Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Loose Lips Sink Ships

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Ben suffers a severe injury and relies on Rocky for help in the Season 3 finale. Also: Capt. Lee addresses Connie's yachting future; Eddie explodes when he discovers Rocky spilled information about their affair; and a celebratory bonfire turns dramatic when Eddie and Rocky confront one another.

Are the producers forcing them to let Rocky help in the kitchen? I mean, Eddie has already had to step in to prevent her from ruining one dinner (like she did for the crew dinner). I know Kate and Amy aren't chefs, but they appear to be capable of cooking everyday foods like most normal adults, and that's preferable to inflicting candied raw shellfish and Nabisco salads on the charter guests.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I get confused with what we choose to swallow knowing how scripted this is, and the comments posted here.

Does anyone really believe Eddie and Rocky hooked up?  We were never shown any intimate interaction (or hell, even civil interaction) with them - all of the cut scenes to the closed laundry room door.  And according to IG and all other outlets, Eddie and his GF are together and doing well...I don't believe anything happened, and we're being forced to swallow a fauxmance story.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The only part that confuses me regarding Eddie and Rocky hooking up, was that their text messages showed up as little pop-ups. Did anyone else think that was weird? I've never seen that on this show before. Does production have access to their phones and permission to air their messages? Seemed odd.

• Love 1

I get confused with what we choose to swallow knowing how scripted this is, and the comments posted here.

Does anyone really believe Eddie and Rocky hooked up? We were never shown any intimate interaction (or hell, even civil interaction) with them - all of the cut scenes to the closed laundry room door. And according to IG and all other outlets, Eddie and his GF are together and doing well...I don't believe anything happened, and we're being forced to swallow a fauxmance story.

If they both said they fucked they probably fucked.

Also Eddie and his GF being together now means nothing since it seems like they both have had side pieces and stepped out on each other in the past.

He's a sleaze and liar and that's what they do and he'll do it again.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Because it was in the script.

I get it, it's a show, I need to just go along.  But jeez, there isn't a single other thing that rings true about this show....why in the world would the Eddie/Rocky "hookup" be any different?

Again - it's just due to the blur of reality/scripted.  I don't view any of it as actual and think of it on the level of any other dramedy that is on any other network.  

Edited by Adultosaurus
  • Love 1

Does anyone really believe Eddie and Rocky hooked up?  We were never shown any intimate interaction (or hell, even civil interaction) with them - all of the cut scenes to the closed laundry room door.  And according to IG and all other outlets, Eddie and his GF are together and doing well...I don't believe anything happened, and we're being forced to swallow a fauxmance story.

Oh I totally think they fucked and the reason they fucked in the laundry room and the bathroom is because thethey are two places where they don't have stationed night vision cameras.

• Love 11

Exactly.

Why in the world would be in be so hard for you to believe adultosaurus? They are both super horny and insecure and bored. People do and have done sloppy hookups and nasty fucking on BB and Real World and myriad other reality shows. Just because Eddie is taped doing bosun duties and acting smug doesn't mean when he can get the chance he doesn't want to nut.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 8

Does anyone really believe Eddie and Rocky hooked up?  

Who knows?  Does anyone really believe Leon was as big a dick in real life as he was on this show?  Again, I don't really know or care but imo, just like I think Eddie and Rocky totally hooked up, I think he is. 

I watch these shows and comment on them like it's my job but I try to take them at face value and not overthink them, too much.  It's more fun that way.

• Love 11

The only part that confuses me regarding Eddie and Rocky hooking up, was that their text messages showed up as little pop-ups. Did anyone else think that was weird? I've never seen that on this show before. Does production have access to their phones and permission to air their messages? Seemed odd.

I assume the contracts they sign for the show basically say that anything that happens on camera is fair game. As for the bubbles for text messages, I've seen that more and more on tv--both reality and scripted shows.

