Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Loose Lips Sink Ships

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I agree that she probably meant it to be sarcastic or "tongue in cheek", but as often happens with written word, a lot of it could be understood differently.

Agreed. I do think it would make people think she was being honest, because she did include Leon and Emile in her answer. I could actually believe that those two might have kept in touch with her. Also, why bother being sarcastic or joking when answering a "who do you keep in contact with" question? Sigh...It's Rocky, so I guess that is answer enough.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 3

I'm pretty sure captain Lee watches, he has a blog that outlines the show, and while he is living all of this, he wouldn't necessarily know which episode is being filmed when filming, and his blog is very specific to each individual episode with teasers to future episodes. I think in the past they have mentioned he even has watching parties at his house for the cast that's in ft lauderdale... I live in ft lauderdale and I'm considering making going to one of those parties a goal in life.

The blogs that are on the Bravo site are ghost-written by Bravo interns...someone who used to do this for a RHONY has blogged about it on her own personal site.  

• Love 1
If Rocky meant anything at all to Eddie other than a quickie or laundry room hook up, he would have worded it better.  To me, his phrasing was indicative of how he felt about the whole situation.  It came across as a dirty secret, low, base and something to be ashamed of.

But if that was the original agreement between them, that they be no-strings-attached fuck buddies, why is it ungallant of him to view it just that way?  Or for her to?  

I've never believed for a minute that her feelings were involved in any way with Eddie, other than needing somebody to scratch her itch -- the physical itch and the storyline itch.  The whole coy hiding under the covers thing makes no sense if your lover is denying you and making you look like a fool.  Rage makes sense.  Hurt makes sense.  Tears.  I have the sneaking suspicion she was under the covers because she was afraid she couldn't pull off not laughing.  

Then when she actually confronts him about denying her, she's about as emotionally engaged as if he got everybody a beer except her, as opposed to telling all her coworkers that she's a lying liar that he wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Now, whether these scenes were scripted by BRAVO or by Rocky in her "how can I guarantee air time", I don't know.  

• Love 2

Imo, Kate's being a bitch and doing that gaslighting thing she's expert at.  I read the entire tweet of Rocky's and not just the snippet Kate chose to re-tweet. Not only is Rocky's sarcasm obvious to me, but I can see her eyes rolling to the ceiling as she's writing it. In context, someone asked Rocky who she keeps in touch with. She replied with the bit about Connie always calling her for "wave forecasts and bikini tips" LOL Sarcasm much?  And then how whenever she's in Florida, Lee invites her over and she cooks for them.  But the biggest bit of sarcasm from Rocky is when she says Eddie actually really loves her.  Come ON. 

But Resting Bitch Face only retweeted the bit about Captain Lee and forwarded only that part to Lee.  Which he responded to and said it never happened. When Rocky responded to all this by "It was a joke, they all hate me", yes, I believe her saying they all hate her was a pathetic cry for attention but it really does prove Kate hates her by purposely leaving out the context of the original tweet.  Just to be a bitch and curry further favor.  And that's cool.  Rocky = attention starved loon, Kate = raging,unfair bitch.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't see Rocky's entire tweet, only what Kate posted. And then I saw the denials, so I just figured that was all there was to it.

It is obvious that they both hate each other. And I wouldn't work around or spend any time with either of them.

• Love 1

Just the other day, I stepped out of my hater box and wrote a really glowy post about Amy.  That was a FIRST for me.  I was showing my softer, vulnerable side. LOL.  So when Amy told Eddie she needed to speak to him and proceeded to stick her pert little nose into Eddie's business I was all, "Nooooooooooooooo......."

In all fairness to Amy (not really), didn't she go to Eddie because she was afraid Emile would get to him first and proceed to beat Eddie's ass to a pulp?

• Love 4

What is the age difference between Kate and Ben?

Starting to think their great romance was Bravo invention. For instance she seemed surprised by his arrival on the Eros, one could think such lovers would have notified each other.At the beach party she was shown on camera spending time with the other females rather than the man who could never give her what she wanted.

Here's where I realize I have given too many brain cells to this show: I enjoyed the sparkle of Kate and Ben so much I want there to be fanfiction about them. With them, I believe they're all wise to Bravo and enjoying raking in show and tip money. And I have no idea why any of this matters to me. Maybe because the contrast of the two of them compared to all the crazy was just plain refreshing.

Hell, I'd believe this too. And even if not, I'd handle watching Eddie for another season. People who go through shit, even shit they caused themselves, but who learn from it?* Reminds me of me! I wasn't always as smart as I am now. :P But I just can't see another rolling Rocky eyeball.

This is my honest opinion and it's not going to be popular because whether we realize or not, we want to believe shows like Below Deck. We want to see it as truth. I see Below Deck to be like any other, it's scripted and rehearsed. When I see Eddie angrily walking towards the locked cabin door of Rocky and can see the reflection of 2 men, one a sound man and the other carrying a camera then I know it wasn't just an impulse of Eddie. It was planned. He gets to the 'locked' door and suddenly he's got a pair of scissors to pry the lock open. Where did he get those, did he bring them with him, did he ask Emile to get him a pair, or maybe the cameraman had them in his pocket?

The bottom line is that I honestly don't believe that Eddie and Rocky ever had sex. I truly believe that Eddie threw himself under the bus in order to add interest and controversy to the series. Up to this season, Eddie has been the poster child for the perfect crew member and gentleman. I think that both of them were fully cooperative with Bravo in creating the drama and to have it all conveniently come to a head during the filming of the season conclusion. I believe that Eddie forewarned his girlfriend that this was part of the contrived drama and that's why she really has no problem with it. I also think that the 'cheating' that his girlfriend was accused of was contrived as well just to give Eddie some justification for boning Rocky. The minds of Bravo viewers want to believe the story so it's very easy for Bravo to pull it off. It's more difficult for someone who wants to believe the script to have to adjust their thinking and rationalize it and grasp the concept of being deceived for ratings.

This is a tweet from Rocky yesterday. Despite the way she left, as if she was never going to be part of the cast ever again, it appears that she's already thinking about next season and plans to be there.

CUInDZeUAAAIgnu.jpg

*If Eddie really is and remains a douche, then forget him.

Edited by HouseofBeck
  • Love 4

The blogs that are on the Bravo site are ghost-written by Bravo interns...someone who used to do this for a RHONY has blogged about it on her own personal site.

Ah.... Good to know, that makes sense, now that I think about it, it does read like someone trying too hard to sound like captain Lee.

• Love 1

She says they had sex.  He says they didn't.

