Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Loose Lips Sink Ships

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Rocky has absolutely no self awareness. For two seasons, we've seen Kate be snooty, bitchy, but professional and competent. This season, we've seen Rocky be erratic, immature, unhinged, unprofessional, and incompetent. When she starts to accuse Kate of being drunk and unprofessional, I want to be like bitch really?!?! Who was the one who broke down in tears. Every. Single. Time. She. Got. Constructive. Criticism. Who was the one who striped off her clothes and dove off the boat when her asshole friend got fired? Who was the one who caused a 7 hour delay to her crew mates when she abandoned ship and couldn't even apologize? Kate could've been Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas drunk every time the camera was off and I'd still believe that she wasn't drinking because we've only ever seen Rocky to be an immature, disruptive, petulant, unprofessional asshole.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 17

I just never understood why Rocky was chasing Emile and flirting with him sexually for the first couple of episodes then when they went out to dinner it all changed.

Oh, I can. I had total hot pants for someone. First date he got drunk and thought he had moves like Jagger on the dance floor - IF Jagger was having seizures and grabbing my ass. This guy was a nice enough and a plus10 in the looks department. He was fine. But what a jackass when he drank. Nope. I don't do drunks. Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was deleted
  • Love 7

Rocky may be more stereotypically "pretty" than Connie but factor in her personality and she's downright unattractive. Conversely, Connie is more plain (but IMO still attractive) but no drama and does her job, so she gets points in my book.

Add me to the chorus disappointed in Eddie. I've loved him the past seasons, so while he was definitely being a douche I just have to assume that they had some sort of agreement to keep it quiet that Rocky changed her mind about. This doesn't excuse his behavior but it at least helps it make some sense.

Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was deleted
  • Love 7

I have to say, that I'm perplexed by Eddie's complete cowardly denial to fucking Rocky and then (after finally admitting to it) to have the absolute nerve to say to Rocky, 'You knew I had a girlfriend." The complete asswipe was putting the entire onus of his relationship on Rocky. (Im sorry you fucking turd; but if I cheat....it's completely MY fault and not the person that I banged, whose not in a relationship). He led her on and she was guilty of falling for him. Who hasn't been guilty of falling for some dick?? I sure have! He accused her of seducing him as if his penis had no say. What a poor Victim Eddie and his dick were!! To make matters worse he had the disgusting audacity to bad mouth her to everyone (while she'd done nothing to him to deserve the nasty gossip, except show loyalty to the original chef). I became even more incensed when he had the crew convinced that "crazy" Rocky was making the entire scenario up. That would be enough to drive me crazy!! OMG AND THEN HE FUCKING BROKE INTO HER ROOM....HER PRIVATE SPACE! WTF was that? and the crew, except sweet Emil just watched!!! I admire Emil for sticking by her side and seeing Eddie for the lying scum that he is. My final thought is that that unattractive, sorta bitter deck hand girl (forget her name) had no story whatsoever...oh, except of course speaking viciously of Rocky (maybe to be cool, maybe to bond with the other haters)..... Other than that, ugly girl, why were you there? (Oh, right to spread whipped cream on your naked breasts).

Connie had to bring some type of craziness to the mix like licking up milk from a bowl dressed in a cat suit with a tail made from hair extensions left by a guest. She liked to go naked and didn't mind baring it all. But Connie had sensibility and logic where a lot of the others were lacking. She was a hard worker, she communicated well with those she worked with, she was self-motivated and didn't need to be constantly directed to do her jobs, and most important she was a team player. Oh wait, I just described the perfect employee, but not the perfect reality show pot-stirrer. We'd rather watch a pretty blonde bitchy spoiled brat who stares at the ceiling when giving POV, who craves attention and sounds like a dolphin when she laughs. That's what makes for a good reality show, not someone like Connie who is actually more reality than the other freaks. Edited by OnceSane
removed bold
  • Love 13

I really thought Connie's reaction to Donnie quitting was priceless, and established her value. She was not the most entertaining, as HumblePi said, but somebody has to play the role of worker bee. Everybody can't be like Rocky, that show would suck.

• Love 5

I don't get the Eddie love, never did.  I hated what Eddie said to her, put all the blame on the woman, she's the temptress, she seduced him.  I really detest Eddie and I hope they don't bring him back.