• Love 2

Two minutes into this episode and I already wanted to smack Rocky.  Amy is trying to comfort Rocky and then the bitch has the nerve to say....are you jealous I hooked up with Eddie and you didn't?  What a douche.  Amy handled it great by laughing it off.  Also loved when Rocky was telling Kate what happened and Kate was like whatever, it happens.  Ha!!!  She didn't give Rocky any of the attention she so desperately wants.  Kate just shrugged it off like a bug on her shoulder and off to enjoy the evening she went!

Looks like next week at the reunion Rocky is accusing Kate of being hammered all the time while on the job.  What a crock!!!  Kate has never appeared to be even slightly intoxicated at anytime during any of the charters.  Kate has done a great job this past season.  She worked hard and put 110% effort into making sure the guests were comfortable and enjoying themselves.  I despise Rocky.

• Like 1
  • Love 19

Rocky is such a self absorbed whiny child. I can't believe what a snot she was being when Ben cut his finger and needed her to sous for him. I love that Ben just calmly reminded her that this is how the restaurant industry works. Did she think that she was going to graduate from culinary school and Jeffrey Chodorow was going to give her a restaurant? What an entitled little shit. Not to mention how awful she was by rubbing her hook up with Eddie in Emile and Amy's faces.

There's a reason people say don't shit where you eat. Eddie fucked up colossally. He hooked up with an attention seeking loon while he was on a reality show and had a girlfriend. I can't stand Rocky, but these were all CHOICES he made. Then to deny it, knowing that everyone thinks Rocky's a lying nutbag, not cool.

Good for Connie.

Emile is not tough or hardass. He's a little boy.

• Like 1
  • Love 14

I'm ready for Psycho Bunny Boiler to be off my screen and off the show.

Who, Eddie?  I know you meant Rocky, but I think he is every bit as delusional, psycho and able to boil bunnies as she is.  What a pansy ass, liar face.

I don't think she'll ever be invited back.  I hope Eddie isn't either.  His crappy behavior shouldn't be rewarded with another season.  I know Rocky is responsible for her own reputation but we now know that Eddie is 'that guy' that would throw a woman under the bus to cover his ass.

• Love 13

Because it was in the script.

I get it, it's a show, I need to just go along.  But jeez, there isn't a single other thing that rings true about this show....why in the world would the Eddie/Rocky "hookup" be any different?

Again - it's just due to the blur of reality/scripted.  I don't view any of it as actual and think of it on the level of any other dramedy that is on any other network.

I hear you. There is so much insane editing going on, why not that, too?

I stIll have a recollection from S2 that the two hour wait for dinner was only a 20 minute wait, because I saw the camera pan by a clock on the ship that showed a markedly different time than the convenient timer they threw on the screen. I never went back to verify.

But hell, even Amy is shown at different stages of primp and reprimp out of order during the Rocky/ Emile/ Amy bathroom scene. I wouldn't put anything past those clever Bravo beasts.

Arrgh this show, I get too invested. At least we get the sparkle between Ben and Kate.

• Love 1

Somebody should tell Rocky that diving off the boat isn't as adorable as she thinks it is.

I don't think it's adorable either.  It's attention seeking.  Yet, I enjoyed watching her dive, because she can and I respect commitment to a sport.  I much prefer watching her dive to Connie's peanut butter coated skinny dipping or Eddie's floating hot tub moobs.  Besides, a near perfect dive off a yacht is something we don't often see from Bravo. Cat fights, shopping trips, dinner parties from hell, BTDT. 

Now that I've seen her dive and admired her athleticism, she can go now.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Amy was so much easier to take this season without her brother around. She totally nails customer service without being "fake" nice. I'm glad her and Kate were able to get along and become better friends this season.

Eddie is a douche for trying to deny the hook-up at first. He was thinking that everyone thinks Rocky is crazy anyway so they'll probably believe him over her.

I'm glad Connie got to stay on. She did better at her job this season than Eddie.

• Love 13

Kate's flippant attitude about the Eddie/Rocky hook-up was hilarious. Rocky's inquiring to Amy whether she was jealous of Rocky hooking up with Eddie was so predictable. Knowing that Rockey was on two other reality shows though is just proof that she was not on the boat for any reason, but to be on t.v.; whereas I think most of the others really do work in the yachting industry.