She's not believed, because:

--It's Eddie!  We love him.  Fan favorite of Seasons One and Two.

--It's Rocky.  Can't stand her.  Get her off my tv.

--She's loony.  She stares at the ceiling when she talks.  She puts Oreos in salad.

--She's an attention seeker.  She flops around in a mermaid tail.

--She's immature.  She wrote Emile a big note and showed it around.

--She didn't do her work well and complained a lot.

--He could do better.  Amy's right there!

--No cameras in the laundry room.  Where's the proof?

She says they had sex.  He changes his story and admits they had sex.

She's still not believed, because:

--He probably just agreed to make the sacrifice and look like a jerk for the good of the tv show.

--She didn't act right when he announces "Okay, we fucked."  She danced around instead of being shamed by the disrespectful characterization.

--The captain speaks disapprovingly to Eddie, but maybe he was out of the loop on what was true and what was staged?

--Many crewmates look surprised by Eddie's admission, but they're actors, after all.

Additional evidence that discredits Rocky's claim:

--her tweet was stupid

--scissors don't jimmy locks

This all makes me a little queasy.  I don't think I can take two reunion hours of The People v. Rocky.  It looks like she's going to go for the "offense is the best defense" tactic and she's really not equipped to carry that off.  Bloodbath. 

Edited by candall
  • Love 12

In the Captain's blog he says to Ben, Kate, Connie, Amy and David that he looks forward to working with them again.  No surprise that he doesn't say the same to Rocky or Emile but the big surprise is he doesn't say it to Eddie either.  He says they'll always be friends and he'll always be there for Eddie but he doesn't say he looks forward to working with him again.  Hmmmmm.......

• Love 1

Before the Rocky debacle Captain Lee had noted that Eddie's personal life was interfering with his duties and told him he needed to shape up. He may have decided not to sign up for another round of girlfriend/sidepiece drama getting in the way of smooth operation of the deck crew. (Note that while Kate was embroiled in major drama with TWO co-workers, she kept her head in the game and did whatever it took to make sure the work didn't suffer because of it.) It's also possible Lee would be happy enough to have Eddie back but the latter decided not to return after humiliating himself on national TV.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 3

Before the Rocky debacle Captain Lee had noted that Eddie's personal life was interfering with his duties and told him he needed to shape up. He may have decided not to sign up for another round of girlfriend/sidepiece drama getting in the way of smooth operation of the deck crew. (Note that while Kate was embroiled in major drama with TWO co-workers, she kept her head in the game and did whatever it took to make sure the work didn't suffer because of it.) It's also possible Lee would be happy enough to have Eddie back but the latter decided not to return after humiliating himself on national TV.

It sounds like Eddie may have decided not to come back (maybe Eddie said something at the reunion or to Lee) because Lee says:  We will always be friends, and when you need something, just ask and I will do whatever I can to help you.

I wouldn't be surprised because apparently his girlfriend cheated on him last season and then he cheated on her this season.  And from what I've read here, they're still together.  He also has a job with a tugboat company in Baltimore.  It's kind of sad that two people can't get through six weeks without 'cheating'.  The relationship, if it's going to be a permanent, needs work.  And they both need to mature.

Then again, maybe it was just an oversight on Lee's part when writing the blog.

• Love 1

This show is no different than any soap opera that is airing today. Does the fact that Bravo bills it as "reality" make people see it differently?

The "crew" was not really a yacht crew, so the comments about a "supervisor opening the door of a subordinate" don't really ring true. This crew is comprised of cast members. Rocky isn't Eddie subordinate, her character is.

Edited by OnceSane

The bottom line is that I honestly don't believe that Eddie and Rocky ever had sex. I truly believe that Eddie threw himself under the bus in order to add interest and controversy to the series. Up to this season, Eddie has been the poster child for the perfect crew member and gentleman.   I think that both of them were fully cooperative with Bravo in creating the drama and to have it all conveniently come to a head during the filming of the season conclusion.

Anything is possible but I respectfully disagree. They just can't be that good as actors, can they?  Let's say Rocky and Eddie can act.  And Eddie totally pulled off the angry smoking and drinking.  Totally NAILS the ragey liar face.  Rocky pulls off the crazy, woman/child done wrong.

I think there's a mixture of "reality" and scripting going on in all these Bravo shows. Plus a lot of wonky, untrustworthy editing. I don't know... basically, it doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the show. I agree that these people are not good enough actors for it to be 80% scripted and acted rather than mostly actual, unplanned situations (Dane being a drunken asshole, a fire in the galley, Ben cutting his finger) and reactions. Geez, who would even write that Eddie would drunkenly declare that he and Rocky did actually "fuck" and that Rocky would gleefully prance around the fire describing how awesome it was? That's Oscar-caliber writing skills there [scarcasm], or more likely, truth really IS stranger than fiction.

The production company can set up situations, or help them along once they've begun to unfold naturally (hey girls, how about having a bubble bath party on your night off?), or wait for things to happen and be there to capture them, plus edit it all together cleverly -- and that's what I think happens with this show. I mean, look at the charter guests. Of course the production company has a hand in choosing who does a charter and when, hence the RHoA crossover episode with Cynthia Bailey. Only the last set of guests were near-total duds. Lucky for us, the Rocky v Eddie drama boiled over and got the feature edit. 

I can agree that some people are thrown into these shows purely to provide drama. Hell, Vanderpump Rules is chock full of them and Rocky was an obvious plant. But I just can't imagine why Eddie, who is slowly climbing the ranks, would willingly humiliate himself on national television, especially when he was being touted as the golden boy of yachting? Unless he's just as much a fame-seeker as Rocky, he doesn't have anything to gain from it.

And honestly, that doesn't really gain him any favor with me. I don't see how cheating on his girlfriend is any more disrespectful than dragging her into a false reality tv storyline that tarnishes both their reputations.

That said, it's a reality show. There will be producers whispering in their ears and they will do their best to manipulate the storyline. But at the end of the day, it's hard to fake behavior when they are being followed around by cameras virtually nonstop. If you come across as a massive douchebag on tv, it's at least a fraction of the reality.

Edited by rho
  • Love 4

This show is no different than any soap opera that is airing today. Does the fact that Bravo bills it as "reality" make people see it differently?

If this is true, then they should get their SAG cards out and get real acting jobs and make some real money. Because every single one of them has mad acting skillz.  I don't disagree that some of it is acting, but to say it's 'no different' that a soap is incorrect, imo. 

Eileen Davidson, if you're reading, please comment.

