Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Loose Lips Sink Ships

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

In Amy's defense, while it could be editing, almost everytime Rocky had a meltdown, Amy was the one who sat and listened to Rocky. In my opinion while yes she did talk with Kate about Rocky behind her back, and that's not nice either... but I think she treated Rocky with much more respect than either Kate or Kat had shown her last season. She even tried to take Rocky under her wing and show her the ropes, it appeared she stayed up with her when she could have been sleeping to help Rocky, and Rocky played with the guests and let Amy do the work, while Amy had her own job to do the next day. So I don't really agree that Amy gained up with Kate against Rocky, but that's just how I saw it.

I am biased as a Connie fan, but I don't blame her for getting annoyed with Rocky. When Rocky had her meltdowns, or decided she wanted to play chef, Connie was pulled from her own job to help the interior (if I remember correctly she occasionally ran plates up). When you are working with that many people especially in such small quarters you are going to snap and blow up. Everyone at one time or another was shown complaining and being frustrated about each other so I'm not going to penalize Connie for that.

I don't think Rocky was an exception either, she has just as much right to complain, but my issue with Rocky doing it is that her version was often not true, and done to get someone else in trouble (mostly Kate) and even fired. To me there is a difference between blowing steam and animosity.

• Love 6

She has a right to complain, but her complaining was mostly about the entirely reasonable expectation of her doing her damn job like an adult, or of people's reactions to her yo-yoing behavior, which pretty much dispels any credibility her complaints might have. The only incident I would be on her side regarding the entire season was that break-in this episode; I would be furious with someone if they forced their way into my locked room to have a confrontation with me. Like hitting with blunt objects furious.

• Love 7

Sorry but I never got the impression that Connie was jealous of Rocky in any way shape or form.  At that dinner, to me, she was just fed up with whiny, crying Rocky.  I don't blame her.  Connie is a tough woman.  She's athletic, did very well (obviously) at being a deck hand, great fisher, and according to her bio, qualified for the woman's world qualifier for surfing.  I don't think she gave a rat's ass that Emile wanted to 'screw' Rocky.  To Connie, Emile was a jerk.  As for Eddie, it was well known that he had a girlfriend.  I don't think Connie is that insecure to try to 'get' someone in a relationship.  Now, I did find the peanut butter and whip cream thing weird but she wasn't doing it for attention from a guy.  Rocky would do it to impress a guy.  Like how she lifted her skirt for Eddie.

I didn't record the show but when Eddie was knocking on Rocky's door, did she actually reply?  I could be wrong but I remember her not saying anything.

• Love 12

I didn't record the show but when Eddie was knocking on Rocky's door, did she actually reply?  I could be wrong but I remember her not saying anything.

Rocky didn't say anything when he was on the outside of the door and from watching again, Eddie never opened that lock with a scissor. The scene cut to him just opening and walking in. Then he goes in and asks why she's saying those things about him.

• Love 4

Rocky didn't say anything when he was on the outside of the door and from watching again, Eddie never opened that lock with a scissor. The scene cut to him just opening and walking in. Then he goes in and asks why she's saying those things about him.

Thank you.  This is a whole different scenario and that's how I mostly remember it.  I don't remember if he actually opened it with the scissors but the important fact is that she didn't reply.  We're dealing with Rocky here.  Woman on the brink.  Woman who jumps off the boat.  Woman who collapses into tears on the floor.  I didn't see it as Eddie opening the door because he was intruding but as someone who was concerned about someone who was off balance and didn't answer.  I'm sure others will disagree.    

• Love 6

This is the third season for the show and the female steward storyline for all three seasons has been to align two of them and designate the third as odd-man-out.  Hello, goat.

In Season One, as I've said before, I think Adrienne had the training, brains and commitment to be an excellent chief stew, as far as guest satisfaction--but she didn't have the experience or skill to control Kat and the insufferable Sam smirking at her, ignoring her and rolling their eyes every time she opened her mouth to give them instructions.  And I do mean every time.  It was hard for me to watch because obviously Adrienne needed to get her staff under control, but damned if I could figure out how to wrangle those two brats.

In Season Two, Sam's gone and Kat scores a new and more powerful partner when Kate comes on board as the Chief Stew.  The two of them made Amy's life miserable.  They sneered at her hair, her accent, her positive attitude--and they didn't bother to hide it, shutting the door in her face when she tried to confront them.  It was brutal.  Fortunately Amy had her brother there as an ally. (A definite advantage Adrienne didn't have.)