BTW, who was Connie anyway?  I can't remember her being on the show?  Was she the one who'd lost all her teeth?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

Is it a surprise to anyone that Rocky's last act on that boat was diving into the water in a completely white outfit, climbing on board to get her stuff and running away?  That is not attention seeking behavior at all, or...

• Love 10

Emile is the bunny boiler.....following Rocky to California. WTH is he doing.

The turning point for me with Eddie and he  really lost me when he barged in to Rocky's room accusing her of lying and relentlessly asking her why why why are you lying, only to find out she was telling the truth and Eddie was the one lying. Or was he more pissed that she said they were hooking up during the entire charter season but it was actually only one time? Whatever. One time or 10 times, he's still a douche.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6

God help me, I love this show. (Was that out loud?) Can't wait for the reunion, can't wait for Below Deck II: Mediterranean Boogaloo, etc. etc. etc.

Kate's "Oh, is that all? Meh. So, we going out or what?" reaction to Rocky's 47th confession that she and Eddie "had a thing this whole time" was one of the most amusing things I've seen on tee vee in a long, long time. And then she followed it up by totally shutting Rocky right the fuck down before what I'm sure Rocky thought would be some grand farewell speechifying, and I laughed my ass off once again. Then Ben tells her she deserves a great guy and Kate is all "I know." Kate is the fucking best.

Don't let the porthole hit you in your pretty cheeks, Rocky. Here's hoping the reunion is the last time you ever show up on my tee vee screen. Emile can go right ahead and GTFO as well. Both of them were just exhausting to watch by the end. And both had that Sam-esque constant smirk on their faces (which to me, in all three cases, always struck me as less of a smirk and more that self-conscious reflexive thing some people have when they know they're on camera and are 'performing', and they're trying and failing to 'remain in character' rather than breaking into laughter.)

Rocky's sulking in the galley just nailed it home for me that she was cast to be Kat 2, and she nailed it. Drunk, horny, batshit insane, and never EVER lacking for something to complain about, even when she got exactly what she had been wanting (Rocky with being in the galley, Kat with switching rooms from Adrienne to Ben in season 1.) Ben needling her for sport was amusing.

What... the fuck... is up with Captain Lee's off-duty sartorial stylings??? Dude, for crying out loud, just stick to the captain's uniform.

Good for Connie. Kudos to everyone (which was pretty much everyone, right?) who called the fakeout and that Connie was going to get a well-deserved reward of some sort when Lee called her to the wheelhouse. I was thinking she might get a full-blown promotion a la Eddie at the end of season 1. Still, I think there's a real good chance that by the time we see her in the season 4 premier, she might very well be the new Bosun. It might have been a bit petty, but I did get a chuckle out of her twisting the knife a little bit by sarcastically offering to hire Emile. Harsh, Connie. Harsh, and hilarious.

Dave was criminally underused (in terms of screen-time) in season 1, and he was again after he returned in season 3. It's a shame, because he's awesome.

Ben is just fantastic. The very definition of the amusing asshole with a heart of gold. In that way, he and Captain Lee are two peas in a pod. And I don't for a second believe that Ben and Kate will leave each other alone when they're inevitably back for season 4. No way in hell. They can't help it. They're like cheesecake... just can't have it every day is all.

Sue me, but I still like Eddie, and I hope he's back. He's right, it was a terrible season for him. And a lot of it was his own doing. I don't excuse it, I don't condone it, but I "forgive him." (Not that he needs my forgiveness.) And I've got a hunch that nobody on that boat outside of Rocky and Emile held it against him for more than a couple hours max. He fucked up royally, sure, but in my opinion the guy had built up such a karma surplus before all this, that it's all good. He was an ass, and I think he eventually became as aware of it as anybody. And maybe I'm a sucker, but I doubt he'll be inclined to repeat the mistake(s), let alone the whole thing being a case of "true colors" or anything like that. I'm betting everybody but Rocky & Emile loves him again by the reunion.

My guess is that everybody's back for season 4 except Rocky, Emile, and maybe Eddie (by his own choice.) I think Ben & Dave enjoyed the hell out of being back and will find the time to do it again for a full season. But here's the thing about that... with Lee in the wheelhouse, Connie and Dave on deck, Ben in the galley, and Kate & Amy kicking ass inside, they're sooooooo close to having an incredibly competent, functional, kickass crew from top to bottom, that you just know that the 2 or 3 n00bs next season are gonna be doozies! Can't wait!