I thought it was very cool that Connie stayed on board with Captain Lee. I also thought it was great that very little was made about Connie being the lone female deck hand. Unlike last year's lone female deckhand, we never heard her whine about not being as strong as the males. She really just kicked ass.

Overall this was just a great season and I'm really bummed that it's over. I really hope that Andy gets a true timeline of just how long the Rocky/Eddie affair lasted. And I really hope that the crew comes to Kate's defense when Rocky attempts to portray her as a drunk.

• Love 15

As another poster pointed out, I'm not sure why Eddie would try to deny anything happening between them when it was on camera (or at least it was implied on camera). Dude really was just trying to save his own desperate ass. I am beyond glad that Captain Lee expressed his disappointment in him and didn't sugarcoat it either. I'm also intrigued to hear Ben, Kate, Amy, etc. comment on how this appeared out of Eddie's usual character. Eddie knew what he was getting into when he decided to stick his ding a ling around, he knew he had a girlfriend, he knew Rocky was a lunatic, but as Captain Lee put it he was thinking with the wrong head, now he needs to own up to that decision and put it behind him. Trying to deny any of it ever happened in front of the whole crew and cameras is just extremely immature on his part. He and Rocky are both equally at fault for what happened. They were both willing participants in the deed and either one could have stopped this thing at any time. Eddie did not handle it well, IMO. Rocky clearly didn't understand it was "just sex" so if that's the case, yes she might be very dense for not understanding that hooking up in the laundry room is not going to lead to marriage, but Eddie could have just said that instead of ignoring her. He said "Why didn't you just come talk to me about it?" but how was she supposed to talk to him if he kept ignoring her? Argh, Eddie, don't make me have to defend Rocky! And yes, Rocky acted equally as douchey for rubbing it in Emile and Amy's faces that they hooked up knowing Emile has feelings for her (and the way she treated him when he was trying to defend her) and Amy sort of for Eddie I guess. They both showed their asses this season (no pun intended).

I suspect Rocky won't be brought back, mainly because it doesn't seem that she has any interest in doing so, but I also think there was so much viewer backlash this season about her as a cast member that they might decide not to bring her back anyway. I do think Eddie will be brought back, he's been on since the first season. They might try to do some kind of redemption arc with him next season about how everything is great now with his GF, he learned from his mistakes, and now he's concentrating on trying to become a captain or whatever. I do think there's a genuine friendship/relationship between him and Captain Lee and that even though Lee said he was very disappointed with Eddie this season, I can't imagine Lee wouldn't want Eddie to come back next charter season and work together again. What Eddie did was unprofessional and severely out of his character (according to the rest of the crew), but nothing illegal or worthy of being kicked off the boat forever. I think he'll be brought back. I hope to God we never see Rocky or her pretty ass cheeks ever again. Off to the next reality show she goes. It's not even like i hate her or anything, but she's just TOO much. Sure she makes for great reality entertainment, but I think I can only stand her in small doses. I wouldn't be able to take a whole season of her again without wanting to tear my hair out (and I'm sure the crew feels the same way).

Glad for Connie her hard work ethic paid off and she got the job she wanted. Aside from that weird obsession with putting condiments on her boobs, Connie did a great job this season and she definitely deserved the job offer. I think Captain Lee genuinely likes her a lot. I think we will see her again next season since she enjoys the job so much.

Next season I think we will see Eddie, Kate, Amy, Ben, and Connie return. I don't think Rocky will come back or be invited back and I could see it being the same for Emile. Overall I think he was a decent worker and was a good sport with the guests, but he just got too wrapped up in the drama. 

I think in the reunion Rocky is just trying to stick with her friend Leon with the "Kate was drunk" accusation. Unless Kate ever got drunk off camera, I feel like if Kate really had ever gotten drunk at some point during the season there'd be footage of it. Even on their off time with no guests on board I feel like Kate might have treated herself to a drink or 2, but even on downtime I can't see her letting her guard down so much to get that wasted. 