Season Three.  Kat's gone and Kate aligns, by default, with Amy.  It sure wasn't going to be Rocky because she's clearly the oddball right out of the gate.  I think Rocky was incredibly lucky Amy was half of the majority team.  Amy remembers being the target and was sympathetic.  Good lord, Sam+Kat or Kat+Kate would have eviscerated Rocky.  Either of those combos probably could have driven her to commit suicide.

So, to me, there have been some women who were deliberately mean (Sam, Kat, Kate) and some who were not (Adrienne, Amy, Rocky.)   I see now that you could divide them by competence, too:  Kate/Adrienne/Amy vs. Sam/Kat/Rocky.  Interesting that the show has given us so many combinations of meanness and competence--the whole thing would either be boring as hell or flip ass over teakettle if there were ever three from the same category during a single charter season.  Hmmmmmm. . . maybe they know what they're doing after all.

• Love 5

Rocky's rambling about what she has been doing is like a book compared to everyone else's. Apparently she has been in touch with everyone except Kate, but no one else really mentions Rocky in their blurbs about what they are doing and who they kept in touch with.

On Twitter yesterday, there was a lot of disputing of Rocky's claims. Connie said she didn't talk to Rocky at all after charter season ended and Capt Lee said Rocky was never at his house (and probably would never be invited) nor did she cook dinner for him and his wife. When Connie and Lee stated what she said was untrue, Rocky backtracked and said "it was only a joke!" She claims that Kate, Connie and Lee all "hate" her.

• Love 12

She has a right to complain, but her complaining was mostly about the entirely reasonable expectation of her doing her damn job like an adult, or of people's reactions to her yo-yoing behavior, which pretty much dispels any credibility her complaints might have. The only incident I would be on her side regarding the entire season was that break-in this episode; I would be furious with someone if they forced their way into my locked room to have a confrontation with me. Like hitting with blunt objects furious.

That's a good point that I missed, that Rocky's complaints were usually that someone *gasp* asked her to do the job she was hired to do. So yeah Rocky can complain just as everyone else did, but her complaints were not usually completely rational.

• Love 5

On Twitter yesterday, there was a lot of disputing of Rocky's claims. Connie said she didn't talk to Rocky at all after charter season ended and Capt Lee said Rocky was never at his house (and probably would never be invited) nor did she cook dinner for him and his wife. When Connie and Lee stated what she said was untrue, Rocky backtracked and said "it was only a joke!" She claims that Kate, Connie and Lee all "hate" her.

Joke my ass.  She flat out lied!!  That's messed up.  The girl just keeps getting more and more nutso.  Glad she got called out on her lies.

• Love 8

Thank you.  This is a whole different scenario and that's how I mostly remember it.  I don't remember if he actually opened it with the scissors but the important fact is that she didn't reply.  We're dealing with Rocky here.  Woman on the brink.  Woman who jumps off the boat.  Woman who collapses into tears on the floor.  I didn't see it as Eddie opening the door because he was intruding but as someone who was concerned about someone who was off balance and didn't answer.  I'm sure others will disagree.    

Right. And this is not Rocky's private room in a private home. This is her shared work quarters.  Eddie has the authority to enter any room on the ship at any time when there is a possible safety issue. 

That Rocky hid under the covers like a toddler rather than face Eddie or simply get up and walk away further shows her instability.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 5

Like Kate, I don't care that Eddie and Rocky hooked up. He's a douche, She's a douche.

What got to me in this episode was her acting like a petulant child in the kitchen as Ben was directing. Hello, dumbass, did you expect to make the meal by yourself? Ben explicitly told her that she needed to be his left hand. He didn't leave, he was injured.

The sulking, the bitchiness. My toddler is more mature and useful than this idiot.

• Love 22

Joke my ass.  She flat out lied!!  That's messed up.  The girl just keeps getting more and more nutso.  Glad she got called out on her lies.

Imo, Kate's being a bitch and doing that gaslighting thing she's expert at.  I read the entire tweet of Rocky's and not just the snippet Kate chose to re-tweet. Not only is Rocky's sarcasm obvious to me, but I can see her eyes rolling to the ceiling as she's writing it. In context, someone asked Rocky who she keeps in touch with. She replied with the bit about Connie always calling her for "wave forecasts and bikini tips" LOL Sarcasm much?  And then how whenever she's in Florida, Lee invites her over and she cooks for them.  But the biggest bit of sarcasm from Rocky is when she says Eddie actually really loves her.  Come ON. 

