic awkward ages, sans make-up, hair styling, etc. (I think.)  I also think they both resemble Lisar, whom I find very pretty, minus her blowhole (& both girls have very full lips, apparently naturally...)

I did question Lisa's rollicking reaction to the clip where her very elderly parents fell over backwards in their chairs  - hilarious - not!!  I guess it was side-splitting, as both geezers seemed to survive ok, much like Ken in the pool ( he definitely looked injured immediately after the push, but manned up quickly.)

Edited by telemachus2
  • Love 5

Kyle needs to understand that both LisaR and Eileen earned the right to comment about Kim and her latest, and very public escapades, after how Kim treated both women last season. Kim was vicious to both of them even though both tried to befriend and help her, no one deserved to be treated the way Kim did them IMO. Sadly, her blog comes across as more of the same old Richards, sweep it under the rug, tatics that has helped Kim remain an addict for decades. There is NO way that Kyle didn't expect someone to bring up Kim and her latest stunts on the show, NO WAY.    

Excellent points, WireWrap. Plus, Kyle's not wanting her cast mates to comment on Kim is incredibly disingenuous since, as we've seen without fail, Kyle  thrives on people bringing up her sister -- and if they don't bring it up, she will...as Ramona/NY would say: "again and again and again and again. And again."

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 2

Excellent points, WireWrap. Plus, Kyle's not wanting her cast mates to comment on Kim is incredibly disingenuous since, as we've seen without fail, Kyle  thrives on people bringing up her sister -- and if they don't bring it up, she will...as Ramona/NY would say: "again and again and again and again. And again."

I don't know that Kyle wants to bring up Kim/addiction/illegal behaviors herself, IMO, I think Kyle wants to do like the family has always done, hide her, Kim's, bad/nasty/illegal behavior like it never happened. I would imagine it is difficult to break behaviors that are decades long and deeply ingrained from childhood. That said, what bothered me was Kyle chastising both LisaR and Eileen in her blog for asking or commenting about Kim's latest escapades in her blog, both women earned the right to make those comments about Kim and Kyle should have just allowed them to have their say without judging them. Her comment read like she was once again trying to "hide/cover/excuse/ignore" the damage Kim has done ONCE AGAIN and IMO, she needs to stop that. She doesn't have to praise LisaR/Eileen or defend them, just NOT comment about them or their Kim comments and definitely not get upset AT them. JMO

• Love 7

I know a lot of people aren't going to like Erika because of her look and her being married to a wealthy older man, but I'm digging her so far. She is this fun hybrid of Kim Zolciak and Anna Nicole Smith IMO. And I like how she admitted that she was broke when she married her husband as if to admit that money was definitely a factor in why she married him. But I do think she loves him too. A woman can marry for both love and upward mobility.

I don't like her, and it has nothing to do with her looks or being married to a wealthy older man.  I just think she's obnoxious.  And trying much too hard.  Women like her are a dime a dozen, and she's not as special as she seems to think she is.  Time will tell, I guess, but as of now I don't think she's a good fit for this show at all.

• Love 8

I would not expect Kyle and Mauricio to be invited nor did I mention them and now because of the venue they don't have to invite Kim.  Kim's daughter Brooke works as a real estate agent for Hilton/Hyland.  Oh here's a thought they could have had the party at the Beverly Hills Hilton-where they had the Season 4 finale of RHOBH.

I don't think they ever would have invited Kim, and it has nothing to do with her drinking or the venue or anything else other than the fact that it's a company party.  Which is for employees.   Maybe also for employees' spouses/dates, but certainly not for employees' mothers.  It doesn't matter that Brooke works there.  Kim doesn't, and never has.  There's no reason why she would be invited.

They could have held it lots of places.  I'm sure they chose the venue they wanted for reasons having nothing at all to do with Kim.

• Love 3

I was glad that Lisa didn't take the mini. When they get really small there are a lot of defects. Also it suppose to be a miniature horse, not a pony.

Ken use to ride, I am certain Lisa knows a bit about horses.

I believe Yolanda was ill, but she has some other problems.

Just my belief and nothing more.