• Love 14

BTW, who was Connie anyway?  I can't remember her being on the show?  Was she the one who'd lost all her teeth?

No, Connie was only absent two physical teeth, but she fixed that. The only thing without teeth on the boat were the promises and agreements Rocky made.

Edited by Giselle
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Let's all have a moment of silence for poor Eddie who was bamboozled into hooking up with Rocky multiple times and then subjected to the cruelty of telling his girlfriend the truth.

You mean that saint of a girlfriend that keeps the home fires burning while Eddie is sailing the seven seas?  Never thinking of cheating on her man?  THAT girlfriend?

Those two, loyal, crazy-in-love kids.  I wish them many years of happiness together.

• Love 9

Not too much more to add but I actually think Eddie has to go.  His behavior was extremely misogynistic and even sociopathic with the gaslighting.  He basically embodied all the noxious ideas about women and how they should behave this season.  I don't like Rocky as a person but Eddie's behavior was actually much more troubling.  

• Love 11

As vile as it was for Eddie to pretend nothing happened and call Rocky a liar, it was kind of funny to watch and see all his crewmates believe it.  I kind of believed it and was starting to question if I'd misremembered him admitting it in talking heads.  Rocky is such a weirdo going on about how awesome it was and all the details loudly for the whole crew.  I think she was trying to be the cool girl again (look at me, bragging about sex, just like a guy!) but she's really tone deaf and can't read a room at all.  If she got better at not being so self-focused, her attention grabbing might be more effective because she could modify her techniques to fit her audience.  

I think Kate just being all "NBD, let's go to dinner." was my favorite part of the whole season, followed closely by Ben actually schooling Rocky on what working in a kitchen is actually like -- turns out it isn't all grenadine and oysters and you have to start at the bottom and work your way up.

• Love 14

Hmmm.... Amy stirred the pot but good this episode.  And then it seemed like she sat around and enjoyed some popcorn while watching the fallout.  Not sure I buy the whole "I should tell Eddie before Emile does."  Why?  Just stay out of it.  Oh, unless you're on reality TV and you need to manufacture some drama, I guess.

My second watch confirmed that it really was all on Amy for letting the cat out of the doghouse (TM Amy!) about Rocky's hookup revelations. As one poster posited above, what we saw of the hookups may have been cobbled together after the fact. For more drama, they needed a confrontation, and thus Amy needed to be all concerned and warn Eddie "before Emile got to him". But really? Why not just step back and let it play out? She also went immediately to Ben (and someone else in the galley) and told them about Rocky and Eddie. Again, she could have quietly walked away and let the main individuals involved handle it. 

That said, I still enjoyed it (and love this show!) and can't wait for next season. Kate, Ben, Amy, Dave, even Emile -- hope to see them again. Don't mind if Eddie comes back because now he's not just a Boy Scout and maybe he'll be single and ready to mingle next season. Connie added plenty, IMO -- lots of good laughs (I'll never think of bubble bath and hair extensions the same way again) as well as a real look at how yachties actually work. Leon, drunk guy, arrogant muscle guy -- I enjoyed seeing them get deservedly dumped. Ben and Kate were unexpectedly amazingly lovely and fun together. Their real, actual chemistry and bickering behavior was great TV. Overall, it was a good mix and I thought Rocky was at least an interestingly annoying mess rather than just a drunken mess like Kat too often was. 

• Love 9

My second watch confirmed that it really was all on Amy for letting the cat out of the doghouse (TM Amy!) about Rocky's hookup revelations. As one poster posited above, what we saw of the hookups may have been cobbled together after the fact. For more drama, they needed a confrontation, and thus Amy needed to be all concerned and warn Eddie "before Emile got to him". But really? Why not just step back and let it play out? She also went immediately to Ben (and someone else in the galley) and told them about Rocky and Eddie. Again, she could have quietly walked away and let the main individuals involved handle it.  

Just the other day, I stepped out of my hater box and wrote a really glowy post about Amy.  That was a FIRST for me.  I was showing my softer, vulnerable side. LOL.  So when Amy told Eddie she needed to speak to him and proceeded to stick her pert little nose into Eddie's business I was all, "Nooooooooooooooo......."