• Love 8

It's odd; I love the movies Young Adult and Another Year because they highlight delusional personalties. Those characters move me, but real people with the same defects leave me impatient and angry. Rocky is one sad fuck, but I don't care and hope never to be exposed to her again.

• Love 5

The fire was all Kate's fault. If Kate hadn't been so drunk, she would have seen that chef Leon left the oven ridiculously dirty and capable of catching fire. Drunk Kate was too drunk to clean up Leon's filthy oven before she negligently put a pizza in there. Clearly Kate is to blame. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.

• Love 12

I thought it was interesting when Rocky was under the covers and realized Emile was present, she wanted him outta there. At first I thought she was telling Eddie to leave but no it was Emile. The guy who was trying to uphold her honor. She used that guy so bad. Walked all over him, spit on him, and he still continued to defend her honor. This chick doesn't give a flying fuck about anyone but herself. Eddie came off as a total jerk too.

I believe they did hookup. Rocky was way too irritated during the beach scenes for me to believe it was acting. She got played and that realization was written all over her face.

• Love 12

I have so much hate in my heart, and Eddie and Rocky were in a dead heat the entire episode over who I hated more. Every time one would take the lead the other would open their mouth and come in from behind. I have decided to promote Eddie, from douchecanoe, to douchelord (what does it say about me that my phone recognizes "douchecanoe" as a word?).

First congrats to Connie, while I wasn't a huge fan of the condiment shenanigans, I have no problem as they didn't hurt anyone, and she worked hard and got her job done, I knew there was no way she would be in trouble.

I actually live in ft. Lauderdale, so now I just want to be friends with Amy. I just read on the bravo blog that she was recently on a boat as a solo stew/cook.... I'm guessing she didn't serve the Oreo salad. Guess Rocky wasn't the only one with culinary experience.

Wtf with the preview of Rocky accusing Kate of being drunk... I'm fairly confident if there were any truth to that Bravo would have shown it. Kate has never even seemed remotely out of it, I'm more out of it when I'm just tired.

And finally the Rocky/Eddie saga... Rocky never should have opened her mouth, but I don't necessarily feel bad for Eddie that she did, he was trying to be shady and got called on it. There was a real easy way to prevent that from happening, and that would have been to not hook up with Rocky. It was all a little "the girl who cried wolf" in the beginning, with Eddie denying... He was a total ass for trying to capitalize on Rocky being certifiable. But Rocky wouldn't have been in the position where people didn't believe her if she hadn't been so over the top and always throwing out ridiculous accusations the whole charter... Nobody took her seriously, when she was telling the truth. Poor Eddie had to call his girlfriend and come clean... You know it was all caught anyway, so even if Rocky had kept her mouth shut it probably would have made it on the air (I do believe this was producer manipulated). My favorite line of the night cam from captain Lee, "I'm not afraid to tell you... You fucked up" I'm going to need to use that.

• Love 5

I just never understood why Rocky was chasing Emile and flirting with him sexually for the first couple of episodes then when they went out to dinner it all changed. He actually told her 'I want to fuck you' and she did an about-face and targeted Eddie who has a girlfriend. Emile is unattached, attractive and willing so why not him instead of Eddie?  Maybe it just made for a more dramatic situation than it would have with Emile.

Hmmm.... Amy stirred the pot but good this episode.  And then it seemed like she sat around and enjoyed some popcorn while watching the fallout.  Not sure I buy the whole "I should tell Eddie before Emile does."  Why?  Just stay out of it.  Oh, unless you're on reality TV and you need to manufacture some drama, I guess.

Edited by hannah8976
  • Love 12

I liked Eddie too much the first two season to give up on him.  The people who have been with him before were shocked about him hooking up.  I think that's very telling.  His girlfriend cheated on him and there were definite problems going on.  He dealt with it by hooking up with Rocky.  Wrong?  Absolutely.  Denying it?  Absolutely.  Stupid?  Absolutely.  The guy screwed up.  At least he owned it in the end and in the end, it was his immature way of handling what his girlfriend did to him.  I loved Kate's reaction to it all.  Surprised that Eddie would do that but no big deal about two crew members hooking up.