• Love 4

Every season Yolanda acts like she's on her deathbed during the hiatus and when it's time to film she's magically well enough to film with the ladies. This year I feel something must be going on in her private life (we now know, marital issues) and that's why she's hyping it up. I don't think she's any  better or worse. I do think it's more than lyme (we now know her breast implant issue), but I do think she's mostly exaggerating for attention or to present herself a certain way. I know some are already getting flack for questioning her, but it makes sense. Lisa mentioned in her first blog that the reason she and Kyle were talking about her at lunch is because at that point they didn't know if she was still on the show or not. As filming went on I imagine they were still confused about the situation and how she was going to manage to stay on. 

As for Erika, I don't have much of an opinion. When I heard about her "career" and saw her I wasn't impressed, but her husband shows a reason to cast her on the show. She has the wealth to be on this show so I'll give her a chance. I do think they could've been more creative though. We know there are non-white housewives in Beverly Hills that are interesting and had they broadened their search more I wonder if there is somebody more interesting out there. Hell, I'd settle for La Toya Jackson knowing she's a spitfire and friends with them. Hopefully Kathryn is more interesting, especially since we have several more episodes until she arrives. 

• Love 1

I don't know that Kyle wants to bring up Kim/addiction/illegal behaviors herself, IMO, I think Kyle wants to do like the family has always done, hide her, Kim's, bad/nasty/illegal behavior like it never happened. I would imagine it is difficult to break behaviors that are decades long and deeply ingrained from childhood. That said, what bothered me was Kyle chastising both LisaR and Eileen in her blog for asking or commenting about Kim's latest escapades in her blog, both women earned the right to make those comments about Kim and Kyle should have just allowed them to have their say without judging them. Her comment read like she was once again trying to "hide/cover/excuse/ignore" the damage Kim has done ONCE AGAIN and IMO, she needs to stop that. She doesn't have to praise LisaR/Eileen or defend them, just NOT comment about them or their Kim comments and definitely not get upset AT them. JMO

Kyle said it felt wrong for her to be a part of the conversation.  Not that they could not talk about it.  I don't think that is judging someone.  What was the point of asking Kyle if they all seemed to up to date on Kim's escapades.  Eileen apologized in her blog for being insensitive.  Kyle seemed more concerned about what Lisar said in her interview. She went back to the addict blather.  We all know that Kim is an addict and Kyle doesn't need to label her sister.  It doesn't mean she is ignoring it.  What good comes from repeatedly announcing Kim is an addict?  If she were bi-polar would be appropriate to keep calling her bi-polar.  I think Lisar shoots her mouth off and then when it comes time to own up to it she waffles.  She claims it was out of concern.   I don't think Kyle was trying to hide anything-it was out there for the world to see.  It would be wrong for Kyle to be making jokes or piling on during Kim's out of rehab behavior.  Just because Lisar thinks everyone needs to talk about it doesn't mean they do-what good does it do?  It has been talked to death.  Lisar, Eileen and Kyle talking about it doesn't help Kim but it does have the possibility of affecting Kyle and Kim's relationship. How would Lisar feel if they other women all started talking about Harry Hamlin breaking his sobriety by drinking a beer on camera?  Or did Harry ever give up drinking altogether? Would she throw another wineglass down?  Lisar has agreed not to talk about Kim and her addiction.  She really can't say one thing to Kim's face and then keep talking behind her back.  Lisar made it clear she does not like Kim and even threatened Kim.  They are not friends.  So asking about her is disingenuous at best. 

It just seems they walk on eggshells about Yolanda and Lisar just being appalled at Taylor for her comments yet she has no problem flapping her jaws about Kim and her very real problems.  I can't stand Kim  but I don't think the others who loathe her can keep coming from this place of concern.  Kim's behavior is great gossip that is it.

• Love 5

One thing I think was unappreciated in this episode (not by y'all who appreciate everything, of course) -- when Lisa's birthday party for Ken got a little boring, what did the women do?  They started to play in the pool.  First Kyle went to the edge of the pool, Lisar and Eileen followed, and soon they were all laughing and splashing around and teasing each other.  It was funny and light.  (Based on Kyle's blog, the situation with Ken was actually pretty scary, I'm glad he's okay. And it was nice of the editing to kind of protect him.)

I couldn't help but think that last season would have been different.  The past two seasons, if things got a little slow, one woman would start a fight - looking to make conflict to "move the show along."  That person even said that's why she did it, to keep things from being boring on camera (and she was mad that the producers didn't "protect" her in the edit, since she was only helping them).  

