Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Katie falling into her cups, I mean, bowls of spaghetti, was some of the worst acting I've ever seen and that's saying something for this show.

And I agree that the good doctor looked intrigued with Katie's description of Brooke. Although I wanted to slap her with the constant cracks about Brooke giggling all the time. I mean, seriously, if she giggled half as much as Katie claims, no man would like twice at her other than to think she's a loon. 

• Love 2

Just like its dumb that he didn't make a beeline for Brooke once they broke up.  Hell, Deacon could still be the conman by going to Brooke and try to ingratiate himself with her by claiming to be off the bottle because of his marriage ending. 

I would much prefer this to Brooke/Katie/Bill part whatever the Hell. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh, no to another round of Breacon. Putting aside the Bridget issue, he was a rebound for her when Ridge was unavailable and once he was, she made a beeline for him before Taylor's wax replica had gotten cold...and also before Ridge could find out Hope's true paternity.

Deacon should want nothing to do with Brooke now that Hope is a legal adult.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2

I'm here nor there when it comes to Brooke and Deacon because I wasn't watching when they first hooked up but I just think with how he was still asking if they had a shot before he married Quinn that its absurd that they didn't have him back in her orbit in some way.

It also would be nice to see SK act against someone besides RS. Is he not allowed to play with the other kids?

• Love 2

Dr. Heythere was nerdorable in his glasses. I could watch more of him. Katie seemed on point with him but then the spaghetti thing was bad. The last thing got to me, though. When she said "I just hurt, so bad" I could see that.

• Love 4
(edited)

Exactly with Brooke. How did she manage to sneak into SP? I'd think that Katie would have the security guards on high alert. Maybe Brooke shimmied and flirted and said that she's left some items behind to go retrieve or something. I will add that KKL looked great yesterday. Her makeup was flawless and I liked the off-white peplum jacket. Even her hair looked good.

I'm still not getting how Katie spiraled downhill so rapidly. She seemed to be doing just fine until she overheard Brooke's sordid confession to Bill. I think that I would have just busted in with a laugh and an "Oh, BROOKE!" and left it at that. (Deal with it with Bill calmly and in private.) I realize that Brooke is extremely dangerous around any man, but maybe if Katie had taken the opposite approach, Brooke would have backed down and stayed away. Now, with Katie being so distraught and out of control, she's just alienating Bill and pushing Brooke into his orbit "out of concern for Katie" of course.

Here's what rubs me about Bill with his lecturing Katie about drinking. He stands there and says, "I only have a couple of drinks once in a while." No he doesn't. He slugs down the straight bourbon on a daily basis at the office with the same gusto as J.R. Ewing did on "Dallas." Pot meet kettle.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 10

I think this guy is going to be pegged for Brooke. First of all, if he's treating Katie, then by ethical standards, he can't get involved with her. 

You're kidding, right? There are no ethics on this show. Anybody's game.

• Love 2

Spoilers for next week:

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9275508/1/

Newspaper soaps column preview
(via courierjournal.net/soaps)

Coming for the week of March 7th
A husband and wife prepare for the birth of their baby.

http://www.courierjournal.net/soaps/article_fe956e...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter mini-previews:

Caroline goes into labor with Thomas and Ridge by her side. #BoldandBeautiful
https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/70512529727687...

Deacon and Quinn create a photo album of Adam and Eve by photoshopping her face on Steffy's body! #BoldandBeautiful
https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/70512562343870...

Brooke tells Rick shocking information about Ridge. #BoldandBeautiful
https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/70512727015594...

Ridge vs Rick on Mon.
Ridge gives Steffy advice on Thurs.
Wyatt and Steffy have a heart to heart on Fri.
https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/70518598513974...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
World of B&B

Monday, March 7
• A business discussion between Ridge and Rick devolves into a shouting match laden with personal attacks.

Tuesday, March 8
• Rick's curiosity is piqued when Brooke inadvertently supplies Rick with some surprising info about Ridge.

Wednesday, March 9
• After Caroline goes into labor, Ridge makes an announcement to the family about the arrival of the newest Forrester.
• Tensions between Ridge and Thomas mount when Thomas feels that Ridge is being is being more than a little dismissive -- will this become another feud?

Thursday March 10
• Thanks to help from Deacon, Quinn is able to give Liam "proof" of their so-called history as a couple.

Friday, March 11
• Deacon warns Quinn of the serious consequences she'd undoubtedly face if her charade with Liam were to run aground.

Undated week of March 7
• An innocent comment could lead to serious questions.
• A secret is about to explode.

Brooke wannabe startin' something.

And Quinn keeps sinking to new lows. If she's ultimately going to arrange for a fatal accident for Liam why continue to violate him and puppet the man? Just smother him in his sleep.

• Love 1

Spoilers for next week:

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9275508/1/

Newspaper soaps column preview

(via courierjournal.net/soaps)

Coming for the week of March 7th

A husband and wife prepare for the birth of their baby.

http://www.courierjournal.net/soaps/article_fe956e...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twitter mini-previews:

Caroline goes into labor with Thomas and Ridge by her side. #BoldandBeautiful

https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/70512529727687...

