Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I thought the baby was cute, too, Snaporaz. I too am glad to see a soap birth that wasn't a life or death experience and/or in some elevator or whatever.

Or in B&B's case, at the Big Bear cabin in the middle of a snowstorm. ;)

And I still buy this over Chelsea on Y&R who gave birth two hours after getting married in an off white dress to a baby that was drier than California's water reserves.

• Love 7

Thanks so much, ByTor! I'll for sure print this out and show it to my husband, who's about 32 weeks past tired of dealing with my hormonal outbursts! I hope I'm as pretty after birth as Caroline, but I'm not holding my breath.

Any guesses as to what his name will be? I'm going with definitley not a version of "William", but I got nothing after that. Maybe "Bernie" or "Trump", just to be culturally-relevant.

Adding my congratulations and best wishes!

I was thinking Stephan for Stephanie (although Stephen Logan probably makes that a long shot) or even Douglas, Stephanie (and Pam's) maiden name. Or even Eric (which is technically Rick's name but calling him "Eric" and the fact that it would piss Rick off would be reason enough). Or even Spencer Forrester? 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 4

OMG being referred to as "smokin' hot" must be written into JMW's contract.

Props to Deacon for his Photoshop skills.

Now I have images of Steffy as The Mask in my head.

Deacon should apply for a job at 'Eye on Fashion'. Photoshopping is a great skill for fashion magazines.

I know they'd never do it as it's considered an 'old' name but naming the baby Carl(ton) Spencer Forrester wouldn't be totally out of line. It's pays homage to both Carolines and would be a funny wink to $Bill's name in a previous life.

• Love 5

Has Rick ever had a place of his own on this show, ever? He had to live somewhere during his marriage to Caroline, right? What about the digs he got Maya where they were hooking up in Jackie's poorly desguised (sic?) bathtub?

But no. He had to get one last pissing contest in with Ridge.

Utter bollocks.

Not to go all schoolyard but Ridge started it. He got Rick's former wife, Rick's CEO position and suddenly wants the house back too? To quote Rutger Hauer in BTVS, "Puh-lease". Dollars to donuts he'll find something else to siphon from Rick within the next couple months. Even hardcore Ridge supporters must admit that this is a little fucked up?

Frankly I think they both should find their own homes but the budget being what it is, two brand new sets probably aren't in the cards. Moving your current wife into the habitat that your former wife and you lived in is rather tacky (although Ridge seems to have no trouble with it).

If I had to guess, I'd say "ding ding ding...we have a winner!"

Dammit! I don't like it! Spencer to me will always be Grant and Ryan's fucked up daddy on Another World. Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

I was thinking Stephan for Stephanie (although Stephen Logan probably makes that a long shot) or even Douglas, Stephanie (and Pam's) middle name. Or even Eric (which is technically Rick's name but calling him "Eric" and the fact that it would piss Rick off would be reason enough). Or even Spencer Forrester?

There have been so many nods to Stephanie lately that I was convinced they would pick a name to honor her. My first thought was Douglas, since, as you said, naming the baby after Brooke's dad would be a little odd.

Maybe Daniel, after Caroline's mom? Those were my only guesses.

But Spencer is great call, CountryGirl. That's where my money is!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 3

Was it my imagination, or did JMW's blush on her right cheek look like it was melting down her face at the beginning of the show? Or was it her plastic face that was melting?

I thought Rena Sofer was hilarious with those pictures...loved the snarky "combat boots" comment (says me who would never ever dream of giving up her Doc Martens!). 

• Love 9

I do agree that Ridge should have let Thomas visit with Eric and Steffy just to get that overwith. He and Caroline both need to develop a much better poker face.

No Forrester or Forrester-adjacent individual can keep a secret. Stephanie was the best practitioner of secret-keeping; biding her time to use the secret as a weapon.

Their Who's The Daddy? Deception Plan has been on the road to failure for some time. Ridge simultaneously embracing and pushing Thomas away will only make Thomas work harder to insinuate himself in their lives -- Which is one of the reasons I never understood why Ridge insisted on moving into the Forrester Mansion when Thomas was living on the property.

• Love 3

I laughed myself silly at Quinn's face photoshopped on those photos of Steffy and Liam. What a FU from Deacon if I ever saw one! That mountaintop shotgun bridal get-up didn't look all that craptastic minus the hideous mask-veil. Still ...