I feel like if that person had been on the show this year, then she would have gotten drunk and started yelling at someone (probably Kyle), and the episode would have ended with screaming.  I do think the other women had the awareness, at Ken's birthday party, that it wasn't dramatic enough for the show yet - but instead of fighting with each other, they amped up the fun.  I do appreciate conflict, and every narrative needs conflict to move the story forward, but I really appreciated (and noticed) that with that person out of the mix, the show can have many different moods and tones, and not always be about accusations and shouting. I give lots of criticisms, but in this case, bravo, Bravo.  :)

• Love 24

One thing I think was unappreciated in this episode (not by y'all who appreciate everything, of course) -- when Lisa's birthday party for Ken got a little boring, what did the women do? They started to play in the pool. First Kyle went to the edge of the pool, Lisar and Eileen followed, and soon they were all laughing and splashing around and teasing each other. It was funny and light. (Based on Kyle's blog, the situation with Ken was actually pretty scary, I'm glad he's okay. And it was nice of the editing to kind of protect him.)

I couldn't help but think that last season would have been different. The past two seasons, if things got a little slow, one woman would start a fight - looking to make conflict to "move the show along." That person even said that's why she did it, to keep things from being boring on camera (and she was mad that the producers didn't "protect" her in the edit, since she was only helping them).

I feel like if that person had been on the show this year, then she would have gotten drunk and started yelling at someone (probably Kyle), and the episode would have ended with screaming. I do think the other women had the awareness, at Ken's birthday party, that it wasn't dramatic enough for the show yet - but instead of fighting with each other, they amped up the fun. I do appreciate conflict, and every narrative needs conflict to move the story forward, but I really appreciated (and noticed) that with that person out of the mix, the show can have many different moods and tones, and not always be about accusations and shouting. I give lots of criticisms, but in this case, bravo, Bravo. :)

I agree, I don't miss the fighting to just move things along. I like seeing the women get along and have fun. I love seeing their kids, homes, cars, and vacations. I really love watching them get ready for events. I think, I hope Erika is going to bring some glamor and fun back to Beverly hills!

• Love 8

I get both sides of how Kyle felt about the conversation about Kim with Lisar and Eileen. On the one hand, she cannot expect for the topic to be ignored. It was the entire storyline of the last half of last season. Not only that, but it was in the press for the entire hiatus because Kim got herself arrested a couple of times, went on Dr. Phil, and fled rehab.

On the other hand, she didn't feel like they were coming from a good place, or a place of real concern. They seemed to be in the loop as to what was going on, so it didn't seem like they were looking for any new updates. I said last year that I thought we would see a small fracture between Lisar and Kyle because I didn't think that Kyle liked the way Lisar was going after Kim on Twitter when Kim was at her lowest. She kind of put Kyle in an awkward position with all of that. Her comments in her TH, which seem to be what really bothered Kyle, we're not said by someone who is worried about Kim, but seemed to be more about saying "see how right I was about Kim"? This is not something one would want from a person who you consider to be your friend. All of those ladies know how Kyle struggles with this; how some members of her family blame her for exploiting Kim and her situation. You would want for your friends to protect you and make it as easy as possible for you.

At the end of the day I don't think anyone is wrong for how they feel. Lisar is rightly mad at Kim for last season. She has every right to feel that way. On the other hand, Kyle has every right to feel the way she does as well. I am not bothered by what Kyle said in her blog. I want them to be honest in their blogs, not try to sway public opinion or just say what they think the public wants to hear. Just tell me how you really feel.

• Love 10

She doesn't have to praise LisaR/Eileen or defend them, just NOT comment about them or their Kim comments and definitely not get upset AT them. JMO

I agree but, Eileen, very much in character like she was when she uttered, "How DARE you..." seemed a little aggressive and soapy when she asked, "So Kyle, I must ask, what the hell is going on with your sister?"    If she was really concerned about Kim or Kyle, she might have phrased that differently.  "How's Kim doing?"  "I hope you don't mind me asking, but how is your sister?" for starters.

Kyle seemed pissed, in her blog, at Rinna for her talking head and at Eileen for how she initiated the conversation.  I still think they should all shut up - totally and completely - about Kim.  But if you're going to bring her up out of concern, to her sister, a less 'guns a-blazing' approach might have been better.