But Resting Bitch Face only retweeted the bit about Captain Lee and forwarded only that part to Lee.  Which he responded to and said it never happened. When Rocky responded to all this by "It was a joke, they all hate me", yes, I believe her saying they all hate her was a pathetic cry for attention but it really does prove Kate hates her by purposely leaving out the context of the original tweet.  Just to be a bitch and curry further favor.  And that's cool.  Rocky = attention starved loon, Kate = raging,unfair bitch.

I've got no dog in this race because both of them can go, but I have to laugh when I look at Kate's twitter and everyone thinks she is just the cat's ass - so smart!  so funny!  so beautiful! -  when last season, probably those same twitterers were calling for her dried up ass to be handed to her on a plate.  Or maybe these current tweeters never saw last season. 

• Love 8

Like Kate, I don't care that Eddie and Rocky hooked up. He's a douche, She's a douche.

What got to me in this episode was her acting like a petulant child in the kitchen as Ben was directing. Hello, dumbass, did you expect to make the meal by yourself? Ben explicitly told her that she needed to be his left hand. He didn't leave, he was injured.

I agree.  If being a chef is so important to her, not only was Ben was offering her an opportunity but more important, his expertise.  He's no Eric Ripert, but trying to help her improve her skills should have been accepted gracefully and not like a sulking baby.  She alienated her only ally, save Emile, when she pulled that.

Also...I tried to find the word just now;  the way he was trying to teach her to thinly slice those greens was called ________________.  I can pronounce it, and write it phonetically (shiff-in-odd) but I can't find the correct spelling online.  Anybody?

• Love 2

What is the age difference between Kate and Ben?  

Starting to think their great romance was Bravo invention.  For instance she seemed surprised by his arrival on the Eros, one could think such lovers would have notified each other.At the beach party she was shown on camera spending time with the other females rather than the man who could never give her what she wanted.

• Love 3

Captain Lee looks ridiculous.

If he wasn't a boater, I'd agree.  But he looks like any middle aged boater you see in marinas all over the world.  That said, as Captain of this lunatic ship, I think he should have dressed with a little more class and authority.  At least better than Emile.

I had to laugh because when I zoomed in to look at Lee's shoes (I thought they were top siders - they are not.  Somehow topsiders would have made a huge positive difference in his outfit), I see that Andy isn't wearing socks with his suit.  Eddie has the proper deck shoes/no socks on and looks appropriate for a bosun.  I wonder if Lee and Andy persuaded Andy to lose the socks prior to filming.

• Love 1

I agree.  If being a chef is so important to her, not only was Ben was offering her an opportunity but more important, his expertise.  He's no Eric Ripert, but trying to help her improve her skills should have been accepted gracefully and not like a sulking baby.  She alienated her only ally, save Emile, when she pulled that.

Also...I tried to find the word just now;  the way he was trying to teach her to thinly slice those greens was called ________________.  I can pronounce it, and write it phonetically (shiff-in-odd) but I can't find the correct spelling online.  Anybody?

Chiffonade

• Love 5

Starting to think their great romance was Bravo invention.  For instance she seemed surprised by his arrival on the Eros, one could think such lovers would have notified each other.At the beach party she was shown on camera spending time with the other females rather than the man who could never give her what she wanted.

I totally agree.  I can't imagine Kate and Ben together.  She fancies herself with a Mr. Big.  Not a yacht chef/caterer who boned one of her BFFs right under her nose last season.

• Love 1

And again, this just goes to show Rocky's level of immaturity and self-impression of her own cuteness.  I can remember my sons, around the age of 7 or 8 (who both were adorably cute at that age) lying to me.  And when I caught them and called them out, they would give me their most adorable smiles and say "I was only kidding, Mom....it was a JOKE!!!!"  Oh, hell no, it wasn't--you were lying!!!  

I guess no one ever told Rocky that it doesn't matter how cute or adorable you are, you will always get caught in your lies.  Eventually, being cute and adorable goes away, and all you are left with is a liar.  I caught her in several lies during the season, specifically when she was talking about her past experiences, with regard to yachting (chef-ing vs. stew-ing, for example).  At this point, I don't even think she ever worked on a yacht prior to this, let alone being a stew or a chef on one.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7

Chiffonade

Yes - and doing a chiffonade correctly is one of the first things I would think you would learn at a culinary institute.  Excellent knife skills with proper cutting, dicing an chopping is important, if any of the cooking shows/chef challenge shows I watch are correct.

