Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I'm wondering if I'm failing to remember an "accidental" attack by Steffy between Aly's death and pushing Ivy into the electrical panel. Was there a previous incident involving Ivy before the panel and Ivy's fall when Steffy ignored the restraining order?

Edited by tantrumette
Anna Yolei, on 01 Jan 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

I'm glad Steffy called Liam out for his stupid leading on shit, but she shouldn't be surprised.

And it all falls on deaf ears. Liam can no more change his modus operandi than anyone else on Show.

That fall down the stairs? Hilariously bad. And where the hell did Liam come from?!

All I could think was, "Steffy shows up for the last word, and Ivy ends up at the bottom of the stairs. What. A. Shock."

Why would Liam let Steffy leave FC and follow in a separate car after she whips herself up into a froth, after Ivy's scalp and the coup de grâce? Liam has always been a waste of skin.

Katie is beyond stupid and deserves the inevitable outcome of putting Bill in Brooke'spath.

After all these years you'd think Katie would recognize the smell the of unrequited lust and lube wafting in the air between $Bill and Brooke.

Joimiaroxeu, on 01 Jan 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

I thought the seller/marketer paid the show to feature their product, not the other way around? I get why shows aren't going to have characters using MacBooks (with the logo clearly visible) or listening to Top 40 music because of copyright issues. However, I think more often than not when a show does feature a brand name product it's because they're getting paid to do so. Otherwise, why bother? What would be in it for them?

Product placement fees work both ways. If a TV show or movie needs to use a specific brand because it's integral to the story, they will approach the brand and pay for it's use.

In the case of creating the fake vodka brand Beata: Not only can Bn'B not afford the product placement of a top-shelf vodka like IDÔL, but what vodka distillery wants to attach their brand to a Lonely Business Woman Drinks Herself Into Cartoon Alcoholism storyline on an internationally broadcast Soap Opera?

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8

Steffy just needs to STFU lecturing anyone about going after an engaged man. Bitch, please. Plus she had the nerve to say that Ivy went after her creepy brother when she knows bloody well that he set his sights on Ivy.

• Love 13

That was a pretty bold request by Rick and Maya, with very little preamble.

Nicole and Zende are deadly dull as young luv/ teen scenesters. Perhaps the anxiety of Nicole giving up her first born will give the couple something to do besides not acting like hormonal teenagers.

So, if I have this right: Liam and Steffy (Bratz... *snicker*) are likely going to break up...again...because Steffy has apparently truly inherited Queen Stephanie's just-can't-leave-a-bitch-alone gene and Ivy's become a klutz after getting electrocuted?  Oh, you show.

That said, I'll give Steffy a point for calling Liam on his unintentional leading-on of Ivy (which continues to reinforce my view of him as a bugfixed Ridge), but I have to take it away because of the aforementioned just-can't-leave-a-bitch-alone thing.  JMW, if nothing else, is actually kind of good at that sort of Stephanie-lite bitchery...but she's not that good, and that comparison hurts her a lot.  (And, as shallow as it is sometimes, the work she's had done affects her emoting, and that really doesn't help either.)  Then again, this particular story's been a clusterfuck from the start anyway.

Meanwhile, Brooke still being hung up on Bill...as much as I love KKL, DD, and HT I'm not sure I want to see this rerun proceed any further.  Or at least not without Brooke going into more of a downward spiral because of an empty nest; give me that and I'd actually at least be willing to see where they go from there.

• Love 5

Can't there be a single original idea? Why can't Brooke take one of the interns under her wing, for example?

This whole "still pining over Bill"thing disregards all history with Ridge and the lack of Chem with TK aside...yeah, no. There were men in her life who bought her restaurants, all but disowned or were disowned by their families and went completely N. Sane to be with her (hi, Nick!). And she left all of them for Ridge. Every. Single. Time. Nick Marone was the only man that came close to "winning" and we all know how that went.