• Love 7

I love this show. I really love it and I fear it will be very hard for Bravo to top this season on account of the fact that as good as this season has been, the focus on Rocky may essentially also be the "jumping the shark" moment. I can only speculate that next season the show will attract more Rockeys' but I hope not.

I don't think Rocky is ugly at all. In fact I think she is very pretty, but in real life, her ass would've been fired before the boat even left the dock. The editing monkeys may have deprived us of the whole picture, but we did not see nearly enough evidence to justify Rocky's hate of Kate. What I did see was that Rocky wanted attention, but attention primarily from the male crew members. And I may be alone here but I can't help but think that if she was given another week on that charter she would have made a move on Ben just to irk Kate.

I think Connie is very pretty. And a lot of that has to do with the fact that I liked her personality. She didn't have a huge storyline, but she certainly had her fair share of drama. Her estranged father died and she was clearly upset that she wasn't home to comfort her brother. I found her very genuine.

Oh and that conversation between Kate and Ben showed more real feeling and love than we have ever seen between two crew members on this show. I'm an unapologetic Kate fan mainly because I think there is a very quirky side to her that hides behind that resting bitch face.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 11

Yeah, blabbing to Eddie and everyone else when it was exactly none of her business is really the only misstep I've seen Amy take this season. So what if delusional man-baby Emile confronts Eddie over his not-girlfriend's theoretical honor and things get physical? If he were stupid enough to punch out his boss to curry favor with a flake who treated him like used tissues (or more likely get his ass handed to him if he insisted on a fight), his ticket home would have been well earned of his own free will. Amy filled any obligation to peacemaking by telling Emile to let Rocky handle her own mess, she should have minded her own business after that.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 8

Can't wait for the reunion!!  I love this show and will miss it!!  

I couldn't believe that Rocky gave her little speech, thanking Kate and Amy for teaching her how to be a good stew, and all the other bullshit.  My opinion of Rocky is that she used this entire show and all its episodes as one looong screen test/audition tape.  Especially now that I saw here that she has been on other shows (more like game/competition shows, though - not really reality TV).  She is longing for an acting career and used all her skills during the season to show off her talents (and ass.....).  Maybe she is not quite as crazy as we think she may be.

I still think she is crazy, but I also think she is shrewd and calculating...not a good mix, imo.  I think that everything she has done on this show was for the drama and theatrics of doing it.  Could it be possible that she manipulated the whole show to revolve around her?  

I loved Kate and Amy at the end, with the wish balloon, and how they embraced.  Kate comes off so hard and unfeeling at times, it was a nice moment between them.  

Ben - oh, can I say how much I love Ben?  He is quirky and hot tempered, but I think he knows it, and as quick as he angers, he is not angry just as quickly.  He doesn't seem to hold a grudge, and just wants to like people.  At times, his laugh is like a cartoon villian, with a diabolocial, plotting kind of giggle but other times, it is infectious and makes me laugh and smile with him.

I loved his parting with Kate - he knows that he is not ready for a serious relationship, or that he really isn't her "forever" guy--it was a sweet, personal moment.

Dave - Wish he would have been there the whole season.  The obnoxious conceit of Don and the ridiculousness of Dane were not necessary.  

Connie - Good for her to be offered a job to take the boat to the Mediterranean.  She seems to love her job, and it seems like a good fit for her.

Emile - poor little Emile - he has so much growing up to do, and he needs to realize that when a girl says "no" - just accept it and move on - lots of other fish in that sea you're sailing on, buddy!!  But, I loved that he seems like he will defend someone whom he cares about, and trusts them (maybe just a tad too much??). 

And now, Eddie and Rocky - they should write a book on how NOT to have a secret romance!!  Eddie was wrong, wrong, wrong in every way that he handled this whole thing!!  First, he should have kept it in his pants (that was the first wrong).  Second, he should have realized that by treating Rocky as badly as he did, she would figure out a way to get even, and she did.  Thirdly, breaking into her room was low and just bad form.  He acted like a douche, and she acted like an immature bitch.  As she said - it takes two to tango, but imo, she was looking to tango with anyone on that ship who would be willing.  I think she knew that Eddie was vulnerable (as was Emile, due to his immaturity), and she went after that with one thing in  mind - to hook up and have sex.  When she realized he was not that into her, and that she was just a shipboard "romance", she was resentful and got even the only way she knew how - she outed the whole thinIg.  

I lay equal blame on both of them for this fiasco.  