Still missing: Kudos from Uncle Thorne and Aunts Kristin and Felicia

• Love 4

Quinn's head Photoshopped onto Steffy's body.  That was just light and goofy enough to offset all things Thomas and Baby Magoo--now that it's been mentioned, I can't unsee it--and it seemed to nudge Quinn back over to the wanting-that-waffle side, which might have been a welcome nudge in its (continuously messed up) way.  What I found interesting was that they alluded to Liam actually being strong enough to go outside for walks, which had to be some sort of minor timeskip acknowledgment.

I can hear Quinn's interior monolog:

"Liam and I have a love that is deep and real and when he finds out about it, it's gonna be magical!"

• Love 3

At least for the past few times we've seen him, Liam's headaches seem to occur either when he's trying hard to think about something (your laugh here; you know you want to) or when he exerts himself.  It sounds like they're moving more towards the former at this point.

That said, while I do suspect some sort of timeskip either just happened or very recently happened, we've still got no idea how much damn time has elapsed since Liam initially went thud.  It might be a couple of weeks at this point, God only knows.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 4

Not to go all schoolyard but Ridge started it. He got Rick's former wife, Rick's CEO position and suddenly wants the house back too? To quote Rutger Hauer in BTVS, "Puh-lease". Dollars to donuts he'll find something else to siphon from Rick within the next couple months. Even hardcore Ridge supporters must admit that this is a little fucked up?

Frankly I think they both should find their own homes but the budget being what it is, two brand new sets probably aren't in the cards. Moving your current wife into the habitat that your former wife and you lived in is rather tacky (although Ridge seems to have no trouble with it).

Dammit! I don't like it! Spencer to me will always be Grant and Ryan's fucked up daddy on Another World.

While I agree with all of this, I couldn't care less which one of them started this. Arguably, the first shots were fired ten years ago when Rick tried fooling around with barely legal Phoebe and the both of them have been taking swipes at one another ever since. I fully believe they'd be taking the piss outta one another for some other BS reason, even if Rick were still happily married to Caroline right now.

Not even Steffy and Hope were this petty towards each other.

• Love 2

I would argue the first shots were fired long before Phoebe came along - I would say a good 30 years ago when Ridge abandoned Rick, along with Brooke and Bridget, to go back to Taylor, a pattern he repeated for years, playing at being their father (and later, Hope and RJ's father - oh, that's right, he's actually RJ's biological father) and then dumping them. Brooke gets shade from me as well for putting him, instead of her children, who had no choice in the matter, first and taking him back every time, the consequences be damned.

This was decades in the making. The only difference between then and now is Rick was a child, incapable of striking back but Ridge still sees him as the little Ricky-boy he fucked over and over and over again as a boy and, as slayer put it, he's fucked him over and over and over again as a grown man. When is it going to be enough for Ridge? 

• Love 6
Anna Yolei, on 11 Mar 2016 - 12:27 AM, said:

While I agree with all of this, I couldn't care less which one of them started this. Arguably, the first shots were fired ten years ago when Rick tried fooling around with barely legal Phoebe and the both of them have been taking swipes at one another ever since. I fully believe they'd be taking the piss outta one another for some other BS reason, even if Rick were still happily married to Caroline right now.

Not even Steffy and Hope were this petty towards each other.

Ridge is the image of petty and picayune, constantly splitting hairs for the lion's share.

This sibling rivalry for Ridge goes as far back as Caroline 1.0; when he jilted Brooke and she turned to Eric, which broke up his marriage to Stephanie. The birth of Rick and Bridget (children by his father and former lover) has always been a sore spot for Ridge (encouraged by Stephanie's constant harping and meddling), and Ridge's never tolerated another male rival at Forrester Creations (again, encouraged by Stephanie's constant harping and meddling). Ridge had the first affections of Eric and Stephanie from the start. He crushed any attempt at leadership by his other siblings, and betraying Eric several times for the front office. 

As Country Girl pointed out above,

"This was decades in the making. The only difference between then and now is Rick was a child, incapable of striking back but Ridge still sees him as the little Ricky-boy he fucked over and over and over again as a boy and, as slayer put it, he's fucked him over and over and over again as a grown man. When is it going to be enough for Ridge?"

