Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Always Accountable

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I think the guys in the woods left too because that Wade I think person said "He only wants them if they are willing", so maybe because they didn't want to be with the group anymore he was just going to let them go?  Why chase them at all?  WTF.  I hate this episode.

• Love 4

That bugged me too! I wanted Daryl to laugh and say 'bitch, I killed that many before breakfast'. Seriously, how have these people survived???

And "never" killed a person.  Uh huh.  In this (new) day and age?  Don't buy that for a hot minute.

Although, maybe they didn't actually directly kill people - but instead stole their weapons and transportation, like they did to Daryl, leaving them stranded and [mostly] defenseless.

• Love 2

Not sure if I like the Abe-Sasha combo but as someone upthread said, dealing with break ups within a group who depend on each other might add some interesting dynamics, if it doesn't go all Real Housewives of ASZ..

I think this new development signs Rosita's death warrant. She barely has any dialogue as it is. Lately, they've given her two scenes with Spencer, and it's for sure this will push her into his arms. Spencer is both a closet coward and a secret jerk who thinks he's above the rules. He will get her killed (and probably go back and tell the others about his heroic attempts to save her). Mark it down.

• Love 10

I think this new development signs Rosita's death warrant. She barely has any dialogue as it is. Lately, they've given her two scenes with Spencer, and it's for sure this will push her into his arms. Spencer is both a closet coward and a secret jerk who thinks he's above the rules. He will get her killed (and probably go back and tell the others about his heroic attempts to save her). Mark it down.

I strongly dislike that you're probably right - both with Rosita being 'extra' expendable now, if A/S is a certainty, and her & Spencer probably hooking up.

I'm just mad cause even though I don't watch TWD with the intention of viewing for shipping purposes - my "dream" ships are either Rick/Sasha or Rick/Rosita.  R/R could have (possibly/potentially) happened soon, but won't [now], with Jessie in the picture.  I like AB, but grrrr.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3
Who were the shrink-wrapped people in the burned-out greenhouse and how did Tina know them?

This. And a thousand other questions about that group of people. Props to you for even being able to remember one of their names. 

Curious to see how this plays out, especially since he hasn't ended things with Rosita.

And how is that all going to play out? It's not like he can just break it off with her and never see her again. They ostensibly live in the same house! "Hey, Rick, can Rosita come camp with you guys now? I'm going to move Sasha in and give Eugene a little variety with his voyeurism."

I feel like the writers said, okay, who are two characters that no one has EVER shipped before?  Let's do that.

Next week? Carol and Eugene! 

• Love 18
Also, the third group running around shows to me pretty clearly that TWD has about reached the jump the shark point where they have to start having someone working on a cure, identifying, classifying, law-and-ordering something.  They need some new story blood.  The storylines seem repetitive because they ARE repetitive. There's only so many seasons you can have people "rebuilding society from the ground up" yet not getting anywhere, because oh wait!  we have to tear it back down again, to give our gihugic audience a reason to keep hanging on.  Soon its audience starts to wish the ride would end.

Exactly. It's quite clear, to me, that they plan on letting this show go on (and on and on and on) as long as the ratings allow. And the comics are still currently being written, no? Problem is, a comic is much different than a TV show. IMO, a really well done show starts out with a clear end in sight. A direction, a story, an arc, whatever. TWD feels totally aimless to me. I would much rather have 5 seasons of an amazing show (*cough*BreakingBad*cough*) than 10 seasons of a show that is barely hanging on by a thread, and has maybe 1-2 amazing episodes in a season of drudgery and stupidity. Unfortunately I'm not in charge. 

Best part was when some random guy got bit, they cut off his arm and the other random guy says lets walk it off.

Right. No attempt to cauterize it ala Merle and his hand. No almost dying like Hershel and his leg. Nope. This guy is just ready for a jaunt through the woods. 

• Love 12

I quit watching this ep last night after Daryl escaped the 3-some, and went into another room to watch a recorded episode of Shark Tank with others. How many more times do we have to see our gang meet people who capture/screw them over or torture them and then they get away? What are we watching anymore?