• Love 11

One thing I think was unappreciated in this episode (not by y'all who appreciate everything, of course) -- when Lisa's birthday party for Ken got a little boring, what did the women do?  They started to play in the pool.  First Kyle went to the edge of the pool, Lisar and Eileen followed, and soon they were all laughing and splashing around and teasing each other.  It was funny and light.  (Based on Kyle's blog, the situation with Ken was actually pretty scary, I'm glad he's okay. And it was nice of the editing to kind of protect him.)

I couldn't help but think that last season would have been different.  The past two seasons, if things got a little slow, one woman would start a fight - looking to make conflict to "move the show along."  That person even said that's why she did it, to keep things from being boring on camera (and she was mad that the producers didn't "protect" her in the edit, since she was only helping them).  

I feel like if that person had been on the show this year, then she would have gotten drunk and started yelling at someone (probably Kyle), and the episode would have ended with screaming.  I do think the other women had the awareness, at Ken's birthday party, that it wasn't dramatic enough for the show yet - but instead of fighting with each other, they amped up the fun.  I do appreciate conflict, and every narrative needs conflict to move the story forward, but I really appreciated (and noticed) that with that person out of the mix, the show can have many different moods and tones, and not always be about accusations and shouting. I give lots of criticisms, but in this case, bravo, Bravo.  :)

I guess jumping in the pool could be light hearted and fun but I side eye any dancing on tables or jumping in pools naked or being pushed into the pool. I think the ladies go along with the pool pushing or table dancing at the suggestion of tptb. When the scene is boring, I'm sure its suggested that one of these silly events will move the filming along and get the ladies out of there sooner. I've had that feeling ever since that party Bethenny had where the ladies table danced like it was actually fun. Yeah, right. Now I just find those scenes annoyingly contrived.
  • Love 5

I agree but, Eileen, very much in character like she was when she uttered, "How DARE you..." seemed a little aggressive and soapy when she asked, "So Kyle, I must ask, what the hell is going on with your sister?"    If she was really concerned about Kim or Kyle, she might have phrased that differently.  "How's Kim doing?"  "I hope you don't mind me asking, but how is your sister?" for starters.

Kyle seemed pissed, in her blog, at Rinna for her talking head and at Eileen for how she initiated the conversation.  I still think they should all shut up - totally and completely - about Kim.  But if you're going to bring her up out of concern, to her sister, a less 'guns a-blazing' approach might have been better.

This I can agree about. They could have brought it up in a kinder way. LisaR's TH comment didn't bother me so much because Kim went at her in a vicious way, hinting she knew some deep dark secret Lisa/HH were hiding, and her TH comment WAS spot on. I just think Kyle should have ignored it, instead of getting upset at those Kim attacked last season, after all, they did drop it when she asked them to and she knows the producers asked LisaR a question about Kim to get that TH from her.

• Love 4

When Ken went into the pool when he came up he had that "Oh shit!" look, it wasn't surprise and he had it for quite some time. Also he landed on that step in his lower back area. It was a recipe for disaster. I would be surprised if he wasn't feeling a bit stoved up afterwards. My dad had double hip replacement, his worst fear was falling.

Who was it who pushed him?

When the ladies started discussing Yolanda I just fast forwarded. I don't care what Yoyo has anymore nor how sick or healthy she is, just go away. It's not entertaining nor informative. With her constant wanting of attention I'll give her my dad's response. "Go buy your self a big old wooden cross, paint it up nice and pretty, put some wheels and roll it down the street. Better yet put some Christmas lights on it so we can see you coming and know to hide."

• Love 11

When the ladies started discussing Yolanda I just fast forwarded. I don't care what Yoyo has anymore nor how sick or healthy she is, just go away. It's not entertaining nor informative. With her constant wanting of attention I'll give her my dad's response. "Go buy your self a big old wooden cross, paint it up nice and pretty, put some wheels and roll it down the street. Better yet put some Christmas lights on it so we can see you coming and know to hide."

So much THIS!  Your dad sounds like a hoot!  If I wanted to watch someone practically begging for pity and attention, I'd just go to my mother in law's house.  I sure as shit don't want to watch it on TV. 

• Love 8

Yes and yes to this. Years ago I had some friends with a daughter who was diagnosed with anorexia. Yes, the girl was suffering, but she used her disease as a means to control every aspect of her family's life. When your entire day hinges on whether your child eats a lettuce leaf, when you travel to the ends of the earth to find treatment, when everyone in teh family has to put their life on hold to deal with it, then yes it puts the afflicted person in the driver's seat. 