• Love 6

In the Captain's blog he says to Ben, Kate, Connie, Amy and David that he looks forward to working with them again.  No surprise that he doesn't say the same to Rocky or Emile but the big surprise is he doesn't say it to Eddie either.  He says they'll always be friends and he'll always be there for Eddie but he doesn't say he looks forward to working with him again.  Hmmmmm.......

That doesn't surprise me.  Captain seems like a stand-up guy.  Eddie is a twisted, pathological liar.  I don't see how the Captain, or any of them, could watch the scene from Rocky's cabin and not come to the same conclusion. It was so disturbing. 

Lee is smart enough to know that behavior like that isn't something that just popped up this one time because, Rocky.  Nope.  Something is wrong with that boy's brain.  Maybe Lee saw other things, too, that we didn't.  Oh well.  I hope the reunion sheds some light.

• Love 4

And honestly, that doesn't really gain him any favor with me. I don't see how cheating on his girlfriend is any more disrespectful than dragging her into a false reality tv storyline that tarnishes both their reputations.

I agree with your whole post.  But want to comment on this part about dragging her into a false reality storyline that tarnishes their reps.

Whether it's all fake or not:  Imagine the pressure they put on their relationship by doing this.  His GF has to go to work and hear her co-workers tell her that her boyfriend is a dirtbag.  Or worse, just start giving her the sad side eyes.  Thanksgiving at her parents will be awesome

Even if it's fake and they all know it, I'd not be happy as either one's parent to have to explain to my friends/family/coworder that Below Deck is "really all acting and little Eddie is the best guy ever!". There will be the ones who know him, and if he is a true Boy Scout, they'll believe. But there are more people who are accepting his douchey behavior at face value. 

But maybe it's worth it.  Or maybe the heat isn't all that bad for him.  He seems like the kind of guy that doesn't give a shit.

• Love 3

The "crew" was not really a yacht crew, so the comments about a "supervisor opening the door of a subordinate" don't really ring true. This crew is comprised of cast members. Rocky isn't Eddie subordinate, her character is.

Actually neither is. Whether we're talking about Rocky or "Rocky," she is Kate's subordinate, and Captain Lee's, and the mostly unseen first mate's. Eddie is technically higher in the yacht's pecking order than she is, but he is not her supervisor and doesn't have the authority to give her orders unless she's doing something that interferes with the running of the deck (which, in Rocky's case, is perhaps not that unlikely a scenario).

• Love 3

Personally, I reject the premise that anyone (Kate, Ben, or the show itself) has ever suggested any kind of "great romance." They enjoy playing with each other, they have genuine affection for each other, and every now and then they hook up. And that's about it. They're friends with occasional benefits, and I've never seen any indication on the show that it was ever anything other than that. Kate has said as much on the show, "...like cheesecake, just can't have it every day" and Ben has always seemed very casual about it as well. They just have their fun when the inspiration strikes and the opportunity presents itself.

Unless we're talking about that whole conversation between them in this episode, which actually took me by surprise precisely because I'd never seen any indication that the situation was even remotely "serious" enough to warrant such a speech from Ben. And judging by Kate's reaction, I don't think she had either. She looked like she was wondering where all that was coming from as well, and she seemed to be trying to politely acknowledge it but to also shut it down with a quickness. Kind of a "That's sweet, thank you. So, we all good?" I think the whole thing might have just been a case of getting a little overly-emotional since they were all going their separate ways. Didn't seem to last very long.

I was actually a bit annoyed with that scene. I liked that they decided to address their status head on and acknowledge it when Ben joined the ship.  Get it out of the way publicly so that it doesn't morph into some rude gossipy, dirty little secret that takes on a disrespectful life of it's own. They had enough respect for each other and their little "thing" to just put it out there so they would be able to laugh it off lightheartedly and affectionately whenever any of the crew brought it up avoiding some awkward moment that could have very well prompted an unpolished reaction from either Ben or Kate which in turn may have offended the other.  Smart move for them to just lightly dust the crew with this info so it doesn't become RUDE talking points amongst the others.

Anyhoo, point being they were very open and clear about what them hooking up was about and that yes there is some gray area dancing around their feelings but they did seem to have their wits about them regarding their situation and they BOTH seemed to be on the same page with no real indication that there was any confusion about where it was headed. It looked pretty clear that both of them understood what to expect. I didn't appreciate that Ben took the opportunity to what? Basically remind Kate that they were basically friends with benefits? I mean, to me that seemed very condescending and I can't stand when men do that. Kate looks to obviously have her head wrapped around the reality of the current state of their interactions with each other. They are obviously friends so I mean Ben practically pulled out the friends with benefits contract for a quick refresher and review like Kate was acting in a way that was getting close to violating the FWB agreement.

With that said, I do think that Ben did that because of his own feelings and I do think he really cares for Kate and thought that would be a sweet way to reiterate his genuine feelings for her but dude that rubbed me the wrong way. It didn't need to be said. There is such a thing as unspoken agreements because to say such things out loud no matter how in tune you are with someone it will ALWAYS come out sounding bad and condescending. It kinda sounded like he was breaking up with her while patting her on the head which was unnecessary because Kate was behaving pretty normally. If I have a FWB arrangement with someone, no matter how cool I am with them I really don't need to hear that "You know I think you're great I just want to make sure that you're still on the same page with me regarding the fact that this is just hooking up, we are not heading for an exclusive relationship Okay? Thank you, love you buh bye now". 

I get that men get nervous and women tend to flip the script on a dime and before you know it a man is dealing with a women who woke up one day and decided the hooking up has been going on long enough that now it's a relationship, totally get it but I really can't stand the "disclaimer conversation" that they think needs to happen every so often just to make sure the woman isn't getting too comfortable or misconstruing the closeness for "something more". I recognized right out the gate once Ben got started that he was doing "the speech" and I felt bad for Kate cause now she's got the hard job of responding in a way that doesn't make her look stupid I mean exactly how does one engage in a conversation like that without looking stupid or looking like the chic that wants more meanwhile he doesn't (ya know, like Rocky)? Ben kinda implied that Kate was pushing for something more or putting the pressure on and I don't believe that. I do think Kate would be more ready to test the waters with Ben in a relationship that's obvious but I can also see that Kate has pretty much got a handle on this particular situation (for now anyway) so that little convo was unnecessary in my opinion.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we hear about a little bit of rough waters between Ben and Kate in the future once one of them actually gets in a relationship with someone else or not surprised to hear of a rift because Kate did decide to push for more and it didn't make for an amicable outcome once Ben nix's the concept. Not saying Ben's conversation with her won't be necessary in the future just saying it was a little bit in poor taste and premature for him to be having it with her when he did since she didn't seem to be pushing him for anything anyway. However during the talking heads and all the interaction and discussion had about cheesecake and all that I do believe that Kate comes across as trying to convince HERSELF that their current arrangement is for the best and she's cool with it. I like that she's mature enough to recognize it and act accordingly but like a lot of women we try to rationalize, accept, compartmentalize the "friends with benefits" deal only to still fall hard eventually and finally demand more and I kinda think this is where Kate is headed. Good part about it is that I think I get a little bit of a vibe from Ben that he could possibly give in if/when it comes to that so I guess we'll see.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1