The storylines seem repetitive because they ARE repetitive. There's only so many seasons you can have people "rebuilding society from the ground up" yet not getting anywhere, because oh wait!  we have to tear it back down again, to give our gihugic audience a reason to keep hanging on.  Soon its audience starts to wish the ride would end.

Already there.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 4

I have decided that the structure of this season is just 100% pure lazy-ass storytelling.

They looked at the story they wanted to tell and it's a LOT more of a challenge to create a linear story with everyone spread out when they're limited to the hour structure, especially when that hour has to be somewhat of a story unto itself with the usual build-up/climax.

More things would have to happen, it would all have to move a little faster, and it would just plain be MORE WORK for the TPTB. 

All things considered, I'm pretty annoyed.

I didn't understand why the guys in the truck confronted the group in the woods, and then turned around and...got back in their truck? Why didn't they attack right then? Why would they let the group out of their sight so that Daryl could get the whole group hidden somewhere. That could have been better edited..

Has there been any foreshadowing whatsoever that Sasha and Abraham have an interest? This would have worked a lot better for me if I could think back to some look, some special moment, something where I could say, aaah, I see where they were going with that now. Instead, it's a thing because Abraham said so, and Sasha didn't deny. But it came out of nowhere.

Totally agree about the editing.  I couldn't figure out what happened there, and wondered why they were suddenly able to just run off.  

I felt something brewing with A & S, so mileage varies.  I think Sasha likes him in spite of herself.  She comes across as smarter and more well-educated than Abraham, and he's just so... much.  Then again, I think they somehow get each other.

And this might seem weird, but Abraham's got a huge dorky factor... and so did Bob, just in a different way.  And though different, I also find Abraham and Bob both strong personalities.  Both of them helped bring her back from some darkness.  So maybe Sasha's got a type?  

I didn't find the "business you have to take care of" offensive.  Before we saw Rosita's tears last week, I wasn't sure if Abraham and Rosita are seriously attached, or just hooking up out of convenience and compatibility.  It may *still* be the case, because even if she's not deeply in love with him, Abraham would still be the person she's closest to.  Or Rosita loves him, but Abraham thinks they're just hooking up, but they're not having a lot of relationship talks under the circumstances.   I need more information before I condemn anyone.  

4) Tara and Denise (sorry, I want to like this but I can't make myself. Denise annoys the shit out of me)

I liked that Tara looked surprised by the kiss, and like she was thinking.  But what I really want is for her to think, "No, thanks."  But I suspect that won't happen.  After all, they're both into girls, so they MUST be into each other!  /sarcasm

And not only had Aaron not discovered them, but this/these group(s) never 'discovered' ASZ either.  Kinda convenient for storytelling purposes, that.

I kind of wonder if Aaron might have watched them and came up with a big "NOPE".  Aaron's pretty stealthy.

And "never" killed a person.  Uh huh.  In this (new) day and age?  Don't buy that for a hot minute.

I'm with Daryl-- I bought it.  I was conned, too.  Because even at the end when the guy was pointing the gun, I was thinking, "Daryl, he's not really going to go through with it, you know, because of what he said about not killing and you can't go back from... OH."  (Sigh.)

Edited by Bad Example
  • Love 6

I liked this episode more than last week's, even though it was more filler.  When the writers were planning out this season I wonder if they'd considered the backlash from viewers because of how they've spread out all the characters, limiting episodes to one or two storylines, and left the fate of Glenn up in the air (or under the dumpster as it were) until (probably) the midseason finale.  Didn't they realize fans were going to lose patience?

I like Abe (closest thing to comic relief) but don't like that he's apparently forgotten Rosita.  Bad dolphin.

Well, apparently they can't kill without them. At least that's the case for Daryl. A walker's bearing down on him and instead of grabbing a stick or attempting to kick it or something he wastes precious moments by insisting he dig his crossbow out of the duffel bag. Stupid.

I love Norman Reedus but that was some terrible acting.  Director: "Keep fumbling with the bag until the last possible second.  No, don't pull it out yet.  Wait...wait...now!"  Anyway, Daryl will definitely find his crossbow again, it's his one true love.  I fully expected to see the motorcycle thieves crashed and overrun by walkers on the road as the fuel truck drove back and that's how he'd recover the crossbow.  It will happen sooner or later.  Guess Wade and all are being set up for the back end of this season. 