-- It will never be enough. What he's done to Eric, Thorne and Rick, he's doing to Thomas and R.J. and eventually, That Kid. Ridge won't stop because TIIC didn't replace Stephanie when she 'died.' B&B needs a Medusa to stir the pot, stick pins in the doll, salt the earth, poison the well, and be a general pain in the ass.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5

Amazing how Liam doesn't get headaches when he is screwing Quinn. When is this story going to be over?

I also hope Deacon did photoshop Quinn's head to Steffy's body to needle her. It would be nice if there was some kind of point to Deacon being a part of this besides being thrown under the bus for a ridiculous reason.

I do know it better not lead to Quinn attempting or actually killing him off. After GH I'm not here for that nonsense - especially over a character like Liam. Although characters get killed off for some kind of fall out and what kind of fall out would there be if Deacon was killed off since the writers have him completely isolated with zero ties to the canvas?

• Love 4

And is that supposed to be Liam and Quinn's version of going to the beach like Wyatt and Steffy? Making them seem like a normal happy couple doesn't take away that she is lying to his face and manipulating the shit out of him. People can argue over the physical rape aspect but there is no denying that she is completely raping his mind.

And let's not get into the ridiculous way Liam is being written for this story to work.

• Love 6

A very good week, beginning with the baby birth, which was lovely, and the baby did his best to act as if he were even younger. And Lots Of Deacon. I don't even care about the preposterousness of this SL, I'm just delighted to see so much of Sean Kanan.

• Love 5

I haven't been following this show closely... so was wondering, is Ivy really gone?  The last time I really watched, she was on the plane to Australia and Liam bonked his head in the toilet.  Then he's back and she's presumably in Australia.  Is the character/actress gone for good?

I have hated both incarnations of Ridge.  Ronnnnnn Mossssss for his terrible acting, growling, and ginsu cheekbones.  The current one for his unkempt appearance and bad accent.  I can't believe that this ridiculous baby storyline is making me root for Thomas of all people.  I've also disliked every incarnation of Thomas.  Didn't care for the creepy teen, or the androgynous plastic Ken doll.  The current one is a creep too, but I think the actor has potential, I blame the writing.

If Brooke can get pregnant, then so can Quinn, right?  So if she's pregnant with Liam's kid, then that means that Wyatt would be the kid's brother and uncle at the same time.  Ugh.  And if Wyatt and Steffy were to have a kid, then their kid would be cousin and sibling of the Liam/Quinn kid.    If Liam and Quinn marry then Steffy would be daughter-in-law and sister-in-law to Quinn at the same time.  That's messed up.  My head hurts.

• Love 7

Deacon trying, in his admittedly super-smug way, to save Quinn from herself and get her to come to non-amnesiac Jesus...it kind of makes me annoyed all over again that Show blew up their relationship the way it did to clear the way for this.  But he's the Greek chorus her and Liam's story needs, if not desperately, and thus still very welcome.

Conversely, the tonal shift from Quinn actually defending her "putz" (and straight up confirming my theory that she's fallen for Liamnesiac's gentle "Waffles, hon?" style over Deacon and Bill's mas macho "Get me my pancakes, woman!" style...get off the forums, PTB!) to her envisioning pushing him off a cliff......wow.  And we're finally getting more folks starting to question why Liam seemingly decided to GTFO, which is also good...but it all seems to now be pointing towards something B&B hasn't done in over a decade: faking a death.  If they indeed go there, it could either be the most awesome thing ever (this year, and possibly last year as well) or a colossal trainwreck on wax.

• Love 8

They are either faking a death or Deacon might bite it. I can't even watch his scenes and enjoy them because I'm afraid its going to be GH all over again.

Also, Quinn's comment about Deacon being super macho doesn't work for me. We saw Deacon making her breakfast in bed and rubbing her feet. I'm not buying that last minute shift the writers are trying to sell.

• Love 5

If Brooke can get pregnant, then so can Quinn, right?  So if she's pregnant with Liam's kid, then that means that Wyatt would be the kid's brother and uncle at the same time.  Ugh.  And if Wyatt and Steffy were to have a kid, then their kid would be cousin and sibling of the Liam/Quinn kid.