I see this with Yolanda. That's how she gets attention from her family, her kids probably feel like they have to call her every day or she will sink deeper. The insta posts are to remind everyone that she is suffering. David doesn't want to sleep in her bed, but he would look like a rat bastard if he didn't witness her treatments. I really want to know if Yo is seeing a therapist, because I think she really needs one. 

All one has to do is substitute Kim's name in this post and it would also be spot on.

• Love 5

I see your point but, for me, we have 6 seasons of Kyle blathering about Kim's issues and how hard it's been -- for Kyle. I don't dispute Kim was and remains a convoluted handful but IMO Kyle dines out on her sister's problems.When she's asked about Kim, Kyle should reply with a concise, "no comment" (but then she won't be in the news because what else is there?) Live your life, Kyle, and leave Kim's name out of your mouth --you'll be happier and we'll be less bored.

• Love 4

I don't think they ever would have invited Kim, and it has nothing to do with her drinking or the venue or anything else other than the fact that it's a company party.  Which is for employees.   Maybe also for employees' spouses/dates, but certainly not for employees' mothers.  It doesn't matter that Brooke works there.  Kim doesn't, and never has.  There's no reason why she would be invited.

They could have held it lots of places.  I'm sure they chose the venue they wanted for reasons having nothing at all to do with Kim.

You left off the biggest list of guests-clients.  Oops maybe Mauricio stole them all.

Beverly Hills Hotel has been boycotted by many (up until recently Kathy Hilton).  http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/05/17/beverly-hills-hotel-slowly-recovering-from-sharia-law-boycott-but-a-listers-stay-away/  Apparently Kim did not get the memo when she dropped in last spring.

• Love 2

Live your life, Kyle, and leave Kim's name out of your mouth --you'll be happier and we'll be less bored.

I think all the Richard sisters have their damage and this seems to be Kyle's.  For some reason she just cannot stop talking about Kim's issues.  And if she's like this with Kim, Kathy has every reason to be afraid of Kyle's new show.

• Love 4

I've had that feeling ever since that party Bethenny had where the ladies table danced like it was actually fun. Yeah, right.

Wasn't that the worst contrived bit of 'fun' you've ever seen?  I cringed.

I didn't mind the ladies ending up in the pool.  I hate pool parties where no one will go in.  That's why we put a shelf, like Lisa's, in our pool.  Those that don't actually like to get wet can put a chair on it, sit down and get their feet cooled off.  Thus being 'in' the pool.  I want EVERYBODY in. LOL.  That said, no pushing.  Teenagers I don't monitor every second so pushing happens but who the hell pushes a 70 year old recent hip replacement patient in?? 

Had he broken his hip that day, Ken possibly could have deteriorated both physically and mentally very rapidly.  Unfortunately once a senior breaks a hip, that's what happens. 

• Love 14

Wasn't that the worst contrived bit of 'fun' you've ever seen?  I cringed.

I didn't mind the ladies ending up in the pool.  I hate pool parties where no one will go in.  That's why we put a shelf, like Lisa's, in our pool.  Those that don't actually like to get wet can put a chair on it, sit down and get their feet cooled off.  Thus being 'in' the pool.  I want EVERYBODY in. LOL.  That said, no pushing.  Teenagers I don't monitor every second so pushing happens but who the hell pushes a 70 year old recent hip replacement patient in?? 

Had he broken his hip that day, Ken possibly could have deteriorated both physically and mentally very rapidly.  Unfortunately once a senior breaks a hip, that's what happens. 

Yes to all of this.  The Bethenny stuff was ridiculous - I didn't believe they liked each other.  For some reason, this pool party worked for me, maybe because I was so relieved to see a scene/episode end in some way other than you-know-who screaming at the top of her lungs.  :)

And YES to Ken.  I had personal parental experience with the broken hip, down to a death soon after, and it is awful.  Falls in the home is actually a leading cause of death for people over 70.  And as Kyle said, Ken still had STITCHES from his hip replacement surgery.  I don't think he was playing, I think he was both hurt and disoriented.  But they got very lucky and I actually think the women handled it well, both taking care of him and also making it light so he didn't get embarrassed.