Love Kate with Ben.  They really care about one another and have chemistry.  But they both know it wouldn't work.

Oh God.  Rocky just go away.  You and Eddie make amends but then get all 'eyes to the ceiling' because Eddie said it was a mistake.  You are hung up on the guy.  

Emile - you've got a lot of growing up to do.

Yay Connie.  Apparently there is a series in the work for Below Deck Mediterranean.  Maybe we'll see Connie.  Always nice to see familiar face on a new series.  Just speculating.

Looks like Dave wants to come back.  No problem with that.

Loved Kate and Amy bonding.  I think the friendship is real.   

• Love 3

Oh, forgot to add, as someone mentioned, this is not Rocky's first show.  It's her third.

http://bitchbybravo.com/2015/11/13/breaking-news-rocky-dakota-bartlow-in-third-reality-tv-show-she-appeared-on-season-5-of-abc-tvs-wipeout-exclusive-videophotos/

Hm.  I think 'Rocky' is looking for fame.....  No surprise here.  Maybe that's what she's looking at when she looks up 'above'.  God, was that the most annoying thing or what?  So, what show do you all think she'll be on next?

I thought it was very cool that Connie stayed on board with Captain Lee. I also thought it was great that very little was made about Connie being the lone female deck hand. Unlike last year's lone female deckhand, we never heard her whine about not being as strong as the males. She really just kicked ass.

Connie's a stocky little thing, and a super strong diver/swimmer. She might not give up much ground to Dave in terms of strength; he never seemed to struggle with the deckhand duties. I was definitely glad to hear Captain Lee extend the invitation to work the Mediterranean charter season on his crew.

The fire was all Kate's fault. If Kate hadn't been so drunk, she would have seen that chef Leon left the oven ridiculously dirty and capable of catching fire. Drunk Kate was too drunk to clean up Leon's filthy oven before she negligently put a pizza in there. Clearly Kate is to blame. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.

Don't forget that the glass of wine itself was supposedly involved in the oven fire. Because apparently wine burns now!

• Love 1

I think Rocky was a good catalyst for drama this season.  I don't think it's all an act.  She's probably fairly easy to wind up and send off to cause a specific kind of scene/storyline because she's unstable and an attention whore.  I mean...if this were a different decade she'd be perfect making a career on MTV's Road Rules/Challenge shows.  That said, I need fresh for next year.  My fear, however, is that they'll bring her back as a charter guest.

And her accusing Kate of drinking during charter...she'd better be prepped to back that shit up, because it's not cool to say things that would screw with someone's career the way that could, if people didn't recognize the source.  

Eddie totally lost me.  I guess it's cool that he recovered quickly and admitted what happened...or whatever.  I'm with Kate on this: who gives a fuck, really.  Though I'm curious to hear Rocky talk about it on the reunion because I'm not sure how one translates a few moments in a laundry room into some kind of meaningful love affair.  Watching Eddie tonight, I sort of think he said some things to trigger that.  

I really appreciated the Ben/Kate farewell scene.  It was very sweet, and made me wish I'd seen more of their relationship besides that one argument.  They both came off looking good, imho, which could have been a stronger contrast against Rocky/Eddie if, y'know, it were shown more.  I actually could have done with more Ben in general.  The first chef couldn't drag his ass out of bed to microwave snacks.  This guy lops off a chunk of his finger (side note: I watch a lot of cooking shows, I've never seen them actually show an injury like that before) and finishes service successfully.  That's badass.

I'm shocked this warrants a two-part reunion.  Is that because Andy wants to fuck Emile (per the WWHL with Kate/Amy)?  Of, do people watch this?

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 3

Kate is kind of a mean girl. As long as she has a BFF, she has no problem shitting on third stew. Unfortunately for Amy, she was the odd one out last season. This season, it was Rocky, but she was actually a terrible stew. I still think it's ridiculous Kate thought Kat was better than Amy last season.