Deacon and Quinn create a photo album of Adam and Eve by photoshopping her face on Steffy's body! #BoldandBeautiful

https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/70512562343870...

Brooke tells Rick shocking information about Ridge. #BoldandBeautiful

https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/70512727015594...

Ridge vs Rick on Mon.

Ridge gives Steffy advice on Thurs.

Wyatt and Steffy have a heart to heart on Fri.

https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/70518598513974...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World of B&B

Monday, March 7

• A business discussion between Ridge and Rick devolves into a shouting match laden with personal attacks.

Tuesday, March 8

• Rick's curiosity is piqued when Brooke inadvertently supplies Rick with some surprising info about Ridge.

Wednesday, March 9

• After Caroline goes into labor, Ridge makes an announcement to the family about the arrival of the newest Forrester.

• Tensions between Ridge and Thomas mount when Thomas feels that Ridge is being is being more than a little dismissive -- will this become another feud?

Thursday March 10

• Thanks to help from Deacon, Quinn is able to give Liam "proof" of their so-called history as a couple.

Friday, March 11

• Deacon warns Quinn of the serious consequences she'd undoubtedly face if her charade with Liam were to run aground.

Undated week of March 7

• An innocent comment could lead to serious questions.

• A secret is about to explode.

And Quinn keeps sinking to new lows. If she's ultimately going to arrange for a fatal accident for Liam why continue to violate him and puppet the man? Just smother him in his sleep.

Brook seriously sucks. she's a selfish, passive-aggressive bitch. They need to lock both her and Quinn in a fucking cage.

• Love 4
(edited)
TobinAlbers, on 04 Mar 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:TobinAlbers, on 04 Mar 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:TobinAlbers, on 04 Mar 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

When is she not startin' something?

Any attention is better than no attention at all ...

ByTor, on 04 Mar 2016 - 1:15 PM, said:ByTor, on 04 Mar 2016 - 1:15 PM, said:ByTor, on 04 Mar 2016 - 1:15 PM, said:

So I assume Brooke

is going to tell (or maybe shout to) Rick about the VASECTOMY!

Brooke's been sitting on that little piece of information for too long.

With Ridge ratfucking Rick, Maya and Nicole out of the Forrester Mansion, Brooke could accidentally mention in conversation the convoluted series of events that Ridge had a vasectomy reversal, the immediate pregnancy and Ridge's birthright fixation with all things Forrester when he suddenly wants something Forrester-adjacent. This would feed into Rick's lifelong resentment of Ridge, and the information gives him the opportunity to kill a bunch of duplicitous birds (Ridge, Caroline, Thomas and Eric) with one stone.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 1

Today's episode should be titled "March of The Wooden Soldiers". HT was the only one to bring it but she was playing to vulture who was biding her time to pick her bones.

Zende looked like a mouse that was being devoured by a snake.

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh, Sasha. ♪ When I get that feelin', you need sexual healing ♫. Ms. Dr. Feelgood is in. I at least give Zende credit for letting her know up front that she wasn't going to be anything but a fcuk buddy. Wonder how long it'll before the accidental pregnancy happens?

Katie, Katie, Katie. Watching her drink from that broken tumbler was so sad. And the really sad thing is that I think about 80% of what she says about Brooke is completely on target but it gets lost in the 20% that's pure psycho.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9
(edited)

As much as I love Katie's ongoing, and now booze-powered, Jan Brady rants and freakouts...her not being able to resist glugging from a broken glass she threw on the floor today (complete with epic BGM) officially took her into blazing hot mess territory.  The idea still has to be that her insecurity and fall into the bottle is indeed what blows up her marriage, and I get it (and yes--she's still not wrong!), but that specific moment...wow.

OTOH, Sasha and Wolverine...when she asked him if he had protection, I HAD to think: "Girlfriend's thirsty, but she's not stupid."

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 5
OTOH, Sasha and Wolverine...when she asked him if he had protection, I HAD to think: "Girlfriend's thirsty, but she's not stupid."

Color me shocked that she's not trying to get an "oops!" Forrester baby.  

I'm glad Sasha and Zende hooked up. I don't think she's stupid enough to set out to get pregnant just yet. She's a print model with an international company. Yeahhh I wouldn't be trying to lock in my future baby daddy just yet. Now to wait for the Partially Open Door to make another appearance. P.O.D., you've been missing. We need to see Nicole standing behind the door listening as Sasha and Zende talk about their night(s) of passion.

Dr. Hardon does make housecalls. I'm ready to lay on the couch and tell him everything.

• Love 6

As much as I love Katie's ongoing, and now booze-powered, Jan Brady rants and freakouts...her not being able to resist glugging from a broken glass she threw on the floor today (complete with epic BGM) officially took her into blazing hot mess territory.  The idea still has to be that her insecurity and fall into the bottle is indeed what blows up her marriage, and I get it (and yes--she's still not wrong!), but that specific moment...wow.

Mercy! Katie was like a tire fire in the middle of her gated community.

Why did Katie call Brooke over to the house? To be judgmental and condescending? To have a tirade? To warn Brooke off? To give Brooke more ammunition?