Eddie denying it made him look sooo bad on so many levels, I'm glad that Captain Lee called him out on it.  I loved their talk by the fire - it really sounded like Captain Lee was Eddie's Dad, and giving him so great advice.

As I said, I can't wait for the reunion, and I really hope that Kate rips into Rocky when Rocky accuses her of being drunk all the time.  Wish we could see Leon, too, so that Captain Lee, Kate and Amy could let him know how much a jerk he is!!  Wait - Amy is too nice to say that, and maybe someone in Leon's "real world" will point it out to him~~not that he would listen to them, though.  

• Love 4

Forget Eddie. Emile is the biggest dick below deck.

Nearly everything that came out of his mouth in this episode was angry, bitter, insulting, or all of the above.

But he says it all with a smile so it seems no one notices the words.

And Bravo (no pun intended) to Kate, who in one sentence gave Rocky, all Rocky wanted and needed to hear about her hook-up with Eddie:

1. Good for you.

2. This happens on boats.

3. I don't care.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 9

Rocky's rambling about what she has been doing is like a book compared to everyone else's. Apparently she has been in touch with everyone except Kate, but no one else really mentions Rocky in their blurbs about what they are doing and who they kept in touch with.

I would welcome Captain Lee, Kate, Amy, Dave, Ben, Connie, and even Eddie back. I hope they do not change the cast too much if they get another season. I do not think I can take another season with Rocky though.

• Love 6

Let's face it and be honest that if the cast of Below Deck were nothing but carbon copies of Connie working her butt off and Amy smiling ear to ear with her hair closer to God and a few men that are replications of Dave and first officer Dan (who dat?) then we really wouldn't be spoon-fed fodder for the forum, would we? Captain Lee is nothing more than a potted plant in the wheelhouse.

Most normal people just aren't that interesting. It takes a village to raise our interests in any reality show. Rocky, Emile, Eddie, Ben and Kate have been the village.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5

In hindsight, I don't like that so many men with hostility triggers were included in this season: Leon, Eddie, Dane and Emile. I hope Bravo reverses this trend; it's not pleasurable to watch.

Normally when someone executes a flawless dive, I admire it, but last night I was all "ho-hum, there she goes again."

I kind of think Eddie and Rocky deserve each other. Remember the scene in Romy and Michelle when the two ancient old biddies are still bickering at each other? I envision this for Eddie and Rocky and anyone unfortunate enough to be caught up in their "love triangle."

This is a crowed that loves dysfunctional drama, and they're especially big on trying to have the last word. There was a moment when I thought Rocky and Eddie had resolved it, as they stood off to the side talking, but then Rocky's Dysfunctional Drama Radar honed in on something Eddie said and she just couldn't resist: "What did you mean by...." And they were off and running again.

• Love 1

So true.

On another note. Re-watching the episode I smirked at the four "industry girls" once again talking about Eddie and Emile in front of the two "players" in their party. It seemed the "players" were escorting them and were tolerated because they paid the bill.

• Love 5

The reunion sneak peek photos on Bravo show muscle man Dan. No mention of Dane or Leon. Dane is probably drunk somewhere and Leon doesn't have the balls to show up. Leon can dish it but he can't take it. They won't be missed.

• Love 9

...It was cool and fun when she was lathering her naked body with food...peanut butter?  ...

I quote this part of your post, but it could have been someone's else's ^_^

Even if it seems odd to most of you, I think that most of you forget is that she was a surf pro-rider, a very masculine environment; and yachting is the same kind of environment too. And that playing like she did is also a way to "de-sexualize" her... 

How can I explain it better... Ok, it's like guys comparing their d...s... So, as strange as it could appear, it's not "sexualized" in any way. And it's a very good way for a woman to be part of all of this, and being considered as a "member" of it. And it's good for the "team spirit"

... And that's probably why she was hired by Cpt Lee : she's a -very- good worker, a good team player and she has the right personnality to fit as a woman in that position.

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 5

Let's face it and be honest that if the cast of Below Deck were nothing but carbon copies of Connie working her butt off and Amy smiling ear to ear with her hair closer to God and a few men that are replications of Dave and first officer Dan (who dat?) then we really wouldn't be spoon-fed fodder for the forum, would we? Captain Lee is nothing more than a potted plant in the wheelhouse.