Bill was a rebound...the soft landing spot not unlike Deacon was when she foolishly thought Ridge would walk away from a fairly happy marriage to Taylor because she paraded around in her underwear a few times. Even ignoring the Dare dressing-down of 2010 (which I'd give my left arm for if anyone had a clip in un-dubbed English of), she was all too quick to chase Ridge yet again when the Brill nuptials went south and after he'd ruined her son's marriage.

Also, it's Brooke in the 3572945th inappropriate relationship. Yawn. Every possible thing that she can do has been done.* I wish they'd explore Steffy and Bill and be done with him trying to bone her with Liam's dick (and omg, we gotta go though the "Steffy is teh bestest gurl evar 4 u"bullshit ALL OVER AGAIN. Thanks, Obama! I mean Bell, lol :p )

*Unless RJ is gay and Brooke steals his bi boyfriend somehow. Most likely, they'd give that story to Steffy. RJ is half Logan, which would be reason enough to ruin his life.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

And one other thing:

when do any of these dolts EVER need to buy a plane ticket when the Forrester Jet is free? In fact, the only time I ever remember the Forresters on a commercial flight was the trip to Lake Como. I'm doubly confused how someone taking a flight after 9/11 accidentally ends up on a flight :/

• Love 1

And one other thing:

when do any of these dolts EVER need to buy a plane ticket when the Forrester Jet is free? In fact, the only time I ever remember the Forresters on a commercial flight was the trip to Lake Como. I'm doubly confused how someone taking a flight after 9/11 accidentally ends up on a flight :/

Well, it would have to be corporate business (which this isn't) to use the jet so I see no problem in that respect.

Well, it would have to be corporate business (which this isn't) to use the jet so I see no problem in that respect.

It wasn't corporate business when Wyatt used the Spencer jet to fly Nicole over CA airspace so he could try to get The Secret out of her. It also wasn't corporate business when Liam jumped on the Spencer jet to fly to Hawaii to try to get Hope away from Wyatt. Then there's been all those romantic jaunts to Aspen that were made via the Spencer and FC jets. I think if anyone associated with the Spencers or Forresters flies commercial it's a plot device.

• Love 6

So I have to give it to the show, they've really outdone themselves. I guess we had to put up with retread storylines and dialogue so they could pool their collective resources to come up with the least logical, most ridiculous thing possible, and for no good reason. 

• Love 6

I gave up on this show several months ago as I did not like the story lines and how the writers constantly change the characters personalities. I did not say I would never watch again though I felt that way.  It was a good thing I did not say that as I recently saw two episodes and the writing is still terrible. There was Liam caught between 2 women and Wyatt dating a woman who had been with Liam and was still in love with him. Nothing new there. Then there is the Bill/Katie/Brooke retread.  There are no words except I'm so happy I haven't been watching the show.  It is an absolute mess.

• Love 8

It wasn't corporate business when Wyatt used the Spencer jet to fly Nicole over CA airspace so he could try to get The Secret out of her. It also wasn't corporate business when Liam jumped on the Spencer jet to fly to Hawaii to try to get Hope away from Wyatt. Then there's been all those romantic jaunts to Aspen that were made via the Spencer and FC jets. I think if anyone associated with the Spencers or Forresters flies commercial it's a plot device.

Let's not forget Ridge flying to Dubai to stop Brooke and Bill from getting married.  

With regard to the retread writing and instantaneous personality changes, I choose not to watch it anymore, but I do feel sorry for the actors having to try to sell this garbage as believable, especially KKL, who had the better part of 2015 off only to come back to this again.

Edited by Kerri Okie
  • Love 4

Note to Ivy.....do not talk to Steffy on a staircase, a basement next to electrical equipment, or after a car wreck or dammit, anywhere for that matter.  I know the bitch keeps tracking you down but run, baby, run.  "You in danger, girl".