This is my honest opinion and it's not going to be popular because whether we realize or not, we want to believe shows like Below Deck. We want to see it as truth. I see Below Deck to be like any other, it's scripted and rehearsed. When I see Eddie angrily walking towards the locked cabin door of Rocky and can see the reflection of 2 men, one a sound man and the other carrying a camera then I know it wasn't just an impulse of Eddie. It was planned. He gets to the 'locked' door and suddenly he's got a pair of scissors to pry the lock open. Where did he get those, did he bring them with him, did he ask Emile to get him a pair, or maybe the cameraman had them in his pocket?

The bottom line is that I honestly don't believe that Eddie and Rocky ever had sex. I truly believe that Eddie threw himself under the bus in order to add interest and controversy to the series. Up to this season, Eddie has been the poster child for the perfect crew member and gentleman.   I think that both of them were fully cooperative with Bravo in creating the drama and to have it all conveniently come to a head during the filming of the season conclusion. I believe that Eddie forewarned his girlfriend that this was part of the contrived drama and that's why she really has no problem with it. I also think that the 'cheating' that his girlfriend was accused of was contrived as well just to give Eddie some justification for boning Rocky. The minds of Bravo viewers want to believe the story so it's very easy for Bravo to pull it off. It's more difficult for someone who wants to believe the script to have to adjust their thinking and rationalize it and grasp the concept of being deceived for ratings.

This is a tweet from Rocky yesterday. Despite the way she left, as if she was never going to be part of the cast ever again, it appears that she's already thinking about next season and plans to be there.

CUInDZeUAAAIgnu.jpg

I can maybe get on board with this EXCEPT for the forewarning of the girlfriend. Nope, no women is signing up for that sort of humiliation. Her being warned doesn't help the embarrassment that this storyline brings to her front door. Not on purpose. Not to mention having a women gloat on TV while making her the butt of a joke (I mean what woman wouldn't be humiliated with another woman brags about her sexual conquests with her man on TV).  I'm altering the theory a bit to suggest that the cheating girlfriend is legit and that they were broken up, Eddie could move forward with this storyline since it would A) probably hurt his ex's feelings B) wouldn't jeopardize an already dead or almost dead relationship and C) everything else you said.

I don't know that the Captain knew about all the lying at that point.  Eddie's main bout of pathological behavior happened as they were getting ready to go out.  Looks like Lee only learns about the hook up - not about how Eddie lied to make Rocky look like a liar.

To me, if I were the Captain, I'd be more concerned about the deceit and willfully trying to discredit a subordinate than the hooking up itself.  Eddie is one un-trustworthy mofo.

I'm anxious for the reunion.  I wonder if Lee had a chance to see the footage before the reunion was filmed?

Pathological means compulsive and uncontrollable lying. Not someone lying or denying something they didn't really want to be ambushed about among coworkers (at least not til the reunion) so there's that.

I don't think Eddie is completely untrustworthy because he immaturely handled a work place tryst he absolutely regrets and did a whole what? 2 hours of denying it and backpeddling unsuccessfully. I get he fucked up but I chalk it up to him being a dude. I don't think this mistake defines who he is I just think he's not the saint he was "suppossed" to be. He's too clumsy with this shit for it to be who he really is. He didn't look comfortable AT ALL. During the whole ordeal. Actually he looked like someone who doesn't know how to be very casual with secret affairs. Look how royally he fucked this one up where on the other hand look how smooth Ben is with his conquests?

Last season with the Kat hook up AND he had a girlfriend and now the FWB with Kate. All nice and suave with nothing stuck on him. I'm not comparing the situations lets be clear I'm just comparing what it looks like to be a dude that for the most part "plays the game" (I'm sure Ben plays it dirty ala cheating with Kat and clean ala sweet FWB Kate) but that's what a player looks like. The Ben type is much more dangerous cause at the end of the day he won't bat at eyelash at the repercussions good, bad ugly. Eddie's brand is the average Joe I fucked up and I don't even know how one's suppossed to act in this situation hence the douchetastic behavior. I don't know, there's something about seeing a dude flounder. It kinda shows me that this isn't common to him which is why he's all over the place. That, side by side Ben's cool as a cucumber behavior these last couple of seasons really shows a striking comparison. I think Ben's cool not using the comparison as a dig at Ben just as an aid to paint why I don't see Eddie as this straight forward villan and just a dude that did something stupid and proceeded to act stupid about it.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6

Anything is possible but I respectfully disagree. They just can't be that good as actors, can they?  Let's say Rocky and Eddie can act.  And Eddie totally pulled off the angry smoking and drinking.  Totally NAILS the ragey liar face.  Rocky pulls off the crazy, woman/child done wrong.  But what about Emile's reactions?  Dude just isn't that bright to pull off the acting chops required to be as convincing as he was. And Amy?  Unless she's a superb actress, I don't believe she's that calculating to fake her concern and surprise.

And Connie.  Who repeated several times that Rocky was lying only to piss off Emile. Her surprise when she learned that she was wrong....looked pretty genuine to me.

My theory is that maybe they weren't clued in to the story line and thought it might have actually gone down.  Then they would have actually been surprised in a "really? that happened under our noses?" sort of way.

• Love 1

Only some of them are. Like Kim Richards and some others like her who just can't write a clear thought. She dictates her thoughts and someone writes them in a way that make sense. Carole Radziwill writes a great blog and Captain Lee has a whole other blog site where he rants about various subjects. Clearly the same writing style as his Bravo blog. I think he enjoys writing, as would Carole of course.

• Love 4

Only some of them are. Like Kim Richards and some others like her who just can't write a clear thought.

- That's what I thought. I've seen Capt Lee's blog on his site, and it is just like his writing on Bravo. Clearly he is blogging, and others won't bother to. If interns were writing the blogs, then they would be getting done, which mostly they aren't. I think that it is a reflection of the work ethic (or maybe the desire to be heard) of the person who bothers to blog. Capt. Lee and Kate seem like the type, and as it turns out they are.