I don't understand why two people so concerned about Katie's well-being, left her in full crisis. She was hysterical, inebriated, and undone by anxiety, so $Bill and Brooke leave her to her own devices?

Good ... no ... Great idea.

Wrap that Rascal! ... Isn't that what all the hormonal, fabulous young people are doing?

• Love 4

How the bleep does Sasha just sashay (yeah, Purposeful word choice!) into the Forrester mansion anytime she wants?

Wine followed by liquor makes you drunk quicker, Katie. Watch out for those glass shards, hon! She was so self-righteous with her "we non-alcoholics" speech, then she guzzles scotch from a broken decanter. Suck it up, bitch.

• Love 7

I'm glad Sasha and Zende hooked up.

Fuck buddy/no strings attached sex isn't exactly unheard of in real life, so I'm glad a soap is willing to go there (although I wish it were between characters who actually have chemistry). Oh who am I kidding? They'll be in love and engaged by next Friday and broken up by the following Tuesday.
  • Love 10

Why did Katie call Brooke over to the house? To be judgmental and condescending? To have a tirade? To warn Brooke off? To give Brooke more ammunition?

I don't understand why two people so concerned about Katie's well-being, left her in full crisis. She was hysterical, inebriated, and undone by anxiety, so $Bill and Brooke leave her to her own devices?

Being judgmental and condescending is what Katie does best.  Whoever it was who said her tirade was 80% truth swallowed up by 20% psycho had it exactly right.  If I were Brooke, I'd have walked out the minute Katie started throwing accusations around, whether they were true or not.  There's nothing to be gained by rehashing the same thing over and over again, especially with someone who's drunk and who's baiting you to begin with. Bill, on the other hand, had no business walking out on her, although kudos to him for at least taking Will with him.  What they really need to do is get someone over there to sit with her, a neutral third party who only has Katie's best interests at heart.  Where's Donna when you need her?

I'd like to say that some of the acting is carrying this for me, but unfortunately the whole story's ruined because of the ridiculousness of Katie becoming an alcoholic overnight and her constant and grating, "feel sorry for meeeeeeee!!!!" tirades.  Better and more fun would have been to see her go into full-on bitch mode and stop at nothing to keep her husband's interest, if that's what she's afraid of losing.  Leather, studs, and stilettos, for example, or becoming a beast in the boardroom.  Another round of whiny sad Katie?  No thanks.  

• Love 1

And that's the thing.  Katie talking to her shrink about this is good.  Brooke talking to her son about any of it (even veiled as it is) is...okay.  But why the hell aren't either of them talking to Donna?  Or, hell, even referring to talking to Stephen offscreen about any of this?

Better and more fun would have been to see her go into full-on bitch mode and stop at nothing to keep her husband's interest, if that's what she's afraid of losing.  Leather, studs, and stilettos, for example, or becoming a beast in the boardroom.  Another round of whiny sad Katie?  No thanks.

That's an interesting thought--Katie perhaps deciding (if fueled by the booze) to try to vamp it up a bit in order to keep her man?  That actually would have been a nice stop on her way down fully into the bottle.  OTOH, knowing this show, it might well be building to some kind of full-on psychobetty freakout where she drunkenly shows up for bed in a blonde wig and trying to whisper Brooke-style sweet nothings into Bill's ear...

• Love 3

Katie was dropping the word crazy a little too much in her convo with Dr. Hayden. Even in it's harmless everyday usage, therapists have to take it seriously with their patients-especially with Katie's mental history. Honestly, it was obvious that she was in some very precarious denial mixed with the desperate need to protect. Hayden should've picked up on that and been a bit more urgent in his session with her. Funnily I didn't think his reactions to Katie's descriptions of Brooke were him being turned on but more like 'Girl, Brooke can't be all that.'

Can't believe I'm saying it, but Rick was right, Bill shares some blame in Katie's insecurities. Yes, Katie is revving up to high anxiety but Bill running to Brooke all the time and trying to facilitate a reconciliation just adds to her anxiety. Still, when Bill left and was taking Will for Uncle time with Justin and Katie freaked out that he didn't trust her alone with Will, I got her resentfulness and hurt and yet...hate to say it but Bill was right to take him and even as Bill easily verbally denied that he felt that way....you kinda knew...he felt that way. A great emotional paper cut to end that scene and illustrate how in danger that marriage is.

Here's the problem with Sasha and Zende hooking up for me- they're not core characters who have been on long enough for me to care about them hitting the sheets. The repercussions affect Nicole, Maya, and Rick who I don't care about.

The relationship that is going to be seriously damaged by Quinn's keeping Liam is Liam and Bill. Yes, Bill is being fed a bunch of bull by Quinn, but he's easily accepting it. He basically gave up on Liam - took away his job, approved the Steffy and Wyatt union- without tracking his ass down and having it out with him face to face. Most parents when they don't hear or see from their kids (not texting) begin action to track them down. When it hits Liam that Bill just accepted that Liam would go MIA like this and give up on his life and it didn't tweak Bill that Liam has never bailed on his life when times got tough-even after he and Steffy lost the baby and Steffy left him- he'll feel some serious hurt and rage and abandonment. Or he should. I'm both looking forward to and dreading that moment because Bill will kind of deserve it. It'll take some time for them to get back to where they were and even longer if Quinn and/or Wyatt are still around for Liam to be reminded of who turned his life to crap. It's ironic that Quinn is achieving what she's wanted to do, blow up Liam's life and give it to her son while at the same time 'falling in love' with him.