Eddie really lost it. First of all, if you're gonna hook up, hook up with Amy. She's discreet and she has the same name as his GF at home. Of course, I think Amy is the most attractive of the bunch.

Rocky was another Kat, except that she apparently had no boat experience.

• Love 6

As another poster pointed out, I'm not sure why Eddie would try to deny anything happening between them when it was on camera (or at least it was implied on camera). Dude really was just trying to save his own desperate ass. I am beyond glad that Captain Lee expressed his disappointment in him and didn't sugarcoat it either. I'm also intrigued to hear Ben, Kate, Amy, etc. comment on how this appeared out of Eddie's usual character. Eddie knew what he was getting into when he decided to stick his ding a ling around, he knew he had a girlfriend, he knew Rocky was a lunatic, but as Captain Lee put it he was thinking with the wrong head, now he needs to own up to that decision and put it behind him. Trying to deny any of it ever happened in front of the whole crew and cameras is just extremely immature on his part. He and Rocky are both equally at fault for what happened. They were both willing participants in the deed and either one could have stopped this thing at any time. Eddie did not handle it well, IMO. Rocky clearly didn't understand it was "just sex" so if that's the case, yes she might be very dense for not understanding that hooking up in the laundry room is not going to lead to marriage, but Eddie could have just said that instead of ignoring her. He said "Why didn't you just come talk to me about it?" but how was she supposed to talk to him if he kept ignoring her? Argh, Eddie, don't make me have to defend Rocky! And yes, Rocky acted equally as douchey for rubbing it in Emile and Amy's faces that they hooked up knowing Emile has feelings for her (and the way she treated him when he was trying to defend her) and Amy sort of for Eddie I guess. They both showed their asses this season (no pun intended).

My take on this is that Rocky and Eddie tried to keep their relationship off-camera and even agreed to not make it public.  I think they were probably very careful about it.  This is why we only got shots of the washing machine whirring when they were supposed to be together and never saw them going into or leaving the laundry room together. Nor did we ever see them being affectionate or close in any way.  We just got shots of each walking down a hall alone at night *which could have been from any night). I think that Eddie tried to end it by just ignoring her  and treating her with contempt and she understandably felt hurt and angry.  She then decided to tell some of the crew and probably production as well (while gazing at the ceiling).   In fact, I bet she told production and they told her to confide in the crew on camera.  Eddie was caught off guard when Amy came to him and did his disgusting denial to everyone on camera believing that EVERYONE would believe him over crazy Rocky.  Rocky then showed the texts to production as proof that they did hook up because otherwise it was a he said, she said deal.   Production then confronted Eddie and he finally decided to admit to it since he couldn't deny it anymore.  The season was then edited with the texts shown while everything was supposedly going down.  This is why you see Rocky reading the texts on camera very assertively (like "See! I'm right!"")  and the pop-ups of the actual texts. And then the ridiculous shots of the washing machine. The shot of Eddie in the sombrero saying Eduardo is ready was most likely taken when he was going to that party they had for one the guests (where he was dancing weirdly) or maybe just some time he was being silly.

I think Eddie really did not want anything about the hook-up with Rocky to get out because of his GF and his career. It was very Clinton-esque. He  was forced to do an about face when shown the texts and told it would be on the show since Rocky was talking about it to everyone on camera and making it a story line (with production encouragement, no doubt.).  He then did his insincere mea culpa routine to save face.  Otherwise, his flat out lying and confronting Rocky and insisting it never happened does not make sense at all.   It does make sense that he would ask Rocky why they couldn't have worked it out between then and why didn't she come to him first.

Eddie's lying says a lot about him and his gf should be concerned.  Rocky's inability to keep the secret (beware a woman scorned!) and willingness to make him suffer in his professional and personal life says something about her, too.

Anyway, I'm confident in this theory because as much as I enjoy the show, the editing has just been so choppy and disjointed that it's clear the story is being made from bits and pieces of dialogue and quick shots that just seem weird and out of place.

Edited by RedBaron
  • Love 14