• Love 3

Personally, I reject the premise that anyone (Kate, Ben, or the show itself) has ever suggested any kind of "great romance." They enjoy playing with each other, they have genuine affection for each other, and every now and then they hook up. And that's about it. They're friends with occasional benefits, and I've never seen any indication on the show that it was ever anything other than that. Kate has said as much on the show, "...like cheesecake, just can't have it every day" and Ben has always seemed very casual about it as well. They just have their fun when the inspiration strikes and the opportunity presents itself.

Unless we're talking about that whole conversation between them in this episode, which actually took me by surprise precisely because I'd never seen any indication that the situation was even remotely "serious" enough to warrant such a speech from Ben. And judging by Kate's reaction, I don't think she had either. She looked like she was wondering where all that was coming from as well, and she seemed to be trying to politely acknowledge it but to also shut it down with a quickness. Kind of a "That's sweet, thank you. So, we all good?" I think the whole thing might have just been a case of getting a little overly-emotional since they were all going their separate ways. Didn't seem to last very long.

• Love 8

i have to believe to at least some degree Rocky was playing a character, in light of her reality career, and that I still have *some* faith in humanity, I really can't believe that a legitimate adult hid under a comforter during a confrontation. Especially in the one confrontation where she was actually right. That whole scene was really weird. Maybe she's a product of a society where you get a trophy for showing up, and you don't keep score... I really don't know which scenario it is.

And again, this just goes to show Rocky's level of immaturity and self-impression of her own cuteness.  I can remember my sons, around the age of 7 or 8 (who both were adorably cute at that age) lying to me.  And when I caught them and called them out, they would give me their most adorable smiles and say "I was only kidding, Mom....it was a JOKE!!!!"  Oh, hell no, it wasn't--you were lying!!!  

I agree that saying "It was a joke" was childish.  I taught kindergarten and heard that a zillion times.  Had Rocky used her words better, LOL, #things akindergartenteachersays, she should have said she was being "sarcastic".  I don't think she was out to lie. 

Further, right at the end of that same tweet she said "who knows, maybe Kate and I will be best friends next charter season...look at her and Amy!!"  Now if that ain't sarcasm and a dig, I don't know what is.  First, Kate hates her guts and second, I'm pretty sure she knows she won't be invited back next season.

Both she and Kate are acting like toddlers on twitter.  I'm amused.  Reminds me of Luann and Carole.

• Love 2

It looks like there will be a few vacancies left for Bravo to fill since it looks like Rocky or Emile aren't coming back and unclear if Ben will return. A newspaper help wanted ad might look something like this if they want to fill the cast before filming next season.

mb564de681314fd3.47525765.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 3

Also, now that my mind is on cooking terms, what is it called when you cook food in a bag and boiling water.  Term is right on the tip of my tongue...I think it's also a SCH or SH word?? 

Personally, I reject the premise that anyone (Kate, Ben, or the show itself) has ever suggested any kind of "great romance." They enjoy playing with each other, they have genuine affection for each other, and every now and then they hook up.

I agree.  There was never a great romance - I just can't believe that Kate would ever have sex with Ben.  Under any circumstances, unless there's truth to her liking to get wasted.

I don't know if it's because I've seen her make fun of many of the filthy rich charter guests but she tries so hard to make us believe she's above everyone.  I think, that she thinks, it would be a blow to her credibility if she was thought to have boned a chef on a boat.

It looks like there will be a few vacancies left for Bravo to fill since it looks like Rocky or Emile aren't coming back and unclear if Ben will return. A newspaper help wanted ad might look something like this if they want to fill the cast before filming next season.

mb564de681314fd3.47525765.jpg

Sounds like they have the PERFECT employees right now.  But I'm ready for some new faces.

SOUS-VIDE!

What is the age difference between Kate and Ben?  

I don't think it was a Bravo invention. Kate said that it lasted only a couple of months and then it was over and they remained friends, fond of each other and respectful of what happened but friends. I can see them getting together, they are both educated, same type of humor, same experience and seemingly similar outlooks on life. After trying each other out they realized that they are better as friends. They are attracted to each other but they know that they want the same thing someone to take care of them. They were old lovers and on to new things when Ben came aboard. They are confident in their friendship that they don't have to hang by each other nor create drama.

• Love 5

i have to believe to at least some degree Rocky was playing a character, in light of her reality career, and that I still have *some* faith in humanity, I really can't believe that a legitimate adult hid under a comforter during a confrontation. Especially in the one confrontation where she was actually right. That whole scene was really weird. Maybe she's a product of a society where you get a trophy for showing up, and you don't keep score... I really don't know which scenario it is.