Most normal people just aren't that interesting. It takes a village to raise our interests in any reality show. Rocky, Emile, Eddie, Ben and Kate have been the village.

I realize that you're totally right and many people tune in for the drama, hoping to see a table flipped. I really would enjoy a show with no Rocky or Leon or other drama creators because then I could focus on the wild and crazy guests (a different set every episode or so makes for great variety) and how the staff handles them (not to mention the boat itself and gorgeous scenery). I think enough drama would naturally occur between the below deckers to make it fun. Rocky was not the reason I loved this season. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6

I REALLY don't think Connie is unattractive in a physical sense (except, again found her eyes soulless pools). Man, everyone has been brutal about Rocky. Connie is overall popular and Rocky...well, not so much. Though Rocky was a huge drama queen, I do believe that she was used and abused by Eddie. Its disgusting that he BROKE INTO HER ROOM and no one...no one... cared or said a word!!! Because she didn't want to answer her door? Because he wanted to confront her for "lying" and "making up" their sexual encounters??? disgusting!!! That was downright villainous, obscene and repulsive!!! How did he get away with that??? And being disliked by the others added to the stress. Maybe she did draw attention with her drama? Isn't that what made this Season interesting? Im personally completely opposite from her and shy away from attention. Don't like attention, never did. Maybe I admire her outspokenness....but I didn't appreciate the "gang-up". And there should be repercussions to Eddie for finding scissors and breaking into someone's room. Not safe at all!!

I agree Connie was unsympathetic and flat out mean the way she spoke about Rocky. I hate to suggest someone is acting jealous but damn, jealous much Connie? As far as the Rocky and Eddie situation I feel she same. Eddie proved himself to be a sick game player, not just that but with a girl who was having a hard time already. Rocky's tears the last episode actually broke my heart. Didn't like the gang up one bit either. Cruel.

Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was edited
  • Love 2
Does Eddie not realize that they're on a realty show?  That there have been cameras around?

I suspect he wanted to avoid the immediate drama until he'd had a chance to come clean with his girlfriend.  Given the instagram following Rocky did of Amy-the-girlfriend, he knew the cat was out of the bag as far as his relationship was concerned.

I don't condone cheating, and it's always disappointing when you hear that somebody you like sunk to that level.  But given some of the emotional discussions we heard between Eddie and his girlfriend, it's entirely possible that they had a drunken fight on the phone, he considered himself broken up, decided to take Rocky up on her offer, and then later made up with the girlfriend, viewed Rocky's behavior in a sober light, knew he had screwed up and backed off as fast as he could.  Should he then have gone to her and said "I'm really sorry, but I made up with my girlfriend and I have to stop this"?  Sure.  On the other hand, the cold shoulder may have seemed like a safer choice than confrontation.

I like the way Captain Lee put it -- you screwed up and don't dismiss it like it's anything other than shameful, but at the same time, move on.  

I would love if the actual timeline was clarified on the reunion.  Rocky's "this whole time" needs to be verified.  It's entirely possible she's right and it started much earlier in the charter season than it appeared based on where they plugged it into the episodes, but then how long did the Emile storyline play out in real life?  Because I don't think Eddie would have hit that with Emile in the running.  That REALLY would have been a bad move both professionally and personally.

If they banged three times over 6 days, but there was a 2 month season... that's some context.

• Love 7

I haven't had the strong reaction that many others had to Eddie's behavior towards Rocky, but breaking into her cabin when she didn't want to speak to him was a whole world of OH HELL NO! Really, Dane stealing booze and scaring all the women into avoiding him is the only bad behavior this season that can compare to that—something that's actually criminal instead of just irresponsible or annoying.

The reunion sneak peek photos on Bravo show muscle man Dan. No mention of Dane or Leon. Dane is probably drunk somewhere and Leon doesn't have the balls to show up. Leon can dish it but he can't take it. They won't be missed.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Dane got himself stabbed during a drunken rampage somewhere since he was booted. If he goes looking for fights every time he gets liquored up enough (which didn't seem at all a rare occurence), eventually he's going to find one that's more than he can handle.

My hope for Dan is that his idiotic posturing has deep-sixed his yachting career, and Dave can put him in touch with former professional contacts who can offer work suited to his appearance and vanity. Bonus, it'd give him something to do with his mouth besides brag or argue!