That said I am about done with this mess and I've only been watching since Thanksgiving 2014.  Does that tell you anything *alleged* writers?

• Love 7

Note to Ivy.....do not talk to Steffy on a staircase, a basement next to electrical equipment, or after a car wreck or dammit, anywhere for that matter. I know the bitch keeps tracking you down but run, baby, run. "You in danger, girl".

That said I am about done with this mess and I've only been watching since Thanksgiving 2014. Does that tell you anything *alleged* writers?

Forget that, I've been watching since the early 2000s, and I've sat through Brooke stealing two of her daughter's husbands, Thorne and Felicia's crybaby Parent Trap antics, far too many go around of Bridge to count; but finally I had to tap out for good this year. There is nothing of the show I used to love here.
  • Love 3

When I heard the spoiler about someone taking a tumble down the steps, I thought for sure it would be Steffy with Ivy proclaiming "it was an accident!!!!"  But it clearly was not to be, that would just be too different for the writers to even consider. 

Also...I did like that Caroline was supportive of Wyatt, but I wanted to slap that "boo-boo" face she continually made (complete with jutted out bottom lip) silly!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

I've been watching this show on and off for - well forever. I absolutely detest the character Brooke Logan. The writers sending her back to Bill? Too much. I simply cannot with this junk anymore. Coupled with the ruination of Ivy, awful Bratz and her non-moving face, saint Maya, waffle Liam. Uggghh. The list goes on and on. I finally took this off the DVR again.

• Love 6

That was a carefully chosen repeat to show on Friday. I guess that the viewers are just supposed to forget about the time lag between whenever that episode first aired and now.

So Ivy and Liam were having their first "non"-date and now we understand that Brooke dumped Bill for allegedly ruining Ridge's career.

And so that's supposed to make everything magically make sense today?

• Love 3

That was a carefully chosen repeat to show on Friday. I guess that the viewers are just supposed to forget about the time lag between whenever that episode first aired and now.

So Ivy and Liam were having their first "non"-date and now we understand that Brooke dumped Bill for allegedly ruining Ridge's career.

And so that's supposed to make everything magically make sense today?

I'd forgotten about that reason she split from Bill. I don't watch live and CBS won't repost their repeats on the app. And of Ivy and Liam are just starting out, that sounds like that happened early last year IIRC.
  • Love 1

I kind of like the way this plotline is going.  I am so glad Ivy didn't say Steffi pushed her, but Liam is still disgusted with Steffi. Hahaha!

But seriously, Ivy needs to stop worrying about her love life and worry about her own well-being.  Why would someone who lives in a mansion and has just recovered from electrocution etc, be hauling her own luggage down the stairs?

And wasn't it just a few B&B days ago that Steffi was so relieved that she wasn't going to jail and she wanted to be family with Ivy?

So clearly a couple swap is coming but not for the expected reasons.

I was comparing today also that when Hope tripped and fell, everyone blamed Quinn for just being present.  This is kind of the same scenario but I bet no one other than Liam is blaming Steffi.

• Love 6
Why would someone who lives in a mansion and has just recovered from electrocution etc, be hauling her own luggage down the stairs?

That's a good question which reminds me of something I've been wondering for a while: don't the Forresters have servants and if so, why do we never see them? Are we to believe that Maya is doing the laundry and changing the linens? I guess Brooke could have a cleaning service come in to deal with her mansion but are we to believe that she cooks her own dinner, does the dishes, and takes out the garbage? And what about Ridge and Caroline? Are they cooking and doing the housework or do they order out every night and have a cleaning service for that tiny apartment? Katy and Bill occasionally mention the staff but I can't remember the last time one of them was ever seen. Soaps used to include domestic workers and some of them even had storylines  but now it seems like that's a no no. (Not counting Esther on Y&R. She hasn't been a real maid for years even if she did wear the silly uniform.)

• Love 6

Rena Sofer is such a beautiful woman and a great actress. Love her scenes!