• Love 9

But they got very lucky and I actually think the women handled it well, both taking care of him and also making it light so he didn't get embarrassed.

By floating him around for awhile like they did probably spared him a small amount of inflammation.  Had he gotten out of the pool and started walking around, insisting every thing was fine - just fine - could have caused further damage.  Taking the weight off the joint by staying in the water immediately following the fall was exactly the right thing. 

Sorry for your experience with old persons and broken hips.  Same with my dad.  Broke his hip and after top notch rehab care, he's never been the same since. Physically or mentally. They told us that wasn't uncommon. :-(

• Love 11

I see your point but, for me, we have 6 seasons of Kyle blathering about Kim's issues and how hard it's been -- for Kyle. I don't dispute Kim was and remains a convoluted handful but IMO Kyle dines out on her sister's problems.When she's asked about Kim, Kyle should reply with a concise, "no comment" (but then she won't be in the news because what else is there?) Live your life, Kyle, and leave Kim's name out of your mouth --you'll be happier and we'll be less bored.

I agree that Kyle just needs to say nothing about Kim BUT, IMO, that would have been hard to do for her AND the other HWs because Kim was all over the news during filming, she knows this is a goldmine for production. She just needed to say that she/Kim were not speaking and she didn't know what was going on with Kim and leave it at that, just like she did with them and LisaV. She didn't need to get upset at LisaR/Eileen in her blog as they stopped talking about Kim to her at that meet up. She knows that production brought up Kim to LisaR in the TH segment to get LisaR's opinion because of the fighting last season. She just needs to ignore the TH comments about Kim, those comments are on the HW making them, NOT on Kyle and Kyle has no right to say the others can't express their opinions about their former co-worker even if she is her sister.

As for Kyle talking about Kim, I get it.... "I can talk smack about MY family but NO one else is allowed to do it" attitude. LOL

• Love 4

I think all the Richard sisters have their damage and this seems to be Kyle's.  For some reason she just cannot stop talking about Kim's issues.  And if she's like this with Kim, Kathy has every reason to be afraid of Kyle's new show.

Kyle's show is a sit com for TV Land based loosely on a child actress's life in the 70's. I doubt there are going to be any deep dark family secrets revealed. And since Kathy was barely even in the picture at that stage in Kyle's life, what could she possibly have to be afraid of?

• Love 6

Giselle, I think it was Ken's son-in-law who pushed him into the pool.  He was standing right behind Ken with a big grin on his face just before it happened.  That's the way to endear yourself to your father-in-law, isn't it?  LOL  Of course, if Ken had undergone back surgery recently, it wasn't funny.  Did he?  I  thought he'd had hip surgery and/or knee surgery, but I don't remember anything about back surgery.

I didn't notice that Ken was in any danger of hurting himself, so the first thing I looked at was his straight hair.  There was no curl in it when it was wet.  I always thought he wore a hairpiece or a wig and thought he'd rise up bald.  Now I'm even more confused about his hair.

Gee, so many questions about one big splash!

• Love 1

Kyle, in her blog and on screen is showing her dislike for any Kim discussion because she is a component in the strained relationship with Kathy.  She has to publically take this stand.   And it does make her uncomfortable, for this reason.  

I don't mind them talking about Yolanda because I think things may come to a head with her in many ways.

Ken has a full head of hair.  

• Love 3

Giselle, I think it was Ken's son-in-law who pushed him into the pool.  He was standing right behind Ken with a big grin on his face just before it happened.  That's the way to endear yourself to your father-in-law, isn't it?  LOL  Of course, if Ken had undergone back surgery recently, it wasn't funny.  Did he?  I  thought he'd had hip surgery and/or knee surgery, but I don't remember anything about back surgery.

I didn't notice that Ken was in any danger of hurting himself, so the first thing I looked at was his straight hair.  There was no curl in it when it was wet.  I always thought he wore a hairpiece or a wig and thought he'd rise up bald.  Now I'm even more confused about his hair.

He, Ken, had hip replacement surgery and still had stiches in. As for his hair, I have very curly hair but when I get it wet, like when I am swimming, it is straight until it starts to dry a little. IMO, it is all his hair and he uses a fair amount of product in it to make it appear as if he has a lot of hair when it is really thinning out a bit, especially in the front. LOL

• Love 5

Kyle's show is a sit com for TV Land based loosely on a child actress's life in the 70's. I doubt there are going to be any deep dark family secrets revealed. And since Kathy was barely even in the picture at that stage in Kyle's life, what could she possibly have to be afraid of?