The introduction of yet another group reminds me of how Lost's island was so populated with many different groups that were unknown until the plot required it.  It's hard to believe Aaron never got wind of these folks.

Doesn't insulin have to be refrigerated?  I know they had it in a little cooler, but for how long?

Regarding the voice on the walkie,

Reedus said it wasn't Glenn.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2

When the dude shot at Daryl, as a warning, to force him to hand over the cross bow that was Daryl's clue that the guy hadn't ever killed a person in cold blood and Daryl was gonna open up a can of whoop-ass. Hello, Daryl? Merle called and he said DIXON'S DON'T GET PLAYED BY FOOLS, SON! 

I thought the voice over the walkie said "no" but I did feel like it wanted to sound like Glenn. Hee! If everyone agrees that it said help then I do lean more towards Glenn. 

In what universe is Abe a catch? Like he gets to choose between Rosita and Sasha?!?! When he told Sasha "a man knows" I wanted her to punch him so hard his motherdick fell off. 

• Love 16

I hope that Abraham found some explosives along with those weapons. They will need them. I actually liked Abraham hitting on Sacha. I have always complained about the lack of sexuality on the show. While getting dumped by Abraham will hurt Rosita, I think this could be great for her character. Rosita does not get enough airtime and being cut loose from Abraham might remedy this.

I thought that the group that was chasing after those three dumbies were more more Wolves, but now I realize that they were much cleaner and saner. I expect they will be hitting Alexandria soon enough. At least, Daryl can warn Rick.

The introduction of yet another group reminds me of how Lost's island was so populated with many different groups that were unknown until the plot required it.  It's hard to believe Aaron never got wind of these folks.

But this new group is miles away from Alexandria. I highly doubt that any of the Alexandrians including Aaron have ever gone that far away from home. Also, like RIck's people, most of these groups are migratory. They settle for awhile forage for all the food and weapons that they can and then move on.

I find it hard to believe that there are not large towns with thousands of survivors all across the country given that there are just over 300 million people in the U.S. However, I am willing to suspend reality out of love for TWD.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I am not sure why Daryl returned the insulin, seemed to be on the side of this new annoying group and they *still* took his stuff and hit the road. 

Because......why? I don't know why he wasn't asking "what the hell? I just saved your asses!"

I think it has been awhile since I've heard the 3 questions - they still hold up.

The thing is, Daryl only asked the dude the three questions, he did not ask the girl so when rude dude handed rude girl the gun, the loook on her face told me she HAS killed before and is ready to do so again. I agree with everyone else, Daryl needs to get rid of those ridiculous bangs and just buzz but the nasty hair. I suspect Norman Reedus wants it like this, perhaps he's a little self conscious about his eye.

• Love 3

I thought Abraham and Sasha were going to run into Zombie Glenn in town and have to put him down.

In the beginning of the episode when Abraham and Sasha were talking.   Abraham said something (can't remember what exactly) and I said Bye Abraham.  Thought the fencing was gonna fall with him on it and he was going out with GI Zombie.

Mrs Boiler and I were gonna try to watch the preview for next week, but only made it 3 minutes into the badlands and shut it DOWN!

• Love 2

I think I finally realize that this show can be really really bad.  But I don't quit watching because the good episodes can be really great, and Andrew Lincoln is fantastic.  

I am so sick and tired of them amping up the fake drama with 'walker danger'.  Why the scene with Darryl frantically trying to get his crossbow out of the bag?  Didn't he have a knife??? Why didn't he just walk up to the thing and take it out with the knife like he has done hundreds if not thousands of times already?  It just seems like a cheap device they constantly use to create tension, but it's not working anymore.  

I also think whoever directs the walker scenes really needs to come up with some new techniques.  The scene last night where the guy walks right up to the walker and gets bit.  Really?  That was so unbelievable to me.  Ditto the scene where the cheesemaker got bit.  

• Love 13

Daryl's escapes this episode were just dumb. How did it go from the couple being confronted by the guys in the truck with other guys in the woods to being far enough away to run and hide? And how the heck did Daryl manage to lose them on the road earlier in when his bike is loud as hell?