• Love 7
(edited)

Katie perhaps deciding (if fueled by the booze) to try to vamp it up a bit in order to keep her man?  That actually would have been a nice stop on her way down fully into the bottle.

Had it gone that way, it still could have ended with the same result, Katie driving Bill into Brooke's arms, not because of some pathetic self-fulfilling prophecy the way (I presume) it's going now, but because Bill can't handle seeing his sweet little Katie become bigger and badder than he is.  This way is gross--poor sobbing wife feeling sorry for herself and her sad life, blaming anything that hasn't even happened yet on the other woman, while completely absolving the man in question of any responsibility.  I absolutely despise the notion that if anything happens between Brooke and Bill, it will all be her fault, and I say this as not even particularly a fan of Brooke.

Edited by Kerri Okie
  • Love 3

Maybe I was being too literal when I said that the picture that Katie painted of Brooke to Dr. Hardon was enticing directly to him. She was painting such glorified portrait of Brooke as the ultimate femme fatale maneater, that I thought that at least he'd be intrigued. He doesn't necessarily have to act on it, but you know he eventually will. He's going to meet Brooke one way or the other, intentional or not. Family therapy, grabbing a latte at Insomnia ...

Or, maybe he's a James Warwick (and face it, Taylor) type of therapist and doesn't have a problem getting involved with his patients and will end up with Katie???

There was no need for Katie to start sexing it up or changing in her behavior in any way to keep Bill, as he wasn't going anywhere. They appeared to be happy and solid until Katie came up with the preposterous idea to bring Brooke into the SP fold. I'd be all for sending Katie "away" for several months to recuperate. Does HT ever get offered any other roles, or is she firmly cemented in soapland?

I'm all for bringing Stephen Logan back. I wonder what Patrick Duffy's doing these days as "Dallas 2.0" got cancelled? I think that he and Quinn would make a very striking couple. Who knows? Stranger things have happened!

• Love 4

So are we supposed to believe that Katie broke the last bottle of booze in the Spencer mansion?  And even if that were true, I am sure she could get delivery.  I hate these shows that portray alcoholics as if they are on skid row.  Over on the Y and R whenever Nikki falls off the wagon, she drinks out the bottle, or even little mini bottles, when  there are perfectly lovely crystal rock glasses available.  And now we have Katie so desperate for a drink that she risks cutting her face or swallowing broken glass.  WTF?  You know, there are plenty of functional alcoholics all over the USA who are not this pathetic.

And why is it okay for $Bill to be half cut most of the time, but be around Will?  So on this one day he didn't drink, but he is generally drinking all the time.  Katie was definitely out of control, but he pushed her further.  He should never have discussed her drinking with her while she was actually drinking.  Amateur move.

Well it is nice to know that $Bill is such a catch that both Brooke and Katie have been driven to drink because of him.

• Love 8
(edited)

As much as Katie grates, I have to admit, I finally "got" her in Friday's episode.

I went from wanting to strangle her (and yelling at Brooke to get out of there as she didn't drive all the way over to be insulted yet again) but when Katie sank to her knees, I didn't see the harpy shrew, I saw the scared, lonely little girl she was all those years ago while Beth was off working (with Brooke helping), Storm off in law school, Donna busily dating, and her father long gone. With the exception of absentee Stephen, the others being occupied wasn't wrong, it just was. But it doesn't negate the fact that Katie was often alone and too much time alone led to feelings that she wasn't loved.

Yes, at some point, we all need to grow up and get over our childhood demons, but I don't think Katie ever truly grew up. She was the baby of the family and is cossetted to this very day where Brooke and Donna are concerned but cossetting and loving are two different things. Her actions of going after unavailable men (Nick, Ridge) and a man all wrong for her (Bill) are the actions of someone with a lot of growing up left to do. 

When she broke down and fell to her knees and Brooke went to comfort her, that got to me. While I questioned Brooke sticking around when the diatribe was going on, I questioned her leaving Katie (despite her wishes to the contrary) after the fact. I sincerely hope she gets the help and healing (and not the sexual kind!!!) she so desperately needs.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 9

Someone on another board posted a great theory on how Quinn's plan gets exposed in that she doesn't actually try to kill Liam but fakes his death so that everyone else thinks he's dead so that they're all busy while she convinces Adam that they need to leave town.

It's only when Ivy comes to town for Liam's funeral (and possibly after reading about Wyatt and Steffy's engagement) that she lets slip that she was worried about his head injury and had called his phone for Quinn to answer it that they begin to suspect something off. They then view the security footage of Liam collapsing and Quinn loading him into the car that they realize she's been behind it all. Wyatt realizes that she must've kept Liam at the cabin and they rush there to find it empty, clues left that she's on the run with him.  Meanwhile, 'Adam' is wondering why Eve is so frantic to leave and the stress begins to trigger memories for Liam and he begins to remember who he is and realizes what Quinn has done. They begin fighting for control of the car and it crashes with both rushed to the hospital.