I wouldn't necessarily call the shows Rocky has been on previously "reality" shows - they were both more like competition shows.  But I will agree with you about the "legitimate adult"....Rocky may be an adult according to her age, but her mentality is really that of a petulant, spoiled child.  Or, (and I am like you, and like to have some faith in humanity and am sometimes too trusting of people and their motives) she really is a brilliant actress and has played all of this "character" or "persona" for the cameras. 

ETA:  I looked up her "Frankenfood" appearance and found this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR3mYQUXI3g.  So, I'm not exactly sure, but I do think she is a little bit crazy....

Edited by njbchlover

I wouldn't necessarily call the shows Rocky has been on previously "reality" shows - they were both more like competition shows. But I will agree with you about the "legitimate adult"....Rocky may be an adult according to her age, but her mentality is really that of a petulant, spoiled child. Or, (and I am like you, and like to have some faith in humanity and am sometimes too trusting of people and their motives) she really is a brilliant actress and has played all of this "character" or "persona" for the cameras.

ETA: I looked up her "Frankenfood" appearance and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR3mYQUXI3g. So, I'm not exactly sure, but I do think she is a little bit crazy....

True, reality show is a generous term for her other 2 appearances ... I just don't know what else to call it.

One of my friends hurt my feelings yesterday, I think I'm going to invite her over so she can apologize to me while I hide in my comforter.

• Love 3

Right. And this is not Rocky's private room in a private home. This is her shared work quarters.  Eddie has the authority to enter any room on the ship at any time when there is a possible safety issue. 

That Rocky hid under the covers like a toddler rather than face Eddie or simply get up and walk away further shows her instability.

I 100% can't agree with these posts. Sure, if there was an ACTUAL emergency and Rocky was in danger and not responding, then opening the door would've been justified. Someone explain to me how "man gets angry that woman told other people they were hooking up, tries to deny/confront/gaslight her about it, since she doesn't want to deal with his petulant ass he forces the door open" qualifies as an emergency? Rocky might act pretty off-kilter but she wasn't exactly in danger of like, going around cutting herself or something, he was only concerned with making a scene and trying to pretend like nothing had happened between the two of them.

Personally I found it unbearably creepy. A boss shouldn't sleep with you and they should definitely not be bursting into your living quarters to confront you about it, either. (Note that I'm not saying that Rocky is at all blameless for her part in the hookup, but forcing someone's door open because you can't wait until they come out to talk to you about it?? How is that at all okay?)

• Love 7

She claims that Kate, Connie and Lee all "hate" her.

I don't imagine Captain Lee cares enough about her to hate her; what he feels is probably more like occasional exasperation and disgust when he's reminded of her existence by some new antic involving him. She's almost certainly right about Kate; earning that hatred is one of the only things she worked hard at all season. Connie could go either way; she clearly has zero patience left for Rocky's brand of BS, but I don't know if she's the type to hold grudges long enough to actually develop hatred for someone over six weeks of exposure.

• Love 7

Here's hoping at the reunion everyone has an adult beverage. Except Rocky. She should get a juice box and some cut up celery. And a medal. Because she showed up. isn't that how it works for that generation?

Maybe they can sprinkle some Oreos on the celery. You know how when you take a baby for pictures and they have to hold a toy near the camera to get them to look, maybe that's why Rocky is gazing all around, maybe that person was having a seizure during the talking head filming and so Rocky was just following the toy. (Disclaimer*seizures are not funny, but Rockys wandering gaze is)

• Love 2

This is my honest opinion and it's not going to be popular because whether we realize or not, we want to believe shows like Below Deck. We want to see it as truth. I see Below Deck to be like any other, it's scripted and rehearsed. When I see Eddie angrily walking towards the locked cabin door of Rocky and can see the reflection of 2 men, one a sound man and the other carrying a camera then I know it wasn't just an impulse of Eddie. It was planned. He gets to the 'locked' door and suddenly he's got a pair of scissors to pry the lock open. Where did he get those, did he bring them with him, did he ask Emile to get him a pair, or maybe the cameraman had them in his pocket?

The bottom line is that I honestly don't believe that Eddie and Rocky ever had sex. I truly believe that Eddie threw himself under the bus in order to add interest and controversy to the series. Up to this season, Eddie has been the poster child for the perfect crew member and gentleman.   I think that both of them were fully cooperative with Bravo in creating the drama and to have it all conveniently come to a head during the filming of the season conclusion. I believe that Eddie forewarned his girlfriend that this was part of the contrived drama and that's why she really has no problem with it. I also think that the 'cheating' that his girlfriend was accused of was contrived as well just to give Eddie some justification for boning Rocky. The minds of Bravo viewers want to believe the story so it's very easy for Bravo to pull it off. It's more difficult for someone who wants to believe the script to have to adjust their thinking and rationalize it and grasp the concept of being deceived for ratings.