I clearly have been having trouble giving my full attention to this show for a while now, because I had no idea that Abraham and Rosita were an item until I read it here. I thought Sasha was telling Abraham that he needed to deal with his demons first. After seeing him with the RPG walker, that's what I would have said. Wtf was that?

So much of this episode made no sense to me and even the parts I understood were just bad. Even the cinematography was bad. The green screen shots were killing me.

• Love 4

Don't get me wrong; if Glenn is alive, I will be happy. However, this show better have some ridiculously brilliant explanation of how that could possibly be because there was no viable escape route for him in his "final" scene. Don't make me get all Annie Wilkes about it--"I stood right up and started shouting, this isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! He didn't get out of the cockadoodie car!"

Also, know what I wish? That people I know would stop using the fact that Glenn wasn't on The Talking Dead as solid proof that he's alive! No matter what the outcome, TTD does not dictate the script of TWD!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9

Guys, I need some therapy. I'm actually spending moments of my real life on this actual morning being pissed off at this episode. I know, I know, it's such a waste of time. But so was this episode. It's like they finally got the memo about the night vision goggles and now they do everything in fucking sepia to compromise. The dialog--even between characters I care about, which does NOT INCLUDE Elven Wilfred Brimley Diabeetus Girl--is DUMB. Suddenly they're not mercy killing walkers because it constitutes "leaving breadcrumbs" and they want to give Daryl a challenge or something, because the last thing a tracker needs is a trail...but writing his name on a door is ok? Huh? Abe has random outbursts of PTSD which result in him having thumb wars with a brother soldier whom he also doesn't kill, for some reason? Oh, and he's trying to get with Sasha because...well, she's hot. I guess that part makes sense.

I want Glenn (alive).

I want Carol doing anything.

I want Michonne doing anything.

I want Daryl to stop taking in strays.

I want to go back in time and have Glenn make another condom run because I can't even handle worrying for two fake tv babies.

I want Rick to make more LOUD SPEECHES about being quiet (what, it's funny to me).

Acceptable non-core group characters at this time: Aaron and Eric, Deanna...yeah, that's it. Sorry, Spencer...go to "the desert" and day drink with Madison.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 10

To the person that asked about insulin - yes, it needs to be refrigerated, and even though it was in a cooler, there's no way that insulin was good.  If it was in a pen, it might be OK - once opened, they're good for 30 days, I think.  But a vial of it?  I believe that needs to be kept cold at all times.  So in the short term, a cooler would work, but not this far into the ZA... unless they have some sort of power source in the woods to run a fridge.

Edited by LadyNebula
  • Love 5

Why the scene with Darryl frantically trying to get his crossbow out of the bag?  Didn't he have a knife??? 

Yes. Right there on his fucking belt. I was looking at it swinging while he struggled with his luggage like some dimwit tourist at baggage claim.

• Love 15

I sat through 20 minutes of pure ass stench just to watch a preview that told me nothing. Sad.

I think the term you're looking for is "butt-stank idiocy." Just hearing that made the episode worth watching.

• Love 4

The people Daryl met were the worst. This guy saves your life and you leave him stranded without weapons after he tells you he can provide a safe place? Good luck.

As for the group Darryl helped them escape from, I think I'm suffering from apocalyptic asshole overload. The last couple seasons have given us the Claimers, Terminus folks, their cannibalistic remnants, The Wolves and now these people. The show needs something more than the Rick gang fending off groups of eeeevil people.

Oh, and I think it's hilarious that Rick's plan is to wait for Abraham, Sasha and Daryl to get back and lead the herd away while Abraham is confident Rick took care of whatever problem Alexandria is facing.

Edited by RustbeltWriter
  • Love 10

TattleTeeny- LMAO @ Annie Wilkes.

I found the episode better, after 2 boring ones. It was awful-funny to hear Abraham channel his Inner Eugene in an effort to woo Sasha. I was expecting him to die after a metaphoric last meal of bazooka and cigar and the setup to showcasing his off the charts stupidity... Guess the show has more plans for him. Was nice to see Daryl navigate on his own and learn a few lessons.