Alternately, Quinn could get Liam to the airport and Bill, Steffy, and Wyatt arrive just in the nick of time to stop them and when they confront Quinn, Liam says that's his wife Eve at which everyone realizes she's been duping this poor guy but as they begin to move in for the attack, Liam passes out and collapses again and getting him to the hospital takes priority. Wyatt secrets Quinn away to figure out what she did while Bill and Steffy worry about Liam at the hospital. Wyatt then has the dilemma of helping his mother escape Bill or turn her over to the wolves. Bill is livid when the doctors confirm that Liam's head injury is weeks old and far more damaging than it shoud've been due to his not getting medical help.

I know Dr. Hardon was supposedly brought on for Katie or Brooke but could it be a bait and switch and they also test him with Quinn? She's got plenty of issues for him to sort.

• Love 9

The original girl who played Katie was not very attractive and kind of pimply, as i recall. If someone like her was playing Katie I might better understand all of this feeling so insecure, but the ugly duckling grew up into an accomplished,lovely swan. Move on, Katie. We're sick of the whining.

Dr. Hardon for Quinn might be a good idea. God knows she needs a live-in shrink. I can't wait until they end this stupid storyline. 

• Love 3

Could there be anyone who is less self aware and more self centered than Rick. IMO Rick truly believes that the world revolves around him and Maya. Once again I ask, what has Maya ever done to warrant her portrait to be hanging over the fireplace except being Rick's concubine at the time it was hung? If anything, there should be a portrait of Eric there much like the one Victor has hanging in his office.

I would have loved for Eric to have asked Rick if he was talking about Ridge or himself.

Can someone please tell me why Caroline was still in street clothes while she was in active labor?

• Love 7

The original girl who played Katie was not very attractive and kind of pimply, as i recall. If someone like her was playing Katie I might better understand all of this feeling so insecure, but the ugly duckling grew up into an accomplished,lovely swan. Move on, Katie. We're sick of the whining.

Dr. Hardon for Quinn might be a good idea. God knows she needs a live-in shrink. I can't wait until they end this stupid storyline. 

I'll be one of the first to say Katie should get over it already, but after watching her of late, I don't think she's ever really dealt with her demons. It's high time she did and part of that is why she blames Brooke for her self-esteem issues when it's called self-esteem for a reason.

As far as how she looks now, sure, to us, the world, she looks the part of the successful, confident, striking busineswoman, but it's all a sham because the only person's opinion on that is Katie's and we know she doesn't see herself that way. When she looks in the mirror, she sees that pimply faced teenager staring back at her. Contrast with how she sees Brooke - I imagine she sees Brooke, her golden locks blowing in the breeze of some invisible fan (ala Beyonce), her eyes sparkling, her laughter (giggling, whatever) tingling like bells, her smile lighting up the room and warming a million male hearts from seven to seventy.

She needs to get therapy to realize neither version is the truth. 

As for Quinn, no, no, a thousand times, no, as much as I love RS, no Dr. Hardon for her batshitcrazy self. She needs to be in prison for attempted murder, kidnapping and rape. 

• Love 3

Quinn is not going to pay unless RS is leaving. That's the way it goes on soaps. Its honestly why the writing on most is so terrible. There are no consequences. Characters can do reprehensible things and its forgotten about once sweeps is over.

• Love 6

I imagine she sees Brooke, her golden locks blowing in the breeze of some invisible fan (ala Beyonce), her eyes sparkling, her laughter (giggling, whatever) tingling like bells, her smile lighting up the room and warming a million male hearts from seven to seventy.

We really need to see Katie as she hits rock bottom see this onscreen. Maybe during a drunken dream. It may be the way of Aly and the floating Darla head, but it really would help underscore that Katie's reality is very skewed at the moment.

• Love 4

Quinn is not going to pay unless RS is leaving. That's the way it goes on soaps. Its honestly why the writing on most is so terrible. There are no consequences. Characters can do reprehensible things and its forgotten about once sweeps is over.

Some characters never pay, this is true, and I believe Quinn will pay for this about as much as I believe Pricktor Newman will pay for his latest in a long list of crimes.

• Love 4

In terms of how tight their Jan Brady "What about me?" game is, the B&B rankings after today's episode:

1. Katie

2. Rick

3. Wyatt

Let's be honest, though.  Thorne would win this in perpetuity if he was still around.

As for Caroline going into labor?  Ridge made it home with plenty of time to spare, but we've still got Gigantor (seriously, Pierson Fode was towering over everybody in his scenes today!) sortakinda pining for a kid of his own off on the sidelines.  The show's going out of its way to carry on the idea that this is Thomas's kid, and it's probably still the most likely outcome, but I can't help hoping this is an epic fakeout...which likely will take years to manifest if it is the case, so either way we lose.

We really need to see Katie as she hits rock bottom see this onscreen. Maybe during a drunken dream. It may be the way of Aly and the floating Darla head, but it really would help underscore that Katie's reality is very skewed at the moment.