This is a tweet from Rocky yesterday. Despite the way she left, as if she was never going to be part of the cast ever again, it appears that she's already thinking about next season and plans to be there.

CUInDZeUAAAIgnu.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4

Rocky is annoying and childish.  But Eddie Munster is a monster.  I just watched that scene again and damn..."If you're spreading these rumors about me at least talk to me about them. Why would you be saying these things? What the fuck are you doing? What the fuck did I do TO MAKE YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS?"  

I imagine myself laying there, knowing the truth and here's this guy now, busting into my room, denying it all and saying the above? ^^^^  I know Rocky is hated but damn, imagine being her for a second.  They hooked up, he's since made her feel like shit and now he's standing over her asking what he did to make her treat HIM like this?  What he did to make her spread these vicious lies?

Props on the self control Rocky, for pulling the covers over your head and saying you didn't want to talk about it.  By all that's holy, I would've jumped out of that bunk and lost my damn shit after his treatment of me.  But had she done that, then she would've been crazy for that, too. She can't win.

Rocky is a lot of things but Eddie is pathological.  And as far as him using the scissors to get into her room because he was concerned?  Laughable.  He knew there was a cameraperson in there keeping her from slitting her wrists or whatever he supposedly was worried about.  The camera is on Rocky when Eddie knocks, calls her name and she throws the covers over her head.

• Love 6

The bottom line is that I honestly don't believe that Eddie and Rocky ever had sex. I truly believe that Eddie threw himself under the bus in order to add interest and controversy to the series.

Anything is possible but I respectfully disagree. They just can't be that good as actors, can they?  Let's say Rocky and Eddie can act.  And Eddie totally pulled off the angry smoking and drinking.  Totally NAILS the ragey liar face.  Rocky pulls off the crazy, woman/child done wrong.  But what about Emile's reactions?  Dude just isn't that bright to pull off the acting chops required to be as convincing as he was. And Amy?  Unless she's a superb actress, I don't believe she's that calculating to fake her concern and surprise.

And Connie.  Who repeated several times that Rocky was lying only to piss off Emile. Her surprise when she learned that she was wrong....looked pretty genuine to me.

However:

The minds of Bravo viewers want to believe the story so it's very easy for Bravo to pull it off. It's more difficult for someone who wants to believe the script to have to adjust their thinking and rationalize it and grasp the concept of being deceived for ratings.

I hear ya on this.  I've said the same about the Housewives.  But in this case, I can't agree.  To be that big of a convincing douchebag and not actually BE one, would take mad skills.  And I don't think that little putz possesses them.

• Love 8

I was cracking up over Dave's TH about being so shocked and dismayed at the hookup revelation. I can only guess he's disappointed that Eddie felt it necessary to lie to him. If you can't turn to a former gay porn star whose fiance is a current gay porn star for judgement-free commisseration about sexual exploits, who can you confide in?

• Love 7

I was cracking up over Dave's TH about being so shocked and dismayed at the hookup revelation. I can only guess he's disappointed that Eddie felt it necessary to lie to him. If you can't turn to a former gay porn star whose fiance is a current gay porn star for judgement-free commisseration about sexual exploits, who can you confide in?

Now, DAVE, I can believe is a good actor.  Because he was an actor, and hot diggity if he doesn't look like the most innocent of innocents in his talking heads.

Like the naughtiest thing he's ever seen in his life is a charter guest in a revealing swimsuit.  After which he averted his eyes and blushed. I like Dave. He looked authentic in his confusion about Eddie not being the boy scout that he once knew.  So was he acting?

• Love 1

It was planned. He gets to the 'locked' door and suddenly he's got a pair of scissors to pry the lock open. Where did he get those, did he bring them with him, did he ask Emile to get him a pair, or maybe the cameraman had them in his pocket?

I agree that this, more than anything, is the "smoking gun" with regard to the whole thing being for the sake of the show. Scissors don't pick locks. Not even locks on doorknobs inside a house. Those usually just require that you stick a pointy object in there and push back the little lever, but a full size scissor blade isn't pointy enough to do the job. so, 1. It wouldn't have worked, 2. Trying would have damaged the knob (which I assume in and of itself would have been a fireable offense on a $20MM yacht) and 3. Production would never have allowed it to happen if it were "real" if only because surely it would have opened them up to all manner of potential litigation. And clearly Production was there and witnessed the whole thing. It defies all logic that it WASN'T all orchestrated for the sake of the show.