I forgot Rena was on NCIS playing a lawyer until I saw a repeat episode today. The lawyer, she plays, has a very close resemblance to Quinn in mannerisms. Rena more than holds her own with the NCIS cast and can give Gibbs what for. To me; Rena has to tone down her acting skills so these called actors can't keep up with her.

On that note, I think they got rid of Aly because she is a much better actress than Steffy and Maya. Also, she would have been much much better than Nicole and Sasha.

If Brooke's new SL is to resurrect her relationship with Bill, than the Bold and the Beautiful would become the Old and the Squinty.

• Love 10

I don't get Quinn, although it's really all about these fucked up "writers." Wyatt has already had his heart broken by two of Liam's leftovers. Does she really think the third time will be the charm? I couldn't even bring myself to put the show back on a series recording after getting back from vacation. 

Edited by thewhiteowl
  • Love 6

I don't get Quinn, although it's really all about these fucked up "writers." Wyatt has already had his heart broken by two of Liam's leftovers. Does she really think the third time will be the charm? I couldn't even bring myself to put the show back on a series recording after getting back from vacation.

Given the BTS bullshit of short changing the writing staff with as few hours as possible, it's entirely possible that there's little to no communication between writers for any given story.

But still. This show has been a 30 minute show its entire run. Even as recently as 2005, the partner swapping between relatives wasn't as prevalent, and with the short lived exception of Ridge and Bridget there wasn't actual faux-relative crap like Ivy/Thomas.

• Love 5

Finally Liam stood up to Steffy about all the violence that seems to surround her and how it's never her fault.  Of course he then waffled right back when he told Ivy he was staying with the Puffer Fish and that he believed she didn't push Ivy down the stairs.

How many times do we have to see her shedding crocodile tears saying 'it wasn't my fault; it was an accident'?  No one seems to care that Aly was killed, but who else does Puffer have to kill before the Foresters see that something is wrong with her. 

I don't think Steffy pushed Ivy, However, I do think that she stood in Ivy's way and sort of / kind of/ maybe on purpose tripped her.

• Love 5
Anna Yolei, on 02 Jan 2016 - 2:11 PM, said:

And one other thing:

I assumed that the FC jet was in Hawaii with Rick and the SAvants, unavailable to fly Ivy to Australia. How Liam ends up on a commercial fight by accident ... the well-known and over-used Bell™ Dramatic License Storyline Surprise?

• Love 2

The main thing I got out of today's show is that JMW pronounces "fault" really oddly.  And she kept saying it over and over and over (and over and over) again. 

JMW is Canadian and ever so often, her accent slips up. It was really noticeable when she first started on the show.

• Love 2

JMW is Canadian and ever so often, her accent slips up. It was really noticeable when she first started on the show.

Ah, maybe that was it.  It seemed like, overall, she was enunciating everything really oddly today, maybe her accent slips in when she's doing "emotional" stuff.  

• Love 3

I assumed that the FC jet was in Hawaii with Rick and the SAvants, unavailable to fly Ivy to Australia. How Liam ends up on a commercial fight by accident ... the well-known and over-used Bell™ Dramatic License Storyline Surprise?

Why didn't Waffles use the Spencer jet?

• Love 3

Ah, maybe that was it.  It seemed like, overall, she was enunciating everything really oddly today, maybe her accent slips in when she's doing "emotional" stuff.  

Yeah. That coupled with the Botox. |- ] (that is my attempt at a Botoxed emoticon!)

Did Quinn really compare Ivy to a cockroach today?

• Love 6

Finally Liam stood up to Steffy about all the violence that seems to surround her and how it's never her fault. Of course he then waffled right back when he told Ivy he was staying with the Puffer Fish and that he believed she didn't push Ivy down the stairs.

How many times do we have to see her shedding crocodile tears saying 'it wasn't my fault; it was an accident'? No one seems to care that Aly was killed, but who else does Puffer have to kill before the Foresters see that something is wrong with her.