Here's the link : http://www.thecaptlee.com/

• Love 2

Eddie verbatim.  So if I ever want to give this dirtbag the benefit of a doubt I can come back and read it.

If you're spreading rumors about me at least talk to me about it.

C'mon.  Why would you be saying these things?

I mean, what the fuck is your problem? What are you doing?

Why are you doing this?  (Rocky: Hey I can't really do this right now.)

What are you doing?  (R: Do you have a girlfriend?)

Yes, I do, so why are you saying these things? (R: Okay.)

Rocky, what the fuck?  At least look at me.   What the fuck did I do to make you treat me like this?

Rocky if you're saying these fucking things about me I think I have a right to be here.  (R:  What fucking things, Eddie?)

You're saying that something happened between us?  Why can't we just talk and we can figure out what you're saying and why you're saying it.  (R:  So I'm just making everything up?)

Nothing ever happened so I don't know why you'd ever say it.  (R:  Really?)

Yeah, really.

And then he goes on deck to angrily smoke a cigarette and tell Emile that the reason Rocky is lying is to make Emile angry.  Because "you have a huge crush on her. And she doesn't like you and she's trying to trying to make you angry, trying to make you jealous, trying to back you off,  I dunno."

LOL What an utter turd. It's not only the lying.  It's the trying to further turn people away from her, not that she didn't do a bang up job of that herself, but still.  And trying to hurt Emile in the process.  Eddie is liar and a "man" of limited integrity = untrustworthy in my book.

The Ben type is much more dangerous cause at the end of the day he won't bat at eyelash at the repercussions good, bad ugly. Eddie's brand is the average Joe I fucked up and I don't even know how one's suppossed to act in this situation hence the douchetastic behavior.  I don't know, there's something about seeing a dude flounder. It kinda shows me that this isn't common to him which is why he's all over the place.

I couldn't disagree more.  Ben is as dangerous as a horny kitten.  Eddie turned into a snarling, lying dick willing to throw this woman under the bus.

Eddie, imo, wasn't floundering in his delivery.  I can see him subjecting his innocent girlfriends (past and present) to the exact same rant. "What are YOU doing?"  "Why are YOU treating me like this?"  "What did I do to deserve this?" all the while lying his punk ass off. 

So typical of a certain type of adolescent male.  Only isn't he on the other side of 30?

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

I can see him subjecting his innocent girlfriends (past and present) to the exact same rant.

Only, his current girlfriend isn't so innocent.  It's possible, Eddie chooses, and is chosen by, women who also lack character.  I wonder if when he caught the current one cheating she stood over him shouting,  "Nothing happened. What the fuck are you doing?  Why are you saying such awful things about me?

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

Eddie verbatim.  So if I ever want to give this dirtbag the benefit of a doubt I can come back and read it.

If you're spreading rumors about me at least talk to me about it.

C'mon.  Why would you be saying these things?

I mean, what the fuck is your problem? What are you doing?

Why are you doing this?  (Rocky: Hey I can't really do this right now.)

What are you doing?  (Do you have a girlfriend?)

Yes, I do, so why are you saying these things? (Okay.)

Rocky, what the fuck?  At least look at me.   What the fuck did I do to make you treat me like this?

Rocky if you're saying these fucking things about me I think I have a right to be here.  (What fucking things, Eddie?)

You're saying that something happened between us?  Why can't we just talk and we can figure out what you're saying and why you're saying it.  (So I'm just making everything up?)

Nothing ever happened so I don't know why you'd ever say it.  (Really?)

Yeah, really.

And then he goes on deck to angrily smoke a cigarette and tell Emile that the reason Rocky is lying is to make Emile angry.  Because "you have a huge crush on her. And she doesn't like you and she's trying to trying to make you angry, trying to make you jealous, trying to back you off,  I dunno."

LOL What an utter turd. It's not only the lying.  It's the trying to further turn people away from her, not that she didn't do a bang up job of that herself, but still.  And trying to hurt Emile in the process.  Eddie is liar and a "man" of limited integrity = untrustworthy in my book.

I couldn't disagree more.  Ben is as dangerous as a horny kitten.  Eddie turned into a snarling, lying dick willing to throw this woman under the bus.

Eddie, imo, wasn't floundering in his delivery.  I can see him giving that exact same speech to his girlfriends, past and present.  "What are YOU doing?"  "Why are YOU treating me like this?" all the while lying his punk ass off.  So typical of a certain type of adolescent male.  Only isn't he on the other side of 30?

I was using the Ben comparison to show someone who is a seasoned player, cheater vs. a dude that fucked up and handled a mistake poorly and badly. Yeah, he tried to deflect blame, yeah, he tried to discredit Rocky, yeah he was trying to pretend she was manufacturing everything. That's what he did in this ONE situation. My position is is that I don't believe Eddie does this routinely over and over again. Not that this particular situation wasn't a colossal stain on him and his reputation. Just a bit of perspective is all.

And as a woman who's encountered the Ben's of the world Ben is not as dangerous as a horny kitten. Engaging in cheating on his significant other as well as participating as the other guy for Kat to cheat on hers leads me to believe that Ben takes no prisoners and isn't remorseful about it. That sort of cavalier attitude and disregard/disrespect for other people while giggling/preening the whole time is way more vicious to me than a guy acting out because he regrets hooking up with the boat THOT. Who, lets face it, was a bit shady in her intentions as well. Basically people behaving badly. But hey, mileage varies and all that.

Also, I was liking Ben this season. Didn't care for his attitude too much last two seasons but enjoyed him on this season so hey I'm not hating on Ben I just think that it's funny how Ben's bad behavior is taken in stride while Eddie's faux paus is so pearl clutching worthy. Emotions got heated, people got busted, feelings got hurt, people lied, people exaggerated, people were spiteful and disappointment all around but it's not like we found out that Eddie roofied Rocky's drink or anything. The whole display was actually akin to High School life which is why I guess my reaction is more along the likes of a "shrug of the shoulders" and "it happens". People are mean, people deflect, people make bad decisions and behave badly afterwards.  That's why I LOOOVVEEEDDDD Kates reaction cause come on. In all honesty her reaction was about as much "scandal" as Rocky hooking up with Eddie deserved. Seriously.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

And as a woman who's encountered the Ben's of the world Ben is not as dangerous as a horny kitten. Engaging in cheating on his significant other as well as participating as the other guy for Kat to cheat on hers leads me to believe that Ben takes no prisoners and isn't remorseful about it.