We weren't shown Eddie actually jimmying the lock.

It was only suggested that the door was locked in the first place.

Where'd the scissors come from?

Scissors don't actually jimmy open door locks.

Nobody stopped him, even though multiple people were clearly watching it all happen.

The only fallout was a stern talking-to from Lee (followed not long after by a big ol' hug.)

Rocky's (lack of) reaction... does anybody actually believe that Rocky (or anyone else) wouldn't have immediately gone full-on apeshit if someone actually went all B&E into their living quarters?

I mean, it's pretty obvious to me that at the very least that particular incident was nothing more than a dramatization. And I agree with HumblePi that it's likely the entire "thing" Rocky/Eddie "had the whole time!" was nothing more than a storyline. Acting! Brrrrriliant! After all, we were never, not even once, actually shown anything we've been told happened between them. Not even a single actual kiss, for crying out loud. All we've seen is suds in the washer, and all we've heard are stupid "sex-like sounds" followed by repeated "confessions" from the so-called participants. All of which are about as convincing as tales of a UFO encounter.

You'd think that if any of it were actually "real" the consequences would have been a hell of a lot more serious than... well... basically none. For anyone.

Nah, it was all for show.

• Love 2

The bottom line is that I honestly don't believe that Eddie and Rocky ever had sex.

Is that why Capt was so cordial, at the beach party, to a supervisor level employee who sexed a subordinate, and lied about it?  That would not contribute to the integrity of many organizations.

• Love 1

I think there's a mixture of "reality" and scripting going on in all these Bravo shows. Plus a lot of wonky, untrustworthy editing. I don't know... basically, it doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the show. I agree that these people are not good enough actors for it to be 80% scripted and acted rather than mostly actual, unplanned situations (Dane being a drunken asshole, a fire in the galley, Ben cutting his finger) and reactions. Geez, who would even write that Eddie would drunkenly declare that he and Rocky did actually "fuck" and that Rocky would gleefully prance around the fire describing how awesome it was? That's Oscar-caliber writing skills there [scarcasm], or more likely, truth really IS stranger than fiction.

The production company can set up situations, or help them along once they've begun to unfold naturally (hey girls, how about having a bubble bath party on your night off?), or wait for things to happen and be there to capture them, plus edit it all together cleverly -- and that's what I think happens with this show. I mean, look at the charter guests. Of course the production company has a hand in choosing who does a charter and when, hence the RHoA crossover episode with Cynthia Bailey. Only the last set of guests were near-total duds. Lucky for us, the Rocky v Eddie drama boiled over and got the feature edit. 

• Love 11

We weren't shown Eddie actually jimmying the lock.

It was only suggested that the door was locked in the first place.

Where'd the scissors come from?

Scissors don't actually jimmy open door locks.

My first thought also was that scissors wouldn't open a door lock, even the kind a pointy thing will open, and I also thought of the stupidity of Eddie breaking the lock on that expensive yacht. So I didn't believe the scissors ever opened the lock, but that Amy (wasn't she inside with Rocky at the time?) finally opened the door for him. The scissors thing may have been Eddie acting really desperate because he knew his lies wouldn't hold up, or production saying, "Hey, act like you're going to jimmy the lock with these scissors." Yup, some things seem more "set up by production" than others. So whoever suggested that Rocky put on her mermaid costume and swim to the beach party -- thus setting her up to roll around pathetically in the waves while the guests stared in bored puzzlement -- that person is a genius.

• Love 1

Is that why Capt was so cordial, at the beach party, to a supervisor level employee who sexed a subordinate, and lied about it?  That would not contribute to the integrity of many organizations.

I don't know that the Captain knew about all the lying at that point.  Eddie's main bout of pathological behavior happened as they were getting ready to go out.  Looks like Lee only learns about the hook up - not about how Eddie lied to make Rocky look like a liar.

To me, if I were the Captain, I'd be more concerned about the deceit and willfully trying to discredit a subordinate than the hooking up itself.  Eddie is one un-trustworthy mofo.

I'm anxious for the reunion.  I wonder if Lee had a chance to see the footage before the reunion was filmed?