I was just telling another poster that the minute that character's older sister is shown in the back of a van....

Wondering aloud if the lead character will be the raven haired younger sister of 2 older blonde siblings.  A domineering mother.  A prairie with a little house on it....

• Love 4

I was just telling another poster that the minute that character's older sister is shown in the back of a van....

Wondering aloud if the lead character will be the raven haired younger sister of 2 older blonde siblings.  A domineering mother.  A prairie with a little house on it....

Definitely a van. 

• Love 2
As for Kyle talking about Kim, I get it.... "I can talk smack about MY family but NO one else is allowed to do it" attitude. LOL

I agree. That's just how it is with family. Also, I think Kyle's attitude toward it might be a bit different this year, since Kim isn't on the show. When she was, her antics were part of the overall storyline, of course people are going to talk about. Now Kim is gone, she has no THs to defend herself, etc. I'm not saying Lisar and Eileen don't have the right to bring stuff up, but I do understand Kyle's apprehension. 

Giselle, I think it was Ken's son-in-law who pushed him into the pool.  He was standing right behind Ken with a big grin on his face just before it happened.

Someone needs to get a screen shot! But I swear it wasn't Pandora's husband. I think it was some random guy, who was a bit thicker and had darker brown hair.

• Love 3

I agree. That's just how it is with family. Also, I think Kyle's attitude toward it might be a bit different this year, since Kim isn't on the show. When she was, her antics were part of the overall storyline, of course people are going to talk about. Now Kim is gone, she has no THs to defend herself, etc. I'm not saying Lisar and Eileen don't have the right to bring stuff up, but I do understand Kyle's apprehension. 

Someone needs to get a screen shot! But I swear it wasn't Pandora's husband. I think it was some random guy, who was a bit thicker and had darker brown hair.

Yeah, it wasn't Jason.  I rewound the scene a couple of times - it was some other guy.

• Love 1

nikki-yr-poll00.jpg

This has been bugging me for days. I just figured out who Erica Jayne reminds me of. It's Nikki from Young and the Restless. And I detest that character. Maybe that's why I am not feeling her. Strangely enough, she seems to have a similar backstory, too. Except Nikki was a stripper............

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 3

Yeah, it wasn't Jason.  I rewound the scene a couple of times - it was some other guy.

So Imma say something controversial right now -- but I think Jason looks pretty damn hot with the buzz cut. He was definitely thinning over the past few seasons, so his hair never looked great. But the buzz cut suits him (and that definitely isn't the case for all guys). I've seen him in person at Pump (along with Pandora), and those are two that look exactly the same in person at real life.

He did look absolutely ridiculous in the backwards Dodger fitted cap in the season opener, though. Just no. 

• Love 4

I didn't think Pandora was giving a negative face in response to Lisa's "69" comment. Me thinks editing monkeys were at play at that moment.

Glad that Ken was okay, although I bet he was feeling pretty damn sore hours later. It was his son-in-law who pushed him in the pool, right?

Not sure what to think about Ericka. I need more scenes of her. I did get the whole Anna Nicole vibe from her. Not gonna lie, I did like Anna Nicole.

• Love 1

Yeah, it wasn't Jason. I rewound the scene a couple of times - it was some other guy.

I'm pretty sure it was Taylor's gay friend, Dwight and you can tell because Dwight's hair is longer than Jason's, which is a buzzcut.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

Wasn't that the worst contrived bit of 'fun' you've ever seen? I cringed.

I didn't mind the ladies ending up in the pool. I hate pool parties where no one will go in. That's why we put a shelf, like Lisa's, in our pool. Those that don't actually like to get wet can put a chair on it, sit down and get their feet cooled off. Thus being 'in' the pool. I want EVERYBODY in. LOL. That said, no pushing. Teenagers I don't monitor every second so pushing happens but who the hell pushes a 70 year old recent hip replacement patient in??

Had he broken his hip that day, Ken possibly could have deteriorated both physically and mentally very rapidly. Unfortunately once a senior breaks a hip, that's what happens.