I always had the impression that Ben's SO was aware of his cheating.  Not because it was said, but because Ben was so cavalier about it.  

Ben was as dangerous as a horny kitten after doing Kat.  I can't imagine Ben denying an affair, or worse, telling everyone the woman is a liar in order to save his ass. 

Eddie is a liar and a cheat and tried to further destroy a reputation (Yeah, yeah, I know it was only Rocky.)  As far as I know Ben is only a cheat.   Eddie wins in the dangerous, dirtbag department imo.

FWIW, I think Eddie is only remorseful because he got busted.  Not because he's a man of great character who feels bad that he cheated on his girlfriend and then made the woman he cheated with feel like shit. 

• Love 4

I always had the impression that Ben's SO was aware of his cheating.  Not because it was said, but because Ben was so cavalier about it.  

Ben was as dangerous as a horny kitten after doing Kat.  I can't imagine Ben denying an affair, or worse, telling everyone the woman is a liar in order to save his ass. 

Eddie is a liar and a cheat and tried to further destroy a reputation (Yeah, yeah, I know it was only Rocky.)  As far as I know Ben is only a cheat.   Eddie wins in the dangerous, dirtbag department imo.

FWIW, I think Eddie is only remorseful because he got busted.  Not because he's a man of great character who feels bad that he cheated on his girlfriend and then made the woman he cheated with feel like shit. 

But her bad intentions fly under the radar somehow. Not saying Eddie is innocent but Rocky wasn't some poor defenseless flower that was taken advantage of. He went off like a trapped rat cause she decided to blindside him by outting the whole affair to the rest of the crew out of spite and the need to get back at him. Eddie's behavior didn't happen in some vaccuum. Denying a hook up is not worse than cheating and Eddie's reaction seemed very much knee jerk, survival mode. I understood where it was coming from and he had some reason to take the approach he did. Not good reasons but understandable, one being that he was completely unprepared for the spiteful act. Most people don't react well to ambushes and tend to respond unfavorable to the creator of chaos. Say bad things, being mean, I'm not surprised. Being jolted like that produces results.  Not excusing it but Rocky reaped the consequences of taking it to a petty level by gladly airing their dirty laundry for public debate and scrutiny (and I mean airing by sharing on the boat so that she could have an audience in the cast/crew and so that Eddie would have people to answer to about their sordid affair) Obviously it would have been filmed and aired but by her doing it right then and there she stuck it to him for reaction sake and guess what Eddie reacted. Big whoop. The only reason Rocky couldn't keep the peace after they did the mature thing on the beach was cause he off handedly referred to it as a mistake which I don't think he was trying to be a dick when he said it but oh no poor Rocky got her feelings hurt again. Ridiculous actually.  Nobody gets a pass here.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

But her bad intentions fly under the radar somehow. 

Not at all.  I could go on and on about Rocky, too, but like Kim Richards, there's not much to add that people haven't said already. The board is filled with anti-Rocky posts - just wanted to examine the other side of the coin.  I'm not really defending her but I can't stand seeing some cast members' bad behavior get ignored because there's one of 'em that appears to be worse.  Rocky is being skewered all over the internet.  Eddie not so much.  Hardly at all.  Just doing my civic duty. LOL

Nobody gets a pass here.

True that.

• Love 5

Oh, and what did the Captain say was the tip total by the end of the season?  $150K or was it more? 

I'd take 6 weeks of hard work in beautiful settings for a $15K+ tip on top of my pay.

Almost sounds too good to be true.  

That's why people come back year after year and never quit in the middle of a charter.  Can't make that doing laundry in the States.

Why is Captain Lee sitting next to Jax?

I wonder if Leon will make an appearance at the reunion.  Would probably take some of the gang up off Rocky, which is sure to happen.   And yes, I know that's not Jax; he was that jerk who was there for about 2 episodes, yet he showed up to face questions/criticism.  

Not at all.  I could go on and on about Rocky, too, but like Kim Richards, there's not much to add that people haven't said already. The board is filled with anti-Rocky posts - just wanted to examine the other side of the coin.  I'm not really defending her but I can't stand seeing some cast members' bad behavior get ignored because there's one of 'em that appears to be worse.  Rocky is being skewered all over the internet.  Eddie not so much.  Hardly at all.  Just doing my civic duty. LOL

True that.

Yeah I'd be all about that to if Rocky wasn't so sloppy and gleeful about it all. I'm usually all about the underdog. I mean I get it, 2 to tango and all that but cause and effect. Plus, I don't think the punishment fits the crime and I'm guessing a lot of people feel the same because you're right Eddie isn't getting crucified like Rocky is nor should he. The reason why Rocky is getting more is because she's guilty of more. Not in the situation with Eddie but that for most of the season Rocky behaved badly in situations outside of her hook up with Eddie so I'm thinking it seems like a lot of Rocky bashing because she's getting it from all sides. Whereas Eddie, besides being distracted and sounding like he was being more of a pain in the ass boss outside of his hook up with Rocky there really wasn't anything else that deserved much criticism. Rocky is getting criticized for her handling of the Eddie situation, the way she behaved, her meltdowns her eyeball rolling staring of the ceiling, her this her that and the other and well its gonna pile on.

The sympathy wanes because one can't feel the same amount of outrage for lets say if it was Amy Eddie treated this way. Now THAT would be a whole different ball game. I guess for me its how contrived the outrage was for Rocky. Everything with Rocky is contrived and I think it is very important to keep it in perspective when IMO Eddie only acted out on impulse when he did what he did. Wrong on many levels but Authentic panic not some dormant asshole gene that was triggered in the laundry room whereas, on Rocky's side, a BIG part of that whole reveal and her dismay was hugely contrived to purposely do damage and garner attention. I don't think work place hook ups deserves that sorta vitriol.

I don't believe for one second that Rocky was confused about what they were doing. She couldn't handle the abrupt way he decided he's had his last ride but that's usually how its done. It just stops and then the cold shoulder. Fucked up? Yeah, but them's is the breaks in Booty call land. Throwing a full out tantrum just isn't justified to me let alone trying to out it in the most fuck up way possible cause ya butt hurt even though you went into it knowing your weren't gonna be the new Mrs.Bosun. Eddie recovered pretty quickly and I was glad about that and I don't think he was only remorseful cause he got called out and even if he would have rathered slinkered away with no one being the wiser he still offered up that apology to Rocky and it did seem pretty sincere. Granted he was obviously miserable about even being in the position of having to give but ya know he ain't a saint.