Right there with you--we kind of need a full-on hallucinatory freakout to complete this.

• Love 2

Watching Ridge and Caroline in today's scenes, I remember why I love them so much.  I really hope this baby ends up being theirs, but, at the same time, I have such fond memories of TK playing daddy to a baby that wasn't his on AMC, and he was amazing.  Just as long as the end game isn't Thomas/Caroline, I'm OK with either paternity resolution. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Everything Rick was whining about Ridge today would apply to himself as well.  The little man-baby has no self-awareness at all.  At least Eric finally stood up for himself when Rick tried to play the transgender card. 

This show.  There's really not a single, likable character unless you count Will, who rightfully cries when getting pulled away from pasta.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 10

Word to all the above about Rick. He was really throwing the shade tantrum today, "transgender, Marone!" WOW!

I don't recall Rick opting to take a single second to consider his decision to move out, so he really pulled that argument out of his ass.

I am puzzling over the expression on Thomas' face during the closing scene. I couldn't tell if it was pure awe at the pending birth or "karma's a bitch -- DAD!"

• Love 6

Yeah, Little Ricky is such a whining titty baby. I'm surprised he didn't stamp his feet and hold his breath. He needs a dope slap upside that ridiculously coiffed head of his.

Why does Caroline need a midwife and a doula? Oh yeah, because she is a rich Californian!

• Love 7

I laughed at Rick saying Ridge should get his own house. Rick moved himself into Stephanie's house, that Ridge was raised in and he's throwing a tantrum saying Ridge should get his own house? Ridge as Rick pointed out owns a beach house plus is apartment. Rick has nothing, so who is the one who should be buying property? 

I loved the flashbacks as Ridge and Caroline prepared to have the baby.

• Love 5
(edited)
RunTheTable...I have missed you.

Also, I need that playlist.

That was too funny. As I was reading it the music I am familiar with played in my head.

Runthetable, I loved your song montage. May I put in a request for Wyatt, please? "Stop Dragging My Heart Around!" LOL!!! Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone! So sorry for not replying sooner, but it has been some crazy and busy times in the RuntheTable house! Anyway, just a brief explanation about my "musical montages"; I am taking a creative writing class, and our instructor suggested incorporating something that gives us motivation; for me that was music. So, I decided to try using the technique when writing about our B&B. And I love it! So challenging, but really fun too. I didn't get a chance to post last weeks piece so here it is:

So, Zende has decided to tell Nicole Here’s Where The Story Ends, saying “I have been Too Shy to tell you What’s On My Mind.” Starting to cry Zende goes on “All My Life I have been Waiting For A Girl Like You, a Young Girl, who is Some Kind Of Wonderful, but it all feels like Shattered Dreams now. You’re my Girlfriend, and we have been Happy Together, and We’ve Only Just Begun, but lately you seem A Million Miles Away. I’m sorry, I just can’t handle this Family Affair, I don’t want to rock the Cradle Of Love, but this is a Strange Brew. I made an Impulsive decision to support you, and I have Tried So Hard, but I have only been creating a Grand Illusion. Smiling sadly he says, “I am sorry Nicole, but I am going to have to let you Go Your Own Way.”  Nicole, feeling Shot Down In Flames, starts to cry and says “please Zende, Don’t Pull Your Love Out On Me Baby. I am begging you, don’t Turn Me Loose.” Zende, trying hard to hold it together says “Nicole, I am Ready For Love now, I don’t feel like having to wait to See You In September. I know this is Modern Love and all, and People Got To Be Free, but I Can’t Wait for you to be having Billion Dollar Babies with my Uncle. I don’t like this Connection you will be having with Rick; it feels like Us And Them you know?” Nicole, devastated says “Zende, if you just Relax and get some Fresh Air you will be able to Brush Away these feelings. More importantly, you must have Faith in our relationship; I Need You Zende, Don’t Look Back, look ahead at our future. Now, I made a Bargain with Rick and Maya, I did it with Freewill, and I Can’t Turn Back The Hands Of Time. This baby is not a Love Child, It’s A Miracle, so please Baby Hold On to that.” Zende, openly crying now says “O-O-H Child, I’m sorry, but I Ain’t Wastin Time No More; No Matter What, you will always have a Piece Of My Heart and I Will Always Love You. Now, Hold Your Head Up and Smile A Little Smile For Me.” With that, Zende turns and leaves a heartbroken Nicole.

Wyatt and Steffy are growing concerned about Quinn; Steffy says “I just can’t Tie Your Mother Down. This is so unlike her you know? Normally she is Working Day And Night, but ever since she moved Out In The Country and met this Mystery Man, she has been going through Changes and seems to lack her normal Motivation. Wyatt agrees saying “I know, she wasn’t Born Like This, she has always worked her Evil Ways, but she has met her deadlines; it’s as if she is living to the beat of a Different Drum.” Steffy smiles and says it is ok, but she still had to Lay It On The Line with Quinn about the necklace.” Later on Wyatt is determined to keep the conversation on the two of them by saying “Why Can’t We Live Together? You know I am Head Over Heels in love with you; why don’t you stop Living In The Past and move in here with me? You are The Most Beautiful Girl in the world and You Spin Me Right Round. It’s a Strange Magic you have worked on me, but I Just Can’t Get Enough of you.” Reaching in his pocket he pulls out a small box “I know Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend, but would you accept this instead?” Steffy is shocked and says “this is Really Saying Something, I had no idea you were Feeling That Way.” Wyatt laughs softly and says “I have spent too much time Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places, but I Saw The Light when I met you. Now, each day I Say A Little Prayer and try to Imagine a future with you.” Steffy smiles and says “For What It’s Worth, the ring is beautiful, but right now I Can’t Be Sure.”