• Love 4

I think it was during this episode, when Ben was asked to do a "wow!" final meal for the guests, that he said something along the lines of "With an unlimited budget, why would you not go all out?" It was Ben's diss on Leon and his perennial beef cheeks as well as a comment about how exciting it was for him to get to stretch his imagination and skills. It also raised a question: How do the meal costs work on these charters? For the big price they pay for the charter is it pretty much you get what you put on the preference sheet and the chef stocks up on whatever food items he plans to use? There was a lot of lobster and a really nice hunk of beef for those last guests, for example. What about alcohol? Did the guys who just had to have their special tequila have to pay that extra price for it to be purchased mid-cruise and brought out to the boat? 

Edited to correct: Beef cheeks, not checks.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

I don't know that the Captain knew about all the lying at that point. Eddie's main bout of pathological behavior happened as they were getting ready to go out. Looks like Lee only learns about the hook up - not about how Eddie lied to make Rocky look like a liar.

To me, if I were the Captain, I'd be more concerned about the deceit and willfully trying to discredit a subordinate than the hooking up itself. Eddie is one un-trustworthy mofo.

I'm anxious for the reunion. I wonder if Lee had a chance to see the footage before the reunion was filmed?

I'm pretty sure captain Lee watches, he has a blog that outlines the show, and while he is living all of this, he wouldn't necessarily know which episode is being filmed when filming, and his blog is very specific to each individual episode with teasers to future episodes. I think in the past they have mentioned he even has watching parties at his house for the cast that's in ft lauderdale... I live in ft lauderdale and I'm considering making going to one of those parties a goal in life.
  • Love 7

This is my honest opinion and it's not going to be popular because whether we realize or not, we want to believe shows like Below Deck. We want to see it as truth. I see Below Deck to be like any other, it's scripted and rehearsed. When I see Eddie angrily walking towards the locked cabin door of Rocky and can see the reflection of 2 men, one a sound man and the other carrying a camera then I know it wasn't just an impulse of Eddie. It was planned. He gets to the 'locked' door and suddenly he's got a pair of scissors to pry the lock open. Where did he get those, did he bring them with him, did he ask Emile to get him a pair, or maybe the cameraman had them in his pocket?

The bottom line is that I honestly don't believe that Eddie and Rocky ever had sex. I truly believe that Eddie threw himself under the bus in order to add interest and controversy to the series. Up to this season, Eddie has been the poster child for the perfect crew member and gentleman.   I think that both of them were fully cooperative with Bravo in creating the drama and to have it all conveniently come to a head during the filming of the season conclusion. I believe that Eddie forewarned his girlfriend that this was part of the contrived drama and that's why she really has no problem with it. I also think that the 'cheating' that his girlfriend was accused of was contrived as well just to give Eddie some justification for boning Rocky. The minds of Bravo viewers want to believe the story so it's very easy for Bravo to pull it off. It's more difficult for someone who wants to believe the script to have to adjust their thinking and rationalize it and grasp the concept of being deceived for ratings.

This is a tweet from Rocky yesterday. Despite the way she left, as if she was never going to be part of the cast ever again, it appears that she's already thinking about next season and plans to be there.

CUInDZeUAAAIgnu.jpg

This tweet is an exact copy of what she said to the Bravo producers or whoever do the follow ups on their website.  See here:  http://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/season-3/blogs/wheres-the-below-deck-crew-now.  

If you scroll down, the last question to Rocky is "Which crew members are you still in touch with?"

I agree that she probably meant it to be sarcastic or "tongue in cheek", but as often happens with written word, a lot of it could be understood differently.

I also do think that Rocky and Eddie did have sex or hook up, or whatever, but I think it was only a couple/three times - not "this whole time", as Rocky described it.  Also, I couldn't believe how Rocky seemed to revel in Eddie's declaration in front of everyone at the bonfire.  "Yes, I admit it - we fucked"....WOW!!!  Such a nice way to put it.  If I were Rocky, I would have been mortified and embarrassed at that declaration, not prancing and dancing around the bonfire offering up oral sex and descriptions.

If Rocky meant anything at all to Eddie other than a quickie or laundry room hook up, he would have worded it better.  To me, his phrasing was indicative of how he felt about the whole situation.  It came across as a dirty secret, low, base and something to be ashamed of.  (Maybe that is just because I am transferring my own dislike of the word "fuck" when used to describe the act....it just irks me, personally.)  There were so many other ways he could have admitted to the act(s) without making it sound like he picked up a hooker off the dock.  

On the other hand, the phrasing didn't seem to bother Rocky, so there you go....

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5