Needless to say, I think Rocky overplayed her hand and I guess ,to me anyway, Rocky went completely overboard with it all IMO. Lol!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

I watched some older episodes today that I'd missed.  Rocky was downright gleeful when she told Emile all about their hookups.  She was asking Emile what to do or how to handle Eddie's cold shoulder/bad attitude towards her.  She asked Emile a couple of times if he wanted some skin (as in high five or fist bump?).  Emile was like uhh no.  So she goes from oh this is funny, ha ha, to it's the worst thing ever, sulking in her room.  What mascara does she wear?  It looked like water paint.  

I cannot believe that she was allowed to boo hoo for however long while everyone worked.  On a regular job (on a boat) she'd never be allowed to do that, correct?  As she was wrapped up in her bunk of woe, I was like is this a ripoff of Season 2 Jersey Shore where Sammi spent a good amount of time in her bed of woe?   

Then she's asked to help Ben, as he was unable to work with only one hand, and acted like a spoiled brat.  She wanted to be THE CHEF, did not want to take direction or orders from ANYONE.  Mother Theresa could've been resurrected and made Chief Stew and this nitwit would've rolled her eyes at her directions.

Eddie was an idiot who thought he could get a booty call or calls on the sly.  Problem is he did it with an unstable person.  Then he compounds it by being a total douchebag.  The thing is - if I think if he had any idea Rocky thought it was anything more than a booty call, that she was thinking it was true love or whatever, I doubt he'd have gone ahead, no matter how horny he was.  Let's be real, when it's a booty call, men are not acting like prince charming (more like rat bastards after the fact).  Rocky totally acted like she was a free spirit and fine with just a random hookup or two.  I think that was an act on her part and she really wants that "real thing".     Eddie also banked on the fact that just about everyone was tired of Rocky and her entitled, lazy, and childlike attitude, so they're all believe him and not her.  Problem is everything (or just about) was filmed, and he was a fool to send any text messages to her.  Dumbass, don't leave an audit trail.  He's not much of a player - just a douchebag.    He blew it too, by bad mouthing Rocky.  He needed to keep it cordial and maybe talk to Rocky first - you know act like an adult.   We had two children playing with fire and both got burned.    As far as Eddie's girlfriend, if she wants to stay with him, that's her business (plus it was said she cheated, so she can't really say much about him cheating).  Not real an Eddie fan before this as I thought he acted kind of phony; maybe we saw the veneer off this season.

• Love 3

I don't buy for a single second that Rocky truly had feelings for Eddie.  It was simply yet another way in which she tried to insert herself into the victim role.  Poor girl, she was expected to DO HER JOB!  Not only that, but her "BEST FRIEND!", Leon, left and she didn't know how to go on without him.  He was the wind beneath her wings, dontcha know?!!  

Eddie was an absolute asshole.  So was Rocky.  She wasn't too sweet to Emile earlier in the season, either, if memory serves.  Silly Emile felt the urge to fight for her non-existent honor.  Cute.  Sad.  Ironic.  He was absolutely right, though - Eddie was one hell of a coward.  Back to Rocky, the star of the show, though - she made quite the bitchy comment to Amy regarding hooking up with Eddie, too.  That girl is in 3rd grade, if I'm being generous.   So glad she's gone.  Please, tell me she's gone.  

Kate's a bitch, but she's grown on me - in large part because I felt like she actually did give Rocky a chance and went further to help her out than I could have seen her doing for anyone during the last couple of seasons.  That turned out to be a total waste of her time and patience.   I like Ben and his goofy, mischievous laugh - the more he thinks he shouldn't laugh at something, the harder he laughs.  Gotta love it. He's a little kid at heart, but he gets shit done.  Captain Lee is great and I wish they'd play the Captain Lee theme song during every episode.  That was awesome.  I think Amy's a doll and doesn't have a mean or selfish bone in her body. She was genuine, not a kiss-ass, and won the respect of Always Bitchy Face.  I believe that surprised them both.

I loved Connie.  Great sense of humor, not a whiner, held her own with the guys and even outdid them at times.  When she went off about Rocky, it was what I interpreted as a massive amount of bottled up frustration that could no longer be contained and I got the feeling that it was the one and only time she did blow off steam.  She didn't do it TO Rocky or to where she could hear her, which would have been mean, but she voiced her feelings without making the object of those frustrations feel like crap.  God bless her for that, because if I would have had to hear one more word about Rocky and her victim badge, I would have lost it.  

Dane was a disaster, Leon was a lazy loser and Dan was a dork.  

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 8

Two things I've noted about Rocky when watching the recent marathons, and god help me, I love this show so much I watch these episodes over and over. 

When Leon has left and Rocky is stomping around in anger, she remarks "Now I have no one!" yet in the finale, just a couple of episodes later, Emile is her bestest friend ever, because it's convenient for her to use him to boost her self esteem and gain attention by revealing "Eddie and I had a thing going on this whole time!"

After Rocky's exodus dive in support of Leon (not that he gave a single shit about it), when she returns to the Eros, we see her go down the stairs to her quarters saying that she "had to come back for her money and her passport". When she gets to the bottom of the stairs, Connie is standing there talking to Eddie. Rocky puts her hand on Connie's shoulder as she squeezes by. I have watched and even re-wound this a few times because it is so rude the way Rocky just brushes past Connie, and maybe even pushes her a little with her hand (I still can't tell for sure), without even saying "Excuse me" or anything, much less apologizing to her crewmates for her departure and 7 hours of AWOL. I tend to think that little push (and no apology) may have been a final straw for Connie.

Watching about 5 episodes back-to-back is enough Rocky for one lifetime. She thought she was going to be the STAH of the show and everyone would luuuv her. Instead came off looking like an immature, self-centered, attention-seeking idiot. That final exit, with her clothes dripping wet(!), looked ridiculous.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7

The sympathy wanes because one can't feel the same amount of outrage for lets say if it was Amy Eddie treated this way. Now THAT would be a whole different ball game.

I feel precisely the same amount of outrage on behalf of Rocky as I would for Amy, or any other woman on the receiving end of the Eddie treatment.

It's irrelevant if Rocky spent the whole charter season in a tinfoil hat or was the most worthless little third stew to ever sail the seven seas.  The only things Rocky did that are pertinent to her situation with Eddie are 1.she had sex with him and 2.she told people about it.