Meanwhile, Deacon and Quinn are Hell Bent For Leather after Deacon finds out Quinn and Liam/Adam engaged in the ole ‘Bump And Grind. Deacon is hurt and confused saying “How Long Has This Been Going On? Don’t you know I’m Still Lovin You? How could you do this? And they say It Never Rains In California!” Starting to Panic, Quinn says “It Don’t Matter To Me what you think, It’s My Life and You Don’t Own Me, so don’t force me to go Crazy On You.” Angry, Deacon throws up his hands and says “Just Between You And Me I think you are a Basket Case Quinn. You are living in some Fantasy world, Dreaming about a White Wedding with Liam.” Quinn tells Deacon to shut up because “You Don’t Know How It Feels.” Smirking Deacon says “Honey, I know I’m A Loser, and I may be from the Poor Side Of Town, but I ain’t stupid, and you are Fooling Yourself if you think Liam and his whole family aren’t going to be All Over You when he wakes up and says “Oh yeah, I Remember You. Now hows about that money I asked for?” Quinn shakes her head saying “Only if you are Working For A Living. You get me those pictures first.” Deacon gets in Quinn’s face and says “I don’t know what kind of Black Magic you are working on Liam, but I am not going to do your Dirty Work and get some trumped up Pictures Of You and him.” Quinn smiles and says “Well then Dirty White Boy, you will have to Wait A Million Years to see any green from me. Now get out.” After Deacon leaves, Quinn goes into the bedroom and tells Liam/Adam “I Think We’re Alone Now” and sits by Liam/Adam on the bed. Liam/Adam is feeling down, and says “I am wondering if I might have some permanent Brain Damage? All you do is Treat Me Right, and Let Your Love Flow, and I can’t remember our life together.” Taking Quinn’s hand he goes on “Do You Believe In Magic? Cause This Guys In Love With You.” Quinn is glowing, and says “You’ve Made Me So Very Happy. I Just Want To Be Your Everything!”

To be continued……..

And for this week:

It seems there is Stormy Weather ahead for our Bell LAers, as a strong Wind Of Change is approaching. The Forresters and Spencers may be asking themselves is it Something In The Water as they face A New Reality.

Over at Brooke’s, Maya is concerned about Nicole saying “I Feel For You, and can’t believe Zende would just Walk Away from you like this”. Nicole replies “Oh, I would love to have Zende Back In My Arms Again, but he was at a Crossroads, and didn’t want to play Head Games with me, and said it was best if we went our Separate Ways.” Smirking, Maya throws her hand up and says “Whatever!” Shaking her head she goes on “Well, Ain’t That A Shame? Maybe Zende shouldn’t have been coming around here then, with his Temptation Eyes and Promises In The Dark!” Nicole jumps up, shaking her head Violently, saying “Your wrong Maya! Zende is a hard Working Man with a Heart Of Gold, and he was Ready For Love, but couldn’t watch as I grow bigger with Rick’s child Day After Day. Sometimes you have to be Cruel To Be Kind, but it was The Right Thing To Do.” Maya remains unconvinced “Well, Zende may think he is in the Driver’s Seat, but there was more than One Way Out of this for him. If he wanted to have Hot Fun In The Summertime he shouldn’t have been such a Liar. Mark my words, Sooner Or Later he is going to be Once Bitten Twice Shy, and find himself Alone Again Naturally.”

Meanwhile, over at the Forrester Estate, Zende is looking at a picture of Nicole thinking “I Wonder What She’s Doing Tonight?” Setting the picture down he turns to see Sasha; he asks “did I Hear You Knocking?” Frowning Sasha says “Angry Again? What, Am I Evil or something? Are you going to tell me to Beat It? Go ahead Guys Do It All The Time! Yeah, they say “hey Sasha, you should be Going Back To Cali!” Zende is shocked and says “I’m Sorry Sasha, but I am Going Out Of My Head right now. I told Nicole that Love Will Tear Us Apart; that we had a Tainted Love, and we would eventually end up Hurting Each Other.” Sasha smiling says “it’s ok, You’ve Got A Friend in me.” Walking toward Zende, she says “you know I have a Crush on you Rocket Man, so why is it every time we’re alone you Turn To Stone?” Putting her arms around Zende’s neck she goes on “you can Touch Me you know? I Wanna BeYour Lover, you don’t understand How Much I Feel for you. Only The Lonely just give up When It’s Over. What’s wrong? Don’t You Want Me Zende?” With that Zende kisses Sasha and says “I know I am Kind Of A Drag, but I have been Living On A Prayer, always on Needles and Pins not knowing What To Do. I know you want to Be My Lover, but I am guilty of Love In The First Degree with Nicole.” Sasha shrugs and says “those are just Wasted Words. One Way Or Another, I’m Gonna Make You Love Me.” Laying her finger on Zende’s mouth she says “now Hush. No More Words. You are a Freebird now Zende, so Let’s Live For Today. You have been Lonely Too Long, so Let’s Groove Tonight. I am not an Imaginary Lover, and I am Gonna Make You Sweat.” Suddenly, Everything’s Zen for Zende, and he says Come A Little Closer my Caribbean Queen and Ride My See-Saw.”