I don't think Steffy pushed Ivy, However, I do think that she stood in Ivy's way and sort of / kind of/ maybe on purpose tripped her.

Yanno, I've always shat on Liam for him always bailing at the first sign of trouble. It was a more mutual thing with Hope, but he'd cut out pretty quick with Steffy in the past too.

That said, is it progress worth cheering when THIS is what he's standing by her on (today, at least;who knows tommorrow)? Steffy didn't directly stage that fall to happen anymore than Quinn forced Hope to fall or Stephanie's comments to Andy the creep meant she was aiming for Brooke to be raped. But these events happened because idiot assholes couldn't leave well enough alone. Ivy is a cakewalk compared to Hope, who Steffy tried to BRIBE to leave town to no avail and whom Liam was always pining for during both their previous marriage. Ivy WAS LEAVING. With no one's help. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Love 15

Yeah. That coupled with the Botox. |- ] (that is my attempt at a Botoxed emoticon!)

That's what I was thinking initially - that she's had so much work done that she can't properly move her mouth to make words.  

• Love 2

Oh Puffy, you are hearing Beady Eyes' voice in your head telling you that is over.  Please do us all a favour.... completely snap and kill 90% of the people on this show.  It is that bad.

Instead, it's so obvious that she is going to run to Wyatt.  Beady will be with Ivy.  Until two months from now, when they swap back.  And repeat ad nauseum. Bradley Bell, you suck donkey ass.

• Love 7

Soaps used to include domestic workers and some of them even had storylines  but now it seems like that's a no no. (Not counting Esther on Y&R. She hasn't been a real maid for years even if she did wear the silly uniform.)

I'm a little surprised the success of Downton Abbey hasn't sparked more of a change on this front. Bartenders and baristas are the closest thing to the middle class we see on soaps anymore, and even they all have billionaire parents.

I liked Ivy's doctor, I thought he was cute and I loved his voice.

Maybe we should send him in Brooke's direction to cure her of her Billemia!
  • Love 8

As Liam was heading to the plane's bathroom, I was saying "oh, please, Jesus, let him knock himself unconscious in the crapper!"  If this show is going to insist on being crap, then, please, be the kind of crap I can cackle at.  

• Love 12

Okay, at least it was funny. Ridiculously stupid, but funny. I'm sad that the only thing they have for Quinn to do is push Wyatt and Steffy together. The less I say about Bratz the better. No amount of fireplace pouting is going to make me feel bad for her. But she should be more careful, a single ember hits that thing on her head and she's done for. 

Surprisingly, I really liked the brief scene with Eric and Ivy. It was nice to see one of the grown-ups around and not talking about the stupid partner swapping. 

• Love 13

Maybe we should send him in Brooke's direction to cure her of her Billemia!

Great minds think alike, that was my 1st thought as well...minus "Billemia", I'm not that clever :)
  • Love 4

As Liam was heading to the plane's bathroom, I was saying "oh, please, Jesus, let him knock himself unconscious in the crapper!" If this show is going to insist on being crap, then, please, be the kind of crap I can cackle at.

I thought that he was going to reach for the large mint, in the bottom of the toilet, and hit his head on the sink. If Liam is un conscience in the bathroom and the water is still running, why would the plane take off while he is still there? Bathrooms are checked to make sure nobody is in them before takeoff. Also, if they found him un conscience, in the bathroom, than why would they put him in his seat than takeoff? I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Its funny that Steffy, Hope, and Ivy all wanted to leave the country after being Waffleized but not before professing their love for him. Steffy is back but not before she got her ovaries back and Hope left and the jury is still out on Ivy.

It's also funny that Steffy leaves because Liam should be with Hope and Katie encourages Brooke to be with Bill. Now that Brooke and Bill are heating up, is Hope going to make an appearance?

• Love 3