Granted, thinking about who's related to whom can make anyone dizzy! I was able to follow this, but I can't figure out how Wyatt/Liam's kids would be siblings.
  • Love 2

Granted, thinking about who's related to whom can make anyone dizzy! I was able to follow this, but I can't figure out how Wyatt/Liam's kids would be siblings.

Whoops.  I meant cousin and uncle/aunt/nephew/niece.  I think.  I meant to say that Wyatt and the Liam/Quinn kid would be siblings.  Again, I think.

To make it's easier, let's assume both babies are boys.  Let's call Wyatt and Steffy's kid KFC and Liam and Quinn's kid Eggo.  KFC and Eggo are cousins because KFC's father, Wyatt, and Eggo's father, Liam, are brothers.  But Eggo is also the uncle of KFC, because Quinn is the mother of both Eggo and Wyatt, and thus Eggo and Wyatt are brothers.

I think that's now right?

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 9
So . . . When's Dr. HardOn coming back?

Right? I checked his IMDb page and it doesn't even have his B&B appearance listed. Not sure what to make of that...

ETA: And now it does show his B&B appearance. The timing of that update is interesting...

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

I can't believe that Deacon may be killed off by an obviously manipulating Quinn. She might as well had a mustache to twirl in her scenes with him. I really hate how other characters have to be dumbed down to make others work.

And I actually watched scenes with Liam and it just makes Quinn and Liam even more gross. He comes across as an overgrown child.

• Love 4

LMAO at Bill's mimicking of Liam. So true!

"I want Hope, I want Steffy, I want Hope, I want Steffy,  I want Ivy, I want Steffy, I want Ivy...I can't make up my mind." 

• Love 9

Speculation but we all know Liam isn't dying. We don't need spoilers for that. I'm just expecting the worst. I expect something to happen to Deacon. I just don't know if he will be dead or "dead."

• Love 5

Quinn being moved so harshly back into black hat territory in this episode bugged me.  (I admittedly missed the entire diamond storyline, though, so her apparent precedent for this was lost on me.)  I was and still am (mostly) okay with her being manipulative and just a little bit sweet on her amnesiac roomie/hostage/faux-spouse, but straight up planning to kill him and make it look like an accident is way beyond the pale.  Even if this presumably doesn't come to pass and, as we're all starting to dread, something happens to Deacon instead...how the heck do they get Quinn back to something resembling redeemability from here?  Even pregnancy won't quite cut it, show!

• Love 6

Neither Deacon or Liam deserve to be Quinn's victims. Also if she causes the "death" of her former husband who has done nothing to her but try to keep her from destroying herself - that's reprehensible and shows that Quinn is incapable of caring about anyone.

And let's not get into how frigging stupid the basis of this whole story is. Deacon might be written off for the dumbest story ever.

• Love 7

Quinn being moved so harshly back into black hat territory in this episode bugged me.  (I admittedly missed the entire diamond storyline, though, so her apparent precedent for this was lost on me.)  I was and still am (mostly) okay with her being manipulative and just a little bit sweet on her amnesiac roomie/hostage/faux-spouse, but straight up planning to kill him and make it look like an accident is way beyond the pale.  Even if this presumably doesn't come to pass and, as we're all starting to dread, something happens to Deacon instead...how the heck do they get Quinn back to something resembling redeemability from here?  Even pregnancy won't quite cut it, show!

I must have blinked and missed it, but how did Quinn transition from Moon Spoon June In Love With Liam to planning to push Liam off a cliff because her plan to put Wyatt in his position and with Steffy is complete? Liam dies because Wyatt is engaged to Steffy and has a job at Spencer Publications locked up?

Neither Deacon or Liam deserve to be Quinn's victims. Also if she causes the "death" of her former husband who has done nothing to her but try to keep her from destroying herself - that's reprehensible and shows that Quinn is incapable of caring about anyone.

And let's not get into how frigging stupid the basis of this whole story is. Deacon might be written off for the dumbest story ever.

I'm dumbfounded that Deacon would even listen to her about killing Liam.

Deacon used to be smarter than this.

• Love 8

I like having SK on this show but seriously, he could have saved Liam when he first found out about Quinn holding him hostage and made a boat load of bucks from Dollar Bill. He chose to back up Quinn instead so if he dies no great loss, IMO. He really isn't a nice guy and we have enough shady ones. Although he isn't really shady either. He isn't really anything I would miss, except SK.