The Spencers are also having problems; Bill and Katie are fighting again. After her disastrous dinner party Katie found herself asking “Where Have All The Good Times Gone?” Later, when an angry Bill says “are you All Right Now”, a smirking Katie asks “what do you mean by that? Do you think I’m Crazy? Oh right I bet Everybody’s Talkin about crazy Katie.” Bill asks who “everybody” is and Katie says “well Brooke of course. Once you two start talking you become a Girl Watcher and she becomes a Maneater. Bill gives Katie one of his Looks That Kill and says “nonsense Katie.” Glaring, Katie says “She’s My Sister, and I love her, but she has been Sleeping Single In A Double Bed for too long, and she has Too Much Time On Her Hands. That’s when she becomes a Barracuda, and starts her Seek & Destroy missions. Please Bill, I love you, but I can’t handle this Love On A Two Way Street, I Need To Know that you are being Faithful.” Bill storms out with Little Will, and Katie asks Brooke to come over. Brooke is immediately alarmed and thinks “Katie is really having a Psychotic Reaction, it’s as if She’s Come Undone.” Confused she asks Katie “why do you do this. You Call Me over here and Cry Like A Baby. Now, I’m Lost Without Your Love Katie, but Bill and I are not Foolin’ Around!” Katie slowly shakes her head “please Brooke, I can see it in your Lyin’ Eyes. You are like a Suicide Blonde. It’s Just The Same Way it’s always been; men Never Can Say Goodbye to you. Just Once I would love to see your Radar Love fail. Well, Every Picture Tells A Story Brooke; You Got Lucky the first time” Katie holds up her hand and shows Brooke her wedding ring “this Band Of Gold says Bill is mine. Openly crying now, Brooke says “Katie, If You Could Read My Mind, you would know that All I Really Want is your love back.” Katie says “Every Time I Think Of You I see the same thing; our family’s Shining Star. Everyone has always said She’s A Beauty; oh, Nothing Compares To U, not our Brooke, the one who enters a room and There’s A Kind Of Hush.” Brooke pleads “Katie my time and memories with Bill was, and are, Precious and Few, and I feel like I’ll Never Fall In Love Again, but I am not a Love Removal Machine.” Katie won’t listen to Brooke and tells her to leave.

Outside of that Bill has finally decided to show Wyatt A Father’s Love. Bill always thought Wyatt was after Daddy’s Money, and because of it Papa Was A Rolling Stone, but Bill has changed his thinking and now Papa Has A Brand New Bag.

Deacon brought Quinn her pictures, and he is a Mad Dog about Quinn’s Feelings for Liam/Adam. Quinn says “please Deacon, I Don’t Know How To Love Him.” Deacon laughs and says “stuff if Quinn. You are not a Sentimental Lady, and you are a Daydream Believer if you think you are anything more than his Living, Loving Maid.” Quinn says “look Deacon, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden. Now, I gave you The Good Life but It’s Over Now” as she shows him to the door. 

To be continued…….

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12
Can someone please tell me why Caroline was still in street clothes while she was in active labor?

That's nothing. Back in the day a character on AMC gave birth while clearly wearing pantyhose. (Allegedly the actress was very religious or something and didn't want to show her bare legs on screen.)

Rick is hilarious. He is such a whiny man-baby. I guess Ridge is going to be distracted by the new baby and stuff and Rick will take the opening to resume control of FC? Lawd knows Rick needs the work since he, Maya, and Nicole are practically starving, homeless, and living on the street.

• Love 8

I don't know why I'm asking this or expecting reality, but didn't rape night occur in late August/early September? If so, that baby is only about 6 months' baked, maybe closer to 7 (and that's stretching it).

Usually, soaps drag pregnancies on and on, elephant style, but this is pretty ridiculous. That and the fact that her bump doubled overnight. 

To add to the unrealistic atmosphere, you have a normal breathing Caroline calming lying in bed, no mussed hair, not a flicker of sweat anywhere, in the same clothes, when she's 6 cm dilated. Come on...

If the flashbacks were designed to make me ooo and aww for CaRidge nostalgia, they didn't. They served to remind me that they started as an affair and that Caroline's hair was much prettier before she hacked it off and let her dark roots grow out.

• Love 6

There really are no rootable couples on this show IMO. They are all gross in some way.

I did think Deacon and Quinn were rootable because they tried to be better for each other. And like all things writers get right they took a massive turd on it.

• Love 10