• Love 4

I would think than anyone dependent upon insulin injections for survival would have perished a long time ago. I can't see how she could have found a consistent supply for years after society collapsed.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 11

Well, apparently they can't kill without them. At least that's the case for Daryl. A walker's bearing down on him and instead of grabbing a stick or attempting to kick it or something he wastes precious moments by insisting he dig his crossbow out of the duffel bag. Stupid.

I wondered if Darryl lost his knife only to find out later that it was there all the time. His fumbling in the bad was indeed stupid.

This episode had a couple of really odd scenes.  I noticed first when we had the 5-6 second shot of the woods at a weird angle before Darrel walked through and then the hilariously poor execution of the diabetic girl's death.  It looked like a horrible B-movie version of a zombie attack something that Walking Dead usually does exceptionally well.  The scene where the bad guys (well, their shoes anyway) first show up.  Our group just gets up and walks away which is odd because they were just talking directly to each other and if I'm not mistaken were still being chased by the bad guys.

• Love 7

Also, know what I wish? That people I know would stop using the fact that Glenn wasn't on The Talking Dead as solid proof that he's alive! No matter what the outcome, TTD does not dictate the script of TWD!

No, The Talking Dead does not dictate the scripts of The Walking Dead.... but the whole "Talk" part of TTD... that is in fact dicated by the scripts of TWD.

The couple was smart to turn on Daryl.  You spend any amount of time with CDB - you will die. 

They were smart enough to take out a horde of Zombies with a match.  Tina died within hours of meeting a founding member of CDB.  They figured out Daryl would only bring them bad luck, and decided to cut and run while they still could. 

LOL. 

Earlier Daryl said no one was safe and you can't promise people safety. He then tells the couple about Alexandria and how people are basically the same as they use to be and he wants them to follow him to meet up with his friends. Maybe the couple heard Daryl's words as him offering some level of safety and a red flag went up.

• Love 3

I am so sick and tired of them amping up the fake drama with 'walker danger'.  

I had the same problem last week with Maggie and the sewer walker.  At this point, for CDB, a single walker ought to be a pain in the ass because you have to deal with it immediately, but higher on the annoyance scale than the panic scale.  

• Love 3

I suspect we're okay.  Mess with the crossbow (or Michonne's katana)?  You will die, and the weapon will be returned.  (AMC is afraid we won't recognize characters without their signature weapons.)

Well to be honest, they probably need to do this with Daryl.  He's so greasy, dirty, nasty now that the only thing that distinguished him from the crispy zombie was the helmet on the zombie.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 3

Unlike most here, I liked this episode OK. They warned us last week that this episode would be Daryl, Sasha and Abraham so the structure didn't bother me any.

I like that the backstory on the other group wasn't just infodumped on us but I dislike that we didn't see any faces to "heighten" the mystery/tension because I think that's just a load of bullshit.  It's not like any of the faces mean squat to us at this point. I also dislike the attempt to make it seem realistic that the 3 blind mice would have thought Daryl was part of their old group. How big would a community have to be for you to not recognize that a man with a crossbow was a stranger after living there for over a year? For me, the number would have to be over a thousand and there's no way the Show is adding a group THAT big. They should have just had a line where one of the idiots said something like "I should have known you weren't with them but we haven't seen other people in a long time."

As for the friend they were trying to find - my theory is that they were trying to find the dead guy in the motorcycle helmet and the two glass enclosed walkers were just a randomly horrible find in the forest.  I also think that there is supposed to be a more complicated backstory as to why they were fleeing their group -- maybe having something to do with diabetes girl, which is why the guy was apologizing and saying "we had to try" after she got bit. That complicated backstory will explain their turning on Daryl long after we have all stopped caring about it.  (Man was that an undignified way for diabetes girl to die.  Being a waifish blond is even more dangerous than being a black man on this Show.)

The Sasha and Abraham thing will I think look better on a binge rewatch because Sasha sensing Abraham's interest may be the reason why she was so all-fired suspicious of Abe wanting to join her. Also, looking back on it, I don't think that Abe and Rosita have had a single scene together since they arrived at Alexandria and that Sasha's speech to him about choices ties back into that - I wouldn't be surprised if they've been planting clues of a break-up all the way back to before the Summer break.