If pushed a little to the right, Ken might have banged his head when slammed into the pool, which could have resulted in a very serious injury. Fooling around with Ken like that by the pool was piss poor. If he was seriously injured or God forbid died all because of filming a scene for RHOBH, imagine how horrible it would have been for LisaP. Between the oaf who pushed Ken into the pool and Lisa and her 69 joke I thought the birthday party was pretty disappointing.

tumblr_nzfakhEZxI1rlafseo6_400.gif

tumblr_nzfafzmy7Q1rlafseo1_400.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

I was horrified that anyone would push a 70 year old man into a pool! Or push anyone into a pool like that. Whoever got pushed could have hit his/her head on the side and suffered a serious head injury or worse. That wasn't funny in the least and still makes me cringe. I hope whoever did that is remorseful and hugely embarrassed.

• Love 20

. I don't care what Yoyo has anymore nor how sick or healthy she is, just go away. It's not entertaining nor informative. 

Yes to this.  SO much yes to this!   There is not one reason that her "journey" or whatever it is should be played out on TV.  (Except the obvious reason, of course.)

• Love 9

If pushed a little to the right, Ken might have banged his head when slammed into the pool, which could have resulted in a very serious injury. Fooling around with Ken like that by the pool was piss poor. If he was seriously injured or God forbid died all because of filming a scene for RHOBH, imagine how horrible it would have been for LisaP. Between the oaf who pushed Ken into the pool and Lisa and her 69 joke I thought the birthday party was pretty disappointing.tumblr_nzfakhEZxI1rlafseo6_400.giftumblr_nzfafzmy7Q1rlafseo1_400.gif

OUCH!

That push is disturbing. I'd be surprised if Ken did not wake up with more than the usual aches and pains. What a stupid dangerous move.

What's Lisa on?

• Love 10

I really don't think it was Ken's son-in-law.  And I gasped when it happened - What a really stupid thing to do!   He should not have been pushed into the pool at all given his recent surgery, but no one should be pushed into such shallow water.  What kind of idiot didn't notice that this wasn't giving someone a quick, surprise dunk into a pool full of water.  It was more like shoving someone onto concrete with a few inches of water on it.  Super dangerous for anyone of any age.  I agree with those who said the women handled it well.  They seemed seriously alarmed, and I'm sure they saw how dazed he was.  He was really lucky - If he had landed differently , it could have been so much worse.  I'm sure we didn't see the full extent of the impact this had on him, but I still think it's pretty impressive that he was so resilient.  That really was a recipe for disaster.  Maybe sex with Lisa keeps him more spry than he appears to be!

And I have very wavy hair, which I work hard to keep straight!  But when it's wet, it doesn't look wavy at all.  I always thought Ken's hair was real.  If it was fake, I would think he would choose something more attractive.  (That sounded snarky, but I actually like Ken!)

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 14

After being bored by the First Look for this week's episode, I didn't rush to watch it but finally got around to it today.  The one part of the episode I was looking forward to seeing was LisaV and LisaR picking up the miniature horse.  I'm an animal lover and was so disappointed that the poor little horse had problems.  It was a nice idea for Lisa to surprise Ken but sadly (especially for the horse) it didn't work out.

I wasn't thrilled to see Taylor. Is she coming back?   She mentioned moving back to BH so I'm guessing she at least wants to come back on the show.  I hope that doesn't happen.

There isn't much to say about the rest of the episode.  The whole "Tuscany" buildup was a total bust.

I won't waste my time or anyone else's by getting in a discussion about Yolanda.  All I will say is that I agree with Cheerio who mentioned that vitamin C is water soluble and can't be stored so Yolanda's infusion was a total waste of time. I take a vitamin C supplement but only buy the time released capsules.

Kyle was her usual annoying self in this episode.  Her comment about not wanting to discuss her sister with Eileen and Lisa was ridiculous.   They were both Kim's victims last season.  Then at Ken's party she complained about her hat not matching her lipstick and just had to let everyone know that she was bored.  Guess what Kyle?  It's not all about you.  It was Ken's birthday.

I don't know what to say about the newbie, Ericka except that she has a killer body.  I just hope we don't have to see so much of it every week.  I have a feeling that her body will be a source of angst for the others.  With the exception of Camille (nice to see her again) the only other BH HW with a great body is Yolanda and who knows what her insane "treatments" are doing to it?

ETA:  I agree with everyone who said that pushing Ken into the pool was stupid and dangerous.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7