• Love 1

Eddie really lost it. First of all, if you're gonna hook up, hook up with Amy. She's discreet and she has the same name as his GF at home. Of course, I think Amy is the most attractive of the bunch.

Eddie had no interest in hooking up with a "respectable" (his view, I'm guessing) girl, like Amy. He wanted a simple party girl for a no-strings attached fuck or blow job.  He thought he was getting that with Rocky but he was wrong.

• Love 6

I really enjoy Kate's sense of humor (and I'll bet Ben does too) and so wanted to recall a couple of her good lines this episode:

When Eddie was yawning: "There's no yawning in yachting!"

After the final charter guests left and she could at last relax: "'Eros' spelled backwards is 'sore'."

I also loved one no one seemed to mention way back several episodes ago. Rocky was being troublesome and she and Kate were in one of the staterooms. Kate was trying to get her to chill out and calm down because Rocky was stressing over the situation (she had mostly created) with Emile. Kate actually said something like, "Maybe you could have sex with Leon, Eddie?" I'm not certain she said Eddie, but what struck me as hilarious was how she slid together the names of the two men she mentioned, the first being Leon. It was as if Kate immediately shifted course in the middle of her advice to just go screw one of the other guys on the boat for ferchrissakes get her job done and leave Kate alone. 

• Love 3

Awww, c'mon, Giselle - wouldn't you love to see some type of "cook-off" between Leon and Ben at the reunion (no beef cheeks allowed)????  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4

Ugh. Rocky. Please don't bring her back. She's not wacky in an enjoyable, love-to-hate way, she's just flipping annoying. I couldn't believe her shitty attitude while helping Ben...oh wait, I can believe it. She was required to actually work vs just flirting with the chef. How dare Ben expect her to do a job. You know, the one she's paid to do. And that jerky comment to Amy about how she bets Amy wishes it were her who hooked up with Eddie... Good lord. No more Rocky. I'm willing to be ok if Emile, her toadie, comes back - but only without Rocky.

Wait. That scene where Eddie admits the deed in front of everyone, including the Captain...Rocky suddenly becomes giggly and proclaims how awesome it was, including offering a BJ, in front of EVERYONE... She needs meds. Stat.

• Applause 1
  • Love 12

I hope Eddie and Rocky watched the interactions between Ben and Kate and took notes. Ben and Kate both took responsibility for their part in the relationship and when both realized that neither was what the other wanted they amicably parted ways, still remaining friends and could even bicker without biting. They were adult, rational and respectful of one another about the relationship. That wasn't the case with Rocky nor Eddie.

I would take the bet that when Ben and Kate aren't in a relationship with someone else they might yet again fall into bed together for friendly sport. Why is it that I think that there is the distinct possibility that this could happen for decades throughout their lives?

typo.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 5

In hindsight, I don't like that so many men with hostility triggers were included in this season: Leon, Eddie, Dane and Emile. I hope Bravo reverses this trend; it's not pleasurable to watch.

Quoting my own post, because I just realized there were five guys with anger issues. Dan was the fifth. Waaaay too many.

• Love 2

I really like Amy and am glad that Kate found 2 new victims.  But Amy should reflect, and remember how awful it felt to be the focus of Kate's brutally cold attitude.  Amy may regret her blind loyalty... 

OMG, so much this.  I watched 2 eps from last season and Kate was brutal to Amy. If anyone needs to be reminded how heinous Kate was, either read the earlier pages of Kate's thread here at PTV or read snips from last seasons threads. Everybody was calling for her head or for her to be fired.  Amy is clearly one of those lucky people who forgives easily and moves on. 

• Love 4

Awww, c'mon, Giselle - wouldn't you love to see some type of "cook-off" between Leon and Ben at the reunion (no beef cheeks allowed)????

You're poking me with a stick, njbchlover... right on my one remaining nerve? Bet you smiled as you wrote it! ;-D

I'll watch the reunion but I don't need Leon nor Rocky grace my TV screen again.

• Love 4

And at least Amy had her brother there to commiserate with.  

The other day someone wrote that it was weird how close Amy and her brother were.  But it was really no wonder she spent so much time with him because her 2 fellow stews shut her out and were absolute bitches. To her face and behind her back. Their behavior was ugly. Last night, Kate was talking about how Rocky was going to spoil the crew's last dinner together.  Well, last season, Kate spent their last dinner telling Amy, from across the table, that she'd never want to work with her again and that she really didn't care about Amy's feelings. I think it was brave of Amy to come back to spend another couple months, in close quarters, with the RBF. Or she's a glutton for punishment.