• Love 7

I thought it was bad enough ten years ago when the show was bending over backwards to make Nick N. Sane work, but given Jack Wagner was a big name well before joining B&B, I can kinda understand that.

I have not ever once gotten Liam's appeal. From all accounts, Scott Cliffton is a decent enough actor who's gotten the Hayden Christensen treatment with this role. Which is a shame....he shines in most of his non-Hope or -Steffy scenes.

• Love 3

Wait, did I miss somthing? Liam doesn't recognize Deacon? I see you writers, just making it up as you go long.

Has no one ever broken up with Steffy before? Why can't she let it go? Geez.

Wyatt is such a mama's boy. It's a wonder he can feed himself or is potty-trained.

"You could be the doorway to every happy ending." WTF does that even mean? Like everyone else, I am so amazed that Deacon is falling for Quinn's insane crap. Especially since it puts him not in prison for the rest of his life at risk.

• Love 4

That's a good point about Liam not recognizing Deacon. You'd think that maybe Deacon's voice would trigger a memory. So Liam obviously is recovering if he's able to cook dinner and go on outdoor hikes. I didn't pick up on anything to lead me to believe that Quinn would also kill Deacon. The worst thing that could happen to him is getting sent back to prison for being an accessory to a crime.

Steffy is so melodramatic, "I feel like a widow." Seriously? /eyeroll

• Love 4

If I ever met Rena Sofer, the first thing I'd ask her is how she manages to motivate herself to portray a character who changes every way the wind blows, when none of those changes ever even make sense.

• Love 12

If I ever met Rena Sofer, the first thing I'd ask her is how she manages to motivate herself to portray a character who changes every way the wind blows, when none of those changes ever even make sense.

I agree.  There were moments in her scenes with Deacon yesterday that I just wanted to know what the hell was going on.  Like her asking if there were still feelings.  Like what?  Hasn't Deacon been pretty obvious about still having feelings?  Its like what are the writers doing?

• Love 4

Hasn't Deacon been pretty obvious about still having feelings?

YES! So why, when he first went to the cabin, was he acting all shady and menacing as though he hated Quinn and was only using her for money??? Now all of a sudden it was Quinn who no longer wanted to be married because marriage made their relationship boring. It's like the writers who wrote the beginning of this story all quit & new ones were hired without bothering to read what was originally written. It's fine if they want a story to continue on a different path than they originally intended, but the characters should be shown to have some kind of motivation behind the deviation. I honestly don't understand how these actors don't burn their scripts and run away!
  • Love 9

Once again, Quinn has managed to work my last nerve into overtime. Quinn lost the right to demand anything from Deacon the second she unceremoniously dumped him for not being $Bill. I don't like Liam either, but he doesn't deserve what Quinn's doing to him anymore than Quinn deserves to get away with it.

As for Quinn's claim that she quit Deacon because he's not "romantic" enough for her, is she talking about the same Deacon who's trying to save her from herself despite her perpetual shittiness to him? Show me a relationship-especially marriage- that's always "perfect" on every level and I'll show you a fantasy-and a boring one, at that.

• Love 8

Wait, did I miss somthing? Liam doesn't recognize Deacon? I see you writers, just making it up as you go long.

Has no one ever broken up with Steffy before? Why can't she let it go? Geez.

Wyatt is such a mama's boy. It's a wonder he can feed himself or is potty-trained.

"You could be the doorway to every happy ending." WTF does that even mean? Like everyone else, I am so amazed that Deacon is falling for Quinn's insane crap. Especially since it puts him not in prison for the rest of his life at risk.

I am glad that Steffy is asking questions. She's obviously moving on (albeit too fast IMO) but no matter what one thinks of Liam, this complete disappearing, I don't give a fuck act is totally out of character for him and she is right to suspect that something foul is afoot. That may be what saves him because Wyatt is so hungry and thirsty to replace Liam in his bed and the executive suite at Spenser Publications that he'll probably be disappointed when his cray bitch of a mother's plot fails and is uncovered. 

Has Steffy even told Wyatt that she loves him or just that shehappy he's a man she can count on? It's pretty fucked up that the only woman he's pursued that wasn't first in Liam's bed is someone he pursued to use her for information about Myron. Wyatt if fucking pathetic!

• Love 8