Eddie, on the other hand, had sex with her, denied it, called her a liar, tried to convince their mutual colleagues that Rocky was unbalanced or spiteful or dramatic or "who knows WHY she's doing this to me?"  Then he admits "we fucked"--just so people are clear it was meaningless--and then he remarks several times that he's ashamed.  Not ashamed for making people doubt Rocky's truthfulness, but ashamed for getting involved with her.  Finally he puts all the blame squarely on her because he can't be held accountable for his own actions if a woman's going to act like a slut.

Now how could that ever be an acceptable "ballgame" for any woman?

• Love 12

The sympathy wanes because one can't feel the same amount of outrage for lets say if it was Amy Eddie treated this way. Now THAT would be a whole different ball game.

One can!  I do!  I just can't get behind a man treating any woman that way.  And vice versa.

She couldn't handle the abrupt way he decided he's had his last ride but that's usually how its done. It just stops and then the cold shoulder. Fucked up? Yeah, but them's is the breaks in Booty call land.

Disagree. I had a booty call or two in my day and they never ended with a cold shoulder. But I was very selective in whom I sexed up. Rocky chose a winner and so did he.  He was abrupt and dismissive and ignored her when he'd "decided he'd had his last ride".  So it was especially ironic that in her cabin he asked her, "Why can't we just talk?"  And I LOL'd.  Too late, EdWAD.  Had you talked to her after you had your last ride, she might not have told anyone.  We'll never know, but we do know for sure that you can be a total tool.

I feel precisely the same amount of outrage on behalf of Rocky as I would for Amy, or any other woman on the receiving end of the Eddie treatment.

It's irrelevant if Rocky spent the whole charter season in a tinfoil hat or was the most worthless little third stew to ever sail the seven seas.  The only things Rocky did that are pertinent to her situation with Eddie are 1.she had sex with him and 2.she told people about it.

Eddie, on the other hand, had sex with her, denied it, called her a liar, tried to convince their mutual colleagues that Rocky was unbalanced or spiteful or dramatic or "who knows WHY she's doing this to me?"  Then he admits "we fucked"--just so people are clear it was meaningless--and then he remarks several times that he's ashamed.  Not ashamed for making people doubt Rocky's truthfulness, but ashamed for getting involved with her.  Finally he puts all the blame squarely on her because he can't be held accountable for his own actions if a woman's going to act like a slut.

Now how could that ever be an acceptable "ballgame" for any woman?

Candall, you summed up perfectly what I've been trying to say all damn day. LOL. On behalf of the women in my life, thanks.  On behalf of the women who have dealt with dirtbags like Eddie, my sympathies. 

• Love 7

I feel for anyone who has been hurt.  I believe that the atrocious way in which Eddie handled the outing of the extracurricular activities between him and Rocky was inexcusable and to say that he was a massive douchebag would be a compliment.  

However, any woman who knowingly hooks up with a man who has a girlfriend (if that was, in fact, the case at the time - and it appears to have been) runs the risk of the universe tossing a little bit of justice onto her ass.  I'd feel the same way if it were one of the other girls who decided to have a little fun with Mr. Wonderful. It's unrealistic to behave like an asshole and then expect to be treated like a sweetheart.   

• Love 4

I agree that what Eddie did to Rocky is worse than what she did to him. From what we were shown, it looks like he told everyone his girlfriend cheated on him and they broke up. To me that implies that there is no chance of a serious relationship but I don't think it's Rocky's responsibility to pause mid-fuck and double check that Eddie broke up with his girlfriend. Then Eddie joins in on all the teasing and suddenly he's president of the Rocky-haters club. And when she childishly spills the beans on their relationship, he plays the denial game, totally gaslighting her. It's cruel and if that had happened to anyone other than Rocky, we would all be throwing her a pity party.

The problem is that Rocky spent all season treating everyone on board like she's the pretty pretty princess and how dare anyone ask her to lift a finger and do her fucking job. Diving off the boat mid charter was the cherry on top of the nutty butter sundae, even without that I thought she was a selfish entitled little brat. But her behavior after that dive was atrocious. Acting or not, she practically pushed Connie into a door, barreling down the stairs when she got back.

Rocky, whether she's a famewhore or just an asshole, is a really difficult person to feel sorry for even though Eddie pulled a dick move regarding their secret hookups.

Edited by rho
  • Love 5

I agree that what Eddie did to Rocky is worse than what she did to him. From what we were shown, it looks like he told everyone his girlfriend cheated on him and they broke up. To me that implies that there is no chance of a serious relationship but I don't think it's Rocky's responsibility to pause mid-fuck and double check that Eddie broke  up with his girlfriend. 

I totally agree that it's not her responsibility, and he is the one who made the commitment to another woman, but it is shitty to be party to such an act if he and his GF hadn't broken up.  

As far as giving the cold shoulder when he decided the ride was over, there was a scene where Eddie received a suggestive text from Rocky (something like: "laundry is piling up, want to meet me?"). We see him read it, text her a "naw, I'm tired" type of answer and then toss his phone aside with a look of "ugh, whatever" boredom.

I felt sympathy for Rocky in that moment because I saw that, yup, he's done and now he's rejecting her, but she thinks the game is still on and further attempts to entice him are only going to embarrass and upset her as she realizes he has no more interest.

I think this happened even before she made her dive from the boat and turned Eddie off her forever.

• Love 3

Still unclear how Bravo obtained the text messages that were exchanged between Rocky and Eddie.  

Presenting the texts in the bubble format on screen is difficult to understand unless Bravo has access to all Skype, text and voice communications from the crew.  Bravo would probably need email access too.  Rocky's phone calls home were on TV, but it seems those were done in front of a 'hand held' camera, indicating a camera crew was there.

Was Eddy's GF ever shown when they were Skyping?  Amy's brother Kelley was shown when Skyping.

I'm pretty sure Rocky saved the text messages and then showed them to the film crew. When she tells Emile all about her trysts with Eddie she mentions, "I have evidence, on my phone!" The question is when she gave them to the film crew so they could film and edit them in for each related episode. The texts we see on screen likely are re-creations, not actual screen grabs.

Another thing I noticed that leads me to think the scene was more of a setup than usual was when Eddie and Dave were talking in Eddie's room and Rocky was listening from the hallway/stairs as Eddied described how she dove from the boat, etc. From the angles, it seemed like there was no way that Eddie and Dave could not have seen the camera guy outside the door. Maybe they just didn't know Rocky was off to the side listening, but the way the camera kept cutting from her to Eddie it would seem like he'd have figured it out, unless they squeezed two camera people into that small space, one to focus on each person.

• Love 4