Edited by rab01
  • Love 1

No, The Talking Dead does not dictate the scripts of The Walking Dead.... but the whole "Talk" part of TTD... that is in fact dicated by the scripts of TWD.

I know this, obviously; there couldn't even be a TTD without a TWD. I'm saying that there's no hard-and-fast rule that an actor not being on that couch absolutely means that his or her character is alive, and that SY's absence from TTD is not an irrefutable argument that Glenn lives (no matter what my real-life friends claim).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

I know this, obviously; there couldn't even be a TTD without a TWD. I'm saying that there's no hard-and-fast rule that an actor not being on that couch absolutely means that his or her character is alive, and that SY's absence from TTD is not an irrefutable argument that Glenn lives (no matter what my real-life friends claim).

No, it's not irrefutable proof. But both TWD and TTD have a formula... I think the bigger proof Glenn is still alive is that TWD itself didn't follow it's major character death formula.

• Love 1

For some reason Daryl's humanity towards the Disney Channel Survivors Crew seemed less stupid that any other acts of kindness shown to strangers on this show. 

I think I know what you mean. Daryl has not been portrayed as naive. He wasn't bringing in Wolf-type roadies. It was looking ok until Plaid Shirt decide to double-crossbow him.

While I do think Abe's interest in Sasha has been hinted at, just like how he referred to her at Deanna's party, but I have trouble cheering for anyone to be paired with him. He's done some awesome things, but I keep getting stuck at the whole thought-Eugene-could-remedy-the-whole-ZA thing.

• Love 1

No, it's not irrefutable proof. But both TWD and TTD have a formula... I think the bigger proof Glenn is still alive is that TWD itself didn't follow it's major character death formula.

Maybe. I'm not saying he is dead or isn't, just that if the show's creators don't want us to know either way yet, then they're not likely going to follow a formula (on either show) that supposedly reveals a solid resolution. That would be stupid. Thus, his absence on TTD says nothing.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

I don't have a problem with another group of villians.  Their dealio is different enough to be interesting, but I didn't like having to sift out the scanty details, considering we were teased with those unfair wolves for a year and a half.

The three people in the woods were hiding because they defected from a group. . . with guns and a superior automotive supply.  That emphasizes having items to trade?  And requires its congregation to kneel?  And there's some angle about not dispatching the walkers with a brain stab, but just incapacitating the chomp option.  And the leader(?) looks remarkably like Rick, in profile, if you squint, not counting the deliberately obscured face.  Do we have a Chekov's Rick II situation? 

If you're going to introduce a whole new population, introduce them, damn it.  I believe you had a couple minutes to spare from the Office Space dialogue.

• Love 3

To paraphrase Abraham, "Who's Tina?"

We have a new TV, a Sony something, it's big and flat and is hooked up to a separate Sony speaker (I'm not a tech person at all).  Yet I CANNOT hear what these actors are saying,  It's Marlon Brando-level mumbling going on there.  I crank up the volume to hear this terrible enunciation and then the music swells up and God forbid it cuts to commercial which blasts us off the couch.  Hate that fuckery.  So, to sum up, I have no idea what anyone was saying.  I did understand that Abraham hit on Sasha, in a nudge-nudge-wink-wink-know-what-I-mean kind of way, which I found hilarious and somewhat nauseating, simultaneously.  Sasha for her part looked a bit green around the gills. 

Daryl riding off into the burnt-out landscape was creepy and reminiscent of a far more eviscerating take on the end of the world, the movie version of McCarthy's The Road.  When Daryl looked over at the shriveled up body with the helmet though, I thought, "Aliens..."  Do not give two shits about the double-crossing trio.  Just more dirty sniveling unwashed fuckers who've done nothing but hide and lie and be cowards the past two years.  Same old same old.  As for the big D himself, I haven't liked his character since snarky Daryl took a powder at the end of season 2, but I've tolerated him alright.  Now I can't stand to watch him because of his hair.  That is sad.  It's not even the disgusting greasiness of it, but the bangs in the eyes.  NO.  I just keep wanting to brush them away off MY face.  It's distracting as hell.  Please stop this torture, Show. 