Can anyone tell me what Rocky said about Kate's drinking?  I missed that part.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

You're poking me with a stick, njbchlover... right on my one remaining nerve? Bet you smiled as you wrote it! ;-D

I'll watch the reunion but I don't need Leon nor Rocky grace my TV screen again.

Of course, I smiled...and giggled like Ben does, when he's being mischievious.    ;-)

I would have loved to see that, if only for your comments afterwards, LOL!!!   

I cannot wait to see the Reunion.  I think I'm more excited about this than I have been about any housewives' Reunion in a long, long time!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

The other day someone wrote that it was weird how close Amy and her brother were.  But it was really no wonder she spent so much time with him because her 2 fellow stews shut her out and were absolute bitches. To her face and behind her back. Their behavior was ugly. Last night, Kate was talking about how Rocky was going to spoil the crew's last dinner together.  Well, last season, Kate spent their last dinner telling Amy, from across the table, that she'd never want to work with her again and that she really didn't care about Amy's feelings. I think it was brave of Amy to come back to spend another couple months, in close quarters, with the RBF. Or she's a glutton for punishment.

Can anyone tell me what Rocky said about Kate's drinking?  I missed that part.

It was during the previews for the reunion show.  Rocky claimed that Kate couldn't really teach her how to be a proper stew because she was drunk most of time (or something like that....).

I will agree with you that Kate was pretty rough and rude to Amy last season, but I wonder if that is because Kate was just not used to Amy.  Amy seems like a pretty upbeat person, most of the time.  She definitely makes lemonade from lemons, and I don't think Kate knew how to handle that type of personality.  Kate and Kat were pretty similar in that they don't seem like people that are happy most of the time - rather, they seemed sort of down and unhappy with their personal lives at least last season, anyway.  Kate, this season, seemed a little more upbeat, and less grouchy.  Maybe she had some personal growth during the off season, or maybe she figured she was going to have the make the best of working with Amy, and found out that she really liked her.  

I also sometimes think that Kate is a tough taskmaster, and gives the "new stew" a hard time, just to see if they can handle the job.  

• Love 3

At least anyone Rocky had an issue with, including Kate, she confronted. I believe Amy was being very naive, suddenly trusting Kate. Kate needed one ally. There was no one else (even whatshisname?) the second (orig) chef? And even he said that she was unfair to Rocky. If Amy and Kate come back for another Season, it'll be interesting to see how their relationship evolves. I really like Amy and am glad that Kate found 2 new victims. But Amy should reflect, and remember how awful it felt to be the focus of Kate's brutally cold attitude. Amy may regret her blind loyalty...

To me Amy didn't seem blindly loyal to Kate.  My sense of it was that she started the season knowing exactly what Kate could be like, tried to help Rocky herself only to get blown off, and started to see Kate's perspective after that experience.  Even that shift and their new-found friendship didn't stop Amy from trying to comfort Rocky at the end, so I didn't see it as some kind of Kate-leads-Amy-against-Rocky scenario.

But, I also don't think that Rocky was mistreated by Kate.  I think Rocky didn't get to have the fun adventure she wanted and that was frustrating to her, which isn't really Kate's fault, and a lot of her angst didn't seem Kate-related at all.

• Love 14

Of course, I smiled...and giggled like Ben does, when he's being mischievious.    ;-)

I would have loved to see that, if only for your comments afterwards, LOL!!!   

I cannot wait to see the Reunion.  I think I'm more excited about this than I have been about any housewives' Reunion in a long, long time!

I'm also looking forward to watching the reunion. It will be the first time I've watched a BD reunion.

• Love 1

Kate was not nice to Amy last year; however Kat was a huge factor in the dynamic of the relationships b/t the stews last season. Even today Kat gives interviews tearing Amy down.

I hated how Kate was with Amy last year, but I still gound her to be entertaining and pretty witty. I think a part of her was threatened last season by just how good Amy was at her job.

Amy's tears last year were not the same beast as Rocky's crying fits. Rocky turned on the waterworks anytime she was offered some constructive criticism. And her jubilation over Eddie announcing crudely that they "f--ked" to the group was one of the crappiest moment I've seen from either one of those idiots all season.

• Love 8