Exactly. It's quite clear, to me, that they plan on letting this show go on (and on and on and on) as long as the ratings allow. And the comics are still currently being written, no? Problem is, a comic is much different than a TV show. IMO, a really well done show starts out with a clear end in sight. A direction, a story, an arc, whatever. TWD feels totally aimless to me. I would much rather have 5 seasons of an amazing show (*cough*BreakingBad*cough*) than 10 seasons of a show that is barely hanging on by a thread, and has maybe 1-2 amazing episodes in a season of drudgery and stupidity. Unfortunately I'm not in charge. 

Preach Ghoulina.  You and I share a brain when it comes to the overall vision for this show.  In comics land it's OK, I guess (I don't know, I don't read graphic novels) but in TV land it doesn't translate well.  Show needs a beginning, middle and end, like a play.  This won't change until the ratings drop, at least.  TPTB think Gimple's "nonlinear" storytelling is epic, simply genius! (so if one doesn't like it, one is too stupid to appreciate it) and with the ratings high and budget in check, there's no need to change it.  

• Love 8

I think I know what you mean. Daryl has not been portrayed as naive. He wasn't bringing in Wolf-type roadies. It was looking ok until Plaid Shirt decide to double-crossbow him.

While I do think Abe's interest in Sasha has been hinted at, just like how he referred to her at Deanna's party, but I have trouble cheering for anyone to be paired with him. He's done some awesome things, but I keep getting stuck at the whole thought-Eugene-could-remedy-the-whole-ZA thing.

I can't excuse the stupid for anybody believing Eugene except maybe Rosita who I don't think actually gave a shit but  I think the belief from CDB was worse than Abe's. Abe met Eugene when he had just lost absolutely everybody he loved and was planning suicide.  Glenn met Eugene and never mentioned having actually spoken with a CDC scientist?

The people Daryl met were the worst. This guy saves your life and you leave him stranded without weapons after he tells you he can provide a safe place? Good luck.

This guy also said Aint nobody safe anymore. Can't promise people that anyhow. 

Why did that door say Dixon? Anyone? This episode left me so confused. That entire Abe and Sasha shenanigans? I looked at my 15 year old and told him I would still be a single mother in he zombie apocalypse because, yeah. Just no to that verbal masturbation that was Abe.

This guy also said Aint nobody safe anymore. Can't promise people that anyhow. 

Well Rick behaved the same way when Aaron approached him. I can see where it would be hard to trust a stranger whom you just knocked out and tied up he then offers to help. Yeah, I would be skeptical too. Besides Daryl does not look like an Aaron. Like he has access to electricity and running water. He was just as dirty as the Too Live Crew!!

• Love 3

Actually I thought Abe recognized that Sasha was suffering from PTSD.

And was befriending her out of concern, now it's revealed there's more to it.

Curious to see how this plays out, especially since he hasn't ended things with Rosita.

Plus Sasha didn't shut him down.

When he hit on her I was literally shouting in shock!  When she didn't shut him all the way down, I literally stopped shouting in shock!  The shock and wierdness combined must have knocked me into submission because for some crazy reason, I'm game to see where this goes.  I think Sasha can do better than Abe but who knows.  I don't feel bad for Rosita - I mean I do - but I don't consider this to be Shakespearean levels of betrayal.  I never got the feeling that Abe and Rosita were in twu wuv, it seemed a connection borne out of convenience and (in his case) despair.  From what I could gather from his unitelligible utterings, this berzerker dude is who we get from stress, grief, and having a "mission", but that's not the real guy.  The real Abraham (with a roof and walls and whatever he was babbling) is a bit more easy going, likes to drink, socialize and smoke cigars and prefers fiesty, tell it like it is women.  Rosita beat a blank but Sasha's more his taste, I guess.  And apparently he doesn't disgust her as well.  She seems to like men who are man enough to be her man and can withstand the devastating stink eye she wields with prejudice.  Bob and now Abe.  She'd turn Spencer into a puddle of wimpering goo, so that would never work.  I do find it interesting that Abe recognized himself in Sasha's PTSD and yes, he's been watching her closely since the bridge incident last season. 

As for Rosita, she's gorgeous and has her pick of the unattached men - should any show up at some point.

• Love 4